Mozenda Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.4/5

About Mozenda

#1 Web Scraping Software and Service. Trusted by 1/3 of the Fortune 500 & five star rated customer support. Mozenda Provides: 1) Cloud-hosted software 2) On-premise software 3) Data Services Over 15 years of experience, Mozenda enables you to automate web data extraction from any website. Learn more about Mozenda

Jon P.
Systems Engineer
Automotive, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2018

“Mozenda efficiently scrapes and collects data on the web”

OverallWe have used Mozenda to pull in data about potential customers as well as get data on what competitors are doing. Mozenda makes almost any kind of web scraping project simple to do.
ProsI liked how fast it was to get setup and scraping data from sites. I could begin a new project, set the parameters, and it would be done collecting data within a few hours. The data was almost always scraped in the proper format without anything missing. It is easy to use and is only limited to what account plan you are on.
ConsSometimes it was difficult to get the software to fully understand what I was looking for it to accomplish and would pull in more information than I was looking for. This is probably more user error on not being able to specify properly. I would sometimes only want a specific part of a data field, but would end up getting more than I needed.

By Mozenda on December 13, 2018
Thank you Jon for your stellar review. We work hard to make sure you are able to collect the web data you need in the most efficient way. Reading through your review I noticed your need for pulling specific data and not more than what you need into a data field. This can be accomplished easily through the feature named "Refine Captured Text." Right click on any line item and click there to highlight or modify Capture Definitions to get the data you need in the most organized way. If you have more questions please contact our customer support staff at support@mozenda.com or +1-801-995-4550. We can share our computer screen with you to show you how to do this step by step. Our support calls are complementary to all accounts, including free trial ones. Please also reply to my email. I'm interested in knowing if you would be willing to let us write a use case on the success you've found by using Mozenda for web data. Mike Alvarez Mozenda Marketing Director 801-995-4550
December 12, 2018
Pete P.
Customer Success Manager
May 4, 2018

“High-end web scraping tool great for complex scraping”

OverallComplex web scrapes captured needed data unavailable by 3rd parties without spending beyond our budget. Great marketing tool to develop address, phone, and/or email lists. Their support is awesome but you will use them a lot to get things done.
ProsThis tool allowed us to capture data from difficult website areas. It's high-end capabilities and features made obtaining required data possible. Customer support very responsive and knowledgeable.
ConsHard to use and understand programming terms needed to develop proper scrapes. It is easy to do a basic scrape but once data got complex, support always had to be called in.

By Mozenda on May 7, 2018
Hi Pete, Thank you for being a great customer. And, thank you for your review and the five-star ratings for customer support and functionality. There are 1.8 Billion websites online today and we work hard to make sure that Mozenda can scrape and extract data from the simple to the most complex. For the majority of the websites online, website data can be extracted utilizing our simple point and click interface. We also agree with you that some websites are so complicated that sometimes it requires a phone call to our friendly staff for help setting up the Web Scraping Agents. This is why we offer free phone and email customer support. We also prefer sharing our computer screens in real time so that the communication is seamless. Have an excellent day!
May 4, 2018
Jim M.
Principal
April 20, 2016

“Enterprise class screen scraping for data-driven business”

OverallI've been using Mozenda for just under a year and couldn't recommend it more highly. After doing a fairly detailed review (and testing) of alternative screen scraping products I landed with Mozenda because of it ease of use, enterprise class performance, and growing feature set. I currently run numerous agents (scrapers) daily against several different websites. I have each scraper on its own scraping schedule and each day, like clockwork, the scraper starts, performs the scraping task and then upon completion publishes my data to an Amazon web service bucket. Once the data is published to the bucket I am notified of the successful completion via email. During the course of the year, I have experienced error-free processing. There are several other publishing options in addition to Amazon, including FTP, email, as well as storage in the Mozenda cloud. One feature that distinguishes Mozenda from its competitors is it customer support. I have participated in numerous goto-meeting sessions with Mozenda's support team working on a complex scraping agent or improving the processing efficiency of an existing agent. The support team is knowledgeable, willing to take the time to teach you and even available on Saturdays. Mozenda can also scrape PDF files which is also something some of its competitors can't do. I've been very happy with Mozenda and would recommend you give it a try.
April 20, 2016
Jon P.
Partner
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
November 8, 2016

“Does what it should, reliably and smoothly”

OverallAs is always the way these days, I'm measuring my satisfaction in terms of what has (or in this case hasn't) gone wrong. It took a little bit of learning and tweaking to get things running but, starting as an absolute novice, I've now got Mozenda capturing my data, uploading to AWS, running daily and without issue. It's reliable, I'm perfectly happy my data will appear every day and there are sufficient sysetms in place that I even get an alert email on the odd occasion the crawls do not run (often an issue at my end, rather than theirs).
ProsPowerful, functions, customisable, automatable.
ConsOne experience of a bug using up all my credits, but that's by far an outlier.
Luca L.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees

“Best ever! ”

OverallStarted using the system about a year ago. The ease of building agents and the intuitive approach of the software is remarkable. What amazes me is the customer service. I have owned my company for 16 years and never did i have the experience as i had with Mozenda. Not only there is always someone to help, but everyone is extremely friendly and truly wants to help. All the steps to resolve whatever issue were explained and resolved within the hour. Wish Microsoft would learn customer service etiquette from Mozenda.
ProsEase of use and the ability to have the help desk resolve all issues- quickly
ConsYou can only run two agents at once, not the end of the world, but it would be nice to be able to run more.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work!
Janne P.
Marketing manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2016

“Setting up a new ecommerce site with product informaiton”

OverallWe set up a new ecommerce site and we found that our suppliers were not well equipped to deliver us good quality product information. However, the information was readily availability on their website. I searched for many data scraping software but found out that only Mozenda was capable to deliver even the most complex product information extractions (I tested about three other similar software). In just few days I managed to extract product information from thousands of products with very little effort. I then refined the extracted data in Excel to get unique product information. For basic data capturing (such as tables, simple text, links and pictures) you can learn to use the platform in about hour or two. However, if you don't have experience in XML or HTML, more advanced functions like using Xpath may take some more time to get hang out of. Only minus side was that the tutorial page was outdated and I could not get holistic view of the product support. Also, you have to install a dedicated agent software to your PC. The software was sometimes a bit laggy and crashed few times. These issues were minor ones compared to the functionality and utility of the whole service. If you need to scrape large data sets, I would definitely urge you to try Mozenda before deciding anything else.
ProsIt's functionality and utility. I could execute almost anything I could imagine needing from a data scraping software
ConsSupport site was not consistent. The support launched from the agent was different from the website. There also seems to be random videos on Youtube. This needs be improved. Also, the agent crashed every now and then. Finally, it was very difficult to cancel the subscription. There was only a cancel account link, which I was not certain of.
201-500 employees
January 24, 2018

“Mozenda is my Secret Weapon”

OverallAllows me to create automated processes, connected systems and data integrations with online sources and tools.
ProsAllows you to capture, update and automate anything on the internet. Allows for API-Like behavior between systems with no API.
ConsNot enough testing / logical functionality. Requires Windows PC to run, and has RAM / Stability issues when dealing with extra large websites.
January 24, 2018
Winston K.
Director of Marketing
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

“Fast and easy”

OverallUsing Mozenda to scrape a few sites for the data we needed was MUCH faster than custom building any solution. The user interface is intuitive, pricing very reasonable, and support was outstanding. Have used Mozenda for many years and will continue to use it.
ProsEasy UI to click on elements to capture etc.
ConsThere were a few things that weren't quite as obvious or intuitive as I had thought, but were still possible after talking to support. For example, if a site doesn't have an easy pagination portion and I want to just manually provide a list of links etc. Was able to get it done with the help of support.
Recommendations to other buyersI hate that if I cancel my account then any existing page credits I have disappear. Really frustrating. Also this survey only has Daily, Weekly, or Monthly as an option below for how frequently it's used. I definitely don't use it monthly, hence the frustration with having to have a monthly "subscription" to use it. Everyone is going subscription based and its crazy annoying. When I first used mozenda I could just pay for the credits I needed. Because of this, we'll be using up our existing credits on a project then closing our account and writing everything in-house.
Jeff S.
VP Product
Internet, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2016

“Great tool - provides a quick way to get things done”

OverallWhen I need a quick way to grab structured web data, Mozenda will be my first choice. It took time to learn the tool, but when you master it - there are lot's of powerful features
ProsPowerful features and a lot of use cases can be addressed by the platform: * Powerful scrapping configurations * Scheduling * Webservices API * Collections unification into a master one * Many different websites supported
Cons* Flash sites are not supported * Desktop Agent Builder is slow, sometimes gets stuck * Many XPath capabilities are not supported * Difficult to "debug" to understand why things are not working as expected
Deb J.
February 2, 2016

“I love this product. It allows someone without experience to efficiently gather data from website. ”

OverallPros: Works like a charm. Scrapes data reliably. Scheduler works well and you can set the results to come to you automatically in an email. Support people are friendly and willing to work with a novice--I've learned a lot. The data downloads beautifully into a spreadsheet. Works better than any other data gathering program I have tried. We are a small non-profit and feel the cost is very well justified. Mozenda saves us many hours a month. Cons: As a non-tech person it can be a bit difficult to parse out all the terms in the documentation and support. I often feel like I need a translator. Help is scattered on the website, hard to locate and does not always break things down far enough. For large jobs the testing mode will only test a fraction of the job so you may miss some data because you couldn't adjust your definitions.
February 2, 2016
Justin M.
November 29, 2015

“Mozenda is a must for businesses”

OverallMozenda is an essential service to any company that makes data driven decisions. As many valuable sources of data are presented solely via website, the organized collection of such can be gold. To put it simply, if you've ever found a website where you wished that you could copy/paste hundreds of records from. Then Mozenda is your solution. The beautiful aspect of their software is that you don't need any programming skills nor do you need to hire someone who does. Mozenda isn't cheap but when you factor in the fact that its learning curve is small, you can do it all yourself, and if you need any help their tech department is just a phone call away. You come out ahead with Mozenda. I've personally been using it for 7 years now in my real estate business.
November 29, 2015
lars f.

“Not happy!”

OverallI did not get any useful feedback on my questions to the service unit and if I received an answer it was of little use and late. And I could not do my scrapping in the end! Poor service! Now I have hired a computer science student to help me!

By Mozenda on November 2, 2017
Dear Lars, We are sorry you had such an experience with Mozenda. We understand that there are some websites that are harder to scrape than others. For this reason we have done something unmatched in our industry. We work with you to create your web scraping agents. We will give you free phone and email support to walk you through the set up. If you would like to give us another try please sign up for our free trial and then call +1-801-995-4550 or email support@mozenda.com us for help. We'll set up a time to screen share your desktop and show you how to complete your project in the most efficient way. We also now have a Professional Services department that you can reach out to and request a no-obligation quote for the data you require. This option allows you to utilize our staff to collect the data you need, without you having to manage additional personnel or deal with difficult websites. You can go here for more info Mozenda.com/services. Best regards, Mike Alvarez, Mktg Dir
Sam G.
Fund-Raising, Self-employed
January 26, 2017

“Steep learning curve...”

OverallLearning how to use this product can be trying...and at times overwhelming. However, the people at Mozenda are there to walk you through the experience when needed. If you're looking for a low-cost solution for your data mining needs, then look no further!
Prosthe value you get for the price.
ConsSteep learning curve.
Recommendations to other buyersMake the product easier to use.

By Mozenda on November 2, 2017
Dear Sam, I am sorry you had such an experience with Mozenda. Though we do have a low introductory price, our solution is a powerful enterprise solution that serves over 30% of global Fortune 500 companies. We understand that there are some websites that are harder to scrape than others. For this reason we have done something unmatched in our industry. We work with you over the phone to create your web scraping agents. We'll set up a time to screen share your desktop and show you how to complete your project in the most efficient way. This is free. We also now have a Professional Services department that you can reach out to and request a no-obligation quote for the data you require. This option allows you to utilize our staff to collect the data you need, without you having to manage additional personnel or deal with difficult websites. You can go here for more info Mozenda.com/services. I hope you will give us another try in the future. Best regards, Mike Alvarez, Mktg Dir
January 26, 2017
steve l.
sales
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2016

“Pretty good software”

OverallI've used Mozenda twice now for two different projects. I'm semi-technical and I found it pretty easy to use once I got started. If you've never used something like this then you'll need to invest a 1-3 hrs in learning it properly but once you do you will be flying. I plan to use them again.
Proseasy
Conssometimes it can be hard to setup a scrape
Recommendations to other buyersnope.
December 5, 2016
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
March 20, 2018

“Knows no boundaries”

ProsPerfect to use for scraping/integrating with multiple data sources online. This tool really knows no boundaries - it scrapes almost anything you can imagine
ConsWe haven't seen any obvious shortcomings - UI is intuitive, support is solid and tool is stable. There are plenty of competition though so they will need to keep up.
March 20, 2018
Fraser T.
December 9, 2016

“Easy to use tool and amazing customer support!”

OverallMozenda is very simple to use - no experience scrapping websites is needed - but can do a lot. And if you get lost, their customer support will walk through anything! Really amazed by the lengths their support people will go to help solve my problems. Never experienced better customer support. Thanks!
ProsEasy to use
ConsA little pricey
Recommendations to other buyersCall their customer support if you get stuck; they are amazing!
December 9, 2016
Joe F.
Senior Developer
January 16, 2014

“LongTime user loves this product”

OverallI have been a user of Mozenda for many years. I initially used the product for scraping competitor prices for a scrapbooking products company I worked for. I have since used Mozenda for many other uses, including personal quickie projects, as well as work projects. A few years ago there were some bumps after a release, but they got those wrinkles ironed out and the product is better than ever. No need to even try any other product.
January 16, 2014
Geoffrey L.
Nomad
Market Research, 11-50 employees
October 11, 2018

“Ease of use”

ProsI had a problem where I was manually checking changes to a saved search through Linkedin sales navigator. Through the use of this product and another, I was able to automate that process and save time and clicks to obtain the same information in a google sheet.
ConsIt's point and click, so if you don't enjoy that, it could be tedious. Although, the amount of time saved did make it worth it.
October 11, 2018
Jason G.
Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
March 15, 2018

“The tool is fine for hobby projects but falls short for large-scale applications of data”

ProsThe tool is pretty easy to get started with and no technical knowledge is required to scrape some data with it.
ConsNot at all recommended for serious business requirements since the crawler breaks every now and then and gives unreliable data. Better to go with a fully managed web scraping service.
March 15, 2018
Michael M.
November 30, 2016

“Finally a robust web scraper that's easy to use”

OverallMozenda works like a charm and a pleasure to use. It doesn't have the steep learning curve of other web scrapers. Tutorials and knowledge base are excellent. UI and functionality are top notch. Support is responsive if you have a question or issue. This one is a keeper.
Jon T.
Consultant
January 21, 2010

“Mozenda is it. I have tried the others and they don't compare”

OverallThere is nothing like Mozenda. I am a huge fan. I was burned by a competitor of theirs and I am so glad I found Mozenda.
ProsGreat Support - if you need it they are there The user interface - Easy to use and learn Tutorials to help learn the product Price - 1/100 of many others I looked at.
ConsNo support at night or weekends.
January 21, 2010
Lauren R.
Marketing & Sales Support Assistant
Chemicals, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 21, 2019

“Web Scraper ”

ProsMozenda is the best web scraper out there! It's easy to use and allows you to extract top-notch data for reaching prospects via mail, email campaigns, or cold calling! Through using their software, we were able to collect the data we need to reach top decision makers in record time. Thank you so much Mozenda for your help! We couldn't have made this mailing a success without you guys!
ConsNothing I can think of. Mozenda is a great web scraper tool!
January 21, 2019
Valentina C.
Gerente de mercadeo
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
March 26, 2019

“Data Capture”

OverallExcellent experience, at work and organizational level helped to divide the needs of the company and verify the data
Prosthe collection and capture of data of all kinds, allows us to create a comprehensive database that will help the correct functioning of our information
ConsI think that everything that this software offers is complete and you do not need to add anything else
March 26, 2019
Mark O.
November 30, 2016

“You guys have always been awesome!”

OverallThank you guys for always helping out with any projects i may have. I always called with difficult scrapes cause of the websites.
Justin A.

“Great product ”

OverallMozenda makes my life so much more efficient and organized. It is easy to use and powerful at the same time
Tobias K.
Co-Founder
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2019

“It works, but it's expensive and you can definitely find a better value elsewhere”

ProsIt's extremely easy to use, setup was simple and fun to figure out. It just works
ConsHigh price, way more than other providers. Not really any negotiation on their end
August 20, 2019
Patrick T.
Principal
Self-employed

“Amazing tool”

OverallMy experience has been great with the product and the team at Modenza. It has enabled me to ingest a large number of data point and focus my time on statistical analysis vs. data collection.
ProsEasy to use
ConsNo to date other than cost. I used it monthly or so $100 is a bit costly but it saves me some serious legwork which makes it worth it.
Recommendations to other buyersThere is some information I was not able to capture because of the