ServiceM8 Ratings

Overall

About ServiceM8

ServiceM8 is for small service businesses with less than 30 staff. Powerful management of estimates, scheduling, invoicing, maintenance schedules, safety reports, customers & much more. Cut admin time dramatically by sending invoices directly into Quickbooks Online or Xero. ServiceM8 is simple to use, quick to get started and we have a free trial, so why not give it a go today? Learn more about ServiceM8

Katherine B.
May 20, 2019

“A must have for trades”

OverallWe have only been using the platform for a month
Pros- The pricing structure is something that initially drew our attention. Instead of being per user it is a monthly fee (plus add-ons). - The job scheduling is very easy to use and with a team scheduler add-on you can select multiple team members for the same job. - the phone app is extremely useful. You can select to text a customer when you are on route (providing you've set it all up before hand). - You can take payment in the field as well as invoices generating a link that customer's can click on to make payment. Payments are shown in the job diary. - job diaries are autogenerated so you can see a good audit trail from creation to closure. You can add to existing jobs from the inbox feature. - the network request add-on is really useful for our business where we use contractors who don't require a logon to our system but complete jobs on our behalf. We have set our templates up with forms and questions that need completion and when these are done it shows up on our portal which says time having to manually enter data in from emails.
Cons- Sometimes the navigation functions can be time consuming. It would be handy to raise a job from within the client module window (i.e. when you open a client you can view current and past jobs but you cannot raise a new one and therefore have to go to dispatch board). - It would be good to have a shortcut to raise a new job on the main menu rather than having to select dispatch board. - the asset scanning only appears to work with purchase stickers from ServiceM8 (unless we haven't discovered correctly how to do this with other ones...) - It is limited to IOS so we have had to purchase iPad minis to sync with our android devices.
May 20, 2019
Nick M.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
April 13, 2017

“Still getting started, but it seems pretty good”

OverallI started attempting to use ServiceM8 about a year ago. I also changed my books from good old Cashflow Manager to Xero, which I setup to sync with ServiceM8. I am a one-man show. I say "attempted" to use ServiceM8, because, at the time, I was many months behind on my books/invoices, and the situation really got even worse. I have now got my books up to date, and I am working through doing many months of invoices. I had my accountant assist me setting up Xero. All was more or less working, but I had big issues with the bank feeds, especially PayPal, basically I got a huge mess, then I wiped it all out to start again, and got much the same mess again. Frustrated, I went back to my good old trusty Cashflow Manager program and did the whole set of books for the entire financial year to date (and 2 BAS statements) in an afternoon. So I have ditched the Xero-ServiceM8 sync, and am now going to use ServiceM8 with Cashflow Manager manually. None of this is in any ServiceM8's fault, Its either mine or Xero's, probably a bit of both. Basically I will maintain my books in Cashflow Manager, do the invoices and job tracking in ServiceM8, and then manually enter the payments into Cashflow Manager, much like I used to. A nuisance, but not a big deal. As for ServiceM8, I have only really started exploring it and using it the last few days. I have been trying to for ages, but either forget, or left my iPad at home. I have learnt a lot about it in the last few days. I have looked at the competition, but most of them (at a similar price point at least) had apps that don't work offline. ServiceM8 will work without an internet connection (with some features not working naturally), so it was the obvious choice for me in a rural area with poor telecommunications. So far, it seems to work well, is easy to use, the app is fast, and the website seems fast enough on the odd occasion I have used it on a decent internet connection. Just now (a public holiday) i got a response (and solution) from their support in 14mins. That is my first contact with them. It is quite cheap and I feel that it is quite a good fit for my business. But it will only work as well as you make it, and you will have to put some time into learning it and incorporating it into your daily routine. I highly recommend giving it a shot to all small service businesses that are struggling to manage their jobs, invoices etc. Bonus points if you can start using it before you get overwhelmed by work.
ProsWorks offline. Seems fairly simple. Fast. Plenty of features. Should end up saving me plenty of time.
ConsIm still a bit nervous about keeping important business data "in the cloud" in someone else's hands.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a shot. It doesnt cost much, and has the potential to save you a lot of time and headaches. But you will have to invest the time to make it work.
April 13, 2017
Skipper L.
March 20, 2017

“Hesitant but hopeful, and pleasantly suprised.”

OverallAs a tiny service company competing against global powerhouses, we have been searching for a long time for a program to help us consolidate our business software. We had a system that worked for us, but it was clunky due to it being a series of stand alone programs we would multitask together. SignNow, Quickbooks online, Notes, emails (2 different ones) and photos all worked, but took about 1/2 the time of the actual service call to make sure all the documents were properly completed, sent and billed. Two key features sold us on this: Integration into QuickBooks Online and the ability to create check lists for each job so nothing is forgotten. The bonuses of individual technician scheduling, letting us have the option to still use WAZE for the GPS on the work order, time stamps for travel and on/off the job, text/email ETA from the phone to the customer all makes us look much bigger than we are. We feel like a powerhouse vs the big boys in our industry with this program, and with the cost based off now much we use it vs a block tier system lets us know well before hand what our costs will be each month. We couldn't be happier. Please don't change this formula ServiceM8. It's everything we need.
ProsHard to say: Its super easy to use, has all the features we already used and more. Stable, powerful and integrates into QBO and emails seamlessly. Customer service communication inside the program is outstanding. Being able to ask questions without starting new emails or having an agent auto close a question ticket before all the questions are completed is being A+ customer service.
ConsOnly nitpicking things really. We run strictly OS machines, so there are a few features we cannot use because they seem to only work on Windows browsers. Diary notes are great, but hard to edit/can't edit. Not a big deal, but never the less, our fat fingers can sometimes make us look unprofessional without the ability to edit before we email. Switching between phone and tablet on the job. This seems to be hard for the program to do. If we check in on a phone from travel, we must check out on that same phone, we can't check out on the tablet where we ultimately do most of the work with SM8. Sometimes we don't remember to check in and out and do all the work on the tablet and not switch to the phone and we have to redo some work because of it. Instructions. 95% of all your instructions are spot on, but some we had to ask for help even after reading them a few times. Nothing big because customer service was wonderful.
Recommendations to other buyersIts 1:04 am, my brain is done. Ill try to think of things as we use this program.
March 20, 2017
Dan B.
August 11, 2016

“ServiceM8 - The best little piece of software ever.”

OverallAfter decades of experience implementing various business information systems, I have never before had such pleasure working with such a fine product. ServiceM8 is not only exceptionally easy to use, the depth of functionality if mind boggling. The team at ServiceM8 have re-defined job costing and the ability to monitor job profitability. The average trades person is able to instantly review how job profitability is tracking without obtaining a degree in Accounting, nor spend hours late into the evening crunching numbers. As a Certified Public Accountant, I feel "Job Profitability" as calculated by ServiceM8 is more accurate than most small business accounting systems and definitely completely understandable by the average trades person. Only a bean counter would talk about job costing first ! Job Documentation is easy, accessible, and comprehensive. Every important aspect of a job is literally instantly captured, organised on that specific job, under a client/site code and stored in the cloud for immediate, forever access by your office team, co-workers, or yourself when you need to recall it years from now. Documentation 'happens' with a few simple clicks on your iPhone - even while you're on the tools. How would a bean counter know - because I spend as much time on my tools as on the keyboard - just ask me about my Festools ! As a real life example - ServiceM8 job documentation was presented to an enormous international product supplier after my claim of product failure while the company claimed user fault. That product has now been removed from the market - worldwide and that company is providing complete support following their failure. What is job documentation - photos, notes, check lists, forms, documents, tracking/co-ordination of sub-contractors and virtually anything you can upload. Quoting and invoicing a job is easier, better, and faster than any accounting system we've reviewed. We're not suggesting the elimination of the accounting system - it's still a necessary team member - just front end the accounting system with seamless - almost magical direct integration. And of course scheduling click click, drag - drop .... need I say more?
ProsJob Documentation. Efficiently created - conveniently organised - instantly accessible now and forever. The ServiceM8 "job" can house virtually everything which should be stored away about a job - The documentation can and should include everything from inception to completion - and everything in between. The owner of one of our clients commented "If you were here yesterday - you would have saved me $5,000". Had a simple photo of the site been stored against the job BEFORE starting work, his team could not have been blamed for pre-existing damage. During the job, plans, quotes, drawings, product information, permits, health and safety forms can all be just a click away for reference. Communications with the customer - all recorded on the job - No more "I didn't receive that" ...... well someone opened the email at a documented time and date .... who might that have been ? Job Completion - nothing better than a photo - stored away safely in the ServiceM8 cloud. Most trades rely upon sub-contractor. Get a quote, send task lists, required contracts/documents by the sub-contractor - All via your ServiceM8 account with or without you sub contractor using a ServiceM8 account. All of the sub-contracted work is documented within the job.
ConsPurchase Orders. We need the ability to accommodate the trades person who calls into the trade shop on the way to a job site for necessary job materials. I'd like to see the ability to snap a photo of the purchase order, store the transaction against the job, capture transaction details via OCR, post the transactions to the job, and pass the pending transaction to the integrated accounting system. This is not necessarily a 'con' - it something additional that I feel should be there to expand the functionality - Wish list stuff - With a development team like the crew at ServiceM8 - there is absolutely no doubt in my mind they'll deliver - more than likely something even better than my concept.
Recommendations to other buyersI'll share the most common comment I hear when demonstrating the product: "Wow !" The GPS tracking, mapping of jobs and staff, advance SMS messaging advising customers of your arrival time ...... all draw nothing more the wow and more wow. I like to save the best for last ...... 20 jobs free every month and 50 cents per job after that ..... Wow changes to 'no way - how can they do that'. I have no idea either but if your business has a need to monitor jobs - you won't find a better product.
Phil N.
August 11, 2016

“Great software for the service Industry”

OverallI do save a lot of time since i started using ServiceM8 and generally are getting paid faster. One client said the other day when i had finished, great work send your invoice if you haven't already. I said on its not done yet but was by the time i drove away. Later that night i saw that the invoice had been paid. How good is that. With all that being said, like every peace of software out in the market its not perfect and it wont suite everyone but with the way this company has it structured it can cost you nothing to try it for months whereas most only give you 14 days. I reckon if your products good and suites the user it will sell its self and you don't need to force someone into a contract when they may not be ready. Integration with MYOB my current account program is great as it updates my inventory and sales and customer areas so i don't have to do any adjustment. Using bank feeds in MYOB you easily make the invoice as paid and the information is sent back to ServiceM8 tell it the job has been paid. If i add new inventory items in MYOB they appear in ServiceM8 ready to be booked out when the job is finished. ServiceM8 has engaged Strip as a payment gateway for credit card payments, I have only just started to use this feature, my first credit card customer the other day did it online when he received the invoice. The only thing wrong is there appears no way to add on the transaction fee. May need to tweak our charges if lots of customers start taking this method up. Good though as there is on monthly fees only the transaction fee so if its not used these no extra overhead. ServiceM8 has quite a few add-ons some free some for a small charge but very manageable. I'm about to work with their Forms as i am getting a fair amount of compliance reporting jobs now and see that my old paper forms don't cut it time wise. Support from ServiceM8 has always been great, submit a service ticket and the response is very quick compared to others that i can't mention. This is one piece of software I have no problem recommending to anyone in the service or small job area and some larger jobs too.
ProsThere are two great features that made me go with ServiceM8. 1/ As a sole operator (at the moment) the cost per month was fantastic as i was only paying for what jobs i could do in the month. Some other programs have a flat cost per month that covers x number of users, this is fine if you already have a fleet of vans on the road but can be a serious cash flow problem when your on your own. 2/ The ability to customize your invoices and quotes so they are how you like. I do a variety of small installation and service work and i track inventory, now in order to get the job total price i insert items into the invoice and use the free-form details area to wright what was done then when i produce the invoice for the client they see the worded details of what was done ant the total amount owing. Since using ServiceM8 for over a year now it has really changed the way i work with jobs. The fact that ServiceM8 keeps everything for a job with a job for every is going to be fantastic. Only yesterday i had a call from a company i did a quote for just over a year a go, i had marked this quote as unsuccessful, he gave me the quote number put it in the search box and up came the quote, revised the price and re-emailed all in less than 15 minutes. Much better than the old days.
ConsProbably the most cumbersome feature i have found but still use it. Partial invoicing allows me to do progress invoicing on the larger job that go for several months and i need to invoice the client at the end of each month. Another thing i wasn't happy with at the beginning was that the app only works on iPhone / iPad but once i bit the bullet and brought an iPad (everyone needs a toy) I soon found it totally worth it in lots of ways.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen i was reviewing the program i looked at lots of others and still get emails advising of their updates and while some of these have had lots of updates over the past year compared the ServiceM8 they still don't do the feature that sold me on ServiceM8. It would be good if ServiceM8 could bring out additional features more often as supporter are asking for lots of things and some of these would be very usefully especially to those with more staff.
Alex B.
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
August 11, 2016

“ServiceM8 is changing my business ”

OverallI have been looking for a job Managment program for 3 years we started a 30 day trial of another product and we were having trouble interfacing to myob the Suport was very poor and many limitations on the product. The video help is so easy and every thing I need is documented. I found servicem8 on some web searches I signed up for a free trial and enjoyed my experience bit had many questions. I received an email to attend a live demonstration in the apple shop and had a chance to ask questions I left the demonstration convicted that servicem8 was what I needed to get my company back on track. I call several cloud solution company I wanted to get up and running a soon as possible with least amount of work.I went with the one day install and set up I had done most of the basic stuff the implementer gave demotes toons and tanning and help with form development training. Within a week were all used the platform.
ProsI like the way it is cloud based with a local back up so even if use connection we can still keep operating our business. The ability to invoce quote in same platform record photo collect signatures there is not enough room to write the advantages of servicem8 over its rivals.
ConsI really want to track purchase orders on the system it currently dose not Suport I hope enough people ask for it and it becomes part of servicem8 platform.
Recommendations to other buyersWith auto check in and a geo fence to remind you when leaving a job to check out just make my life so easy. We have reduced the amount of paperwork we do in the office now staff are creating invoices and job nots photoes befor and after. I can put a photo on a job and year later can recall it foe earring you or to maxh installed product.
Andre M.
Integrator
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
August 14, 2016

“The Simplicity of ServiceM8”

OverallAs a partner with ServiceM8 we've had exciting times with assisting businesses take advantage of powerful features the application has to offer. From creating forms through to managing staff, assigning jobs and scheduling work. The company has really gone to a great extend to make the application as user friendly as possible. This enables users to easily understand their new process when we introduce the application in their business. The cost involved is also of benefit to the Company as it is based on the amount of jobs processed through ServiceM8. Thus if you're going through a quite period the application tailors your subscription cost to the amount of jobs processed. An extremely favorable option amongst Trades industries.
Pros- Being able to create forms directly from the mobile devices. - New diagram feature release also available on mobile devices. - Being able to save communication between customers and tradesman directly on a job. - Customized document templates. - Being able to send a quote directly via SMS - The ability to have all your Parts & Materials and Services available in the system to add onto a job. - The customized html code which allows Customers to make bookings directly from your website.
Cons- The application is not available on Android devices. This is often the main decider for Tradies as most often they opt for Android devices since it is more affordable.
Recommendations to other buyersContinue releasing features. Continue monitoring the market and finding our what your customers need. The company is really proactive on updates which is a great thing! The only advice I can give is for ServiceM8 to try and establish an integration between the big Trades Suppliers so Tradies can have real-time update on their parts directly from the system.
August 14, 2016
Patrick K.
August 11, 2016

“This product saved our Business from going crazy”

OverallI love ServiceM8. I am the owner of a Irrigation Installation and Maintenance Company that service a large number of diverse customers. As my company grew I discovered that small details were slipping through the cracks and we were not delivering the great service that we knew we could. This started us looking for a software product that fit the scale of our business was easy to use and intuitive. We tried 3 platforms that were recommended by friends and all had very high entry prices and were overkill for what we need and worst of all they did not link to our booking software. To say the least it was disappointing. We thought that maybe we were asking to much and that maybe we should settle but then a late night Google search of the "best service business software ever" led us to ServiceM8 and we have never looked back. With in 3 days all of our business was being run through ServiceM8 and at the end of that first week all customer and contact info was imported and set. Service M8 has made our life here at NWIC so much less crazy and so much more organized. Thank you so much for making this product!
ProsThe mapping features amazing. My ability to look over the large service area that we cover and see where jobs are is a great tool for us to improve our routes and become more efficient. This software links flawlessly into my Xero account and make bookkeeping a breeze.
ConsThere appears to be some double entry issues that I wish were improved. When I enter a persons address, name, number as a Job Contact it would be nice to be able to then click a box to have that info transfer to other areas like Billing Contact so I don't have to re enter the same info. (this may be possible already and I just have not learned how to do it)
Recommendations to other buyersIf you run a service business and you don't have a software product yet helping you schedule, book and bill your customers, you should try this product. You will not be disappointed.
Erik R.
Manager owner
August 11, 2016

“Amazing service software ”

OverallUm well I am in the pressure washing - gutter cleaning business and needed a software to keep track of customers, have 2 way sync with quick books online and easy scheduling. I tried literally probably 100 crms before I settled on service m8. It was a perfect balance of amazing features but a good cost
ProsiOS contact integration Qbo 2 way sync Stripe online payments Google? Auto fill for address! Schedule can export to google or Apple calendars Automated messages sent Ability to store files to customers Pay per job created Auto check into job and tells you when to leave to get there on time Also great integrations with mail chimp and other softwares So many good things yet not perfect
ConsI wish it had or could change the following: Better customer organization And ability to tag customers. Better check In check out feature because often I forget... The job contact/ billing contact is wonky. Seems like I enter a new job and it shows up as job contact but not billing. It's just confusing Better system to map customer routes and book jobs. You currently can see your customers in a map view but would be nice to be able to do something with it. Automated messages should automatically be able to go out after job completion to ask for reviews ect Be more consistent with how clients show up in list - sometimes it client will come up Last name, first name and sometimes first name last name. No ability to add mobile number from mobile app.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's mostly great just get those kinks worked out of the contact names, and really looking forward to organizing customers better in order to book them. Would like to maximize sales and touches from my client list as well as book routes the most efficiently. But amazing job overall.
Anita L.
August 10, 2016

“Great product, so clever yet so simple”

OverallI love this product - I tell everyone about it because it transformed my business and allowed it to expand! It is so unassuming that it quietly achieves everything you could possibly want at the fraction of the cost of its competitors ( who quite often only do some of what Sm8 can do) without big noise or complicated programming- just effortless and seamless practicality- as you may be able to tell I am a huge fan - I love a great product and Servicem8 is one of them.
ProsBest feature is the mobile app - we can run our business from our phone on the road - the app is far better than its competitors and means we only need one device on the road - which is way better for our employees who find it tricky and impractical to juggle a phone and a tablet or laptop
ConsHmm..only thing I wish it could do was run projects as well that way it would could do everything in our business - progress claims, variations etc. it can do partial invoicing which we find works a treat as a progress claim but for more complicated project based work it may be too simple - but do the trial so you can find out. As this product is not targeted at project building jobs this is more of a dream request than a ' con'.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you have a maintenance business I always recommend this software first - I know numerous business who have ditched other systems due to frustration and disappointment and are now,like me, Servicem8 evangelists:-)

By ServiceM8 on August 27, 2016
Thanks Anita, really happy to hear to that you love ServiceM8. Project management support isn't on any near horizon but we may improve support for it in the future.
Ian A.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“ServiceM8 is Gold”

OverallWe have been using ServiceM8 for a couple of years, we find the intergrated system very useful and time saving, the ability to communicate with our clients on multiply uses within ServiceM8 has meant speedy outcomes and happy clients. The database means we can easily check client history and be proactive to repeat business engagement. The instantaneous connection to staff schedules via the mobile app means less chance of client error occuring. The pay as you go means there is minimal wastage on features that may not be relevant to our requirements.
Proswith little training staff easily use and adapt to ServiceM8; the ability to check on staff locations; ability to submit a quote quickly has impressed clients.
Conslimited ability to have common quote templates; difficulty in quick history checks on job numbers needing to enter multiple job cards to find the right one ( need the ability to add a discriptor). this also applies to multiple quotes on a job card ( require to send multiple emails to differentiate between quotes using the "Subject" line) Is only available on IOS platform.
Recommendations to other buyershaving a optional "Hover" tutorial for new users or new features could be useful to optimize good outcomes. Also a greater tutorial on creating and downloading forms, as compliance requirements become more essential to business reporting.
Ashley C.
Managing Director
August 10, 2016

“Servicem8 has streamlined our business immensely”

OverallWe are a service business and have found quoting through to invoicing is sooo much easier with Servicem8.
Pros- Easy to use and the search function (when working well). Also the ability to accept CC payments via stripe and push invoice details through to Xero. - Pricepoint is good and encourages businesses to utilize more areas.
Cons- Lack of training videos. - Also difficult to work out how to update out job card for other 3rd party contacts. - Converting an email to a job seems to have changed for the worse and is much more difficult now! - It would be great to be able to oncharge a the service fee for Credit cards in the invoicing template, e.g. if the cc link is used you can set an automatic percentage amount to be added on. ie 1% or a set $ amount.
Recommendations to other buyers- I would like to see some features such as attaching reports from cloud based software like Google drive. - It would also me great to be able to set appointments in the calender for management as opposed to having to create a 'job' which we won't, but I think it would add some benefits to be able to add an appointment time ie: "Office manager has sales appointment at 2:00 pm in Perth" very simple. - Is it possible to add attachments on the app? This would be fantastic. For example, we utilise a app called PDF expert and we save it to Google drive on the Ipad, it would be fantastic for our inspectors to be able to load that straight up to Servicem8 from the Google drive or PDF expert app. - My bookkeeper is also having to spend alot of time working out what part of the Stripe fee is GST related and a easy per job breakdown might be good? I can't think of anything else at the moment but another survey in 4-6 months would be great!
Klaus M.
Administrator
1-10 employees
August 11, 2016

“Essential to the efficient running of our business”

OverallServiceM8 is a wonderful product and plays an essential role in the running of our business. My boss uses the app on his iPad and iPhone to undertake the work whilst I am in the office using the ServiceM8 website to control his jobs and send out invoices. There is no more duplication as everything is recorded in ServiceM8 and, once completed, jobs are automatically added to our accounting package. There have been great efficiency gains since we moved over to ServiceM8.
ProsToo many to mention including ease of use in all aspects from booking work to sending invoices, storage of information, communication between workers and admin staff, can work anywhere where an internet connection is available, system availability (I don't remember a single outage in the 4.5 years we've been using it) and, of equal importance , support from the ServiceM8 support team who have always been quick to respond.
ConsNot much, only that suggestions for change require votes from other users to lift the suggestion's priority before it is implemented. I have made some very useful suggestions to improve the product and frustrated as there is no support from other users but I suspect they are all too busy to look at them and therefore no change.
Recommendations to other buyersSee cons.
Paul A.
March 18, 2017

“Service M8, my hero!”

OverallHelp me! Service M8 is my only hope! I am a large, robust, and intimidating man, so I am told. However, when it comes to Field Service Software, I am very much the quintessential damsel in distress. I have tried Fleetmatics, Mhelpdesk, Servicebridge, FieldProMax, FSM by Corrigo, and a few others with no success, with nothing to show for it, but less hair on my head and elevated cortisol and blood pressure! Service M8 has been a godsend for a tiny company such as mine. The software has yet to have any hiccups, and while it doesn't have every single, nit-picky, feature I would like, it does have all the features I need for pennies on the dollar compared to the others. Something also has to be said about the support from SM8! I am more and more impressed with the level of support provided by Service M8. Whenever I get stuck on something, a simple five minute chat online at anytime of any day results in a solved issue! They have yet to fail to point me in the right direction, or flat out resolve my issue in no time at all. 24/7 click help and at the bottom of the help center screen there is a chat window that is always manned by a courteous and knowledgeable rep, ready to go, and they get you answers! I liked the software so much, that I, being an avid Android user that has never been of fan of iOS and Apple, made the switch to iOS because Service M8 is strictly available on iOS for the mobile portion, and I have never made a better decision! It just works! No headaches, no crazy glitches, no blood, no sweat, no tears, except tears of joy as I complete by service calls, invoice my customers, and get paid! Obi-Wan-Kenobi should take lessons from Service M8! If you enjoyed my review, click on this link to check them out. Service M8 gives credit for referrals, and it would help me out a bit, but don't let it influence your decision because the credits is not the reason I did the review. I did the review because Service M8 deserves a great big pat on the back, and I believe in given credit where credit is due!!!
ProsIt works! It is simple and easy to use. The support is super stellar!!
ConsiOS only, no equipment tracking.
Recommendations to other buyersGo get it! Get it right now! You won't regret it!
March 18, 2017
Joanne G.

“Great Service Software”

OverallWe have been looking for a software that would link to Xero that would help cover our quoting, invoicing and our job bookings. We came across several, but went with Service M8 as it gave us most things that we need and we loved their costing set up.
ProsThe cost is per job and not per month/per user. As a small start up company this was a great way to keep our costs low, but still be able to function with several users. I love the custom templates which allows us to create our own paperwork. The form function is a great ad on which allows us to comply with Health and Safety requirements especially when we are dealing with larger companies on a sub-contract basis. The job components such as text message, tracking, photo tags are the things that set us apart from our competition. Our customers think we are wonderful. The new job cost module is a giant improvement and something we like to use.
ConsIt doesn't capture costs from supplier bills or purchase order, we have to do this through xero. Also inventory/stock is very basic. I have to do this through another program. Doesn't allow for booking of hours for quotations visit without affecting the job costing.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try, it is head and shoulders above many of it's competitors and the pricing structure is brilliant, especially for small businesses or those just starting up.
Amy S.
August 11, 2016

“Great program, easy to use and a helpful support team”

OverallThe program is great, and relatively easy to use, when I couldn't figure out something or asked if the program is able to do a particular thing, support is always willing to help. Answers are not always within the hour or a few hours but that is understandable. I just wished that I switched from reckon to MYOB at the same time I started servicem8 as the duplicate materials and customers were a huge pain. But I have no doubt that it would have gone smoothly if it was all set up at the same time, as it is running fine now that I have sorted the duplicates and understood more about how servicem8 syncs with MYOB.
Prosthat I can work on this for almost everything (except purchase orders) then when the invoice is sent, its over to myob to receipt everything. Also the job costing charged per job is great, however some months we could have lots of small jobs which add up to be an expensive month and other months there are a lots of larger jobs so it evens out over the period.
Consit doesn't do purchase orders yet! also some little issues about how it syncs with myob eg, I can't receipt payment in servicem8 then send to myob and be automatically ticked off in the bank feed in myob, if i didn't have the bank feed in myob it would be fine. I have now decided to sent it to myob for all receipting of payments, and it comes back to servicem8 and is noted as paid when it does get paid anyway.
Recommendations to other buyersjust sync with your accounting software at the same time to avoid double ups of items and customers that are already entered into servicem8 as they will come across from myob if you have that set up already!
Stuart G.
General Manager
August 10, 2016

“ServiceM8 evolutionised our filed services business processes”

OverallWere we a small business stuck in paper-based processes full of duplication and inefficiency. We explore so many options but found we couldn't afford most of the offerings available and found they didn't match our needs. We had considered expensive customised systems but found they too were stuck in the 19th century way of doing things. We needed a simple, cost effective cloud system to revolutionise our business. We found that in ServiceM8. We now say "How did we get by without ServiceM8?" ServiceM8 has literally revolutionised our business without upfront capital investment, and absent were the huge ongoing expenses of other comparable offerings. We had no need for extensive training because ServiceM8 is so intuitive. We are far more efficient and effective, our access to job records is immediate and available anywhere, to all staff, yet our data is safe and secure. We also make use of external contractors and ServiceM8 even ensures they are managed well. Best of all ServiceM8's pricing structure guarantees significant ROI without doubt.
ProsSimple, easy and effective. Plus the price - perfect for us!
ConsNo system can suit all customer preferences, so there are a few things we would change, but otherwise ServiceM8 is terrific and can't be faulted.
Recommendations to other buyersHighly recommended if it suits your systems and processes.
David Y.
August 10, 2016

“ServiceM8 is very good we have used it for years and have recomended it to other trades”

OverallServiceM8 is very good we have used it for years and have recomended it to other trades. We were using paper and phone calls for job dispatch before we started using servicem8. We understood business and new how to run efficiently so we were only prepared to choose a system that enhanced our ability and not overcomplicate matters. We chose it over several other field service software providers, and we havent looked back.
Prosit is very easy to use, it is extreamly cost effective. It is powerful. it is easy to make it work the way that suits your individual needs. Field staff use it instinctivly with very little training generally half an hour and in some cases staff just start using it with almost no training and just the odd question now and then. Our customers are impressed with how professional a tradesman in the field can be using serviceM8 on the iphone, especially when they get emailed the invoice while we are still on site.
Consthere is no specific parts of servicem8 that we dont like.
Recommendations to other buyersthe ability to use the API is a huge plus.
Robert M.
Sole-Trader
June 13, 2016

“Great software for small trades businesses”

OverallServiceM8 has been an integral part of my small electrical business for quite some time now. It is easy to use, requires minimal staff training, and is very flexible when combined with available add-ins such as Forms. I am a sole trader and sm8 has enabled me to reduce my office time from approx 10hrs per week to 2hrs per week. This has been achieved by invoicing clients directly from on site and using the forms add-in to go 100% paperless (except for incoming invoices etc.) I would recommend any business owner who is not using similar software to give it a go and im sure after the setup phase you will be impressed.
ProsForms add-on. Ability to access job history from anywhere anytime.
ConsInability to use purchase orders.
Recommendations to other buyersCustom reports is a MUST. I have been caught out by the 'Revenue by month' report. I do not use any accounting software and do my accounting myself via spreadsheet. I had been using the report for 18 months unaware that it was setup for GST reporting in the accrual method. ie the report includes jobs that are approved but not paid. I am setup for reporting on a CASH basis so this is useless to me. As a result I have had to resubmit 18 months worth of GST reports to the ATO. The current result of the report is also a problem if you have bad debts. Those jobs have to be 'unapproved' to fix the figures.
June 13, 2016
Ben v.
August 17, 2016

“I kinda like ServiceM8 a whole lot.”

OverallI was on another platform that felt like it was built on matchsticks. Every time there was a update something else would collapse. ServiceM8 seems to have a solid base as I use to hold my breath when an update would come up but it just got better hassle free.
ProsEasy of use and it kinda makes sense to us Tradies. New employees seem to pick it up very easily and they like using it. Adding multiple photos is SO easy. The sync with Xero is great also.
ConsThat you can't update Clients email addresses in the job so you need to edit it and save it in the Clients profile. But i'm sure they will be updating that soon.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't wait until you start employing staff. If you are a one man show tradesman you should start using ServiceM8 ASAP. The sooner you start, the sooner you can start collecting notes, photos and attach them to the jobs. I'll give you an example. I'm a plumber and did a Laundry renovation. A year later the owners called because they wanted to install some over head cupboards. They called to ask if I could remember where the water pipes where located? I couldn't remember but I had added a photo onto the job of the rough in. I emailed them the photo. That day I was their hero. You can't buy that sort of good will.
August 17, 2016
Mark C.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 10, 2016

“Brilliant software to manage jobs and staff for any service based business.”

OverallServiceM8 has been the single best system we have ever implemented in our business. It allows us to manage our jobs and staff far more productively, and ensure that no job is ever missed. Since implementing ServiceM8, our productivity has doubled, so that we are now twice as profitable with the same number of staff. We could not possibly consider what business life would be like without ServiceM8.
ProsThe system gives us full visibility of all our jobs and how they are progressing. It provides our staff with instant access to the information they require to complete their work in a professional and timely fashion, and allows them to instantly invoice clients for completed work (and even take immediate payments), which dramatically improves our cashflow.
ConsCan't think of any cons.
Recommendations to other buyersI feel that ServiceM8 has the ability to completely transform any service based business by delivering massive productivity and efficiency gains, over traditional ways of managing jobs.

Thanks Mark!
Julio E M.
Partner
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
May 4, 2019

“Best Service Managing software I have used!”

OverallEase to schedule, invoice, quotes and payments.
ProsIt is a very well rounded software. Every year they add new features at no cost that improve the interaction with it.
ConsWish they mad a version for Android. Most of my team uses Android and we have to provide them with an Apple device in order to use the software.
May 4, 2019
Paul T.
Proprietor - Building/Property Maintenance

“ServiceM8 Critique”

OverallIntroduced to ServiceM8 by a fellow contractor about 2 years ago. Once we understood how it worked, we have never looked back. Changed for the better the way we used to issue quotes and invoices
ProsConvenience of being able to issue quotes and invoices immediately when on site Time saving as no longer have to spend hours after work writing up invoices and quotes Great job scheduling/dispatch and reminders Relatively easy to use even for a tech dunderhead like me Good monthly analysis tools Very reasonable and fair pricing schedule based on user pays principles Fantastic "Help" people on the other end of the phone when needed
ConsHaving to pass on credit card fees is a negative for many customers but we realise this is most likely not a ServiceM8 charge but greedy banks screwing all of us all the time
Recommendations to other buyersAll good...we have recommended ServiceM8 to a few fellow contractors....unsure of take up rate though
Sean M.
Business owner
Consumer Services, Self-employed
June 7, 2018

“Very easy to use job management software. Easy to pick up on the fly and get new staff up to speed.”

OverallThe ability to streamline a small business with this software ensure that small business that implement Servicem8 will see an uptick in productivity and also regain time they previously spent on managing their business using paper/older systems.
ProsIt provides small/medium size business an affordable job management solution. The software is constantly evolving and new features are being added and expanded upon. For people who are after an easy to use quoting, invoicing and job management software, it's hard to look past Servicem8.
ConsSome of the features such as badges are a bit basic and feel like they could be fleshed out more. I've no doubt this will happen over time though. iOS only for the phone apps leaves the android market out in the cold. Would love to see the software expand onto the android platform as well.
June 7, 2018
Andrew ` P.
August 21, 2016

“service m8 review”

Overalloverall the system has improved our job visibility and implementation has been a success. I feel the developers are too focused on adding new features rather then improving the existing ones. There are numerous, well lets say quirks to the software that are not being dealt with.
Prosthis software has allowed us to add photos ect to our invoice for our client. It has also allowed us to keep a time/date record of job completion times to assist with any client enquiries. syncs invoicing with accounting software eg MYOB, ZERO
ConsOnline support is time consuming. Annoying quirks in the software detract from its usability and time saving features. Reporting Is absolutely rubbish needs massive improvement no way to track simple data like quote conversion rates ect. More focus is needed on improving the current software rather then adding new features.
Recommendations to other buyersThis software has the potential to be a great product if the programming team stopped and looked at whats existing and how to make that work better. More suited to small business who might not want in depth optics into business performance.
August 21, 2016
Rob H.
Working Director
January 31, 2018

“With so many customers ServiceM8 ensures my company is always professional and technology superior.”

ProsWhen customers call me I can answer them by name. This is such a powerful tool and it builds customer loyalty through the roof, as they are just amazed that I remember them. Customers miss this personal contact that other companies fail so bad on. Taking credit card payment on your phone is a close 2nd but IOS contact hits the home run.
ConsCan't create short cuts. I have a lot of repeat business and wish I could just click one button to create a new job that replicates everything from the old job. I could then adjust pricing and book it in for the next service. At the moment there are too many key strokes and you need to be careful not to forget anything. Please look into this as I'm sure I can't be the only one out there who would love this to happen.
January 31, 2018
Hamlet J.
Director of Business Development
February 10, 2017

“Best CRM for Startup Companies”

OverallWhen we started our company back in 2014, I researched for a CRM for a span of 4 months. I was looking and searching almost daily, for hours at a time. Tested a lot of the CRMs, and by far, ServiceM8 was the top choice. ServiceM8 is great out of the box, but has many useful add-ons that are both useful and easy to add. The cost is very economical, especially in those first few months/years when you don't have that much biz coming in. You get charge only 50 cents per job, but the first 20 jobs are free! This is amazing for a startup. The GUI is very user friendly, slick, modern, and it works. They have an iPhone and an iPad app. They allow for a lot of customization. They have so many features that I suggest you simply go to their website to take a look. We're staying with this company long term and are so happy that we found them.
Proseasy, modern, ios app, functional, so much more.
Consfor non ios users, they won't be able to use the app.
Recommendations to other buyersvery cost effective
February 10, 2017
Paul J.
Owner/Director
1-10 employees

“Great Mate”

OverallI've been using SM8 for 12 months now and it has escalated our job organisation and customer impression significantly.
ProsEasy to Use. Affordably scalable. Cloud based, mobile and desktop friendly. Networkable. Helps us keep great communication between field workers and customers in a way that puts us in a class above the rest. Live tracking of field workers for both head office and customers. Integrated 'Request a Quote' web button on our site that converts all the web-request form info into a SM8 job in an instant. Support is fast, personal and determined to find or create solutions.
ConsFeatures I find myself wishing for: customisable fields for added data collection on jobs (e.g. a way of recording and reporting marketing information. We always ask, "Where did you find us?" but there's nowhere in SM* to record that information in a way that I can print a report at the end of each month to show where our advertising is working.)
Recommendations to other buyersDon't wait.
Shem M.
August 11, 2016

“Amazing App! A must have for any service delivery business!”

OverallThis system entirely runs my business from start to finish and makes life very easy. Amazing app, features and great tech support. Have recommended it to many and will continue to do so.,.
ProsFeatures are best in market - the servicem8 team are flexible with feedback and implementing ideas from users. If ideas get enough votes / popularity then they get attention and often implemented. Creating a fantastic feeling of inclusion in the app and ability to have an affect on the app you use.
ConsNo video support in app and also diagram drawing on iPhone should be available. No support for non iPhone users with android app.
Recommendations to other buyersNow that this app is so well established, implementing an android app would be a great idea as my staff/contractors often don't have iPhones. This causes continuity issues between staff with app and those without.
Jade H.
Partner
Accounting, 1-10 employees
August 10, 2016

“Free time for serviced based industries”

OverallAfter being a ServiceM8 user and loving the efficiencies a plumbing based business gained we became a partner so we could spread the word and help other businesses. There is nothing better than seeing the relief on a business owners face and their demeanor change when they realize they can run a business without having to spend all night doing the invoicing. By streamlining their workflow and enabling them to invoice on the job - as well as collect payment from customers on the spot it reduces a lot of the daily stress of running a small business.
ProsEase of use, workflow automation, price, new functionality always being released.
ConsReporting is a little light on but improvements are coming soon.
Recommendations to other buyersConnect with a partner and get them to help you with the integration. By selecting the right partner they will help you integrate (and improve) your current workflow and assist with other ways you can build your business.
Trinidad G.
August 11, 2016

“Fantastic invoicing software. ”

OverallThis has helped with my small business looking big and professional organized. Very helpful with recording of pictures, gps navigation, auto times tracking, note recording , check list and many more helpful tips to organize files.
ProsVery helpful with recording of pictures, gps navigation, auto times tracking, note recording , check list and many more helpful tips to organize files.
ConsWill love to see electronic signature on email response for authorization of work contracted. Also love to see additional authorization signature for unforeseen change orders or additional work authorization.
Recommendations to other buyersWill love to see electronic signature on email response for authorization of work contracted. Also love to see additional authorization electronic signature for unforeseen change orders or additional work authorization emailed.
Tim B.
Manager/Locksmith
August 11, 2016

“Nothings as Gr8 as ServiceM8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

OverallCash flow was shot, jobs were getting misplaced on bits of paper, and we never knew for sure if and when jobs were being completed and then billed out correctly, and in a timely manner!
ProsFlexibility of being able to have multiple level logins. Great real time messaging and being able to check photo's to help with tech supporting on road staff! The ability to bill then and there and have your whole pricelist at the touch of your fingertips!
ConsIt would be great if you could tell if the staff member was checked into a job, by the job changing colour or have some sort of symbol on it to say it was being actioned.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the great work as this software has come along leaps and bounds in the last 3 years we have been using it!!! Wouldn't be with out it now!!!
August 2, 2018

“Small Service Business Gold”

OverallI have ServiceM8 open right now, and do most days. This is simply the best deal for the money. Period.
ProsI've tried multiple platforms for my small handyman/remodeling company. ServiceM8 is by far the best value for the money. Easy to use, Easy to setup and it integrates with QuickBooks. I use it every day and could not imagine keeping up with clients, contractors and jobs without it.
ConsOnly con -- it only works on Mac/IOs platforms. I completely understand why they've made this decision, but it is limiting. It's also feature-lite, if you need something beefy this may not be for you, but for a small business that only needs the basics, it's without equal.
August 2, 2018
Dan F.
MD
August 19, 2016

“Easy job management software”

OverallWe were looking for a way to ensure that info about a new enquiry was safely logged, ServiceM8 does this and allows anyone on the team to add more details, log time spent on jobs and so on. We are now much less likely to miss out invoicing opportunities for "when you're passing" or "can you just" type jobs that really should be charged for.
ProsIt provides a central record for everyone on the team, so if in doubt, stick it with the job (or client) record then nothing gets lost. It's cloud based, so no more server worries. It integrates with Xero. The support team are fast to respond and helpful.
ConsTrying to make our own forms :( No standard mark-up available for quoting Quoting system doesn't really work for us
Recommendations to other buyersSet it up with Xero from day one
August 19, 2016
Timothy S.
December 12, 2017

“I love this product. I am a daily user and use it for all of my online invoicing for my business. ”

OverallA real time-saver and great for monitoring all invoice statuses -
ProsMy favorite feature is the way you can send via email, a past due notice for your invoices and how easy it is to customize all email templates. Customize your quotes, estimates, invoices, past due invoices, and schedule the past due invoice notice date
ConsOnly that you can only schedule one follow-up past due invoice. I would like to send past due notices every 15, 30, 45 days and send demand for payment emails at 60 and 90 days and then a notice for collections notice at 112 days stating past due account goes into collection at 120 days - Then it is out of our hands -
December 12, 2017
Patty P.
Store manager
Retail, 1-10 employees

“Swimart Somerton Park”

OverallEasy to use, quoting and invoicing is made easy, keeping track of jobs and service technicians. The clocking in and out of jobs helps us for invoicing time on site and also deal with customer queries and complaints, we are able to log back into job and answer any onsite questions about time spent on site, photos help when we need to order parts etc. and notes about what was done on site. Fanstastic.
Prossms clients to let them know we are on out way, ease of communicating with our techs out on the field, invoicing straight to xero.
Consnot able to delete all the existing materials as a lot of it is wrong or doubled up. Would like to deleted all the data and reload again.
Recommendations to other buyersWould be great for the adding and deleting of materials was made easier.
Gavin G.
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees
August 11, 2016

“You run a service business and are not using service M8?? Ask yourself why!”

OverallI started running my business with spreadsheets that were time consuming slow and easily corrupted. I hunted for an App to work on my iphone and found service M8. I started using it and was immediately impressed. I had previously worked for a large organisation that implemented a so called "larger and better package" that didn't work half as good as service m8.
Prosease of use on web page and iOS. quote, convert complete and invoice in the palm of your hand. Reporting details, custom set-up and calander interaction.
ConsSearching within the app for current jobs. It could be the way I'm using it however when I search id like it to order in level of most recent.
Recommendations to other buyersDownload it and start using it!!
David H.
Company Director
August 10, 2016

“Excellent Value for Money”

OverallI was recommended this software but as I was using android base hardware it put me off so I tried a few other software program's without any success and a lot of money out of my pocket. I eventually tried Service M8 and adapted the IPads to my business and have not looked back. I can only say why did I not use this earlier. It now has streamed lined my business and we have formed a strong structure in moving forward and having the capabilities of growing to meet the our customers needs. This has become a great asset which is promoted through my Company's profile and commitment to my existing and future clients.
ProsThe ease of operation and live up to date information.
ConsNot being able to open up multiple jobs at once and also when a job is open it need to be bigger to see more of it on the screen
Recommendations to other buyersOnce you start using this software you start using more of features and improving your service and streamlining your processes
Will W.
11-50 employees
December 14, 2017

“The most versatile and customisable scheduling software”

OverallLove this software, and the help desk is very helpful. There is a great library of help information too.
ProsThe forms add in with the ability to create forms that generate PDFs that attach to individual jobs - perfect for SWMS / pre-start checklists and other compliance documents. Very fast and responsive. The app is great and invoicing is a lot more versatile than with other systems since you are able to set up templates for emails, SMSs, invoice/ payment claims, quotes - anything can be customised.
ConsSlightly clunky client input system, that allows only two contacts to be visible on any given job. It also inverts the name of clients rather than just storing it the way you entered it into the system. So John Smith will be stored as Smith, John. This is problematic with company names, but it's not a big deal in the end because you can go in and change it back, it's just a little inconvenient.
December 14, 2017
Aaron O.
Managing Director
February 27, 2017

“I'm blown away by how simple Servicem8 makes it to run a small business”

OverallI've been using Servicem8 for several years now for my small painting company. By far the most beneficial part is using Servicem8 quote templates, by doing so I've reduced quoting times down from 30+ minutes to only 3 or 4. Invoicing times are way down too. The ability to add a "request a quote" link to my Facebook page and website is amazing and simple. I am now starting a referral program and its been bugging me as to how I was going to track where new clients came from, but sure enough Servicem8 have this all covered. None of this would've been possible if it wasn't for the continuos help from the Customer Support team. Now that I'm using Servicm8 for my company I feel the only thing stopping my business from becoming a much bigger business is me.
February 27, 2017
Jared F.

“Clean, intuitive software”

OverallThe best service software we could find. Easily has the best interface on mobile devices, with well laid out and clean menus.
ProsThis software has no contract like some, so it was very easy for us to try it out for several weeks with literally no money required.
ConsIt does not integrate with QB Desktop, and so far we have not found online accounting software to meet our needs. So for the time being we double enter much information. :(
Recommendations to other buyersThe best part about ServiceM8, is they have plenty of information and screenshots online. Almost every other service software I looked at (around 20 products) had no actual images of their software. Their websites were pure marketing, with cheesy animated movies about how "your business is losing money from inefficiency, and you should buy our software to help!" All that marketing garbage, and hardly any information about how their app works, or looks during daily use. Then if you want to learn more you have to schedule a Demo with one of their team members. ServiceM8 I found to be very welcoming, open, and with a great help staff.
Shayne K.
August 11, 2016

“Not sure how I managed the previous 8 years without Servicem8!!!”

OverallBefore serviceM8 I was running my business with quicken then MYOB which was good software, but with Servicem8 running along side MYOB I have seriously increased my business efficiency. No more double entries for clients information. From invoice to getting paid is so much quicker. Being able to add photographs against every job is so handy and easy to find later. The layout is super easy to use as well. I have even been able to track all inventory now which was just about impossible before.
ProsExcellent price! Excellent follow up to any queries I had. Never once had any issues connecting online. Great bit of software and essential to any onsite servicing business
ConsNow that I have been able to track my inventory I would like to see this show up when entering materials to an invoice and be able produce purchase orders as well.
Recommendations to other buyersTry and you wont regret it.
Stuart C.
August 10, 2016

“Excellent invoicing tool for small business.”

OverallAs a new small business starting up, I needed a simple to use, practical invoicing system capable to function for a field service plant mechanic. Searching the web I found Servicem8 & haven't looked back. Not knowing computers in & out, any issues that have presented themselves have quickly & informatively been rectified by the ever helpful support team.
Pros1.Ease of use while in the field working. 2. Support is excellent.
ConsOnly on my part not being computer efficient enough to use Servicem8 to its full potential.
Recommendations to other buyersEnjoyed attending Servicem8 at Apple Store Penrith NSW. Please keep doing this not only for new customers but exisiting customers who want to learn more about how Servicem8 can help their businesses like mine.
Graham R.
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees
August 10, 2016

“Awesome piece of software couldnt be happier”

OverallPricing structure is great very affordable. Help from customer support is always so easy to get for the times i have needed to re tweek templates and for when i need to find out the most efficent process to achieve my fesired outcome. I love the fact its aussie made as well i have reccomended it to multiple other small businesses too i espically like the ability to process card payments without all the ridiculous fees its certainly given me more options for my clients
ProsThe fact it has reduced so much actual paperwork especially as it integrates with myob Ability to take card payments and show me client history at my fingertips
ConsThere are still room for improvements like everything so probably the fact that there are a few items that could be made easier is my only con.
Recommendations to other buyersLove it well worth a good look to any service based business as far as i am concerned
Lucy B.
Administation
August 10, 2016

“Turned my business from an invoice mess to huge profits”

OverallWe've been using Servicem8 for a couple of years. Before this, invoices where paper or done as a collaborative effort between the tradies on the road and admin. Now the guys are at the job, take photos and invoice on the spot. Out arrears has fallen dramatically, our referrals have tripled and our accountability and customer satisfaction are unrivalled.
ProsThe fact that it is so simple to use. People with zero computer skills can log what work has been done, photograph it and create invoices.
ConsIt doesn't have an app for android.

By ServiceM8 on August 27, 2016
Thanks Lucy! Really great to hear that ServiceM8 is helping your business. We have some exciting stuff coming soon to help improve your customer communication even further!
Vivian P.
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2016

“Great online software program”

OverallAfter a long search for a service program we decided to try out ServiceM8. It integrates well with Xero accounting package. We have saved a huge amount of time using ServiceM8 on our mechanic's phones - rather than paper forms. OHS forms are easy to use. Scheduling is simple. We only pay for the jobs we use - so very economical.
ProsEase of use. Minimal training required for mechanics. Keeps great track of time spent, items used, and work done. Pictures can be saved on the jobs for future reference. Support team is very quick to reply to emails if we are ever unsure how to use something. Price is great compared with other software on the market.
ConsOnly supports Apple products. No purchasing through this program, so accurate job costing is a bit lacking.
Recommendations to other buyersOther than a bit of time to set up templates, there is no outlay required to get started. No contracts. If it doesn't work for you - just stop using it. We have been very happy we switched over to ServiceM8. It has gained us time and money.
Graham S.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees

“Terrific app”

OverallServiceM8 has helped us organise our work. We have become much better at organising our limited resources, our response times are shorter, our record keeping is better and we present a more professional image to our customers, suppliers and staff.
ProsThe dispatch board. Improved record keeping for clients and jobs. Staff scheduling and tracking. organising of work.
ConsNot being able to edit job times.

By ServiceM8 on August 27, 2016
Hi Graham, Thanks for your review! Good news, it's possible to edit job times as of the March 2016 release. Check out this help article for how - https://support.servicem8.com/hc/en-us/articles/208183176-How-to-Edit-Check-In-Data Cheers, Darren
Robert C.
Project and Technical Manager
Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

“Great Value”

OverallWe use ServiceM8 for quoting, job management and scheduling of technicians. When jobs are closed and invoiced in ServiceM8 the invoices are then passed to Xero for processing. The iOS application is very simple to use and we have customised sign in and sign out documentation to make sure steps are not missed and SWMS is covered.
ProsSimple to use and very cost effective.
ConsOccasionally jobs drop out of the schedule for no apparent reason, and a lack of ordering means we have to re-type the parts into Xero for ordering. As some of our projects are large this leaves room to miss items.
Recommendations to other buyersAccept the limitations and enjoy the product for what it is.
Miciah S.

“ServiceM8 Rocks!”

OverallAs a consultant, ServiceM8 made it easy to organize all of my projects, quickly draft up quotes, and know who still owes me money. Not to mention simplified my clients ability to pay me!
ProsI love how flexible the software is, and not super rigid to the point that it was really built for one industry. While it was built for your average plumber or electrician, it can be used by most any small business!
ConsNot really a whole lot not to like. There are a few feature requests I would have, like most software, but their user submissions page is a buzz with everything I could have wanted, with ServiceM8 representatives discussing roadmaps for the key requests.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't wait, try it! Free to sign up. 20 jobs free a month (unless you use them for add-ons). Free app. Reach out and speak with one of their ServiceM8 Certified Partners, it will make getting up and running go a whole lot smoother! Oh, and talk to a partner before signing up, they can probably get you an extra 50 jobs for free at signup!
Alan M.
August 12, 2016

“Servicem8 is the best by far”

OverallHave been using servicem8 for years and don't know how we managed without it. It is now an important integral part of our business.
ProsThe way it is so easy to adapt to our business needs. It is so easy to configure into the way we want to use in our daily tasks. Used everyday.
ConsTo be honest haven't had any problems that we haven't been able to overcome.
Recommendations to other buyersNot really. The only advice I would give is not to be scared to ask for help especially if you are trying to edit invoice templates etc as I have in the past been in touch with technical help and they have always been very helpful and quick to respond.