River Cities Ratings

Overall

About River Cities

Small business software designed for managed print services, equipment leasing/rentals, manufacturing or remanufacturing management. Allows you to increase your brand awareness among your customers by having a frequent buyer program. Provides accounting system for office machine dealers, supply sales, cartridge re-manufacturing. Learn more about River Cities

Daniel H.
May 12, 2010

“Simple is Reliable & Best”

OverallI used River Cities for 3 years than switched to another industry leading software program. I did this under the recommendation of a consultant. Well after 3 years of using the other program, the consultant was fired and I went back to using River Cities. It was the best thing I did. I never should have switched. This mistake cost me over $45,000 in software, support and other fees. For our industry, River Cities is by far the best software for the money..
ProsThe software is easy to use. Writtem in SQL, the staff at River Cties has quickly implemented any custom changes that we have requested. The flexible service module allows us to bill multiple types of service contracts which gives us a competitive advantage. Very competitive pricing for a quality program and excellent customer support from the staff.
ConsBecause the system can do so much, the directions for setup and installation could have been easier. When we installed the program, a lot of the help screens were not active or complete. Since then this issue has been resolved and the help screens are easy to use and make training new employees easy.
May 12, 2010
Cathy C.
May 6, 2010

“River Cities software is Awesome!”

OverallExcellent software. It allows me to get answers for Customers or my Sales Manager in seconds. My office flows much better and I was able to eliminate one of my customer service positions. I highly recommend River Cities.
ProsI can monitor every aspect of my daily operations. I know immediately if a certain product is profitable and can respond quickly if it isn't. Allows me to see what is going on in the office and on the road by looking in a few areas. I always know which vendor gives me the best pricing on different products immediatly. I can set-up special pricing for my customers with ease. Service history is available in a matter of seconds, with my old software it took hours to get info. Purchase history for a customer takes seconds to get which allows my office to provide accurate information quickly to the customer. The forms produced such as pick tickets, invoices and work orders look very professional.
ConsI can't think of any. It meets all my needs. If I need an enhancement to the software the support area is very responsive.
May 6, 2010
Graydon F.
Owner / Pres.
December 13, 2010

“Office Equipment Service & Supplies Review”

OverallExcellent, full-fledged product.
ProsRiver Cities has everything I ever needed to efficiently manage my office equipment repair and supply business. The program enabled me to track all data the I wanted & keep me abreast of the financial health of my business. I ran everything from inside River Cities (Payroll; A/P; A/P; Service Contracts; Scheduling; Inventory etc.). which I appreciated. I sold the business 2 years ago and wish I would have used the software longer to be able to better utilize more of the features included. I currently use River Cities to operate a small Real Estate Management company. I highly recommend this product to anyone in this particular business. The support provided for this product, which is very important to me, is excellent.
ConsWith so many different features, there is a learning curve to understanding and implementing new modules.
December 13, 2010
Adam B.
February 6, 2011

“Great customer support”

OverallWe are a bit of a test case, as RCS didnt have a touch screen POS for a coffee shop already set up. After discussing requirements, we had an initial product up and running. We too didnt know exactly what our requirement would be and as we have gone along RCS have been fantastic in supporting us to create a POS for a coffee shop, taking orders, printing tickets reorganising structures that fit a small retail outlet. I would definately recommend RCS to small business looking for a flexible and easy to use system, that may require some extra changes to fit their needs as RCS are very open to discussion and changes. Customer service is excellent. Always on hand and being in Europe the overnight time difference in fact is an added benefit. Any questions sent after business is looked at and corrected by the next business morning !
Pros- Flexible - user friendly - works well
Cons- implementation a bit difficult
February 6, 2011
Erin W.
Office Administrator
May 13, 2010

“Excellent Software & Support”

OverallHighly recommended. Software and support are absolutely the best!
ProsExtensive amounts of information and reports are available at our fingertips. The reports and analysis that are available are wonderful. This software is so convenient that it has allowed me to take on additional responsibilities at our company that I would not have had time for otherwise. This is the perfect software for our business.
ConsNone come to mind, other than the fact that we could get even more from the software if WE took the time to utililze ALL of the features available - but this is a reflection on us, not the software!
May 13, 2010
Kevin M.
Operations Manager / Sales Administration
May 7, 2010

“River Cities is transparent and intuitive.”

OverallI would offer a very high recommendation for RCS -- the complete suite offers every thing we require and everything we wanted. Our company has a 25+ year relationship with RCS, and before we took on the latest version, we investigated several viable competitors, but in the end, RCS was the best solution for us.
ProsHighly detailed views of data, very good analysis tools, direct access to any information we require. Extremely acessible for new users or for those with a slow learning curve.
ConsFor all the components my company uses I really find no faults, except our lack of full utility of the program, which I hope to correct in time.
May 7, 2010
Gary S.
Working Partner
February 1, 2011

“Super POS System”

OverallIf you have a small to med retail business and need a simple/easy to use POS system, this is it! You will love it, your accountant will love you and so on. There is a small learning curve for the end user, but after that, its simple to use.
ProsSimple - easy to use - Best feature: uploads to QuickBooks. Best Pro: Manhaul! If you have a problem, he is your go to guy! Great to work with.
ConsFew bugs to work out at first, but all is great now. This is expected with any new custom type software.
February 1, 2011
John B.
Managing Partner
May 9, 2011

“River Cities Managed Print Billing”

OverallIf you are struggling finding an application to run your managed print business, this is a no brainer.
ProsA mature, robust, affordable, managed print billing application that can handle the complexities of todays managed print contracts.
ConsThe applications has many features and there is a learning curve after implementation.
May 9, 2011