QCBD Ratings

Overall
4.8/5

About QCBD

The AFFORDABLE SOLUTION for small to mid-size companies. Designed specifically for MANUFACTURING companies, Quality Collaboration By Design (QCBD) is an integrated Quality Management Software for managing all your quality data. QCBD dramatically reduces the cost of achieving and maintaining compliance to quality management standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485, AS9100, TS 16949 and SQF 2000 / ISO 22000. Window-based application (client-server, not a web application) Learn more about QCBD

Marifrances C.
Sr QA Engineer
Biotechnology, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2018

“Amazing QMS software. Unbelievable price. Unparalleled technical support. A real find!!”

OverallWe have used QCBD since 2012 when we started to seriously work toward certification to ISO 13485. QCBD facilitated our certification readiness because the QMS forms/records function (customer complaints, change orders, process deviations, corrective actions, etc) ensures that the completeness of documentation is consistent; data fields can be set to "required". Document revision control is further ensured because QCBD automatically prints a release status and print date timestamp along the top edge of each page, by default. User access is managed with a flexible system of use privileges/right as set by a QCBD Administrator. The electronic signature feature is compliant with 21 CFR Part 11. Lots of features. I 100% recommend QCBD to anyone who asks.
ProsAll the QMS document control and record requirements are addressed with a single application, QCBD. Everything is in one place. Records can be linked together which makes the whole story easy to remember and explain to an auditor. Certification auditors and auditors who come on behalf of our customers are always impressed with our documentation and record control. Our certification auditor told us she has suggested QCBD to clients who are still struggling with manual document control and QMS records systems because they think they cannot afford a software-based system. Technical support is responsive, helpful, and gracious. Suggestions for improvement are considered. The technical support is the best I have ever worked with. Ever!
ConsCustomization options are less flexible than I would like; some modules are more flexible than others. I would like to see better supporting documentation. The hotfix software upgrade notes are not always clearly written. The user manuals are not as complete as I would like, however, the on-line videos are helpful and easily accessible.
September 18, 2018
Michealle H.
Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Biotechnology, 51-200 employees
June 3, 2019

“Mostly Pleased with this product”

OverallI needed a way to electronically route documents and I had a limited budget. As our company grows we many not be able to keep this system, but I hope we can. Our parent company really does not like this software. Other divisions wanted to try it, but they indicated it would not happen.
ProsIt is easy to use, changing modules and customizing them is simple compared to other eQMS systems. I want to implement the full package but resources and time make it difficult for me to begin implement all the modules.
ConsSome of the updates really cause problems. A recent one for example. Otherwise there is more to like than dislike. The search capabilities are limited, I really want to be able to search by part number, or search by words with the document. I wish it would save the search I was on so I don't have to go back to recreate the search. I do use the filter and that helps but there is some inconvenience with the search capabilities. I also would like an email alert for equipment that can be set up to notify me when a piece of equipment is due for maintenance or calibration.

By CAMA Software on June 4, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. The glitch in the recent update has been resolved. Searches that you create can be saved as "Saved Queries". The Report Engine can provide automatic email notifications such as the calibration due that your describe.
June 3, 2019
Phillip M.
Sr. Quality Assurance Specialist
July 26, 2018

“The QCBD software has been without a doubt, a significant improvement in our QMS system.”

OverallOur company benefited greatly by purchasing and installing QCBD as our quality management system. The results were apparent within the first couple months when reporting began that QCBD software really does work. Its a great solution that provides great management tools for any size company. I have used the software at two different companies and has seen major improvements within the quality system.
ProsQCBD software has made compliance to 21 CFR Part 11 and other standards very easy. The validation package that is received with the software is easy to follow and very detailed and complete. Also, the integration of modules and being able to link between different records has made our control of documents and records much easier, including training. Training was poorly controlled at our company prior to QCBD, within the first month, we had a grip on the entire companies training.
ConsOverall, the QCBD software has fulfilled our companies requirements for an electronic quality management system. Although at times during customization and setup, there were challenges to overcome, but CAMA software was always helpful, responsive and had always found a solution that worked for our quality system.
J.C. R.
V.P. of Engineering
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
September 16, 2019

“QCBD for Embedded Computing Industry”

OverallWe just passed our 12 month ISO9001 surveillance audit with zero non-compliances. Our entire QMS audit was conducted in a conference with pretty much nothing by QCBD up on the screen going through various processes and procedures. QCBD is truly the best investment we've made as part of our ISO prep.
ProsEase of use, SQL-based, thin client software easy to distribute to the whole company. It allows us to be mostly paperless. We also like that it is locally installed on our servers and not cloud-based...less prone to data loss.
ConsThe initial setup was a time-consuming and little bit onerous but once it is setup, the maintenance is minimal...it just runs.
September 16, 2019
J.C. R.
Director of Engineering and Quality
Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2018

“QCBD makes IOS9001 Audits a breeze!”

OverallWe love it. QCBD is the linchpin for almost everything we do with respect to QMS and quality improvement.
Pros1. Full featured product with all the relevant modules necessary for a typical ISO9001 audit. 2. Makes the audit as simple as bringing up QCBD in a conference room and walking the auditor to all relevant document, procedures, and records from CARS and NCMRs, to Document Control and Training. 3. The price is ridiculously low compared to comparable products.
ConsCustomizing the user interface for the various modules is not very straightforward, but it is manageable. The trouble is that when we haven't done it in a long time, we have to figure it out again from scratch.
October 1, 2018
Andrew D.
Quality Assurance Coordinator
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2016

“ISO 9001 / API Q1 Approved!”

OverallI tested out numerous QMS systems, and QCBD was the easiest to use. Not to mention, i's on your network, so there's no worry about those cloud database's monthly or annual charges.
ProsThe training records, equipment control and document control are easy to use. Setting up the training saves a lot of time down the road.
ConsConfiguring the training records, can get a little confusing, but you get used to it pretty quickly. Customer support could be a little faster at getting back to you.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are in the need for a QMS database, QCBD is great. It's a one time fee for all the modules, or you can buy them each separately. Obviously it's cheaper to buy them all together. We only use half of them currently, but are making efforts to start using the others within the year.
August 22, 2016
Edward S.
Quality Manager -- ASQ-CQA, CQM
Biotechnology, Unspecified
February 14, 2018

“I am now at my 3rd company using QCBD. Each has benefited greatly for audits and day to day use.”

OverallMy first experience with QCBD, the company already had it installed. The other two realized the opportunity and instituted the application without reservations. Management, auditors and operators enjoy how simple it is to use and how easy it is to find the QMS information and data.
ProsWhat impresses me most; is having external customers and their executives, with expensive and complex eDMS tools, appreciate the amount of information available within a few screens and search clicks.
ConsThe amount of data that can be searched by or with an auditor increases the likelihood of finding; which means we must be diligent in perusing everything.
February 14, 2018
Jamie N.
Quality Engineer 1
May 7, 2019

“QCBD”

OverallWe use QCBD for Complaints, Supplier Management, Nonconformances, Corrective Action, Training and have most recently started using it for PM.
ProsThe software is very user friendly and I am continually finding out new capabilities that it has to help streamline procedure to software. QCBD is easy to follow and has appropriate stops in place to mitigate inadvertently closing a record out before appropriate steps are complete. I have already recommended QCBD to suppliers.
ConsI would like to be able to just go back to my previous screen view by using a back arrow. When filtering data, and then opening one record from the filter, it doesn't allow to go back to the Spreadsheet view for that filter setting.
May 7, 2019
Eduardo M.
Quality Systems
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees
April 4, 2018

“A very intuitive software very easy to use, with a excellent price to accomplish regulation. ”

OverallI have experience with other 4 Quality software, all of them requires a lot of training. However QCBD was the more easy to learn how to used, the same week I started on my new company I was able to created reports.
ProsVery easy to use, that means complex training is not require. An accessible price for small and medium companies. Very easy to create simple excel reports Very easy to implement changes (for example include new fields if required)
ConsAutomatic email notification are not programmable for all reports. Automatic Graphs are not available from the Reports created.
April 4, 2018
Todd O.
Quality/Regulatory Consultant
June 15, 2018

“I have helped various clients achieve FDA Reg. compliance with QCBD-it is my #1 QMS software choice!”

ProsAs a Quality/Regulatory consultant, I help small to medium sized medical device manufacturers develop, implement, & maintain quality management systems. QCBD's ease of use, customization to user's needs, & awesome modular design, has always impressed auditors & inspectors, as well as the manufacturer's own customers!
ConsI don't have much for Cons.; I would like to see more use of graphics in the software such as equipment pictures in the Equipment Module etc., but this is minor.
June 15, 2018
Patrick S.
Compliance Manager
Defense & Space, 1001-5000 employees
December 13, 2016

“QCBD is an excellent easy to use quality software”

OverallWe are an aerospace, defense and medical technology company and use QCBD across 8 sites and utilize every module. While we have a separate MRP/ERP and document data vault, we utilize the Master List and Change Management modules along with the other modules. We have had excellent feedback from our AS9100, ISO 13485 and our many on-site customer audits regarding our use of QCBD. QCBD has become a staple for our company.
ProsIt is a one stop shop for handling your company's basic quality needs
ConsSetting up the training module with a large group and many documents takes time but is worth the effort
December 13, 2016
Kathy H.
Shared Services Document Control
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees

“Good service”

OverallGreat for document control
ProsUser-friendly easy to learn great for multi plants to use. Like the being able to view all sites or just the site you are located. Like the same rights as someone else.
ConsNot being able to put everything on tabs or moving some things around on the tabs. Some of the reports will not let you add who approval is waiting on. Would like if there was screen where you could move fields like in the change order tab.
Briana M.
October 4, 2019

“Great functionality, regardless if you are a large or small company”

OverallI love this quality system and is a great aid in day to day operations.
ProsThe MasterList, Change Order and Training Matrices/Plan is what I use most and has the most impact, I cannot begin to tell you the time save, tracking, etc that this gives.
ConsMy company is very specialized and there is one module we have found we at this time can't configure for use. But it hasn't stopped or made our current processes less effective.
October 4, 2019
Ed R.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
September 20, 2018

“Outstanding”

OverallQCBD is allowing Thermo Fisher Scientific, Scotts Valley, to upgrade the quality and efficiency of our QMS as the major component of re-instituting an ISO 9001:2015 registration for our site. I highly recommend this software for any organization in need of an easy to use and manage quality system.
ProsQCBD is an affordable, intuitive, flexible solution for any organization that needs and integrated QMS.
ConsMy only constructive criticism for CAMA is that when submitting questions or ideas for improvement via the online help desk, the initial responses are sometimes less than helpful. I've had a few experiences where what I had reported as my point of frustration was literally repeated back to me in a sort of "that's the way it is" language, without reference to my suggestion or question of what might be possible. This has never been a problem when reporting an error or bug; and I have to say that when I've dealt in particular, the support has been exceptional.
September 20, 2018
Lee H.
CTO
March 23, 2018

“Came to QCBD from a significant Agile PLM system - for my current needs, it works well.”

ProsComprehensive function for a very affordable price with solid technical support and descent mechanisms for streamlining operations in small operations.
ConsThere are a few feature enhancements that would be nice, and it's interface feels a bit dated, but it's fairly configurable and customizable for different needs.
March 23, 2018
Orlando M.
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 201-500 employees
January 30, 2017

“Good application”

OverallIt facilitates our work managing our system. modules cover main issues. Automatic e-mail remainders may be great to improve follow up.
Prosseveral modules, customization to user needs.
Consfollow up, e-mail remainders
Recommendations to other buyersNo

By CAMA Software on January 31, 2017
Thank you for your feedback. There is an optional feature called the "Report Engine". The Report Engine will allow you to configure the software to send e-mail notifications and reminders automatically.
January 30, 2017
Alden K.
Director of Quality
January 2, 2019

“QCBD ”

Overallextremely cost effective solution to a complete electronic documentation system that is multisite and auditor friendly.
ProsSimplicity for setting up and managing a robust documentation system
Consno major dislikes with this documentation system software.
January 2, 2019
Amanda L.

“Review”

ProsIt is user friendly. It is nice to see that all the QMS processes such us complaints, master list, corrective actions, non-conformance, deviations, supplier management and training are all captured in one database.
ConsVarious modules within the QCBD database has areas and fields that can not be modified to fit our company's need. Example: Equipment Management with work orders.
Carley N.
Document Control Specialist
May 17, 2019

“InControl Medical QCBD Review”

OverallAs a business, InControl Medical is paper based, QCBD will change that.
ProsThis software is easy to navigate, the manuals and videos are helpful for training, and it is very user friendly.
ConsA few things i noticed while completing the validation of QCDB for InControl Medical were, some of the wording in the validation instructions was unclear or miss guiding. There are quite a few typographical and grammatical errors within the software itself, the manuals, and the validation test instructions. Another thing i did not like is that the Master List module is the only one that the layout of the screen can be customized. If there is the option to "Hide" fields within tabs it makes the layouts obscure. As the admin user, id like to make each module layout flow nicely and have a nice page appeal if i'm going to be presenting to and training others.
May 17, 2019
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
November 29, 2018

“Decent Quality Control Program”

OverallWe are able to keep track of a number of Quality Audits, Quality Control, as well as Trainings for everyone in the company in a quick to see format. Quick reports give us access to the necessary data without having to delve deeply into semantics.
ProsWe are able to keep track of all our Trainings, and who needs to have their trainings updated or renewed easily.
ConsIt is a little clunky to use to begin with, not as user friendly as I would like.
November 29, 2018
Eric P.
IT Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees
December 26, 2018

“Great software, very affordable! ”

ProsThe price of this software is unbelievably low. The very first time I came across it, I honestly didn't think it'd be up to the job considering the price. It didn't take long to win me over though. Another thing is that it's easy to use and very user friendly. It's so easy to set up training and save them, thus saving time in the long run.
ConsThis is a great and very capable software, especially considering the price. The only thing I think needs improving is the ability to perform more customizations.
December 26, 2018
Brady K.
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees
June 26, 2017

“Very good software that is a great value.”

OverallHelped automate much of our Quality System.
ProsContains all the necessary modules and features that we need. Simple to set-up and use (even for non-IT professionals.
Jacqueline K.
ISO Coordinator
June 22, 2015

“Best QSM Software!”

OverallI have used several different QSM software's over the years and QCBD out shines all of them. It has many excellent features including electronic signature approval, individual employee logins, dashboard views for quick reference, managing of CARs, PARs and Suppliers and keeps excellent records for training and calibration. Our ISO Auditor is impressed with this software whenever he comes to audit. Our company of over 450 employees (and growing) and has incorporated our safety documents and safety training into QCBD because it manages it so well. What sets QCBD above the rest is the reporting feature in each module. So many various ways to sort data within the system. With the added Reports Engine Console the software runs reports and emails the necessary people within the organization on a time schedule set up by you. It does the work for you! Technical support is the best I have dealt with. I highly recommend this software!
June 22, 2015
Bob A.
Quality Director
Chemicals, 51-200 employees
May 12, 2017

“Effective Quality Database software at reasonable cost”

OverallOrganizes all my ISO requirements in one location
ProsExcellent customer support & fast responses Easy to set up and use Robust - Doesn't crash, drag, or freeze-up on network Low cost
ConsIn ability to add user defined fields within tabbed records - limited to one tab Cannot create separate asset lists Limited Maintenance module features
May 12, 2017
Erik M.
January 27, 2017

“Review MMT”

OverallQCBD is a nice, simple software. I appreciate the consistent support. I do have fears that once the quality system grows, there will be issues because of the lack of software functionality. For example, it is very helpful if you can search within documents for certain text to avoid updating one document and not updating the other. (I apologize if this exists but I don't realize it). Additionally, there are many times that I found where manual processing is required. For instance, in the change order module, we need regulatory to complete an assessment and quality to complete a secondary, final approval. (As far as I know) To set this up, there have to be tasks created which relies on the initiator to remember each time. Automatic tasks for change order types would be very helpful. The list goes on, but the software is very easy to understand and easy to integrate.
January 27, 2017
Michael M.
QCBD Admin/QA/Configuraiton Manager
May 19, 2016

“Great tool and easy to use.”

OverallI have been using QCBD for over 6 years and have been very pleased with its performance and ease of use, it is one of the best software purchases our company has made. We just completed a major audit with a customer and demonstrated QCBD's capabilities and they were very impressed. It is highly configurable to our company needs, but could use an additional module that can be customized to other business process such as inventory and bill of materials management. We have over 90 users and growing. We are using all of the modules for QA, Doc control/CM, Supplier Management and Training. We even customized the Deviation module to do Receiving Inspection since QCBD does not offer this as part of the software. I have to say that we are very happy with the level of customer service, which surpasses any of the other software applications we are currently using.
May 19, 2016
Stephanie F.
January 31, 2017

“Incredible product with incredible customer support”

OverallI do document control for our company, and have been tasked with customizing and setting up QCBD for our company's upcoming ISO 9001 registration. We do not have an IT person on staff and I have no database management experience at all, so I have been extremely impressed with the absolutely stellar customer support we have received and grateful for their patience and assistance with any and all questions I've had. Customer support is always timely, thorough, and thoughtful with their help and our suggestions or ideas for improving QCBD have been addressed. QCBD is also an incredibly robust, powerful product, and we have been extremely satisfied with all of the security, capabilities, and features it has to offer. A+ all around!
January 31, 2017
Richard B.
VP Operations
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
January 23, 2017

“National Cable Molding Review”

OverallOur implementation started last year and we don't expect to complete it until late 2017. This is mainly because: 1) we require significant customizations of the layouts to work with our systems, 2) limited staff resources to make the changes and verify the work., 3) after we verify all the changes and are ready to implement we will have to re-create those changes that we did in the test database in the production database. I asked about item 3 because it involves so much re-entry and was advised that's how it is. I suppose we could have done all the changes in the production database to begin with but that goes counter to the typical approach of verification of test prior to production. This is the most significant drawback we have found with QCBD. Overall, this does look like a very good solution for us and we are excited about the improvements to come.
ProsCustomizable layouts and general flexibility with the use of the data
ConsHaving to duplicate the changes done in the test database into the production database
Evan S.
Manager, Quality & Compliance
April 23, 2013

“Best software for the money”

OverallI would buy this again!
ProsMany good features, easy to use. Allow you to customize each module to meet your companies needs. Installation is easy. Can roll out one module at a time. Nice electronic signature feature. Good product!
ConsThe only con I have is moving your old data base into a new one. This is not really a con of QCBD but is true for moving from one database to another. CAMA does have good excell spreadsheets templates to help you do this, making it as easy as possible. QCBD has a nice selection of modules. I would like to see a few more, like Control Plans and PFMEA.
April 23, 2013
David G.
Head of Quality Systems
April 1, 2015

“Excellent affordable QA Transaction system”

OverallI implemented QCBD at my company 4 years ago and it has helped revolutionize the way the organizational approaches managing changes and deviations. Moving from paper to electronic approval allowed controlling changes through authorized deviations and dispositions, and made it part of the culture. The system is very flexible and configurable - there are very few areas where I was not able to configure it to collect exactly the data that I wanted. The newer version that came out in 2014 is even better, allowing me to hide areas that don't relate to our business. I highly recommend QCBD for small to mid size companies that need a system to manage their QA activity.
April 1, 2015
Seth M.
Quality Engineering Tech
October 28, 2015

“100% Positive”

OverallQCBD Premier has been a major asset to our quality system. We are using it for process deviations, nonconforming material reports, corrective and preventive actions, customer complaints, and supplier qualification. The software is easy to use, CFR part 11 compliant when validated, and comprehensive in its functionality. This product has more than paid for itself with the increased efficiency we have experienced since utilizing it. I would recommend QCBD to any company looking to establish and/or improve their quality system, with no hesitation.
October 28, 2015
COLLEEN G.
Quality Systems Manager
March 30, 2016

“I LOVE this program, wish I purchased years ago.”

OverallWe have sailed through the last ISO 13485 inspection using the QCBD program. I was quickly able to pull up documents and view status of all of our systems right from my desk. Keeping everything centrally located in the software has made training staff and control of our quality system easy and efficient. Carl and the rest of team have been very helpful no matter what I needed, from simple to complex questions. I recommend this product frequently to all my customers and vendors.
Conner S.
July 27, 2015

“Great program for a QA system”

OverallThis QA program is easy to use, requiring minimal "learning curve" time. Each module is "adaptable" to allow the module to be "tailored' as needed. Able to develop & issue an "Approved Suppliers' List" within minutes of use. Customer Service is fantastic. -- Always responsive and provides solutions that solve my problems. I would highly recommend this QA software to any who are limited in both man-power and financial resources. Great product at a great price.
July 27, 2015
Kevin D.
January 24, 2017

“QCBD Review”

OverallMy organization implemented QCBD approximately a year ago and have been extremely pleased with its performance and easy of use. The technical support of the CAMA software staff is second to none. I would recommend this product to anyone.
ProsEase of use and ability to customize.
ConsThere are a few bugs in file names if you use special characters in the names.
Recommendations to other buyersCustom support is outstanding.
January 24, 2017
Marianne G.
Technical Director and QAO
March 30, 2016

“I absolutely love QCBD. ”

OverallPros are simply the ease in which I can make entries and file all information I need for employees, complaints, and corrections. I work in QCBD about 3 hours a day. My only real con at this point is that the visible numbering system in itself is not indicative of what module the entry is located. I have gotten used to looking for the module info, but seeing a CA numered 1508 and a change order numbered 1508 is a little confusing at first glance.
Sarah T.
March 19, 2015

“Simple yet thorough software”

OverallOur company is relatively small and used a manual system for our QMS. I was looking for some kind of database to maintain all of our documentation and found QCBD to be exactly what I was looking for. There were a couple of minor glitches and areas where I wish it could do certain things, but overall it does 100% of what I need. In other words, I am completely happy with it. I would recommend this to any small company looking for a way to manage their QMS.
March 19, 2015
Bruce B.
January 23, 2017

“Best QMS database for the price”

OverallThis database is one of the best for the price. Pros: Very intuitive and video training is the awesome part. It covers everything you need to implement and to maintain ISO 9001 standard. Excellent in document control and comprehensive for CAR. Great built in search engine. Cons: Adding pop out reminder and automatic email reminder would make it even better.
Dan W.
Quality Associate
May 16, 2016

“For the money, QCBD is an unbeatable value”

OverallI have been in the Quality field for over 25 years. This is the best software that I have used for management of a Quality System. Easy to use, good documentation and online training. Technical Support is very fast to respond to questions. I would definitely say that for the money this software is a lot a bang for the buck. You can't go wrong choosing QCBD.
May 16, 2016
William H.
April 7, 2016

“Best for the price, and better than some that are more expensive.”

OverallVery impressed on how well thought out the entire package is designed. If you think of your "wants' and "must haves" that you would want to see in your Quality Software, it's already done in QCBD. With a little effort you can customize a good package and make it your own and tailor it to your organizational requirements.
April 7, 2016
Wolfgang W.
March 30, 2016

“QCBD offers the best overall package for small and medium sized companies. ”

OverallPros: Easy setup, easy to use, can be configured to the Needs of the Company, very reliable Cons: PDF Printer Header used to configurable and now it is fixed Desired Features: A possibility to link the QCBD database to other SW Systems, e.g. ERP System to Access e.g. the part number section and/or access documents
Chris K.
December 8, 2016

“Great product - very easy to use!”

OverallWe had to transfer from a Quality Management software package that was no longer supported. We found QCBD, and the staff explained the software and answered any questions we had. It was a very easy transition, and our team was able to begin using the software without any problems.
December 8, 2016
Roy I.
Quality Assurance Manager
January 22, 2016

“Used it going back”

OverallI am witness to two successful implementations and certifications. Now , in a new company, I am advocating the purchase as a third event for me. Does what you want it to do! Competitive Cost! Fits Small or large organization! Great tool!
January 22, 2016
Derek M.
March 6, 2017

“Quality Engineer”

OverallFor the price this is very suitable for our needs.
March 6, 2017
Jason H.
QA
March 31, 2016

“a good product and service for the price”

Overall1. Layout could be editable for all modules 2. need see "class" in the "dash board", not only the module.
March 31, 2016