Capterra Guidelines for Product Listings
Welcome to Capterra. Please take time to read our Product Listing Guidelines.
These Guidelines for Product Listings (“Guidelines”), which are incorporated by this reference into the General Vendor Terms, govern the use of our Sites, Services and Content by Capterra and its Affiliates and all Vendors, both Basic and Upgraded (“Vendors”).
Product Listings are high level descriptions of Vendor’s products (including vendor name & logo, product name & description, screenshots) created by Capterra or Vendor and featured in Capterra’s online software directories.
For a glossary of additional Capterra definitions used in these Guidelines, please click here.
Product Listing Creation:
In order to be a comprehensive resource for software buyers, we include all software product listings that are currently being marketed/sold and fit in a category. We will either create these listings from publicly available information or work with the software vendor to create and/or update a list that is accurate and best reflects the product’s features and differentiation.
Criteria for Posting Product Listings on our Sites:
- It is a B2B solution – we do not list personal productivity solutions and/or personal apps.
- It is a packaged (pre-built / off-the-shelf) solution – we do not list custom-made/bespoke developers.
- It fits within one of the existing software categories (“Directories”).
- It must be publicly available and out of Beta testing.
- It is listed as a product by the vendor – we do not list resellers, integrators, consultants, etc. unless the vendor authorizes a reseller to list the product on their behalf.
At Vendor Request: In keeping with our goal to be a comprehensive resource for software buyers, we will not remove software product listings that are currently being marketed/sold and fit in a category. We will work with the software vendor to update the listing to ensure it is accurate and best reflects the product’s features and differentiation.
If a software vendor is no longer in business and/or the product listed is no longer being sold (clearly reflected on the company website), we will review and remove the product listing from the catalog.
If, through the course of on-going maintenance and review of our catalog, we discover that an existing product listing no longer fits in a category and/or is not a legitimate, packaged B2B product, it will be reviewed and removed.
At Capterra Discretion: We reserve the right to modify or remove your Product Listing and/or Product Profile if, in our sole discretion, the listing or profile fails to comply with these Guidelines. As a rule, we not remove Vendor Product Listings or Product Profiles unless: (i) the Product Listing or Profile does not fit within one of the existing software categories (“Directories”); or (ii) there is evidence to demonstrate that the Vendor’s product is no longer actively being marketed and/or sold to the public.
- Do ensure overview is a product description.
- Do ensure product name matches product name on Vendor’s Site.
- Do ensure that destination URLs work and point to Vendor’s Site.
- Do use standard spelling and grammar.
- Do not use marketing or subjective text in product and company name (e.g., award-winning).
- Do not use offensive, obscene or defamatory language.
- Do not include personally identifiable information in product description (phone, email, fax, URL).
- Do not include suffixes in company name (e.g., no Inc, Corporation, LLC, etc.).
- Do not use repeated or unnecessary punctuation marks.
- Do not use line breaks.
- Do not use symbols or characters.
- Do not use excessive capitalization.
- Do not use HTML tags.
We reserve the right to make changes to these Guidelines at any time without penalty by posting notice of such change on our Sites. Your use of our Capterra Sites and/or Services after such notice has posted constitutes your acceptance of the updated Guidelines.
Last Updated: May 2018