Visual EstiTrack Ratings

Overall

About Visual EstiTrack

Visual EstiTrack ERP is an on-premise platform for managing your shop. Create and send job estimates in as little as 5-minutes. Completed estimates are converted automatically into sales and shop orders, immediately displaying throughout your shop on interactive touch scheduling boards. Touch scheduling boards allow shop personnel to see important job-related information without relying on paper while tracking job costing and progress in real-time. Learn more about Visual EstiTrack

Willie G.
Manufacturing Manager
Defense & Space, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2019

“Awesome Software”

OverallWe had tried a ERP/MRP software in the past that failed miserably for a few reasons, we then reverted back to all the documents we had created over the years until we found EstiTrack. Once enough time had gone by to get the bad taste out of our mouth created from the previous software we tried, we started the hunt again for software, Estitrack was the second to last on the list of about 20 Demo's. The Demo started and being honest I pulled out my phone and was checking emails and what not, within a few minutes I put my phone away because this was making sense, before the end of the Demo our company President and I agreed this was the software, it all clicked to us. That has not changed since we started using it and daily we find more stuff that makes everything function easier. After a short time we have almost caught up our back log and definitely are having an easier time tracking product flow.
ProsThis software is easy to use, many things are self explanatory and when you do need assistance you just call and customer service will schedule you a time for phone conference. In the off chance a resolution to your issue is not immediate they have meetings in mornings to go over solutions and you usually receive an answer within a day or two of phone conference, but it is a rare instance when the solution is not immediate.
ConsI have not found anything about the software I don't like. If you really want something that the software doesn't have you can usually pay a fee for Henning to create it. With that said there has only been one thing that I asked about having capability for that the current answer was not yet but definitely in the near future it would be considered. For this request I absolutely understand the answer I received because the capability I was asking for requires them to work with a vending software that is not associated with Henning but the answer of in the future is just a testament to how willing Henning is to work with customers.
September 19, 2019
Angela T.
Vice President
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
May 9, 2017

“Great experience with a customer-oriented company”

OverallHenningSoftware Inc. has been a great business partner. They have been amazingly supportive and committed, starting with pre-sale demos and conversations. Their investment in our pre-sale due-diligence paid off for both of us. It's truly a win-win. We have a valuable tool for a within-reach price that will bring our manufacturing floor into real-time processing and lot control and create efficiencies that we were not able to do with Vista/Epicor because it was too clunky and too constraining.
ProsI am still in the implementation phase and working with them on some upgrades, but the transparency of the reporting and the logic of the system seem to really stand out. It is easy to trace not only your processes but the calculations behind them. Nothing is so hidden that you can't find it, and if you have problems, they will find it readily. EstiTrack also offers lot control and item sequencing within manufacturing, which was hard to find in a less expensive system. Also, it allows for more than one way of doing things..and yes, that is a great feature for our manufacturing business. It allows us to tailor how we come to an endpoint. This has already been proven to be very useful, in quoting and pricing. We chose EstiTrack because it offered the most of what we could use immediately, and some of what we could use later. The systems that were so complex meant that we would get a 40% value right away and hope to "use" the great features eventually. With EstiTrack, we knew we could take advantage of 70% immediately, it would streamline our current processes, it would get us to where we needed to be, and it would allow us room to grow.
ConsAs with any system, and we reviewed a handful before choosing EstiTrack (and have been with Vista/Epicor for 20 yrs), it doesn't do everything for everyone, but they do a great job with most areas. We opted for EstiTrack with the idea that we would ask for some upgrades specific to our needs, and they are working diligently with us to develop those upgrades and to make sure that they are useful, well thought out, and worthy of the investment. Because we have not fully implemented the system, there are not so many cons that have stumped us.
May 9, 2017
Marlene M.
April 27, 2012

OverallMartec Precision is a small jobbing shop in Brampton, Ontario run by a husband and wife team. We have doubled our size in the last 6 years and now employ 12 people. At Martec Precision we manufacture metal and plastic parts for the aerospace, mining, mold and commercial industries. Currently we are working our way towards becoming ISO. Our motto at Martec is "Where principles count", and our work ethic is founded on our strong values. Three years ago we spent about 6 months looking at many popular shop management software packages before making a decision. Before purchasing Henning's Visual EstiTrack ERP we had been using software that had been developed by an independent writer. Our first software package worked well during our initial start up period but as our business grew, we wanted to find a more comprehensive software that provided us with all the documentation required to reach our goal to obtain an ISO certification. Another important area of concern for us was the current software did not offer reliable support leaving us feeling frustrated and powerless at times. Finally, in order to be competitive we needed to be as lean as possible in today's marketplace and we hoped purchasing ERP software would do that for us. Certainly the software research stage took longer than the implementation once we purchased Henning's Visual EstiTrack software. The Henning's support team installed it from their office in the USA and was there every step of the way until we were completely satisfied. The software manual was easy to follow and after a couple of months we were comfortable using it. In addition, hands on training online or on site can be purchased. We now run more efficiently, in a systematic fashion and have all the documents required for us to be accountable to our customers. We also purchased the "Editor's Privileges" allowing us to tailor the software documents uniquely to our businesses preferences and requirements. Lastly, we want to comment on the customer support we receive through the "Henning's Support Team". Their support staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. Their response time for support is immediate and all matters are resolved in a timely fashion. For example: I had a recent situation where my computer antivirus software was interfering with the software and with my permission the technician went in and made the adjustments needed to resolve the problem. Now that's what I call service!
April 27, 2012
Emily L.
Machinery, 11-50 employees
September 18, 2019

“Great software for manufacturing companies”

OverallInventory control from tracking raw material to finished goods as improved dramatically since the purchase of Esti-Track. We've added customization over the years to fill our individual needs, which has been extremely helpful as well.
Prosscheduling for production, monitoring inventory levels , and monitoring sales accurately
ConsA lot of different reports are available with valuable information. Hard to determine which one is the best fit.
September 18, 2019
Benjamin J.
Mining & Metals, Unspecified
June 16, 2016

“As good as it gets”

ProsWhat I like best about this product is its ease of use. When first starting I was overwhelmed, but after a couple short hours of training and playing around in a test data base the people at Henning set up for me I was using the system like a pro. It helps me with the everyday workload and compiles all of the necessary machine shop operations into a simple software solution.
ConsI haven't found anything to date, but I would like to see some type of backup solution for my files, so I can wipe the saved info off VET and save it to a hard drive to make my orders and quotes a little less crowded.
Recommendations to other buyersIf anyone is in the midst of filing paperwork and quoting or writing purchase orders and overwhelmed by all the different templates or papers needed to accomplish the daily tasks managing a machine shop, this product is for you. It will compile everything needed to successfully run your machine shop.
June 16, 2016
Judy A.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Unspecified
June 13, 2014

“Software update”

ProsThis product is easier to use than it initially looked to me. I also like the fact that this vendor and software product have been around for years, which is needed to keep updated with the times and changing business practices.
ConsInitially, this product looked intimidating, as it has so many functions. I am currently using quoting, sales orders, and shipping functions, along with fine-tuning these functions to my business needs.
Recommendations to other buyersAt the start of this product use, I needed a lot of assistance. The help was there when needed, and the use of the videos built into the software product were valuable. There is still more to learn, and there is training available.
June 13, 2014
Jack K.
COO
Machinery, 1-10 employees
June 21, 2019

“Super-Program”

OverallWe have nothing - so implementation is not an easy thing to do - but the results will be fantastic!
ProsVery Flexible and covers just about any thing you want/need!
ConsVery Flexible - The same thing that makes it great makes it somewhat difficult to learn - The support is really good, people are great!!
June 21, 2019
LeeAnne C.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Unspecified
June 9, 2014

“Great product!”

ProsThe software has a lot of flexibility; it can do it all. Everyone at Hennings is there to answer questions; responsiveness is great!
ConsThe software is a little on the slower side. I wish it was quicker.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is a great value. The software and service are spectacular for the price.
June 9, 2014