Ganttic Ratings

Overall

About Ganttic

Ganttic is a resource planning and project portfolio management software which does equally great job for scheduling people, projects, facilities and equipment. You can create schedules simply by dragging and dropping tasks. Customizing Ganttic to your needs is easy thanks to it's flexible interface. The software is good for scheduling and reporting, tracking milestones and capacity utilization. You can sync Ganttic with Google Calendar and leave notes in the app to collaborate with your team. Learn more about Ganttic

Scott K.
Director of Operations

“Love Ganttic”

OverallAs someone who is in charge of 14 technicians working throughout the country, remote communication is critical to our success. Ganttic allows me to manage an ever-changing schedule while automatically communicating the details of projects with technicians in the field. It's easy to use and customer support has been good so far. The only recommendation I would give is to provide tutorials on setting up the sync function with Google Calendar as soon as you sign up for Ganttic. It was a little trial and error at first until I was able to get in touch with customer support. A few short tips allowed me to get synced with my employees' calendars. I recommend it.
ProsThe visual scheduling for my technicians in the field and managing an ever-changing (daily and sometimes hourly) schedule. As things change, I can see who's available.
ConsTraining or tutorials could be improved. I know there is a lot more functionality than what I use, but it isn't obvious where to find the training. Report functions could be improved. When I run reports, I have a hard time filtering the reports for only the information I desire. One function I wish they had is a daily summary of how many people and jobs are scheduled. Right now, I have a separate Gant chart in excel that I use to list projects and ID my personnel demand per day. This would be beneficial in forecasting employee utilization and growth demands.
Recommendations to other buyersImprove the training opportunities so that people know how to use all of the functionality you build into the software. I'm sure you spend a considerable amount of time and money to develop these functions. Educate your users so they are aware of the opportunities to better use this software solution.

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Scott! Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to tell you that we have worked with our helpdesk a lot and now we have tutorials with videos and text available in our homepage. In addition, we have added the charts option to reports that should also help you with the problems you had.
giuseppe m.
project manager
December 6, 2016

“A few thing missing, otherwise great tool”

OverallWe are a team of 3PM and 4Head of function using Ganttic every day to coordinate a team of 40 professionals working on about 20 projects. The software allows us to forecast resource usage on a 3 to 6 months time span. While the information it provides is valuable, Ganttic still lacks some automation and better reporting tools. It also could use some usability tricks to make data entry faster. For example: - it is not possible to group one or more tasks of one of more resources and move the group forward or back in the calendar. Moving resources one by one is time-consuming. - if you span a resource task on more than one week the software considers weekend as working time. At the very least it could ask if you want to consider the weekend as working time or not, Or the software could provide a general setting to avoid tasks being spanned over weekends. Going around this problem is time-consuming. - the software does not consider 9-18 (with one our break) workdays. This way, when creating a task that lasts one day, you'll have to manually pick 09.00 as starting time, 18 at closing time and then you have to tweak the effort percentage to show 8 hours of work. You'll understand this is time-consuming too. - The software shows resource overlaps but has not a general setting that allows the user to choice whether time overlaps are actually a good thing or a bad thing. In the second case, a warning could be thrown allowing different projects manager to solve the overlap. This would save time. - Reports have improved but are still quite difficult to read and tweak. - Ganttic lacks a form to allow users to declare how much time they spent on planned tasks, thus automating effort calculation and allowing for better/faster reporting of planned time against effective time. There may be other issues I am not aware of at the moment. Despite that, we still find the software useful and correctly priced.
ProsIt allows visualizing multiple projects and the interplay of resources on those multiple projects. It is useful up to 6 months of forecast, with some tweaks it could go further.
ConsUsability can be improved. Lots of inputs required to allow a faithful representation of the plan, rather time-consuming.
Recommendations to other buyersA good UX design could help, have you considered inviting users to test the software at your premises and record them completing some tasks? Have you considered eye tracking analysis?

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Giuseppe! Thank you again for finding your time for the feedback. Will try to answer the issues you had. 1) Are weekends considered a working time or not depends on your Ganttic settings. If they are not but they are shown in the Gantt charts, then these two days are not taken into consideration in calculations. 2) Similarly, from the settings you can set the working hours and you do not need to do it again manually. 3) We have improved reports a lot recently and have also added the charts option. I hope this helps and feel free to contact us at anytime.
Thomas D.
Field Service Supervisor
Mining & Metals, 1001-5000 employees

“Ganttic Review”

OverallI have been using Ganttic for a couple years now I think it is a great tool and I would never want to go without it. the web version of Ganttic I am really impressed with, the Ganttic app I really expected more. What the app does have is great I was expecting to be able to see the schedule for all of the guys as a whole instead of just seeing the individuals schedule that you click on also I was expecting to be able to make schedule changes on the app version as well. Maybe I am wrong and you can do all of this stuff I just got the app and haven't played with it much so I could be wrong here. Thank you.
Prosbeing able to schedule multiple people on the same job and also looking at an expanded view and seeing 1-2-3 weeks ahead
ConsI wish that when I have multiple resources on one task I could change 1 individual resources timeline and not affect the others. For example, I have 3 employees scheduled for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday on one job, when I need to change just one of those 3 employees to say work only Monday and Tuesday I have to delete that task from that resource and create a new one to show only the two days instead of the three.
Recommendations to other buyersimprove the app for the phones.

By Ganttic on October 16, 2018
Hi Thomas! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I just wanted to give you heads up that this is possible in Ganttic. For this you just need to use the checkmarks next to a resource. Does this work for you?
Todd S.
Operations Manager
Construction, 51-200 employees
December 6, 2016

“Quality scheduling app keeps our operations planning humming”

OverallAfter looking wide for a solution to scheduling our approximately 75 employees and almost 100 major pieces of equipment, Ganttic provided us exactly what we were looking for. At the beginning when we were getting set up, the support team reached out and Skyped with us, guiding us through adding our first resources and planning our first project. Since then we use the web app on a daily basis to update changes from the field and track upcoming operations for schedule conflicts. The easy drag-and-drop nature of re-scheduling allows us to quickly edit projects and have all the connected resources come along for the ride. Having multiple users with various permissions ensures system access to other employees but control of editing to just a handful of administrators. We love the report exporting features as well, to create weekly hand-outs for our scheduling meets.
ProsReal-time updates across logins - when one person makes a change it's immediately displayed on other computers without any apparent conflicts or synching delay.
ConsThe iPhone app doesn't provide the views that are useful for us - would be better if it more closely mirrored the website experience.
Recommendations to other buyersWe have recommended it to many other business groups that we work with and would love a referral code or discount system to encourage their sign-ups.

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Todd! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I am happy to tell you that we are making our web site step-by-step mobile responsible. We will keep you updated and I hope this will solve long-term the only issue you brought forth.
Internet, 51-200 employees
January 18, 2018

“We use Ganttic for project team resourcing.”

ProsGreat price. Great as a resource tool. Amazing customer service, we made a catastrophic mistake in our account and the highly responsive service rep was able to load a backup within a few hours. I would recommend this tool to friends and other companies.
ConsMy biggest frustrations are: 1) The inability to simply click & drag an allocated block of time to move it back and forth along the timeline or up and down between team members. 2) The inability to "split" blocks of time. Example: I assign a 4-day block of time to 1 resource. Then another resource becomes available and I want to move 2 of those hours to this new resource. I should be able to click on the block of 4, click "split" which would break the block up into 2 blocks of 2 hours, then I should be able to DRAG that 2hr block to the new resource. 3) The reports are extremely lacking. I either want the option of a basic .csv export of my allocations or I want a streamlined display of our ganttic data. Currently reports give me a ton of fields and rows that don't display well and cloud the actual data.

By Ganttic on October 15, 2018
Hi! Thank you for the valuable feedback. I will try to answer your questions. 1) Drag and drop is one of the strengths of Ganttic. Could you please elobarete what does not work? 2) For this we do not have a perfect solution that fits your needs. However, you could use the task copy function and then drag it till the right time period. Would that work for you? 3) We have the option to download the report as a CSV. Now we also added visual reports. All the data you have in Ganttic can be taken out via reports. What kind of information would you like to take out further?
Hans D.
Senior Director of Projects and Operations
Media Production, 11-50 employees
January 17, 2017

“Simple but efficient”

OverallMy task was to get a fast and clear overview on available staff and work that needs being done. SO I started to set up a resource called "Tasks not assigned" and then added all my people to the system. Now anyone can add a task and I can easily assign these tasks to available people, while at the same time being aware of availability of resources. My crew has "read-only" access, so they know exactly what is going on, where their colleagues are and what will happen in the coming weeks. This is NOT a project management tool, which I don't need, as I need to keep track of resources rather than projects!
ProsWeb-based, real-time update on changes, clear structure
ConsI had some issues with "all-day" tasks and local timezones. To overcome this, my PC is now set to the Timezone of the company's HQ. I would like a more flexible User model. If I have 1 resource more than the license allows, I need to buy the complete next package, which is over the top for me.

By Ganttic on January 17, 2017
Hi Hans! Thank you for the review! We are glad that Ganttic helps you to get an overview of your staff. You can actually choose a timezone you want to plan in, in the planner, too: http://ganttic.com/blog/new-feature-time-traveling-now-available-in-ganttic Hope that helps!
January 17, 2017
THOMAS K.
Software Engineer
November 19, 2018

“Great tool for project management and resource planning”

OverallOur planning and resource management is made easy with the adoption of Ganttic.
ProsGreat tool for visualized resource planning, project management and tracking of work hours. We are really interested to use this tool as it helped us gain more control over our resources and utilize them wisely. The time tracking UI and planing feature is a great tool for small and medium size companies where employee management is a crucial task.
ConsThe overall functionality set needs more improvement as it have some issues with the time tracking. It needs more QA before rolling into production.

By Ganttic on November 27, 2018
Hi Thomas! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. We are glad that you are seeing so many positive sides in using Ganttic. Thank you also the cons you brought forth. We agree the issues with time tracking - just in its conceptual sense Ganttic is not exactly meant for direct time tracking purposes. However, many of our clients use this for that and we are all the time improving this functionality. To continue, thank you also what you borught forth about QA. We are the moment updating this and I did forward your feedback to our Helpdesk. If you have any more additional questions / remarks, feel free to contact us at anytime.
November 19, 2018
Jason P.
Associate Architect
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
January 6, 2017

“Great Staff Time Planning Tool”

OverallWe use Ganttic to coordinate and plan staffing for an office of 25 architects. It works well for us because everyone can fill out his/her own row for a couple of weeks in advance of staffing meetings and then we can fill in blanks and move projects around during our weekly staffing meetings. No other tool has been as helpful.
ProsAbility to view graphically people's time allocations and potential conflicts or down times.
ConsIt's a little tedious. We don't manage time periods down to 15-minute intervals so that level of precision is not needed. For those who use the website regularly, it is not an issue.

By Ganttic on October 16, 2018
Hi Jason! Thank you for the feedback. Just to give you heads up that from the settings you can change timing options and set default time interval for example to and hour or a day. I hope this helps.
January 6, 2017
Bruno M.
Operation Manager

“Great planification tool”

OverallFor our activity in construction, our flexibility is a key point. But for this we need an easy planification tool for our ressources (equipments and staff). And thanks to Ganttic we are able to track our ressources per day and to have a better estimation of our needs and that's a great advantage! When we need a new feature, they were able to do modification and propose good evolution and that's really good.
Prosflexibility in terms of number of users.
ConsPossibility for each user to save his own modification for the beginning and end date
Recommendations to other buyerstry it and you will use it!

By Ganttic on January 3, 2017
Hi Bruno! Thank you for the review! We are happy to see that Ganttic gives you the advantage you need! Regarding the con you wrote down, you can check out our helpdesk articles for user rights (administrators can control if a user can edit tasks or not): http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users/user-types-and-default-rights-1 and if there's a need, you can change the rights for each project: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/projects/special-permissions
Zhuravlev A.
Lead Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
January 23, 2018

“Very useful tool for production planning. Simple and straightforward.”

OverallHundreds of people work and receive assignments in a system with the ability to instantly change the products that should be done at a given moment, depending on the arrival of components, design documentation and number of employees. This link makes our production very flexible and mobile.
ProsEase of operation, good visualization. Ability to customize for your enterprise. While this is the best in operational planning for the ratio of labor to the result.
ConsPoor integration with the Russian language in terms of imports. I would like more functionality in terms of monitoring the execution of tasks (spent time performing tasks)

By Ganttic on October 11, 2018
Hi Andrey! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I can imagine that it might cause problems that our service is in English only. However, our support is more than happy to help you with any issues that might emerge.
Brad P.
Chemicals, 51-200 employees
January 5, 2017

“Brad Peters with Fluid Dynamics”

OverallWe use Ganttic for scheduling our resources. It has become a necessary and vital part of our business operations. We now are able to clearly see any complications in scheduling to meet customers expectations. Ganttic is a valuable tool for our business.
ProsEase of use, access through the internet, value
ConsInsert function not available. To insert a task in an occupied time slot requires all the later task to be moved manually to make room for the insert. Would be desirable if later tasks automatically moved to allow for the added task.

By Ganttic on October 16, 2018
Hi Brad! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We will forward this to our development team and will give you heads when we have any development in this regard.
Sylvain V.
Software Development Coordinator
Retail, 51-200 employees
December 15, 2016

“Ganttic - Team Management for Software Development”

OverallAs a Software Development Coordinator, I couldn't do without it. Managing a Team of 27 in a very dynamic software development context, with hundreds of tasks, using a standard Gantt chart isn't quite efficient. Ganttic allows us to manage resources, workload, and availability at a glance thanks to Ganttic. It is so easy to add tasks with multiple dependencies, from Analysis to Dev, testing, and QA. Move things around, plan, use color coding for project Status or Phases. Creating reports on a jiffy, managing holidays, vacations and what else. Probably the only software from many others required in my daily tasks, that I really like using. Now, an API would make Ganttic a killer app!
ProsEase of use. Flexibility. Reliability. Cost. Usefulness.
ConsAn API would be great to have.

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Sylvain! Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to announce that API is in our development plans. I will give you heads up if I have more information about it.
Rahul B.
Artworker Team Lead
Graphic Design, 1001-5000 employees
December 6, 2016

“Ganttic - A must for organised people!”

OverallAfter we started using Ganttic a few years ago we have grown to love every aspect of the scheduling tool. It's great for planning, logging, and pulling reports on all aspects of our choosing. Customer support is quick and efficient, and I love the way they strive to make improvements. I recommend trying Ganttic, you'll be hooked especially once you see how competitively priced it is. 10/10
ProsEase of use, price, and functionality
ConsWhen you move a job from one resource to another or edit it the notes icon indicates it's been read when it hasn't
Recommendations to other buyersCould we have a range of skins? So we can tailor it to our corporate colors.

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Rahul! Thank you so much for the feeback. I believe that the issue you brought forth has been resolved now :)
Robert S.
Service Delivery Manager
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
January 24, 2018

“Quick and easy - getting things done!”

OverallReduction of communication noise. Easy way to work on a central version of resource schedule.
ProsWe use Ganttic to schedule resources for number of projects (customer site visits). Its super easy to define the projects and add resources. Tool allows you to quickly get things going. Keeping the resource schedule information and ability to share it with customer brought the management of this area to next level. Lot less email/communicator noise. Also I am very happy with the customer support - they are very responsive and always willing to help.
ConsOnly two - mobile application is not so easy and flexible and there is no UNDO function. Once you delete something you have to do it again or contact support to get it from backup (it works, tested!).

By Ganttic on October 10, 2018
Hi Robert! Thank you for the feedback. Now we have created the UNDO option. I hope this works for you. All the feedback that you can provide is appreciated.
January 24, 2018
Alia L.
Head of Marketing Communications
January 22, 2018

“Great project management tool!”

ProsEasy to get started with and amazing for tracking asset (either physical assets or employees) to manage allocation. Great for team tracking with events!
ConsWe haven't done much pushing the limits of what's possible on Ganttic and don't have much experience in its overall flexibility or tying in with other tools

By Ganttic on October 12, 2018
Hi Alia! Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided. If you want to discover Ganttic more, feel free to schedule a personalized demo of Ganttic from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo Would be more than happy to introduce functionalities and possibilities of Ganttic that you might have missed.
Kristen S.
Technical Lead
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

“Technical Lead”

OverallThis program has taken our chaotic schedule and wrapped it into an easy to read tool that can be accessed from anywhere. I would recommend this to any technical team that manages both production support as well as project implementations.
ProsI love how easy it is for all users to read and understand. Both technical and nontechnical individuals have commented on this product and how it increases efficiency within the team.
ConsI wish there was more flexibility on the main view to show more detail.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's a great tool that I would recommend to any business out there.

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Kristen! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We really appreciate it. About timeline, you can use filters and amend the views how you would like. Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/timeline Would be more than happy to assist you further in this regard if you need our assistance.
Joshua F.
Project and Operations Manager
January 5, 2017

“Project Scheduling for the remodeling industry.”

OverallWe've been using Ganttic for our scheduling for a couple of years now. Most scheduling systems schedule by assigning resources to projects, but Ganttic allows us to schedule the projects to available resources. They are also constantly adding features. The latest we've implemented is an automatic email to our subcontractors of the schedule so as to keep them informed.

By Ganttic on October 16, 2018
Hi Joshua! Thank you again so much for the good feedback. Feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any questions or recommendations.
Kat E.
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
December 16, 2016

“Essential Tool ”

OverallGanttic is a great product. It is easy to use and due to its visual interface, there is no steep learning curve for users. It is effortless to integrate with Google platforms and the scheduled reporting means data can be picked up by other tools. We really like the continuous release method which allows new features to be added quickly. The support response is superb. The product is ideal for global teams with updates being seen across the tool in real time.
ProsEasy to use, visual interface, scheduled reporting.
ConsThe lack of API's mean full integration isn't possible yet.
Recommendations to other buyersOur users love it, the visual interface is logical so there is no steep learning curve or a need for formal training.

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Kat! Thank you for your warm feedback. API is in our development plans. Will get back to you when we have more infromation about it.
December 16, 2016
Alejandro R.
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees
May 9, 2018

“Good resource management tool overall”

OverallMove on from an excel sheet
Pros- Good customer support - Good for scheduling resources - Customs reports - Custom charts - Unlimited users - Access profiled users
Cons- No team communications - No file attachment feature for resource sheet - No batch operations - Some UX bugs

By Ganttic on October 9, 2018
Hi Alejandro! Thank you for the feedback that you provided and I am glad that Ganttic works for you. I will try to answer the questions that you had. 1) Like in all SaaS services bugs sometimes occur and we are sorry that this has happened with you. Usually they are fixed within one working day. However, if this problem still persists, feel free to contact us at anytime with this issue. 2) For team communication we feel Ganttic is best utilized when it is shown during team planning meetings. In addition, team collaboration in the Ganttic sense means that everybody can see the planner in their predefined settings - thus, you can be up to date what your team members and department is doing. 3) For file attachmend for a resource we would recommend to create a new resource custom data field that is "Link" type. And with this you can attach all the information you need via link to a resource profile.
May 9, 2018
Mike D.
NZ Delivery Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Great management tool”

OverallI've used Ganttic in a previous organization so when I moved I knew it was a great tool. It's simple to add and remove resources and to assign time and projects. Reporting has come a long way and now has some great features.
ProsEase of use, value for money, reporting
ConsStrong visual colours could be better as pastels
Recommendations to other buyersNope

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Mike! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I feel that now we have solved the issue with colors :)
Manuel D.
CTO
January 29, 2018

“Ganttic proved to be the better alternative than all these old-school Excelsheets for resource mgt.”

OverallVisibility about resource situation across teams.
ProsEasy to set up and very straight forward licensing. It helped to gain multi-user editing and visibility across the different teams.
ConsQuite hard to learn initially, making it hard for new users without proper introduction. The requirement to drag'n'drop to create a new entry is counter-intuitive, especially as click and right-click do not trigger any action.

By Ganttic on October 10, 2018
Hi Manuel! Thank you for the feedback. If you still have some things that confuse your users, we would be more than happy to help you guys from the customer support side. Feel free to book at anytime a free personalized Ganttic demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo
January 29, 2018
John F.
Controls Engineering manager
January 22, 2018

“We are new users and this shared scheduling solution has helped us by have increased visibility”

OverallWere are more organized and this our helps our customers and employees
ProsVisibility by multiple departments and our team in the field via their mobile phones. This allows our team to get updates on their schedules and provide status or add notes as needed.
ConsI can not go back, If I make a change and then want to go back, to the previous schedule prior to the change, I cannot.

By Ganttic on October 11, 2018
Hi John! Thank you for the feedback. I hope that you are satisfied with the undo function we added :)
Francois L.
Development director
Supermarkets, 51-200 employees
December 6, 2016

“Great resource management tool!”

OverallFinally able to know quickly who is available in 5 weeks for example. Having to manage 28 development resources, I have no clue how we were doing this before without Ganttic!
ProsVisual, intuitive and drag and drop approach.
ConsThe refresh rate is clumsy sometimes.

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Francois! Thank you for your feedback. I feel that the refresh problem might be also connected with the speed of your internet and how large is the time period of your view that you are viewing. However, we are constantly improving the refresh rate and please tell us when you will encounter similar problems in the future.
Peter C.
Retail, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2016

“Great tool that have helped us with our efficiency ”

OverallThe tool has completely changed our business and made us more profitable. I just miss three things: 1. follow-up on archived projects (without the first need to dear chive them). 2. The Bigger field for describing a project (maybe attach pictures) 3. Generate project number.
ProsShowing use of resources to the whole organization
ConsSee comment before about my 3 wishes.
Recommendations to other buyersMaybe a fourth one: a more sophisticated app

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Peter! Thank you so much for your feedback. Will try to answer the questions you had: 1) With link type of field it is possible to attach photos and also files. Would this work for you? 2) One options for that would be to use project custom data fields.Would this work for you?
TJ W.
Media Production, 11-50 employees
January 19, 2018

“Ganttic is the answer to a large install team scheduling and planning”

OverallThis software's benefit to us is allows us to forecast upcoming installation project and see when we need to hire contractors and/or additional resources.
ProsIt's been a really great tool for scheduling our teams. We can push the calendar to them as well there is an app. The last tool we had was only computer accessible not helpful to the guys in the field. We have really made use of this tool in our planning out when we can fit jobs into our ever changing schedule. It's feature filled and very flexible.
ConsThe biggest con was that you could change the schedule from you calendar feed for each person. There are few people this is fine but most of our integrators really should only be able view it not edit it.

By Ganttic on October 12, 2018
Hi TJ! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I believe that the solution for the problem you brought forth would be just to set different user permission for editing. Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users
Dave R.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
January 19, 2018

“Very simple to use, good value for money”

OverallGiving everybody with access the visibility of what tasks each member of staff had in the development team has been hugely positive.
ProsVisual representation of workload makes it easy to manage and capture information at a glance. Timelines change often and it is also very easy to move tasks from person to person, and to different dates
ConsA couple of features, namely managing dependencies between tasks work but feels a little clunky and difficult to use.

By Ganttic on October 12, 2018
Hi Dave! Thank you for the feedback. What did you feel was confusing about dependencies? Would be glad to hear your feedback.
David B.
Application Support
December 15, 2016

“All we need is within Ganttic”

OverallWe are a company with employees across the planet. We need to know where each employee travels to which customer, so we can schedule all our planning.
ProsIn a quick view we see what we need to see
ConsWe can not create events in batch for each resources

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi David! Thank you for the feedback you provided. If you want to create an event (task) for a batch of resources then next to each resource we have checkmarks. Just check them while creating a task. This should solve your problem.
Marianne G.
Director of Operations
January 26, 2018

“Great resource tool with flexibility to make it what you need it to be.”

ProsThere's a lot of room for customization in this software - so you can create what you need to to suite your needs. Dependencies are an added feature.
ConsTask colours seem to change pending what calendar view you're looking at. The filtering at the top can be confusing. Wish there were templates/samples one could view and assess best approach to take in Ganttic. Leaves so much to the person using it - that examples would help.

By Ganttic on October 10, 2018
Hi Marianne! Thank you for the feedback that you provided. I will now try to answer the questions that you had: 1) I feel that the colors the problem was that after hitting "Apply" you did not save the view. When you have saved the view, then the colors do not change. 2) Thank you for the good advice. I will talk with the management in this regard. Moreover, we are more than happy to go through everything that might still be confusing, for this, just sign-up for a free Ganttic demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo
Charles G.

“Love the software!”

Overallvisually manage my team's time
ProsI have been using Ganttic for a couple of years, and despite my that organisation has forced us to use another tool, I went back to it to me going for my team easily.
Leonie S.
Recruitment Coordinator
January 22, 2018

“As first was daunting however its very simple and easy to use, great product has everything we need”

ProsThe option of being able to print the reports, it's very important in our job to have this information on hand and this software allows that.
ConsWas quite daunting at first glance as it looks messy and difficult to understand, I didn't find it easy to learn at first.

By Ganttic on October 11, 2018
Hi Leonie! Thank you for the warm feedback. Ganttic might be taunting in the beginning but we always recommend to use our support as often as you need. And if something is stlll confusing, feel free to book a free personalized demo at anytime from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo
51-200 employees
February 16, 2018

“good features, tracks history, Simple to use”

Overallclearer resourcing all colleagues can edit at the same time
ProsLike having project tabs tracking history easy to view colleagues work or by teams Can also specify non working times such as lunchtime Can also have tabs for departments
ConsNeeds a darker background as can sometimes be a bit intense on the eyes Needs more colours Can often be a bit glitchy The filter system doesnt work The saved button has been removed

By Ganttic on October 10, 2018
Hi! Thank you for the feedback you provided and glad you found many positive aspects about Ganttic. Now about the cons that you brought forth. 1) Could you further explain how the filtering does not work? Filtering is one of the most powerful functions inside Ganttic and we have not had feedback that it doesn't work. Thus, we are happy to any input in this regard. 2) Samewise about save button. Where was it removed? :) Would be happy to assist you in any questions that you might have still.
February 16, 2018
Alan H.
Head of Technical Services
January 19, 2017

“Great Resource Management Tool”

OverallInitially, Ganttic was heavily geared towards project resource mapping, but as it has developed, it's morphed into a solution capable of catering to general resource management - now they just need to get calendar integration and they'll be the perfect solution!
ProsEase of use, graphical interface
Consno integration to outlook, no real auditting (easily available)

By Ganttic on October 15, 2018
Hi Alan! I guess as you know, now we have also the calendar integration, both with Outlook and Google. I hope this works for you :) Read more from here: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/resources/google-calendar-synchronization
January 19, 2017
Fredrik A.
Teamleader
Maritime, 51-200 employees
December 6, 2016

“Excellent support when needed”

OverallEvery time that support has been needed it has been given precise and in good time. The only thing that could be useful is a rollback function, preferable to cancel all that have been done the last login.
ProsEase of use, quick overview
ConsNo rollback (that I know of)

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Fredrik! Thank you for the feedback. We have now implemented a new function called "UNDO". Does this solve the challenge you were faced with?
Vaibhav M.
Director - Finance & Operations
January 18, 2018

“Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use, functional”

Overallresource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.
Prosease of use, MIS, customisation customer support web link could be used from anywhere ability to generate different views
Consability to link to ERP mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

By Ganttic on October 15, 2018
Hi Vaibhav! Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.
Emma R.
Ops Director
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

“Surprisingly great!”

OverallI was reluctant initially to go Digital, but have found it a great tool for scheduling and for the sharing of information.
ProsUsability. Sharing of information. Info is mobile on the laptop.
ConsSometimes there is a 'click' delay.

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Emma! Thank you for the feedback. I believe that now all the performance related issues should be solved :)
Laura F.
December 12, 2018

“Easy to plan with, easy to share”

ProsWhat I like in Ganttic is that anyone can create tasks and dependencies easily and understand a planning within a glance thanks to its structured and colorful UI. Another advantage is that it is web based and thus doesn't require a specific software.
ConsSome advanced features are missing (like always keeping the same timespan between 2 tasks when one of them move forward or backward), but overall it does a very good job for project and portfolio planning.

By Ganttic on December 13, 2018
Dear Laura! Thank you so much for your kind feedback. You can use timespan (in our sense "lag time") when you are moving tasks forward. For example, you can set that the time span inbetween to dependent tasks is always 2 days. Unfortunately this does not apply when you are moving tasks backward. However, I will give you heads up if this comes to our development plans.
December 12, 2018
Helge B.
December 6, 2016

“Great Resource Planning tool!”

OverallWe are using Ganttic since 18 months and are very happy! It's easy to use and provide the flexibility we need. We have a fast-paced environment!
ProsFlexibility and scalability.
Recommendations to other buyersWould be great if it would linked/integrated into ERP system!

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Helge! Thank you again for your warm feedback. Feel free to contact us if any questions shall emerge.
Casey Y.
Planning & Purchasing Manager
January 18, 2018

“Good software to streamline the planning process ”

ProsLike the drag and drop planning. I like the highly customizable forms and reports. Software is relatively easy to use and is not too bloated, allowing it to do what it does best, Resource Planning. I I also like the sharing options and allowing multiple users to have access to the software and no hard pay wall to do so.
ConsThere is no UNDO feature. Also do not like that there is no option to remove WEEKENDS from the scheduling. I constantly have projects run into weekends when we are trying plan out resources. Which requires you to manually go into the task and move to the next weekday.

By Ganttic on October 15, 2018
Hi Casey! Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to tell you that now we have the undo function. In addition, you can also remove the weekends from the settings.
Bill K.
Operations Manager
Construction, 51-200 employees
December 20, 2016

“1st review”

OverallWould like to be able to copy tasks/projects to multiple people/resources.
ProsAbility to sort resources many different way
ConsCan not copy tasks/projects to multiple resources

By Ganttic on January 3, 2017
Hi Bill! Thank you for the review! Great to see that Ganttic's resource grouping feature is helpful to you! As a bonus, you actually CAN assign tasks to multiple resources. You can find a helpdesk article here: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/assign-tasks-to-multiple-resources
December 20, 2016
Roland G.
MD
December 6, 2016

“Very useful software for managing our company resources”

OverallWe've been using Ganttic as a company on and off for the last 2 years and found it very useful for managing our engineer's diaries.
ProsThe resource view
ConsPrinting options

By Ganttic on October 17, 2018
Hi Roland! Thank you for your feedback. For printing you need to use your web browser printing options. Are you having problems with that?
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2019

“Amazing product ”

OverallWe have grown to a size where we have to manage resource allocation across a large number of projects which is really easy with Ganticc thanks to the variety of views and the ability to schedule per project or seeing what's going on elsewhere
ProsIt was really easy to set up - quick to get going and good help available where needed. I loved the regular emails with tips on how to get the best out of it. I like the various views and the ability to create unlimited guest accounts giving visibility to people across the business
ConsIt can sometimes be a bit clunky to update certain parameters but nothing that can't be dealt with

By Ganttic on April 23, 2019
Hi! Thank you so much for your feedback. Feel free to turn to us in the future at anytime shall additional questions emerge. Karl
April 18, 2019
Brian J.
Production Manager
Machinery, 11-50 employees
December 18, 2018

“Production planning for stainless tank shop”

ProsEase of use for simple projects. The reporting tools are easy to work with.
ConsLack of templatization and ease of use for repetitive task for different customers.

By Ganttic on December 20, 2018
Hi Brian! Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are happy that our reporting tools fit your needs. Good news are that the templates will come next year. We will keep you posted with developments in this regard.
December 18, 2018
Nataraj J.
Senior Consultant
January 28, 2018

“We use Ganttic to plan resource schedules, improve visibility of availability and generate reports”

ProsI like that fact that it is web-based, easy to use, accommodates customized data and can provide access to all individual resources to update their own schedules. The support team is also very responsive.
ConsReports can also have the option for graphs etc. so we can look at group or individual stats at a glance. Currently we can extract the data and have to create pivots or charts on excel.

By Ganttic on October 10, 2018
Hi Nataraj! Thank you for the feedback! Now we have created the visual charts option in Ganttic: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/reports/visual-reports Does this option works for you?
January 28, 2018
Marcel D.
Service manager
Maritime, 5001-10,000 employees
January 26, 2018

“So far the software meets my expectations ”

OverallEasy planning and clear overview of the projects
ProsEasy data entrance and the filter/search opportunities. I need to get started with the reporting functionality which is easy to use but I need to make my own reports
ConsThis is not clear yet it depends on the further role out within our organisation. We need additional functionality with regards to the use of colours and the options illness, hospital visit etc

By Ganttic on October 10, 2018
Hi Marcel! I hope that you are doing great. For holidays we have the task type "holiday" or "public holiday". However, if you want to take hour assigned to this holiday task out from the reports, I would just recommend to make a new project named "holiday" and assign a different color for it to make it more visible. I hope this helps, feel free to write us at anytime.
Ronald C.
Manager, Professional Services
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
January 25, 2018

“Easy to use interface, easy to read layout. Was able to get off the ground running with no training”

OverallAble to schedule resources easily and effectively.
ProsReally like how easy it is to see the calendar layout and change what I'm looking at - weeks to months, etc.
ConsSetting timing on tasks can get confusing, times get overwritten depending on your order of clicks. For example if want a task to only take up part of a day, I want the task to show over the course of the full day, but the duration of the task may only be 4 hours. To get these settings to 'stick' sometimes takes a couple tries.

By Ganttic on October 10, 2018
Hi Ronald! Thank you for the feedback. I can imagine that the task settings might take time to get used with in the beginning. However, what could make it easier is when you define from the settings your default timing preferences. Then you do not need to change them every time.
Katherine W.
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2018

“More features for less money”

Overallflexibility
ProsWe switched to ganttic from another software and got all the features we were looking for at a lower monthly cost.
ConsAfter scheduling a "team" of people, it's a lot of work to break them up into smaller teams. Example, we scheduled a group of 5 for an 8 week project and then had to break that week up to stagger breaks. We had to do a lot of work in ganttic to make that happen.

By Ganttic on October 10, 2018
Hi Katherine! Thank you for the positive feedback. We can also see the con that you brought forth that is specific to your planning process. To be honest, here we do not have a good workaround. One option to make things faster would be to use the "copy task" function. Moreover, have you tried planning in projects or single project view? Karl
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
January 18, 2018

“Very easy to get started and met our needs for continuing”

ProsWe needed a Gantt chart that could also sync with a google calendar. After looking at a bunch of other applications, we settled on Ganttic. It has been very easy to set up multiple projects across our team of resources. Custom fields and custom reports that we can email each morning have been very useful features for us as wel.
ConsThere were some bugs encountered with the user interface. I sent in the feedback, got an immediate response, and the bugs were dealt with by the end of the week.

By Ganttic on October 15, 2018
Hi! Thank you for the feedback! Like with all SaaS services, bugs occur from time to time. We always appreciate if you can give us feedback about it and usually we are able to make the corrections within one day.
bianca w.
site Planner
January 23, 2018

“I love Ganttic. it has taken our capacity planning to the next level”

ProsI think it would most prob be the way that we can interlink projects between users and projects. We have multiple users from different departments working on the same projects and now we have an application that can link all of us
Consi would like a comment section on the users side next to the contact tab. so i can add addresses of people or personal details other than email and phone number

By Ganttic on October 11, 2018
Hi Bianca! Thank you for the feedback and I am glad that you love Ganttic :) Unfortunately we do not have the option that you brought forth. However, if those users are also listed as resources in Ganttic, then you can add the information just via resource custom data fields. Would be happy to show you.
Cameron M.
Strategy & Planning Analyst
Broadcast Media, 1001-5000 employees
January 19, 2018

“Easy to use and fit for purpose”

OverallIt filled the space previously attempting to be filled by hundreds of excel Gantt charts that could not easily be compared on a large scale.
ProsThe software doesn't require me to give proper training to my users because they seem to find it very user friendly. I also have found the customer service brilliant, Ganttic offer one to one video conferencing to go through any questions or just offer general training.
ConsIt can be a little slow but that is to be expected with an online tool. I also like that it is an online tool as it is easier to get people to use it if they don't have to go through the process of requesting new software and giving a business case.
Mandi F.
January 18, 2018

“The greatest unfilled need for me is the ability to easily link across departments for same project”

ProsFlexibility in views - can view by user, by department, by role, by task, etc. Also like the tabbed view capability, and the built-in reporting options
ConsIf I need to place the same project on multiple users' profiles and link together so changes made in one place are the same, but then have different date ranges for different departments (UX/UI, QA, etc.), there isn't a simple way to do this

By Ganttic on October 15, 2018
Hi Mandi! Thank you for the positive feedback you brought forth. I did not fully understand the problem that you had. However, would be more than happy if you would sign-up for a meeting from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo and that we could go together the problems you had.