FieldEdge Ratings

Overall

About FieldEdge

The field service management software for HVAC and Plumbing home service contractors. Easily track customer history, dispatching, finances, service agreements, and more. Ranked #1 among contractors, FieldEdge saves office staff 20+ hours per week with a seamless Quickbooks integration - no more double entry! Our mobile app gives technicians all the information they need to provide great customer service and be more efficient on-site. Learn more about FieldEdge

Tyler H.
March 16, 2019

“Constantly Improving & Great Customer Support”

ProsCustomer support is very quick & thorough. There is a chat feature integrated with the software for customer support issues. It automatically creates recurring service work orders, which is nice. You can flag customer accounts as do not service, which disables your other users from scheduling work orders for those customers - this is a new feature that is going to save us thousands in unpaid bills by customers who do not pay their bills. We tried putting them on our own lists, but they sometimes still slip through the cracks. It has phone integration, which not only records calls but also has the ability to track lead sources. I can print pick lists every morning, so I can ensure my techs are fully stocked at the beginning of every day.
ConsIt can be kind of slow at times, although it seems to work well for the most part. In the year I've used it, we've been locked of the system for 24 hours 2-3 times. This was incredibly frustrating, and it would have been detrimental had we print paper copies of every work order. A paperless way to proactively anticipate this problem is to just download a list of pending work orders at the end of each day & to keep a list of your customers in excel or google sheets, so you can access phone numbers and addresses. It is also more geared towards flat rate pricing, which I admit is more attractive for residential customers. With commercial customers (the bulk of mine being restaurants), I could lose some of my best customers if I switched to flat rate pricing. We track our labor from the time of dispatch until the the work order is completed. If our techs look on FE to see how much time they've spent on a job, they only see the time working - not the time traveling. I've had several jobs go underpriced because a tech forgets goes by the time they see on the software.

By FieldEdge on April 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Tyler! We are happy to know you are utilizing the newer 'Do Not Service' feature and have found it to be a time saver, along with the other functionality you enjoy. We also understand the frustration you experienced on those occasions, and are continuously working to make improvements to our software as you alluded to. We are proud of the enhancements we have made to the stability and reliability of our platform in recent months. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to continuing to work together.
March 16, 2019
John B.
Pesident, Owner
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2017

“17 Happy Years of growth and prosperity with dESCO !!! ”

OverallOur business has grown from 2 trucks to 10 since we first installed dESCO. We now have 10 times the business and the software has grown right along with us. It does so much more now than then and has continued to improve. With out it I could not manage my business. dESCO keeps track of jobs, quotes, invoicing even out inventory. If you are a small business running lean, making every minute count this is the software you need. I do not think I would be where I am today with out it. By nature I am unorganized, having everything in one place in one program is the way to go if that describes you. John
ProsThe amount of information you have at your fingertips. Jobs, scheduling, quotes, orders, and Customer information. Customer information is key to service knowing what they have done in the past including payment history, and buying habits. Keeping records under the documents tab means not more filing cabinets. Sales reports and receivables reports makes keeping an eye on cash flow easy.
ConsThere is a steep learning curve. Because it does so much there is a lot to learn. This is a big program, that covers a lot of areas.
Recommendations to other buyersStick with it!! The longer you use it the more you will appreciate it and the better you will like it.

By FieldEdge on April 10, 2017
John, it has always been a privilege for us to see your many successes through the years. Thanks so much for taking the time to say why ESC has been such a great fit for you, and for your many years of loyalty. As we look to the bright future, you can continue to count on us to be of service to you.
April 10, 2017
Stephanie M.
Construction, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2017

“Field Edge is the Answer!!! ”

OverallWithout a doubt, Field Edge has been the solution our company has been seeking for many years. A cloud-based software that integrates with quickbooks is what we were looking for. This isn't 90's anymore and our company likes to be ahead of the curve so the "DOS" based dispatching software wasn't even an option. We were looking for a dispatching program that would allow for the technicians to invoice in the field in real time and streamlines the billing process. Field Edge has given that to our company and so much more. We no longer have to decipher handwriting, or manually enter in work orders. The office finalizes the invoices or follows up with getting it completed if a return visit is necessary. Quotes are given to our customers while onsite which lowers the chance of the customer getting another quote and lowers the chance of them changing their mind. We also can keep track of customers with agreements, and dispatch routine routes and bill all in a timely manner. There are also GPS and CC Processing integrations which are helpful.
ProsQuickbooks Integration, Cloud Based, All Inclusive CSR Software, TIME SAVER (at least 1 Hour a Day), Real Time invoicing in the field, Agreement fields, Phone Line integration for marketing tracking, Works on Andriod and I Phone.
ConsThe onboarding process is lengthy if your company is organized the process will be smoother than that of a disorganized company. But let's face it if you're looking for a CSR program you know you have to be organized or get organized to be a successful business. The database has to be set up in an organized fashion and even though onboarding is a process it's for a good reason and in the end, you will be thankful all the work you put into it. The system you build will only function as well as you build it. The onboarding team will build it for you, you just have to get them the information they need!
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend a demo from when of the amazing customer service technicians, ask questions, give details of what you want the system to do for your company, and I bet they have an answer hope FieldEdge can help steam line your specific needs.
February 8, 2017
Bruce Jr D.
August 12, 2010

“Great All Round Dispatching Program.”

OverallOverall this is a great program that really helps manage time and perform a good assessment on how to serve the client. It holds a lot of info and is a great time saver. There is some time to learn up on the system, but as you use it you see the reasoning and it all fits together. The other good thing I like about this program is the great support and friendly staff. They always answer even the smallest question I have and take the time to help me understand the answer and walk me through it. I am not too savy a computer guy so support to talk to a real person is a must for me. Also these guys listen to our real life experiences out here. They take into account our suggestions with each new update or version. This is important because our environment changes all the time and there is always a newer way to do somehting. This is a good all round product and I highly recommend it.
ProsCons... ( Did not have enough room in the Con Section) (See Iver all Recommendation for Pros) As a dispatching program it would be nice to have a fleet management system. A log to keep track of VIN #, When Tabs are due, Maintenance is due, Truck #, Driver during periods of time, Repair and service Types and dates, ect... Since there are so many tax variations within the service are we dispatch to it would be helpful that the tax % would print on the dispatch and visble on the dispatch screen. We spend the time inputing the tax codes in the system and then applying it to each dispatch, this would be a good field to add.
ConsCons Continued... Reports are good, but I have noticed that we enter a lot of information on jobs that we cannot sort reports on. For example: When we breakdown an invoice into ESC we enter the resale of: Labor, Subcontractors, Material, Equipment Fee, Permits, Trip Charge, Rentals, and probly a few other catagories depending on the job.... But the report I would love to run, but can't is... Each technician's production by department in: *Labor *Rentals *Material *Sub Contractors *Equipment Fee *Trip Charges * And so on Also, the paging system is nice... unless you have to page a group of people. It would be great to be able to send a page to just my plumbers with one button or just my HVAC techs or just ....
August 12, 2010
Amanda Lynn S.
Service Manager
January 12, 2016

“A great tool for dispatching, invoicing and sharing!”

ProsI love the ease of use for techs in the field as well as in the office. It gives us the ability to share where we are across departments and to see how backed up we are. The vendor Desco has been fabulous! I am in service and I deal with people all day and these guys really know their business! Patient, knowledgeable, and if they don't know the answer they get it for me in a timely manner.
ConsI think there is room for improvement on the reporting. I would like to be able to print out a simple report that shows how many tickets a tech completes in a day / week / month. Very basic. I also think that even tho we use quickbooks for our accounting, I thinks that there could be some improvement on the reports. Also, I don't like how things can be taken out of quickbooks so easily by people by mistake. The last thing that bothers me is how once a ticket is moved to a tech on the calendar, how the ticket gets all junked up if someone accidentally touches it in the office, it should refresh for the tech so their list doesn't get all locked up every time that happens. Oh and one more thing, when you attach files to customers people can accidentally corrupt the file by opening it and not closing it properly causing the file to be lost. I would like for a way to keep this from happening.
Recommendations to other buyersIts a great tool for dispatching and sharing information with field technicians. Never before did we have the ability to share customer information, equipment onsite, dog warnings and etc with our people out in the field. This is one of the greatest features.
January 12, 2016
Beth S.
Accounts Receivable/Marketing
January 25, 2019

“Best decision we made 2 years ago! ”

OverallWe were using a very old software program with a lot of manual entry. We have been able to manage our technicians much more efficiently. Invoicing is streamlined. A lot of statistics we used to guess about are now tracked with FieldEdge-which is so important for growth! We are able to see what advertising truly works and what is ultimately a waste of money and effort! I looked into a lot of programs and have to say there isn't anything I regret about our decision! And the icing on the cake is the customer service. Hands down best of any of the many companies I deal with on a daily basis. Responsive and thorough. They have also integrated with other platforms which is great for having everything in one place. Can't wait to see what they have in store next!
ProsEase of use. Reliability. Ability to customize like no other software out there. Consistently listening to their customers recommendations and updating. Best value for price!
ConsIf you can call it a con? We are busier than ever as it has streamlined so many ways we operated that we are able to mange our technicians much more efficiently!

By FieldEdge on April 24, 2019
Our teams love to hear feedback like this, Beth! Thanks so much for sharing. We are lucky to have customers like you!
January 25, 2019
Beth S.
Accounts Receivable/Marketing
February 26, 2018

“Best company out there hands down on every level!”

OverallWe moved two customer databases when switching to FieldEdge. We had many duplicates due to our trying to merge these to databases over the past few years-all prior to FieldEdge. Take the advice of FieldEdge and the time to clean up as much as you can prior to going live. It really made a huge difference for our company!
ProsEverything! I looked at a lot of companies for a few months before choosing FieldEdge. Their product overall is excellent and constantly getting better with customer suggested updates all year long-yes! They listen to us little guys! Support is superior compared to any other company I have dealt with professionally! Price point-they cannot be beat for the product they offer. Period. The ability to customize so many features within the program truly shows that FieldEdge is dedicated to making a product that works for all types and sizes of companies-you won't find this elsewhere!
ConsThe only con I have is that we have not slowed down enough to fully explore all the extras that make FieldEdge so much more than just a dispatching program! Customer Recall Management, Tracking aging equipment for targeted marketing. These are all things that we cannot wait to begin! And the list goes on and on!
February 26, 2018
James H.
Service Manager
August 4, 2017

“ESC by dEsco in my experience is the best all-in-one software for the Service Industry”

ProsExcellent software that is constantly evolving and growing. Best tech support on the planet. Fastest turn around time when correcting bugs or issues. Well thought out and implemented.
ConsSome features that should be available are not. They are available in the newer software offered under the FieldEdge name. I think they should have been implemented in ESC before developing new software, or allow migration to the new software at no charge if you are a current annual member for support and mobile versions.

By FieldEdge on August 14, 2017
10/10 + BEST SW in the industry + BEST support on the PLANET! LOVE IT! We can't thank you enough for your kind words and positive feedback. It goes a long way to motivate the team. Some of the innovation we have introduced in FieldEdge is only possible with web-based applications. That said, we are continuing to work on ESC. We will also aggressively help in the transition for existing customers to FieldEdge. Thanks again for your continued business!!!
Kathie S.
Dispatcher/ A/R
August 9, 2010

“Kathie's Review”

OverallI would highly recommend ESC to any A/C contractor!
ProsI do love the ease of this software // It is extremely "blonde friendly" // Most of it is so simple you can figure it out on your own and not have to call the help desk or anything // Works great with QB // Even my GM and Service Manager can move around in it! // We have never had any glitches during updates like with our old program // The reports are great (hard to fix if you type in anything wrong tho since you have to go thru QB to fix everything) // I've been in the office part of the A/C field for over 20 years and have used several different programs thru the years and ESC by far is the best! I highly recommend this program! // There are things i do not like but for the most part ... ESC is the best!
ConsI do not like that it does not put the equipment worked on in the history! // You have to pull up the invoice and click on equipment in order to see that info // I do not like that it only prints 4 lines of history on the dispatch ticket itself // Wish it would list maintenance/agreement customers on the dispatch screen and dispatch ticket so you don't have to go from screen to screen to figure that out // Third party billing isn't so great either // Once you complete the job and delete it after the billing you can't go back and look at the invoice or print it out again until you add the job back in .. that's a pain // Wish it was easier to look up sites instead of the billing info ... That has taken me longer to train people on around our office than any of it yet ... they can't seem to get that down yet! I wish you could see more of history with materials without having to go into the invoice itself // and on dates in dispatch ... up arrow should take me UP a day .. not back a day
August 9, 2010
Jose L.
Sales
July 9, 2018

“Maximum Day to Day Efficiency!”

ProsThis software is extremely easy to use yet so detailed and organized. As long as all pertinent data is in the system workflows become more streamlined for mobile and office users. Any time we have questions or concerns we get excellent feedback from our Customer Success Manager or the help chat located in the software. They also have an ideas portal that allows you to post an idea that you think may benefit your company where other companies can vote if its something they see as beneficial to them as well.
ConsWe are a strictly commercial HVAC company so sometimes we need specific features tailored to our business model. For example, some of our customers have 10+ units that we need to service but we don't have the ability to apply repair forms to all units. The system basically only allows us to have 1 repair form where we need 10+ repair forms to satisfy all units being serviced. There are other minor adjustments that we see as a con but thats to do our company being strictly commercial and needing them to be tailored to our specific model.
July 9, 2018
Amber R.
March 20, 2019

“Highly Satisfied Customer”

OverallCSR was a valuable asset to our company. Her kind manner, determination to solve problems quickly and knowledge of FieldEdge is exceptional. At times the learning curve with FieldEdge became frustrating, yet She remained calm and patient with our team and provided solutions. She periodically checks in on us even though we are fairly self-sufficient, inquiring about our satisfaction and still offering assistance. We appreciate the support Alyson provides.
ProsFieldEdge keeps our company punctual with customers and the ability to follow through with commitments. It also helps us track well labor hours and parts on order.
ConsOur least favorite features at the moment within FieldEdge are 1) inability to change most information in a parts request once it's been marked ordered and 2) unlock technicians work orders on the dispatch board.

By FieldEdge on April 24, 2019
Our team loves hearing feedback like this! It's always rewarding to hear about ways that FieldEdge helps make a difference to your business. Thank you, Amber! We look forward to continuing to work together.
March 20, 2019
Rob W.
Owner/Operator
January 26, 2019

“User for almost 2 years now.”

OverallFieldEdge easily pays for itself. I have gone completely paperless. Everything is easier, faster, and safer about it.
ProsI like that it is cloud based, easy to use and updated with new features almost monthly. It has a modern look and feel compared to many other service softwares I have tried out and looked in to. I like the mobile app features and ease of use. I like that it seamlessly syncs to Quickbooks. Desco knows service software.
ConsLittle things here and there that need to be changed to make working in the software easier and that make more sense. They have an "Ideas" portal that you can make suggestions for changes to the software but out of 3 that I have suggested not one has been adapted.

By FieldEdge on March 14, 2019
Rob, thanks so much for your positive feedback! It's great hearing that you enjoy the regular updates and the overall look and feel of FieldEdge, paired with how it's been such an asset to your business. We are so appreciative to have customers like you!
January 26, 2019
Sharon M.
A/R
December 12, 2018

“Dispatching software that integrates many of our companies needs in one place”

ProsThis is a web based dispatch system that integrates into Quickbooks nicely. It has helped us to streamline our business and work much more efficiently. Love that the Techs can see customer history easily. Almost instant communication between Tech and dispatch. Has many great feature in the price book and dashboard. We can see almost instantly how profitable we are being.
ConsThe largest con is that as a web based system, if they go down your company can come screeching to a halt. Because this has happened several times this year, we have had to put internal back up systems in place. We save a screen shot each evening of the next day just in case the system is down. There are several issues that I would like to see FieldEdge improve on. Their team does take suggestions though and has been making improvements to the software.
December 12, 2018
Richard L.
October 24, 2018

“Coming Up! ”

OverallGreat program for beginners!
ProsStaff and support is superb and top notch! Easy to talk to and will have an answer for you very quickly
ConsEase of quotes from tablet to other devices will be lost if switching back and forth, Needs to have the opportunity to upload as soon as you're done with any text on one device in order to continue on any device. Have lost hours of work. very fustrating. Also server provider needs to not be knocked out no matter the reason... Field edge needs to have another back up server somewhere else. Lost days of productivity and and income... They simply said I'm sorry and that was it, wish they offered a prorated monthly service fee, so that it both hit our pockets.
October 24, 2018
Jaime W.
Customer service supervisor
11-50 employees
July 14, 2017

“Adrian exceeded my expectations with his customer service and willingness to help me with my updates”

ProsThe customer service that ESC tech support showed me way exceeded my expectations. Adrian specifically, was such a great help. He came in after hours and even gave me his personal cell number in case I had questions while I updated each workstation individually. I am not a computer savvy person and he made it easy to understand and even fun while we were getting everything updated. I work for a heat and air company in Oklahoma and I would recommend Adrien or any of the staff at ESC to any company. Keep up the great work!!!!!!
ConsThe only con to the program was in the old version that we had as far as running reports. This is why we did the updates.
July 14, 2017
Lilnda A.
Office manager
June 7, 2017

“Love the support team, always so happy and very patient and makes you feel totally good !”

ProsAll our Clients info is so easy to access and love how easy it is to use. Its dispatch board is supper easy and the invoicing is great. Also like how you can add different locations under one customer, lets say they have their main home and rental property, you can have it all in one place.. The equipment history and all you have done for a customer is easy to see.
ConsOnly one thing I have found is if you happen to choose the wrong location under a customer and lets say you have a invoice going to another location, you cant correct it, other than that I love this system.

By FieldEdge on June 7, 2017
Hi Linda! Your kind words make US feel totally good! We'll keep on aiming to make you proud. Thanks again!
June 7, 2017
Nova F.
May 15, 2014

“Not Worth the Money-Spend Extra for Something BETTER”

OverallI'm not entirely sure who recommended this software to our company President, but I feel they were either paid to promote it or they had not actually used the software themselves. I honestly do not have much good to say about this product. The pros to it are not enough to keep this around, but this decision is not up to me. If it were, I would not have bought this in the first place. PROS: *Dispatch/Scheduling option *Tech Support is very responsive The dispatching and scheduling option is pretty handy. While trying to set up the loo of the dispatch board is not readily obvious, once you figure it out (not help to the "manual"), it's not too bad. There is room for improvement on that side of things, but as it stands, it's good enough to be a pro. Tech support is very responsive, however, to get quality response, I'd definitely call them on the phone rather than contacting them through the internet. CONS: *Not user intuitive *No real user manual; Manual they provide is vague *Webinars are minorly helpful *Bugs in the software that hinder simple tasks *Help Topics are below average-topics do not accurately address issues *Does not keep accurate records of invoice history, dispatch history If you are not comfortable around computers and various software, I strongly urge you to go somewhere else. If you are used to picking apart deficiencies in computer software or are comfortable enough to figure out how to work software on your own without a manual, knock yourself out. While ESC will make your job more interesting (and by interesting, I mean figuring out a puzzle that does not make much sense. Oh and colorful word creation as you bang your head against the desk when simple things aren't working), I wouldn't call it a time-saving product. Seriously, if this is bought up because of its low price, rest assured you will spend a great deal more in administrative hours as you figure ways around the bugs in the software. Don't be a cheap bum-spend the extra coin for something that went through all the processes of software development: analysis, design, development and testing.

By FieldEdge on June 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. With a 97% satisfaction rate among 46,000 users, it's upsetting to hear about an unhappy customer. We aim to produce both user-friendly & comprehensive products addressing the needs of service companies. Are there things we can do to improve the experience? Absolutely! We continue to work closely with our customers, prospects & industry groups to identify areas to improve-resulting in regular major & minor software updates. After reviewing your account, I see you're not currently on an ESC support plan for free software updates & unlimited access to our support team. You may not be using the most current version & not taking advantage of the latest enhancements, corrections & features. We do take pride in providing cost-effective solutions with the best possible support-including an embedded user guide, online self-help, exert support staff, events, training options & more. Our goal remains to help users maximize software investments & business efficiency.
May 15, 2014
Marty H.
1-10 employees
August 9, 2017

“The personal service is what makes this product! ”

OverallCustomer and equipment tracking. Repair history. Dispatch scheduling. Service Agreements.
ProsThe ability to have all the information concerning the customer at your fingertips is priceless. This allows us to serve them better.
ConsService agreements are a struggle for me. This is probably due to the fact that I've not been exposed to this portion of program as much as others.

By FieldEdge on August 12, 2017
Really appreciate the incredibly positive feedback!! Don't hesitate to reach out to the team for training on service agreements. Maybe start with a webinar about increasing renewal revenue by visiting our help center and searching "Watch the money grow!". Otherwise simply reply via email and we'll gladly lend a hand! Thanks again for the 10/10!!
August 9, 2017
Brian R.
Sales Manager
March 21, 2019

“THIS SOFTWARE COMPANY LISTENS TO US”

OverallWe have saved a lot of time with the quoting process and the accounting processes. The pictures on sales items and the display of recommendations is great. Tracking of lead sources and the reports are very helpful.
ProsThe support staff is very open to suggestions and making the platform better with each update. The experience on iPad is much smoother than Android. We like that the data is in the cloud and always backed up and that the office has a good pulse on the activity in the field.
ConsWe had a lot of issues with Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6" 2017. We switched to iPad Pro to resolve this. We also did not like that the early set up used HVAC instead of Plumbing and we had to learn how to make the software more applicable to plumbing. This changed a lot since we started.

By FieldEdge on April 24, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback, Brian! We are continuously working to make improvements and add new functionality, and are happy to know that you see those results. We look forward to continue working together!
March 21, 2019
Darla C.
October 24, 2017

“We have utilized the ESC program for many years, and their customer support has always been great! ”

ProsThe program does just what we need. Any time I have had a problem, if it's minor, I chat online with them. I love the ability to do this because it's immediate and I don't have to wait for a call back! If it requires a phone call, they follow through with it and have always solved my problem timely.
ConsThe mobile laptop version our Service Manager tried to use was not good at all. But the version for tablets works very well! All our techs and the Service Manager can access our whole database from the field, which is extremely handy, especially at night and on weekends.
October 24, 2017
Jeannie W.
A/R Bookkeeper / Office Manager
February 18, 2015

“ESC Review”

OverallOur company used DESCO prior to the conversion to ESC. The conversion was quite a change for the people who were used to using the DOS version. We have been with DESCO since 1992. The folks in the IT Department at DESCO were key in seeing that the conversion went smoothly and our customer base, accounting and payroll were not affected by the upgrade. They walked us through each step and we have been using ESC with no difficulty since. I am constantly learning something new that this system will do. The effortlessness in scheduling customers and assigning technicians to service calls is astounding. The Electronic Dispatch Board (EDB) makes seeing how your day is scheduled in advance, trouble-free almost with just a glance you can see what time slots are available for scheduling. The accounting is straightforward. Keeping track of inventory costs on jobs is made much simpler. Having the ability to email customer invoices and statements is uncomplicated and saves a lot on postage. I like that ESC gave the individual company the ability to design their own invoices and make them more personal. Payroll was a little work to set up and learn to use. However, once all the information was put into the system, producing payroll is simple, right down to keeping track of company payroll expenses and generating W2s. Our company just started doing Direct Deposit for our employees two weeks ago, given that ESC has a section in Payroll for Direct Deposit, the ease of making those deposits is made even greater. I would highly recommend ESC. This software was written to accommodate everything you would need to support and run a service based industry. Also, the support offered by DESCO is amazing, they respond to your need for help in a timely manner, they are always professional and friendly, never make you feel dim and will stay with you until your problem is fixed. I am a fan!
February 18, 2015
Jo U.

“Updates Galore!”

OverallEverything has a learning curve. Once I moved past my perceived frustration and opened myself to the possibilities with the tools available, I have found this product is exactly what we were looking for.
ProsFieldEdge is helping us compete in the digital age. The tools offered in this software make it easier than ever to send reminders, keep track of our customers, and offer professional invoicing. The original on boarding process was easy but overwhelming for me. Once I reached out to my Customer Success Manager with my concerns or frustrations we were lined up with training's and phone conferences and email follow ups to make sure we are getting all FieldEdge has to offer. I am excited to work with a company and CSM that is so focused on customer satisfaction and helping me grow my business.
ConsIt seems to me that FieldEdge is becoming hyper-focused on their customer's needs. Things that frustrated me a month ago have either been addressed in updates or in trainings. As with most things, communication is everything. Once I started reaching out to my CSM and getting a better grasp of how the software really works I have found tons of tools and applications that will help grow my business. This is truly an "ask and you shall receive" type of customer service.
Andy P.
sales
August 22, 2016

“Tech Support at it's BEST”

OverallCustomer Success representative Is AWESOME.Why? Because he ALWAYS gets back to me with a Email or a Call. He Can walk you through any problem you might have on desco. we would talk as if we have been friends for years. that is how friendly he is. It doesn't matter if it is something small he Will not make you feel small, in fact, he'll give you tips or tools to help you with anything you might be having trouble with. It means A LOT to me to be able to get the help I need with a smile, and THAT'S What I get from REP !!

By FieldEdge on January 23, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to share this, Andy. Nelson is genuinely passionate and always happy to help. We consider ourselves very lucky to have him taking care of those who need a hand! Remember - we are always at your service.
August 22, 2016
Kelli D.
August 4, 2010

“ESC Comments”

OverallI would most certainly recommend ESC. The support has been great, they really know their product and truly wish to support their customers in a way that makes us happy. That says alot for a company, it means a lot when you dont just become a number after the sale is complete.
ProsI really like the ease of ESC, I have used several service software packages in the past and ESC is easy to use and was easy to program to our needs. We run several tech's and work in about 6 states so our needs can be a bit different than some service customers, but I have found that the customer service support that we receive from DESCO has been one of the main reasons that I can get the things I need done as quickly as I need to when I have a question. We are also using the mobile software and we absolutely love this function of the software, its given us so much more time to deal with other things in the office and taken us to a better tracking, billing and compliance system. I would honestly have to say the mobile software was one of the best decisions that we made and it has really moved us forward in the customer service/satisfaction department. And the best part was that the mobile software was super easy to set up and start using. I wish we had brought it on line sooner.
ConsI wish I had a bit more reporting features and I also hope to see the accounting package out of BETA soon so it will be something we can seriously consider. The peach interface works fine for us tho, but I would love the full package.
August 4, 2010
Anthony C.
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

“Awesome! ”

OverallFieldedge has had a positive impact on our business overall. Revenue has improved. Customer satisfaction is through the roof. Parts processing has become streamline. And we're just getting started. Fieldedge positions us to sell protection agreements easily because it starts the conversation. And as the technicians become more and more comfortable the ease of processing is proving to effect all aspects of the business. But I think my favorite part is when the customers comment on the automated heads up that the tech is on the way. We use a phone call alerting to a text message which leads the customer to go to an email that has a full bio of each Tech. As the customers rave about the automation I keep smiling. THANKS Fieldedge!
ProsCustomer reaction to the automated features. The Quick books link makes processing invoices and parts management Automated. Selling protection agreements is becoming streamlined as well. And the dESCO team, FieldEdge team has proven to be amazing in the ongoing process of improving our process which has improved the business Overall.
ConsWhen Microsoft had a flooded building it took us down. I was frustrated but watching the FieldEdge team create a proactive solution to allow access to our customers if it ever happens again causes me to hesitate to even talk about it. I have no complaints.
Stephanie L.
11-50 employees
August 4, 2017

“Overall, I think it is awesome. Has a few quirks however and tends to shut down on me.”

ProsI can manage payroll, inventory, customers, agreements, reports, everything from one place efficiently.
ConsShuts down on me when I work too quickly. Deleting a technician from a dispatch and saving too fast results in the program quitting. (It doesn't like quick key strokes.)

By FieldEdge on August 12, 2017
Hello Stephanie, "Awesome" sounds great! Thanks so much for your positive feedback. That said, it appears that you are a "fast mover" and have had some strange product behavior. Please reply via email as I am interested in seeing how we can improve your experience.
Lisa C.
Owner/CEO
May 5, 2016

“My company has used ESC for 2 years and it's been one our our BEST investments!”

OverallHaving had an18 year heating & cooling company, we were well pass the need for a great scheduling and dispatching software. We are so happy we were referred to the innovative folks at DESCO, and have been appreciative ever since. Finding software that integrate into Quick Books was the icing on the cake, and has saved me hundreds of hours of administrative time over the last 2 years. We integrated the software modules into our business one at a time, and then learned each as we went along. The online tutorials and other training resources are great for that. Hands down most remarkable though, is the experience I consistently have with the support team. To summarize, they respond amazingly fast, seem enthusiastic to help solve any issues we have, and are happy to remote in to do any "fixes" themselves. I never feel like a burden to them, just a valued client. I've even had a support technician create a report for me through Excel using my data from ESC. He remoted into my computer, and I watched first hand as he worked his magic. Within a few minutes, I had the report I needed to fully evaluate the different sales items I use, so I could truly evaluate the profitability of each one. Lastly, I feel like I am heard when I call. The support team is always receptive to my questions and seem thoroughly interested in my suggestions and feedback. Investing in this software is an absolute no brainer. I highly recommend DESCO and their ESC software to any company in the Trades. Lisa M. Coffy Owner/CEO Furnace World

By FieldEdge on May 6, 2016
Wow thanks Lisa! Like many of great customers, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding service each and every time. We're thrilled this has been your experience. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Pam L.
Office Admin
July 16, 2019

“GOOD SOFTWARE”

OverallVery good customer service. Easy to learn the way software works. Easy to make most changes.
ProsAbility to track customer agreements. Software integrations with QuickBooks and ArgoTrak (GPS).
ConsService interruptions and software maintenance are common.

By FieldEdge on August 1, 2019
We are so happy to hear this great feedback, Pam! Our teams run routine maintenance to help FieldEdge operate as smoothly as possible, and to regularly be able to introduce new and exciting features which will help enhance the overall user experience. We do our best to run these updates later in the evenings, to provide as minimal disruption to businesses as possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and for being a valued FieldEdge customer!
July 16, 2019
Melissa J.
Service Dispatch
Utilities, 11-50 employees
March 8, 2019

“Great customer service response”

OverallThis program is great for dispatching and has made the billing process so much easier! No more calling the technicians to get work orders complete! We love it!
Pros This program has made the dispatching from the office so much easier and more accessible both in the office and in the field. Our CSM, has been fantastic. She responds quickly and always helps in any way she can. We have had adjustments, but everyone has been more than helpful anytime we have called. Highly recommend for residential or commercial teams.
ConsWe are continuing to learn how to manage the agreements, but hopefully that will be fixed soon.

By FieldEdge on April 24, 2019
Thank you for sharing this great feedback with us, Melissa! We are so happy to hear that you have seen improvements in your processes and that you have enjoyed working with our team. Thanks again!
March 8, 2019
Connie B.
January 10, 2019

“Great customer service”

OverallDispatching and tracking calls has been much more efficient. It has allowed us to follow up and collect more easily both in the field and from the office.
ProsThe ability to access it from anywhere. The ease with which I can communicate with support personell. It integrates well with Quickbooks.
ConsI wish the reports were a little more comprehensive and user friendly.

By FieldEdge on March 14, 2019
We really appreciate your review, Connie! Thanks for sharing what you enjoy about FieldEdge and how it has helped your business!
January 10, 2019
Emily A.
Service Dispatcher
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
August 4, 2017

“Field Edge is an essential tool for any service company! ”

ProsEase of access to information for field techs and office staff! Being able to have all of our customer's history at the touch of a button!
ConsThere could be better options on the mobile software for better information access 24/7. I would love to see a more accessible management app.

By FieldEdge on August 4, 2017
Hi Emily! Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a "shout out"! 10/10 Rocks!! That said, we always want to improve so please reach out to the email provided as I would love to capture your product feedback in person! Thanks again!!
Tori B.
Head of Operations
1-10 employees
April 18, 2018

“Good experience learning the FieldEdge software. We use it every day.”

OverallThis soft ware allowed us to have everything in one program that we needed to run our business. From having client files, to dispatch with GPS, to linking to our quickbooks. Saving us time without having multiple programs.
ProsI like having everything in one program. From Client files, to GPS, to linking with our Quickbooks. This software program was very easy to learn. I am not the best on computers and learned and mastered this program in a very short period of time.
ConsAt times this program can be slow. Which makes things a little difficult when you have customers on the phone or multiple phone lines.
April 18, 2018
Laurie M.
Office Manager/co-ownerD. McKeon Heating & Air
August 4, 2017

“Best dispatching software I have used in 30 years”

OverallIt has more functions than our previous software especially the latest mobile applications for out in the field, etc. Mostly I have gotten more training than I ever have with past software companies on how to work with the software on daily dispatching/customer maintenance routines and the accounting functions. Feel less anxious in going forward into a new program because I feel they truly "have my back" on the journey of learning & mastering their program. If I have made a mistake that I cannot figure out how to solve they ease my fears and show me how to fix it quickly.
ProsThe customer support is absolutely the best! I am super impressed with how fast they contact you if an e-mail is sent requesting help, and they are very patient with explaining answers to my questions. Also the initial online training system is very impressive. They want to make sure new user are comfortable with how the software works. Never had a software program with such great support before.

By FieldEdge on August 4, 2017
Hello Laurie! What a fantastic affirmation of the team's hard work. Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your highly positive feedback! Especially considering that you are new to the family! Your kind words make our day! Remember, we are always here to help!!
Meredith W.
Utilities, 11-50 employees
April 20, 2017

“d'ESCO provides superior support!”

OverallThere are many facets to the d'ESCO program. Whenever I need help, I can count on the d'ESCO support staff to get me the answers I need. They provide immediate attention through their 'Live Chat' option. The support staff are extremely knowledgeable and consistently provide excellent customer care. I recommend both the d'ESCO program and their support staff!
ProsThe customer support.
ConsThat the support hours are east coast based and I am on the west coast, so they are not available at the end of my work day.
April 20, 2017
Rhett P.
Consumer Services, Unspecified
3.5/5
August 11, 2015

“Very happy so far, excited for the future!”

ProsESC has given us great support. From onsite, to their regional training to the personal assistance as we have needed it. We chose to implement at the worst time, or should I say the busiest time of the year for us. They have still been there, helped us through and every day we get a little excited about what it can do and what the future will hold as we progress and learn more and more about how it can help make our company more efficient.
ConsThe biggest quirk has been the accounting portion that we started using as well. I do love the fact that it is all together and does not have to "integrate" with another program, although it will. Its just requires learning something new, more like the old peach tree and not like quickbooks at all. That is not all bad, there are so many other things that it will do that the other cant so just learning something new was the initial challenge.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at your needs if you are looking for software, define those first. Then visit other companies of the same size or larger and see how the different software works for them. After that, evaluate your needs and wants again as i picked up tons of information on things that I did not KNOW that I needed for the future.
August 11, 2015
Autumn M.
December 24, 2018

“From outdated invoicing to Fieldedge”

OverallFieldedge has helped us keep track of techs, invoice on time, and collect payment immediately. Our best sales year yet! It has made of our office staff's lives so much easier!
ProsEasy to use, dispatching, field service, work order management. Great tracking services all the way through.
ConsSome things revert back after changing them in the customer's settings. "Agreement" section needs work. System has went down for hours maybe 4 times in the last year and a half we've had it. Some times the mobile app glitches out and our techs have to log out and log back in to get it working again.
December 24, 2018
Reid A.
Business Manager
May 5, 2016

“Has all the features to help you grow and outstanding customer support”

OverallWe began using ESC primarily to help with scheduling and managing HVAC service agreements. The software was VERY simple to learn in that regard, but offered much more than we expected. Having used the software for a few years now, it has helped to revolutionize everything from our dispatching style and the way we communicate with customers, to the way we bill out repairs and manage our contract work. The level of professionalism and service we are able to provide our customers has increased in a huge way, and the data we get from the software helps us to continue our growth while keeping a close eye on our team. While improving our processes has been huge for us in terms of growth, an important part of this investment was the customer service, and the ability to begin using this software QUICKLY. We soon found that not only is the software simple to use and learn, but the support staff is VERY responsive and has consistently helped me navigate a number of questions and improvements within minutes of me asking. Overall, we were able to achieve the goals we purchased the software for, and then elevate our company with the additional features that ESC provides. Their support staff helped us to get fully functional with the software very quickly, and I'm continuing to utilize new features as recently as this morning. We can't recommend this software enough!

By FieldEdge on May 6, 2016
Thank you for the review Reid! We always love hearing from our customers and how we're helping to improve their businesses. Our team prides themselves on providing fast, thorough, service to get companies up and running quickly. Thanks again!
Matt W.
December 10, 2017

“A Decent Program That is Getting Better”

ProsMoving away for Google Calendar for scheduling to FieldEdge has definitely helped with keeping track of our technicians and the visibility in the office. We have been able to respond to issues quicker and able to respond to customers faster. They do seem to be making rapid updates to the system.
ConsIt is a little slow going from screen to screen. Also, the work flow (or lack of) provides for confusion and unnecessary clicks. Customer support is good and responsive but a written guide with best practices for how to use the system is sorely needed. This program is good for the service side of business but leaves a lot to be desired on the new construction side.
December 10, 2017
Chelsey C.
Construction, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2018

“Making the Switch”

OverallBecause FieldEdge syncs with our Quickbooks every 8 seconds, we do not have to use any sort of "batch and sync" system (which is the manual process of going through the invoices and clearing them yourself...). This has saved us so much time! Overall, FieldEdge has exceeded all of our expectations. Their customer support is amazing. They are completely willing to devote even their personal time to make sure that our business runs smoothly. Highly recommend.
ProsThe thing that our techs and office staff love best about FieldEdge is how simple and easy it is to use. It can be nerve-racking switching to a new software, but switching to FieldEdge was a breeze. I highly recommend making the switch. It has made our lives so much easier.
ConsOur techs are used to seeing a dispatch board that shows where all of the other techs are and how those jobs are running. With FieldEdge, they only see the work that has been assigned to them. There are a lot of pros to this, as each tech only needs to be focused on the work that is scheduled to them, however, it is just going to take some getting used to.
November 29, 2018
Gail B.
February 15, 2017

“Answer to our search for cloud based”

OverallOur company had been looking for a cloud based software for dispatching Service Techs for our HVAC company-a few years back we thought we had found one. We had NOT-overall experience could not have been any worse. We have now been using Field Edge and a complete turn around-sync's seamlessly to Quickbooks in live time-Techs pleased with it, Admin staff pleased with it, owner pleased with it. Updates according to our requests are met in a timely fashion. The Tech Support Team are amazing-they suggest that all levels of our company's staff contact them-they respond QUICKLY and have the answers we are looking for and stay with us to be certain that we understand.
ProsThe support they give
ConsReally do not have any, maybe that they did not deveop it sooner............
Recommendations to other buyersDo not hesitate to get onboard-these folks are the "real deal"
February 15, 2017
Brenda V.
January 18, 2017

“ESC Customer Service”

OverallShelley has been such a great help this week! She has shown great patience while I learned a process.

By FieldEdge on January 23, 2017
Brenda, we are so grateful to you for giving us your time and for the opportunity to be of service. As a long-time member of our team, Shelley displays the greatest qualities for customer service and is just invaluable. We will always be glad to show you that same helpfulness and patience any time we can be of assistance. Thank you!
January 18, 2017
Jennifer L.
Construction, Unspecified
May 20, 2016

“Lots and lots of features, flexible for many industries.”

ProsComprehensive & quick tech support via chat or email, extensive knowledge base for questions. The software allows for extensive customization. I really like the ability to track the labor hours on each job, allowing for better job costing than some other software packages. There are so many features, we haven't even begun to take advantage of all of them!
ConsIf one user is invoicing a service dispatch and another user opens the same dispatch, the user doing the invoicing will lose all changes they have made, which can be quite frustrating. There is no warning to either user until it is already too late.
Recommendations to other buyersTake the time to really investigate all of the customizable features, you can really get this software to do pretty much anything you need it to.
May 20, 2016
Sue B.
Office Manager, Bookkeeper
May 21, 2015

“I haven't worked with the ESC program since 2005. I am learning something new everyday!”

OverallI attended a conference in Las Vegas in 2005, there was so much to learn in such a short time. But I decided not to work for my husband and went on to another job position. Due to an unfortunate death of an employee, my husband and I have teamed up again and had to learn how to use the ESC software. We spent long days and weekends learning the most important aspects of the program. For the last few months I would see the notice about the Mobile Upgrade Tab every time I logged into ESC. I was hesitant to do this Upgrade so we both started the process together then my husband had to go out to a job :( So I was left to finish this myself and get it done for the company. When I finished with the Server I continued to upgrade our other workstations. I asked our dispatcher to post an invoice to see if everything was working and linked to our Sage 50 program and it wasn't working... this is when I went into panic mode. But I knew that help was only a call away. It wasn't too long when Josh called us back. I explained my issue, he knew exactly what I needed to do to resolve the problem. I also had another issue on my husbands computer with Sage 50. Because these two programs communicate with each other and are so essential for our business he offered to take a look at the problem. My level of anxiety dropped once Josh logged into our system and started to do his thing. Josh found the root of the problem that the Sage 50 techs could not find for me earlier that day. I was so happy to have such an experience technician available for our company!!
May 21, 2015
Jeffrey L.
December 4, 2018

“FieldEdge for HVAC company”

OverallWe don't yet fully utilize all of what FieldEdge has to offer, however we are already saving time from our previous processes. The transition team was patient with our approach, and the implementation process was as smooth as we could have hoped (working around our schedule, as well as very detailed with our very cluttered existing system). There is no perfect system out there, but the "bang for your buck" with FieldEdge is very high quality, based on our experience with it, so far
ProsFieldEdge has made a system that streamlines things that our previous system (Wintac) made extremely difficult. The customer support team is top notch, and has been a good blend of helpful, while also being sure to push things forward to help get the transition done and any issues addressed. Every person I have spoken to within the company has been a pleasure to deal with.
ConsIt is built upon Quickbooks, and is subject to all of Quickbooks' flaws. Each issue that arises and causes headaches in Quickbooks will cause similar headaches throughout the FieldEdge platform.
December 4, 2018
Michelle C.
President aka Plumma Girl
August 7, 2018

“WOW! Who would have thought?!”

OverallI LOVE the support and quick response to our concerns and issues. The attitude of- We will make it happen! - is a BIG A++++++++++++. Keep up the great work and thank you for helping my business run smoother!!!
ProsLove the fact that our team can focus on using our skills instead of PAPER TO DOCUMENT every little move!!! We looked into DESCO over 10 years ago and I am kicking myself for not making the decision to purchase back then. Moving forward, we are stoked about the product and what it is going to do for us as a team. It is slick!!!!!
ConsI can't really say this is a con but it has been a struggle. The clock in clock out feature doesn't work like I thought it would. END USER ERROR!!!! I just can't get the crew to remember to clock in and out. So false times are an issue. Again, END USER ERROR. The cloud is amazing, I don't know how it works. Feeling spoiled so when there is a lag I tend to loose my POOP. (Rep talk for being impatient). Haven't seen it much, so that is a good thing.
August 7, 2018
Richard L.
March 8, 2017

“Its Here!”

OverallI have been a customer with their desktop version ESC for 10 years and was very happy with it, but now that I moved over to their cloud based system I absolutely love it!!! I can run my operations from any location because it is in the cloud and I can pull up my company from any browser. This is what I have been waiting for for years and the girls in the office love it. No more hosting it on our own servers and slow connection. FieldEdge knocked it out of the park! Richard Air One Air Conditioning & Heating So. California
ProsPros: It is cloud based and readily available from any browser and location. Up sell is a snap for the technicians because you are able to input up-gradable items and recommended items too take the pressure of selling off the tech and puts it in their viewable iPad for the customer to see. Up-selling to the next level is here.
ConsSoftware transfer and customer history takes some time and when transferring be sure to save your old software or paperwork for exact details to look up later. Remember that you are going to a new platform but its well worth it.
March 8, 2017
Katy K.
Installation Coordinator
February 14, 2017

“Everyday HVAC Use Review ”

OverallField Edge is continually adding special features that improves the ease of use. One of the features that is particularly helpful is the "suggested customer". When creating a new customer, it will pick up any similarities in existing customers which helps cut back on the annoyance of a duplicated customer. The Field Edge support staff is always there with a quick response whenever we need them.
ProsVery user friendly. The dispatch board is very simple to view and easy to use, and the Integrated phone system is proving to be a very helpful feature.
ConsHardly a con, however, the updates which are every couple of months come out with new features which sometimes take a moment to get used to.
Recommendations to other buyersTrust the change.
February 14, 2017
L. C.
May 11, 2016

“ESC Supports the needs of small business ”

OverallWe have been testing ESC for a long time and have now "gone live". The support team is always upbeat & enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. They have live chat, an organized system for requesting a call back (always same day) and a very good video learning library that is growing. For small business the price point is reasonable and the set up is straightforward. I would advise any small business owner to prepare internally before jumping right in to any new software program: get a reliable IT consultant for the short term, plan your capital expenditures from the beginning, know your business' work flow so you can implement a structure that makes sense right from the start, make a small scale test company that you can run along side your current system, and consider a few days of on site training. While that might seem like a lot to do, it is really the foundation you need for ANY kind of technology upgrade you might be considering. Planning pays off. It is not easy to find both reliable service industry software and support for small business. This company has both to offer.

By FieldEdge on June 30, 2016
Thank you not only for your kind words about us but the valuable advice for other businesses adopting new technologies and solutions. Making major enhancements or changes to your company is a challenge that deserves planning and foresight. We are thrilled that you were able to feel the support of our entire company standing behind you. dESCO is always cheering you on and thrilled by your success. As always, we are at your service!
May 11, 2016
Tatigh M.
April 22, 2019

“Excellent Software .... Amazing Support Staff”

OverallA very good experience. The excellent "user-friendly" software makes the duties of the technicians easier and more efficient. The entire staff is understanding to our needs and quickly recommends the best way to use the software to best benefit our needs. They provided the tools, training and support to make the transition go very smooth and have always been available for our questions.
ProsFrom the initial inquiry, FieldEdge Staff was very helpful with our training and transition to FieldEdge. The support team provided excellent training and assistance with our questions and concerns. After we "went live" the very knowledgable and friendly support was always available via the Chat Line. They quickly would address our issues and concerns. The ability to prepare reports and have access to statistics immediately is amazing.
ConsThere are none I can think of. My only "con" is that we did not use FieldEdge sooner.

By FieldEdge on April 26, 2019
Thank you, Tatigh! This is feedback we love to hear. We look forward to continuing to work together!
April 22, 2019
Logan S.
IT Manager
April 1, 2019

“Best Customer Support”

OverallThey have been responsive to our needs and we have been enjoying many of the new features. I would recommend having a clean quickbooks file from the start and the performance is better on iOS than Android.
ProsThey have good phone, chat and email support. Cloud based, we never worry about backups and it is easy to add users as they only need a browser.
ConsOnboarding was a little bit of a mixup but I believe it was because they were still new to working with Android and new to flat-rate pricing.

By FieldEdge on April 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Logan! We are glad to know you've taken advantage of the many ways you can contact us; we are always happy and eager to help!
April 1, 2019