WishList Member Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
3.9/5
4.2/5

About WishList Member

A powerful solution for creating an online membership site using WordPress as the core content management system. Learn more about WishList Member

David W.
February 28, 2017

“The Best Membership Software EVER - Especially for Infusionsoft”

OverallWishList Member is the best membership software I have ever used. As a Membership Site Specialist, I've created hundreds of member sites for both myself and my clients over the years. I've used them all... None of them compare to WishList for a simple piece of software that you can install easily and set up quickly. I've integrated WishList with everything there is - quickly and easily - and now with their direct integration with Infusionsoft with WishList Member For Infusionsoft (WLMIS), it just gets better. I can now add people to membership levels based on their actions on the site, or even for clicking on a link in an email. I can track where they go through the members area, and trigger actions like sending them emails based on what they've done. This is phenomenal as I can send them emails based on sales pages for products they've looked at, and not purchased - all within the software itself. And if a customer's card fails for a Subscription Payment..? WLMIS allows the customer to add a new credit card within the site itself. No more fussing about getting them to enter a new credit card through Infusionsoft which ends up confusing the customer. I can also give bonus access to other memberships I or my clients have - all seamlessly within the one platform. No more unsecure links or manual adds to memberships any more. WishList have created one of the best membership platforms today. I can't recommend it highly enough. It is by far the easiest membership software to use software on the market today, and it's no wonder it's been #1 for so many years.
ProsEase of use, lightweight and works with WP and other WP plugins no problem. If there's ever an issue, which is rare, support are very quick to get it fixed asap. It's the one piece of software I know I can give a client and they'll be able to use easily, no matter their technical skill level.
ConsCould do with integrating directly with some platforms, but there are inexpensive third party plugins that will do that for you.
Recommendations to other buyersBuy it. There's no thinking about it. If you want a platform that's going to outlast all the other platforms, this is it.
Kenny H.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
March 2, 2017

“Outstanding membership site software”

OverallI have tried several membership site software products in the past, and then I found Wishlist Member. Since I am a long time WordPress user, I am very comfortable with using Wishlist because it integrates so well with WordPress. I can post content on my WordPress membership site, and then control if the content is protected for members only, if it is viewable for non-members, or if it is just for people with a certain level of membership (i.e. gold members vs. silver members). Wishlist has many features which will help a membership site owner customize the member's experience. For example, I can set what a person sees right after signing up, which can be different from where they go when they log in later on. I can automate the release of content, and a whole lot more. The core software provides the the core functionality and enough to run a successful membership site. There are also plugins which help you to customize your site even further. Wishlist does integrate with other systems (ie. CRM systems, payment systems). The integration is quite good, but not flawless. I have never found software that is perfect for what I want it to do for integration with a CRM, and this is the same for Wishlist. That said, the integration is quite good, and with some minor adapting, I have been able to make wishlist do what I want it to do to run my membership site. Customer support has been very helpful and responsive, and they update regularly - often incorporating customer's concerns/questions into the next update. Overall, excellent and easy to use membership site software.
ProsEasy to use, customizable, built on WordPress
ConsNot perfect integration with my CRM, but it is workable.
Recommendations to other buyersThere is a learning curve, but it is not steep. If you are familiar with WordPress, you can use this software very quickly. Their video tutorials are quick and to the point, and you'll be able to get going quickly.
March 2, 2017
Jorden B.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
March 16, 2018

“I have had a good experience with Wishlist Member. It has done everything I needed it to do!”

OverallWishlist member allowed me to build my membership site, collect payments, manage my customers and deliver content the way it should be. I could create drip campaigns, offer trial periods and even free courses. One of the best things is I am able to give a preview of paid content to entice people to join my membership site!
ProsWishlist Member helped me build a recurring revenue with my membership site. I was able to track customers and integrate with Paypal to get people signed up and placed in my membership site. I was also able to drip content out to customers based on where they were at in my membership! Which is great to have so I don't overwhelm people with content. It can also handle free, trial and paid memberships. So it gives me versatility. It has unlimited membership levels which is awesome since some software limits you. One of the best features is I can lock content to non members but it still shows a preview to entice them to sign up! Overall this is a great piece of software!
ConsWishlist Member can be confusing to get started and there is a steep learning curve to it. You are unable to view or edit the plugin code, so making custom alterations is not an option. One of the biggest drawbacks is the pricing for a single year of support and updates. They have multi site licenses for a single year of support and updates. I think there are better products for a cheaper price. More than likely you will need to buy yearly to keep it up to date, which can really add up.

By WishList Products on March 21, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. Just a note that the code in WishList Member is able to be viewed by developers. Earlier versions of WishList Member did have code that was obfuscated. We changed this approximately 5 years ago.
March 16, 2018
Anita B.
Chief Marketing Officer
Education Management, 51-200 employees
March 4, 2017

“Wishlist Member is More than a Membership Site, it is a Community for Online Business Entrepreneurs”

OverallWishlist Member has provided us with the flexibility we needed to offer wider choices than any other membership software out there. If you are using Wordpress then this is the go to Membership Software. The software is easy to use, well documented and lots of help if you're not exactly sure which way to go. The Help Desk is Awesome and although I haven't had to use it much, when I did they were fast and very helpful. I love the way our Dashboard looks and how easy the backend is to operate. I would not hesitate to recommend Wishlist Member to my Bestfriend! If you ever get a chance to attend a Wishlist conference - Go! The community is Awesome and they have always over-delivered. Very, Very Happy with Wishlist Member.
ProsEase of use Powerful and can be customized Lots of options They are open to new ideas
ConsWhen WordPress updates, all apps need to be updated including Wishlist Member. This is not a con of Wishlist Member but a challenge to anyone using WordPress.
Recommendations to other buyersDo not be afraid of the software. Also be sure to join Wishlist Insiders to get the most from the community of entrepreneurs.
March 4, 2017
Don O.
February 22, 2017

“Picked WishList after a long search ...”

OverallI needed a membreship site / pay wall for my online courses and info products. I knew I wanted both a "best in class" and the best value for the dollar. I also didn't want to make recurring payments, or trust my content on someone else's server. After a thorough review of all the major membership site plugins for WordPress, WishList Member was the stand out winner. Since I first implemented it, the developers have amazed me with their ongoing feature improvements. It's a rock solid product and team. I keep looking for the "fresh new thing," but haven't found anything that has enticed me to switch -- since 2011.
ProsFeature rich. Intelligently designed. Rock solid capability. This thing just doesn't break.
ConsTech support can be slow -- a slog to start (2 to 3 emails back & forth before anything starts), and slow to obtain resolution (first level people can't solve most problems and engineers are bottlenecked).
Recommendations to other buyersWould love an advanced feature that turns WL "off" on a per page / post basis, to speed up the site.
Theresa W.
Chief Creative Officer
March 20, 2019

“Powerful, but complex membership management”

OverallI've used this on multiple client sites and my own sites. It's a great solution for complex Wordpress membership sites as long as the customer is a bit savvy to start. I enjoy the backend of Wishlist and how it easy it is to provide customer service with it, but wouldn't recommend it to non-technically skilled.
ProsOnce set up, I love what you can do with this software. It creates a membership environment on Wordpress that allows you to sell a course or digital product with access through a user name and password. And you can link it to your email provider (like Mailchimp) to continue to promote to buyers. It also easily connects to payment gateways like PayPal.
ConsBeyond simply sending a new customer to a level for access to their purchase, I found it difficult to move clients from one offer to another - especially if it was a FREE offer. My non-technical clients found it difficult to understand how to access customer information and to resolve customer service issues. For some reason, the non-technical customers found it difficult sometimes to create their own login.

By WishList Products on March 26, 2019
Thanks for your review. We've been working on a new user interface that will make it even easier for less technical people to set up a new membership site. We will be releasing it very soon.
March 20, 2019
Kate M.
Digital Marketing Strategist
April 18, 2019

“Best for Digital Courses and Membership Websites”

OverallI would rate this software well above Kajabi, Thinkific, and other platforms such as Teachable and Udemy because it gives the user complete control over their course and membership website. I've been building out digital courses for 8 years, and if you are already a WordPress user, then this is the absolute best solution for delivering your course. Very easy and intuitive to use, and it also integrates very well with WooCommerce to manage your members and deliver your content free and paid.
ProsWishList integrates seamlessly with your WordPress Dashboard, which makes it easy and intuitive to use.
ConsDepending upon how you set up your course, you may need to purchase additional plugins (such as to provide badges and completion certificates automatically).

By WishList Products on April 22, 2019
Thank you very much for the kind words. We really appreciate your feedback.
April 18, 2019
Frank D.
CEO/WebGuy
Internet, 1-10 employees
February 22, 2017

“Integral Part of My Business”

OverallI have been a Wishlist Member customer pretty much since day one and I have to say there is no other software I trust more in protecting my training, digital downloads, and member areas than Wishlist Member. It does everything I need and then some. The support team listens to ideas to continually grow with my business needs and the needs of the online community. As a web guy & business coach myself, this is the only membership software I recommend for my clients, students, and inner circle members. With the versatility of the software I can't imagine, you could find any other product that delivers all that various solutions that Wishlist Member does.
ProsThe versatility of it and the way they are looking to continually add features and integrations to keep up with the demand of the every changing online business.
ConsThe complexity of the software can be overwhelming so sometimes it takes a moment to locate a feature. But that can be true of anything that offers so much. Like a swiss army knife do you always pull out the right blade the first time?
Recommendations to other buyersI think the software is continually improving and listens to the need of it's customers I can't imagine any other advice at this time.
Matt H.
Program Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
September 26, 2019

“Above and beyond customer support”

ProsWe use Wishlist to maintain a global membership database on our members-only website. (www.ILAWnetwork.com). We used a website development firm to build the site, but then we decided to administrate the website on our own. We don't have a tech person that knows WordPress on staff and I have only moderate ability to code HTML and I am program staff, not a tech staff member. Wishlist is the engine that drives our entire site. When we have noticed issues, I have contacted their tech team and they get back to me in a matter of minutes and so far have solved all the issues within 48 hours.
ConsI should also point out that most of those issues are related to the customizations on my site and have not been caused by Wishlist itself.
September 26, 2019
Andrea S.
Adm Assistant
Online Media, 1-10 employees
April 4, 2018

“A top-notch plug-in for WordPress”

OverallIt's great to be able to manage memberships within the WordPress site instead of having separate software for membership management.
ProsI like how WishList seamlessly integrates its membership ability with the payment gateway allowing you to easily manage memberships in a very simplistic platform.
ConsI do not like how if you have more than one level of membership that you don't have a "select all" option that you can check and be able to handle cancelling all levels at once rather than have to go through and check each level and cancel one at a time.
April 4, 2018
Ashlie P.
Holistic Health Practitioner / Personal Trainer / Essential Oil Expert
March 13, 2018

“Great membership software if you are willing to put in the work”

OverallAn affordable, customizable membership platform that, once learned is pretty easy to navigate. The ability to customize almost every aspect of the membership site.
ProsThe ability to customize membership platforms to meet unique needs and membership requirements. The ability to integrate with a wide variety of 3rd party software. The support and customer service is amazing.
ConsThe software is a bit user unfriendly and there is a steep learning curve for those who are not technically inclined when implementing the software.

By WishList Products on March 20, 2018
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it. We also wanted to let you know we've been working on a MAJOR revision to the user interface of WishList Member. We anticipate releasing it within the next couple of months. This will make the entire process much easier. :)
March 13, 2018
March 26, 2019

“Wishlist Member Review - Why I both like it and hate it.”

OverallOverall, if you need a membership Plugin for Wordpress then this is possibly the most sold one, however, if you are not that technical... I would suggest looking for an easier option as it does make you go trough a lot of learning curves just to make it work in your end.
ProsI like the fact that it is one of the most stable, secure membership site plugins for Wordpress. Used by a ton of members because of its sturdiness.
ConsIt is waaay to technical and that is the number 1 reason I do not use it much.

By WishList Products on March 27, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. We strive to do our best in making WishList Member as stable and reliable as possible. Stay tuned for our soon to be released major update. We've created a completely new interface with version 3.0. It will be more powerful and easier to use.
March 26, 2019
Matthew D.
Marketing Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
November 30, 2018

“Two levels to this membership plugin”

OverallIt's been a bit of a trial period with a few large, awkward scenarios when we found from customer feedback that nobody was able to access chunks of content. 90% success rate with this product. Unsure of ROI.
ProsIt has, for the most part, worked with for customers.
ConsThere are outstanding roadblocks in fully utilizing this product that we cannot get past. Customers who already have an account are unable to upgrade to a new "Level" access after a secondary purchase. (This is what their "pay-per-post" options and HTML coding on pages can distinguish between levels but not to the nuanced point of making certain page elements appear or disappear based on level or pay-per-post).
November 30, 2018
Glenn Wallace, R.
Online Local Marketing Consultant
February 5, 2019

“Best membership software for Wordpress”

OverallUse it for my own sites as well as recommend and set it up for client sites.
ProsThis software is easy to setup and manage. Provides a 'Get Started' onboarding sequence that easily allows anyone to get their site set up quickly.
ConsNothing at this time. Have been using it for years and never a problem.

By WishList Products on February 7, 2019
Hey Glenn, Thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it and it means a lot to us. We're always working to improve we'll be sharing our major update to WishList Member VERY soon. Thanks again!
February 5, 2019
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
November 13, 2018

“Great plugin for your membership sites!”

OverallGreat Wordpress plugin for membership sites!
ProsWishList is simple to use. It is a great Wordpress plugin to create membership sites for your courses, and membership based products and servicies. I recommend it. It is great value for the price.
ConsIt is a little more difficult to setup than other services out there, which came "ready to used" and are web based already giving you the opportunity to host your videos, create membership sites, courses, etc. But, for the price, I think WishList gives a lot of value.

By WishList Products on November 15, 2018
We appreciate your great review and feedback. We've been working on rebuilding the entire user experience when working with WishList Member. The new interface will make it much easier for people to get started building a membership site.
November 13, 2018
Gordon F.
Owner/Founder
E-Learning, Self-employed
October 3, 2016

“The right tool for the job of running a membership site”

OverallAfter lots of research I adopted Wishlist Member a few years ago, and have absolutely no regrets. It's a great tool, and the implementation, though complex, went smoothly when following the comprehensive tutorials available from the vendor. Good, robust tool, updated frequently, with lots of great features.
ProsGreat product, works great.
ConsPrice / Value. Other, similar tools are available for less.
October 3, 2016
May 8, 2018

“Wishlist member was a nice solution for our membership site”

ProsOverall, WLM got the job done and was worth the initial time and investment to set everything up. This is probably one of the top three solutions out there for WP membership sites.
ConsThe software was great, but some customization options were outside of advanced WP user's experience. Had to hire a coder and designer to customize the site and members area to our liking. Not a huge complaint, but if more 'non-coding' features and customization options were available, that would be great.

By WishList Products on May 12, 2018
We're always looking to improve so we appreciate your feedback. Thanks so much.
May 8, 2018
Seth H.
Self-employed
February 22, 2017

“Useful product, but leaves much to be desired”

OverallOverall, I'm pleased with the service of Wishlist Member, but I have a few thoughts that I hope will be useful feedback. 1. The support is very slow. I submitted a help ticket a couple of days ago and still haven't even been acknowledged. I'm sure they'll get to it, but if this was an urgent problem is would be very frustrating. 2. It's a fairly confusing product to use. I'm never quite sure if I'm doing anything right when I'm working with the settings. Troubleshooting the product is really difficult too because I'm never sure how to even identify which part of the system is the issue. 3. The product is surprisingly lacking in design functionality. I could even figure out how to customize the button for my sales page. Something as simple as editing the text, size, and color of a button shouldn't be complicated for the user. 4. With all of this being said, I think it's a nice alternative to some of the really expensive software for courses out there, but it seems to be overly simplistic. Hopefully this is helpful! -Seth
ProsI like that it's a cheap alternative to other online course software.
ConsIt's confusing to use and has very limited design functionality. Also, the support and customer service is extremely lacking.
Recommendations to other buyersIt would great to have a live chat option for support issues.

By WishList Products on February 22, 2017
Thanks for the review. We checked our ticket system. It looks like you submitted a ticket at the end of a work day and there was a follow up first thing the following morning. The reply may have been caught in your spam/junk mail filter. You can also login to the customer center to check tickets directly. We typically answer all tickets within one working day.
Steven D.
January 31, 2017

“WishList Member is the BEST WordPress Membership Management Plugin”

OverallI have been a very happy customer and user of the WishList Member plugin for over six years, and since the beginning, it has been a foundational core of my website's functionality. The overall quality, ease of use, features & functionality, customer support, and value are nothing less then EXCELLENT! So as a result, I would absolutely recommend WishList Member to anyone looking to run a membership platform on their WordPress site. Thank you WishList Member!
January 31, 2017
Wendy K.
President/Founder
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
February 28, 2017

“I am not a technical person...”

OverallIt's hard for me to really say how well this works, because I still haven't figured it out. I had someone else begin setting it up for me, but he no longer helps me. I can't even find where the videos are that have been uploaded for people to receive when they purchase. For me, it has not been an easy thing. There is also language that I don't understand when it comes to what I am supposed to be doing or how to use the program.
Pros??? I haven't figured that part out yet.
ConsSince I had someone else begin setting things up for me, I can't even find where my videos that members are supposed to receive are located, or how to add more.
Britthany F.
Cashier
Retail, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2019

“Wish list”

ProsI liked how easy it was to use for anyone. My sixty year old mother can use it without my help!
ConsHow long it actually takes. Time is of virtue

By WishList Products on May 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. We're sorry to see such a low rating on our support. We could not find any information from you in our customer records or in our Support Ticket system. Hopefully you haven't mistaken us with another company. Believe it or not we get a lot of people thinking we are the company Wish that have problems with shipping. Hopefully your review was for our Membership Software called WishList Member. Thanks.
May 24, 2019