Mindflash LMS Ratings

Overall

About Mindflash LMS

Mindflash delivers a modern learning management system to help companies train employees, customers, and associates better. Our cloud-based training platform connects people with the information they need to do business better -- no matter where they are. We make it easier for business leaders to enable customers, contractors, and other key partners for success. Learn more about Mindflash LMS

Tonya M.
MLS Administrator
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
July 11, 2019

“Easy - Create Powerpoint, Upload it, Create Quiz, Send it out”

OverallThe National Association of REALTORS made a requirement that if we require MLS (Multiple Listing Service) training, we must offer it online as well. Now we are compliant with that requirement. So there is that aspect of it. Furthermore, we had some out of area members that were not allowing people in their office to join here because we had required training that was only available in person. Because we now have some of that training online and may have other required classes available online in the future, we now have more members. Now that we have online training and I can quiz them on it, I know they know it, instead of just sitting in a classroom where all they have to do is sit there and be awake.
ProsEase of use, right out of the "box". We started using Mindflash a couple years ago when everything was called Series and Modules. It was/is so intuitive. Just upload your PowerPoint slides, add some YouTube videos, and create your tests. I enter students one by one because of the way we use it, but I love the option of being able to add them in batches. SO much easier than one by one when you have a lot to enter. When the Series and Modules changed to Modules and Courses, and the classes auto saved, it became even more streamlined! I love the new look and functionality. I love all the options. I don't use some of them, but I like that they are there.
ConsNot being able to delete (not just inactivate) users. I have had two or three people in my position from other associations call and ask about Mindflash. I tell them what I wrote above (generally) and offer to give them a login so they can see how it looks on the user side. It would be nice to remove them from our system so it doesn't skew our numbers. Also, and maybe this is something I should do, but I have agents contacting me all the time needing me to reset their module. When I explain how they can go to the home page and continue/resume or reset, they seem confused and either don't understand what I'm talking about, or don't see it. A brief "How to use Mindflash" tutorial autoplayed when they first login, with a link to play it again would be helpful, especially for those who are technologically challenged. Also if the house at the top left were bigger that would help too.
Ron H.
Dir Channel Support Programs
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
February 16, 2018

“Mindflash is a Solid but Basic LMS Performer”

OverallEven with the cons, I'd rate Mindflash a solid performer. You can quickly provide trainees a personalized dashboard. The content and user management interfaces are easy to use. The quiz options beat most of the platforms we've looked at. The platform provides basic LMS features at a very reasonable price. We've not had any showstoppers and our content library continues to grow. I'd recommend Mindflash as a solid but basic LMS for learners and administrators.
ProsBefore I review this product, it's important to note that there is a new version of the product available. We're currently waiting in line to be converted. However, I don't think many of these items I'm about to mention will change for us. I'll mention it where it matters. Mindflash is an easy to use LMS. We brought up a partner training program within a few months. It's a snap to bring up a trainee dashboard. Just add a little custom text, upload a graphic, and your good to go. The testing features are very good; true/false, multiple choice, multiple correct, label picture areas, label matching, and ordering of steps. The testing features will be even better in the new release. You can easily upload most content types and rearrange the sequence as needed. You can record audio right in the platform. There is reasonable Salesforce integration capability so, invitations and basic reporting can be done right in Salesforce. Administrators can easily flip back and forth between the admin and trainee views. The platform supports courses, series, and catalogs. There is a good set of options when building filters for viewing users or content. You can easily copy and modify course profiles and content. The in-platform reporting in our version of the LMS is abysmal. However, from what I've seen in the new version, reporting has some very big improvements.
ConsMindflash is best for large enterprises where you can take advantage of higher level subscription plans that have all the features. Since they segment their levels by feature (and not number of seats), we're missing what I would consider to be basic functionality. We are currently on a legacy plan named Advanced. We can't modify existing text in invite and reminder emails, we can only add text. We can't remove the large Mindflash logo from the emails. We can't customize the certificates for completion of courses and the quality of the existing certificate options is poor. If you need to automate the reminder emails, there is only three interval options, three days, seven days, and fourteen days (you pick one). While it's easy to launch a trainee dashboard, the layout is not what I'd call a rich UI experience. It's basic. The mobile options are limited. This is an app for tablets but nothing for phones. You can't provide a fully public link to a course. The trainee must set up an account to view the content. If you use the public course feature, the system will not synchronize with the Salesforce objects for that trainee. To force the synchronization, you must send an invite to the trainee from Salesforce after they have already started or taken the course, which can cause confusion.
February 16, 2018
Megan W.
Director of Programs
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
July 20, 2016

“Online Training for Nonprofit Employees and Volunteers”

OverallAnnually Sierra Service Project trains over 200 adult volunteers and 45 young adult staff members through Mindflash. We use Mindflash for two months a year intensively.
ProsVery easy to upload videos, PDF and Power Point files. Very easy to rearrange content, add quizzes, surveys and course/series requirements.
ConsNo spell check in quiz sections. Content can be slow to load for users with not excellent internet connection. Wish there was a better method for keeping an account instead of deleting and recreating each year without paying a monthly rate. Ability to make account "inactive" but not accessible for in between time.
Recommendations to other buyersWe used eLeap for one year to train our folks and we quickly went back to Mindflash (there was a year where they were rebuilding in 2011 I believe). We have been a customer since 2010 and have been very happy with response time, ease of use and updates throughout the years.
July 20, 2016
John M.
Marketing Specialist
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
July 21, 2016

“Excellent Sales and Marketing Tool For B to B Business”

OverallUsing Mindflash for both internal and external training allows my company to provide very good training that is clear, informative and easy in-training navigation. Mindflash allowed us to fill a missing piece to selling and properly training customers that need our support installing our products matching our stringent specifications. Using all of Mindflash's features and benefits has made our training the biggest success when launching a new product. Customer support has been the shining star when there is a question or even when we need introduction to numerous Mindflash administrators. We have domestic and international users so having the customer support, multi-language navigation options was very helpful.
ProsI like Mindflash's tools that help enhance my existing training content making it more attractive and vibrant. Navigation makes managing my content easy. Report and managing users helps my company stay on top of our trained users. Salesforce integration allows me to introduce tasks and tracking customer activity.
ConsSalesforce integration, being new to Mindflash, was a challenge. But the programmers response and effort help make the integration work helped us utilize the full benefits of using Salesforce with Mindflash.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure your training materials are organized before you enter into Mindflash. Mindflash is a great tool when you have great content!
July 21, 2016
Grant H.
Technical Trainer
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
June 23, 2016

“Mind flash Review as a Tech Trainer for Eastlink Cable systems”

OverallGreat online teaching tool, as a trainer for a company that is responsible for training over 700 technicians. When you consider that my tech's are spread out over the entire country (Canada) that is lot of territory to cover. Our training team is small so geographically speaking Mind flash gives us the tool to quickly send out training in a heartbeat. In addition we the tracking and reporting is great. Thanks Grant
Prosease of use
ConsPDF down load of trainee doesn't include all info however excel does
Recommendations to other buyersnope great product
June 23, 2016
Matt C.
VP Training
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
July 15, 2019

“Great tool for Operations”

OverallIts been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100%. Representative has been great work with.
ProsThis systems has proven to be easy to use, easy to train on and its simple to get folks up to speed on because of its ease of use.
ConsIt lacks a timer (to time out - not a due date) for assessments (like the NMLS exam, SATs, etc).
July 15, 2019
Karen G.
Training Coordinator
Automotive, 501-1000 employees
January 24, 2017

“Mindflash Feedback 2017”

OverallI think it is a great software, however, for training I am still looking for some added features: i.e. archived scoring, capturing training that has been completed pre-mindflash into the system etc..
ProsCompetency questions and the answer review. Trainees can view the correct answers. The use of different applications such as PP, Excel, Word, video
ConsI would like archived scoring to show if trainees improved. Add quizzes for live training and a complete functions.
Recommendations to other buyersOne thing Mindflash is good at is listening to their customers. My hope is that there will be changes as feedback get sent to you.
January 24, 2017
Ken T.
Education Specialist
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
March 31, 2016

“Great LMS and Customer Support”

OverallWe've been using Mindflash for over a year now and their product and support is top-notch. Improvements are made seamlessly and when there is a problem, customer support is prompt in responding. The interface is easy to use and intuitive. We've been able to launch and grow our eLearning product over the past year with ease and our customers are happy with the functionality and ability to access our courses from anywhere. I'm looking for more improvement on the reporting side and managing users is getting better. I like the ability to create a quiz and an evaluation within the product.
ProsEase of use. Great Customer Support. Intuitive for users. Easy to create a course, series and catalog as well as upload content. Great flexibility and choice when it comes to creating a quiz and an evaluation. I like that you can integrate with Shopify for monetizing class offerings.
ConsAdvanced reports could be better. I would like to see more ability and ease of creating customer fields. Would like to see a live environment to produce and conduct virtual learning.
Matt G.
Training Director
Construction, 201-500 employees
February 14, 2017

“Easy to use for both admins and users”

OverallI've been a user for over a year now, and the ease of use is a huge reason why we purchased the service and also expanded. We started with the idea that we would only use Mindflash for the 25 agents in our call center, however we now use it for our home office of 200 people, and also use it with our corporate office which does training for another 250 people. It's been a great value and I would recommend it to anybody needing an LMS system.
ProsEase of use, ability to track and segment, types of questions available.
ConsNothing glaring
Recommendations to other buyersUse the recording software when building classes rather than after.
February 14, 2017
Derek B.
Health and Safety Manager
Research, 201-500 employees

“Extremely Helpful”

ProsI love that the software can house tons of records for my company to login and use for quality compliance.
ConsNot many cons with the software. The feature I dislike is some of the automatic arrangement features when arranging content, but there ways around.
Dan B.
National Operations manager
July 6, 2011

“Perfect for compliance”

OverallTheir service is the key to this product. They have a great base, a great team, and are very good at opening up their scope to their customers. While they still have some room to grow, their willingness to listen to their customers and implement based on their needs will surely make them stand out in this industry. They have saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of flying around the company training employees to meet OSHA and DOT regulations. I highly recommend Mindflash.
ProsThis is a great option for companies that need to train nationally, especially when dealing with OSHA and DOT requirements. One certified trainer can build the online course and manage training for every employee company wide. Customer service and communication has been stellar since day one of the Beta testing, and they have always communicated well. They also have a great forum that they are very attentive to, which allows the users to vote as a group on priority issues and features that they'd like to see. From a company standpoint this is a very good option for internal training.
ConsThere are still some very minor limitations that are being worked on, but these are few and far between. They are working towards better support for individuals who would like to create courses and accept payment.
July 6, 2011
Stephanie G.
Program Consultation Director
Individual & Family Services, 501-1000 employees
January 19, 2017

“Easy to use training platform”

OverallWe've had much success with enrolling and tracking our trainees that span multiple states and training needs.
ProsEase in creating courses and tracking trainee progress
ConsWould like some additional features like reminders, easier options to upload handouts into courses and some others.
Recommendations to other buyersNo
January 19, 2017
Cameron J.
Senior Operations Manager
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
January 25, 2017

“Great Software for Training”

OverallMind-flash has been invaluable to our company. It has changed the way that we conduct business and cut our cost from a training prospective. Mind flash integrates very well with other software. It is so easy to create mindflash courses when new material is being presented and trained on.
ProsThe ability to get up and do a module whenever we need one.
ConsLimit of users
Recommendations to other buyersOver all it is great, it has changed the way we do training forever.
January 25, 2017
Michelle W.
Director of Knowledge Solutions
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
July 18, 2016

“One word - wow!”

OverallWe've been using this for a year to track certification training. Mindflash has helped to make our employees' lives easier because the training is available in one place and can be access anytime, any where they have Internet connectivity and from any device.
ProsEase of use for both the trainees, trainers and admins.
ConsRe-certification is still missing.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't hesitate to purchase Mindflash - it's been nothing but a positive experience!
July 18, 2016
Rob K.
Learning & Development Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 201-500 employees
July 12, 2019

“Reaching out to staff across two continents”

OverallMindflash has allowed us to increase our training 'reach', firstly across multiple locations in South Africa and now also into our business interests in the UK as well. We plan to extend this further into mainland Europe in the future. Online training in our industry has been revolutionized by our bespoke learning content.
ProsThe ease of use without the need for specialised software and additional downloads. We can work from existing materials authored in everyday Office software.
ConsNothing to dislike. Challenges we initially anticipated have not materialised.
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
December 26, 2017

“Easy to use LMS”

ProsThis LMS was a breath of fresh air after using a big name player for the last few years. The software is simple and easy to administer. We have all the functionality we need and can accomplish all the same tasks we did previously but in less amount of time.
ConsIt would be nice if the had a better way to connect with our HRIS and some additional automation. This can all be accomplished through their API but that requires a tech resource we don't have.
December 26, 2017
Connie Q.
QA/RA Analyst
July 14, 2017

“Mindflash fits our needs for issuing and tracking training within the organization. ”

ProsAccessible on the cloud on both computer and mobile device. Easy to set up new users. Cost effective for small organizations like ours. Ability to maintain training results and obtain certificates for records for auditing. Accepts all file types that we use - PDF, PPT, DOC, etc.
ConsNot the most intuitive the first time around creating a course or inviting new trainees. Too many email notifications. Some functions are still very manual, including reporting.
Nathan H.
Director of Operations
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
December 16, 2016

“A Good Training Platform”

OverallIt's all about the videos. Mindflash is a really good way to train your company if you can't have regular in person meetings. It saves a lot of time onboarding employees since you can just have them watch videos you previously recorded.
ProsThe ability to record and store training sessions, and to organize them in a course. It makes it really useful and very good for training purposes.
ConsYou can't delete users, you just have to archive them. The UI is a little messy. You can only have 1 admin.
December 16, 2016
Jason B.
Training Manager
Insurance, 501-1000 employees

“Mindflash LMS”

OverallOur business relies on a national network of damage appraisers. Remote training is difficult and costly at times, therefore we were needing a way to successfully train close to 1000 people at the same time, spread across the entire U.S. Mindflash has given us the flexibility to train them all without pulling them off the road during the day for live webinars.
ProsMindflash helps to keep the training more focused. With the ability to assign training to individuals, or entire regions with a few clicks of a mouse is great. The Mindflash reporting capabilities are very good and easy to use.
ConsThe tiered pricing structure is frustrating at times. We sometimes need to add more users, but we don't need more features. We end up paying for additional features that we never use. If we need to add one more person above our current tier limit, we have to go to a completely new level and price structure rather than just pay to add a user.
Denise W.
HR Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

“I like it!”

OverallI have put together several Mindflash training sessions and really like it. It is a very easy, simple way of teaching people about a subject, providing a quiz to check their knowledge, and then using the tools to see completion of the training and how people did. It is awesome.
ProsVery easy to use! Great way to train people. Simply make up your PP presentation, upload it, put some audio with it if you want (rehearse as many times as you wish), and send it out to the users you want to do the training. Then, remind them if you need to by resending the link. Also find out how everyone did and who has completed and who hasn't. LOVE IT!
ConsThe only thing I have a little difficulty with is when I have audio and have to change the Powerpoint slides around the audio doesn't move so you have to redo the audio. I have not called customer service on this so maybe I am just doing something wrong??
Randall P.
Business Consultant
March 2, 2015

“Good and Getting Better”

OverallMindflash is a very effective course delivery tool. We use it mainly to train customers how to use our software. It delivers content in an effective manner, and is easy for end users to navigate. Creating a course is very straightforward and many different types of media can be incorporated into the course design. There are quiz and survey creation and delivery tools, which are useful however require more development to make them truly efficient to use. Although Mindflash excels in course delivery it has several significant limitations when it comes to user management. Although there is fairly good course-to-student relationship management laid out, the student-to-course relationship is very poor at this point and needs significant work. There is no effective way to manage one student and all of their courses at this time. I understand that Mindflash is undertaking a significant overhaul of the software to address the user management issues. I have found their development team to be very open to new ideas and very receptive to customer feedback. I anticipate that the user management side of things will be much better in the near feature. Overall I find this product very useful and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud-based training system.
March 2, 2015
Greg F.
Managing Partner
Construction, 1-10 employees

“Review of Mindflash”

OverallTraining can be conducted at any time that suits, in addition it is possible to quickly upload a training course as it is required by customers.
ProsMindflash is a great platform to conduct online training. It enables the participants to undertake the online training when it suits them and provides an opportunity for the assessment as part of the process.
ConsNothing really, it works well and good value for money.
Mike D.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
July 11, 2017

“Mindflash is very versatile”

OverallQuality product overall. I would recommend it to a friend. The cost for us is beyond what we can afford.
ProsAbility to integrate or embed multimedia into courses. The reporting is very thorough. Certificate customization is useful.
ConsNo spell check in the quiz development section, inability to send emails to a group of learners. Payment integration technology is not the best
July 11, 2017
Nicole C.
Training Coordinator
Philanthropy, 10,001+ employees
January 25, 2019

“Okay system, but lacks in many areas where other LMS are ahead of the game.”

ProsI liked uploading my excel spreadsheets to the system and having mass invites and reminders sent to users.
ConsThere were several things I did not enjoy about this system. The reporting was off when we would run reports on the same things on different days. I also did not like the lack of drop-down options for our users, which made reporting demographics difficult. Above all, it was not a user-friendly system for our users. Many were confused and had difficulties logging in and completing the training. This was the ultimate deal-breaker after being with Mindflash as an organization for just over 3 years.
January 25, 2019
Steve D.
Professional Development Coordinator
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees
August 18, 2017

“Mindflash is an great system. It has allowed us to improve our training program.”

ProsIt is user-friendly. We can easily create training that is geared to our own needs. We can update or correct the training as needed. Our staff find the trainings easy to use.
August 18, 2017
Dennis S.
Corporate Trainer of Compliance
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
July 14, 2017

“Very user friendly...just open it up and go!”

OverallAttendance of new material delivery and testing for understanding it can now be done online. Being a department of one, it is a huge time saver. Tracking users' activity takes me minutes now instead of hours. We have a lot of annual requirements I need to track and report back to the government and this is allowing me much more time to work on material and not have to monitor end users.
ProsThe ease of entering material into it. The quizzes are easy to create and there is a large variety to select. Adding additional material to a course is sooo easy! Maintaining users is simple. It won't let you make a mistake.
ConsNo spell check in quizzes. Can't make edits to a particular slide in a course, but edits are made externally and easily replaced in Mindflash.
Rimoun O.
Senior Manager, Learning & Development
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
June 9, 2017

“Easy to use, but won't take you far”

ProsI liked how easy it is to use Mindflash, however I found it to be very basic and at the time we used it, it was flash based and required you downloading an app for mobile use.
June 9, 2017
Roman B.
Director of Special Projects
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
June 21, 2016

“What an excellent solution for training for our staff.”

OverallWe implemented a series of training for our HIV/AIDS case managers, about 130 folks, and have standardized training and are able to track it all so smoothly. All the hiccups we had were user errors and we were able to resolve those quickly.
ProsSaves tons of money by not having to have so many in person training sessions. Navigation and set up could not be easier. Very flexible. The youtube videos and support are great.
ConsTakes a while for non tech savvy folks to get the hang of.
Recommendations to other buyersThis was the perfect solution for us and we highly recommend Mindflash to anyone looking for new creative ways to train staff.
June 21, 2016
David H.
Manager - Organisation Development
June 30, 2015

“Excellent to work with - easy , flexible and acheiving professional learning outcomes”

OverallMany choices to achieve learning outcomes from people with various learning and computer skills. Easy to set out a course that meets the learning outcomes. Easy to make changes - view etc. before activating course - also making changes after the course has been activated. A variety of media to choose from - Audio, You tube, still photos and video (can be taken from camera, tablet or phone) A course can be developed off-line before uploading into an online course. Excellent reporting options - either course or trainee Tracking trainee participation is easy and time efficient. Distributing the selected course is quick and easy. The overall management of each course is easy The communication between trainer and trainee is quick and effective. Customising each course is quick and easy - easy to follow videos to assist the trainer when starting up Genuine support from the staff at Mindflash. Response time is very good (depending on time difference from where the trainer is located) I rate this on-line training as excellent - our staff are also very confident using it. I have used others and Mindflash is a long way out in front.
June 30, 2015
Dannette F.
Director, Learning Services
September 9, 2015

“Mindflash, a great entry- to mid-level LMS solution.”

OverallA learning management system (LMS) must address the needs of the ultimate end user, our internal and external customers. The LMS selected must have key features that allow users to be actively involved in their training. In the search to determine and compare key benefits and features, we identified industry-leading SaaS LMS providers, and participated in live demos and system trials to create our key features list. This list was used to compare the providers and determine our top three on our short list of providers. Our exclusive goal was finding an easy to use and flexible solution that contained most of the key features on our list. At a minimum, the LMS should have all the necessary on-line course tools for assessment, communication (tracking and reporting) collaboration, and the creation and management of on-line learning courses and program tracks. We completed a feature list comparison and found that Mindflash is our optimal solution provider. Mindflash met the majority of our feature requirements in side by side comparisons. We're thrilled to partner with Mindflash!
September 9, 2015
David P.
National training Manager
July 7, 2011

“Almost There..”

Overall- Some of my update requests are ignored if other users do not share my same idea/opinion. - Quizzing functions need an overhaul, still seems very basic and limited, AND I am not sure if I am using it correctly / efficiently. Some areas of MF have been extremely well explained, while other areas remain as self-taught disciplines, which I think limits users and limits the effectiveness of the final, end-user product.
ProsCan do just about anything we need when it comes to training. Platform will accommodate both animation & narration, as well as video from multiple sources. Extremely useful.
Cons-Color palette - no reason for the color palette to remain limited to (3) very simple schemes. -Quizzing formats still need a lot of help: --Incorrect answers need pop-ups w/ correct/ed info. --Nd to be able to document time spent in a course by trainees. --Quiz labels DO NOT hold enough characters. --Picture upload is limited in size and space, limiting the versatility of this option.
July 7, 2011
Dianne H.
Training Program Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 1, 2017

“Love how easy it is to use this product. Love the CSM team. Everyone is so responsive ”

OverallMany. Easy to update and intuitive is most important to me right now. When showcasing the selected tool, others trainers/admin appreciate it's ease-of-use (easier to justify purchase when they see and understand what the program is trying to accomplish). Service is great. If CSM team don't have an answer right away, they will find out for me. They are concerned about my success.
ProsEasy to update (modular). Intuitive UI. Not a huge learning curve (don't have time for a learning curve). Service is excellent.
ConsSmall things-custom certificates is an add-on. Some screen resolution issues with simulations. Can't save recorded audio when all I need to do is replace the slide.
September 1, 2017
Monique B.
April 6, 2016

“Mindflash has been a gift.”

OverallOur company grew from 20 to 60 employees in a few years and face to face training sessions became very time consuming for participants and trainers alike. Many of our courses are repeated annually and must cater for new starters and long serving employees alike. By giving staff this online raining option, Mindflash allows everyone to work at their own pace. This also prevents employee frustration at having to attend a course "to make up the hours". As the course coordinator I rate the ease of sending course invitations, automatic quiz marking, and the results and attendance monitoring and reporting as reason alone to invest in this product.
April 6, 2016
Tyler A.
Senior Operations Officer
December 8, 2016

“Excellent Tool!”

OverallMindflash is incredible. Honestly, we've used other platforms in the past that were good. But, Mindflash takes the cake. Everything from the simplistic user interface, the real time reporting capabilities, the ability to customize and automate certificates for users (saves a ton of manual labor), and the training tool / arranger / compiler...whatever you want to call it - it's incredible. This is an all in one training system that certainly meets our needs and I am confident it will meet yours. Test it using the free trial period - it will put a smile on your face!
ProsSimple, great options, great reporting.
ConsBeen using for 3 months and just keeps getting better as I learn more.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it. Like it. Get it.
December 8, 2016
Susan W.
Senior Business Analyst (SharePoint Support/Training & ServiceNow Training)
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

“Excellent Experience!!”

OverallA few months back, members of my management came to me with a need to get a customer facing training site up and running really fast. They wanted it to be VERY professional looking and easy to use. I did some Google-ing and found Mindflash and a few of their competitors. After analyzing all, I settled on Mindflash. We contacted them and received a demo and fast forward 45 days later and the site was up and running. (The length of time to implement was not Mindflash related; it was the humans who had to write the content!)
ProsOur authors are savvy in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint and with barely an hour's training they were up and running assembling their courses. Our assigned sales/technical contact was (& continues to be) extremely responsive. Our customers have found the offerings to be VERY easy to use and impressive to boot. They love being able to access Mindflash content on mobile devices as well.
ConsI am sitting here trying to think of a negative and I cannot. Working with the Mindflash team and feedback from our users has been a great experience.
Felix F.
Project Leader
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
May 22, 2018

“Is easy to learn and intuitive in most of its modules.”

ProsThe best thing about this LMS is its flexibility to invite participants to enroll in the courses, the user experience is very simple for my liking, the loading of content is very simple, the whole environment is very simple, I have worked with better LMS
ConsA software developer understands very well how to create reports, but for the end user it is not easy, they are quite simple and not detailed reports, the structure of prices / user plans is not very flexible. It has the basic functions of an LMS but can be improved.
May 22, 2018
Alyssa T.
Global Resorts Coordinator
Sporting Goods, 501-1000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
March 2, 2016

“Intuitive for trainers and essential for trainees”

OverallMindflash is a superb tool for companies that need to train a large amount of individuals but aren't able to do so in person. I am just in my first year of using the program as an admin/trainer. I designed the course and distributed it globally. It's very easy to create a course and tailor it to your needs. My team is now able to access and educate hundreds of clients that we were unable to reach before.
ProsEasy to create, distribute, and track courses/trainees. Anyone can be trained as long as they have an internet connection. The team that works for Mindflash is very easy to reach and extremely helpful when it comes to questions that come up.
ConsVery few trainees complained about the password strength rules. One trainee was unable to complete a course because she was on an older device, but this is not a huge issue at all.
March 2, 2016
Giles S.
Learning & Development Project Manager
October 23, 2014

“Unique features to meet our needs”

OverallWe have found that Mindflash is one of the easiest products to use to quickly deploy high quality short courses for our association. It works very well, is flexible and powerful yet simple to design & deploy. In our experience the seamless way Mindflash imports and converts our Powerpoint training slides and then allows us to insert other material between the slides in the converted set is unique and accelerates development and deployment significantly. The quiz options provided give us creative ways to check and reinforce learning and make the experience more enjoyable and engaging - a key factor for us. We could always ask for more in a product but the balance here is just right and gives us a real advantage - any further complexity might just take away its edge. All contact with the Mindflash team has received prompt, professional and helpful responses - a very refreshing experience. In summary, a great product that meets our needs very well, and a great company to deal with.
October 23, 2014
Peter G.
Training Development Manager
November 10, 2014

“From Paper to E-Learning with Mindflash ”

OverallMindflash has revolutionised the way we deliver theory training within our company. We have made a seamless transition from paper based documents to 100% on-line E-Learning modules. Mindflash is one of the easiest systems to use to arrange short courses, build a series towards a certificate of competency, or just to ensure all staff are aware of changes within our business or a client's business. The quiz feature allows imaginative ways to assess staff and reinforce learning objectives. The tracking feature and advanced reports are a key to our operations, they have alleviated the need for copious spreadsheets and administration intervention. We have ten administrators who are actively using the product across Australia and New Zealand. The ease of use meant we didn't have to spend more than one hour in explaining its functions. Over the year (our first year) we have had staff complete 2,500 courses and the system is a great success.
November 10, 2014
Erica R.
HR Coordinator

“Mindflash Confusion”

Overallthere are a lot of great functions, but it's a basic website, there are areas that could be tweaked, sometimes its confusing coming in as a newbie, but once you get the hang of it, the website admins think it's cute to move things around on you and change things. i get that you want to update your site, but give us a heads up, send out an email. sometimes adding/dropping people can be a hassle, why can't i archive people from the main trainee page?? when i am trying to add a new candidate, and it alerts me that there is a duplicate email, why can't i clear the cells, if i add them to a group, there is a clear all function, but that doesn't work for the first, last and email options, why have a Clear all Button if it doesn't work?? why is there a manage users page and a trainees page?? that is so confusing and redundant. if i'm trying to archive someone i can't see when the modules were sent and i have to toggle back and forth to clear up the list when if they were all on one page, i could just do everything from one darn page! the site does what we need for a basic training module, but overall, there are some big problems.

By Mindflash Technologies on June 11, 2014
Erica, thanks for taking the time to write a review. Mindflash constantly responds to customer feedback and yes we do make changes to the product. To minimize the disruption it may cause, we send email and in-product notifications about webinars and demos before any major changes. It looks like we aren't meeting your workflow needs. We will follow up to learn more and see how we can improve the flow for you so that we can make your life easier. The Mindflash team
Tim B.
Director, Corporate Learning & Development
February 17, 2014

“Great Tool for Current Non-eLearning Users”

OverallI've been in the learning and development for over 20 years and am now at a new company. This new company, until my arrival did not have an e-learning strategy. With Mindflash we now have a path to deliver just-in-time flexible training for our company. I've worked with high-end multimedia learning development tools in the past and Mindflash offers a new user/trainer a way to build an online cirriculum quickly and easily! It is easy to learn and even easier to use! There are a currently a few limitations - like being able to extract needed content, like existing courses for review and update, extracting trainee list in to a spreadsheet, extracting "missed" questions on a quiz. Also, would love to see the ability to track "attempts" on a quiz. Overall, I think the mindflash application is extremely useful and we have built a great set of online training modules for our internal teams. Thank you Mindflash - keep the updates coming!!
February 17, 2014
Jennifer S.
Director of Compliance
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
April 12, 2017

“Great LMS System”

ProsAwesome features, progress charts, voice-over options, dynamic quiz options, variety of formatting options for different training styles and modules.
ConsThis system doesn't currently sync with our HRIS system (Paylocity) but the features are worth it for the ease of use and customization.
April 12, 2017
Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1000 employees

“Mindflash Review”

OverallWe began using Mindflash for both internal and external training in July '15. The customer support is exceptional, the team is flexible and open to suggestions for improvement. Super simple to upload, edit and distribute educational modules and the back end tracking is quite comprehensive.
ProsLove the ease of use and module editing capabilities as well as the range of formats that can be utilized in the trainings we upload.
ConsLook forward to having the ability for our sales team as non-administrators to be able to invite their customers and view metrics,
Misha M.
Sr. Director Sales Enablement
October 13, 2014

“Keeping things simple”

OverallI love Mindflash for any department that needs to build quick training programs with few resources. Mindflash is ideal for any company that doesn't have extensive learning and development resources. My instructional designer on my last team didn't like Mindflash because there were a number of things that could not be done using the platform. For me, the pros outweighed the cons. I tend to join companies where my org runs very lean, with a product line that has a weekly release cycle, and heavily relies on subject matter experts. With this tool, all of my SMES can become e-learning authors, I can prevent my materials from being out of date, and at a cost that I feel is very reasonable. There are some bells and whistles that some of the larger tools have that I would love to have, but I'll choose a lean, uncomplicated tool that just works any day over bells & whistles.
October 13, 2014
Tom E.
Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Whiplash”

OverallThe Mindflash platform has served it's purpose quite well, and for the value, it's superb. Although we have not used Mindflash to create Learning & Training Courses, it's built-in tools will get you up and running quickly.
ProsSimple to use, with a little background. Handles the load, lots of courses "up there", lots of uses accessing.
ConsNone, we are happy campers.
Nicholas L.
Manager of Verifications

“Excellent Product!”

OverallPros- *Ease of training *Introducing a new medium to employee training *Price *Facility in creating videos Cons- *If a user isn't added to videos by mistake, you aren't able to add them again with the same email *No templates. Having some easy to use templates would be a great help, most managers who use the software aren't graphic designers, or have experience making videos. Impressions- When this idea was first pitched to our business by a supervisor, I was very skeptical. Our company was expanding remotely, and we were having issues training everyone on a macro level. The idea of robotraining via Mindflash came up, and I was very skeptical. I'm happy to say that I was wrong, and the size of our remote branch has tripled since Mindflash was incepted. Thank you very much for the great product, one we will be using for many years.
Benjamin R.
Training Manager
Consumer Goods, 5001-10,000 employees
April 7, 2016

“Mindflash is an easy to use robust LMS”

OverallI have used Mindflash for my organization for sales training. It has been easy to use on the admin side as well as the end user side . It allows me to reach our reps and keep them up to date as well as our customers for additional information for their sales people.
ProsWeb based - allows anyone with a solid internet connection to do training remotely. Compatible with Scorm 1.2 Voice-over capabilities Reporting
ConsIf the end user connection is slow they might have a lack luster experience
April 7, 2016
Renewables & Environment, 501-1000 employees

“ease of use”

OverallThis is a great tool for getting training out to employees that are in different parts of the US. My company uses it a lot for power points and quizzes
Proscreating a new profile is very easy to do.
ConsOnly Con I have is that I am not able to deleted someone totally out of the program. I have to repurpose the profile.
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees
March 31, 2016

“Mindflash for single-subject courses”

OverallIt's really easy to use and I've set up several courses in it. It's also very useful in tracking course completion and time of course for each employee. Usually I create page designs in another program, and they're easy to plug into Mindflash from there. I'm in the travel business and it involves about 120 employees in all that use training from me.
ProsEase of use, flexibility, good quiz and survey tracking options.
ConsNot intuitive where to find some specific functions at first glance.
Francisco d.

“Very good platform”

OverallIt is a really good training platform, really easy to use, i like the customer service and they are always there to help you out, for our company it works perfectly because we have a bunch of different locations and we dont need to travel anymore for the process training.
Prosthe trainees can use it on their cellphone or tablet , as well we can add as much of courses as we need.
Conseverybody that has a manager access can access to all the courses, the test doesnt allow you to get big images,