Filpac Ratings

Overall

About Filpac

Filpac is all-in-one campaign management software for Candidates, PACs, Party Organizations, Officeholders, Committee Treasurers and Fund-raisers. You'll raise more money, recruit more help and reach more of the right people with the powerful Filpac system. That's because Filpac enables you to multiply yourself by extending personal contact to thousands of members, supporters, donors, clients or constituents. Learn more about Filpac

William C.
treasurer
Political Organization, Self-employed
March 30, 2018

“Outstanding campaign software product; even better personal service”

OverallI serve as campaign treasurer of over 50 committees and use FIL PAC for every committee.
ProsI use FIL PAC for federal, state and local campaign finance reporting for candidates, PACs and Party committees. It is versatile and specific to each entity's reporting requirements and needs (with both electronic and paper filing). It is a very logical and practical-to-use software that makes data entry easy and reporting simple. You can tell that the developers actually have worked on campaigns and understand the needs of the campaign treasurer. The candidate and campaign manager can obtain fundraising reports and demographic data that can help them too. Excellent product.
ConsNo problems here. Staff solves any problems I encounter with immediate personal service.
Steve C.
VP of IT
March 30, 2018

“We have used an evaluated other products, but Filpac is by far the simplest to setup and use.”

ProsThe software is easy to use, easy to administer, and the support from Filpac is second to none. Any time we have needed something tweaked we have received our requested mods within a day in most cases. I have never had support like this, especially for the price point of the software. I don't know how Filpac provides such a quality product for such a low cost, especially when compared to their competition. Above all, I don't get complaints from my end users.
ConsWhen you open Filpac, you can ask for updates. If one is available, you simply download, unzip it, and place the files. My minor complaint is that sometimes it tells you there is an update when there is not - the version is the same. It wastes a whole 45 seconds of my time to download and determine I already have it! For the support I receive and the price I pay, I can live with this! And to be fair, I have never informed Filpac support of this issue - I imagine if I did it would get resolved, but it's so minor it doesn't seem to be worth my time to complain!
Judy M.
Treasurer / PAC Manager
Government Relations, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2018

“Our two companies has been using Filpac for over 20 years.”

OverallPictures were hard to see.
ProsWhen I had a special request, no matter how big or small, it was done in a timely matter. The user experience was enhanced by the fact that we always had the ability to have personal contact with the owner/developer. Additionally, Filpac always incorporated the periodic updates for the FEC reports. Finally, it is very helpful that the software can be accessed from different locations.
ConsSometimes when Filpac new updates would come out, it would have a few bugs but were always taken care of timely matter.
April 5, 2018
Cathy O.
Bookkeeper
March 30, 2018

“Very easy to use. Runs all the reports I need. Files with the FEC with ease. ”

OverallGreat pricing, easy reports, and FEC filing made easy.
ProsThe customer support team is always there and fixes and updates the software as needed. The reports are very flexible and easy to adjust and run to get just the information you need.
ConsI don't like the order in which you enter the donor contact information. Moving from one donor to the next is a little slow.
Dale P.
Sr Cost Analyst
March 30, 2018

“Great functionality. Great value. Outrageously great customer service.”

OverallFilpac gives us a simple cloud-based way to comply with FEC reporting requirements. It's easy to navigate and I learned how to use it quickly. Being a small PAC, we are very cost conscious. Filpac gives us great value, especially compared to a prior vendor that charged 4 to 6 times the annual fees. Their customer service is great. I don't have to worry about making catastrophic errors, because they can always back me up to a previous point and give me a do-over. Brilliant.
ProsThe value for money is phenomenal, after having paid 4 to 6 times the annual fees for other similar software. I love the customer support. If there's a problem, I send a screen image to support and it's always fixed that day or early the next, whether the problem is mine or theirs. If I load faulty data, I just call and they back me up to where I started, and I carry on. Functionality goes way beyond what I actually use, but it's easy to navigate.
ConsOccasional failure of a function. It doesn't happen often, but once in a while an upload will fail or I can't submit a report. We are a small PAC, so the occasional delay isn't much of a problem.
Norbert O.
Treasurer
April 9, 2018

“Easily tracking expenses and contributions for political campaign”

OverallEase in tracking contributions and expenditures.
ProsCustomer support has been extremely helpful in answering questions and making updates based on feedback. The support staff is very responsive on weekends and evenings as well.
ConsSome of the modules can be challenging to understand how to use. There are often multiple ways to pull information, but finding the simplest can be challenging.
April 9, 2018
Mike A.
Senior Accountant
April 2, 2018

“Excellent value for the investment”

ProsEase of navigation and data location. Data mining for ad hoc reporting is facilitated through Excel import feature
ConsSettings on check writing template do not update/save easily. Voiding of prior transactions does not prompt with a verification of transaction.
April 2, 2018
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
March 14, 2018

“Powerful Software, Great Value! ”

OverallI have saved a bunch of money by using Filpac for my race. It is not web based. But I dont really need it to be.
ProsWith Filpac I am able to maintain a huge database with minimal effort. I can track contributions and disbursements easily. Filing my campaign finance reports electronically is extremely easy now. A lot of what I use it for is my direct mail, build prospecting lists, print mailing labels and managing my telemarketing fundraising efforts.
March 14, 2018
John F.
General Consultant
March 30, 2018

“FIlpac has been excellent for our campaign as a tool but the amazing customer support is invaluable”

OverallThe price is amazing and the ease to file the FEC reports is also helpful.
ProsThe best part about the software is its simple user interface. After downloading the software to my desktop, it was quite easy to browse through all the information and understand how it was going to be useful immediately moving forward.
ConsWhile the initial user interface is simple, it does become cumbersome when running in depth reports and reading them.