Workbooks CRM Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.1/5
4.3/5

About Workbooks CRM

Workbooks' web-based CRM and business solutions provide you with the tools you need to accelerate growth, automate business processes, reduce operational costs and improve customer support. Our technology extends beyond sales, marketing and customer support to include order management, order fulfillment, invoicing and customer support. Its cloud-based, easy to use and competitively priced. Find out why we have won #1 CRM Product of The Year. Learn more about Workbooks CRM

Rob S.
Business Applications & Operations Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 18, 2017

“An ok start but strong development & quickly becoming reliant on its versatility once understood”

OverallThe ability to move towards a single, powerful platform which streamlined business processes from marketing to sales and order processing and gave each area of the business full and powerful reporting.
ProsSupport: Workbooks have a very strong and capable support team which really helps outweigh any of the slightly frustrating areas of the CRM. They are very quick to respond via email and very few problems taking longer than a single phone call to resolve. Capability / Flexibility: The system is extremely flexible. It allows a huge amount of different areas of the business to be logged, controlled and reported on. Some CRM systems can deal with lead tracking and customer tracking, but Workbooks very easily deals with this as well as all financial areas of the business sales orders, invoicing, purchasing and more. `Single Platform: linked to its flexibility, Workbooks, with the introduction of the Web Insights and Email Marketing platforms is able to deal with a contact end to end, from warming a lead up, to delivering a product once they have become a customer and then their journey via support and account management. Reporting: The reporting engine is so powerful that you can create virtually anything you can think of. I have only found one thing when creating reports that I wasn't able to do, even then it was a nice to have. Once you understand how the platform works, it becomes an invaluable tool.
ConsCapability / Flexibility: Although this is in the pros, it is not without its frustrations. The flexibility of the platform, in particular 'how' you make it fit what you need, also makes it difficult to understand. It is not immediately intuitive to customize and if you add modules after using it for some time, (like the advanced security) it can be extremely painful. Some areas of the platform seem overly convoluted and often either need the help of their support team (who are excellent) or sometimes a consultant which comes at extra cost. Reporting: Again, as the reporting engine is so powerful it creates its own downside due to being unintuitive and even with some understanding difficult to understand. You cannot simply open a new blank report and create even simple reporting without having some idea of the logic behind how it works. A number of other CRM's allow you create 'general' reports far easier due to a more simple interface but they lack the power. I think there are areas where the platform could be easier to use and therefore create some frustrations but if you are aware that you need to have training and understanding in how the platform works first, you will have a versatile and powerful tool for your business.
October 18, 2017
Facilities Services, Unspecified
October 30, 2017

“Exceptional ease of use”

ProsThe configuration is simple and straightforward and yet at the same time is really powerful as you can easily add report cells, meaning that it gives a much broader view of the client. I like the mapping module and again you can customer this to show the information that you need as a business. Integration with Web Insights and Gatormail plus the workflow means that you have a platform that offer marketing automation. Easy to set up new users but also very secure, if you use the the security features. The service offered by the support team is second to none - always patient, exceptionally knowledgeable and always solution oriented. I could not do my job without Workbooks
ConsNeed to make sure that you do not use Internet explorer, especially with the gator mail add-on as it is then very slow but runs brilliantly on other browsers. The knowledge base is good but if would be helpful to have printable pdfs of the pages so that you can use them as manual when printed out
October 30, 2017
Abigail D.
Business Support Analyst

“TDS Workbooks review”

OverallI have always loved working with Workbooks. All of their staff have never failed to be as helpful as they can be, and they are very quick to support us with any issues or queries that we may have. Their CRM package is very different to the kind of platform that a company like TDS would require but they have always helped us customize our databases so that we are able to support our products as best we can. Support team, in particular, stand out as a team that provides star service whenever we need help, and I cannot praise them enough.
ProsWorkbooks is easy to use and intuitive. We have customised our databases heavily to support our products and this has only made Workbooks better for us as a company. It is largely a self-service platform and means that we have a lot more control of our data than we had with our previous provider.
ConsI would like more information when I receive errors when creating reports, or a bit more content on the Knowledge Base about this so that I do not need to refer my queries to Support as often.
Kelly H.
Export Sales Executive
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
November 9, 2018

“Workbooks Review”

OverallWith the Workbooks system we are able to capture the sales to order process and actively record this live data.Workbooks have a great support team who are always on hand to help and support our business when changes are required. This could be from a small field change through to a complete new pdf document.
ProsWorkbooks allows our company to capture data and record the sales progress of our enquires through to order. It also allows us to create marketing campaigns and be able to understand the response rate of our campaigns. The reporting aspect of the workbooks is also very powerful and they run as live data which enable us as a business to monitor growth and orders as and when the data is created in workbooks. As a cloud based system this system allows are external users to have access to the workbooks system no matter there location.
ConsI would like more ability to be able to change layouts of PDF's so I can make changes as and when the business needs it.
November 9, 2018
Tim M.
Head of Data
Publishing, 51-200 employees
December 7, 2018

“A new improved way of working”

OverallWe were working across 6 databases (a separate one for each of our brands) and had no visibility of crossover. Workbooks has given us this capability as well as the business intelligence that connects an individual to their activity with our products. This means segmenting and targeting our marketing becomes easier and more effective.
ProsThe flexibility of Workbooks allows us to edit and format the system exactly as we want it The system is easy to navigate and has helped us introduce a more standardised way of working across the business. Integrating into GatorMail means that Workbooks becomes more powerful. We now have a true single customer view that includes all marketing contact as well as website activity of our members. From this information, we are able to automate marketing campaigns triggered by this intelligence.
ConsThe importing tool is good and fairly intuitive for simple tasks but there is a lot of data work that needs to be done beforehand. Importing orders can be awkward and it takes a fair bit of trial and error to get the mapping of existing data to fit into the system correctly. Reporting takes a bit of time to master but once you've done this, it becomes a key part of the systems everyday usage.
December 7, 2018
Abigail D.
Business Support Analyst
November 14, 2017

“Workbooks is incredibly user friendly, and adaptable. The team are always willing to help.”

ProsWorkbooks is easy to pick up. It was the first database I have ever used, so I was worried that I would not be able to use it well. I was wrong, and have been able to fully grasp all of its functions. Everything is clearly laid out, and where I do need that little bit of guidance, the Support team are always happy and willing to help. The different Record Types allow me to navigate easily around the database, and the Reporting function is brilliant. Gone are the days of tirelessly amending spreadsheets in Excel! All the information that I need is in Workbooks exactly where I need it.
ConsIn an ideal world, I would be able to use the Search function to search by Id. As System Admin, I use Ids far more than I do references due to importing. That being said, it is still simple to find a record based on their id by using filters within the Record Type.
Kirsty W.
marketing manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
September 26, 2018

“Slow start but impressed now :)”

OverallFrom what I can gather, it was a slow process at the start and the implementation from both our side and workbooks could have gone better. However, I was not around for the first couple of years of it being implemented but since I have joined, the usage and what we get out of workbooks is much better. The relationships that I have built up with the teams at workbooks have also been a huge factor in ensuring that we are now working towards having a system that are business now sees the benefit of having.
ProsIt's endless capabilities that allows you to use it for many sides of the business. Whether that be marketing, sales, finance etc
ConsWhilst it has any capabilities. This can also come with problems in that it is a very intricate system and does require some understanding.
September 26, 2018
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
November 3, 2017

“I like the customisability of the application. ”

Overallincreased efficiency through automation Increased monitoring and reporting Increased infomation to better understand our business
ProsI like the way you can pretty much create anything using there API and PHP based script database. There GITHub site gives pointers but anyone with minor knowledge of workbooks and PHP skills can start to be clever and automate process's.
ConsIt would be great to be able to give the ticketing aspect (ITSM) different referance's at system level for incidents/problems/changes. There is very little that i dis-like about this software as any issues can be raised and put into development. Often issues are experienced by multiple customers and work arounds are certainly possible.
November 3, 2017
Samantha J.
IS officer & data analyst
November 17, 2018

“Intuitive and always striving for more”

OverallAs a client for over 8 years we have been with Workbooks since relevant infancy and it has seen us through significant changes over the years
ProsThis CRM has a logical and flexible approach to enable users to develop a platform that best meets their needs. The configuration functionality allows clients to be self reliant and the knowledge base provides an excellent support resource empowering users to implement their own requirements
ConsThe dashboard functionality has been somewhat one dimensional in the past though I know this is the pipeline for further development and based on the previous enhancements adapted by the CRM I am only expecting great things
November 17, 2018
Gareth P.
Managing Director
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 17, 2018

“Excellent product and support ”

OverallBetter visibility on sales and client retention. Can't imagine running the business without it!
ProsWe have been working with Workbooks for 4 years and have been delighted with it. The on-boarding was easy, and has stood the test of time. Since then support has been excellent with the UK based team responding in a timely and knowledgable way and taking as much time as it takes to resolve the issue. User adoption has been excellent and we have no user complaints about Workbooks.
ConsNo major ones. You need to think like a CRM system to create reports etc but that's a human problem not one of Workbooks!
October 17, 2018
Matthew M.
Lead Generation Manager
Publishing, 201-500 employees
August 16, 2018

“An Honest Review”

OverallGenerally, as a business we are happy with the platform. The team at Workbooks are friendly and go the extra mile.
ProsThe system is user friendly and easy to navigate. I admire the flexibility the system provides, for example anyone can built a report from scratch or use pre-populated report to dig into multiple data sources. I admire the support offered by Workbooks, they are efficient and happy to help.
ConsWe are using GatorMail via Workbooks, we have had a few teething problems in rolling out the change. That being said, Workbooks and Communigator have been extremely helpful in resolving identified issues.
August 16, 2018
Automotive, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“Great Value, OK CRM”

OverallIt's helped our business grow for years, but we've outgrown it and we'll be moving on soon.
ProsThe price is extremely good for what you get. If price is your primary criteria, go for it. A lot of stuff can be customized, though the API & tools are just so-so
ConsCumbersome API, few integrations, especially in the US, poor response times for US support, since they're in the UK. They do an extremely good job for how cheap it is, but there are compromises as a result. The add-ons can add up and diminish the price advantage, so if you need the add-on features, it's worth investigating other products.
March 7, 2018
November 2, 2017

“Workbooks is an excellent sales tool!”

OverallIt is easy to find contacts and their history. It makes my life a lot easier when tracking the status of previous opportunities to find out what has previously been offered.
ProsWorkbooks makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities. With workbooks I always know where we are in a sales cycle and what our next actions are. I can contact leads directly from their record by email and workbooks will keep track of our communications. Meaning I can quickly find a record and check the history.
ConsSetting up complex reports can be a bit challenging at times. The search facility could also be improved with more advanced search methods.
November 2, 2017
November 14, 2017

“Easy to use, understand and adapt to the needs of the business”

OverallMerged existing business systems (spread across 3 databases) into one database and automated huge parts of the business processes. Massive efficiency gains were made.
ProsThe deep customisation options and ability to adapt almost every part of the software to fit the specific needs of the business. Powerful reporting functionality. Able to ensure each user sees exactly what they need to , in the right place, makes training very easy and gets other users o-side immediately.
ConsOccasional need to develop a more complex solution than it first appears and limitations to a certain extent by automated processing.
Dianne M.
Sales Director
November 10, 2017

“I couldn't do my job without Workbooks. It's the first thing I log into every day.”

OverallIt helps me sell. We capture leads directly from our Website and track the prospect from initial enquiry right through to final sale and beyond using workbooks.
ProsThe task scheduling feature helps me keep on top of all my sales activities so I never miss an opportunity to keep in touch with prospects. I also like the marketing features that enable us to target specific types of customers and prospects with tailored offerings.
ConsThe only area we would like to see improved is Case handling. I think the software could be a little more intuitive and automated when is comes to customer communications.
Joshua S.
Project Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 employees
November 19, 2018

“User friendly, customisable product”

OverallWe are primarily using Workbooks at the moment to record our sales opportunities and using the information here, along with other data brought from different software, creating useful reports to forecast how we expect to do and spot areas where the sales team can improve
ProsWorkbooks has a great amount of customisation, allowing us to create bespoke form layouts for various record types and really control the data we have as a business.
ConsCustomer service can vary from staff who just point you to a website page and seem to understand the product less than you, to someone who genuinely pays attention and does a great job going through the issue. I've also had to chase a couple of times for minor paid developments to be completed
Teresa B.
Business Support Manager
October 27, 2017

“It is easy to use and cutomise.”

OverallNo more manual processes! Real time reporting on quotes, orders and invoicing. Management dashboards. Tracking Sales against targets Following up on opportunities. The list is endless :)
ProsThis was a big step for our business as our processes were all done manually. This has revolutionised the business as almost everything is system generated. It is a fanatic piece of software.
ConsThe reporting element can be a little overwhelming but the support received is second to none. Other than that it is great!
Amber C.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
February 19, 2015

“Evolving and Improving”

ProsLucid Switch responds almost immediately to your questions, and any support issues are handled in a professional and timely manner. I love how the programs is almost completely able to be customized to whatever our needs might be and whatever fields of information we want to track. With a little experience, you can literally design the fields to be whatever you want it to be. We have used that feature a lot to make the program our own. I also love the automated reporting so that I can send my reports to my superior by simply scheduling the action once. The owner likes the program so much that he instituted it in his other company, as well.
ConsThere are a few features that I wish we could do away with completely, like the fact that quotes in Workbooks are Drafts first and then Posted later-- that feature doesn't really mesh well with our company although I can see why it might be beneficial to others. I also wish the icons on the Desktop were movable and stayed where you placed them (like a Microsoft desktop).
Recommendations to other buyersFigure out how you want the system to work step by step, considering all contingencies, and then explain your needs to Lucid Switch. They will work with you to perfect the system to be exactly like you want it to be.
February 19, 2015
Rioghan B.
Software Developer
March 27, 2018

“Workbooks makes keeping track of orders easy”

ProsIts very user friendly and has an interface that's easy to understand and use. Its easy to customize layouts views etc. The quality of service delivered to customers has improved. Overall it has helped the company to grow and continue to do so.
ConsWe needed a specific function and were told that it would be available in a future release. We changed a process in the business and then the feature came out sooner.
March 27, 2018
David C.
QA Manager
December 4, 2017

“Flexible CRM platform”

ProsVery helpful support team Able to customize the interface to suit your needs great flexibility in how you want to use the software excellent for lead tracking works on mobile and tablets
ConsTried to use as a support tool but it isnt suitable, we had to fill in too many different fields to close or update a case as it didnt link to organisations easily Can be difficult to use as its so flexible
December 4, 2017
Jason K.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
February 6, 2015

“Affordable CRM Solution for Sales and Marketing”

ProsWorkbooks offers an affordable solution for sales and marketing. It allows easy integration possibilities with most other systems with an API and has good integration with other systems out of the box. They take customer support and feedback very seriously and are continuous on their roll out of updates. This CRM offers transaction documents out of the box for Sales Processing, which is very convenient for sales. Other modules for event management and customer support makes this CRM just more than your typical CRM. This system has its own tabbed Windows-like interface which can make it very easy for new users.
ConsThe CRM could use a better mobile app, but it does provide basic functionality if you want to check your records. Some tasks and stronger functionality in Workbooks CRM may require some more consultation. But this is understandable because the system has to be gentle for new user but allow functionality to admins on the same instance.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is best to always speak with someone who is already familiar with the system rather than having to go through learning it from scratch. Also, people would prefer transaction documents (the PDFs) to be customized, and it is possible to do this if you have a developer or can hire a developer who can code in XSL. This would be an example of something which may not appear to be easily editable but is very possible.
February 6, 2015
Mike S.
IS Officer and Data Analyst
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
November 23, 2018

“Good, all round CRM system”

OverallWe manage client support using cases and record those individuals in people records. Consent recording for data protection and recording of objections to processing is our most recent change
ProsThe level of customisation that we can carry out in house. The reporting suite is also pretty flexible.
ConsWhen reporting, linking to some table can really slow the reports down. Campaign membership being the main one
November 23, 2018
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
November 19, 2018

“Flexible Software, Excellent for B2B”

OverallWe increased our sales with the help of this software by tracking all the customer queries and filling them in a timely manner, so the software worth the investment. Not too expensive, easy to get started, growth with the business.
ProsFlexible, easy to track projects, intuitive. Excellent for exporters as can be used in multicurrency format.
ConsCould benefit from more preset automation options.
Jane T.
Support Consultant
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
November 19, 2018

“Using Workbooks on customer support desk”

OverallCustomer support has improved since we started to use workbooks as we can easily track previous calls. Also the ease of creating and scheduling emailed reports helps greatly.
ProsIt was easy to set up and to configure to our needs. Flexible screen configuration and picklists meant we could see what we needed to easily.
ConsRuns very slowly at times, this makes for frustration on a busy support desk.
Neil B.
Managing Director

“Fantastic CRM tool”

OverallIt keeps all our business Managment in one system, so everything is at our fingertips.
ProsWe use the software from lead management through to invoicing, it is easy to use and fully featured. Our support team manage all cases through the system.
ConsI think the mobile tools could be improved as we don't use the mobile workflow. Maybe a dedicated app would be an option in the future.
Adam G.
Operations Manager

“User for 5 years”

OverallThe use of automated invoice scripts saves several members of staff many hours each week.
ProsHighly Customisable, and very easy to grant access to specific areas only to different staff members. Very good reporting tool.
ConsSometimes picking apart the customisation to fix one small thing can be time consuming. Only being allowed two named support contacts is a little tedious sometimes.
David C.
Financial Analyst
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees
February 2, 2017

“Flexible, Powerful and Strong competitor to Salesforce.com! ”

OverallThe best thing about Workbooks is how flexible the reporting is and having access to API data for any report you create is an added bonus. The template html sales lead forms are handy for getting a sales lead form onto your website quickly and have been very beneficial to us. I recently used the bulk updates feature for data cleansing, which helped me to clean 600 opportunity records in less than 20 minutes.
ProsReporting, bulk updates, custom email templates, sales lead web form.
ConsLack of built in lead allocation functionality. Automated lead allocation would required custom php code.
February 2, 2017
Brendan H.
Director of IT
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“First rate.”

ProsScope and breadth of capability, its flexibility and ability to self configure all aspects of the software. the analysis and reporting capabilities. the data
ConsSome aspects of functionality require complex scripts to be developed and maintained; but once they are running well automated processes are very smooth.
November 16, 2018

“Working well for the business”

OverallAs time goes by we are continually finding more and more uses for Workbooks. The regular emailed reports are great for me, as the MD, to keep a track on KPIs.
ProsFlexibility and that it could be used by various team across the company.
ConsThere is not an offline Native iOS or Android mobile App.
Yemsi P.
Planificador Territorial II
February 26, 2018

“Comprehensive crm software ”

OverallI think the most useful benefit we get is to get in board to the technologies and impulse our business in the web and social networks if aviable, in order to get more costumers
ProsI like this tool because the dashboard is very transparent and very easy to understand the status of the pipeline, in order to make decisions in our pipeline in order to increase our numbers. I like the reports, because we can focus on marketing spots accordingly. And the hole company, and I mean sales, support and management are connected around one software.
ConsI don't like to move from workbook to another software platform to attend support cases. In this matter, searching names for support could be a slow process, I think in general is complex to master the different features of the software
Simon J.
IT Director
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees
November 20, 2018

“CRM that just works well”

OverallThe implementers and support team are spot on. Very attentive, got our business and did their job well. The whole company is easy to work with.
ProsIt did everything we asked of it. We have integrated it with our back end systems to provide a single version of the "truth" - the API was very easy to use and the integration very quick to do. We also esily integrated with other SAAS software such as MailChimp and Survey Monkey
ConsThe origin UI was very old school, but fortunately that has now been fixed. Workbooks being a smaller vendor don't have so many out-of-the-box integrations as other CRM vendors, such as SalesForce
Adam P.
Commercial Manager
Plastics, 51-200 employees
March 9, 2018

“Excellent easy to learn CRM System”

ProsFriendly user interface encourages fast adoption. Powerful reporting and customization helps us make informed data driven decisions easily
ConsLimitations for Manufacturing businesses. We will always need an MRP/ERP system alongside Workbooks.
March 9, 2018
Hervé S.
Data Analyst
January 22, 2018

“I use Workbooks as a System Administrator”

ProsThe system offers a level of flexibility and autonomy that other don't. The configuration suite enables us to provide a good level of support to our users.
ConsThe doashboards could benefit from some updates. The fluidity of the reports could also be improved.
January 22, 2018
Mike G.
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“Great Cloud CRM”

OverallWe were looking for a CRM solution for our SME for ages and trialled loads - Workbooks is so powerful we said yes instantly.
ProsEase of use, configurable - intuitive windows style screens.
ConsIt's so powerful it can be confusing!
Nicola H.
Service Desk, Change and Contract Manager
Insurance, 51-200 employees

“Workbooks review ”

OverallOverall it's very good, support is excellent and the team are very helpful.
ProsThe report features - being able to build them yourself.
ConsComplicated at times, especially with the multiple relationships
Herve S.
Data Analyst

“Workbooks experience”

ProsWorkbooks is quite easy to use and provide a high level of flexibility and control in reporting and configuration
ConsRigidity of display Dashboards are not great
Julio A R.
February 26, 2018

“Workbook - Great business marketing plan”

OverallWe found that the numbers of our company were slowing down, so we tried out some new tools in order to make our business to keep on track. Workbooks gave us a new way of thinking because just making things in a different way we can reach more clients.
ProsI like most is the versatility of adapting the software to our offer, is very intuitive and we have several setups until we find the right for us. The software covers from leads to payments, and it have to manage a invoice program. I like the support management because allow us to find our way using workbook
ConsOnce we knew is a flexible software, we didn't understand the dimensions of it, it took a while to process and adapt all our data to a new way to manage the software. The search function is very slow. Some times we have difficulties with the reports function. We found some troubles with planning tools and the synchronization with the software.
Paolo D.
Service Desk Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

“Excellent product”

OverallIt's never a pain to work on this software, it's easy to use and the support is brilliant
ProsSimplicity, integration and functionalities
ConsCreating reports it's a bit of a challenge
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
November 8, 2017

“Simple to use, captures all the information we need, flexible and has been well adopted”

ProsI like that the system is simple to navigate and update. With little training users can get started use the system effectively.
ConsI think the reports are complicated to set up, particularly from scratch. I have needed to contact support for assistance on reports. They are not as intuitive as other areas of the system.
November 8, 2017
Brian P.
Finance Director
November 20, 2018

“Good CRM system for small SMS”

OverallWe were using two separate systems, so made sense to merge new business and customer databases into one
ProsGood customisation; easy to use; automatic email reports. Highly adaptable and benefit for continuous development
ConsCustomisation of report layouts for printing needs to be improved, but working on this
Jenny S.
Sales & Marketing
October 31, 2017

“Workbooks is great for sales cycles and orders, easy to use and plenty of features!”

ProsI only use workbooks for sales administration work, keeping track of the sales team opportunities and leads. The filter function and all the information you can store in a single record is ideal when you have lots of records.
ConsThe search tool is not ideal, it could be better, needs more advanced options. I also think creating a report is a lot more complicated than it needs to be, different criteria and views makes it hard to use.
October 31, 2017
Darren M.
Medical Practice, Unspecified
June 11, 2015

“Free version still going strong”

ProsAs a small business it is great to have a tool that is used in big business. Having a CRM that you can access anywhere with all your customer details and information when you are on the go is essential. We use the free version as we only need two users to access the information, but if my business needs to add more users we can for a very low cost.
ConsOk so we can not customise it totally but we can do so much more than other CRM's out there without the added cost.
Recommendations to other buyersreviewing software and giving feedback will lead to improvments making it a better business tool.
June 11, 2015
Mike S.
July 9, 2010

“Workbooks CRM ”

OverallInitially Workbooks was taken on to replace the relatively medievil practice of managing prospects, pipeline and forecasts in spreadsheets and make information more accessible, and ultimately improve the way in which we dealt with customers, suppliers, prospects and so on. Once we started to trial and use the service we recognised that we could use it for much much more, and in fact we have been able to reduce the amount of paperwork and personnel involved in managing certain tasks, such as producing quotes or tracking the success and return of marketing campaigns. We are a big advocate of Workbooks, and it is and has helped us shape the way in which we work for the better. We have now been on board for 18 months and will extend our usage of the service in the future.
ProsEasy to customize (fields, views, reports), the service requires very little training Configuration and policy enforcement is straightforward Ability to manage multiple databases Forecasting and tracking opportunites from prospect through to sale
ConsOur biggest challenges have been with adoption and getting people working in a standardised fashion. My only criticism currently is that to my knowledge I can integrate it with outlook to record history, I believe this is coming.
July 9, 2010
November 21, 2017

“Slugish and painful but gets the job done”

OverallIntegrated accounting and support systems. We can see if a company has an active contract before we provide support. Everything is logged and whole team can login to see the status of the cases.
ProsIt allows us a company to run our business. We can track support cases and organisational contracts. Saas system means no server maintenance, upgrades take place at night so little downtime.
ConsSo many windows to click and wait for things to open. At times it can take minutes for windows to open. Its not built as a support system, so it's only logging the emails which are sent with categorisations. Contact their support team can be complex as they only allow 2 authorised contacts, so if your 2 colleagues happen to be off they won't answer your call.
November 21, 2017
Cesar A S.
Analista
February 12, 2018

“This is what you need to improve your company”

OverallThis tool has help us a lot planning our expenses and calculating our taxes paying through out the year, this help us a lot to control our budget and to know when we have to reduce our expenses and when we can expend more money for the community with our social projects.
ProsWorkbooks offers everything a company needs to get the most of it, there are a endless numbers of things that you can do with this app, this app does not only do like other apps of CRM do, like manage accounting, automatizing processes or show expenses and budget graphics, this app also improve all that you need for paying taxes, invoicing, ordering, costs and handle in the perfect way the relationship client-company. There are a big numbers of features that can help your organization or company to do the best work.
ConsThis kind of app requiere a great number of data to performance in the best way, so you have to feed in with all the details, about marketing, costumers, details of accounting of your company an so on, if you do not do that you are wasting a huge opportunity to improve your company and not using this tool in the right way.
February 12, 2018
Emma P.
Sales Manager
Hospitality, Unspecified
3.5/5
October 1, 2015

“Utilised for general data base and sales lead tool”

ProsI don't deal too much with the Vendor directly, however, they seem to be able to make the necessary updates required in a prompt manner. This product is easy to use to track all customer interactions and sales leads, straightforward and fairly intuative for anyone who has used a lead management tool
ConsReporting is pretty complex, not so intuative but exports to excel very well.
Recommendations to other buyersUse as much of the system as possible, ensure you have plenty of experience with the product you are reviewing/evaluating
October 1, 2015
Chris W.
Research, 51-200 employees
January 26, 2018

“Happy. Selected Workbooks from a wide search and still convinced its the best for what we need.”

OverallBetter access to the right information.
ProsVersatility. Capable of dealing with complex relationships - people to multiple organisations and organisation to organisation. Analysis and reporting.
January 26, 2018
Lucy E.
Senior Marketing Co ordinator
October 27, 2017

“New to the system but can already see the benefits and potential the system can offer”

Proseverything is in one place. for marketing we can use the system for sending eshots, hosting events and getting to know our clients and have a better understanding them.
ConsNot being able to assigned tasks to users who do not have a login. we have over 300 staff here and its not just those who have logins who could be asked to do some specific work.
Publishing, 11-50 employees
November 21, 2018

“Easily Customisable CRM”

ProsI really like the ease of customisation, making it work the way i need it to
ConsCost can be prohibitive if you need more than a couple of users
November 21, 2018
Rosie B.
September 6, 2011

“Fantastic tool for voluntary work”

OverallWe use Workbooks to keep track of all our members, providers, volunteers and sponsors; communication and for managing activities. It saves vital time, which is invaluable when you are running a voluntary project as well as a business. Most importantly for me, it is easy to use and quick to learn. I really like the fact I can quickly filter data, so if I want to list all members and what activities they are interested in, it's just a couple of clicks and I have what I need. I can easily send emails or track projects. I like the fact that we can easily personalise it to meet our unique project requirements. I am keen to now use it in my training business.
ProsQuick to set up, easy to use and very reliable. It is also free to use for up to 2 users, which is fantastic value for a voluntary project or small business. It was so easy to convert over the data from our existing Works database into Workbooks.
ConsI haven't found the time to really utilise so much more of what it is capable of. I am just at the tip of the iceberg of all its functions. My fault, not Workbooks.
September 6, 2011