Wdesk Ratings

Overall
4.599999904632568/5
4.699999809265137/5

About Wdesk

Workiva, provider of the worlds leading connected reporting and compliance platform, is used by thousands of enterprises across 180 countries, including more than 75 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and by government agencies. Workiva customers have linked over five billion data elements to trust their data, reduce risk and save time. For more information about Workiva (NYSE:WK), please visit workiva.com. Learn more about Wdesk

Juho W.
Java Software Engineer
Information Services, 5001-10,000 employees
March 11, 2019

“Wdesk - an innovative app for progressive reporting ”

OverallThis program is really transparent, so it is easy to make an audit. You can check each change. I recommend using Wdesk as you have access to real-time reports any time you need. You can try a free version of the app to make sure it suits your company's needs.
ProsI like that I need only to push one button to update all the reports. It makes me sure that all the information is fresh and relevant. What is more, you can customize the view of Wdesk for better collaboration of your team. Moreover, I like that I can limit the visibility of some information for specific users. So am sure that confidential information will be available only for those people who have permission to see it.
ConsI dislike that Wdesk proposes a little number of creative options. If you want to impress your team with a great design of graphics or tables, be ready that you will not be able to do this. There are basic designs, which are not bad, but still, they are not very creative. Also there are some limits in Excel formulas. From time to time the updates of reports are too slow. The last thing I do not like is that document editing is quite hard and takes too much time.
March 11, 2019
July 17, 2018

“I have used this software for SEC reporting for seven years and highly recommend it.”

ProsWhat I like the most about wDesk is that it is user friendly and makes SEC reporting a breeze, without having to deal with EDGARizing. Creating a document is as easy as using a Microsoft Word, if not easier. I have started to use wDesk for regular Word processing and not just SEC reporting. The table creation and data linking is also very easy to use. Their Help section has very easy and clear instructions on how to do everything and if you need additional help, their Customer Service is always answered by an actual person in the States without any wait time.
ConsAround due dates for Form 10-Q and 10-K filings, the website does run a little slow. This is not a big issue, but I always try do my filings earlier in the case that there are any website issuers. For example, if possible, instead of filing a Form 10-Q at 4:25p, I will begin filing at 4:10p just in case. Usually the delay is not longer than a few seconds, or a minute or two tops, but with the increase in usage of wDesk you want to make sure that your filing is processed and accepted by the SEC on time.
July 17, 2018
Kathy H.
External Reporting Analyst

“Wdesk user review”

OverallI have used Wdesk for almost 3 years and love the product and the customer service. The old process my company used was a Word document with Excel tables that was very cumbersome to turn over each quarter. Additionally, it was very difficult to maintain data integrity when one number was used in multiple locations. With Wdesk, flipping a document is a simple process. I update the date page information, and every date in our document is updated. The linking feature in Wdesk has eliminated our concerns about data integrity when one number is used in multiple locations, and when a table is used in both the footnote and in the MD&A sections. The customer service has been incredible since the first meeting with them. During the initial set-up process they were always available to help both over the phone and using a Webex meeting. At this point, I dont have many questions, but my customer service manager contacts me every quarter to see how things are going and she completes an Edgar review of every 10-Q and 10-K before I file! The professional services manager that handles our XBRL is also very attentive. We always have a meeting at the beginning of the quarter and one towards the end. You always know that they are there to help you! Every year they have a TEC (The Exchange Community) conference. This in an incredible opportunity to learn about new products and to speak with Wdesk developers about what changes would help your company. Many of the new products and updates come from customer suggestions! They also have training classes during the conference to help you build skills required for various types SEC reporting. I attended one TEC conference and took advantage of their XBRL classes.
ProsVery easy to use. Produces quality documents. Excellent customer service.
Joan S.
Senior Manager of Financial Reporting
Biotechnology, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2017

“Workiva Financial Reporting SEC Filing software”

OverallWe have used the Form 10-K, 10-Q, Def 14 A Proxy and Section 16 filing, Form 3 and 4 software for over a year. I want to hug it every day. It is cloud based and easy to learn as it acts and feels like Excel and Word but organizes everything in one place. I want to hug it every day.
ProsCloud based, easy to learn, I was able to get certified in 2016 after their Annual Conference, lots of sharing through the blogs, Easy to follow help instructions on areas you only use periodically, Customer Success Manager is awesome and responds quickly.
ConsNone that I can think of.
Recommendations to other buyersYour entire family will love it as you can get your work done at work faster and with more confidence. This software will be loved by everyone in your company.
February 1, 2017
Cynthia K.
Manager, Financial Reporting
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
April 13, 2017

“Can't imagine Financial Reporting without WDesk”

OverallWDesk is the most important tool we have during reporting season. Being able to have a large group working on the same document at the same time while avoiding issues like version control, number inconsistencies, files crashing has made our lives so much easier. WDesk continues to add new features and it is great to see that a lot of them come from real customer feedback. If you have an issue, they will find a solution. Lastly, their customer service is amazing. I've had great experiences with our CSM, XBRL support and their 24-hour support.
ProsLINKING!!! Having all my reporting documents in one place. the 24-hr support.
ConsI wish I could add an approver to a certification after sending the letter out.
Kalynne C.
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
May 19, 2017

“Fortune 500 Companies must invest in this software for successful financial reporting!”

OverallMore efficiency in work day on a daily basis. I work for a very large and complex publically traded company and we would never be able to function as successfully as we do without this software.
ProsThe ease of use and customer service. All features are very intuitive and if you run into any issues you can call the cust service anytime and a person will always help you solve your problem.
ConsIts expensive. I would love for every department in my company to start using it but they always hesitate because of the excessive cost. I think trial periods would be very beneficial.
May 19, 2017
Candace H.
Director of Financial Reporting

“Workiva the Wonderful”

OverallAfter multiple years of using Workiva and working with the Workiva staff, I continue to be more and more impressed with the quality of the tool and the responsiveness of the staff.
ProsSEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy, S-4, correspondence, etc...) management reporting and any other large/complex document that needs to be prepared on a collaborative basis or will be rolled forward for future versions.
ConsSome limitations to Excel formulas
Natalie S.
Financial Accounting Supervisor II
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees

“Wdesk is the Best!”

OverallWe have had such a wonderful experience with Workiva! From ease of use to great customer service, we know that we are in the best of hands. It is such a relief knowing that reporting and filing will be a seamless and stress free process. Keep up the great work!
ProsEase of use, especially XBRL tagging
ConsNot a lot of art/creative options. Difficult/annoying to work with JPEGS, etc, because there aren't a lot of editing options.
Joy H.
Senior SEC Reporting Analyst
Banking, 201-500 employees

“LOVE Wdesk!!”

OverallI love Wdesk! The product and support are world class. It streamlined our financial reporting process, as well as our documentation process, when we implemented the binder module. LOVE it!
ProsI love Wdesk and the binder module. Customer service is fantastic.
Robert M.
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
August 9, 2019

“Save Your Money”

OverallHorrific
ProsNothing. It makes obtaining reasonable assurance more difficult than it needs to be.
ConsThis software is terribly painful to use as it is not intuitive. Testing of controls is extremely cumbersome as WDesk and Microsoft Office programs are not compatible. For example, the print area of an Excel file must be made before uploading into WDesk. If this is not done, a 5 tab Excel file will become a 40 page file in WDesk. Also, you cannot see the formulas in Excel in WDesk. It is very difficult to obtain any kind of assurance if you cannot check the accuracy of the supporting documentation you are being provided by the business. I would highly suggest that Workiva contract with a public accounting firm to get an idea of what is required in order to be compliant Sarbanes-Oxley, how external and internal auditors perform their test of controls, review workpapers and so-forth. Another issue is the lack of a drag-and-drop feature. In order to put the supporting documentation to the appropriate control, documents must be added one at a time. The business cannot perform a mass upload and then drag and drop the supporting documentation to the applicable sample request. This wastes a massive amount of time for the tester and the business. At my previous position, the internal auditors and the business used SharePoint for providing documentation and for testing, and it worked perfectly. I do not have experience with Blackline, but my colleagues say it is a much better program than WDesk.
August 9, 2019
Lara V.
Direct, SEC Reporting
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees

“Great Product! ”

OverallI have used Wdesk for over two years and I continue to be a happy customer! The customer support teams for SEC filings, XBRL and SOX compliance are amazing. The 24/7 customer service people are also very friendly and willing to assist with whatever is needed. I am really satisfied with Wdesk and I continue to be impressed with the functionality, ease of use and increased productivity created by this product.
ProsEase of use and ability to file our SEC filings when we are ready and ability to make edits up to filing is amazing.
ConsSometimes refreshing data when updating is slow.
Sarah M.
Software Engineer
Information Services, 10,001+ employees
September 8, 2019

“Excellent reporting and compliance solution”

OverallThis application is surely recommended to those who have daily tasks and also great workload to handle.
ProsI like the interface of the product because it's quite unique and it helps me to build task list and also too much my data into various sections according to my need. Moreover, it has some task management functionalities that help me to build task list from the required data and documentation I always prefer this application because it's helpful and also kind of my type.
ConsIt helps number of people to work in the form of a group with the good collaboration skills. It is giving the best services and let us face anything wrong.
September 8, 2019
Banking, 201-500 employees
May 13, 2019

“Great for 10-Ks/10-Qs”

OverallOverall I feel like wdesk is truly the best software for Financial Reporting users. I have had experience with other softwares but have wdesk to be the most intuitive and easy to use.
ProsThe ease of linking in this software is very efficient. Once the document is set up - many pieces of the document can be update very quickly reducing the burden on prepares.
ConsInitial set up is very cumbersome. It doesn't work Microsoft excel so everything has to be set up within the software which can get frustrating.
May 13, 2019
Laurie B.
VP, Controller
April 13, 2017

“Implementation is a Breeze”

OverallI've used Wdesk for nearly 6 years at two different companies. Getting started on Wdesk is a breeze and the learning curve on using it is short. Their customer service is great and fast. Their professional service team makes XBRL a seamless process. I would recommend Wdesk to anyone for SEC reporting.
ProsEase of use, no more pencils down, great customer service.
ConsChallenge to bring in new documents that don't need much editing or any links, just need to be filed with something. Formatting can be cumbersome for little benefit.
Rick D.
AVP, Manager, SEC Reporting
Insurance, 5001-10,000 employees
April 13, 2017

“This software changed the way we do our financial reporting.”

OverallThe sentiment around our company is that we hope to never have to use Microsoft Word to produce financial statements ever again.
Logan S.
Internet, 501-1000 employees
August 29, 2019

“Excellent tool that helps me making reports”

OverallAlso this product is a huge initiative for team management and collaboration on different levels as well. Highly recommended tool
ProsI would like to add in this product are its simple user interface is so much attractive and appealing that I can easily work on that without any hesitation. I am a satisfied user of Wdesk and completely happy with its all services.
ConsI trust this product because it's reliable in order to make my documents secure. I have nothing for cons it is going well.
August 29, 2019
Eric M.
Director of Finance
April 11, 2018

“BEST SEC software out there!!! Hands down!!!!”

OverallBetter product, cost savings, increased efficiency.
ProsThe system is user friendly and the support is awesome. The Workiva team is always looking to make improvements based on actual feedback.
ConsI have zero complaints - I actually insisted two companies that I started working for switched over to this software - which not only save time and made our product better - but it was less expensive than other company we were using.
April 11, 2018
Abigail P.
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 12, 2019

“Popular product for uploading all business data”

OverallOverall it is no less than a blessing that has brought much convenience to us. Linking data is now easier with this product because of its incredible features that are playing a significant role in my daily life.
ProsI love the amazing templates which it offers. I would say this product has changed my life totally because now am capable enough to build task list from my data and also to create review, approval and revision tasks as well.
ConsI failed to find even a single drawback in it as it comprises all essential features to satisfy almost all users needs. It makes me forget rest of other similar products.
September 12, 2019
Erika C.
Human Resources Manager
Insurance, 10,001+ employees
September 14, 2019

“Business managment in professional way”

OverallThe support system of this application is quite useful and also much more helpful.
ProsIt is the tool that helps us for reporting and business management. It is a cloud based software. I can make editing in the document as much as a required with its helpful formatting tools last but not the least I can easily move my documents from one place to another without any hassle finding them each and every time.
ConsIt is no doubt a effective tool. For the cons I have no bad words. It meets our all requirements and serves for our company in professional ways.
September 14, 2019
Kristin M.
Manager Internal Controls
February 2, 2018

“Managing SOX nightmare, there are better options”

ProsThe linking is great for version control. The certification process is easy to use and manage the outstanding certification. The groups allow an easy way to manage permissions except in the database.
ConsThere is no workflow that enables a control/narrative to flow through for updating and review that is not manual. RCTS that I used in 2003 had better functionality to flow control from one user to another, only allowing the user that had a role in the current status to update. This is a basic of all SOX tools I have seen except WDesk. I need to report where we are in the process and I can not do that with WDesk. It is very manual and many steps are duplicated throughout the system. Once you set up a user, they should be able to be selected in the role drop down, without having to reset them up in another section. Once a group is set up, it should be able to be utilized throughout the system without having to reset it up for a certification.
February 2, 2018
Barbara W.
April 20, 2017

“Good Product, Good Customer Support”

OverallWe started using the Workiva platform for our SEC filings five years ago and have been happy with our decision. The software is easy to understand and use. In addition to the various built-in controls (e.g. linking which ensures that values are updated everywhere they appear), we are big believers in the use of check figures and have set them up everywhere possible in our Workiva workbooks. Overall, this software provides a nice balance between handling things ourselves and having the support of experts within easy reach. This has been especially helpful with the XBRL process, which is performed primarily by us, but with help from Workiva staff when we have a particular problem. The system also allows for last-minute tagging additions/changes, which are sometimes unavoidable. The Workiva product development team is interested in and responsive to customer feedback, which continues to make their applications better and better. We are always open to looking at other solutions for our reporting needs, especially to keep costs down, but so far this is the one that continues to impress us the most.
Sara C.
Sr HR Compliance Analyst
Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees
August 12, 2019

“Excellent for Reporting and Auditing”

OverallWdesk is a critical tool in reviewing, evaluating and consolidating controls as our company continues to merge to one unified company. Wdesk has simplified building an audit and provides quick and easy insight to areas we are changing that require updates. Making updates is easy.
ProsWdesk is easy to use, easy to update and pull reporting. You can also limit what each user has access/visibility to so confidential information doesn't have to be visible to all users.
ConsI have not identified in my use to date.
August 12, 2019
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
January 20, 2019

“Excellent software for the creation of financial reports.”

ProsIts interface is very familiar, it is easy to use, since it uses many functions of the Office 360 family, such as Word and Excel, it is very useful for users in the finance areas, since their simple tasks from the beginning foment a certain experience in several fields, what stands out is that in a financial document can be modified by more than two users at the same time without damaging its operation and, finally, the most important thing as an IT area manager is the support provided by Customer Service of the tool.
ConsIn my IT staff season, I could notice a total liking of the users so I do not generate any contra to choose this software, you can use it in your company without any inconvenience.
January 20, 2019
Justin T.
Reporting Manager
Semiconductors, Unspecified

“Excellent Reporting Tool!”

OverallWdesk is a lifesaver when it comes to SEC reporting. The software makes managing the reporting process easy to track and manage.
ProsThe ease of use and comparability to Microsoft Office features.
ConsThe binder features and how they are missing valuable functionality.
Connie L.
Manager of Financial Reporting
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees

“Wdesk review”

OverallOverall, I am satisfied with Wdesk functionality, it is user friendly, the link is awesome, and great customer service. Someone is always there to help whenever we need immediate assistance.
ProsUser friendly, link functionality is awesome, can work anywhere due to its accessibility and great customer service.
ConsIt tends to be slow (for example, saving an edit or just trying to switch to another section) as we get closer to the filing deadline.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it.
Emily P.
April 13, 2017

“Wdesk- Business Solution for Your Needs”

OverallI've had great experiences with Workiva/Wdesk. They are always releasing new features to enhance the usability and are very open to receiving feedback. My customer service representative is extremely knowledgeable about the tool, best practices, and my company so that I get the best solution every time. The hotline is open 24 hours a day so even during crunch time, I know I can get assistance. The tool helps with SEC, regulatory, and internal reporting, as well as audit, presentations, data collection, you name it. If your company has data, Wdesk can help.
Jesse B.
5001-10,000 employees
April 13, 2017

“Grass is greener with Wdesk”

OverallWdesk is a dependable, collaborative financial reporting platform that is supported by a dynamic accounting software company with a culture of continuous improvement. We made the switch to Workiva two years ago, and I can assure you the "grass is greener" on the other side.
Karby N.

“SEC Filing Made Easy”

OverallWorkiva has made the overall process much easier, from pre-cycle to filing. There is less stress about timing, input and revisions. XBRL has become manageable and dare I say, enjoyable. I know without a doubt if I get stuck and need help, my CSM will be there to guide and help. Workiva is a great product that myself and team find very user friendly.
Dana D.
Insurance, 10,001+ employees

“Webfilings”

OverallWebfillings has a lot of potential and works for us now but the overall the software is slow and we are not able to do everything we'd like with it and the new features do not come out very often. Customer service has always been great.
ProsEverything is in one place and we don't have to download anything.
ConsIt is overall slow, and the features we want and that we feel should be basic and already included do not come out very quickly. We would like it to be more trackable, to show completeness and also use it for external tracking. All of the tracking features that are included do not work for us.
Sandhya C.
Director, External Reporting
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees
April 13, 2017

“Essential resource for SEv Filers”

OverallWith a very small staff, I succeed in filing on time, every time with Wdesk and the awesome customer support team at Workiva.
ProsIntuitive and easy to master
ConsYou wish you could learn all the features at the get go.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure to get the right fit for the right size.
Anand S.
IT Coordinator
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
October 4, 2018

“Best software for compliance & reporting. ”

Proswe use it everyday, easy to connect with MIS and ERP software. We get clear picture using the data figure generated through it. It has helped us a lot in taking many crucial decisions because of the inside data it produces out of our ERP system.
ConsNo cons so far, working perfectly alright.
October 4, 2018
Joseph M.

“Sussex Bank Review”

OverallOverall our experience has been great. I would recommend the system to any or all peers. The support team have been a pleasure to work with.
Alex D.
April 13, 2017

“Workiva - All Around Home Run”

OverallI've been using Workiva since 2011, and I've had nothing but great experiences with them. Navigating through Workiva is a breeze and their customer support is fantastic.
Amy C.

“Great tool!”

OverallWorking in Wdesk is extremely user friendly. It makes collaboration and filing easy and the customer service representative are always ready to help!
Anna W.
April 17, 2017

“So user friendly! Great customer service!”

OverallThe WDesk software is incredibly user-friendly and the customer service and outreach team are phenomenal to work with!
April 17, 2017
Douglas I.

“Pinnacle Review!”

OverallWorkiva has been outstanding for issuing our 10Qs and 10Ks and the customer support is terrific. Would highly recommend!