What is Enterprise Software?
- Targets any / all types of organizations - corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships, nonprofits, government agencies - but not consumers.
- Targets any / all industries.
- Targets any / all sizes of organizations - Fortune 500 to Mom and Pop.
- Includes function-specific (Accounting, HR, Supply Chain, etc.) and industry-specific (Manufacturing, Retail, Healthcare, etc.) solutions.
The enterprise software industry includes the following characteristics:
- Market size of roughly $200 Billion and growing 5-10% per year.
- Thousands of vendors with high customer acquisition costs.
- Millions of customers with high number of purchase failures.
- Products range from simple to complex.
- Prices range from free to millions of dollars.