GiftLogic Ratings

Overall

About GiftLogic

GiftLogic is a non-cloud point-of-sale and retail management platform for brick and mortar retailers. Accept payments, track customer, manage inventory, and run analytics for insights into business performance. GiftLogic is you easy to use solution to keep you organized and driving your retail business. Enjoy GiftLogic 2019 Pro for only $1295. Get started now! Learn more about GiftLogic

Andre L.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2017

“Strong learning curve ”

OverallCould be one of the best POS out there if they be willing to fix a good 10-20% of there things. 1st would be the purchase order 2nd the speed of how to do things.
ProsThe inventory system by excel format is great. (exporting feature is great) Making new items is well done. Sales are mostly easy to do.(Once you have its set up the right way) Their search is pretty good (You can search for a specific word but you always have to add *before, this should be automatic if searching for specific word) I must say the reports are great. (my last one stink, so this is much better) Can see sales per hour days etc. Customer support is A1.
ConsOrdering from the purchase order is terrible. They really need to work on this. One thing you can't add a product when doing a purchase order. So you need to make sure every item is made before hand. The suggesting amounts get put in the order automatic you should add them yourself. You can have different things open at the same time, if I'm doing a purchase order I should be able to add a product or print a tag without having to leave that section. (Windows is about multitasking) Things are too long to do with many steps for no good reason. The worst thing right now is I still can't link my inventory with website. (There always problems with their software or bigcommerce)
May 24, 2017
Cristina L.
Bookkeeper
Furniture, 11-50 employees
February 9, 2017

“Gift Logic Year in Review”

OverallI really enjoy using this product. It is relatively easy to use once you know how to use it. It can work to your benefit to help customers quickly and efficiently. It's great for a store with a large inventory that changes rapidly.
ProsI like that it has the option to have pictures of an item once it has been scanned. It is also very helpful that it lists the quantities in stock, which helps with restocking. The ability to have a custom order is also helpful when customers are checking out product. It is very quick in the checkout process as well. The quick access bar is great for items that are unable to have a barcode and it makes it easy to find the pictures. Having the ability to integrate with QuickBooks is a big plus as well for the bookkeeping part of the business which allows for less time spent in that area. I really also enjoy the ability to have a PO and input an order quickly and keep track of damages. It also keeps track of backorders so you know what is still to come.
ConsIt takes awhile to learn how to use every aspect of this product especially office. Once I used it often enough I was able to get the hang of it but I am still learning. Instead of making a product inactive I would like it to have the option to delete it. It is also difficult to edit a vendor name in some parts of Office. I have not found in the search function in Register the ability to look for a product based on which category it is listed such as wall art or animal. I also would like it to have the option of when we are searching for a product that it would eliminate all products that did not have that name instead of highlighting the name and having to go through the entire list.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat for a business that carries a large inventory that is constantly changing.
February 9, 2017
Pam H.
January 6, 2015

“Gift Logic - just my cup of Tea!”

ProsWhen I began the process to open my new store, Tea World, I found a space to lease and next I chose the POS software, Gift Logic. I wanted to get off to a good start and knew if I waited until after I was open I would always be playing catch up. Gift Logic made the evaluation process very easy. I looked at some other companies and they were very impressive, but Gift Logic stood out of the crowd for me. It is definitely user-friendly, but if I have a problem I know help is just a phone call away. The staff is always helpful and pleasant to deal with and most important patient with me. One of the things that I like about Gift Logic and the people I deal with is that they are so up front. I had no unpleasant surprises. Everything was just as it was described. Gift Logic has helped me every step of the way and even worked with me to tweak the system for my own needs.
ConsI have nothing at all negative to say about the vendor. They're always professional. What I like least was the data entry, but that is something that just has to be done for the system to work. Had I already had a better inventory system in place, I'm sure it would have been easier.
Recommendations to other buyersTake advantage of the online demo. It is like taking a car for a test drive. I narrowed my search down to the final three candidates and then had a demonstration from each. Try to do an "apples to apples" comparison. Have a written list of your requirements and questions to review with the vendor. It is easy to get caught up in the demo and forget an important item on your list unless you have in front of you. Be open to suggestions even if you don't think it would be right for you. I thought I didn't want to mess with bar code pricing, after all I was doing tea. I didn't jump on that right away and wished I had. It was so easy.
January 6, 2015
Deborah C.
March 13, 2017

“A very satisfied customer since July 2016”

Overall I highly recommend GiftLogic to anyone; I love their versatile POS/Inventory control system. It is easy to learn, easy to use and very reliable. Their product is most adaptable, no need to buy what you don't need, and one can add features- if needed at a fair cost. I like that it's software and not cloud-based. The in house support is excellent and has your back, very willing to assist -just call. I appreciate the honest and professional manner in which they run their solid company. When beginning to search for a POS program, one thing I didn't need or have time for were problems I needed solutions and that's exactly what I ended up with-solutions. I looked at 6 systems before buying and looking back I'm so glad I chose GiftLogic for our store!
ProsThat the software is user friendly, and very reliable. Company & Support responds quickly when something is needed. Reports quite detailed and one step download to excel and PDF.
ConsI really don't have any cons to offer.
Recommendations to other buyersThis software & company serves us well.
March 13, 2017
Deborah C.
Bookstore Manager (volunteer)
November 10, 2016

“GiftLogic for a Church Bookstore”

OverallThis was not a perfect match - but the price was right and the customer support is fantastic. I was able to implement it in less than two months from transporting date, through cleanup of data, learning to going live; and the volunteer cashiers are thrilled with it. I continue to learn more and more about it. There are some things I cannot do that I could with my other system, but there are many thing that are easier.
ProsMuch easier for cashiers to use - easier to train new cashiers and hold on to cashier volunteers. MANY fewer mistakes with our cashiers. Very easy to do sales and make them easy for cashiers. This is the best part of the program. Getting the monthly sales tax report and some other reports is greatly simplified from what we were doing.
ConsIt is not set up for a bookstore. We want to do a lot of things by "author". It is not configured to do that. We have used a field called "Attribute" to hold the author, but it is problematic for doing some things like getting an inventory checklist list by Department ordered by Author. I wish it had customizable reports. You can export data to excel and create your own report, but to have to do that every time you need the same report over and over again is tedious. If you could just customize the report, the way you can customize the inventory spreadsheet view would be helpful. (Writing that - gives me an idea to try...hmmm)
Recommendations to other buyersIt has a lot of good features. It is easy to learn. Customer support is fantastic - be sure to purchase that, at least at first, it is well worth it.
November 10, 2016
Jenica B.
Esthetician
Self-employed
September 13, 2018

“Does more then I could possibly need”

ProsThere are so many functions and add-ons! Once I got familiar with the software it is now incredibly easy to use.
ConsWhen purchasing there are many features that are an additional cost like integration with other software, advanced email preferences and so on. Can be a little costly if you needed all the options they offer. Thankfully I did not.
September 13, 2018
Anita P.
Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2017

“Program installation and setup was a breeze! ”

ProsWe installed the program, imported data from our previous program & created labels & added photo images of merchandise. The program is user friendly and meets all of our needs.
ConsWe purchased the computer hardware separately and did not know that we should have had the Office Suite installed so that we could export data to excel in order to generate certain reports.
May 2, 2017
Cindy H.
Owner/Manager
December 8, 2016

“GiftLogic”

OverallFrom the first phone call regarding the product to the last call we had with GiftLogic support, they have been a great company to deal with. The software was to replace a previous POS software that wasn't doing what we needed. GiftLogic has the inventory control, customer contact & rewards info & accounting reports that we need as a young, small business without having the huge cash outlay. They are quick to respond to any inquiry or support question. Their support people are easy to talk to & very helpful & don't talk 'tech talk' when helping.
ProsMost of the sales calls & support calls have been with the same 3 or 4 people so they are aware of our previous calls. It is very nice to talk to the same people & every one of them has been great!
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend GiftLogic to anyone needing POS software.
December 8, 2016
Tony D.
September 13, 2016

“Gift Logic fits the bill!”

ProsCompared to our former POS system, Gift Logic is quite simple to teach and learn. The phone support that comes with the system is great. Any questions you might have is answered in a polite way without making you feel "computer dumb". If an issue cannot be resolved with a tech explaining to you, they will access your computer (via Team Viewer) and help you through it.
ConsI own a shoe store and have a lot of items. So when using a manufacture's UPC number there is not as easy to locate product in the stockroom. Our old system generated it's own SKUs so product would be put on the stockroom shelves by vendor and by numerical order. The only problem so far with the vendor is that they are on the east coast and I am on the west coast, so if I am having an issue past 2 pm PST, I have to wait until the next morning to get it resolved.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are just starting a business and need a thorough and efficient POS system, I would highly recommend this software. It's a little more difficult when transitioning for an older system to this one. The price for a program like this, with all it's features and support I found is very reasonable as well.
September 13, 2016
Angela V.
January 9, 2015

“Excellent customer service and tech support”

ProsThe system has a user-friendly interface that I love, and the classes GiftLogic offer are even better. I used the training mode a lot while I was between classes to play and learn without making any changes to my inventory, and I am using it with all my employees as well.
ConsI can honestly say there is only one thing I wish I could change about the program. I wish the inventory sub sections were more customizable instead of the set size, color, etc. For a bookstore, size and color really mean nothing, but Author and Publisher do.
Recommendations to other buyersI have honestly enjoyed the whole experience. When I call with questions, I speak to the same people over and over again. In this day and age, it means something when you can call a business have them remember you, and that is the type of service you get with GiftLogic. I will also say that the price is good. I needed something not internet cloud-based, and this is the only program I found that I knew I could learn easily, but that didn't charge by the number of registers or inventory.
January 9, 2015
Rebecca S.
November 11, 2016

“Love this software! ”

OverallGift Logic is great. I love the ease of the program. My favorite part is the ability to add picture to the product! See what is being rung up- assuring the purchase is correct. (In the past we have had some customers switch tags to a less expensive item for ring out) The customer service is fantastic! They have helped me every step of the way. Tony, "BTE" (Best Tony Ever" is great. Along with Jeff and Justin- these guys are so quick and helpful and are there when I call!!!
ProsPictures! PO system Reports The QB integration Customer Service Inexpensive Credit card integration. Speed
ConsWish it would take inventory to a negative number. Find customers regardless of capitalization.
Recommendations to other buyersI think by far this is a superior system for my industry.
November 11, 2016
Penny B.
Office help
Self-employed
November 8, 2018

“Does more then I will ever need”

ProsThis system is extremely versatile. Runs many different reports. They have a lot of features many of which I have never used.
ConsTheir integration options are very expensive. Yes they go on sale sometimes but still pricey depending on how many you would need.
November 8, 2018
Phil S.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, Unspecified
May 5, 2016

“Simple to use and train, but robust.”

ProsAlways help available but seldom needed support. I had a special need for a tag printer , they went the extra mile to get it running properly.
ConsI would like to simplify tag printing, maybe a pop up ? Everything else is great for me.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it. Super easy intuitive, as much pleasure as pos software can be.
Rosie C.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
June 21, 2018

“Average POS software”

ProsSimple and easy to use. I like that you can integrate client information like birthdays and anniversaries, helps us customize and segment our client database and communications.
ConsThey pride themselves on simplicity being the key to their software but I still find it very hard to use. Once you feel comfortable with it after a big learning curve, I find myself wishing it had more built-in features. Their simplicity model is lacking.
June 21, 2018
Penny B.
Office help
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
October 20, 2016

“GiftLogic ”

OverallGift logic was very helpful initially setting up the software itself and with any issues I was having after. I am not the most techno-savy person and they were very patient in their dealings with me. As for the software itself it has an endless amount of functions which I don't need all of them, however this program could work perfectly for numerous different type of business. Its very versatile and allows you to do almost anything you can think of. Great software and great support team makes an excellent product!
October 20, 2016
Theodore R.
Accountant
Museums and Institutions, Unspecified
May 5, 2016

“So far it has met expectations.”

ProsI like the ease of use of the product and the way it links to the on-line store software.
ConsThere is so much in the product that we do not use, it is hard to find and remember things we do need.
Recommendations to other buyersWe looked at several vendors before choosing GiftLogic. Make sure that you know what you want the software to do before purchasing it.
Abel B.
Furniture, 1-10 employees
November 9, 2016

“Stay Away From Them”

OverallThe software itself isn't great but functional for a single location in the small food business but nowhere near up to par for ANY retail. I wanted to purchase their software but there business practices are amateur. They wouldn't allow me to make a purchase with my personal Debit card then charge the business account debit card when it came in to refund back to personal card for a purchase. They said because of refund fees. As a business owner who accepts debit and credit cards, I know they are only talking about $1 -$ 4. Lost a sale over it. They wouldn't allow a business check over the phone or by auto draft or by mail. They are obviously making money on CC or Debit card backend fees. Made no attempt to satisfy. I believe I will move forward with someone else who understands the business owner functionality better.
ProsTech guy who went over was nice
ConsNo business sense, not intensely customer service oriented. Felt like something was shady the entire time I dealt with them
Recommendations to other buyersShop around, I did and found better
November 9, 2016
Jenica B.
Esthetician
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
October 10, 2016

“GiftLogic”

OverallThe Sales team was fantastic to deal with. After purchasing the software I have received the best of help from their support team. The only issue I have is the fact that the company does not have a line for Canadians. Living in Canada it can get expensive to call them, however I can also interact with their team through email and if the issues continue they will call me. All in all it is great software and I have much more to learn but that will all come with time.
October 10, 2016
Alexis D.
Marketing Director
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees
December 7, 2017

“Fantastic Impression”

OverallWe recommend retailers to GiftLogic and we want to thank Brian for being such a fantastic help. Aside from our need for something larger, the software seemed to have everything we wanted other than some more in depth features when it came to inventory control and reports.
ProsEverything about this software was appealing from the customer service to the functionality. We only gave it 4 stars because we did not end up purchasing it due to the need for something larger, but we were very pleased with everything we saw.
December 7, 2017
Jon L.
February 26, 2016

“Toy Town GiftLogic”

ProsI think we thought the ability to mass upload our current inventory was great. The customer service is amazing. Anytime we have the any issue they are quick to help.
ConsI think with the price paid for the product the company should ship out the single and software overnight or 2 day. We waited over a week for our product and it just seemed unnecessary. Customer service could be open later to service the other time zones.
Recommendations to other buyersI think it takes a lot of research to find out exactly what works best for your store. We went through about 6 different software trials and tours before we decided upon GiftLogic. Make sure you write down what you need/want out of these products and have the agent show you them. Don't be too overwhelmed and make a quick decision.
February 26, 2016
Lisa B.
November 5, 2016

“Barchester Bookshelf LOVES GiftLogic!”

OverallI started a part-time used book business in January 2016, and I chose GiftLogic to keep everything organized. This full-service software excels at inventory, reports, customer service, even eCommerce. And the staff at GiftLogic is remarkable! They are located in the U.S. (!!!), they are cheerful, they are knowledgeable, and they are wonderfully helpful. When a software update created a mini-panic-attack while I was at a book convention in May, I simply called GiftLogic, and they walked me through the simple steps to get this newbie up and running again. I highly recommend GiftLogic for all your point of sale needs!
ProsAs a used book seller, I especially love the ability to create my own barcodes! It's fast, easy, and fun. The inventory reports are also very helpful to me.
ConsI truly cannot think of any. I have been working with GiftLogic for the better part of the year, and I have never been sorry that I chose them.
Recommendations to other buyersCheck out their website and see all that GiftLogic can do. Call the staff and chat about your needs and how they can help. If you catch an online special, that's serendipity.
November 5, 2016
Maghan S.
Furniture, Unspecified
September 8, 2016

“Gift Logic Review”

ProsEasy to use and company is easy to get a hold of. I haven't used it long enough but from the training videos I really like all of the functions and how it seems to be easy to navigate. I got the computer and software really quick and it was missing a cord and I got it the next business day and set it all up. I like the customization and tool bars too.
ConsI haven't use it long enough to say anything bad. I do wish that it worked with a company that could text promotions in addition to email.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure it meets all of your needs. I like that you can go in at any time and reprint old receipts and gift cards.
September 8, 2016
Allen S.
December 1, 2015

“Excellent experience with GiftLogic”

ProsVendor has been very helpful and upfront with information. When I ran into unclear concepts.
ConsI'm new to the product and am just becoming familiar with it. Issues I've run into so far have been my own lack of familiarity with this specific type of SW.
Recommendations to other buyersI suspect this product will do all and more than I need. Still working on learning and understanding, which there are on-line videos that help. I'd recommend looking at reviews that are from individuals who have been working with the product for awhile. It is more likely to obtain the full truth than from someone, like myself, who is a beginner. Rating I've provided are based on my assumptions not necessarily from my on-going exposure.
December 1, 2015
Cynthia W.
October 19, 2015

“It is an intuitive program. Easy to follow”

ProsThe support team I can call and walk me through anything on the program.
ConsThe hand held UPC bar code reader. The batteries die and it doesn't allow me to check in product.
Recommendations to other buyerscheck out the other products in the market, then you will understand why this is such a good value.
October 19, 2015
Cat K.
April 5, 2017

“These guys are GREAT!”

OverallWe like the software just fine, but what we REALLY love is the tech support team who went above and beyond to develop a work-around when our back-up service dropped the ball and left us hanging without a net when our server crashed. These guys were able to recover all of our inventory for us and saved our backsides -- even though the problem was entirely on our end and technically not their responsibility. We are definitely fans for life!
April 5, 2017
Debbie H.
October 7, 2015

“It has made my job so much easier.”

ProsIt enables me to easily see what has sold and what I need to reorder.
ConsThe "Help" screen pops up when I scan an item that has a double barcode.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try. It is great for tracking inventory and for POS.
October 7, 2015
Jenelle K.
February 23, 2017

“GiftLogic Review ”

OverallI have been very happy with GiftLogic. Their software is very easy to use.
ConsThe only con is that the tech support is expensive.
February 23, 2017
Jennie G.
January 10, 2017

“Great company ”

OverallThe only problem with this product is it's set up for a food or clothing store. So I have to list the genres of books under flavor.
January 10, 2017
Dan F.
Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees
July 11, 2017

“The price is right”

OverallI have not been able to use it because I've had to purchase another pc, because the first one I bought was not compatible. .
ProsIt seems like it should be fairly user friendly, however i can't tell for sure. We will see after my new pc shows up.
ConsYou have to buy the hardware to match up exactly as required. I have an i5 processor that runs very fast with my pc. However it will not run this software. You have to buy the hardware exactly as required.
July 11, 2017
Marcia D.
December 26, 2016

“Waste of money and time”

OverallSales rep. lied about the ability of software to track sizes and colors of clothing within a style. They force you to pay annually for support that should come with the software. Not at all user-friendly or intuitive. They are only interested in making the sale. Not sure what kind of business could use this. I see a few good reviews from a tire shop and a church. Clothing stores are NOT able to use this software.
ProsNothing
Recommendations to other buyersDo not consider if you need customizable reports. Do not use if you have a clothing store.
December 26, 2016
Ariday R.
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2016

“Ariday's Review”

OverallGiftLogic has helped my company in so many ways. My employees loved it and didn't have a any problem with it.
November 29, 2016
Bruce R.
Retail, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
May 9, 2018

“splendid”

ProsI truly like when a service can take my words out mu own mouth and deliver the service that im looking for
Consi have not been using the product long enough to find a disliking. there are somethings that just come to you over time.
May 9, 2018
Patricia B.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
December 12, 2017

“Challenging ”

ProsI am happy to be able to use a POS system that was within budget for my company. The support system is awesome.
ConsTo many departments and that made It confusing for me. It would be nice if it could be modified for my type of business.
December 12, 2017
Jessica Z.
office manager
Automotive, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2016

“Fast and Easy ”

OverallEasy to use all the functions you need , as well as a monthly report!
December 5, 2016
Chuck L.
March 31, 2016

“We purchased GiftLogic over 2 years ago and we still love it.”

OverallEasy to use. The part time cashiers learn it very fast. It is stable, there never seems to be any issues with GiftLogic, it just always works. Whenever I have a question about how to do something, the support staff is always friendly and always available.
March 31, 2016
Jennie G.
August 18, 2016

“Great customer service ”

ProsTech support is always willing to help and very friendly.
ConsSome things in the system aren't set up well for a used (trade-in) bookstore and tech support doesn't always know the best option for correcting it.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you compare "apples to apples". If one company charges way less (or way more) check the features of each and how they fit your needs.
August 18, 2016
Charlene H.
Building Materials, Unspecified
August 16, 2016

“GiftLogic for hardware store”

ProsSoftware is easy to use. Great Technical support team. Price is just right.
Consso far I haven't found anything that I don't like about the product or vendor.
Recommendations to other buyersTechnical support has been great so far. You call with questions and they hook you up with a technician right away. They don't put you on hold at all. All the technician that I have dealt with was able to solve my problems/questions.
August 16, 2016
Twyla J.
August 10, 2015

“Good product, but users need training.”

ProsEase of telephone support. I also like the tremendous amount of reports available.
ConsSome errors we make are not very easily corrected. I always have to call in and ask someone at GL to fix for me.
Recommendations to other buyersGet as much training as possible on the software before you start.
August 10, 2015