eMaint Ratings

Overall

About eMaint

eMaint is part of the Fluke family and is an award-winning CMMS solution for maintenance management that's designed--both in its software and in its delivery model--with the idea of partnership. Its adaptive interface empowers users to connect data for actionable insights, connect teams for streamlined operations, and connect systems for extended ROI. Learn more about eMaint

David F.
Global Service Operations Engineer
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees
June 26, 2019

“Great CMMS Program with many use cases”

ProsThe software comes "out of the box" ready to use on a base level. Customization of fields, forms, and functionality (through workflows and other means) is very simple and the customer support team is always there to help you implement your ideas and goals; outstanding team honestly. The system really excels in helping you track your assets and inventory in a very clean and organized way.
ConsI have found that even though there is a LOT that can be done in the system to make it work for your specific application, there have been a few limitations in areas that I would have thought would be better. We are on X4 and its still based on their X3 system and certain parts put you back into X3 mode and it can be a little confusing at times, like in the pending POs section, and other parts of the purchasing area in general. There have also been some functionalities of the system that I would have thought would have been standard for workflows of the system but aren't, most though were able to be added to some degree. Also the formatting of reports is clunky and annoying at times; certainly improvements to be done with doing a betting "mass" report publish for things like monthly report and such.
matthew K.
Engineering Supervisor
Gambling & Casinos, 1001-5000 employees
June 24, 2019

“Customized”

OverallThe various options for service or help are great. The messaging option is quick and even phone calls are received or return in a very fashionable time. They want the customer to get the best product for their needs.
ProsThe software allows for easy customization to your needs. eMaint's team of professionals will help you get the product functionality that you desire. The software is adjustable by the property's administrator and does not always need eMaints help. The ease of making tweaks and adjustments allows great adaptability to situations that arise.
ConsThe initial cost and set up was hard to serve to upper management. The overall options for customization can be overwhelming.
June 24, 2019
David F.
Global Service Operations Engineer
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees
December 11, 2018

“Great out of-the-box solution to CMMS”

OverallGreat overall experience from my past year and a half using the system, working with multiple CMMS, attending multiple in person training, and using their online training tools. I am always recommending eMaint to anyone that i think could benefit from a system of this caliber.
ProsThe software has all the basic features and functionalities that you need for a great CMMS program, that is adaptable and customization for many industries and demands. There is more in the system than i think most customers even take advantage of, but the customer support team has always been there to help brainstorm ideas and best practices for implementing the system to deliver what you need.
ConsThere are certain scenarios that the system can act a little glitchy at times in regards to the reports and report output into HTML/excel that can be frustrating, in terms of formatting not being adjustable and other quirks that you just have to accept. For example the excel reports only export as an excel 2003 doc, i mean come on that is sooo outdated, and then on top of that all the columns are tiny, and you have to manually drag them out each time, these are small annoyances. The HTML exported reports also have no page margins, so the table literally goes all the way to the edge of the page, making parts get cut off upon printing, and this is something that cant be adjusted in the system. There are other limits that the system can just not do for reporting that i wish it could. In general though, the bulk of my grips with the system are all reporting based, the system itself and its functionality and consistency with the base CMMS module is great and even the reporting is still great, just small improvements could be made to make it even better.
Cory S.
Aviation & Aerospace, 1001-5000 employees
July 27, 2017

“Powerful software. Can be overwhelming for less tech savvy admins. Customer Support is world class.”

ProsCustomer support is the best that I have ever experienced. Their support team is well trained in maintenance reliability concepts, so they are quick to understand the unique requirements of your company. Better yet, they share this wealth of knowledge through their very helpful "Online eMaint University". They have various training programs & opportunities & very frequently hold local conferences that focus on both concepts & the software "how to's". The software itself is very powerful. The reports module gets my "most improved" award & is complete with graphs & instruments. If you can dream it, you can run a report on it. You have lots of freedom to customize the software in (most of) the right places so long as you can handle the learning curve or have an aptitude for database management but, out of the box, it should suffice for most companies as you can lean on eMaint support for help with customizing & much more. One of the strongest selling points for this software is that they joined forces with & are now owned by Fluke Corporation & are offering a line-up of Fluke tools that integrate with their software to bring condition monitoring, data analysis & reporting to a whole new level. Another favorite feature of mine is the eMaint Community, where you can post your ideas for new or improved software features or vote on other user's ideas. I get the sense that many of eMaint's feature updates are based on ideas on this forum & I'm glad they are listening to their users.
ConseMaint X4 has seemingly been the "beta" of the long awaited eMaint X5 due later this year (2017). The problem is that while X4 has been available & increasingly functional, its been over two years & there has been no official upgrade from X3 to X4 and some modules still exclusively use the old X3 platform that haven't received any upgrades. A specific example is the work order/pm scheduler. X4 is very aesthetically pleasing and functional but navigating from to the scheduler module is a transition comparable to drinking a cool glass of ice water & then choking down a spoonful of sand. As far as functionality of the scheduler, I have tried several times to learn how to use it & each time I walked away wondering why it was ever implemented in the first place. It's difficulty of setup & general usage far outweighs any usefulness it might have. While eMaint has done great with keeping up with updates to most of the modules, they would do well to step it back a bit & get caught up with some key modules that have been neglected for too long. Form design is another key function that could use some attention.
July 27, 2017
Boyd H.
July 20, 2011

OverallCardinal CG, Buford Georgia is one of 28 Cardinal Glass facilities manufacturing residential glass products. Upon my joining the Buford plant, the company had not made a profit in five years. The company lacked organization and was not producing product in an efficient manner. Our facility is unique to the other Cardinal plants, because we have two separate manufacturing processes running as separate cost centers. Because of the structure of the company, each cost center has separate support staff (i.e. maintenance, engineering and management). In October 2008, I joined the Cardinal CG Buford location. As Tempering Maintenance Manager, I was challenged with turning the Tempering production side of the operation around. There was no CMMS system in place and no one was tracking the machine downtime. Safety was out of control; there were three accidents in my department in the first two weeks of my accepting the position. Vibration analysis reports were not being reviewed and costly failures were frequent. The department had a shift log book, but the data was not in a format that could easily be put into a database. The Coating Maintenance department was using MP2 for their data collection. In an effort to get a CMMS up and running quickly, I acquired an additional license and began to enter data. After a week or two, I attempted retrieve some of the data in MP2, but the reporting feature had not been installed. I then contacted the CMMS vendor (Mp2) to inquire about reporting my data in the format needed. After several conversations relating to the reporting within the CMMS, I was told that they could not provide the report that my boss had requested. I offered to purchase the reporting module, but no one attempted to follow up with my request. This is how the search for a new system began. Because my background and interest was in CMMS programs, I began my search on the Internet. I had followed various CMMS over the years, and realized that an investment in a CMMS program could be very costly. As I searched, indicators were leading me toward a cloud-based system. The criteria for the CMMS was (1) support had to be readily available on all shifts and (2)the cost of implementation had to be low. One of my concerns was transferring the data from MP2 to the new database. Time to implement was critical also. I had to drive the downtime down. My selection came down to E-Maint X3 . The product demo offered online provided all of the initial answers to the questions that would come forth during a selection process for a CMMS. Because it is a subscription-based system, the cost to implement is very low. The implementation of EMaint was simple and very fast. I had total control of the implementation process. The transfer of the data files went without a hitch. I cannot begin to express how well the transition went. One of the greatest strengths of E-Maint is the administrator can change any of the field names or report formats. Unlike other programs where there is a fee each time you make a change to the program, E-Maint allows you to format your database to suit your industry. E-Maint is not just another canned product that you take as-is. Of course when you mention a web based program, management initially will push back because they do not want employees to access the Web. I suggested to E-Maint that they setup an email address for work requests to dump into and then pull the data to a work request form. This has proven to be the answer to get around issues with accessing the Internet. E-Maint provides all of the security levels needed to prevent just anyone from accessing your data. Because of the ability to send request via email, all requests dump to my iPhone and I have put an iPhone on the department golf cart for quick response. Because E-Maint is web-based, I could bring my crew into a conference room and review the program on a weekly basis. The training as a group lasted about 2 hours. The program is user-friendly and the subscription to E-Maint University has proven to assist the technicians in the use of the program. Customer support for the product is second to none. In most cases all of my issues are resolved during the phone conversations. The only real problems that I have experienced with E-Maint are those that I caused myself because of the freedom to change the program. It only takes one phone call to straighten the issue out. Customer Support will provide you a direct line to a technician so that you can work with the same person and build the relationship necessary to help build confidence in the use of the CMMS. Since implementation of E-Maint, we have continued to reduce machine downtime. Once the original CMMS database was functional we established a goal of 5% downtime or 95% UPTIME. Since the implementation of E-Maint we have established a goal of 98% UPTIME and have consistently hit 97.7% and at the time of the most current report we are at 99.34%.
July 20, 2011
Brian O.
July 18, 2011

OverallWe began searching for a CMMS about 2 years ago. We explored our present CCMS system supplier, trying to get it to communicate with our ERP system, but were dissatisfied with the results. I once found myself in a hour-long conference call with our I.T. director, our ERP in-house person, myself, and our Maintenance Supervisor, speaking to our ERP Consultant, to go over the email I sent previously with a detailed list of questions. At the end of the meeting, it dawned upon me we had spent $250.00 in direct costs to our ERP consultant and wasted several hours of time for each of the individuals listed above in order to get some questions defined that I had already submitted. This was looking like a long and painful road. I began looking around at other systems from other companies, with the idea of using Excel to import into our ERP. The entire concept of SaaS was new to me, and instantly I saw the benefits as if it were made just for us: low initial cost, no server space to hold the program, ease of use on site and off and limited involvement by our overstressed I.T. department. We won management approval, and the system was turned on August 2010. In the year since, we have completed and documented a staggering number of jobs. Our craftsman and contractors use the system basically to justify the hours they have on their timecards or invoices. When a request is submitted, and approved, it is assigned and from there our craftsman self manage their work. Our past system was a home-grown version of Excel, and while it was a first step, its difficulty made it a roadblock to quantify each and every job performed. The implementation of eMaint was easy and involved getting the assets correct as documentation revolves around the asset numbers. Once we knew what we wanted to see, we customized the reports desired from the list of available reports and we were on our way. Daily reports of previous day's activity enables us to see what my direct reports and contractors accomplished. If I ran into program problems with eMaint, I kept a logbook with issues to discuss with eMaint and we emailed, or called, to resolve. Response has been good, and most of our issues are resolved quickly, and if not we keep discussing until we come to a resolution. We have not needed enough support to generate an invoice as of yet. My maintenance team is computer savvy, but we still needed to go over some items from time to time. Once we got over the hump regarding the task of documenting each job, the craftsman were on board. Then when we showed them the job count, and how many jobs each one was doing each month, the increase in self pride was obvious. Now the craftsman ask for work orders for each job they run across, and instead of viewing it as an roadblock, they understand this is a visible validation of their hard work. In addition, having a system as easy to use, and easy to view past history as eMaint is, allows us to look for past clues on how a problem was solved. Additionally, we have a much better PM system in place, allowing us to do things the same way each time we perform a PM evolution. The past year was exciting, interesting, and revealed a lot about this company's maintenance department. We always though we did a good job, but there is a big difference in our upper management's eyes when we now tell them 'Let me show you' instead of 'I feel'. Now we have documentation showing our strengths and our weaknesses. Using eMaint has brought pride to the department, allowed continuity in job plans and PM performance, and allowed us to work on our areas of concern. These were not goals when I began the search for a CMMS system, but since have eclipsed the system itself and really have made us a more efficient department. We are now exploring how to use eMaint in our engineering department and our tool and die department.
July 18, 2011
Stephen N.
Maintenance Admin Assitant
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 5, 2018

“This product actually works.”

OverallI'm coming from Bigfoot CMMS and my organization made the switch over to eMaint. eMaint made a data transfer template because enough customers were switching away. I think every user we have has gave two thumbs up on that decision. I've only heard a few times during the transition/development process "oh that's hard-wired into the program, we can't change that" You can change almost anything you want. You want a drop-down menu here instead of freeform type field, done! The load times between pages are actually reasonable. To me it's lightning. Rarely see error messages, too!
ProsSPEED! Data Dictionary. Almost fully customizable forms. eMaint University provides training right there for end-users. Development/customer support communicated during the hurricane that hit Florida last year. It actually feels like a finished product, and your organization can work with eMaint to tailor it to your needs. Requestors are available to not have logins, submit requests through a website and receive automated emails on progress.
ConsEvery once in a while you encounter bugs (taxing twice on invoices, random stuff), but I'm willing to look past that because the development team seems competent enough to fix all the problems we have had so far. I'm told eMaint licenses/how we are using licenses costs more than Bigfoot, but I haven't seen the invoices to give particulars.
April 5, 2018
Daniel S.
Director of Campus Facilities and Grounds
Museums and Institutions, 201-500 employees
June 26, 2019

“Milwaukee Art Museum review”

OverallPrior to eMaint we had a spreadsheet based system which was confusing and hard to implement. Not having to maintain the program on our servers and go through expensive upgrades. Being able to access the program from anywhere with a internet connection.
ProsCustomization of screens, excellent tech support, price point, and that it's cloud based
ConsReports are hard and confusing to setup.
Steven C.
Director of Operations
Construction, 51-200 employees

“Positive feedback”

OverallIts too early to have a full ROI on the program, but I will say accountability and priorities have have been identified. I look forward to reflecting back on this after a year or six months of usage.
ProsEmaint did a great job with the setup and implementation. I am now in the stages directly after that stage and am on my own. The help desk is great. Send them a quick message and they reply via chat very quickly and efficiently. I love the dashboards. It allows me a quick glance at the projects and I can make decisions on what is a priority.
ConsI would allow for alerts like numbers showing up under "Work Order Requests". Sometimes i over look it as its a area where I only go if needed. It wold be nice to have a counter showing I have new requests in. Clean up the Work Order print out. I would want to make a better form.
Chemicals, 1001-5000 employees
December 16, 2018

“Great CMMS for the money”

ProsCustomer support is great. Being able to have the user customize and make changes without requiring additional support and costs from the eMaint. Additional minor configuration changes can be made by eMaint without additional costs.
ConsThe applications has the ability to scan barcodes seamlessly ONLY if you are using Android or IOS. eMaint does not currently support a streamlined barcode scanning function of you are using a windows supported tablet or device making barcode scanning very tedious and complicated. Also, for those who spend some time away from a wireless or cellular connection in the field, would like to see an offline mobile version that syncs when it accesses the next connection at no additional cost. Also, would like to see the "Interactive Plans" table listed as a standard and not have to ask for it for every user.
December 16, 2018
Jim S.
Facilities Manager
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

“Church Facility Management”

OverallThis software allowed me to implement an OEI (Operational Efficiency Initiative) for our facility. We have moved from Reactive to Proactive maintenance. We use this to monitor and manage all facility related items including Vehicles. We use this to document the Inspections and Compliance requirements of the State for various pieces of equipment to include boilers, elevators and life safety equipment. Without this software it would not be possible to manage and track history to make decisions concerning repair or replace.
ProsIt is available to us anywhere and anytime we have an internet connection. We do not have to worry about backing up the database, it is handled by eMaint. The ability to create specialty reports on demand.
ConsThe limited ability to display no more than 100 records in "list" mode. Printing reports takes several steps and screens to generate a .pdf report.
Rick G.
Maintenence manager
Machinery, 51-200 employees
December 11, 2018

“Not sure what you are loking for in the title. ”

OverallBooked Labor: This KPI allow me to track my labor charges sorted by WO type. Our goal is 80% Corrective and 20% Reactive booked labor with an 85% labor efficiently. My reactive booked labor normally is directly related asset efficiently and DT. Grouped and sorted by asset tells me what assets need to be focused on Reported Hours: This KPI allows me to track wrench time. One way we use this is to get a base line for the time it takes to perform scheduled tasks so we can have an accurate forecasted scheduled repair time, for future repairs. Down Time/Failure codes: This KPI Failure codes Allows me to identify issues down to the composite level so we can perform a root cause analysis to determine where we have opportunity for improvement.
ProsWhat I like most about the software id how easy it is to add change and design the fields to meet my matrix needs
ConsI can not think of any I do not like about the software
Mark J.
AVP - Equipment & Facility Maintenance
501-1000 employees
November 30, 2017

“A pup you train the way you want”

OverallI have used and implemented several CMMS systems. eMaint is my favorite and I would definitely look to use them again. The eMaint SaaS product is very competitively priced with some value-add learning materials beyond the CMMS in their eMaint University add-on.
ProsOut of the box a lot of configuration is required with a lot of superuser flexibility to do it the way you want. X4 interface is visually pleasing and easy to navigate.
ConsThe current platform is X4 but there is a lot of legacy features from their X3 platform if you want to do more than the most basic of functions. eMaint are already marketing an X5 platform. I only hope they actually finish all of the features. To the above point, there is a few program features not done, or they took a half assed easy approach. PM forecast an example where you can forecast calendar based PMs only, feilds like average daily use exist out of the box so it should be readily possible to forecast hours based PMs. This request exists within their user forum. My company has a very particular way to receive goods and process invoices. eMaint has these as hard coded features not configurable.
November 30, 2017
lewaa c.
Managing Director
Facilities Services, 201-500 employees
August 1, 2017

“Great experience with the software and team, it meets our demands and industry features ”

OverallThe software allowed us to manage all our maintenance activities in one place, it's online accessibility being a web-based software enabled as well our team to access information remotely. Further more with the reporting system in place emaint helped us to optimize our cost through reviweing manhours effectiveness and efficiency and applying corrections where needed. On the other hand, the vailability of SLA's helped to meeting our agreed response time with client.
Proscentralizing all functions under unique work order, an ongoing upgrade that meets new innovation, comprehensive with regards to maintenance activities, the possibility of customization, good reporting features
Conssome basic features were not fully available and had to be customized with some limitation in the system, such as PPM's . Purchase Requisition cycle is poor in means of approval matrix
August 1, 2017
Robert E.
May 1, 2012

OverallI'm the maintenance manager of a small/mid-sized manufacturing facility (60K sq. ft.). I recently led the purchase of eMaint X3's CMMS to improve the efficiency of my department; and would highly recommend it for companies looking for a highly functional and customizable CMMS, at a manageable cost. As a company, we were experiencing one of the most challenging growth-periods a company faces in its growth cycle. That in-between stage, when the company starts to necessitate large company functionality, on a small-company budget. So the need to increase my department's efficiency at minimal cost became a top priority. I began looking at a multitude of options, from on premise software systems to web-based systems. In pursuit of finding the right system, I found the following criteria pertinent to my decision: Functionality- does it do what I need it to do Security- is our information safe Reliability- is the program/company stable (loss of input data is time wasted) Expandability- can the program grow with the company, or information transferable in the future, if a higher-end CMMS is necessary Ease of implementation- teachable, easy to navigate, intuitive, customizable, support, Cost- purchase price, administration costs, implementation costs, server loads, etc. Utilizing Software Advice's services, I was able to narrow down my list of possible solutions. Dramatically reducing the time and energy necessary to find the program that would work best for our company. After demoing the programs on my short-list, I found eMaint X3 offered the most features in my price range, as well as, the most customization options. It was the customization that propelled eMaint X3 beyond the abilities of any other program in its class. This being invaluable, in my opinion, because the interface could be customized to capture all the specific information we wanted, as well as, be modified to speak the language used internally; making it so intuitive to the user, implementation efforts were greatly reduced. It's for these reasons that I would highly recommend eMaint X3 to companies faced with challenges similar to ours.
May 1, 2012
Anoosha D.
ISR
11-50 employees
November 10, 2017

“The leading maintenance & management system. ”

ProsWhen you need a competent Project Management Software product for your business you must make time to examine several solutions. It doesn't have to be tricky, and can be as easy as matching their functions in a table like the one below. You will also get a quick idea how each product works. For example, on this page you can see Maintenance Care's overall score of 8.0 and compare it against eMaint's score of 7.5; or Maintenance Care's user satisfaction level at 99% versus eMaint's 100% satisfaction score. The assessment will help you see the pros and cons of each program, and choose which matches your requirements better. Aside from the main features, the solution which is simple and intuitive is always the better product. Users who want to save some time or want a Maintenance Management (CMMS) Software advice from our team might want to try out these top choices for this year: Bigfoot CMMS, Hippo CMMS, Corrigo. Helping organizations around the globe implement world-class maintenance operations with its cloud-based software solutions. Work Orders and Requests Asset Management Inventory Management Preventive Maintenance Reports and Dashboards Mobile Maintenance Predictive Maintenance Work Scheduling Document Storage
ConsThere are some lingering things form previous versions that can be problematic. But support is there to help fix it fast. It takes awhile to get everything in the system (parts/inventory/assets) but once you do, it is great and easy to use. Requires prior experience working with Maintenance Software Hard to track inventory/parts UI can be difficult to comprehend initially
November 10, 2017
William H.
Lead Technician
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees

“eMaint CMMS”

OverallWe are now tracking inventory, repairs, and maintenance hours.
ProsCustomer support Easy to customize to your company's needs
ConsDon't have anything negative to say. This is a well thought out CMMS.
Tom K.
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

“First Review”

OverallThis was our first maintenance software and we moved from trying to keep up with everything on Excel spreadsheets. I think this is a good product and I recommend it to others with maintenance responsibilities.
ProsI like being able to generate work orders and keep up with maintenance costs. I like being able to track vehicle inspections, registrations, oil changes, etc.
ConsI'm still using X3 because I haven't taken the time to learn the later versions. It seems like it is constantly changing, although I'm sure you are making improvements it is difficult for me to allot the time to keep up with the changes since I have many other job duties.
Allen P.
Maintenance Planner Scheduler
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
May 14, 2018

“We migrated from Faciliworks CMMS to Emaint's CMMS in 2015. Emaint's customer support was the key.”

OverallWe are able to organize all of our data in one place. Including PMs, work orders, calibrations, equipment manuals, floor plans & service requests.
ProsThis software is very user friendly and flexible. We are able to have production personnel create work requests, add pictures if necessary. I have all our machine manuals in the document storage section. We use the software to track equipment PMs and Calibrations. It is really a well rounded software.
ConsBecause this software is continuously updating software versions, we sometimes experience bugs or bug repairs. Emaint is very good about publishing the reports on what has changed with the new version of the software.
May 14, 2018
Adam C.
Business Analyst
January 25, 2016

“Great CMMS System”

OverallI've been working with eMaint for a little over a year and in that time, I have learned a lot about this system. The system itself is fairly easy to learn. It's well organized and navigating through eMaint is pretty simple. It also has many useful features such as creating reports which can even be automatically run and sent to other people. Reports can also be published on the dashboard in the form and charts and graphs that allow you to easily get a snapshot of what is going on with your business (ie number of open work orders, how many work orders you have received over a certain time frame etc). You can also use eMaint to do scheduling, track the status of work orders etc very easily. The customization is another plus. I've been able to customize forms, build reports, and edit fields (or add new ones) to truly customize eMaint and make it something functional for my needs. There are times that I need to call into customer support or reach out to my account manager for help, and when I do, they are very helpful and usually have a quick turnaround time. They have also helped me brainstorm solutions to challenges when I wasn't sure what needed to be done. The eMaint customer service is top-notch and I can honestly say that everyone I have worked with from eMaint has been courteous and helpful. There aren't many cons to this system, but I have worked with a few other CMMS systems and there are some features that eMaint currently lacks that I'd like to see added in the future. Work example, the ability to message other people through the system. You can eMail things like work order through eMaint, but I'd like to see a system where you could actually message others about the work order through the system and be able to read those messages so that way if you need to review a work order, all of the pertinent information is there. This is just one feature that I have seen from other systems that would be greatly beneficial for eMaint.
January 25, 2016
James W. C.
Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
December 14, 2018

“How to fall in love with the bomb, or use CMMS”

OverallEase of use, my old software was outdated and very unfriendly. The web interface is a big plus also.
ProsThe software once up is easy to use, but the real plus is the support. The system(s) in place to help you get on track are top notch. Even a novice with little experience with this type of system would have very little trouble getting up an running in a reasonably short time. The web interface has proven to be an unexpected money saver. Not having to have any special hardware to run the software has allowed us to use end of service life surface pro's, and laptops. I spent 0 dollars out of my maintenance budget on computers for eMaint.
ConsNot as intuitive as one would like, some stuff you just have to know where it is found, or you will have trouble finding
December 14, 2018
Debra E.
Sr. Administrative Assistant
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
March 7, 2018

“Ease of use and a great customer support staff.......”

OverallSo easy to keep our radio and system parts inventory up to date. And the daily use of the service request system makes our jobs that much easier. At any given moment I can create a up to date report for my Director and show him how many service tickets we have done and how many are closed or open. I can give them specifics as to how long it takes for certain jobs and how many technicians we currently need.
ProsIt's all about service for me and eMaint definitely has amazing customer service. In today's world it's hard to find a company that raises the bar regarding customer service. If I call or email them they respond immediately. They make using this software enjoyable. Keep up the good work!!!!
Marc C.
Director of Engineering & Maintenance
July 30, 2017

“3 years of eMaint exposure”

OverallSupport system to the business organization.
ProseMaint customer service has been working with us on a weekly basis since day 1. eMaint help us configure reports and workflow to support the business. The software is used daily by more than 50 users. eMaint has been a key system for our journey to proactive maintenance.
ConsX3 is a better version than X4 for the CB fleet site. X4 speed not meeting customer needs. X4 dashboard functionality does not allow to modify easily. Some of the report in X4 does not update inventory. Moreover, the justification to use X4 was based on the electronic signature which cannot be tailored for specific task.
July 30, 2017
James S.
Maintenance Coordinator
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

“eMaint CMMS Review”

ProsThe best functionality of eMaint is its flexibility and customization. I've been able to tailor it so that is suits our departments activities, responsibilities, and operations. That customization is a major function of the superior customer service at eMaint, starting but certainly not ending with the rep. She is responsive, knowledgeable, and a joy to work with.
ConsWe use the scheduler module each and every week, there could be so much more done with it to enhance its ease of use.
Automotive, 501-1000 employees

“eMaint out of the box”

OverallWe are very excited to roll out a CMMS that is more user friendly than most accounting based systems that lack the features and functionality for capture Maintenance KPI's.
ProseMaint is highly configurable to your Maintenance process workflow. The relationship with Fluke is a win for implementing Fluke device monitoring, aka, PdM.
ConsOut of the box, fundamental operation is not there. There are quirks and features that need to be turned on to operate. This obstacles must trip you up in your rollout in order to be "fixed". Need a team dedicated to driving an out-of-the-box solution so that Users can hit the ground running.
Wayne M.
Consultant
March 6, 2018

“As a past user of other CMMS systems, my experience with eMaint has been the best ever.”

OverallVisibility across the organization of open work orders, requisitions and purchase orders.
ProsIt is intuitive to learn (and teach), interfaces are user friendly and simple. The data input requirements are clear, and the start up support is excellent. Even though we are a small outfit, the eMaint support staff treated us like a valued customer and worked hard to provide the support we needed, and continue to do so.
ConsTraining documentation needs to be improved, and a distinction made between system administrator training, tasks and capabilities vs. normal user training. I found the information available on the "help" and "support" sites to be peripheral in many cases to the specific help I was trying to find. Would also be good if eMaint could provide training manuals for users that could be used by system admins when training their eMaint users. I would even be willing to purchase such manuals if the price were reasonable.
Sharath S.
General Manager - Solution Purchasing
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
June 27, 2019

“eMaint CMMS in Data Center Applications”

OverallFor 4 Plus years, we have been using eMaint CMMS to monitor and trouble shoot L3 Level Data centers in moultiple Industry segments and its extremely useful for our critical facility management in Data Center Space.
ProsThis product is very User friendly and latest features help us in managing critical facility operations very effectively in Data Center Space in IT/ITES, Telecom, Banking, Financial and Health Care segments
ConsActually none. Every feature is important and very useful.
June 27, 2019
Robert M.
Maintenance Supervisor/Planner
Automotive, 10,001+ employees

“Best in Class! ”

OverallWe use eMiant as our "One Stop Shop" for all maintenance work orders, PM's, asset tracking, machine history management, engineering uses our MTTR report to determine what machines need engineering support. We present our data to our Plant manger weekly.
ProsEase of navigation, great search fields, awesome reporting! Its easy to use for those Trades and Crafts who are not computer trained. I have a lot of older Trades people who can manage eMaint with no issues..
ConsWould still like to see X5 out this year. I would like the Dashboard to be as easy as X3 and and would like some of the X3 graphs to show up in X4 dashboard.
Felix W.
Manager, Business Process Management
Facilities Services, 501-1000 employees
October 18, 2016

“Best Web-based CMMS All Around”

OverallFEATURES & FUNCTIONALITY - great feature set from customer request portal to preventative maintenance to very strong report writer to workflow (rules) - unlimited user def fields in both desktop and mobile forms - easy to use form designer - you can get really advanced if you wanted to with configurations or just stay as simple as you need CUSTOMER SUPPORT - awesome customer support - will help you through implementation as much as required without "nickel and diming" - had a few instances where I needed some functionality that was not part of the baseline software, and after some time, the developers had taken those requests and put them into their baseline free of charge (of course, ideas have to make sense for other users as well) - absolutely no reservation recommending eMaint VALUE FOR MONEY - eMaint's rates are published on their website. They're not the cheapest web-based CMMS, but they're heads and shoulders above their competition - Really, really good bang for buck
ProsVery good configurability
ConsUI is sometimes slow, but very minor issue
Recommendations to other buyerseMaint is a very full featured software. You really can't go wrong with it.
Eric S.
Process Improvement Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

“CMMs Utilization”

OverallAll in all I find eMaint to be a very useful tool to track multiple business processes.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is it's similarity to a virtual classroom. This particular format allows me to navigate through the screens quickly and efficiently.
ConsSome of the hidden features have to be accessed on prior platforms which is a little time consuming if one is not sure where certain items are located.
John A.
Maintenance Planner
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees
July 2, 2019

“Maintenance Planning and Budget”

ProsI like the PM Scheduler and the Work Order System design. I can pretty much schedule a whole year of maintenance in advance to budget our year in maintenance. The work order system is real friendly to use and after a little training, I think everybody can use it.
ConsI'm sure its possible, but i would still like for it to integrate with our purchase system that our company already has. It would make inventory count a lot more accurate rather than have to receive everything in two systems.
Astrid J. D.
Planning Specialist
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
December 17, 2018

“I love this program ”

OverallMy overall experience has been good and every time we ask for a new feature for the program, we feel that e Maint personnel considered our solicitude and are included in the updates.
ProsWhat I like the most about this software is that it is so configurable that in the implementation you end up having a custom made program that fits just right for your organization.
ConsWhat I like least about this software is the mobile application. I'm looking forward to the new updates to see if the mobile application improved.
December 17, 2018
Eric S.
Process Improvement Engineer
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
March 12, 2018

“The software is highly efficient but, the customer service is bar none.”

OverallOrganization and tracking of assets and employees. In addition inventory, and the ability to conduct a rudimentary FMEA.
ProsI like that is is not at all dissimilar to an online classroom. The software and I'm assuming server is rather fast and easy to navigate one you know where required tools are located.
ConsIt's a work in progress and at times can be cumbersome. You sometimes need to go back to X3 to accomplish administrative tasks in X4. It is not unlike the old windows OS which required you at times to delve into DOS.
March 12, 2018
Amanda H.
201-500 employees
October 18, 2016

“Incredibly Flexible CMMS Provider!”

OverallWe have implemented eMaint for fleet maintenance and then expanded the setup to include some compliance and purchasing options. While the base design is geared towards building and facility maintenance, it was very flexible, so adapting forms, adding tables, and building new data relationships was very quick. We also utilize some of their automation functions, such as workflows, triggered emails, and API calls to access/update data. The customer service team is absolutely awesome - whether by phone or by chat, they are very knowledgeable and nearly always able to correct the issue within minutes. Any escalation comes with constant communication and indepth calls to make sure the problem is fixed the first time. We really could not be happier with this solution!
ProsFlexible solution, Great Customer Service, SaaS solution (web-based)
ConsLimited Mobile Functionality - the newer interface is great for desktop or large tablet setups, but it does not render well on smaller or older tablet devices. The mobile-only interface lacks full site features that we rely on. Not a deal-breaker, but needs improvement.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure a member of your inhouse deployment team understand data integrity and can help the team plan for long-term data goals. The use of the system is likely to change over the first year and short-term fixes that change what data is collected or how it is collected can create unnecessary challenges later on.
Neil d.
Machine Shop/Maintenance Manager
Machinery, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2017

“Machine Shop and Machine Maintenance Manager”

ProsI can accurately track any work performed on our equipment. I can notify the Department Supervisor when a work order is completed via email. That I can customize forms to show or information that relevant.
ConsWhen I receive a work request email from from a department supervisor I would like to see the asset # included. We sending an e-mail to a supervisor notifying them of a completed work order I would like to see the asset # in the subject line and to be notified when they read the email.
July 31, 2017
Michael M.
Reliability and Facility Manager
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees
July 28, 2017

“Very rewarding, after all the work in evaluating different CMMS's, selecting eMaint was the best.”

OverallReliability of the software is my biggest benefit.
ProsI love the ability to configure the system to meet our needs, not only on the maintenance side of our business but on the Quality/Regulatory side. 21 CFR compliant was critical in the selection of eMaint.
ConsImprovements with the Mobile user. Our organization utilizes the mobile features which is good however there has not been much development on the mobile side. I would pay more for the subscription if needed, just improve this module.
July 28, 2017
Bryan R.
Equipment Maintenance Engineer
Semiconductors, 5001-10,000 employees
July 5, 2019

“Semiconductor Industry Review for eMaint”

OverallThe eMaint CMMS has given us a great solution for tracking maintenance requests and work orders, and given us the ability to calculate equipment availability. Having a central system for history and prioritization of work has made us more efficient.
ProsDual Ownership / Development Customization of Workflows for Assets and Work Orders
ConsImporting Data is "clunky" because columns do not always match. There is no inherent mechanism for SPC Charts. The universal requester account is limited from the standpoint of an operator in the semiconductor / clean room fabrication industry, such as not having access to the Dashboards at every lab computer.
July 5, 2019
CHRISTINA J.
FACILITIES CLERK
Automotive, 201-500 employees

“EMAINT REVIEW”

OverallThe benefits are that it is easier to look up the maintenance on the machinery. Able to track and graph the work a little better.
ProsIt seemed a lot easier than the last software we had. Also like the reports and that they can be graphed easily.
ConsI believe the thing I like the least is the amount of characters for part numbers and asset numbers. some manufacturers have very long part numbers and many are very similar. That makes it a little difficult to put into EMAINT.
Ken T.
Maintenance Planner
Automotive, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“eMaint has proved to do everything I have ask to this point”

ProsThat it is web based and can be accessed from any where. Also like that most everything I have ask of eMaint representative they have been able to accommodate.
ConsOften you have to click on menu several times to get the list to show. For example if you leave PM and go to asset. You end up clicking on Asset menu. If one had been selected you close it then blank screen appears. You then have to click on Asset again to get the list.
March 13, 2018
Natalie C.
purchasing
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
October 20, 2016

“eMaintenance has helped our facility, but can use some improvements.”

OverallWe have moved all of our functions from separate spread sheets and databases to using eMaint X3 for a majority of our processes. This includes inventory, purchasing and maintenance. However, when we attempted to use the requisition system, there were quite a few road blocks. So many in fact we decided to go in a different direction. The system as a whole is great, but can be cumbersome for what should be simple operations. We are going into our 4th year of using eMaintenance, and hope that as new changes are made to the system, we can use all of the tools the system has to offer to help our productivity.
ProsAvailability of reports is helpful. The dashboard is great for monitoring a wide variety of functions. Can use the system for a variety of different functions across multiple departments.
ConsNo wizard for creating simple reports. The requisition and stock order functions could use some work.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are using multiple different systems, as our company was, to handle functions; inventory, requisitions and reporting, eMaintenance can be a very powerful tool. It does require some patience and can handle some tweaking to accommodate your specific needs, as there can be a lot of steps for simple functions. eMaintenance has helped our company streamline a few different processes to save time and increase our tracking capability.
October 20, 2016
Kristijan A.
Continuous Improvement Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5001-10,000 employees

“eMaint CMMS - Review”

OveralleMaint created effort less PM maintenance and made it paperless. All activities monitored and flagged no missed inspections and 100% audit compliance. Working on condition monitoring with Fluke vibration sensors that are excellent addition to our CMMS. Workload is captured/measured and adds value to our technicians performance and enables them to further develop and realise were we are falling behind. Senior Managers are impressed to have data presented to them and available when needed.
ProsEase of use, simple data importing strategy using excel, navigation, dashboards
ConsYou need to double-click on side tabs bar (ex. Dashboard, Assets) to select the items it's really annoying should be one click and to display my data list. It's good to have right click option on column to add new field (asset info, description or etc.) and drag columns to put them in preferred order instead arranging them in the window menu.
Josh G.
maintenance supervisor
Semiconductors, 11-50 employees

“Helpful”

OverallWe enjoy emaint because it gets us more organized and automatically creates work orders for PM's and other scheduled activities.
ProsI like the interface because it looks organized and is always responding quickly.
ConsI don't like that when you click on the tabs on the left you have to close out the screen you were in to get into a different one. for example if I'm on an asset and I want to go into a different asset I have to close out the one I'm in.
Paul K.
ERP Support Manager
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 1001-5000 employees

“Emaint”

OverallWe currently manage our manufacturing equipment and use Emaint to schedule preventative maintenance tasks and to log repairs to equipment. Overall it is a good system to use and maintain.
ProsQuite easy to customize without the need for consultants
Consnavigation is not always the best and to enter multiple items is not always easy. Initial setup took some time but this was mainly due to the manual inputting.
Brad D.
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2016

“eMaint, a super CMMS”

OverallWe needed a CMMS strong enough and flexible enough to handle rotating equipment, commercial buildings, and a large truck fleet. eMaint does all that, and more.
ProsVery scalable, very configurable, great customer support.
ConsVery limited reporting functionality -- some examples: limited formatting options; limited titles (can't insert dates, etc); no page headers, footers.
Recommendations to other buyersTake advantage of eMaint training and technical support. Training and support teams are very knowledgable, accessible, friendly, and efficient.
October 19, 2016
Jon K.
Maintenance Manager
Plastics, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2019

“NEW TO CMMS”

OverallThe overall system is comprehensive and user friendly. Once you understand the basics of how all of the subsystems (i.e. work orders, assets, inventory, scheduled activity, tasks, etc.) inter-relate and work together, navigating the system becomes second nature.
ProsThe entire process from demonstration to implementation has been phenomenal. Every person I have interacted with along the way have been friendly, courteous and knowledgeable with the Fluke eMaint system! The on sight kick off was definitely worth the cost!
ConsThe only thing that i feel could use a little tweaking is the mobel version of eMaint. I feel like it could be a little more user friendly (note: I primarily use the full desktop version).
April 17, 2019
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
December 19, 2018

“eMaint CMMS review”

OverallWe have started with the basic work control system for our facilities division and are looking to expand to include inventory, fiscal, construction and project management and real estate.
ProsThe system is user friendly, customer service is great to work with when changes are made, updating info, etc., the software can encompass all our needs and expand as we grow to incorporate future needs.
ConsThere were a few glitches with customer service needs as we were switching over from a previous system. These were pointed out and have been corrected.
December 19, 2018
Hannah G.
Facilities Services, 501-1000 employees
December 18, 2018

“cmms opinion”

OverallI have enjoyed using eMaint and have been benefitted greatly from a CSM who is super helpful which can make a break a user's experience.
ProsI like how everything is interconnected and if you can't find information through one avenue then there is always another way.
ConsThere seemed to be a lot of bugs in the system whereas I did not recall as many while solely utilizing x3.
December 18, 2018
William O.
Lead Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
Government Administration, 10,001+ employees
July 25, 2018

“A good basic system.”

OverallTracking of outstanding work orders, by trade and / or individual. Short term scheduling for routine PMs.
ProsAble to keep tracks of labor hours for cost analysis. Able to schedule work orders effectively, for all workers, by trades.
ConsSupply tracking and stock inventory algorithm needs improvement. Cannot research history to reference prior repairs or replacements.
July 25, 2018
Debra H.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1001-5000 employees
March 7, 2018

“We have been using eMaint for several years now and it works perfectly for what we need.”

OverallEase of use, user configurability, and customized report generation
ProsThere are many things that we like about eMaint. Although, I would have to say that user configurability and the ease of use are the two things that we like most about the software.
ConsIt is hard to come up with anything bad to say about eMaint. Nonetheless, from a personal perspective, I would like to be able to do more things under the hood like database management and JavaScript implementation instead of having to rely on support to do this for me.
Craig L.
maintenance planner
Automotive, 501-1000 employees
October 18, 2016

“Cmms success at Dana Fort Wayne”

OverallWe here at Dana Inc. in Fort Wayne Indiana have been using emaint for just over 2 years. We use it for writing work orders issuing PMs and data mining. We have data proving that your program has saved us money. By implementing a good PM program it has reduced our corrective work orders by a significant amount allowing for more uptime and more productivity. We love the program and encourage other plants in our organization to switch to emaint.
Prosease of use, customer help