CLIPitc Ratings

Overall
3.8/5
3.6/5
3.7/5

About CLIPitc

CLIPitc includes job costing, scheduling, routing, estimates, billing, and a mobile app. That means you can spend much less time wading through paperwork and more time with your family. We've been in the industry for over 30 years and created our own lawn care company to test our software. We know how to make you more successful. Our seamless integrations with QuickBooks and Google Maps allows you to use your tools better than ever before! We have a 30-day FREE, no risk trial available. Learn more about CLIPitc

Adam T.
February 1, 2019

“Overall a great value for the money”

OverallMy overall experience has been slightly above neutral. The last year of being with clip has been pretty smooth sailing and am glad I stuck it out. That being said I have been with ClipItc for approximately 3 years the first 2 years were rough. Waiting for help and fixes for issues causing horrible billing issues. I was forced to contact tech support for extensive help at the end of every billing cycle and for other issues mid month. They kept helping me along. I didn't know wether to stick it out with clip or give up on the program . I lost of hours in the office I will never get back. I felt as though I was the only customer having issues with the system. And very well may have been. Though tech support helped I continues having the same problems every month where lots of my past payments would become unapplied to invoices in quickbooks every time i transferred invoices and would spend an entire day reapplying past payments before I could print accurate invoices for customers. This led to customer balance issues in clip as well as in quickbooks. It got so bad to where I seemed to be ignored from tech support and they did not seem to know how to fix my problem. As time continued I decided to open a brand new paid account and reloaded/entered all my information. Though this seemed to be a lot more work for a program that seemed to have a lot of bugs it paid off. After doing this I have had slim to no issues with the program. I feel as though tech support should have been...
ProsA central program that offers billing, job tracking and routing soulutions. Must haves for the industry.
ConsWhile there seems to still be an occasional glitch I haven't had anything crucial fail or glitch since a major overhaul on my program. The least I would link to lack of written information and help. Most help has to be gotten directly from customer support. Which most of the time answers very promptly. There is some published materials on functions and features but they are very vague. Would like to see a handbook or digital hand book covering the entire program. Formulas on how things are calculated. Definitions of headings. And uses for features and functions. It would be nice to have a complete reference for everything.

By CLIP Software on February 12, 2019
Thanks for the review Adam!

“My Review”

OverallAt first it was awful! SO much to learn because it's totally different mindset than ClipXE. Very frustrated with servers going out while crews are out working.. plowing.. But once I have learned how to do something, then I really like what it does. It is a good program for the money. Technicians are very polite. Especially our reps.
ProsI like that I do not have to print toutes sheets anymore and we can use the tablet. I like being able to separately Invoice, delete Invoices, Re-create them, email them. I lie that I can print customer history to show customers where their payments have been applied. I like that I can edit employee times and see the hours easily. Once I learn more I like it more.
ConsIt is soooo slooowww recording work manually. Each click is at least 7-10 seconds or more. I miss being able to just click and go. That takes a very very very long time to fix errors, to add or remove employees from the recorded jobs... awful. I don't like how in some instances , when choosing employees ALL OF the employees show up. THat's a HUGE list to scroll through. No need for the on hold employees to show up ever unless that box is checked. I don't like that the customer does not see their check numbers or CC last 4 digits, and dates on their invoices when paid. It has taken me a long time to get used to everything. Nut as I get better it gets easier and I can enjoy the benefits. The tutorials do not have a whole lot of information. Very basic soI alway have to ask for help. I don't like not having phone calls anymore. And the wait time because we are on a different time zone... I've also run into problems on the Tablet with one or more employees doing the same crew at different jobs. There is no way to clock into a crew when someone else is using it.. I have to have them text me the times and manually enter them. We need to be able to do that. The Crew Position does not work very well at all... very delayed and sometime doesn't even find the crew. Estimating is complicated. No way to record all the plants without showing the cost.. or adding the cost. Jobs with materials / installations-should be much easier and calculate for you like projects did.

steven b.
General Manager
Law Enforcement, 11-50 employees
February 10, 2017

“CLipITC is really buggy”

OverallWe are a medium sized lanscape company with a pool service division. Sales are just over $2million a year, so we are i assume a medium sized business. We used clip desktop and it was fine, quirky, but fine. Switching to cloud based ITC has been a real headache. The routing is utterly useless above 22 jobs per day. we have small properties so we service about 30 per day and have to manually route every time, if we are rained out or for any reason cant complete a route, you have to manually reroute every time. The reporting is not very good. it records times on jobs for service (crews use tablets and the mobile app), but it falls short in that it will not calculate any averages, and there is no way to update budget hours from actual past times. When the crew gets their work list only the customers name shows up, no address. they have to open the job to get the address. this is not good with a new driver, or if a crew has to fill in or cover another crews route. There is no way to assign individual billing rated to pattern program jobs, We charge different rates for pruning, mulching, chemical application, irrigation startups and shutoffs, etc. When we set up a pattern program (pattern program is any recurring job done for many customers), there is no where to set up pricing. so after setting up a program (weed control for example) we have to go back into all several hundred customers and open every round and set price on every one... this is a few thousand entries when it should only be one. The make updated and all of a sudden options are no longer available, things no longer work, the way different areas of the program interact change. there is never any notification of this, you just find out when trying to use it and the way you used to do something no longer works. What makes it worse is sometimes it affects the way it exports to quick books. we almost lost in billing one month because it changed the way it exports and required us to go in and change the rounds setup. we didn't find out until the end of the month when statements were supposed to go out,the office manager had to pull an all nighter to fix it and get billing out on time. there is no longer any way to apply or compare employees time to time on jobs. You could do that in desktop clip, and it was extremely useful to find missing punches, times, etc, and saved us from missing tens of thousands a year in missed billing. Feels like it is in beta
ProsThe potential for a great program is there.
ConsIt is quirky and constant buggy issues. The need more thorough testing and input from contractors.
Recommendations to other buyersHopefully it will develop into a great program, but for now it lacks that last 10% to be great, for now is is mediocre.
February 10, 2017
Todd H.
February 1, 2019

“Clip ITC from a practical point of view”

OverallIt is the only thing I have found that meets my core need, there are some others that claim to have it but I have not been able to verify it before committing to it. ClipITC has a free trial so you know what you are buying upfront. Support has improved over the desktop version because they are available on-line with ClipITC. I wish some of the additional features were a little more robust but the core function of the product is rock soild. That is why I want those other features to develop more since I depend on the scheduling software so much.
ProsClipitc is one of the few programs that has granular scheduling to this level. Most service software is designed for appliance repair dispatch and perhaps minimal reoccurring scheduling ability. This program has incredible flexibility in setting up schedules that are needed in the lawn and landscape industry.
ConsIt has a lot of add-on features that whet your appetite but is not fully functional. I believe they will develop it and or fix it. The desktop version has been developed over decades and built on a very old data base. I believe rather than fix this, Sensible Software decides Cloud-based development was the future. As a result, they are slowly but surely recreating the software on this new platform. This was the right call but some of the reports, estimating and such are not complete or as robust. It will get there. The benefit of the cloud-based is you do get all the enhancements when they happen versus a desk top application.

By CLIP Software on February 12, 2019
Thanks for the review Todd!
Carolyn W.
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2018

“Excellent customer service”

OverallVery positive. I have had to have contact with a technician and on several occasions each time I was provided very prompt and excellent customer service. They understood the urgency of my needs and contacted me right away and walked me through the process to fix the problem. Then, each time Customer service agent followed up to make sure all was running correctly. He is an excellent representative for CLIP. I know we are just a small company/user but, he made me feel like we were important and matter to him. And, my contact with him each time was very very early in the morning hours. He understood the urgency and took care of the matter.
ProsScheduling; keeping history of what the customer has had for services etc. Very quick and efficient method of scheduling customer's services.
ConsI need to learn more about routing etc. We are a lawn care business and sometimes our customers want certain services in the Spring and then again in the Fall. I cannot schedule two services within one season without deleting one from the customer's programs. I also wished that all notes etc. could be carried over to the following year. At this time the only recourse I know of to start a new season; is to delete all programs and re-enter in new. I have to do this each season and we have lots of customers; very time consuming. Maybe I don't know all the tricks of the trade.

By CLIP Software on September 7, 2018
Thank you very much for the review Carolyn!
September 6, 2018
Linda P.
Administrator

“CLIP REVIEW”

OverallI find that while the customer service people are knowledgeable, it takes entirely too long to receive a response or help. Many times I'm sent articles or links to the manual. By the time I contact support, I've already tried to find the answer in the manuals. I have told them of several changes and issues in CLIP and they turf me off to, "submit it as a suggestion." Last year we went through hell. They encouraged me in the beginning of the year to convert to clip online. I submitted my data for conversation. It came back so many times wrong and incomplete. I had already converted over to QB online. After so many attempts, I was told that it's too early for existing customers to convert over to online, too many issues. It took weeks of work to get the data back right and to undo all the work that was done. I didn't even receive an I'm sorry or a credit for all my time wasted. It has been typical of the support I have received for the last 10 plus years.
ProsThey added QB to their program. For so many years we used special invoicing. It was a nightmare.
ConsNeeds several kinks worked out. One of the most important things is to have QB sync back to CLIP. Because we are unable to do this, it creates a lot of discrepancies.

By CLIP Software on February 5, 2019
Thanks for the review Linda. I'm very sorry that you've had trouble in the past with conversion. We'll be reaching out soon to discuss what we could have done better for you during that process.
Bryce M.
Operations Manager
January 30, 2019

“Still Working Out The Kinks”

OverallI enjoyed working with the customer support. They were friendly and helpful. If they didn't know the answer they would report it to someone else who would get it. However, there were a couple times where it was multiple weeks before we got any responses back about why we couldn't do certain things. I think Clipitc is a good company and is working towards getting more established. Overall, we just need something reliable all the time, and I am not sure Clipitc is at that point yet. Once the bugs are fixed, I think it will be great. I like the setup of the website and screens, etc.
ProsThe best part of this software was the specific design for the lawn care industry. It was usable and functional for routing and scheduling jobs.
ConsThis software had a lot of good intentions with the different features and functions. The problem was the bugs were still being worked out with each different feature. One of the most difficult "bugs" we encountered was with the invoicing. There were multiple times where our invoices didn't sync through to quickbooks. From there it was really difficult to find them. If there are glitches with invoicing, we feared that we were losing some of our valuable invoices and we couldn't risk missing out on all that completed work.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Bryce!
Tracy C.
Maintenance Assistant
Accounting, 11-50 employees

“CLIP ITC”

OverallThe support team is very pleasant to work with. Response time could improve some. If billing and Reporting features could be improved, the ratings would go up.
ProsClip ITC Mobile App - Saves a lot of manual entry Routing feature - Allows us to group all jobs for one customer and gives of visibility to how we've scheduled routes and easily identify where we as a company need to make chages
ConsBilling feature - Has been a challenge. Sometimes sales tax is not added to an invoice/statement. Sometimes the date field for the service comes out blank when trying to do invoices and it won't show up on Invoice. I have to delete the line item and re-add to get it to show up on invoice. The statement on the billing "Overpayment" Has confused and upset some of our customers when we've asked for 50% upfront. We have lost several customers due to the CLIP ITC billing problems. We've lost some credibility due to billing issues.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Tracy!
David W.

“Great Product!”

OverallClip has been great. As a small company I was concerned with the expense, but it more than pays for itself with the time saved in the office. On top of that it allows for easier expansion in other areas of my business. Support has been great to help us learn and implement the software.
ProsClip took my billing from 3-4 days of work to 3 hours, with some daily work done by others who usually did paperwork, but now enter it in clip. The support is great, they always work quickly to answer questions or resolve issues. The staff is very personable also. They are able to revert back to previous data. (I needed this once when I messed up) Now our data is in place in real time instead of waiting for the paperwork to come in!
ConsThere are a few "wish list" items that I would like to see, but no major issues with the product. One thing I would like expanded is the web portal and adding functionality for my company to upload its own files for customers to see. Oh yeah, if they could fix the repeating special characters when linking to QB, but not a big problem

By CLIP Software on February 11, 2019
Thanks for the review David!
Peter M.
GM
Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees

“Love CLIP”

OverallAgain, I have not used "itc" but considering I kept getting the survey request I decided to tell you about CLIP in general, and the great group of guys in tech support I have worked with over the years.
ProsI have not used CLIPitc, but have used CLIP Desktop for 20 years. It was at the time the best as I had reviewed all available options for software. I still believe it to be the best. The ability to manipulate the workbank at billing, as well create powerful merge reports are some of my favorite features. Also the ability to quickly reformat route sheets and manually order them is great. Recording work, payments, and billing all take minimal time. CLIP is a major time saver.
ConsI used the billing version and the fact that billing periods close and cannot be adjusted causes some issues.

By CLIP Software on February 5, 2019
Thanks for the review Peter!
Paul K.

“Time Saver Alert!”

OverallI have been using CLIPitc for a few years and enjoying the ease of scheduling, routing, and invoicing all combined into one platform. I have been very happy with the amount of time it has saved me, and allowed me to be more accurate in the functions listed above.
ProsI loved the fact that I can just make a few clicks and then "BAM!" --- My invoices are automatically generated in QuickBooks! It also helps that scheduling is no longer a nightmare. This software has ALL of the different configurations of scheduling that difficult customer. Customer service is there when you need them when there is a hiccup to walk you through.
ConsI wish it would "Memorize" the routes on a consistent basis. Some of my routes get memorized fine, which makes for faster scheduling but others do not.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Paul!
Jeff C.
VP, Maintenance
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

“CLIP Review”

OverallWe like the mobile app and its possibilities but sometimes miss the CLIPXE and its reliable performance.
ProsI really like how the program can route the order and optimize the list. I also like the ability to determine whether a job or customer is profitable or not and the mobile app.
ConsThere are many redundant "boxes" that have to be checked or the figures will not be correct, like taxes and putting customers on hold. The mobile app has many glitches and problems. Some problems are two crews cannot be entered into the same truck list even on different dates at the same time and sometimes the phone/program does not take the info entered by the crew. Meaning they punch in their times but does not get back to the assistants desktop.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Jeff!
Amber S.
January 29, 2019

“Great base, if kinks get worked out.”

OverallWe are able to track employee times to make sure they being efficient at each job and are getting to the next job in a timely manner. The crew can enter the materials used during the job. However, we have had a lot of issues again, with taxing and we've also had a few times where we get kicked out of the system continuously and can't stay logged in. The support is pretty good once you get a response. Response time can sometimes be an hour to a day.
ProsThe ability to track employees times and automatically total the bill based on per hour jobs. The ability to get customer requests to the crew through the app. The live chat option is nice.
ConsIt's a little complicated to learn. There are certain customizations that should be simpler to make, but require 3 steps. There have been many issues with the invoices transferring properly to Quick Books, especially taxing and sometimes not even knowing invoices have been stuck in the transfer.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Amber!
Herm W.
Landscape Manager
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
December 11, 2018

“CLIP ITC Review”

OverallOne of the main issues we have had is making sure all of the data from the field is properly entered into Clip. With the real time entries on the mobile app this is no longer an issue. We used ITC in the file last season and are now using the app for over twenty crews in our snow operation.
ProsWe have been a client of Clip software for over fifteen years. The support at Clip has always one of their strengths. As we move into cloud computing Clip does not disappoint. As with any program that is evolving there are issues which are quickly handled and resolved. I am really excited about where the Team at Clip is headed with their ITC product. The ITC product is easy for our staff to use both in the field and in the office. We look forward to lessening our dependance on paper and minimizing data entry mistakes because of the real time recording of tasks performed.
ConsIn our application an ability for two crews to enter data on the same route at the same time is desirable. Currently that is not available on the mobile app.

By CLIP Software on December 14, 2018
Thanks for the awesome review Herm!
December 11, 2018
JOSEPH L.
Chemicals, Self-employed
February 1, 2019

“Easy Quick Functionality ”

OverallIt solves any routing issues you have by linking to google. It just makes its simple. Were excited to be part of the clip family and look forward to growing with them.
ProsClip Software was just easy to set up and with the added benefits of tutorials to walk you through it getting everything set up was simple. The reports you can run are amazing. They really help you make easy business decisions. There customer service is just as amazing. Over all great software to run a big or small lawn and landscaping company. Highly recommended.
ConsTo be honest there is nothing I don't like about this software. It truly does everything we need it to do for our company.

By CLIP Software on February 5, 2019
Thanks for the review Joseph!
EDGAR S.
president owner
January 30, 2019

“moved from clip desktop after over 25 years of use to clipitc ”

Overallthinking about asking them to move me back to old desktop program before my office person quits
Prosstill does a good job of being a AR program for recurring jobs links to customer email and mapping programs
Consmuch harder to use than desktop-some of desktop features where dropped an now takes longer to put new customers in, posting work errors , avg times in jobs wrong, material costing wrong, had problems changing job descriptions and having the new descriptions saved, clip support down loaded my program over 4 weeks ago and i have not had a reply back to above and more problems

By CLIP Software on February 1, 2019
Thanks for the review Edgar.
Stephanie H.
January 29, 2019

“Took a while to get used to”

OverallI like it now, I am comfortable with it. I'm glad I don't need support because they make me feel stupid. Tech guys don't know how to communicate with non-tech people. They do try and please you.
ProsThat it meet my needs and does the job for a lot less money.
ConsThat the training videos came with background music and it could not be turned off, so the videos where useless to me and it was hard to get use to Clipitc, but I am use to it now, and I still get frustrated how slow it is and that I have to re-enter stuff because Clipitc just stops working and I am sure the support team would say this is my fault.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Stephanie!
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

“QClipXe Review”

OverallThis is For Qclipxe. We do not use the other software. We are happy with the software - as noted above it does most everything we need to do for our scheduling, mowing routing.
ProsThe many features of it - it is very versatile. Once you have things set up its fairly easy for people to use. We use it for scheduling all of our jobs, keeping track of customers, and then sending the billing information over to quickbooks.
ConsThere are a few glitches with the software, and setup is fairly labor intensive but support is very helpful if we run into issues.

Liz F.
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
January 29, 2019

“Great Product, Excited to see it improve”

OverallI believe Clip is one of the best products on the market and I work with any issues because I genuinely believe I won't find a better product out there.
ProsIt is the best product I've seen that is Quickbooks Online Compatible. Many products claim they can link to Quickbooks and then you find out they can't do Quickbooks Online or the sync isn't effective.
ConsHave hit weird bugs here and there and the Customer Service isn't always responsive. I've often figured out the solution myself by the time I hear back and have even explained to them how the problem happened or needed to be resolved. Our company is a larger landscaping company and at times I wonder if we are too large for their platform.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thank you for your review Liz!
John Z.
Owner/Operator
Farming, Self-employed
February 5, 2019

“Good product. Very detailed”

OverallWhen running a mid size landscape company, my job was to run the routes and make sure the crews were efficient. That was my main job focus. CLIP was excellent at cutting losses and increasing profits on paper but we realized that guys were manipulating start and stop times, forgetting to start jobs, etc. I no longer use it for my small landscape company as it does way more than a single owner/operator needs.
ProsEase of tracking routes and scheduling crews. It is very detailed on user performance if it is being used properly. If measurements or job start/stop times are off then the data is useless.
ConsIt is very information hungry. You almost need an employee whose only job scope is entering in information to CLIP. If it's all entered correctly it can be very helpful but it can also be a headache when you need to move through the input quickly. Lots of multiple clicks, waiting to reload, changing the same thing on three screens, etc.

By CLIP Software on February 12, 2019
Thanks for the review John!
Joel W.
Chemicals, 11-50 employees
February 5, 2019

“Not the greatest tech support stinks”

OverallWe cancelled our online subscription and moved on your currently using jobber tech support is on the spot
ProsHas good history futures. Pretty easy to use.
ConsWhen we used it that crashed a lot. Seem like Monday morning once or twice a month we would have to wait for them to get it up and working this is the online version. Tech support it guys were rude disrespectful short with us took forever to get a call back

By CLIP Software on February 11, 2019
Thanks for the review Joel. I'm very sorry to hear you had a poor experience.
Marlene C.
Vice President
February 12, 2019

“Needs a lot of improvement”

OverallWe are long time CLIP customers using the desktop version, CLIPxe. It seems no thought or concern was given to all the existing features that make xe so successful. I was told by tech support, it's best to approach CLIPitc as a brand new software. I love xe but wanted the cloud version so I can work from home easier, and make it easier for multiple users. I was really frustrated after the 30 day trial. I will stay with xe for now and look for a different cloud software. Moving to itc would require a massive overhaul of all my data. If that's the case, I may as well just look for a new provider.
ProsLike the chat capability for questions.
ConsIt seems this was thrown into production without much testing or improvement. Recording work is a breeze in CLIPxe and very tedious in itc. "once a week" and "bi-weekly" visits do not work the same as xe. There is no way to attach add-on tasks to the main job: there was a "related" field in xe that was very helpful but does not exist in itc. Difficult to add a crew member while recording work. Difficult to calculate charges based on time spent at job. AM/PM shortcuts are not available. Training videos insufficient.

By CLIP Software on February 18, 2019
Thanks for the review Marlene. I'm very sorry that we haven't lived up to your expectations so far. One of our people should be reaching out soon to discuss how we can help you take full advantage of the service.
February 12, 2019

“Upgrade from desktop”

OverallThe integration with cardpointe/bluepay has been great. Not having to pull bills, run cards manually and then enter payments in has been a time saver.
ProsMultiple users makes it easy for managers to enter work and accounting to enter payments. The online portal is great for our clients to access their account and manage payments. Integration with a credit card processor has reduced our billing time tremendously.
ConsWe upgraded from an old desktop version where we had more control over invoicing and how payments are applied. The old version was not linked with quickbooks and could handle deposits and would match payments up to invoices but the new cloud version can't handle these requests unless linked with quickbooks, and even then deposits are difficult.

Matt C.
Turf Department Manager
March 18, 2019

“Does not meet legal requirements for pesticide record keeping”

OverallUnpleasant.
ProsThe mobile app is really simple, but in saying that it appears the applicator is not able to access customer information other than notes you specifically enter for the applicator to see. Why should I have to go through 200 customers and enter their contact info under their notes for each individual application they have. Yes, best I can tell you have to go to each application for the customer and enter the same thing to ensure the applicator gets the same information all year long.
ConsWe use it to schedule our turf program. During our last routine pesticide inspection, the inspector was not satisfied with clip because we were not able to easily print off the application records if a complaint was ever filed against us. Good thing we have paper copies. It's kind of sad this program is capable of so much, but can't print off an individual application record with the basic information needed. All the information required is in there, but I was told you can't actually print out a report with this particular info. on it. Customer, address, date, area size, material applied, applicator, Someone please prove me wrong.
March 18, 2019
Ben G.

“Clipitc Review”

OverallOur overall experience has been great. It has stepped up our job recording and we can easily look back at our history.
ProsCustomer support answers quickly and simply to help solve problems. We are able to record our job progress and scheduling to be able to look back for ease of billing and future forecasting.
ConsRescheduling mow clients due to rain delays can be a bit awkward. It would help if an entire block of customers could be moved to another day and integrated with that next days clients instead of moving one by one.

By CLIP Software on February 11, 2019
Thanks for the review Ben!
Don L.
Presiden
February 7, 2019

“User Friendly”

OverallFrom the field to quickbooks, Clip has save me many hours in front of a computer.
ProsThe ease of use, for the basic functions is great. I can set up my tablets and send them out in the field with less than 3 minutes training for a new user.
ConsOn the mobile app, there is a constant message that appears over and over to let us know we are not connected to the internet

By CLIP Software on February 11, 2019
Thanks for the review Don!
February 7, 2019
RICHARD B.
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

“Time saver”

OverallBeen using Clip for almost 20 years. It was great and a time saver when it was just a desktop version, but now with it being mobile, it's even better
ProsBeing able to efficiently route our crews along with all the time saved at the end of the month when billing our maintenance customers. Works seamlessly with Quickbooks.
ConsNot being able to overlap log times for customers when clearing a route manually

By CLIP Software on February 11, 2019
Thanks for the review Richard!
Adam M.

“billing”

OverallGreat customer service, easy enough for my guys in field to manage the application
Proslike the ease and conveince of adding work to smart phones & making my paper less
Consdont like how I cant edit a payment or add a credit to an account, I end up issuing a credit & paying sales tax along with income tax for the amount I never collected. I would also like to be able to e-mail customers right from their account.

By CLIP Software on February 5, 2019
Thanks for the review Adam!
Kshama G.
QA
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2019

“Best application for Lawn care company”

OverallThis application is best for Lawn care companies, also provide good services to their end customer s.
ProsEasy to use and understand. User can see and track the reports. Everything is clear about billing and subscription. Provide the estimate about the jobs and if it's pretty good for the end user then having the facility to add the same directly to the same end customer jobs. This application is best application for Lawn care companies as it maintain it's users and services on their properties very well.
ConsLittle bit confused. Reports are complicated.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Kshama!

“Clip”

OverallThe service has always been able to solve any problems.
ProsThe ease of use of the software makes the product good clip has a history of proven success in the lawn care industry. The software is taylored directly for the use in the lawn care business
ConsCustomer support sometimes seams to be slow to respond. Usually responds within 24 hours

Lee A.
October 9, 2019

“Very poor sales and support ”

OverallAfter months of try updated program had to terminate. Almost put me under due to ack of support and understanding of our software needs.
ProsCurrent invoice shows previous or past due balance
ConsMore of scheduling software. Doesn't meet needs of lawn and landscape industry professionals.

By CLIP Software on October 11, 2019
We're very sorry for your experience Lee. Good luck going forward.
October 9, 2019
Caleb M.
Maintenance Mangager

“Clip 2 Go”

OverallHelps with list of work but get frustrated daily with problems.
ProsStreamlining our daily list of jobs. Easy revolving schedules.
ConsDifficulty setting up jobs. Have to click too many buttons to do anything. Crashes often and all entered data can be erased if you hit save without entering a number in the job number section of job details.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Caleb!
Matthew K.
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

“Clip Review”

OverallIt does add overall value, it just takes some time to adjust
ProsI like the variable scheduling option. In my opinion, no one does this better than clip.
ConsI do not like the updating in regard to variable scheduling. I also do not like the customer service when it comes to training and videos - LMN is much more focused on this and it works...

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Matthew!
Doug A.

“Clip Big Help”

OverallClip has been a big plus for us. Customer service has been much more responsive than we experienced with the previous program that we used
ProsDirect communication with Quick Books online.
ConsRouting is remembered by jobs rather than customer. Even though we set up routes for a spring application, that information is not applied to the summer app.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Doug!
Joy M.
Accounting, 11-50 employees
February 5, 2019

“CLIP ITC review from Fallas ”

OverallAs an example...Issues getting reports for a crew for a specific period of time. Seems we have been part of development since the conversion in July 2017
ProsWe were prior users of the desktop version and were excited about moving to online functionality to add the crew application. that is still the case today, Although there are glitches that come up that make it difficult to navigate sometimes
ConsIt has been glitchy in the past with time outs and sales tax issues on billing.

By CLIP Software on February 12, 2019
Thanks for the review Joy!
Brandon B.
Chem Care Supervisor
Chemicals, 51-200 employees

“Glasco Landscaping, INC”

OverallWe have enjoyed working with clip. Since we have transitioned over to the Cloud version it has been smoother. We hope that the mobile app for any phones will be accessible soon.
Prosit works well with our programs we use for our customers
ConsThe mobile app for I-Phones so we can log in to get gate code etc.

By CLIP Software on February 11, 2019
Thanks for the review Brandon!

“Software”

Overallvery professional
Prosits a great program i have used there software cents 1985 and they have come up with newer and better software and each time i have enjoyed each upgrade and have not regretted it at all
Consthe time it took to get it going way to long

!
Zack W.
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

“Review”

ProsKeeps tract of man hours and continuously updates them.
ConsLittle clunky to use. Crashes often. Reports difficult (although extensive) Seems to be outdated.

By CLIP Software on February 5, 2019
Thanks for the review Zack! Please reach out to our support team about those continued crashes so that they can resolve the issue permanently.
Damon C.
January 29, 2019

“Been using clip for 4 years now.”

OverallI've used several different software programs and Clip really is the best out there. Yes there are some glitches in the program at times but nothing is perfect. Overall it really is a good program.
ProsIt's designed specifically for landscaping companies.
ConsIt tends to be a little glitchy at times.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Damon!
marta r.
Executive Office, 11-50 employees
November 30, 2018

“Great Lawn Care Program”

OverallOverall I have been using it for 6 years and love how you can route customers and all the data entry you can place into the system. I feel that I learned more at this training of things I didn't know before :)
ProsSimplicity to use and that it can run detailed reports
ConsSometimes will crash in the middle of entering jobs

By CLIP Software on December 17, 2018
Thank you for your review Marta!
November 30, 2018
Jeremh S.
February 1, 2019

“Don't believe the marketing”

OverallUnfortunately it has been underachieving at best. We were super excited to get on board with clip itc however it has been 1 head ache after another. Unfortunately there are not many people in this space or options to switch. We truly hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel, however in our years using clip it seems like more issues than solutions.
ProsWhen the software works, it's nice to have for ease of use in the field.
ConsThe interface between clip and QuickBooks is very difficult especially since you can't use anything besides letters commas or periods. So if someone accidentally uses anything else it holds up transfers. When there are issues, it's usually hours before anyone can get back to us, and actually have gone weeks before without a solution. It's so finicky that it seems every month when we try to close out for month end, we find another issue that's "with the developers" which holds us up from billing and creating cash flow. We have ha face multiple times where the tablets have service but can not connect to the clip server and our guys in the field do not have the lists of places to go and creates a nightmare.

By CLIP Software on February 5, 2019
Thanks for the review and your continued business Jeremy!
Sue L.
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
January 29, 2019

“Good Service, with a few minor kinks”

ProsThe easy layout and format. It is easier to teach to new employees on your own, because it is has a user friendly format.
ConsThe glitches and how often it crashes. If you don't do things a very specific way, it can get frustrating.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Sue!
Steve H.
president
September 25, 2018

“Clip has help me grow”

ProsClip has help me grow and is very user-friendly.
ConsNeeds a purchase order system to track for job costing in projects.

By CLIP Software on November 27, 2018
Thank you for your review Steve! We'll pass your suggestion about the purchase order system onto development and see if we can't get it on the wish list.
September 25, 2018
Kyle B.
Consumer Services, Self-employed

“Good Product”

OverallKeeping track of daily jobs and site tasks is easier
ProsIntegrates with QB, makes recurring jobs a breeze to schedule and is laid out pretty well. Use of mobile app to record work.
ConsSome glitching that occurs, unable to send mass emails to all clients other than topics built into program. Use of mobile app to get work would be helpful as well recording work.

By CLIP Software on January 31, 2019
Thanks for the review Kyle!
Justin M.
Account Manager
Chemicals, 11-50 employees

“CLIPitc”

OverallWanted to take the desktop version on clip online, prefer the desktop side of things much better.
ProsI liked that it was online and has the option to link to Quickbooks online.
ConsVery sluggish and not very user friendly.

Thanks for the review Justin

“CLIP Review 2019”

OverallI do like having customer jobs, pricing, and histories that I have easy access to. Reporting jobs and sending invoices to QBO makes my job lots easier.
ProsIt is fairly easy to figure out. The tutorials on the home page were helpful and after I figured out what the system did, adding customers and jobs became instinctive.
ConsThe connectivity between CLIP and QBO has flaked out a couple of times. One time it totally disconnected all of my customer's email addresses, and I had to go back in manually and turn them back on. It did something along that line sometime earlier, but I can't remember exactly what it was right now.

Leonard S.
President, LSI
Construction, 51-200 employees
January 17, 2019

“Clip Upgrade and Continued Usage”

OverallN/A This was an upgrade from CLIP Pro to Clip XE
ProsThe business process behind the software mimics very well with that of LSI.
ConsThough sufficient, would like to see enhancements to reports.

By CLIP Software on January 29, 2019
Thank you very much for your review Leonard!
January 17, 2019
Ron D.
February 2, 2019

“Above Average ”

ProsI like the way it keeps up with my customers and jobs.
ConsIt freezes up too much and unexpectedly shows an error status wanting to know if I want to send a report.

By CLIP Software on February 11, 2019
Thanks for the review Ron!
February 2, 2019
Ed M.

“Clip Experience”

OverallJob scheduling, costing, reoccurring billing
ProsEasy to use compared to other software we tried
ConsSome fields are difficult to link to job to job - i.e. projects material lists from vendors

By CLIP Software on February 11, 2019
Thanks for the review Ed!
Alex B.
Construction, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
February 1, 2019

“Technical support not helpfull when you need it”

OverallCustomer service want you to set everything up by watching videos and reading articles. Called technical support they're always busy never able to get a hold of anyone live, you have to leave a message and them to call you back. If you're going to waist your valuable time trying a software to run your business I want to make sure that if I need help, help will be there when you needed.
Prosintegration with Quick Books, Scheduling & Easy to navigate.
ConsNo set up help. I Did the live demo with Bill before before signing up for the free trial period, if the help is not there when you're on the trial period, to me that's the important time to impress your client. What's going to happen when you're using it for two or three months