K-12 Online Ratings

Overall

About K-12 Online

K-12 Online streamlines student application, enrollment & registration with customized forms, tuition management and integrated online payments. System includes flexibility to create custom forms, reports and webstore items. Tuition management system allows schools more financial control while giving parents payment flexibility. Recommendation system allows schools to easily request recommendation. System can be used throughout the year so student info is always current. Learn more about K-12 Online

Robby N.
Senior Support Technician/Helpdesk Tech
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
December 6, 2016

“Great company, great software, just plain great.”

OverallOur district began the bid process and heard from four different vendors. K-12 Online was by far the best presentation we saw. They had gone to a great deal of trouble to customize our presentation to show us what they had to offer. That was the first sign of their dedication to their customers and it has been the same ever since. I'm glad that I was on the team that picked their software and if I had to do it all over again I would make the same call every time. K-12 Online has bent over backward to help us during the first year of online registration and there is no sign that the level of customer support we have received will change anytime soon. Take the leap with K-12 Online. I promise you'll be glad you did.
ProsAs a tech, I was able to find my way around with minimal training. They offered it but my job is the helpdesk tech for the entire district of 4500 employees so I am not always able to attend meetings and trainings. I was able to find answers I needed quickly and easily using K-12 Online's knowledge base and their excellent customer support.
ConsThe only con that I have is one that is going away with the summer release. For now, I'm going to say no real cons.
Recommendations to other buyersTrain your end users so they understand how to use the software and train it geared toward the least techy person you have. Communicate with all the stakeholders including the parents. K-12 will do everything they can to help, but nothing will help you if the people using the program aren't informed.
Mary K.
Network Administrator/Web Coordinator
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
April 10, 2018

“K12 Online is a modern application and easy to navigate through.”

OverallIt is definitely an advantage for parents to register their children online and pay for school items at the same time. It also eliminates a lot of paper in the school offices and makes pulling reports super convenient!
ProsThe software is easy to navigate. Working in sections seems to be most beneficial such as getting the forms ready, then the webstores and then customizing the portals.
ConsThe webstore items currently live in one long list. It would be nice if the items could be stored in possible folders according to schools or separate categories. I would also prefer if items could be ordered and moved around. Setting up the attributes to an item for sale is cumbersome and time consuming.
April 10, 2018
Amy H.
Parent/teacher
E-Learning, Self-employed
September 30, 2019

“Great Product, very time consuming”

OverallI did not go back to K-12 only because we were not able to do the field trips we had intended to participate in. All in all, the program is incredibly well done and thorough.
ProsThis educational program was very well done. It had speed back assignments that gave immediate reports on the assignments completed. We received all the technology we needed to communicate and perform the necessary work. There were engaging assignments. There were opportunities to meet the teacher in person and be part of virtual classrooms. It was a great way to integrate and educate my children while in a home setting.
ConsThis program was extremely rigorous. Missing a day can set you back and it's very difficult to catch back up. We wanted to try this program so we could do more field trips, but we were unable to fit much of anything in because of the demand to complete the many assignments.
September 30, 2019
Saul G.
Assistant Principal
October 14, 2010

“A revolutionary way to do back-to-school registration”

Overall It is time schools incorporated this new technology to make the start of school an enjoyable and efficient experience for all.
ProsJIREHinfosystems has revolutionized the way we do registration. Using this systems our school saves thousands of dollars in mailing, paper and printing costs. In addition, our clerks have saved countless hours in sorting, data retrieval, data entry, medical information, and verification of information. Even with the economy in a downturn, our fundraising numbers have increased. Most importantly, the registration process has been overwhelmingly popular with our parents, who no longer dread the registration packet of papers that they used to sift through, and spend hours filling out the same information over and over again. It is time schools incorporated this new technology to make the start of school an enjoyable and efficient experience for all.
ConsAutomatic integration with SIS not available yet.

By K-12 Online on January 28, 2011
Addressing you concern: Automatic integration with SIS does exist now! However, districts were not comfortable with complete automation so a proces had to be developed that would be agreeable to IT. Basically, it depends on your IT department how much automation is allowed. Our system will accept data and make updated data available to your SIS. Districts frown upon data being "pushed" into their system automatically. So, it is up to the district's IT dept. to program a script that will access our database. The updated data on our database will only be available when a data clerk at the school approves the updated student information and emergency contact data to be sent to the SIS.
October 14, 2010
Hannah L.
Bursar
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
February 27, 2018

“Excellent program!”

OverallA streamlined registration process that saves time and energy.
ProsHow easy it is to use as well as how easy it is to get help with the program when I need it. My client service representative always has an answer and I never have to wait long for his response. This program has saved me so much time and I cannot say enough good things about it.
ConsThere is no way to see whether emails were or were not received, however, when I brought this up, the developers were asked to look into creating something like that. That is why I love this program! They really try to make it as user friendly as possible.

By K-12 Online on February 28, 2018
So glad that your school is benefiting from K-12 Online. Thanks for your partnership and feedback. We are definitely looking into your suggestion and seeing whether this is possible. It is helpful in continuing to meet the needs of our clients so we can provide a service / product that makes your life and your parents' experience better.
February 27, 2018
ernesto h.
learning coach
Primary/Secondary Education, Self-employed
December 16, 2018

“parent of current k-12 user”

Prosmy child is at home comfortable and not being bullied or harassed
Consat times its slow to log on and do the actual school work and the help info is confusing
December 16, 2018
Bryan H.
Teacher
Education Management, 1-10 employees
October 14, 2019

“Childs Future”

OverallMy overall experience has been great. My child loves it.
ProsMy has benefited greatly from K-12 online. The opportunity for him to learn has his own pace has opened up so many avenues for him. He went from being a child who didn't want to go to college to a child who is who is looking to advance his education.
ConsI had I some issues with how to use it but once i figured it out things ran like clock work. I would recommend it to anyone.
October 14, 2019
Teri P.
Director of Tech
Education Management, 51-200 employees
December 16, 2016

“Hermosa Beach City School District”

OverallK-12 has been great for us for registration. The staff has been very helpful when needed. The only thing I wish we could change is that when entering a new student during the school year that the "entry date" would come into PowerSchool, not the "school entry date"
ProsEase of moving the registration over from one year to the next.
ConsCan't change dates. We are having a few issues with custom fields going in but it is something we need to do on our end.
Recommendations to other buyersSomeone else in a district will have to be trained and it would be great if there were more "Amanda" training's that they could attend.
Markell D.
Medical Claims Specialists
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
July 23, 2019

“Great for Homeschooling ”

ProsI am a user, as well as I have worked with a company who provided technical support for the product. Its user friendly and it is really just a great product overall.
ConsI wish it was incorporated for students who actually attend school, versus just being for homeschooling.
July 23, 2019
Esmeralda S.
51-200 employees

“K12 Online ”

OverallFor the most part, it's a pretty easy program to use once you figure out how to. They have made improvements to help the user learn certain components, but there are still areas improvement can be made.
Chris W.
Student/Manager
May 10, 2018

“Not top-shelf but definitely usable!”

OverallAwesome product and service!
ProsThe quickest way that we found to streamline the application process. It made life so much easier in the summer months and in the fall. Customer service was great to work with and the cost per year works for us.
ConsOverall, it was a great experience and a joy to work with. Customer service was great and we didn't have any issues with it.
May 10, 2018
Shalynn H.
Admin Asst
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
April 8, 2019

“Virtual K-12 classes”

ProsA lot of positives of K-12 Online. It offers additional programs that traditional schools might not offer. Students are able to access tools and material online, have live discussion, ask questions, participate in forums and chat rooms. I think most important, it allows students to work at their own pace and on their own schedule in a learning environment that is best suited for them.
ConsKids don't have the same face to face interactions with other people, however, this is not a reflection of the product itself. A virtual classroom is ideal for students in different situations and K-12 is a great alternative for students who need this type of arrangement.
April 8, 2019
Brenda K.
Parent/Teacher
E-Learning, 1001-5000 employees
July 18, 2019

“Home Education”

OverallMy experience was fair. It was not overly pleasant but it was not terrible. My main issue was the enrolling process. It could be minimized for time purposes. I think K-12 online is a great program but it needs to be a little more user friendly. It does however provide a great service that is affordable, flexible and consistent with educational standards.
ProsI liked the concept. I am currently using a similar program for home education. An online curriculum gives flexibility. It appears to be the direction education is going for the future.
ConsI found the sign-up process long and somewhat complicated. I felt like I was asked to do too much compared to similar programs available that offer the same service.
July 18, 2019
Sally H.

“Good experience so far”

OverallI'm an admissions director for a small private school. We are just rolling out this software to our parents so not sure how that will go, but we anticipate that things should go relatively smoothly. We have a had a great customer service rep who has been quick at answering questions and working with my schedule on training. The more I use the software the more familiar I am with it and see all the capabilities it has. Looking forward to rolling it out.
Scott B.
Principal
January 28, 2011

“K-12 Review”

OverallThe overall effect of the program is great however it seems to be in it's infancy stage and may frustrate some individuals.
ProsThe detail that can be pulled out from the program is outstanding. The importance of taking money collection out of the teacher's hands is crucial. The ease for parents is outstanding.
ConsThe set-up and implementation support needs to be more on-site. Steps for reports and other features is great for tech people but could be more user friendly.

By K-12 Online on January 28, 2011
Addressing your concerns: Set-up and implementation does not require on-site presence since this is an online program. Besides a revamped, more user-friendly "HELP" link for less technical people with step-by-step instructions including screenshots, we are now providing online webinars for instruction which we encourage ALL possible K-12 Online users to attend. This allows users to take full advantage of all the features available.
January 28, 2011
Shana W.
Office Coordinator
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 6, 2019

“Love this new way to register”

OverallMakes the registration process so easy
ProsPretty user friendly, document upload is efficient, can view most information about the school prior to registration. The email notifications and bring able to do most things via website before going to the school
ConsOnly con is that the portal takes you to a main webpage which can be frustrating when the school has multiple locations
September 6, 2019
Diane G.

“Second year better! ”

OverallThe second year of using K-12 has been better. Some improvements have been made. Still, would like to see more improvements between the 3rd party use. Overall, easy to develop reports. Parents seem to have little trouble with the application. Support contacts you within 24 hours.
Donna N.
January 27, 2017

“Great electronic student registration system”

OverallWe have been a customer of K12 Online for seven years and appreciate the ease of use and competitive pricing. This system has streamlined our data collection and I love the ability to create our own forms and reports.
Kerri H.
Administrative Assistant
February 10, 2011

“Jireh evaluation”

OverallJireh seems to have the programmers to increase the growth of specific requests of each schools specific needs.
ProsUser friendly software that was perfect for our needs.
ConsAfter download of information to District Office there didn't seem to be a way to update the information after that point.
February 10, 2011
arcade F.
February 14, 2017

“School Survey”

OverallThe survey was easy to use and seem to work very well. The questions seemed to process very quickly. The survey was a good the apprioate length and not to long
February 14, 2017
Lenora C.

“Tuition Manager”

OverallI was so excited to finally get online registration. I worked very closely with K-12 and they were very helpful. I did the re-enrollment and my co-worker did the new enrollment. The only challenge we had was trying to integrate K-12 into INOW. The previous registrar and I thought they merged a lot better than it did. Also the new registrar had to pick up where the old registrar left off and she did not like it at all especially when we it was time merge the two.
Michelle H.
911 Dispatcher
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
June 29, 2019

“K-12 online review”

OverallMy daughter home schools her son and we love this program.
ProsI really like this program. It is free and it offers a good curriculum for all grade levels.
ConsI can't think of anything that I don't like about it.
June 29, 2019
Stacy P.
Counselor
April 29, 2018

“Super easy enrollment. Quick, easy and painless!”

ProsI enjoy being able to enroll my student on-line. It saves time and it makes the information more accurate since I am the one putting it in!
ConsThere wasn't anything I had an issue with! Everything went smoothly and I had no hang ups when registering!
April 29, 2018
Robert G.
February 1, 2017

“Review from Big Hollow SD 38”

OverallFrom the parent end, the product has been pretty good in regards to the registration process. We have had difficulty with transferring data into our student management system. We would also like to see a better system for collection and tracking of revenue.
February 1, 2017
Joseph O.
Finance & Admin Assistant
April 30, 2018

“Very recommended to an institution that wants to streamline the registration and application process”

OverallThe efficiency with which parents can enroll their children, pay for their school fees and easily get reports any time is an experience everybody would enjoy
ProsThe accuracy of information can never be compromised since it allows the parent to feed in the information online and the process is also time saving
ConsThe ease of use of this software hardly leave anything to report as disadvantageous, the process is smooth and very efficient
April 30, 2018