Compease Ratings

Overall

About Compease

Compease is a comprehensive, automated salary administration program that includes expert compensation consulting, current salary market data, easy to use software, and annual updates. Compease helps maintain accurate and competitive pay rates, customized to your labor market and industry, and manage merit increases and compensation budgets. Stay competitive in today's economy by ensuring that salaries are aligned with the market and equitable within your organization. Learn more about Compease

Kim B.
VP, Human Resources
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
September 19, 2017

“Functionality of software provides confidence in pay structures”

OverallTotal compensation is a large driver in employee engagement, so having a good grasp on the largest piece of that puzzle is instrumental in our business. This software helps me to keep moving our pay practices forward so that we remain competitive in our markets.
ProsThe Compease system is easy to use and helps me to be confident in the pay structures we offer to employees. It quickly calculates compa-ratios out by employee, helps us to determine pay structures for hybrid jobs that don't have an apples-to-apples comparison in the industry, and allows us to manage multiple pay structures. We have separate structures for exempt, non-exempt, and executive pay, as well as exempt and non-exempt IT structures that have a similar scoring process with different weights applied. It helps me to analyze the data in multiple ways to make sure that we have sound pay practices at the Credit Union. We also are able to develop our merit matrix and run it against current pay to quickly see what the overall impact will be to budget and compa-ratio if the merit matrix solely is used for increases. Being located in eight states, I also like that I can monitor pay practices in other locations to make sure that we are paying competitively in each market.
ConsCompease uses a wide variety of data points for determining salary ranges to use, however we do not have direct access to the results of those surveys. It would be nice to see some actual ranges for the positions, if they were to pay higher or lower in the ranges throughout the market.
Julie K.
Human Resources, 501-1000 employees
September 26, 2017

“We have been using the Compease software since 2008 and are very pleased with the results. ”

OverallThe Compease system allowed us to evaluate our staff positions using a consistent approach and methodology rather than the home-grown system we were using. Due to the consistency of this product, for the first time we felt confident in posting the staff salary grades and salary schedules for access by our employees.
ProsThe ease of use by both our supervisors and the HR staff, as well as the consistency it brings to the evaluation of our staff positions. We also like that the software is now Cloud-based rather than PC-based allowing you to access the system from anywhere.
ConsIn the Job Master section, sometimes the slider bar which allows you to quickly access positions on the list doesn't show up.
September 26, 2017
Carol C.
Senior Consultant (Principal - Ret.)
January 18, 2018

“Very positive - great compensation solution, and excellent customer support”

OverallMarket based salary ranges that are internally equitable - perceived by the employees as being fair.
ProsCloud based - very user friendly. The software solution provides market based salary ranges that are also internally equitable - helps convey the fairness of the system. The Compease team is very skilled and helpful - we love the system!
ConsFor Native American tribes that have a different minimum wage than their geographic location, Compease isn't able to accommodate this difference.
Paul M.
HR & Learning Manager
May 31, 2018

“Overall an excellent experience in every facet. ”

OverallCompensation administration, job descriptions and evaluations, budget process help
ProsEase of Use is what I like most about this software. The layout is easy to navigate and looks great.
ConsI am not sure I really have a "con." for this platform. I would think that if there is one, its based on my own ignorance.

By HR Performance Solutions on June 6, 2018
Excellent! So glad you and your team are happy with Compease, Paul! When people find out about Compease, it makes a huge difference to their organization. All the best!
Jennie N.
Director of Human Resources & Training
March 6, 2018

“I am a Human Resource professional in the financial industry.”

ProsCompease makes salary administration a lot easier and provides information for sounds and fair pay practices based on our company asset size, industry, and geographic location.
ConsI wish the software had the ability to see a total compensation picture, including benefits. I would like to see benefit costs incorporated to give us a true reflection of how much employees are being "paid".
Denise R.
Vice President/Human Resources
Banking, 11-50 employees
September 9, 2019

“Excellent product”

OverallThe only time I have problems is when it is appraisal time and trying to get Compease and PerformancePro to work together for me. But considering we only do it once a year, I forget.
ProsIts ease of use! It is easy to find the answer if you don't remember it.
ConsThere is really nothing I don't like about it. It is very easy to use and understand.

By HR Performance Solutions on September 10, 2019
Hi Denise, Thanks for providing us feedback! So excited to hear that the product has been easy to use and provides you the resources needed in those moments when you can't remember. Trust me, we all have those moments! If you should ever need any additional assistance during your appraisal season, don't hesitate to connect with one of your Compease Support Specialists. Thanks again, The Compease Family
September 9, 2019
Jane H.
September 4, 2019

“The Best”

OverallThe service, the team and all parts of the system and software are awesome. Everyone and everything is so user friendly.
ProsSince integration, it's a time saver. Love it's ease of use and the support we get if and when needed.
ConsNone that I know of. I've never encountered any issues that would make me dislike this software.

By HR Performance Solutions on September 6, 2019
Hi There, Thank you so much for the feedback Jane and we are happy to hear that the integration was a success and a time saver! It is also great to hear that you have had a great experience with our software and our amazing support team, I know they have enjoyed working with you as well. If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out and thank you for your continued business. All the best! The Compease Family
September 4, 2019
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
September 27, 2018

“Ok Compensation Solution”

OverallIt is just ok. There are a million payroll/compensation solutions and this is about the middle of the road. If I had been in position when this was selected, I would have advocated for a different solution.
ProsI really like the merit increase planning tool. That definitely is a time saver and helps to streamline our process flow. The projections tools are helpful as well, especially in budget crunch times.
ConsIt is advertised with "robust" data analysis tools. I certainly wouldn't consider this solution as "robust." It's just ok.

By HR Performance Solutions on December 13, 2018
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We are so glad to hear that the merit increase planning and projection tools have been able to streamline your process flows. We understand how busy HR professionals are and the hope is to make these needed processes as efficient as possible. We would love to find out more about your data analysis needs and how we can make using Compease a better experience for you and your organization. Will you please reach out to us and tell us how we can connect with you? All the best, The Compease Family.
September 27, 2018
Peter S.
Chief People Officer
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
November 3, 2017

“Very Easy easy to use”

OverallAbility to market price jobs
ProsReporting features. Easy to create new job. The ability to override job evaluation system. The ability to change job descriptions
ConsDoes not have enough Benchmark Jobs. Does not have data for Credit unions over 2 million. I do not like the evaluation system. It is too rigid
November 3, 2017
Ann K.
Operations Manager
April 2, 2018

“Very good. It is a very easy software to use and update.”

ProsThe ability to run different the matrix and see the results immediately. It is very easy to add or update job descriptions. We recently integrated with Performance Pro which eliminates the need to add new employees to two different system which saves time.
ConsPerhaps it may be the user and the need to educate oneself on the process, but when I ran a matrix based on the anniversary date, it did not seem to calculate like I thought it would. We are in the process of perhaps changing when wages are increased from year-end to anniversary date and would like to calculate the cost for the year.
April 2, 2018
Karen P.
AVP - Human Resources
September 19, 2017

“great overall experience from the set up to daily use”

ProsThe onsite help in getting the software up and running and the yearly updates on the salaries in our market and industry. The customer support is awesome as well. If ever a question it is very easy to get an answer.
Chesney D.
Banking, 201-500 employees
July 17, 2017

“Great tool!”

OverallTime it takes to create a pay scale is amazingly short. Also nice to have a back up when Management asks why a position is placed where it is on the scale.
ProsThe software is easy to use, the compensation information is accurate, and I feel they have great customer service.
ConsIf we get a warning when inputting an employee, it would be nice to be able to override it if there are organizational exceptions.
July 17, 2017
Dawn M.
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
Banking, 501-1000 employees
January 18, 2018

“It's a great product and the customer support is great. I do have a couple of suggestions.”

ProsIt is extremely intuitive and user friendly, easy to navigate and the customer support is fantastic.
ConsI think technological skills should be a scoring factor. I would also like more control over the reporting functions (although this has been improved recently).
Nancy S.
Co-Manager/HR
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

“Outstanding”

OverallWe are a new company and we did not have a salary system setup that was fair and equitable for everyone concerned. Since we started using Compease we now have a salary base for each of our positions in the company and because it ties in with Performance Pro it puts more merit into the performance appraisals. Also, the comp reports help show us where our employees stand in relations to the rest of the industry giving our salary base meaning and helps us to be fair and equitable with our employees.
ProsHow easy it is to use. How helpful it is when it is time to figure raises. How it ties in with Performance Pro's appraisal system. I really like all of the different reports it offers for our company.
Linda H.
SVP HR/Training
July 14, 2017

“Compease provides all of the information I need to manage the compensation function. ”

OverallTotal Compensation Management System for my company.
ProsEasy to use and provides quality customer support. Compease also accepts client suggestions for improvements and incorporates them into the process.
ConsI would like to see more pro forma job descriptions because occasionally I have a new position that does not fit into the ones offered.
Serein A.
HR Specialist
March 8, 2018

“We had a wonderful experience with the training and implementation ”

OverallCustomer rep. was very helpful with the training. I have only had to reach out to customer service one time and they were also great!
ProsMy favorite thing about the software is how easy the website is to use. Things like updating employees and downloading reports only takes a few minutes!
March 8, 2018
Scott B.
SVP/Chief Administration Officer
Banking, 201-500 employees
November 5, 2017

“great customer service”

Proseasy to set up and make changes. very intuitive. we installed the software in under one month and began using immediately.
Conscustom reporting is a bit clunky. the Excel downloads do not necessarily format in a useful manner requiring manual manipulation of the data.
November 5, 2017
Alisa N.
Vice President - HR
September 20, 2017

“Very good experience. Easy to navigate. Customer Service excellent.”

ProsProvides meaningful salary ranges so I can have a meaningful salary administration program. Aids in developing job descriptions.
ConsNothing really. I don't like having to break down duties by percentages, but I work around that. I do understand why Compease uses the feature.
September 20, 2017
Elizabeth J.
VP, Human Resources
July 14, 2017

“I have been using this tool for almost 10 years. One of the most comprehensive tools in the market.”

ProsThis tool is very easy of use, from set-up on through report running I have not encountered any issues.
ConsI have no significant issues with the software. In fact, the software is easy to use. The only recommendation is that I would like to see a bridge to our HRIS.
Charlene D.
HR
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
June 8, 2018

“Database is user friendly and serves our purposes sufficiently”

OverallCompensation benchmarking comparisons
ProsIntuitive reporting functionality, easy to update, and very satisfied with the customer service provided.
ConsNot really a Con but we would like it to interface with the Performance Pro system we use soon to prevent redundancy.

By HR Performance Solutions on June 11, 2018
Hi Charlene, Thanks for the feedback about Compease and so glad you are happy with it! We always appreciate it when people take time to share their thoughts. Also, I have some great news for you. Compease does integrate with Performance Pro! Are you willing to reach out to me and I'll tell you how we can get that set up for you?
June 8, 2018
Pauline R.
Vice President Administration
September 19, 2017

“Very easy product to use. Gives a good indication of current economic salary ranges.”

ProsThe up to date salary ranges help us to stay competitive with salaries in our area. Reports we can pull give us current info on where our employees are in the overall ranges of our local area.
Deb E.
Vice President, Human Resources and Administration
Insurance, 51-200 employees
July 16, 2017

“Easy to navigate and excellent support staff.”

ProsThe salary information is current and relevant based on demographics - industry, asset size, and region. Ability to generate reports based on variables.
July 16, 2017
March 6, 2018

“We utilize Compease for our compensation plan.”

OverallI am looking forward to using it this year for our annual reviews. It is going to allow me to play with percentages and allow my managers the ability to utilize it also.
ProsCompease really helps place employees in the correct salary range and it gives us fresh comp survey info so we know if we are paying our employees correctly.
ConsThe only problem with the software that I have had is transferring the compratio info to excel. I have had to call them to assist me with this because it wouldn't work for me.
Carol G.
VP of Human Resources
July 15, 2017

“The system was very easy to learn. Easy to use and to manage.”

ProsEasy to use. Reports can be sorted in a number of ways which is very helpful. Reports can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
July 15, 2017
William B.
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
July 14, 2017

“It is a simple functional tool that lets keep jobs in alignment based on duties and responsibilities”

Overallstandardized way of classing positions in a pay grade
Prossimple to use, keeps our various jobs aligned to assist in maintaining equal pay for equal work, and seeing our pay is competitive within our region for similar jobs. Provide a mechanism for grouping jobs within a pay grade and providing the justification should you ever need.
ConsOur biggest dislike is it is not compatible with our enterprise software so maintenance is an additional step and falls behind as salaries change
Virginia B.
HR Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2018

“The customer support is great. I really appreciated the on-site meetings/training we received.”

OverallA customized compensation structure that we will be able to easily keep updated and relevant from year to year.
ProsIt was far easier to learn and use than I anticipated. I really liked having someone come to our site to meet with managers, explain the process and assist in getting relevant information from them to produce effective results.
ConsThere are a lot of features that I haven't yet tried, but expect them to be as user friendly as any others.

By HR Performance Solutions on June 6, 2018
Hi Virginia, Thanks for the 5-star review! Your feedback about Performance Pro being easy to learn is something we hear pretty frequently. Once you get in the application things become pretty intuitive pretty quickly. Whenever you have questions about the features you haven't used yet, give us a call. We'll be glad to help.
Jennifer D.
Chief Culture Officer
July 24, 2015

“A Compensation Management Solution”

OverallFirst there were spreadsheets, then there was Compease! As a user of Compease I am a big promoter. It is now a true web-based salary admin program that not only houses your salary data, it ensures you are able to manage your salaries by being both competitive in the market and equitable throughout your organization. As a HR Professional, this system establishes credibility by providing a tool that is essential in playing a huge role in not only the performance management process and tying pay to performance but in the annual budget process when forecasting salaries. The one wish I had in utilizing the system year after year was that it would be a web-based system, my wish came true! It is now web-based and all is good!!
July 24, 2015
Liza N.
May 31, 2018

“Very easy to navigate between tabs. ”

ProsEverything easy to find what I'm looking for based on the named menu bar and tabs. Updates are easily done with real time results.
ConsThere isn't anything that I can think of at the moment to say I like least. Everything usually seems to work fine once I log in.

By HR Performance Solutions on June 6, 2018
Liza, Thanks for taking the time to offer your thoughts on Compease. So glad you have a 5-star experience with the application.
Becky D.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
July 20, 2017

“Extremely easy to use”

Prosease of writing Job Descriptions, making edits and benchmark job descriptions to compare. Web based environment allows additional managers to have access. Great reference documentation via the site to eliminate need to make a call or email an inquiry.
Consmissed their survey email reminder, when update is made can be slow to complete-could be us or busy network day.
July 20, 2017
Melisse R.
July 14, 2017

“Easy to use, lots of capability”

ProsTo be able to customize the performance reviews to each position. Assign percentages of how we would like and not just all the same.
Shannon K.
March 3, 2016

“I've used it to metric our compensation package for the past 5 years”

OverallUser friendly. Timely compensation data at year end. Easy to upload our comp data to be considered with their full comp data release at year end. Good resource center for financial job titles and base job descriptions. Easy to manipulate and customize metrics for pay-for-performance rate suggestions. Customizable (to a point) job grading scale. Able to override system suggestions. Can easily move back and forth between years and/or pay levels P25, P50, P75. Compensation based on asset size, region- able to remain competitive and/or place ourselves as an employer of choice based on pay scale.
Jennifer E.
Legal Counsel

“Overall great software”

ProsIt's extremely easy to use and intuitive. It looks nice and flows well. It is a great tool for budgeting as well as setting job ranges.
ConsMy only complaint is that I wish it could do more! For example, if it could more easily link to an HRIS or even their other software, Performance Pro. Then I could use it even more and maybe not have to use other software/programs.
Paula M.
SVP Human Resources
December 8, 2015

“Simple and Defensible”

OverallWe've been using Compease since 2010 with very good results. It provides a sound and time-tested process that is defensible should it ever be challenged. Moving from an informal, manual process to a formal, automated platform resulted in some pushback, but ultimately simplified and validated our compensation program. The data behind the system is comprehensive and relevant and our client rep and the company personnel are highly responsive.
December 8, 2015
Sharon W.
Director, Human Resources
September 14, 2015

“Great Tool for Compensation Management!”

OverallI have been a Compease user for over 8 years and can't imagine using any other tool to effectively manage our compensation program. It is not only easy to use, but generates comprehensive reports to assist with analysis of our current pay structure and the Merit Planning Matrix feature makes the annual budgeting process a breeze! I highly recommend this product to any professional responsible for compensation administration in their organization.
Geraldine C.
Executive VP & CFO
March 3, 2016

“We have used the Compease program for approximately 15 years and highly recommend it.”

OverallOne of the most useful features of Compease has been the establishment of salary ranges based on comparable jobs in our industry and in similar industries in our area plus the ability to grade individual jobs in an impartial manner. I am particularly pleased with our transfer to Compease Online. The software is very easy to learn, and I have found the staff to be extremely helpful when I do have a question.
Rod L.
VP of HR & Admin
January 21, 2016

“Incredible tool at a great price!”

OverallCompease saves me from having to add a "compensation" member to my HR team. Their comprehensive salary reports and intuitive position grading system have been a great tool for managing both internal and external compensation equity. Their team has been responsive and helpful and spent considerable time with my organization to make sure that the results were exactly what we needed.
January 21, 2016
Jane H.
August 24, 2015

“Exceptional and easy to use all aspects of the Compease software”

OverallCompease is very user friendly. It is also comprehensive and helps with comparisons and resolution of any salary issues that may arise. It keeps us informed with the annual updates for salary offerings and on the cutting edge of ensuring we are using the correct salary information for our staff. Runs our reports accurately and ensures we are providing the most competitive salary within our industry.
August 24, 2015
Linda W.
April 6, 2016

“Terrific Business Partner!”

OverallI wish I had known of this tool when I first started managing compensation. All in one, exceptional service and prompt, responsive personnel! In addition, they are always seeking ways to improve ease of use and results. This would also be great for a company without full time HR folks!
April 6, 2016
Joe M.
Member Service Manager
September 29, 2015

“Very helpful determining salary levels”

OverallWe are unique in that we are a credit union, and our compensation is handled by our sponsor company. As such, they have been open to considering our recommendation for associate salaries, because they took time to research HRN CompEase and found it to be a solid, valuable salary pricing tool.
September 29, 2015
Barbara S.
Human Resources Manager
August 27, 2015

“Easy to use, and understand. Upgrades are easily handled as well.”

OverallThis software has been very good for our companies. It is easy to use, is comprehensive and an overall quality product. We went from having no software salary administration of this type to installing it and continuing to use it. The customer service is particularly good - responsive and knowledgeable.
August 27, 2015
Cynthia G.
President & CEO
September 14, 2015

“The new online version is easy to use and to maintain.”

OverallThe team at HR Performance Solutions is responsive to inquiries and very helpful over the phone. They make me feel like I am their most important client when I call for assistance and they have a great track record for following through until my questions are answered.
Michael M.

“Great Program!”

OverallHistorically our organization depended upon numerous market survey's in the establishment of salary scales. Using Compease we have eliminated this practice and feel confident we are compensating within market guidance.
Sherri H.
VP/HR
September 14, 2015

“Long time Compease customer”

OverallI have worked with Compease since 1999, so I have worked with it as "software" & now as a web based service. I am very pleased with the user-friendly ease of use, as well as the competence of the customer service reps I have dealt with.
Christy Q.
VP of Human Resources
August 14, 2017

“Easy to use and I can access the information I need quickly.”

Overallcompa ratio, and creating job descriptions easily.
ProsEasy to navigate. I really like the dashboard feature, and all reports I can create. I like the fact that it takes the market rates to see how our company's compensation is to the rest of the market with the compa ratio feature.
August 14, 2017
Liza N.

“User friendly ”

ProsSelf explanatory, easy navigation to the different tabs. Captures all the necessary job descriptions.
Jessica Z.
Manager of Human Resources
November 10, 2015

“CompEase meets my needs for compensation calculation”

OverallFairly simple to use and gives good output including letting me play with scenarios on increases. Top notch customer service for CompEase and their Performance Pro review systems.
Jessie R.
May 13, 2016

“Have used Compease for many years. Great product. ”

OverallCompease is easy to use and provides us a good source of compensation information to use as a guide in our credit union.
May 13, 2016
Mio S.
March 2, 2016

“Excellent product when you have employees in different market areas.”

OverallVery user friendly. Was the perfect solution for managing employees in two different market areas. (Florida and Puerto Rico)
March 2, 2016
Teresa J.
HR Manager
November 13, 2015

“I have been very satisfied with Compease and it's ease of use.”

OverallCompease does the market study for us and I feel confident with the information that is provided. I am happy with the ease of use.
November 13, 2015
Barbara B.
CHRO
June 9, 2016

“Very user friendly. Good reporting capabilities and great customer service.”

OverallThey listened to feedback and have made great improvements in the past year with reporting and exporting data.
June 9, 2016