Gopher Ratings

Overall
4.1/5

About Gopher

Helping recruiting and staffing firms become more competitive. Gopher is the leading recruitment tool of choice for 3rd party recruiting firms and pro-active direct hire recruiters. Gopher's one page design dramatically increases productivity allowing instant access to vetted candidates and clients. With Gopher you will be 1 person contacting 1000's rather than 1000's contacting 1 person. Spend more time engaging. Free complete working version of Gopher is available for trial. Learn more about Gopher

Anna S.
Recruiting Manager
Human Resources, 1-10 employees

“Best Recruiting Partner”

OverallAs Gopher knows, I have worked with them to customize almost every field to better suite our business needs. I have used other recruiting software's, and although some have nice features, when it comes to matching candidates to our open jobs QUICKLY and recording important candidate/company information, none compare. Another cool thing about Gopher is that almost every field is searchable, which we use all the time. Gopher knows how to keep their best employees, as I can't imagine Sofia or Heather not being there. Those ladies are so knowledgeable and work great together at helping me with projects whenever I need it. They are open on training our team on new features, or even refresher courses when needed. And let's not forget Ken who knows how to get stuff done and quickly. He helped me with a few issues we had that involved our 3rd party IT company who was not very responsive in order to get our Gopher up and running onto our new PC's. Response time to questions or issues is very quick, which is a must. Overall, Gopher has been and is our most valuable business tool.
Pros-Customizable to your own personal business needs -Recruiting Software built by Recruiters, for Recruiters - so they understand our daily challenges, and think outside the box on how to solve them to get best function/and less time wasted -Best software for matching candidates to jobs (creating a pool of best possible)
Cons-Not a fan of folder 1 and folder 2 - I wish there was just a drop down of candidates/clients that I worked on that day, so I can select who I want to go back and view - quickly. If I click on a profile, and get a call, and by accident click the wrong way, I lose the person I was working on, and it becomes frustrating - as many times I can't recall who it was. I end up finding them, but the drop down with the file name would be cleaner and faster. It really would make life easier.
Recommendations to other buyersOver all, honestly, I am so pleased with Gopher. I can't imagine recruiting without it. To reiterate what I said earlier, Gopher is our most important business tool. That's all there is too it.
Penny F.
REAL Workforce stratigist -Consultant
Program Development, Self-employed
September 22, 2016

“Loving GO4-but overwhelmed with what I do not know after 30 years of using it”

OverallThe Sofia support is first rate- how do you ever keep her?? :-) Features and functionality- the 3 is because there are SOOOOOOOOO many that I just cannot learn them all and so I do not get the full benefit of GO4- I would love to talk with a local business owner that uses all of them in their business. I just do NOT understand why it has not done better in the US market, except that it is designed for the 'real' recruiter and todays recruiter is simply lazy, wants easy, pushes quantity not quality and starts a new search every time the same job reopens. DUMB!!! BUT as long as they fall under HR its about numbers not match and HR destroys the point of relationship.. I cannot get a company to look at it and have no idea why. They end up buying something more expensive and less effective.. I suck at selling it and I am sorry for that.
Prosits instinctual, customizable and has the long term goal of match and stability
ConsMe- as a user I just cannot remember all the features or in 30 years have ever used all the features.. There is nothing wrog with GO4 but if people do not use it all or use it right, then they simply blame the SW...DUMB
Recommendations to other buyersYou already work too hard at it-- if people aren't using it or seeing it for the GREAT SW it is, then their advice is only to make up for their lack of learning or using it. STOP listening to advice until they use it the way its designed..
Jim S.
Vice President
Human Resources, 1-10 employees

“Great Recruiting Software”

OverallWe have been on the Go4 platform for several years and, compared to others we used previously, it is, far and away, a superior product. There are so many features available and it allows each user to utilize the platform as they desire, using all the features or just some of them. Technical/customer support is excellent and very responsive and they keep the system updated and enhanced on an ongoing basis.
ProsThe wealth of features available that one can use all of or part of, depending on need
ConsThe resume parsing is a little cumbersome, requiring about 7 clicks to finally get a resume parsed. Some of the required clicks seem a little redundant. It would seem that that particular feature could be streamlined a bit.
Recommendations to other buyersWould like to see the ability to have drop-downs expand fully instead of requiring scrolling to access items at the bottom of the drop-down fields
Clay W.
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees
September 22, 2016

“Good Recruiting Software that does the job”

OverallI have been Gopher user for over 10 years. Prior to that I used PCHunter / MacHunter. This works very well but like all recruiting software you need to plan ahead of time and learn the functions to best utilize it. I have been very impressed with how responsive technical support is and generally there have been very few issues that have occurred that took two attempts to solve. Keep in mind that is over 4 different Windows operating systems from XP Pro to the current Windows 10 platform. I currently use a non cloud based version since I like to have access to my files and not worry about them being accessible without internet access. It is a very simple 4 computer setup and all data amongst our users stays up to date and coordinated. I see no reason to switch from Gopher.
ProsIt's relative simplicity yet powerful feature set.
ConsSome functions that I used were not included in later versions of the software
Judy H.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 27, 2016

“Good general recruiting software.”

OverallI am a customer since 1994. Easy to use; however, lacks the features of some more sophisticated software using social media, etc. I use on desktop and it is a fast and serves my needs. However, the cloud version, based on my position in Florida, slowed me down 75% as the data bumped to several servers around the country first. Cloud version would only be good if response time is not degraded, so be sure to set up a test system before cutover.
ProsEasy to use, resume capture and downloads are very fast.
ConsSome limitations in state of the art features. I like to keep things very simple, so this works well for me. Needs better maintenance utilities.
Recommendations to other buyersClearly define support and training needs with vendor.
Rhea C.
Faciltiy Security Office/Recruiting
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
September 22, 2016

“review Gopher software -Szanca ”

OverallWe have been using Gopher software for over five years and find it to be a useful tool for our recruiting efforts. The ease of use and all the information you need at a glance. It's saved us tons in valuable time and resources. Customer support is outstanding! FSO Szanca Solutions, Inc.
ProsIt's ease of use and all the information you need in one location.
ConsThe email tracking has been posting ALL email traffic onto one record as well as each individual record. There are some repetition with notes/email entries from our remote users and corporate users.
Recommendations to other buyersA better way to use the tool with multiple users at various locations without duplicating email entries.
Craig D.
Human Resources, Self-employed

“Gopher - Pretty Good”

OverallI signed up with Gopher about 5 years ago. I liked its versatility and the person who set it up for me did a great job getting it to look and feel like the older system I was using at my former agency. I wanted to hit the ground running and didn't want to spend weeks learning a completely new data base system. It's a tiny bit slower then I'd like it to be, but otherwise very happy with it. Y'all do a good job of adding features and your customer support people are friendly and have fixed all problems.
ProsIt's versatile and easy to use.
ConsIt's a little slower then I'd like it to be.
Recommendations to other buyersMake it faster and cheaper! I can't really complain to much.
Matt A.
Wholesale, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2016

“Best ATS out there”

OverallTheir hosted desktop and service is better than any other ATS software we have used. We use it to track all our customers and Business Partners. We can easily reach all our client base in just minutes with the email feature built into this software. We can access our data any where and any time and that comes in handy when we are at major events across America.
ProsCan be easily customized to fit your needs. Allows customer to control information. Imports our sales directly into the database and creates customer profile without doing any data entry.
ConsHaven't found any yet.
September 30, 2016
Fred R.
1-10 employees

“gopher review”

OverallCustomer reps are excellent. I don't you can find better anywhere. I like the personal contact and follow up compared to when I used Bullhorn. Glad I came back and will probably stay forever. As with any system gopher is a little confusing left click/ right click but one you get the hang of it it works. I would suggest that there be a place in the profile wish there was a place for the Candidate's "street" (the name they go by on a daily basis) along with their formal first name as it currently is. Would seem friendlier to greet them with their street name when contact is made.
ProsSomewhat confusing when starting our
Richard L.
Managing Partner

“Excellent Product-Excellent Service”

OverallStrongly recommended, I love the Product, I love the Customer Service/Customer Relationship. Customer Service is the best. First of all it's a little like the Maytag repair guy in that we never need them, I can recall only one time in eight years that I had a problem with GOPHER. My call was answered by a real person who worked with me for an hour and resolved the problem. I have asked for their help on four or five other occassions and each time I felt like I had a free consulting firm at my beck and call. An example would be the time we purchased a list of ten thousand people in our industry. Gopher parsed the list and imported the entire thing over a weekend and the charge was a lot less than I would have expected. Speaking of cost the low purchase price beat the heck out of the other five or six potential systems that we evaluated.
ProsI purchased GOPHER 8 years ago for our three office six person team and it has been awesome from day one in that it delivers everything I ever wanted and offers even more tools that I have not taken the time to learn. Managing our 24,000 person data base is so easy that it substantially reduces the amount of administrative work being performed by recruiters. OUTLOOK linked to GOPHER allows us to automatically log all communications with clients and candidates. Searching for a specific resume or searching for a pool of candidates is instantaneous.
ConsSeriously, there are no negatives. I have 28 years as a Recruiter and Gopher meets all my needs without any problems.
Paula S.
Technical Recruiter/Safety Officer
Government Relations, 51-200 employees

“Paula's review”

OverallI rely on Go4 daily for my recruiting tasks. It is like my bible and I use it like it's my diary! It keeps all the notes in it's database on all the candidates. We have had it at our company since 2008.
ProsThe amount of storage. we have over 25K resumes stored in it now and still climbing with more added daily.
ConsLike anything, it has its quirks. Sometimes I need to contact customer support. They are great though and usually can fix it in a few minutes.
Recommendations to other buyersNo
Shelly B.
Director of Candidate Sourcing
Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

“Go 4 Gold with Gopher!”

OverallGopher has worked out very well for all of our recruiting needs. Their customer service has been patient and are great to work with!
ProsThe functionality of the program and how it fills our database needs as a company.
Recommendations to other buyersGopher support staff is willing and able to help with any thoughts or issues I have with the software.
Randy W.
Accounting, 1-10 employees

“Randy's Review”

OverallI find Gopher easy to tool around. Great for submitting and keeping track of candidates. The help portal is excellent, as well as the customer support.
ProsIt never crashes - can be accessed on my phone from the digital desktop anywhere.
ConsDifficulty of importing resumes which are in a PDF format.
Recommendations to other buyersNot really
Tiffany T.
Director of Opertations
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“DKM Review”

OverallGopher is a good ATS tool with good features. Would like to see more modern technology and web based system.
ConsInstalled on a VM. Cannot access anywhere. No mobile application. Cannot text from system. Hard to learn for new users/
Joe D.
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
September 27, 2016

“Gopher Support & Heather Clark”

OverallHeather Clark is the backbone for Gopher Support and always handles issues that come up. Would recommend this company to other companies needing a database provider.
ProsEasy to work with.
Recommendations to other buyersGood to go.
Bob A.
Principal and General Manager
September 24, 2012

“Blackdog Recruiting Software Go4 recruiters”

OverallStrongly recommend
ProsGopher for Recruiters has been a big help to our firm. We are a niche recruiting firm with seven recruiters, all working in the same specialty. The software that we previously had in place was installed in the late 90's and was, to put it simply, outdated for the information environment we live in now. Its primary setback was that it required two sets of records for a single "contact", one if they were a client and another if they were a candidate. The notes associated with each file were never merged. In addition, the process of adding a resume to the database was cumbersome and required additional overhead in back office staff to administer. Gopher solved all that. We bought the software in 2009 and have been very pleased with the outcome. We were able to reduce overhead by eliminating one administrative position and we gained some productivity with our recruiters. The Gopher staff did a great job with integrating our existing data.
ConsNo Cons that I can think of
September 24, 2012
Richard L.
Staffing and Recruiting, Unspecified
March 4, 2015

“Our firm has used Gopher for the past twelve years”

ProsVery user-friendly. I only recall needing tech support two times in 12 years, and they were on it immediately
ConsI have no issues. There's nothing that I do not like. It works well and consistently.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are multiple vendors of headhunter software packages. Evaluate three or four. Some of them I found ridiculously expensive to buy, and others have a monthly charge per user. Gopher is fairly inexpensive.
March 4, 2015
Tom T.

“Gopher for Recruiters”

OverallWe would highly recommend Gopher to any recruiting firm interested in a high quality and reasonable priced product.
ProsWe are a contingency search firm specializing in direct placement of finance and accounting professionals. We have used Gopher for Recruiters for over 10 years and have been extremely satisfied with the software and the customer support. Gopher is very flexible and customizable. Another benefit is that the software is tightly integrated with Microsoft Outlook and Word which speeds up a new users learning curve. We use the hosted version of Gopher which allows us to access the software from anywhere in the world and not have to worry about back-ups, installing software updates, etc.
ConsNone. This is a great piece of software. It is priced at a level that is very fair for the value provided.
William H.
Treasurer
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

“Some good, Some bad”

OverallOverall the software is adequate. Some glitches that have not been figured out. Some features lacking but overall tends to do the job.
ProsAssimilation of resume's. Ability to track activity. Coordination of memos and communication with candidates and clients.
ConsDifficulty in changing company info. Difficulty in differentiating between individuals with similar or same names.
Heather N.
Leader Representative
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
September 22, 2016

“LR Representive. I use Go4 all day everyday”

OverallIt crashes constantly and I have to reboot approx. 4 -5 times daily.. usually in the middle of a phone call. Quite often I will go through the 4 steps to add a note and it won't take so I have to do it multiple times before it actually posts to the record. Also I always have trouble adding more than 1 email. It's also very glitchy sometimes when adding a note it will to into the company name field or I've also seen it go to the current pos: desired pos field or the email field.. I also don't like the fact that I can't delete a note.. we are supposed to send those requests to IT to have it deleted. ...not sure why.. maybe it's a preference thing
ProsThe wild card search function *
Consthe constant crashing and glitchyness
Recommendations to other buyersresume import isn't bad from what I've seen but it could be better, often times it will create a duplicate record
Lance K.
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
September 22, 2016

“There has to be better out there”

OverallThe search functions on Gopher are poor at best. Not intuitive, not comprehensive. Have you ever downloaded a resume - try it. It takes between 10 and 11 clicks. Customer service is fantastic, Heather is always available and helpful. Top notch person.
ProsOutlook and Gopher are well allinged
ConsSee the notes before
Nikki B.
Operations Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Utilization of Go4”

OverallOverall Go4 is simple and easy to use. It has a number of functions but not all align with our needs. It's difficult to tailor it to meet our needs without messing up other functions.
ProsSimple and easy to use
ConsDifficult to tailor to our needs
Karen K.
September 22, 2016

“We've Been using Gopher for 14 years and still happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

OverallWe started our agency 14 years ago and needed a good database for our needs. We did the trial with many different products and Blackdog/Gopher won and we have been happy ever since. I can not say one bad thing about this product. Its easy to learn and use, keeps track of everything from the initial phone call to the placement. I would recommend this product to any recruiter. Best of all, the people at Blackdog are so nice and on top of any issue you may have. Thumbs way up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elaine K.

“Fantastic Customer Support”

OverallBiggest problem I have is lack of customization. It has to be customized by Blackdog. My gopher seems to crash on the days I am busy running reports or researching, going back and forth constantly between windows. The Customer Support is awesome and response is timely. They can talk on my level. The Software has all the features we commonly use.
Matthew H.
September 27, 2016

“Complex UI but solid program”

OverallI use Gopher all day every day. It almost never crashes or lags, but some of the user interface commands are counter-intuitive and difficult to understand at first. Overall though it does the job quite well, once you get used to the controls.
Brian S.

“Not a bad Platform”

OverallI haven't used other platforms, so I don't have much to compare too but like it. Could it be better? Of course.
ProsSaves data precisely.
ConsCan not navigate through the tab button.
Patty B.

“Excellent Support”

OverallWhenever we have a question or concern about Gopher, we are able to reach someone quickly and easily. Heather is very knowledgeable and always knows how to direct us.
Paul H.
September 22, 2016

“VPTL. Valuable tool for managing mid sale next sale as well as managing both interim and permanent r”

OverallGreat tool used primarily by my area for managing interim leaders and updating communication and using a central area to share communication related to projects
Loren P.

“Good product!”

OverallI think this is a decent product but I don't have much to compare it to. Customer support is always there to help
Bob W.

“Performance Excellence”

OverallI have nothing but good things with regard to Gopher-- Very easy to use and Customer support is/has been fantastic--
Sharon M.

“Always there for us”

Overallcompany - quick to respond and pleasurable software - easy to navigate and does all I need it to do
Jon F.
September 27, 2016

“reviewed many before gopher”

OverallRecommend Gopher, do your homework and include Gopher as one of your picks before you decide on your CRM.
Rich D.
September 22, 2016

“solid basic local software”

Overall1 person practice. I like how the software is local. I use office 365 and almost every time there are updates, I have to call the support. I am on the support plan and they are super helpful. You can search the resumes for anything that you can think of. I am not changing.
ProsLocal not web based.
Conswhen MS has updates. The software sometimes needs to be changed.
Jen C.

“Research Assistant”

OverallSome functions of Gopher are great while others are frustrating and tedious. Overall, it works FINE.