EZLynx Ratings

Overall
3.8/5
3.8/5
3.7/5

About EZLynx

EZLynx provides a single platform solution to help independent insurance agents keep their competitive advantage. The cloud-based Management system, real-time rating engine, and agency website provide a seamless foundation to maximize your agency's potential. Increase your ability to retain current customers while acquiring new business for both personal and commercial lines of business. Learn more about EZLynx

Jed L.
August 13, 2019

“Decent large software for an agency”

ProsI would say that the reason for buying it would be the multirater, and if you buy the agency software its because of the multirater. 98% of the time the multirater works and it works great but the times it doesn't, it can be a pain figuring out what the error is from the carrier and how to fix it in the application. So as long as you don't encounter any issues this software is a dream but how many of you know anyone that never has software issues? Yeah none. So if you are savvy with software or have an IT team or network admin that you can use to troubleshoot with EZLynx than it is the software for you!
ConsWhen the multirater failed due to an error (likely from my own making), however, not knowing how to fix it was annoying and then to have to call our MGA and then have them call EZLynx was a nightmare waiting in insurance purgatory for an answer! Otherwise its very easy to use and if you don't encounter issues the software is great! I would say the only other con is that its a little confusing when you have a client in the system to re-submit an app since you keep using the original quoting information and never re-submit a new application (except for re: to the quote--that is new) otherwise you just enter over previous information which is disconcerting because it doesn't appear you have previous application information.
August 13, 2019
Robert K.
pres
July 23, 2019

“after the honeymoon”

OverallI was so hopeful and excited by the pitch and product potential. But just like romance, after the honeymoon you see what life with your partner is really like. You start looking elsewhere and think about a divorce because you can't take the excuses, the apathy, unreliability, extra time and effort that affects your productivity.
ProsIt has a great potential and lots of options included that others charge extra for.
Conssupport is like talking to a parrot. Like almost every technology and software company, they say the same thing over and over on why the functions don't work. Specifically the standard 'excuse' clear the cache is like the cure all. Yeah right...Why should you have to clear the cache everyday??? the other software doesn't require it. In fact I've almost never needed to clear the cache. HERE"s the supports favorite quote: "This is an intermittent issue, please complete the steps to clear your cache. Log out of EZlynx, clear your cache, close the browser and re-try accessing the forms."
July 23, 2019
Pramod N.
Business Analyst
October 17, 2018

“EzLynx is best companion for agency”

ProsEzLynx is best solution for any insurance agent who is growing. EzLynx helps agency to streamline his work, manage his customer data and generate more business by focusing more on marketing. It saves lot of agent's time and efforts. EzLynx offers seamless integration with many carriers and Agency Management Systems. Prompt Defaults are time-saver for those repeated questions for carriers. Exporting data from EzLynx to your AMS is as easy as simple click. In EzLynx, your customer data is stored securely and permanently unless you delete it explicitly. EzLynx is must have solution for any independent insurance agency which wants to grow soon and fast.
ConsCurrently carrier specific questions are scattered throughout all pages. They need to be streamlined more and should be placed at one place if possible.
October 17, 2018
Sagar R.
Subject Matter Expert
September 26, 2018

“Best all-in-one solution and rating sytem for agency”

OverallWhen I first started working for Insurance Agency, I used to fill up the customer data on every carrier website we represented manually and it used to take hours just to complete one quote for only handful carriers. Then came along EzLynx like a bliss. It was like a magic that time (in 2005) for us. What used to take 3-4 hours, we could do within just half an hour or less. Earlier EzLynx had its fair share of problems but their wonderful customer support always helped out us on every way. EzLynx also worked hard on improving system over years to perfect system, what it is as of today. My journey with EzLynx have been wonderful experience. It is must have system for all insurance agencies.
ProsEasy to use, navigate quote rating system. Supports most carriers and best integration with them. Good intergration with HawkSoft and other agency management systems.
ConsMust support more Line of Business quoting in Texas, like Dwelling Fire.
September 26, 2018
Rebecca D.
Processor and CSR
January 31, 2019

“Good rater - not many problems ”

OverallI prefer this rater to many others. It's better to call tech support with EZLynx than sending in a ticket through their automated reporting. This is a great tool that we are able to use to highly improve efficiency.
ProsThis rater makes my job a lot easier. I am able to put most rating information in the rater once and get quotes back from many companies. There are rarely any issues. We are able to set both agency and personal preferences and create templates to make the work faster.
ConsTech support tickets are not as fast as I'd like to see. I'd also like to be able to rate other lines of mono-line business such as rental dwellings or snowmobiles. I would like to not have their marketing for their database system in my face all the time when I log in. I would like an opt-out option.
January 31, 2019
andrew b.
Principle
October 10, 2019

“New update”

OverallNew update where if if customer has not lived at current address for 3 years at least you MUST put a prior address. I called to see if there is a way around and was told no. I explained that none of my carriers require a prior address if insured lived at current for at least 1 year. I was told it didn't matter. I asked for a supervisor and was told they would call or email but i haven't heard anything.
ProsThey have rates for all of my carriers .
ConsI do not like the new requirement that insured must have lived at current for at least 3 years or prior address MUST be listed. You cannot work around this even though None of my carriers require it.
October 10, 2019
Mary L.
Insurance, Self-employed
April 26, 2019

“I love EzLynx”

ProsEzLynx uploads my policies within 24 hours of issuance, keeps track of my book of business daily and I am able to get updated reports on renewals and cancellations very quickly. I can upload any accord form that is needed for an app into 1 document so that I can save the app within 1 document rather than filling out several accord forms into separate docs. I love that I can fill out the forms within there system so I don't have to do it all by hand, so that saves a lot of time for me.
ConsI do have carriers that don't upload directly into EzLynx yet so I have to manually insert policies myself in order to get a correct premium count for my annualized premium. They do have a lot of carriers that auto update, but I wish that they had every carrier in the insurance industry available.
April 26, 2019
Jim S.
Agency Owner
September 10, 2018

“Unable to Retrieve Basic Reporting/Metrics Info”

OverallCompetitive Rater = 100% satisfaction. AMS = 25% satisfaction.
ProsUp-front d/base for downloading/bridging into carrier systems...after that it's basically worthless from my experience.
ConsVirtually non-existent customer support with reporting problems; no one is empowered to do anything. Constant, repetitive reporting error messages. Unable to obtain the most basic metric data regarding my book of business despite purchasing the AMS reporting features. Numerous reported issues with inability to obtain metrics for MY DATA (housed in EZLynx) that I'm paying for that just die on the vine with no resolution after an initial interchange with customer support. No resolution.
September 10, 2018
Insurance, Unspecified
June 20, 2018

“Great features and online functionality.”

ProsThe mobile versions are great. I love the texting ability and all the text messages sync with the insureds file. The documents are amazing, you can even upload your own custom fillible PDF documents and EZLynx will prefill information such as client name, address, phone number, and many other sections.
ConsThe software is great but there are many needed features that have been suggested and the company has yet to implement them. The e-signature document setup will sometimes glitch and you will have to exit the process and start over.
June 20, 2018
Emily M.
Insurance, 10,001+ employees
April 20, 2017

“Great software!”

OverallI like Ezlynx. We just started to use this software, but I am really impressed! It is easy to use and very useful. It has a lot of features and saves a lot of my time! Not only I can input customer info and rate, I can upload files, I can create accord forms and send it via Email. It is all hosted in the cloud, so I can access Ezlynx anywhere and anytime. I especially love their customer service/tech support! They are very nice and helpful and respond really quick! Last time I called them, they solved my problem in 3 min! Overall, I love Ezlynx, and I would recommend this to anyone.
ProsIt is all hosted in cloud so I can access anywhere and anytime. It is very easy to use and very useful.
ConsNothing really.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you have any problems, use tech support/customer service. They are very helpful and they respond really quick.
April 20, 2017
Kelli W.
Agent
August 7, 2019

“Easy to use”

ProsI love that when you have leads that come in from a lead generator the information is automatically in EZlynx. We tried another comparative rater because they were priced lower but we switched back to EZlynx because it works much better.
ConsI am very happy with the software and we have used it for 15 years
August 7, 2019
September 26, 2019

“A decent product for independent personal lines insurance brokers”

OverallEzLynx was simple and easy to learn and use but we pivoted away from it as we increased the complexity of our products.
ProsOther management systems are more complex but simple and straightforward is an advantage for personal lines
ConsEzLynx didn't seam to be a good solution for commercial accounts and other complex insurance products.
September 26, 2019
Construction, 201-500 employees
August 3, 2018

“A step in the right direction but not completely there.”

ProsEZ Lynx has increased the productivity in our office significantly. The time it takes to quote a client is much better then our previous software. We also enjoy using the different tracking features to see how sales reps are doing and in calculating up their commission amounts each month. We also use the notes feature quite a bit to keep track of clients and where the last agent left off.
ConsEZ Lynx charged us a big conversion fee when we switched over. They also could improve features on a more timely manner. We've been asking for some improvements for years and every time they tell us it's a good idea but we never get a follow through.
August 3, 2018
Ryan M.
Insurance Agent
April 9, 2018

“Easiest software to use to rate multiple companies at once.”

OverallHuge time saver!
ProsThe functionality of this software is great. Being able to connect all of our companies and quote them all at once is a huge time savor.
ConsAt times, the quote process fails but typically we have found that this isn't the software but at times the insurance company we are working with.
April 9, 2018
Steve P.
Insurance Producer
August 8, 2019

“EZ Lynx”

OverallThis saves us a ton of time. We no longer need to go into each company's website to do quotes. We go to this website, and it is a one-stop shop to compare pricing initially.
ProsThis software makes comparative rating a breeze for insurance quoting purposes.
ConsThis product handles everything that we need it to.
August 8, 2019
August 15, 2019

“Not Perfect - But Definitely A Time Saver!”

ProsAs an independent agent, we represent about 20 different companies. EZLynx serves its purpose as a rater that allows us to get pricing for those companies with ease. I am generally able to get some pricing with all of my companies in about 3 minutes time.
ConsEZLynx allows customization of how you want to quote/information that is prefilled/etc. - but there are limitations. There are still instances of us having to enter information for every quote in which if there was a way for it to be prefilled that it would save a lot of time.
August 15, 2019
December 19, 2017

“Good product but could be improved”

ProsIt's a good organizational tool. It also is the quickest way to submit quote requests to multiple carriers.
ConsI wish that dwelling fire policies were easier to quote. I also wish that ezlynx could tell you when a policy was ineligible with a carrier.
December 19, 2017
Kim B.
May 29, 2019

“Rating system”

OverallI have been using it for 20+ years and it was a total upgrade from the old micro magic rating system
ProsVery self explanatory little or no guidance needed.
ConsSometimes the companies systems are down and you have to keep trying back
May 29, 2019
Insurance, 51-200 employees
November 19, 2018

“Using EZLynx”

ProsThe rater functionality is good with the Carriers that are available. There are also quite a few video tutorials available.
ConsI find the reporting section underwhelming and lacking proper definitions or assistance. Billing is confusing and not specific enough as to what you are paying for in larger organizations. Also the support is very slow. Responses can take days or longer.
November 19, 2018
Corey S.
Agency Manager
January 18, 2018

“Easiest multi rating system I have used”

OverallMakes getting multiply quotes at the same time way more easy!!
ProsStraight forward and user friendly. They have put more thought into this than a lot of the major carriers have. It is simple and leads from one page to the next.
January 18, 2018
Henry M.
August 1, 2019

“very easy to use and very helpful when extracting monthly reports ”

Overallkeeping track of progress
Prosstores information very good. reports are very helpful. email campaigns helps us grow
Consglitches in the system sometimes ..rarely
August 1, 2019
Mercy E.
Sales Producer
1-10 employees
February 8, 2018

“Fast and easy way to quote multiple carriers”

ProsEzLynx makes it easy to quote multiple carriers at once. Simply input customer into system once and done. Upon renewal if you want to requote simply update any new information and run again.
ConsSome carriers are not compatible so you have to quote them outside the platform.
Neal M.
August 6, 2019

“New user”

OverallExcellent
ProsUsed the management system along with the web site. The web site development team is fantastic!
ConsManagement system somewhat complicated, alot of videos to watch but easy to learn
August 6, 2019
Noah W.
Agent
July 29, 2019

“For the Record”

OverallThis product has made it easy to document Client data and actions in a way that can be easily called upon.
ProsCompared to products I have used for similar purposes, this has a much smoother upload process.
ConsSome other competitors products have fantastic bookkeeping software built-in.
July 29, 2019
Gabriel P.
Senior Territory Manager
Insurance, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2019

“Great but comes with a cost”

OverallEZLynx is a great rater for agencies that focus on more preferred lines of business if the agency writes more non-standard or standard the cost does not seem to weigh the benefit
ProsI love that there are many carriers that are available on the rater It's great that you can quote multiple products by just completing one quote The management system is very detailed and can help an agency manage their overall book of business very well Return rates are very accurate and really are only incorrect if the company does not return information correctly or purposely manipulates the rate
ConsThe rater is difficult to learn for new users but they have plenty of tutorials that help along the way The company does not shy away from the fact that they are one of the most expensive raters on the market
July 18, 2019
Travi Y.
Clcs
1-10 employees
November 22, 2017

“EZ Lynx”

Pros-Ability to add and quote multiple carriers -Ability to have multiple users in the office -Pretty simple to use
Cons-Sometimes difficult to use because questions are not all specific to carriers -Rates are not always correct -A tad bit slow
November 22, 2017
Cheri D.
October 8, 2019

“EZlynx”

OverallI think it is a good program but could be improved by only requiring info that is needed for quotes.
ProsI like that you can use this software as a management system AND use it for quoting within the system, as well.
ConsI think that the biggest con is that the amount of information that you need to enter seems excessive. It is time consuming to get quotes because you keep having to go back and enter in more info.
October 8, 2019
Rhonda C.
Account manager
September 30, 2019

“Not as good as it once was”

OverallNot bad, but the program could use a few short cuts.
ProsPrefills driver and vehicle information, it is easy to use once you learn all the fields that must be completed.
ConsThe cost, the amount of additional information you have to enter based on each company. I think a lot of the fields could be eliminated.
September 30, 2019
Donna D.
July 16, 2019

“Great Product easy to use”

ProsThis is a great rating system. The correct questions are asked upfront, so you don't have a lot of questions for each company when you get to the end.
ConsNo cons that I can remember from past use.
July 16, 2019
December 18, 2018

“Rating system has kinks.”

ProsInformation is easy to input and the software gives you prompts if you overlook something.
ConsThe rating is not always accurate and the discounts do not always come up.
December 18, 2018
Elaine S.
December 5, 2018

“EZLynx Review”

ProsI like that it allows you to attach files in the comments section as well as in the emails.
ConsThere is only one way to search for a company.
December 5, 2018
Jimmy G.
Branch iwner
December 6, 2016

“Very nice rater”

OverallBeen using ezlynx for 5 years and it has been a game changer. Some raters only give you access to auto but ezlynx lets you do both.
ProsVery intuitive.
ConsSometimes it doesn't rate and you don't know why.
Recommendations to other buyersUse tech support.
December 6, 2016
Michelle M.
July 26, 2016

“Transformed my agency”

OverallEZLynx is so easy to use. The UI is intuitive, the training is excellent and I actually love their tech-support. The features are robust and allow us to run our agency from a single platform.
July 26, 2016
Jason S.
Director of Marketing
August 26, 2019

“Reporting nightmare”

ProsIt works well for our service department.
ConsObtaining accurate reports is very difficult. They are often broken and will timeout during download. Trying to build a new report is even worse. The customer support for reporting is non-existent. As the marketing person for this agency, I need accurate reports that are easy to create. The data loss is literally stopping my job until our reporting issues are fixed.
August 26, 2019
Fred B.
April 22, 2019

“Worst customer service in the industry”

OverallI would highly recommend to try anyone but EZ lynx. Even if they are a little cheaper you will pull your hair out with their greatly sub standard service.....
Prosthe software is so so. The service is horrible, beware!
ConsThe customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered. They do not return calls, You can't get a live person. I have been trying to resolve a simple issue for over 2 months.
April 22, 2019
Darrell G.
Principal
April 16, 2019

“EZLynx review”

OverallThey system goes down a lot. They will tell you that they are doing update. Here's a solution do the updates when the agents close their office or on the weekends.
ProsYou have all the carriers on one site to do quotes.
ConsThe system is always down. Their excuse is that they are doing maintenance work on system.
April 16, 2019
Travis P.
Independent Insurance Agent
February 8, 2018

“EZlynx has its pros and cons, but I find it very useful for newer agents.”

OverallSaves time from inputting personal info into each carrier's system.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is that you input all of the client's information which is then seeded to each carrier.
ConsWhat I like least about this software is that sometimes the info you input doesn't translate well to the carrier site and therefore the rates are only accurate when you review from the carrier's website and finish the quote.
Nathaniel M.
January 5, 2019

“Shady sales tatics ”

OverallProbably one of the worst experiences I've dealt with. I was tricked into signing up based on the product they showed me. I later found out that I did not have the products that they showed in the demo. They are expensive add ons.
ProsHas a lot of potential to be a good system.
ConsSales team is extremely shady. They don't know the product well. They don't explain what are addons and what are included. Be very careful. Also, they are not organized and it's a huge mess when they start your setup.
January 5, 2019
Morgan H.
October 23, 2014

“2.0 is revolutionary”

OverallWe started with Ezlynx specifically for its realtime rater. When we needed a crm it was natural to just extend into ezlynx crm. Earlier this year they upgraded to version 2.0 of the crm. It is all hosted in the cloud, and it is very easy to use and has many powerful features. (and no, I don't work for ezlynx)
October 23, 2014
Michael S.
Producer
March 6, 2018

“This is the worst operating system I have EVER used.”

ConsNothing about ezlynx is simple. Our process has only been slowed down by using this system and good luck getting and real help from their team. It can't even get the protection class right more than half the time. Sending out an application? Maybe you'll finish it by tomorrow...
March 6, 2018
Oleg S.
November 11, 2015

“Awesome Software”

OverallThis product has saved me lots of time! The rates come in very close and some are dead on. And if I have any questions, they are always quick to respond. I would recommend EZLynx to anyone!
November 11, 2015
Adam M.
Insurance Producer
September 4, 2019

“Never worked properly”

ProsI love the concept of this product. The idea of receiving multiple quotes but only having to input information once is very appealing.
ConsIt never worked properly. I have used similar software in the past, and was never able to get this software to function correctly.
September 4, 2019