Kennel Connection Ratings

Overall

About Kennel Connection

Kennel Connection is the world's leading pet-care facility management software product, with more than 5,000 copies installed world-wide! Featuring boarding, grooming, daycare, training, petsitting and special services, Kennel Connection has something for all aspects of your business, including client and pet record-keeping, scheduling, full point-of-sale capabilities, and employee management. Learn more about Kennel Connection

Mike C.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
September 23, 2017

“Overall it has been great. We use it strictly for boarding and daycare.”

OverallMore than anything customer support.
ProsI like that they are continually making improvements and updates. I believe this is based on user input. I like the desktop version as we have intermittent and long term (over a day) Internet outrages and we can continue to work. Customer support, knowledge base, and training videos seem to be current. We don't need to tweak our processes to meet the software process. It goes with our flow. I look at other software about once a year and Kennel Connection seems to be the best so far.
ConsThere are 2 items that I wished the software would allow. One item would is one that I would leave over. The first is the amount of warning windows that pop up. I know it isn't this way, but it feels like every time we navigate through a booking there is a window that asks if we are sure we want to do that function. I can see where it would be helpful, but the ability to turn it off like vaccination warnings would be great. The one item I would leave over if another company provided it is custom reports. I would LOVE to run a report that tells me which category of pets (we charge by weight) provides the most revenue. As an example if I changed the weight category instead of raising prices how would that look? I may make more money by changing weight class than upping the charges.

By Blue Crystal Software on September 28, 2017
Hello Mike, thank you for the review! There are some pop-ups that you can turn off but many of them are to help the customer avoid making a mistake. If you have suggestions for ones you'd like to be able to turn off, feel free to suggest them. We also offer customizations and custom reports. If you're interested, please call the office or e-mail me at jenn@bluecrystalsoftware.com Thank you again, we appreciate your business!
September 23, 2017
Becky K.
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
January 15, 2018

“Amazingly easy program!”

Overallgreat organization
ProsWe have been using KC since 2002!- could not be happier with customer service and easy of use- I have never been computer savy and have never had a problem or complaint that customer service is not quick to explain or help with. We have a good size staff and all are quick to learn on this user friendly, easy to navigate system.We use the online version and have been very impressed with it, despite not having the greatest internet service- we have a pickup and delivery service and the online system is very helpful to access remotely. Also, nice to be able to access and work on from home. I have seen some complaints about pop up warnings, ect- these are all things that can be turned on/off as you feel they are needed- most of them we do not use- but some are extremely helpful (I do like the suggestion of having a pet name show in red if they have a warning tho) - but in general- KC gives us everything we need and more to operate an active boarding, daycare and grooming business. Could not be happier!- wish they would develope a similar program for the equestrian industry!!
Consnot much to say as far as cons go- we use the online version and the cost seems a bit high, but not sure how I would function without it !

By Blue Crystal Software on January 17, 2018
Thank you for your review and your business, Becky! We appreciate it.
January 15, 2018
Lisa B.
February 27, 2019

“Easy program”

OverallMy experience with KC has been a good one. I'm old school, I like that I can keep it simple and personal or add on modules if needed. CSR in customer service has helped me tremendously over the years. Thanks !
ProsI find this program very easy to use. Although, I'm only using a small fraction of what this software is capable of, I like the simplicity of it. I have been with KC since the 90's and have had no major issues. The price seems very reasonable. I don't have all of the extra modules that are offered at an additional price, however. I like that I only pay for the ones I want to use.
ConsI was told back in 1994 or 1995 when this program was first purchased that I would have lifetime support. I'm finding that support harder to get lately. Perhaps because I am using 2017's model. I am someone that uses maybe 5% of what this program has to offer so updating every year-two years doesn't make sense. I don't use the benefits of updated systems and I don't think they change all that much to warrant an upgrade.
February 27, 2019
Dorien A.

“KC Rocks”

OverallI've been using KC since 2007 or 8 ... When the light bulbs went off as to how it work , my thought was wow!, that's so easy... Of course we've had minor issue , But the KC support team has always been there to help, sometimes beyond their responsibility. They are always updating and open to suggestions, I have few, they are as follows 1: a 2nd Text tab (and an auto removal of the () and - for easy copy and paste) 2: left message button and a time stamp note for called & left message buttons when utilized 3: Customer access button from any page especially the the Modify Groom Appointment page 4: Most importantly Pet with warning name should be in RED on the scheduling screen not just a flashing light when opening card. While the software cost is competitive and start up is reasonable, It is a bit over priced to renew tech support or upgrade when you have existing KC product that is a major draw back, But the soft ware is so good I swallow hard , while feeling a bit taken advantage of . Talk to Kevin in sales , he is very customer oriented and works hard to give you the best experience possible.. Jennifer and some of the other folks I've dealt with have also been very helpful and patient with this technically challenged grandma. I know it looks as if I had a lot of suggestion but truly in the vast ability of this software over all it's the best out there in my opinion... I've used other even had a major competitor... The best way I could describe that soft ware was so bulky it was hard to use, So I'll stick to my kennel connection for all of my locations. Oh I might mention I love that we integrate it with other computers in my salons it's wonderful to be able to check one out and check in, on the other computer at the same time... For busy salons like ours that's a major plus...

By Blue Crystal Software on February 12, 2016
Thank you for your review, Dorien! Please be sure to enter your feature requests in the support center so we have them on the list for the next version. We have kept our support renewal costs as low as possible and in line with competition. It allows us to continue to offer new features in the software and provide upgrades as well as have plenty of staff on hand to assist with support and training needs. Thank you again for your kind words, we appreciate your long term loyalty!
Catherine S.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
February 1, 2017

“Too much of a good thing”

OverallTough to navigate - unfriendly interface - outdated design and functionality. We used it just over a year and tried to get over these issues but after staff changes and facing re-train we gave up and changed - also didn't want to have to pay the hi annual support fees and no way can run this without support. It does everything you ever imagine and lots of things I'm sure most would never use - just discovering all it can do is a daunting task in itself. You need to be a detail techy type to love this product.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 5, 2017
Hi Catherine, All the features in Kennel Connection were added by customer request. Since the industry is run differently from shop to shop, we have added in many things that you may never use, but someone else needs. We have KC7 coming out soon with over 200 new customer requested features. I'm not sure if you are aware, but we do have training videos available to help train staff, but the basics can be taught in a half hour training session which we offer free upon purchase. Our support fees are the same as, or in some cases, lower than other desktop software companies. Have a great day!
February 1, 2017
Catherine S.
February 18, 2016

“Our Love-Hate Relationship”

OverallIt does everything you could ever imagine or need and then some. Figuring it out can be tricky - trying to train part-time staff to use it very difficult. Incredibly detailed and good run speed and functionality but big learning curve to get good at it and navigate from place to place quickly. Overall look not real user friendly and can feel chunky and awkward to get around but to support the great detail they provide maybe it needs to be this way. We've only been using it for 6 months and still many features we are not using and likely never will. Price is reasonable for the complexity but I can't imagine ever not having the annual support program. Upgrades come every few months it seems and couple times I've needed help from customer service and they were great. Have to go thru proper channels but have even got help on weekend once when we needed it. Training videos and support articles are very good too. As we are located in rural area and internet signal not 100% reliable we are bit nervous about cloud based software - we demo'd several different programs prior to purchase and this was by far the best choice for installed software.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 19, 2016
Hello Catherine, Thank you for your review. I hope you have taken advantage of the free training upon purchase and also the training videos. There is a drag and drop element that people tend to miss without watching our training videos or doing some training. I hope you were able to learn the easiest way to get around in the software. There are a lot of options in the software because we have over 5,000 customers and many requests to add in features. Most will find they don't need some of those features, but hopefully you can delve into the software when you have time and find more features that would be helpful to you. If you haven't figured out the drag and drop features and quicker ways to get around in the software, please let me know and I'll help you out. (jenn@bluecrystalsoftware.com) Thank you again and thank you for choosing Kennel Connection!
February 18, 2016
Debra W.
June 7, 2017

“Very had to learn & use. Has kinks from showing runs booked that aren't & invoice showing wrong days”

OverallThe ability to grow customer base
ProsCustomer service is outstanding. Fast, knowledgeable & always willing to help Ability to keep track of clients, dogs, & their information I had previously reviewed this software as Excellent after being asked to by KC when I bragged on customer service but after continued use have become very frustrated with it.
ConsVery user unfriendly Too many steps to book dogs Run occupancy is wrong a LOT Days on invoice are often wrong & overcharge clients We have to go over every detail of invoice before charging client Frustrating to move dogs because of steps Training program very indadequate Expensive to buy outright which I did because of internet instability Despite buying it, it won't transfer to new owner when we sell kennel without paying hundreds all over again Employees constantly complaining n about it You constantly have to go back & add additional information or click another button. Overall very cumbersome & hard to use/learn Despite Customer Service always being Excellent, I've had to contact them or research questions often.

By Blue Crystal Software on June 8, 2017
Hello Debra, I'm sorry to hear you have had issues with steps. The software does work based on how you have your settings, it sounds like you may want to check those settings out to make sure it's set up to match how you run the business. I understand that you have sold the business, so please have the new owners contact us so we can assist with that. The licenses agreement is non-transferrable and that's something in the terms of service which is agreed upon when you install the software and requires a license transfer. We appreciate having you as a customers for the past few years and we wish you well.
June 7, 2017
Ginger L.
Business owner
June 2, 2017

“over priced poor service too many glitches no user friendly below 1 star ”

Overallit is an electronic client card I could have used a free program to do the same
ProsThe best service I received from this company was when I purchase it. After that I had to make a months in advance appointment to be taught the system. As a groomer who takes appointments by the week I do not know my schedule that far in advance and they want to do business with you in the middle of the work day. run far away and to make things worse I paid too much money thinking I got a complete system. Because I was not trained I use barely any of it plus to make things worse ti has glitches that has errors that just shut the whole thing off. I was promised a lot and did not get it after paying a ridiculous price and to get more I had to pay another more money as a groomer it is not like I have that much money to waste on a company with such poor customer service
Consover priced horrid customer service constant emails to pay them more money I am on here to find a better service for when I move and open my boarding kennel and it will not be kennel connection .

By Blue Crystal Software on June 8, 2017
Hello Ginger, I'm sorry to hear you had some issues. I'm not sure who you spoke with, but we do not require a training session to be booked months in advance. We do ask customers to make an appointment with the training department so they have a time blocked off for each person they will spend time with, but that can often be booked the next day or within a few days, depending on our schedule and yours. As for training, we also offer many training videos that you can watch in the comfort of your own home or shop when you have time to avoid needing to book specific time with a trainer if you so desire. You purchased the lite version on sale, but it sounds like you may have wanted the standard version which offers more features. If I can assist you with training or anything else, please let me know. Thank you, Jennifer
June 2, 2017
A T.
Office Assistant
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
November 4, 2016

“Developers need to step up their game”

OverallI've been using Kennel Connection for 7 years now, and I second most of what has already been said in the 1 and 2 star reviews. It is beyond irritating for a program to have the appearance of Windows/MS Office without the functionality of those programs. When a list contains multiple columns, why not make it possible to sort by those columns? There is a drop down menu that allows limited sorting (by time, run or pet's first or last names) but even there, you recieve inconsistent results. If I sort the boarding window by run, then print a feeding list, the feeding information will be sorted by run. If I sort the daycare window by run, then print a feeding list, the feeding information will be seemingly random, with no order at all that I have been able to discern. Exporting anything to Excel using the Crystal reports (so that you could potentially manipulate the order of the data) produces a discordant spreadsheet, seperating information that I need on one row into a scattered mess over several rows and columns, and making it impossible to try to use Excel to its best advantage either. The daily run time errors are irritating when you are trying to be efficient, even worse is that glitches to the software updates frequently result in lost data--random client's vaccination records just disappear entirely from thier accounts. Finally, the formatting requirements for generating many of the reports on this program are flawed. If I want to get a list of expired vaccinations for example, I can't get a list that shows me any booking with an expired vaccine, unless/until I input my best guess at a range for when the vaccinations in question might have expired. Why make me guess when the point of a software program is to achieve certainty? I'm very grateful for this forum to note these difficulties, thank you.
ProsThe windows that pop up with vaccination warnings or other notes when you book a dog into a service.
ConsSee my entire review above.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't purchase it.

By Blue Crystal Software on November 8, 2016
Hello, Not knowing which company you are from as I can't find your name in our database, I would first suggest you update to the latest version. I see some things in your note that have changed. You might also want to check out our training videos, they may be of some help to you. We have a library of videos on YouTube. If we can help you, please let us know by calling or e-mailing. We're here to help. We have a feature request forum so you can request features, a trainer on staff, a full Knowledgebase of articles and much more to assist our customers. Again, please give us a call or send an e-mail if we can be of assistance. Thank you!
November 4, 2016
Fred A.
August 15, 2017

“Kennel Connection does the job here at Stillwater ”

ProsSoftware easy to use and keep a good database for clients. Packages are good features for our daycare . The online reservation is a really good tool for clients.
ConsToo many steps,when checking out client if they have daycare packages the whole package is included when making an invoice.

By Blue Crystal Software on August 15, 2017
Hello Fred, Thank you for your review and your business. It's much appreciated. In regards to your comment about the packages, you might want to give us a call as if a client or dog has a daycare package, you don't need to create an invoice upon checkout. Maybe we can make things easier for you with that process. Thank you again!
August 15, 2017
Shannon K.
Veterinary, 1-10 employees
November 28, 2018

“Some glitches ”

OverallI hate customer service to the point that I was searching for other software to use. I like the functionality for the most part.
ProsGreat for scheduling boarding and has good reports. Excellent for invoicing. Easy to figure out.
ConsOften vaccinations are randomly deleted. Tried to talk to customer service, but you have to buy an expensive package for them to fix glitches in their own software. Not easy to schedule reoccurring boarding appointments, that feature is daycare only.
November 28, 2018
Ellen A.
August 12, 2016

“Professionalism at its best!!”

OverallI operate 2 facilities, and we LOVE kc!! My staff finds it easy to use and my clients really like the email confirmations that they receive with shot reminders. I know that having kc has helped give us a professional edge in our community!!
ProsEase of use
ConsNo cancellation notices sent to clients when reservation changes
Recommendations to other buyersReally great customer support!!

By Blue Crystal Software on August 12, 2016
Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your business! I believe the cancellation notice is on the feature request list for the next version, but I will double check and if not, add that for you.
Chris w.

“Best out there ”

OverallBeen a KC user for 16 years. Love it, love it, love it. They make an awesome product and are always making imprivements.
Proseverything, :)
Consthe thing i like the least us the inabilty to customize certain things. but i do like that when suggestions are made, the update sometimes has these new features.
Recommendations to other buyersVery user friendly and the whole company is number 1 in my book.

By Blue Crystal Software on August 16, 2016
Thank you for you review, Chris. We appreciate your business!
Nina R.
January 25, 2018

“Been using for a very large facility and system is not set up to grow your business. ”

ProsEase of learning to use the product, cost, online training videos, email blast utility and ease of emailing clients from the file.
ConsToo many to list all. The system is created for small business. Do not invest if you plan to grow your facility. It will not keep up. They do offer support but will tell you that if they can't duplicate your issues on their computers then your issues are a mute point. I would strongly suggest researching all software available and go with one that can keep up with your growth plans. Don't find out the hard way like I did.

By Blue Crystal Software on January 29, 2018
Hello Nina, I'm sorry you are unhappy, however, our software is used in many large facilities and franchises. We have attempted to help you even though your setup is not a supported install/setup. If you test it in the manner we suggested, you will find that it's not Kennel Connection that is causing the problem just like we found in our multiple test environments with your database. We hope you will give the test a try and we'll continue to try to assist you the best we can. Thank you for your patronage.
January 25, 2018
Crystal J.
Salon owner
December 5, 2016

“Great software but..”

OverallThis was the first software that I ever used in my grooming career at a boarding facility. When I went out on my own and opened a grooming salon I bought this software. Loved it, but decided to try something different a few years later. While I know longer use KC, I often find myself wanting to go back to it. Their client and pet screens set up is superb! Only problem with it is the layout of the appointment book. It is difficult to use at a glance with grooming appointments and multiple groomers. Should look more like an appointment book like most other grooming softwares. Also, it has very MINIMAL, reports for the buck. This is an expensive program and should have more reports and payroll to justify the cost, but I would absolutely give up the reports and switch back if they would change the layout of the appointment tracking. It would also be nice if they would include their online booking in the demo as it's a must have for me and the amount is a lot to spend just to find out it doesn't work for me Been suggesting some of these from them for years. Hopefully someday they will listen.
ProsPet and client screens.
ConsNot enough reports, expensive, no payroll, and layout of appointment screen

By Blue Crystal Software on December 14, 2016
Hi Crystal, We are revamping the program for the next release, Kennel Connection 7.0, and some of the schedules will be changing. We currently have hundreds of reports available in the system now, but if a customer feels a report is missing, we have customer feature request that allows customers to request features and reports. We are adding in over 200 requests to 7.0 for the initial release. Thank you for your review and have a great day!
December 5, 2016
Carol M.
August 12, 2016

“Great Product Great Service”

OverallI have been using this software a few years now with no problems. Kennel Connection is very easy to use and if you can't figure it out the online support will have the answer for you. Give it a try you will love it!!
ProsEverything

By Blue Crystal Software on August 12, 2016
Thank you, Carol. We appreciate your business and we are happy to have you as a customer.
Debbie W.
January 26, 2016

“Great Tech Support!”

OverallI'm not the most "techy" person so I always appreciate good tech support. It's probably the number 1 thing I look for when shopping anything having to do with computers/software. After a horrid experience with a well known electronics store, I had to call Kennel Connection's support to straighten out their mess. KC was so patient & thorough! Paul not only addressed my problem, but did updates & connected my 2 computers together. I can now run KC on both computers & they communicate with one another even though I don't have the web version! I have added onto the Boarding module each year (QB's & Training) & they have helped me to get them set up each time. There is also a FB page where you can ask questions that are answered promptly by KC staff. KC keeps our records, schedules, training, & boarding organized. It is pretty customizable. It was a learning curve for me but you can find instructions on their support site and/or YouTube. I especially love the fact that you can choose the web version or owning the software outright with no monthly fees. I believe great customer service is a rare thing these days so I always go out of my way to spread the word when a company excels in that area. Thus my detailed brag about Kennel Connection!

By Blue Crystal Software on January 27, 2016
Thank you so much for your kind review, Debbie. We value your business and your opinion!
January 26, 2016
Sandra D.
February 8, 2016

“Everything we need and more”

OverallSome may think that the "cloud" is the better way to go, but after have an extremely poor experience with an online product, we chose Kennel Connection because they have been around the longest. The online company has control and access to the data on their servers, I don't want someone else to be able to access my customers, yet someone else was able to view my information when they logged in. Never again. In our search for a solution, we read about other companies that tried other desktop products only to have them go out of business or move their support overseas. I need something that will be around a long time. Nothing is perfect but the Kennel Connection staff makes our lives so much easier by being there when we call with a question. We have also 'harassed' the live chat operator quite a bit and always get the answers we need. We love the newer automatic reminder feature and use the various e-mail options available. Drag and drop is our team's favorite thing to do in the software it seems. When we get new staff, that's the first thing they teach them. I did a lot of research because we have been burned twice now. So far so good.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 8, 2016
Thank you for your kind words, Sandra, we appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing Kennel Connection!
February 8, 2016
Joyce K.
March 31, 2015

“Not with the Times - Too Time Consuming!”

OverallWe purchased Kennel Connection at a tradeshow before researching all the other amazing ones on Capterra. We found that our manual system of Microsoft Excel and Outlook Calendar is way more functional than this program. It took us days to input all our current clients and the ease of use of system (including dates) was inconsistent. There is way too many tabs for options - which becomes overwhelming. This product might have been awesome 10 years ago - but it has not kept up with the convenience of entering clients/products and scheduling. It does not bode well for scan cards nor does it scan products correctly for invoicing. Everything is manual and takes too long, and like a previous reviewer mentioned - you need to close out of every thing you do in order to see other tabs. The run time errors are annoying. The only good thing about KC is the customer service response. I'm sad that I spent thousands on purchasing this program when there are other better programs that cost less. PS: The photo upload does not work either - and u can't book re-occurring appointments if they are on different dates - so you have to manually enter each booking.

By Blue Crystal Software on March 31, 2015
Hello Joyce, I'm sorry you are having difficulties with Kennel Connection. I looked at your file and see you haven't installed any of the updates we've posted. I'll send you a link so you can do that, as it may rectify some of your issues. If you had a client list in another file, we could have imported that for you. I'm not sure if you were aware of that? We have many tabs and options because that's what our customers have requested. With over 5,000 customers, we had to add in many options that not everyone will use but that are frequently requested. Bar code should work as we have many customers using them. Please e-mail me with more details about your issue so I can get you some help with that (jenn@bluecrystalsoftware.com) The photo upload should also work. I'd be happy to assist with this or any other issues you may be having.
March 31, 2015
Anita M.
Owner/Operator
October 19, 2016

“Just Terrible”

OverallThe Customer Support is terrible. They sell you something that does not work correctly and then charge you to fix it. Would not recommend this program for any use in the pet industry.

By Blue Crystal Software on October 19, 2016
Hello Anita, I'm sorry you are unhappy. As we've said to you on the phone and online, we have policies in place just like any other company. We cannot provide you with a free update when your support expired a year ago. That would not be fair to our paying customers. Again, we are sorry you are unhappy but we have tried to provide you with help and discounts to get you updated. We wish you well and appreciate your past business. Thank you.
October 19, 2016
Gail P.
February 4, 2016

“Works Great for my business since 2005!”

OverallMy Pet Sitting Module keeps things in order and works very well for my business over the last 10 years. It allows me to keep pet sitters schedules organized and print out not only their schedules daily but client information sheets for each of the clients they visit. It tracked accounting and service was always wonderful.. If I ever had a problem (and there were very few), I always received prompt answers and fixes.. even if it was early in the morning. My Daycare Module helped me track the dogs, vaccines and all the information necessary for running a daycare. It has a feature where I could email daily report cards to clients and send out emails to all clients or selected clients. I find that they are a software company with a personal touch.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 5, 2016
Thank you for being a long time customer, Gail. We appreciate your continued business. We are happy to hear you feel we have a personal touch. Our staff works hard every day to help our customers. Thank you again!
LeeAnn C.
February 6, 2016

“Works great for us for 5+ yearts”

OverallWe switched from Kennel Suite about 6 years ago because Kennel Connection has more options. The switch was pretty easy- they did most of the work for us. We did have some weird "ghost" customers show up, and a few dogs switched around, but nothing we couldn't work through. Since then we did one major upgrade with no problem. We paid for one change (an option to not overwrite future reservations). Jen and the staff were great working on that for us. It has been pretty easy to train new staff on how to use the system. It tracks our info and we can run just about any report we want. The only thing I really miss from kennel suite is that it kept a list of every change you made to a reservation- that helped track when something got extended or deleted.No plans to change to anything else.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 8, 2016
Hello LeeAnn, thank you for the kind words, we appreciate your business!
February 6, 2016
Mike C.
March 17, 2015

“Good product for what the industry has to offer”

OverallPros: Intuitive, easy to navigate, nice features, great support with frequent updates. Con: Not as flexible as I would like. It has all of the features I want, but not all work the way I want. Example: The wait list will not provide a global picture/report of who is on the wait list. I need to go to a particular date to see who is on the wait list at that time. So the wait list look empty until I hit a date that someone is waiting for an opening. I am sure they will fix this some day. Bottom line for me is it provides what we need and the cons do not interfere with our operations. All of the people are great to work with. I have used other software packages and this one is as good as it gets right now.

By Blue Crystal Software on March 31, 2015
Thank you for your review, Mike. We do have the waiting list on our suggestions list for possible change in the future.
March 17, 2015
Robert B.
December 20, 2016

“Be Cautious ”

OverallI purchased the software at the end of November. In less than a month, I was notified that a new version of the software is coming out. I feel that Blue Crystal Software Corporation/ Kennel Connection should have informed me about the new release when it was two months away. We could have worked out the cost of the new release up front and I would have remained a satisfied customer.

By Blue Crystal Software on January 3, 2017
Hi Robert, We do have a new version coming out soon, but it hasn't been released yet and we don't have an exact date of release. We don't advertise it to new customers until we have a release date. I would suggest you speak to the sales team in regards to the new version. Thank you for your business!
December 20, 2016
Nathan W.
February 4, 2016

“Excellent software for my dog business!”

OverallGreat feature rich software! The have great customer service and I find there utube tutorial videos very useful along with all of their other resources. When we first bought the software, I found it most efficient to run kc parallel to my former system (binders and reciept books) for a few months until I was fully comfortable with all its functions. That way was no pressure to make the switch.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 5, 2016
Thank you, Nathan. We are glad to hear the videos are help. We continue to build the video library to help out our customers. Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your business!
B S.
March 14, 2015

“Sadly Disappointing Over Time”

OverallAt first, I loved this software. After 5 years, not so much. This program is quirky. There are frequent run time errors, features sometimes don't work properly and the inability to switch between open windows without closing them is just annoying. I find myself more often than not, double checking the estimate for boarding multiple dogs at a reduced rate. It simply ignores the parameters of those discounts in the settings. I have begun the search for kennel software again. I believe there is a more cost effective, user friendly software out there somewhere. That being said...we have used this software for five years and upgraded one time. There are some features that are really useful. If you have a caller ID modem the customer record pops up. There is a frequent customer feature to track services. And it makes nice looking gift certificates. I think I may just have a better understanding of what our needs are in software....I don't think Kennel Connection is it.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 11, 2016
Hello Buffy, Thank you for the review. I hope you have found what you are looking for and wish you the best!
March 14, 2015
Bret R.
Co-Owner
February 4, 2016

“Great Software does everything you need!!!”

OverallSoftware has a lot of features and multiple ways to do one thing. Sometimes that can be good sometimes a little confusing. I like the fact that it can do everything for you. I would like to see the retail and inventory feature updated quite a bit in the next one.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 11, 2016
Hi Burt, Thank you for your review! If you have a moment, please submit your feature requests for the inventory and retail sections via the support center if you haven't already so we can add it to our customer request list for the next version. Thank you!
Garnett P.
February 11, 2016

“Blue Crystal Kennel Connection”

OverallEasy to use, quick learning curve, Pennsylvania stats readily available which really helps out. I have had this software over 5 years and just love it. I have a small boarding/grooming business and this makes life so much easier for me. I have the credit card module which has helped save money and make money for me as wee had no taken credit/debit cards before.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 11, 2016
Hello Garnett, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you are doing well with Kennel Connection. Have a great day!
February 11, 2016
Mel A.
Assistant Manager
February 10, 2016

“Very user friendly program”

OverallSuch an easy detailed program to use. Love the Pet Services where we can enter all of the permanent instructions for the pets which makes it so much quicker for our customers not having to repeat previous instructions. The customer service from Kennel Connection is fantastic and the people are so helpful. There is so much that this program can do!

By Blue Crystal Software on February 11, 2016
Thank you for your review, Mel. We appreciate your business and we're happy to know our customer service team is doing their job well.
February 10, 2016
Christie T.
February 4, 2016

“They have the best customer service! They go above and beyond to help you! Make you feel at ease!”

OverallWhen I had a few hiccups with my system they were there for me no matter how many time I called because I am not computer savy! They stayed with me walked me thru it until I finally got it fixed! That meant the world to me as I was dealing with a seriously I'll mother and didn't have time to deal with problem! Very impressed with them!

By Blue Crystal Software on February 5, 2016
Thank you, Christine. Hiccups happen and we're happy to help when they do. We appreciate your kind words and we thank you for being a loyal customer.
Sean H.

“Excellent”

OverallI like all the features that we can use to help keep our customers happy. Kennel Connection is very easy to use and helps out our staff in many ways. A sheet of paper and you have all the instructions for each dog for feeding, medication and exercise time. Everything is very organized.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 12, 2016
Thank you for your review, Sean. We're happy to hear you like all the features of Kennel Connection. Thank you for being a great customer!
Kim L.
February 4, 2016

“Keeps our business very organized and professional!”

OverallWe have been using kennel connection since we opened our kennel 4 1/2 years ago. Love the ease of using the program. Thankful I purchased the quick books direct link. It makes my book keeping go very smoothly so I can spend more time with the dogs! The customer service is amazing! I would highly recommend this program for anyone researching programs for their pet business.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 5, 2016
Thank you, Kim, we appreciate your business and your kind comments.
Drea H.
February 5, 2016

“Great Software”

OverallI am very happy with the Kennel Connection software. I love the email functions, the Quickbooks DirectLink (which saves bookkeeping time), and being able to take credit cards through the system. But my favorite part of the system is the Customer Service!

By Blue Crystal Software on February 5, 2016
Thank you, Drea, we appreciate your kind comments. We are happy to hear our team is doing a good job. Thank you for your continued business.
February 5, 2016
Honor B.
February 4, 2016

“Kennel Connection makes my life easier!”

OverallThere is a module for every aspect of my business. Setting up new modules, employees , changing prices etc is easy. I appreciate how the company listens to what we, the clients, need added and/or changed within the program. The support center had been a huge help.

By Blue Crystal Software on February 5, 2016
Thank you, Honor! We're glad to hear the support center has been helpful. We appreciate your opinion and thank you for being a loyal customer!
Danielle F.

“Exceptional customer service”

OverallExceptional customer service whenever I call I am very happy to know that all of my kennel connection issues can be resolved quickly with a phone call or an email . If it was not a quick fix I have been able to work with kennel connection staff to solve the problem as soon as possible. My employees also find the program to be user friendly

By Blue Crystal Software on February 5, 2016
Thank you, Danielle. We appreciate your business and your kind comments!
Mark P.
HMFIC
February 4, 2016

“WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST SHOOT ME?”

OverallI hate technology but these very nice people's make my life tolerable. Barely. Hahaha just kidding of course, what would we do without KC and our backup crew???? :-)

By Blue Crystal Software on February 12, 2016
Thank you, Mark! We are glad to hear we help make your life as least a bit more tolerable. :) Thank you for your comments and try to have a great day!
Debra S.
February 15, 2016

“Adding module”

OverallI absolutely love when it's time to add on to our existing Kennel Connection services and there is a SALE going on!! Kevin was great in helping procuring the grooming add on module. Thanks for a great product and service!

By Blue Crystal Software on February 17, 2016
Hello Debra, Thank you for the review, we're glad you are loving KC!
February 15, 2016
Sarah C.
December 2, 2014

“Great Software and Service”

OverallI've used KC for 7 years now and have been impressed with the quality and functionality of this product. I use the boarding, daycare, training, grooming and quickbooks modules. All worth the initial purchase cost. No monthly fee!

By Blue Crystal Software on March 31, 2015
Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your review and your business.
December 2, 2014
Tom F.
March 21, 2015

“Software for sanity”

OverallI have been using KC since 1997, and thru out that time,I have been impressed with the functionality of the product and impressed with the customer service.

By Blue Crystal Software on March 31, 2015
Thank you, Tom, we appreciate your kind comments and business.
March 21, 2015