progeCAD Professional Ratings

Overall

About progeCAD Professional

progeCAD Professional - 2D/3D "AutoCAD Like" CAD system that will allow you to "Afford your Design". progeCAD uses AutoCAD DWG files, no need for conversion and the interface uses the same menus and commands, no learning curve for AutoCAD users. Just 1/10th the Price, An easy replacement for AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT. Add-ons for Land Development, Architecture, HVAC/Piping, Structural, etc. Learn more about progeCAD Professional

Civil Engineering, 501-1000 employees
October 28, 2018

“"Extraordinary CAD programming for individuals on a financial plan."”

OverallI prescribe it in the event that you require a decent CAD programming and can't manage the cost of auto miscreant, I genuinely trust that it can take care of business, it has a few issues as generally programming. We utilized cad program while having issues with auto cad (generally because of expenses) and it worked ponders, it such a great amount of less expensive than it and it works extremely comparable.
ProsAs an auto cad visit client I can state that utilizing cad program is much the same as utilizing auto-cad, it is a great substitute at a moderate cost. It has extraordinary working highlights a decent interface that make working with it extremely comfortable. For somebody on the spending it is a stunning CAD choice.
ConsIt has some similarity issues; a portion of our customers who work with auto cad report that they nearly need to change over the attracting for them to utilize it. Likewise when working with medium to huge illustrations it can crash. It has indistinguishable issue from auto cad that it very well may overpower when learning it, there are such a large number of directions that accomplishing something as basic as a hover requires for 3 or 4 stages. We utilized cad program while having issues with auto cad (generally because of expenses) and it worked ponders, it such a great amount of less expensive than it and it works extremely comparable.
October 28, 2018
Luis L.
Ingeniero de servicio técnico
June 26, 2018

“Best replacement for autocad I have found.”

OverallI really love progecad, it's compatibility with autocad makes it an excellent replacement, since we haven't had any type of issues with the drawings we have generated with progecad when we submit them to our clients running autocad
ProsProgecad is cheaper than most cad softwares and it is incredibly complete. It has amazing compatibility with DWG files, which make opening autocad projects on progecad (or visceversa) a really streamlined process.
ConsI haven´t found any type of issues with this software, it works great as a replacement for autocad and it is way cheaper.
June 26, 2018
Kanav R.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2018

“A good software”

OverallBest software for fresh architects, no need to buy expensive software because it's a great alternative to the autoCAD and other expensive software
ProsI think it is a good software, After using it over 2 years now i can say that it's a good software for fresh architects who cannot buy some expensive software. it is almost like autoCAD and it also support all DWG files.
ConsEverything is good about this software except few things like it tends to freeze sometime other than that it's a good software
September 17, 2018
April 13, 2018

“Great Autocad Substitute”

OverallIt is a great alternative to autocad, it looks and works almost the same way. It can be buggy but it's much cheaper than autocad, so for someone on a budget is a great option,
ProsFor someone looking for an alternative to autocad, progecad is a great option, since they work almost the same, so if you invested the time required to master autocad it shouldn't be an issue working with progecad, which overall is an excellent 2D and 3D drawing tool.
ConsIt can be really buggy, my computer tends to freeze a lot more than when working with autocad (which is a really power demanding software). It has the same issue as autocad, it can be overwhelming at first.
April 13, 2018
Woody M.
Designer
October 11, 2010

“Best of CAD software”

OverallWe highly recommend ProgeCAD for any architectural or design office and especially for smaller offices where low software overhead contributes to competitiveness and where ease of use and productivity become so personal to the users.
ProsProgeCAD (architectural) has the features, interface and document portability of similar CAD software yet the cost is much more affordable; especially for small entrepreneurs. We have used ProgeCAD for five years with clients who use AutoCAD and similar software and have experienced only minute compatibility issues. Our ability to keep our software current and to compete in the marketplace is enhanced by the attractive pricing of ProgeCAD. Support by the software developer, resellers and an enthusiastic user community is of very good quality and highly appreciated especially when one gets into customization.
ConsProgeCAD is less well-known (although that is changing) and is often unfairly disparaged by those who have invested in vastly more expensive CAD software.
October 11, 2010
Jacques C.
senior eng.

“Happy casual user”

OverallI'm just an electronician that needs to draw some mechanical parts, enclosures, front panels,..etc. I've tried the demos of about a dozen of similar softwares. This one offers the best results and performances for your bucks ! At less than the tenth of AutoCAD it delivers almost all its functions, and -at least for me- it covers 150% of my needs. On top of it, the pdf importer let me get accurate drawings out of the manufacturers' datasheets : I use this feature all the time. Last but not least : I was able to use say 85% of ProgeCAD features after a mere 5 hours of work.
ProsInterface easy to use Interface very complete Steep learning curve Nice documentation Pretty fast, even with large drawings Usefull pdf import into dxf When it crashes (rarely) you loose nothing. All your work is recoverable.
ConsDocumentation, although very usefull, is outdated (version 9 only) Sometimes crashes to desktop (non repetable though), say once a week. BUT I'm not absolutely sure it's not Windoze's fault (I only have this with Vista, not with XP sp3)
George B.
October 4, 2010

“G Bryan review of progeCAD 2010 Professional”

OverallThe program has features I have not used. For the features I have used, I find the product usable and would recommend it to other users.
ProsAnyone familiar with AutoCAD will be comfortable with the commands used in progeCAD. The files can be shared with AutoCAD by using the export command - something I learned by trial and error. It has a good price and an excellent feature/cost ratio. Customer service was very helpful when I first started using the program in the 30-day trial period and during the purchase and registration process.
ConsProgeCAD runs a slower with large files such as those containing images or contours. The issue is acknowledged in the user help files that suggests it helps to turn off the big layers. I find some differences in booting the program by double-clicking a dwg files, opening the program icon or clicking a shortcut icon. The program sometimes becomes non-responsive and requires a computer restart.
Michael D.
October 6, 2010

“progeCAD for shop drawings”

OverallI would recommend it to anyone looking for Autocad compatibility for a fraction of the cost.
ProsThe cost of progeCAD definitely beats out Autocad. Its features are comparable. And it writes DWG files, so drawings can be exchanged with Autocad users. I have been using another, cheaper cad program, DesignCad, which is great, but had its limitations. ProgeCAD is far more feature rich. It is also very easy to purchase online. And a single license allows you to install on a desktop and a laptop.
ConsFor me, there was a bit of a learning curve from the other program I had been using, but that is to be expected - it has more features. I would like to see parametric capabilities built into the program.
Daniel A.
October 4, 2010

“Rreasonable Alternative for Budget Minded Professionals”

OverallThis is the software I would recommend to someone needing a full power drafting solution but not willing or able to meet the high cost of Autodesk products.
ProsThe low price combined with the full fetures: I have used AutoCAD for years but when I was laid off and went start my own business at the first of the year I didn't have $4000-$8000 to put down on software, this product does what I need with much lower initial cost.
ConsA small learning curve: this product is not identical to AutoCAD and there are some commands and functions that are referenced differently, but that is to be expected.
Eric B.

“Reviewer of Proge CAD”

OverallI would like to see more hatch patterns. (architectural standard patterns) the more the better. This could be a good selling point for Proge CAD. I would be happy to send you a PDF of some examples of my work.
ProsThe thing I like about Proge CAD is that I was able to learn it's operating functions right away. I also like that fact that I am able to creat PDF files of my work. The cost for Proge CAD was a big bonus for me in deciding to purchase it. I look forward to hearing about any new innovations that Proge CAD is doing.
ConsI would like to see more creative hatch patterns.
Richard S.

“AutoCad - ProgeCAD”

OverallI believe it is a good solid program. Most of my work is 2D so can't really give a good account of the 3D capabilities of the program.
ProsI had used Acad from 1984 until the late 90's when I could no longer afford it and switched to ProgeCAD. For my purposes, ProgeCAD does everything I have asked of it. Any problems that I have had, have been taken care of by support personnel. I do not hesitate to recommend it to others.
ConsThere have been a few bumps in the road, mainly with printing and printers. These problems have been solved with the help of the support group.
Roberto V.
mr
October 5, 2010

“Proud to be among the oldest tester”

OverallAn absolute must to try. The best testimonial is progecad by itself
ProsLet me state that my reference point is Autocad. Then, progecad is every time closer to the target, satisfying almost all important requirement. Remember now that the support people are always (at least for me) available to answer the worst question a human being could think about. Every problem I faced, I never been alone.
ConsIf you are looking for autocad, you need autocad.
Volker Z.
October 5, 2010

“Couldn't be better! (or maybe but I don't know, yet)”

OverallSee above, I can only say it again, very impressive with all needed help and support.
ProsIt is so refreshing to see an excellent competition to AutoCad at an effordable price, specially in our current economical situation. No problems encountered,it work flawlessly and that on a vertual computer (MacPro). I am very impressed and would recommend it to anybody. Volker Zinser
ConsDon't know of any.
Ralph M.
President/Owner
October 4, 2010

“progeCAD does almost everything AutoCAD does, cheaper”

OverallBuy progeCAD, it is a good program and I wish the developers well.
ProsProvides advanced CAD power at very reasonable price. Does not have 'big company' attitude. Allows 'little people' who cannot afford AutoCAD to still do advanced CAD.
ConsI believe that AutoCAD now offers dynamic linking to Excel spreadsheets - a very useful feature. As far as I know, this requires an additional (purchased) program for progeCAD.
Glen M.

“Archtect / end user”

OverallGiven the price, the features, the ability to customize, and ease of use, I give ProgeCAD a five-star rating. I have been using IntelliCAD products for over 13 years.
ProsEasy to customize. Recognizes .MNU, Lisp, and other common file formats in CAD software. Very competitive price given the features ProgCAD offers compared with other high-end CAD software products.
ConsAn occasional glitch in plotting, but nothing serious.
Jim L.
Principal Engineer

“6 months and counting”

OverallI will continue to use Progecad even when my company budget allows more expensive software. I have been very impressed overall.
Prosnearly seamless usage for those with Acad proficiency; great price; loads and runs more efficiently than Acad (great for mobile workstation use); lots of features, can even do some 3D layout work.
Consdifficult to get answers sometimes; limited tech support; had to re-install to overcome one problem
D.Gary J.
VP Construction Operations & IT

“DGJ Rating”

OverallSaving money and no learning curve should interest any company.
ProsI switched from AutoCAD to ProgeCAD simply because of the price difference, however, much to my and the company's surprise, it works like an absolute charm. No learning curve required and very little difference to the AutoCAD version I/we had been using.
ConsThey are perhaps half a step behind AutoCAD.
Dwayne S.
Owner/Sole Proprietor
October 4, 2010

“ProgeCAD is The Best Value for Small Business”

OverallThis is awesome software, and is for the most part, the same as AutoCAD, but much cheaper. The few cons listed above, at least in 2009 version, would hold me back from recommending it on a large scale to a large enterprise with dozens or more CAD seats.
ProsGreat Price, very compatible with other leading .DWG software, very familiar user interface and commands.
ConsGraphics display/driver issues, redraw issues, snapping issues
Tony B.

“Proge Cadd Review”

OverallI would recommend progecad to anyone it is perfect fit for a very reasonable price. Why would you pay more.
ProsWorks with the guys that use autocadd There is no learning curve for autocadd users Most of the commands are the same as the other guys The cost is very reasonable for what you are able to do.
ConsThere are a few commands that I would like to see.
Helen W.
October 4, 2010

“Powerful program, pleasant price.”

OverallThis is great, why use anything else?
ProsWorks like AutoCAD, easy to import/export to other people's CAD systems, had one glitch but the software support was right there, and the price is right.
ConsI have to keep explaining that my software can handle the documents people want me to work with even though they haven't heard of ProgeCAD.
Clarence M.
big kahuna

“bangs for the buck”

Overallvery good product for the money.
ProsIt works just like AutoCAD but at a price that the small business man can afford. Allows me to take work back and forth from my other job as well.
ConsHas a tendency to write over a dxf as adwg and then you have to alter the name to get it back to dxf but like I said it works like AutoCAD.
David D.
Owner/ Sole member

“Excellent value”

OverallIf you need design software for residential and commercial design needs, buy this.
ProsAutocad clone for 1/10th the cost of autocad!!!! Autodesk should be ashamed if that were only possible! All the features one needs to design projects and present solutions to clients.
ConsTutorials need to be more comprehensive for new users (those not familiar with autocad).
Geoff L.
Principal Engineer
September 15, 2017

“As a substitute for Autocad, the interface is virtually identical, but it is FULL of bugs”

Prossimilar to AutoCad so the transition is very easy so what else is there to like -I was looking for an AutoCad substitute.
ConsWith a modest size drawing, the program will often just freeze up, requiring use of the task manager to shutdown the app. I had scripts that ran fine in AutoCad but fall over with ProgeCad because of unsupported commands. Printing can be a pain.
September 15, 2017
Charles D.
Director of Engineering
October 4, 2010

“progeCAD fulfills my needs”

OverallI'd recommend progeCAD for users with everyday needs.
ProsprogeCAD fulfills my needs on an everyday basis at a VERY competitive price that AutoCAD cannot come close to matching.
ConsThe most recent revision of progeCAD (10.0.10.8) is unstable and I have had to revert back to the previous version (10.0.6.23).
JIM S.
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT

“autoCAD LT convert”

OverallSo far, so good. The company is user friendly and has a sense of humor.
ProsIt essentially offers more features than ACAD LT at half the price.
ConsNone really, except a mild learning curve with some features due to prolonged ACAD usage. Once I get comfortable I think it will be 5 star across the board.
James W.
Mechanical Engineer

“Works for me”

OverallI would recommend ProgeCad to others. It helps me get my projects finished on time...at a fraction of the cost!
ProsWorks for me.
ConsLisp use could be expanded. Alias designation would be great if I could edit a text file list instead of editing each single alias within the program. User configuration could be expanded.
Ed H.
P.Eng.

“HPE progeCAD review”

OverallExcellent affordable product with good support.
ProsExcellent product, operates like "traditional" CAD, but with latest features. The trial version provide an excellent introduction. More stable than other Intellicad versions tested.
ConsCan't think of any.
Michael R.
Managing Member

“ProgeCAD 2009 Review”

OverallI have 6 or more CAD programs installed on my computer. This is the only one I recommend.
ProsExcellent choice for anyone who needs a full function CAD program. With a very affordable price, there is no other product that compares.
ConsNone that I have found.
Steven B.
Owner/Drafter

“ProgeCAD Review”

OverallGreat application for cad. It works well for any type of 2D drawing I create.
ProsPros: The price is affordable. If you have been trianed to use AutoCad you will find familar features. Import - export capability is great.
ConsCons: Especially for the price, absolutely none.
Patrick R.
Independent Consultant
October 4, 2010

“Progecad 2010 Review Submitted 10-04-2010”

OverallVery happy with performance and results for everyday use, especially at the price point it can be obtained.
ProsVery compatible with Autocad 2007 commands & Icons
ConsCurrently cannot cut & paste a 3D model on to a different drawing in 2D space With UCS turned to View on both.
Charlie B.
Project engineer

“Review”

OverallI use only a small subset of the many features; they all work very well.
ProsLess expensive than AutoCAD, no re-training required. I like the PDF-to-DXF functionality.
ConsOne in a while it locks up, I restart the app, it's ok.
Richard N.
Applications Specialist

“Ease of use”

OverallI give ProgeCAD 2010 a 9.5 out of 10.
ProsUsed AutoCAD for many years, switched to ProgeCAD in 2006 due to price and very close functionality of ProgeCAD. Very short learning curve.
ConsSome problems with Canon printer drivers.
Mathias H.
Electronics engineer
October 4, 2010

“Get what you need for a deal”

OverallJust what you need if you want to do your 3D mechanical construction without spending k$s!
Prosreal 3D CAD for a quite reasonable price
ConsIt would need some more export features (as of 2008) and standard updating should be free.
Peter C.
drafstman

“It's a Good Program”

OverallIt works for me!!
ProsGood program for the price. Easy adjustment from auto cad to ProgeCAD Can open up drawings from other programs with out a lot of problems
ConsHalf to call for number when I purchase a new computer.
Matt G.
Sales Engineer

“Review of ProgeCad”

OverallThis product is ideal if you only do a small amount of CAD drafting and don't want to spend a ton of money. If you are going to be drafting all day as your primary role, it may not be the program you want.
ProsIt is very affordable and serves for basic CAD needs. The support was very good and we were able to move the software from one computer to another when the original computer had a hard drive failure.
ConsThe software crashes frequently. Save OFTEN. There are not as many keyboard shortcuts as other CAD programs. Some operations take longer.
Donald W.

“ProgeCAD beats AutoCAD”

OverallGreat product and value.
ProsProgeCAD beats AutoCAD in my book. Performs all the tasks I need at a much more attactive price. Customer support is much better as well, a bit plus!
ConsHaven't found any!
Daniel R.
Sales

“Great product!”

OverallI have recommended this product to others as an autocad replacement.
ProsAffordable, easy to use and the "Help" is great. PDF conversion included in the program.
ConsPrint preview isn't quite like autocad.
Dan M.
Projects Manager

“Why Choose ProgeCAD”

OverallBetter product than AutoCAD
ProsCost for Pro is less than $500 - AutoCAD is in the thousands Ease of Use - No Training Curve Faster startup and Deploy
ConsOccasionally crashes with more than 3 CADs open
Bryce H.
owner/user
November 5, 2010

“test-one”

OverallIf one does not have $4 or 5 grand to keep AutoCAD rich I suggest this instead.
Prosaffordable by most anyone
Conshave not found any yet
November 5, 2010
Kenneth S.

“Good product”

OverallIf you need a full feature 2D CAD program, save 90% and buy progeCAD.
ProsGreat price, wide range of import/export formats.
ConsNone that I've run in to.
George B.
Mr

“ProgeCAD Review”

OverallIt is a very good AutoCAD look alike and considering the cost worth putting up with the bugs.
ProsA nice match with AutoCAD Lt 2000 which I have been using for years.
ConsThe program has a lot of bugs compared to AutoCAD 2000. I am bumping into little things all the time. Some of them are time consuming to work around. The ProgeCAD US web site is the most obtuse site I have ever had to deal with.
Victor R.
Architect/Owner

“Constant Improvement”

OverallHighly recommended.
ProsThe Program has gotten better and better over the years.
ConsSometimes a little slow to respond on the tech questions.
whitte m.
architect
November 9, 2015

“I understand how to work with CAD”

OverallU should try one
November 9, 2015
Jacques W.

“Simtek Comment”

Overallgood price / quality
Proseasy to use exporting to pdf works great
Conssome actions have italian instructions
Ted H.
Design Engineer
October 5, 2010

“Quality with Value ProgeCAD”

OverallFor an old-timer like me ProgeCAD is an ideal tool to indulge my creativity. It's easy to learn especially if you have used AutoCAD before.
ProsAfter a lifetime using AutoCAD found ProgeCAD easy and quick to pick up at a fraction of the price.
ConsThere are a number of 'quirks' which are frustrating but I've found a way round them and the finished result is good.
Thomas G.

“trgreview”

OverallI would definitely recommend this product
Prosease of use and great price
Consnone of any significance
Geoffrey B.

“Review of progecad”

OverallWhat I need
ProsAS good as Autocad, costs a fraction of the price
ConsOnly the methods that autocad uses too
Robert L.
Pres

“Cadrpt”

OverallFully recommend.
ProsA good value. Easy to use. Reasonably priced.
ConsNeed to adjust to new button locations.
Manuel M.

“Principal”

OverallExcellent.
ProsReally excellent program.
ConsAs time time I haven't found any negative related with ProgeCad
Paul K.

“ProgeCad Pro 2010”

OverallICADsales is very helpful when you need help.
ProsWorks great.
ConsHaven't had any real problems yet.