PestaRoo Ratings

Overall

About PestaRoo

Mac or Windows. Beautiful software. Amazing Ease of Use and Visual Clarity. Unlimited Customers, Contact Details, Locations, Work Orders, Invoices, and PreScheds. Tooltips & help notes on every screen. Daily & weekly views into Scheduling. Repeat WOs. Easy A/R. View Location Maps. Prints WOs on blank NCR paper. Prints mailing labels, postcards, and sends emails for promotions. Tracks sales by technician, service type, town, or YTD. Incredible data mining. No contract required! 21st yr! Learn more about PestaRoo

Kyla W.
Dispatcher
August 20, 2019

“Great software!”

OverallPestaroo makes running our business so much easier. It provides every function we need to keep employees and customers happy. The customer service is above and beyond. Any issue is always resolved fast.
ProsEasy to use and input data. Very fast to go from task to task. Has everything we need to operate our business smoothly.
ConsSometimes the amount of functions can be overwhelming. We are an old school company and not very tech savvy, so we get lost easily.
August 20, 2019
Jamie R.
office personnell
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

“Software very helpful”

OverallWe use the software for history and don't have to look up as much information as we used to. It cuts back on time in the office.
ProsThe software is very easy to use and the credit card part of the software works really well. We do not have to have any machines to run cards through. Information is always available when needed and reports are good.
ConsI wish that the invoice number would print on the ticket along with the work order. Most companies pay from invoice numbers not work order numbers.
brock w.
Ceo

“Great software”

ProsPestaroo does all the hard work and makes finding our costumers easy and fast. Our company has grown so much pestaroo is a big reason on how we a able to mange our customers scheduling, billing, and past account history. Our company has tried several different softwares before finding pestaroo . This software is truly amazing.
Conswe really dont have any cons with pestaroo
J C.
1-10 employees
August 1, 2016

“Disappointed! Horrible Experience with PestaRoo”

OverallWe were excited about PestaRoo and all of the features it offered. Unfortunately, it seems this product is designed for and operates best with Apple products. It is supposed to adapt with windows, but we had constant glitching, certain applications wouldn't even open properly at all and it lost info we were entering after closing the application. I followed all written and video tutorials and still the program just wasn't cutting it. I do think that if I had Mac, it would have worked beautifully. I reached out to the owner/creator and the contacts for Customer service and tech support by email letting them know that I am dissatisfied with the product, and would like a refund especially since I used it for about a week. I was then told that the owner had tried to call three times to welcome us and go over any questions, which was untrue, he only reached out to me once. He never addressed my request for a refund and said I needed to let them teach me via phone how to make it work. I explained that we are a busy office and that the training they have available would be no different from what they would be telling me and that it is an Application problem and non-compatible. I emailed two other times requesting cancellation and refund, with no reply at all and then today I received another invoice for the next month's service. Ummm NO! I do not recommend PestaRoo to anyone Mac or otherwise simply due to the fact that they do not back their product enough to offer quality customer service or a satisfaction guarantee.
ProsIn theory, it has great features
ConsIs not compatible with Windows

By PestaRoo on November 19, 2018
Mike here, owner and the developer for PestaRoo. First of all, I¿m sorry that you had a bad experience. It is our hope that every customer has a great experience. Regarding the loss of data on your Windows installation, we have identified the issue, and addressed it. Now PestaRoo is fully compatible with both windows and OS X. Indeed, 65% of all of our installations today are on Windows. I am also sorry that you had a bad experience with email support. I acknowledge that we have had challenges with that. In the last year we have made substantial changes to help assure that we are able to provide excellent support.
August 1, 2016
Tony D.
February 29, 2016

“More glitches with each update!”

OverallThe software started off good a couple years ago. The make-your-own work orders is really the best feature of the program. Good luck if you run this program off Windows or a laptop. Each time new updates were introduced I would end up spending a month or two on the phone with them fixing things that used to work, but no longer did. As for the customer service... it really depends on who you get. The Support Manager was always as helpful as she could be. The Main Developer on the other hand was constantly dismissive and arrogant. I was told that I have to change how I run my business to fit their software. What spurred this review was after dealing with many minor-moderate glitches over the last 2 months I had a large problem with the product usage reports. It wasn't there. I am responsible for reporting to the Ag Commissioner every chemical used over the last month for every stop. So now I have to go through every paper copy and add them up myself. I contacted the developer to fix this. He said I did not leave a message over the weekend when I did, and then told me he would have to get back to me in 2 hours because he was going to lunch with some friends. A bad comment on a website would be the least of my worries if I treated one of my customers like that. Very unprofessional!

By PestaRoo on November 19, 2018
Mike here, owner and lead developer for PestaRoo. When we created our new interface for report selection, we introduced an issue that caused some reports to be invisible. We were able to address that with a subsequent update. I am sorry that you found my telephone support to be `arrogant and dismissive¿. I am working to improve my communication skills. I acknowledge this is important, but personally challenging! I am glad the Work Order system worked well for you. I hope that you¿ve been able to find a suitable software replacement for your business.
February 29, 2016
Manami W.

“Loving it”

OverallWe found Pestaroo after tried two other systems and being frustrated with those two. They made the transition from the old one to Pestaroo so easy and very supportive, so we did not have to have any problems to run business as usual right after switching it. It's easy to use and clean look on the screen. Simple yet enough to cover all kinds of pest control needs. I love their support system. I don't have to press 1 for English, press 2 for technical, ... to wait forever for urgent support. They always got our back and fast to respond either by phone or email. I am the owner and this system protects business owners by not allowing 'iffy' inputs or deleting important information. Business owners have to trust employees to certain extent, but must have a system to protect the company. Pestaroo is really good at thinking about it. I enjoy using the system every day, and loving it after three years being the user.
Rodger V.
Customer
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 13, 2019

“PestaRoo Has Some Work to Do”

OverallFunctional but nothing stood out
ProsIt is fairly easy to use and train...it also moves quickly as long as there is not a lot of data
ConsSystem seemed to move more slowly as more information was added...although that could be an issue with our internet service

By PestaRoo on September 16, 2019
PestaRoo is based on local data, not the web. So, any slowness experienced may be a function of your machine. Even with modest machines, PestaRoo easily scales to a million customers and multiple millions of invoices and work orders. This is based on 20 years of experience with our program! If you will reach out to us, we would be delighted to help track down what is happening on your computer. Of course, telephone technical support with PestaRoo is always free. Send your request to Support@PestaRoo.com, and we will help you! We are grateful and appreciative to our customers because their input and feedback is what has made PestaRoo the great program it is today.
August 13, 2019
Patti W.
Business Partner
August 22, 2013

“The Perfect Software For My Business”

OverallAfter a great deal of research to find the perfect software for my company, I chose PestaRoo. This is a great package to grow with my business because it's much more cost efficient than most of the other providers I looked at and is relatively easy to use. The customer service team is always available and are extremely helpful if I get stuck; that is a tremendous benefit for any technology driven product in my opinion. I would definitely recommend PestaRoo and have quite often referred their name to others in the industry who are on the hunt for the perfect pest control software.
William H.
Office Manager-Customer Service

“PestaRoo ”

OverallThere are lots of things I like about PestaRoo. I really like the accounting and billing features of the program. Also really like the way you can have virtually unlimited addresses linked under one main account. Also you never have to buy any pre printed forms to use, PestaRoo generates all the ones you could need. Chemical usage tracking is excellent. After getting use to the program I really don't have any complaints about any of it's features.
Don W.

“PestaRoo, 2nd to none!”

OverallI know I'm supposed to say a con but I honestly can't, unless it's that PestaRoo doesn't run my company for me. I mean I do have to put SOME effort into it!! LOL Seriously, I've used PestaRoo several years and have to give it a 5 star. The customer support is second to none, in any business, any place!
Pat S.

“Review”

OverallOur customers like the new work orders showing what products used. It is very easy to enter new products and service types. Overall, easy to use. The only con I see is that I can not reprint the deposit report.
Richard S.
co-owner
May 2, 2016

“Program works good but has a few glitches”

OverallThe program works pretty good. It isn't that hard to do daily entries. The main problem with the program is that it is suppose to bring up your monthly or quarterly accounts when they are due but it doesn't. We have to go back every month and find who is due for service. Also we pay on a monthly program and several times the program doesn't work until someone in the office clicks something to make it work. That cost us several accounts because of not being able to bring up their information on the program.
May 2, 2016
Billy O.
Operations Manager/ Associate Certified Entomologi
February 5, 2016

“Software isn't nearly as easy as it says!”

OverallSpent the week trying to figure out the system and it is lacking required information required by Washington State Dept. of Agriculture. Also formatting is a bit rough. On the pro side it will allow you to print work-orders and you don't have to buy special paper. I am giving a 5 for customer service because they did try calling. I am however out in the field during their hours.
February 5, 2016
Mindy L.
August 23, 2013

“Pestaroo is an amazing company!”

OverallThe support Pestaroo provides is amazing, no matter how simple the question they don't mind helping.
Linda B.
Office Professional

“PestaRoo ”

OverallMike is always ready to help with any situation, no matter where he is, or when it is. Great support and super people.
Shannon M.
Owner/VP
August 27, 2013

“PestaRoo”

OverallGreat Program, Our business would not be what it is today without it.
August 27, 2013
Hobi L.
September 4, 2013

“Pestaroo”

OverallA great way manage a business.
September 4, 2013