Bid4Build Ratings

Overall

About Bid4Build

Bid4Build is now Estimator360 is Cloud-Based Construction Estimating & Management Software for Builders. Every Subscription Includes: Unlimited Estimates Unlimited Projects Quick Start Project Templates Patent-Pending Estimating Technology Experience the most advanced Estimating Software for Builders. With Estimator360's patent-pending Instant Assemblies, Intelligent Ratios, and Build Options, creating projects and estimates is fast and easy. Your Success is Our Priority. Learn more about Bid4Build

Darryl T.
Design, Unspecified
3.5/5
September 15, 2014

“Most Powerful Bidding Software”

ProsI have owned B4B for years, only to be challenged by the initial learning curve, which caused me to shelve it a few times. But once committed, I have found this product and support to meet all of our demands within the company. The costbooks provided cover every nature of construction from remodeling to heavy commercial construction. We have become quite advanced and have created several costbooks tailored exactly to the multi-state locations that we cover. We are able to produce highly detailed takeoffs that amend the blueprints and act as an instruction manual for our superintendents to efficiently produce the product. The vendor has always promptly responded to our emails and requests, even following up with us before clarifying our own work as we veered off task. The tutorials provide exact explanation to all operations within the software and become quite intuitive. Dedicate the time to learn the software and you will be grateful.
ConsThe software requires time before it becomes intuitive, but I believe it is partly due to our method of estimating and the customization required to fit our needs. It is not dummy-proof and requires attention to detail. I have no problems with the vendor, and they have always been responsive and accommodating.
Recommendations to other buyersReview the tutorials and spend the trial time concentrating on learning the software. Contact support with any questions for a prompt reply.
George K.
Estimator
July 6, 2009

“Bid4Build The Right Choice”

OverallIf you are looking for a quick, reliable estimating tool that will connect with Quickbooks, plus handle your scheduling and subcontractor bids at the best price, don't hesitate. Bid4Build has handled everything I wanted and their training and support has always been outstanding. No wonder that they have been around for 25 years and earn such high ratings on several sites. You'll be glad you did!
ProsAs a small GC I was overwhelmed with the software choices for estimating ranging from $50-$10,000. Luckily Bid4Build was at the top of many lists and was actually on the lower end at $295. They provided a great video of the product and hands-on demo so I could actually try it without having to sit through an hour+ sales presentation. After a 1 hour overview that they included with the purchase, extensive help tools and phenominal support, I still struggled getting started. Fortunately they also offer a 1 on 1 training using an actual estimate of mine. Those 2 hours for only $99 where the best part of any software purchase I have ever made. Using an actual project, they guided me through the best methods to build my estimate and provide the jump start that I needed. It was so helpful that I did 2 more over the next few months as I got the estimating down and wanted to learn how I could streamline my process and other tools available like scheduling and writing contracts.
ConsNone, they keep improving it all the time and added a new Takeoff product at the end of last year.
July 6, 2009
Lucky C.
Chief Executive Officer
October 1, 2009

“I highly recommend Bid4build”

OverallGet the program , effective, efficient, and it gets better all the time as I become more familiar with the program.. There is always a oh moment when I discover more. It is a complete project management tool from inception, to production and closure... Data based, and you can upload your logo so printing invoices, pricing or estimates are personnalized. I am going on way to much but if you want to do it right this is the program. Thank you!!!
ProsI have to say, I started a construction consulting company after being in the industry for 17 years and making everyone else money. I bought Bid4 Build to help clients with their bids and run numbers for them. Its a little intense at first but in a few short days of playing around I got it. Plus support like other reviews is SUPER. I had personal calls from Bid 4 Build, they set up training time and even when I get to a point where I may have a question like I did today, I email them and within the hour got a response. Great company. I just started my own construction company and even during this recession Bid4Build is helping me support my family and friends that I employ. I love it. Thank everyone at Bid4Build. plus I got the takeoff live add on and this thing with plan integration is boy I can't tell you how easy it is for me to oneshop stop my bids and get them out. as well there contract, scheduling, exporting ...ITs got it all Bye
ConsNot ONE!!!!!
October 1, 2009
Denny Y.
September 16, 2014

“High-end Remodeler & Custom Home Builder ”

OverallLast year, we did just under $10 mil in sales, with jobs as small as $10k and as large as over $2 million. This software met our needs in all aspects. Initially, it took a little while to understand the relational functionality of the various parts. In terms of customer support, I have had a response in less than 24 hours anytime I have wanted to contact Bid4Build. The Bid4Build team has been great to work with. I paid for several hours of support initially and was extremely pleased with the instruction and knowledge of the support person. Now that we have used it for several years, I really appreciate the ease with which you can develop and modify your own cost book information. When I was evaluating different estimating software, my biggest concern was how inexpensive it was. I thought that because other systems were more costly, they must have been better; that is not the case with Bid4Build. I also like the fact that we own it outright and do not have monthly or annual costs. The price is undervalued for what you get. Compared to other estimating systems, Bid4Build could charge twice as much and still be a good value.
September 16, 2014
Alexandra R.
Administrative assistant
Construction, 11-50 employees
March 30, 2018

“Overall Good product”

ProsVery useful and overall very good program for estimating big or small jobs. Being a cloud-based estimating software you can access it wherever you are.
ConsI have found that it doesn't have much options to choose from which makes it why I didn't give them the 5 stars but overall, very happy with it's service to us.
March 30, 2018
William F.
May 7, 2015

“Bid4Build Review”

ProsThere is nothing good I can say about this software. It is the most awkward system that I have ever used. Nothing is intuitive. It takes many unnecessary steps to achieve meaningful results. The interface reminds me of the DOS days. I wasted money on the Bid4Build estimating system and the takeoff module. I have abandoned both, as they are more trouble than they are worth. I have reverted back to an Excel spreadsheet and a much more efficient digital takeoff program. If you value your time, don't invest in this program.
ConsThere is nothing that I like about this product. It is the most ungainly software that I have every used. I have experience with high end estimating software Quest/Maxwell to low end (the free software that comes with the Craftsman databases).
Recommendations to other buyersScrap these programs and start over. A new totally new interface is needed. The concept of working with Craftsman databases is good, but executing is poor.
May 7, 2015
Maureen L.
September 17, 2014

“Amazing software! It will not disappoint you.”

ProsThere are several things I like best, but I'll simply name a few for now. The integration with Excel is seamless. The ability to create and easily maintain your own Master Costbook is priceless. It quickens the entire process and you've established historical data [that can been updated easily]. You also have a quick schedule for your estimate, because of the integration with MS Project.
ConsThere is nothing I do not like. I only wish I would have discovered it earlier.
Recommendations to other buyersThis software definitely deserves more than a casual look. Take the free demo and speak with their team. It is more than worth your time.
September 17, 2014
Brian S.
September 15, 2014

“Very happy Bid4Build customer since 2006!”

ProsIt's an excellent value for the price. There are no monthly subscriptions like other estimating software. The customer service is superb, and the reports are professional-looking.
ConsThe only negative thing I can say is there's a bit of a learning curve at first. I was able to figure the program out on my own over time, but Bid4Build does have online training available should you ever need help.
Recommendations to other buyersTry their free demo and contact them with any questions you may have about their software.
Ebtisam A.
Project manager
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
March 13, 2018

“Very good ”

ProsUser friendly, was able to understand and input right away. Everything was layed out on screen to provide friendly interface.
March 13, 2018