Alloy Navigator Ratings

Overall

About Alloy Navigator

Ensuring assets are accounted for is critical for any IT organization. That's why we designed Alloy Navigator with a strong set of tools that allow you to audit and track your IT equipment, integrate it with 3rd party tools and analyze your environment in meaningful ways. Multiple platform support, varied auditing methods and intelligent software licensing make Alloy Navigator a complete IT inventory solution. Learn more about Alloy Navigator

Eric O.
IT Support Specialist
1001-5000 employees

“Alloy does the job”

OverallThe majority of our IT department lives inside Alloy. It is simple to use for the average technician and the user portal is good as well. The integration of software allocation and databases of all hardware on our network is a must.
Pros- Alloy user portal and technician portals are easy to use - Runs quickly and smoothly - Easy to import users from AD - Email integration for alerts on new tickets and updates on existing tickets - Training that Alloy offers is well thought out and contains tons of information.
Cons- Customer Support can take 1-3 days to get back to you - The backend of Alloy is very confusing. Trying to change simple things can be extremely difficult since there is no search functionality and no documentation online. - If you want custom features added it is going to cost a decent chunk of money.

By Alloy Software on August 6, 2018
Thanks for providing a review! We're happy you enjoy using our solution! I apologize for the experience you had with Support. However, I'm positive it was an isolated situation. A review of your company's 138 tickets since 2015 shows an average response of 2hrs 19mins with average resolution under 24 hours. Given that I expect your next experience will be a positive one. For online documentation, I would strongly advise the use of our Support Portal. Our product help and admin guides are all online along with our searchable Knowledge base. The admin part of the product does have a learning curve, but you'll find the ratio of flexibility to ease of use to be unmatched. Other products provide a fraction of the power or they require programming knowledge to leverage the same results. Use the search workflow feature to find what you're looking for or press F1 anywhere for contextual online help. Please reach out to us if you need anything and thank you for using our solution!
June 20, 2018

“I love the product and it has helped us and our client streamline their support processes.”

Overallproviding an efficient service desk
ProsThere are many features, and they are entirely customisable. The out of the box features and set up is very useable from day 1. Support is great.
ConsProgramming is too simplistic and doesn't encourage code reuse - which leads to difficulty in long term maintenance. The agreement with Alloy suits an end customer, it doesn't cater for the needs of true resellers and service providers. Priced for larger organisation - difficult for small organisations to get started.

By Alloy Software on June 25, 2018
Thanks for the kind words! We truly appreciate your loyalty to Alloy's products! We agree the functionality and price of our Enterprise edition is aligned with medium to large companies in mind. If you would like something more suitable for small to medium companies we'd suggest you take a look at our Express edition. Regarding workflow, the system is designed specifically for the purposes of reusing every piece of a process you design. You can design one form that is used in multiple workflows, or you can create a function with simplistic or extremely complex operations any process can take advantage of. A good example is the ability to request manager approval. There's a built-in function, no different than any function you can create, you can add to any workflow. That's as reusable as you get. I urge you to get in touch with us so we can show you. It will unlock some extremely powerful benefits for you and your customers.
June 20, 2018
Marshall M.
Manager of Network Operations
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
November 29, 2018

“Great Support and Inventory Management Software”

OverallAlloy keeps our technology department on task, and gives our company's users an easy way to ask for help in solving their issues. The software is near limitless in what you can do with it thanks to the scripting and automation it provides. The automation also helps us manage our inventory, by keeping up with computers and hardware in stock, on loan, etc. We send emails to users to remind them to return hardware they've borrowed, and we've created a process that will create a ticket if our stock of hardware or computers starts getting low. Monthly tasks such as access reviews and computer updates are tracked using tickets that are automatically created. This software is highly customizable, provided you've got the knowledge and imagination to write the scripts and workflow.
ProsOur favorite part about the Alloy software is the scripting and automation it provides. You can have it create tickets or work orders automatically when certain conditions are met, such as a ticket to order more computers when stock is running low.
ConsThe scripting is a bit hard to understand if you don't come from a SQL background. However, Alloy's support team is excellent and has been able to help with every issue we've given them.
November 29, 2018
Vitaliy E.
February 1, 2019

“Has good potential”

OverallMy overall experience is good. I went head on into a huge mess that was not very well maintained. When the inventory, locations, and customers are up to date, then its much easier to manage.
ProsWhat I liked most about this software is how it can be integrated to sync with Active Directory which allows us to keep the inventory, locations, and customer tabs updated. The more automation, the better.
ConsThe gui is kind of outdated and could be simplified, but that's speaking from being on an older version of Alloy Navigator. There is not enough sync customization that can be manipulated or adjusted for AD sync.

By Alloy Software on February 8, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to review our product! Absolutely get yourself on the latest version and take a look at the Technician Web Portal. It's really sleek and easy to use. If you use the Windows client, you'll love the Web Portal no doubt! Regarding the Active Directory sync, please give our services team a call. I say that because the sync is super flexible, allows you to map any AD field anywhere you want, update records on conditions, import pictures, set managers for automatic permissions and approvals, and its paired with the workflow which is second to none. Maybe there's something you're missing we can help you with. We'd love to help you get the most out of the product and if there is a limitation anywhere, we'll do our best to address it! Thanks for being part of the Alloy Software family!
February 1, 2019
Jeff W.
IT Director
Printing, 51-200 employees
July 21, 2018

“If keeping track of everything is what you want, this product is for you! And I mean everything!”

OverallAlloy keeps track of a ll of our inventory, software changes, support incidents, knowledge base, etc. The information in Alloy puts all the necessary information in one place to manage our IT environment easily and efficiently.
ProsAlloy can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be based on how you set it up. The flexibility and depth are what I love most about it. You can really keep track of everything in your IT environment and you can customize it to fit your specific needs. Other products make you use their preconfigured categories and workflows, etc. While Alloy comes preconfigured with almost everything you need, you can add or remove just about anything you want and build your own workflows to automate the system.
Cons I find that the more flexible a product is, the more cumbersome it can be. Since Alloy is extremely flexible, the set up can be a little complicated. However, they have a great support team to help you when you need it.
July 21, 2018
June 12, 2018

“We use Navigator for help desk ticket and asset management and have found it quite useful.”

ProsFrom a help desk perspective, we appreciate being able to see trends in issues our users are experiencing as well as where the issues are coming from. It's quite easy to configure when linked to our AD and other global settings can be updated for multiple users en masse. I appreciate the flexibility in being able to create views of tickets that work for me, as do the other techs who respond to tickets.
ConsConfiguring reports and views is not the most user friendly but they've just released Navigator 8 which I believe makes this easier. No real complaints other than wish there were a Mac version as well.

By Alloy Software on June 14, 2018
Thank you for your kind words! Just a quick note, if you need to use Alloy Navigator on a Mac, I recommend using the Tech Web Portal. This gives you full access to everything you need on any platform whether it be Windows, Mac, Linux or otherwise. In regards to report development, drop our Technical Support team a note and they'll point you towards some great tutorials. As we use the standards - Microsoft Report Builder and Crystal Reports - there are lots of solid resources available on the net to choose from. Thanks again for the review and for being our customer!
June 12, 2018
Mary A.
Supervisor of Corp IT Systems
Education Management, 201-500 employees

“Alloy Navigator”

OverallAlloy Navigator has eliminated about 4 different spreadsheets that I used to use to track information. I now do this from one console and have set up reporting to assist with the management and tracking of that information.
ProsIt was super easy to get started and setup generally functionality. I have been able to quit using spreadsheets to track information and was able to import most of my spreadsheets directly into Alloy. I now tracks my Contract renewals for both hardware and software. I am tracking my software licensing and allocations. The library is very useful for us to track equipment that we have checked out to our end users and/or contracted trainers. We also have a scheduled inventory that continues to update with our latest information for all computers in our domain.
ConsThe admin section is a little cumbersome to maneuver, but has a lot of options there.
Daniel Y.
Law Practice, 51-200 employees

“Alloy Navigator Experience”

ProsWhat I like most about Alloy Navigator is the Library tree, we implemented this tool with our company laptops giving us the ability to track and list who we "loan" the laptop out to. We can also track when we push software updates on our machines. Knowledge base tree is another pro in my opinion, whenever im stuck with an issue I do a quick search in Knowledge base to see if any previous employees have come across the same problem before. This really helps me cut down on troubleshooting time and points me to the right direction on how to solve the problem.
ConsSo far my only Con I have with Allow Navigator is the ticketing system, I feel like users who have issues with something should have the ability to create a ticket from there end. We currently use a system where every call we get we have to input a ticket ourselves in full detail, its not horrible by any means but there is an inconvenient factor to it.

By Alloy Software on February 8, 2019
Thank you for your review! Our Self-Service Portal allows users full control over entering tickets with whatever information you'd want them to! You have complete control over their submission forms just as you do for the technician side, there's a Service Catalog, ability to check-out shared equipment, handle approvals and you can even make knowledge base articles public for the customers so instead of you finding the solution, your customers can do it themselves without having to submit a ticket! Of course if you'd like, you can have end users submit tickets via our e-mail too! Just setup the Mail Connector and you're good to go! Contact our services team if you have any questions!
Craig P.
Director Of Information Technology
September 11, 2018

“A flexible product for any IT Department ”

OverallAsset tracking, ticket management, knowledge base articles and full asset library reservation system.
ProsThe straight forward approach for an all encompassing program is why we chose this product 13 years ago. We can accomplish our daily ticketing system, maintain a company equipment reservation program and inventory all company assets in one out of the box program. On top of that, the support team is always available to help and always responds in a timely manner to any question or request.
ConsThe programming logic can be a bit confusing at times on the back end. There are lots of logic statements, actions, etc. that can be buried in a specific place that are not always easy to find.
Ron O.
Director of Information Technology
February 19, 2019

“Great product at a great price!”

OverallWe were looking for a solution to enhance our change management system. Alloy had all the components we were looking for and very happy with the product. In addition, we will also be upgrading our Helpdesk system and Asset management system using Alloy.
ProsAlloy Navigator is the complete solution to manage IT services and assist in providing controls for changes in the technology environment. It was easy to install and the self service portal was easy to navigate. The best part of it was cost. We looked at several other products ranging from cost to functionality to find Alloy provided more for less!
ConsAdmin settings can be confusing but is organized well enough to navigate.
February 19, 2019
Scott H.
Network Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
June 22, 2018

“We've used the network inventory and it works great and the support has been top notch.”

OverallWe've used the network inventory to scan all PCs weekly and it lets me know if there are any changes going on with our hardware. We keep track of all of our maintenance history so we know the history of all of our hardware. We've done some software monitoring so we know what versions of software are being used.
ProsI like the network inventory. It lets me know what is going on with our PC's and if anything is changing. I use ANX to input all of our service done on PCs so it's easy to find out the history of a PC
ConsIt takes a little time to get used to how to make modifications but the support has been great and will be looking into some training to be able to use more affectively.
June 22, 2018
Mike A.
Helpdesk Technician
September 10, 2018

“My Honest Review of Alloy Navigator”

ProsThe best thing about Alloy Navigator is the customization. If there is something you want this software to do, it can probably do it.
ConsWhat I care for least about Alloy Navigator are the UI and UX. There are so many menus that are buried within multiple layers of menus.

By Alloy Software on February 8, 2019
Thanks so much for your review and for your company's loyalty of 14 years! I highly recommend you give the Technician's Web Portal a look. It's interface is really slick and will absolutely feel new and streamlined over the Windows client. If you have any questions about it, drop our services team a call!
September 10, 2018
Martin P.
IT administrator
Food Production, 501-1000 employees
March 27, 2019

“Alloy is our "Main Brain" ”

OverallWe work with Alloy Navigator/Discovery since more than 12 years now. No other product can compete with Alloy Navigator/Discovery. I Feel really secure with Alloy ( not like similar free product.... if you know what i mean) I make custom workflows, fields, views to fit the needs of F.Menard. Oh, i forget... Paul and Christine are top notch :-)
Pros-VERY VERY VERY powerfull -EXTREMELY customizable -Automated Inventory Serisouly... you can do whats you want with this solution.
Cons-Learning curve can be difficult for a novice -no iOS apps
March 27, 2019
Joseph J.
IT Support Supervisor
Mental Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
October 8, 2018

“Alloy Navigator”

ProsThe software is very easy to user and the staff is very helpful!
ConsThere needs to be more reporting tool and user control of reports.

By Alloy Software on February 8, 2019
Thank you so much for your review! Drop us a line and let us know what you'd like to see in way of reporting tools. Our reports are created with Microsoft Report Builder. Microsoft provides a free editor and its become quite popular so tutorials are easy to find. If you are familiar with Crystal Reports you can use that as well! We'd love to hear about your specific needs so please don't hesitate to drop us a line!
October 8, 2018
Jeff B.
Systems Administrator
September 11, 2018

“Alloy Navigator 7 and Discovery 7 - Very useful software product”

OverallWe are very satisfied with this product because it does everything we expect it to do when properly set up.
ProsWe use the Help Desk feature in Navigator and Machine Inventory in Discovery primarily. They allow us to efficiently handle user problems and requests of all kinds and keep track of company assets such as computers, servers and software installations.
ConsThe software is extremely powerful and flexible but because of this it is also very complicated to configure properly.
Rick H.
Network Admin
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Alloy Navigator”

OverallWe switched from other application. This by far is the best option.
ProsRuns quickly, has a lot of useful features.
ConsCustomer Service support, slow at getting responce

By Alloy Software on May 2, 2019
Thank you for your kind words, but I am sorry you had such a poor experience. We make it a point to take good care of our customers. After review, I'm confused though. Your company's average response time is just over 2 hours which is well within our SLA, two of your coworkers rated our service 5 stars in their reviews and I see no requests in our system from you. Regardless, I hope you don't hesitate to give our support team another chance. I am confident your experience was an exception. Again, I'm sorry we didn't live up to your expectations.
Wayne D.
Technical Support
Education Management, 201-500 employees
April 30, 2019

“Alloy Navigator, a very useful program”

OverallI use Alloy Navigator every day to support the users in our company. It brings vital information about user's systems quickly to the screen, allowing an easy way to maintain inventory and connection information. Because it is an all-inclusive program for tracking hardware, software, work tickets, purchasing and user information, the setup is a bit complicated, but we couldn't maintain our IT department without it.
ProsBrings useful information quickly to your screen
ConsSetup is a bit complicated, but only because the software is so robust.
Jay M.
Senior Network Engineer
January 24, 2019

“Easy to use on-premise solution.”

OverallAlloy has created a one-stop shop for all of our key IT data.
ProsAlloy allows us to pull multiple islands of information (support ticketing, asset management, loaner tracking, etc) under a single umbrella.
ConsWhile Alloy can track a wide breadth of information, sometimes getting into the nuts and bolts of the data can be a bit cumbersome. Network inventory for SNMP devices and software tracking/allocation leave a bit to be desired.
January 24, 2019
John H.
Network Engineer
June 26, 2018

“Used Alloy at both my previous and current job, great product.”

OverallEasy tracking of hardware and software licenses. Tracking of helpdesk issues has been easier that previous product.
ProsThe help desk and software licensing components really save a lot of time and are easy to use. I've been able to use the software licensing piece to fulfill a Microsoft audit with ease.
ConsMigration from other software vendors is a little tricky, but that's more due to how the other vendors configure their databases.
June 26, 2018
Joanne S.
Network Technician
June 19, 2018

“Great product, everything is linked for ease of access.”

OverallEasy access to know what inventory we have and where it is located. We can easily find out how old someone's computer is just by checking into Alloy Navigator.
ProsI really like being able to click on a location and be able to drill down thru the user to the inventory item and PO.
ConsIt would be nice to have some mini webinars for training on each area that we could watch when we needed a little explanation of how to use a certain part of the program.
Stephen M.
Managing Director
June 6, 2018

“Since implementing 8 years ago, has been instrumental in our growth and support of our Clients”

OverallCustomer support tracking, Purchasing, Client Portal
ProsThe ease of use, ability to customize the software to our needs and the fantastic support we receive no matter what the request, could not run our Business without Alloy and the support we receive with the Product.
Consif there was to be a con only one to be would be the ability to send a PDF PO without needing to save 1st and attach for sending
June 6, 2018
Mike G.
Infrastructure Manager
Building Materials, 1001-5000 employees
November 5, 2018

“Fully featured and still developing”

ProsThe flexibility is endless, this product is capable of doing anything you design. It can output to batch files, automate tasks and digitise forms. The only limitation is your imagination. Treat this as a very advanced GUI for SQL
ConsYou do need to get a full understanding of the administration side if you wish to use this product to its full potential
November 5, 2018
Sean C.
Associate Information Systems Analyst
July 30, 2018

“A fantastic alternative to Autotask”

OverallAsset tracking and ticket metrics
ProsAllows full IT management from asset inventory to helpdesk metrics. Allows full financial tracking, tickets, and asset discovery.
ConsIt can be cumbersome to learn in an SMB environment with small teams and no compartmentalization. If you have no teams at all, individuals can be overwhelmed as their are many features to this application.
Shawn J.
Vice President, Information Technology
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Alloy Navigator 8”

OverallI have used Alloy for nearly 15 years. It is one of my most valued solutions in my support organization.
ProsThe ability to get a good picture of the support organization
ConsA better solution to Active Directory to automate company/locations. Possibly having a manual way to assign the parent company to the locations and have that flow to users would be great.
May 7, 2019
Dan D.
Infrastructure Architect
Construction, 1001-5000 employees
August 3, 2018

“Great software”

ProsGreat software for ticketing and inventory needs. Customer service is extremely helpful in customizing the solution to best fit your needs. Software does everything you need for helpdesk and servicedesk operations.
ConsCan be a little slow on a WAN or remote connectivity, I recommend the web interface for those situations.
August 3, 2018
Keith M.
Supervisor of IT Support
July 30, 2018

“Our company has grown tremendously in the past two years and Alloy has grown with us.”

OverallRobust help desk solution.
ProsAlmost all the features have customization to fit your business. From device inventory to custom reporting, Alloy helps you get what you need for metrics.
ConsThere is a learning curve on the product. If you do too much customization, like all things, something may break when an upgrade is released.
1001-5000 employees
July 24, 2018

“Mostly positive, with exceptions ”

ProsI really like the variety of modules, and the tech support available to help out. I also like the ease of use for my technicians.
ConsHow much back end maintenance I have to be involved in. I would prefer a solution that is able to smartly manage itself out of the box OR more accurately describe what errors are causing an issue.
July 24, 2018
Leah d.
Enterprise Business Analyst
June 18, 2018

“We have been using Alloy for over 13 years and have no plans to change”

ProsWe have over 50 people on staff, it really helps us keep our business running smoothly. What we like most about the software is how customizable it is.
ConsThe out-of-the-box reporting could be more robust, but we are able to write our own reports so it's not an issue.
June 18, 2018
Laurence L.
PC Technican
July 16, 2018

“The software is easy to use and is loaded with features.”

ProsThis software is very easy to use. It keeps track of all our work tickets and inventory very well.
ConsThe Asset Management feature could be a little easier to configure. It also seems a little redundant when you setup a new asset.
Diana S.
Senior PC Technician
July 16, 2018

“I use it daily for tracking HelpDesk Calls, Inventory and Purchasing”

ProsIt has helped streamline our department by having all documents and references in a central location.
ConsAt times it can be a little confusing with what seems to be duplicate areas. But on a positive note these areas can be linked.
Mike F.
Systems Engineer
Legal Services, 201-500 employees
February 20, 2019

“Excellent inventory and ticketing features”

OverallWe are having success consolidating information for tickets, assets and knowledge. Keeping all of these in a single place has helped us.
ProsI like that we are all on board with Alloy for ticketing and inventory. Solution adoption can be a struggle for some teams. We collaborate and share ideas and then implement our own best practices for ticketing and inventory. We are building on this into the knowledge feature also.
ConsThus far I do not see a con. We need to dedicate more time toward any automation we can build into the product.
February 20, 2019
Josh D.
IT Manager
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
August 15, 2017

“consistent and customizable ”

ProsThe various auditing options are great with very little impact if any noticed on our end points when processing.
ConsIf I had to pick something, there have been some sql report issues in the past for custom reporting.
August 15, 2017
Joshua M.
PC Technician
June 19, 2018

“I use the software on a day to day basis for incidents from our users and inventory tracking.”

ProsI really like being able to track incidents, attach notes and files to the incidents. It is also very handy for keeping track of purchase orders.
ConsThere are a whole bunch of duplicate areas for things. The configuration of an item is under the Computer item, but the Finance is under the Asset side. Just gets confusing with the multiple elements.
allan t.
Consultant senior en technologie de l'information
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
October 22, 2018

“Alloy doesn't cost a lot and he's making a pretty good job”

ProsNavigator is a good management tool for IT assets. You can get inventory, service desk and project inside an ITIL framework with this simple and efficient software. It s easy to implement and you can have a CMDB for a low cost.
ConsYou must register on alloy navigator web site if you want to get a price or a trial of the software.
October 22, 2018
Kevin H.
Network Manager
July 11, 2018

“Alloy is a very good product for managing IT related information.”

ProsThe thing that I like most about Alloy is that it's able to house ALL of our IT related data. One stop shop for whatever information you need to access.
ConsSometimes the user interface is a little confusing when it comes to finding a certain help desk ticket or an inventory item. But otherwise it's a really good IT software package.
July 11, 2018
Graham H.
Managing Director
February 14, 2012

“Asset tracking”

OverallI recommend this product to all my suppliers and clients and feel this is well suited to many companies no matter how large or small.
ProsI have used this product over many years and enjoy the ease of use and implementation. In the rare event of any issues the support team are excellent and solutions are found very quickly. I am currently an owner of an IT Solutions Company and this application has made our support and asset tracking a breeze and not stressful at all. This is a fantastic suite at an affordable price for all budgets and requirements.
ConsAfter using this product from Enterprise to Express versions have never found any cons and fits into all the business models I have been involved in.
February 14, 2012
Christopher B.
October 9, 2019

“All in One Ticketing Software”

ProsThe amount of information you can add to a ticket. I like that I can log the work and paste HTML email threads in a ticket. Also managing all of the computer in the ticketing software is a nice feature.
ConsThe software looked a bit outdated before we upgraded to Version: 8.3.1 Build: 7647
October 9, 2019
Laura M.
Manager, Information Technology
January 28, 2019

“Alloy ”

ProsThe asset tracking of our hardware, the location and owner
ConsConfiguring to pull from Active Directory and such is not intuitive
January 28, 2019
Addison U.
IS Specialist
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees

“Multi functional software”

ProsI like the fact you can have your assets, documentation, ticketing system, etc. all in one place.
ConsWith some of the basic creation of groups, titles, etc. for assets takes a little more digging to edit. Wish there was an easier platform for editing.