Recruiterbox Applicant Tracking Ratings

Overall
4.6/5

About Recruiterbox Applicant Tracking

No Recruiter? No Problem! Recruiterbox strives to help companies automate the end-to-end hiring process, from posting a job to selecting the ideal candidate. Easily manage resumes for your company, attract candidates from a variety of sources, manage your careers page, collaborate with your hiring team, and generate hiring reports. Customers include Makita, Olark, Lonely Planet, and 2,000 more. Learn more about Recruiterbox Applicant Tracking

Nancy S.
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
June 27, 2019

“No refund”

OverallWe have spent two months trying to get it to work, invested a huge amount of time and money into it and couldn't get it to work for our process. There is a simple software change we need, however, they prioritise software updates on a numbers basis. As no one else needs it, this update is not a priority for them. This great for all the other users, but very bad and expensive for us.
ProsIt is attractive and relatively easy to use, you can adjust it to fit your hiring process.
ConsWe were given the impression they would create a particular customisation for us, or that it would work for our process. This turned out not to be the case. As a result we paid for an entire year up front, and now can't use the system at all. Their customer service person said: "I'm not indicating fault here. I am simply reiterating our policy that we do not offer refunds in instances such as this. " He also said: "we are more than willing to work with you to show you how you might maximize the feature at your disposal to help you make advancements in your hiring process. " However, when we implemented their suggestions on our process, we found applications were duplicated (sometime 4 of the same application). This caused all kinds of extra work for us and it was just a very small campaign. Sadly it meant the system was unusable for further campaigns as it would have created far more work than it would have saved. I'm sure for others it is great value for money, but for us, as a result of this, it has only resulted in costs - the original cost and the cost to us of trying to get it to work.
June 27, 2019
Sreekumar J.
Designated Partner
Information Services, 1-10 employees
July 23, 2018

“A lightweight and effective ATS for small businesses”

ProsRecruiting became a key responsibility area in mid-2016 with the emergence of expansion plans of my previous company. So far, recruitment was a once in a while activity as we were having a record employee retention rate. During 2015-17, I have received a special assignment, i.e recruitment efforts to fill many positions in the product management team on a war foot basis. Earlier we used to manage the recruitment cycle mostly around emails and tracing a particular transaction was so horrible. However, the recruiter box helped us to streamline the ATS without parking huge amount towards servers, deployment and licenses. I liked the usability portion. Recruiterbox deserves a huge applause for creating such a lightweight solution and great UX. The questions feature has helped to eliminate hundreds of job hoppers (Thanks Recruiterbox, otherwise we would have ended up in interviewing a lot of disinterested candidates) Another interesting observation is the amount of time the entire hiring team saved by focusing on a single tool. All activities including reviews, comments, scoring, recommendations inside Recruiterbox and no offline correspondence. We have made a practice of going to an interview room with a laptop to record observations and reviews, immediately. A newcomer to software services can also use this tool without any formal training. The feature to track referrals from internal employees is also a plus. Recruiterbox made the interview from home, hasslefree.
ConsNot finding serious dislikes with my experience with recruiterbox. A few observations are here. Maybe, the reporting and intelligence portion require a bit more focus. Pricing is not so high but at the same time is not that affordable for smaller teams, I think.
July 23, 2018
Igor R.
CTO
51-200 employees
November 28, 2017

“A great tool for managing applicants, interviews”

OverallWe were able to completely streamline our recruitment process.
ProsI use Recruiterbox for many years, almost since their very first version. This software came a long way and became a very powerful ATS. - Recruiterbox can parse attached CVs and extract information about applicant, skills experience etc. This makes CVs searchable by these texts. - You can configure custom workflow for every opening and define steps of your hiring process, outcomes. There are special steps for interviews and reviews, you can setup coordinator and actual interviewers. - Recruiterbox can sync with Google Calendar and create appointments for interviews. - You can communicate with candidates right from RB, configure templates to send responses like rejection letters etc. - Many other features... frankly I think it has just about everything recruiting / HR team may want.
Cons- Price is a bit on a high side. - No integration with Zapier, we can't easily bind it to our other tools (to onboard hired candidates for example). - Too simple integration with Slack - basically just notifications, no actions. - Doesn't feel like you have candidates database, it feels like after many years of using it we have just a bunch of CVs, not people. If the same person will submit CV three times - you will have three entries in RB, there's no way to combine them, it is not shown as 1 candidate -> 3 applications. I think this is the biggest minus of this software, it is not people-centric but more like "applications-centric".
November 28, 2017
Bree W.
IT Staffing Consultant
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees
September 23, 2016

“How did we ever survive before Recruiterbox!”

OverallI was hired on to provide recruiting backup, and when I covered for our recruiter one holiday last fall, I was shocked and horrified at the chaos of trying to manage everything via email. I started shopping around for the right ATS immediately. I tried out probably 8 or so systems, going round in circles with other vendors about walk throughs and limited trials and so forth. Recruiterbox had none of this...which was an amazing thing! No annoying calls from sales people. No limitations on the trial, which was an incredibly smart tactic on their part, because we ended up selecting the "Ferrari" of subscriptions and never looked back. It's like they trust that their product can stand on its own merits, and they don't need a sales team to harass you every few days. We really wonder sometimes how we could accomplish what we do now without the aid of Recruiterbox. A coworker recently asked me if I was in RB so I could look up a candidate. My response: "I LIVE in Recruiterbox." All day, every day, wouldn't have it any other way.
ProsHugely, endlessly adaptable to your specific processes. We're a temporary staffing company, and with some creative thinking and detailed questions to the support folks, we have created an exquisite database and invaluable tool. The technical support team is unlike anything our office has ever experienced from a vendor. We wish every support team could be even half as good as them. Immediately responsive, genuinely want to help solve whatever weird problem you're having. Their follow up if an issue that is not resolved to their satisfaction is astounding. I've received two and three follow up emails, them double and triple checking that everything is working fine now. They are always striving to grow and improve their product (we love being "pioneers"!!). Best part? Cost wise, even with the "Ferrari" subscription, their prices beat almost every other competitor. For those needing old-school peace of mind, this package also offers monthly, downloadable data backups. We feel totally safe in their hands. Love the job board syndication. Such a great added value. Also easy to customize and add the job feed to your own website via a quick piece of code.
ConsWish there was an option to quickly insert a signature line when writing an email to a candidate. One of our teammates requests a way to overlay a markup/highlight resumes in the viewer. Also wish we could view and/or manage the email subscribers for job posting updates, and give subscribers an option for frequency of job notifications (and maybe by job type they're interested in, like sorted by team?). We're being super picky here! :-)
Recommendations to other buyersThis product sells itself. Give it a try because there is literally nothing you can lose. You'll end up loving it!
September 23, 2016
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
May 2, 2019

“I LOVE RecruiterBox”

OverallVery positive!
ProsAs an HR Director this software changed the way we accept and process resumes. The software links directly to our company website and allows us great flexibility in the application process. Email communication with applicants is made easy through a template function and even provides an automatic email function when resumes are received. The software is very logical and easy to use. They have even helped in simplifying our hiring flow by making suggestions on how we have set up the process. RB customer service is excellent, they often ask how they can make the product better. I have seen my own suggestions implemented after one of their follow up calls.
ConsOne area that needs some improvement is the ability to look at archived applicants. We have work around when trying to refer a prior applicant to a hiring supervisor, but this is not an easy process. Additionally, if we have an applicant that is not eligible for hire, there is no way to flag this across the system. Applicants who apply for multiple jobs are linked, but there is not a way to share information between the linked occurrences, it must be done individually, which can be time consuming.
May 2, 2019
Ashley R.
Human Resources Manager
51-200 employees
March 21, 2018

“Easy to use and intuitive -- definitely an asset!”

OverallEase of recruiting, more accurate and efficient filing, ease of listing job opportunities.
ProsThe software is very intuitive. I rarely ever have trouble locating a feature or a setting. Everything is where you think it would be, and that is not always easy to achieve. If by chance you do need to reach out to their customer support team, you're in luck -- they are incredibly responsive and personable! This, too, is difficult to achieve. With this software we are able to pre-screen, sort, comment on, review, and set up interviews with candidates. You can communicate with candidates directly through RB, as well. I have found this to be a great filing tool. Now all communications, resumes, and interviews are filed within this database. Even if candidates do not apply directly through Recruiterbox (which links to your company's Careers page), it is easy to import a candidate from other sources. It is also relatively easy to reject candidates in large quantities by using a rejection template. Very cool features!
ConsDesktop notifications would be incredibly helpful, because with all of the candidates/applicants we receive it is often difficult to navigate through tasks and responses from these candidates. I have also noticed that selecting a large amount of candidates at once for any task can result in a frozen screen or incredibly long delay.
March 21, 2018
Stacey S.
Hiring Manager
Security and Investigations, 501-1000 employees
June 28, 2016

“No competition”

OverallThe #1 reason I have recommended Recruiterbox in the past and will continue to do so in the future is the unprecedented support they provide. Any time we have had an issue or a question or concern, their team has been lighting fast to provide the needed support. The staff at Recruiterbox make us feel as if we are their only client, and in today's marketplace, that is rare, indeed!
ProsIt sounds simple, but it this platform just makes sense. We all know how fast-paced recruiting is, and the ability to learn the software without losing momentum was a huge benefit. The time invested setting everything up on the front end was quickly recovered with all of the time saving features from resume parsing, candidate tracking, email templates, and more. And as our staff has grown, training new users on the software is a breeze.
ConsThe only thing that comes to mind is more of a preference from a previous version than a con. (Old habits) The recent upgrades with the hiring workflow are outstanding; however, it would also be helpful to bring back the drop-down menu that used to be anchored to the static header. It was much more streamlined to be able to change the stage after logging activity or sending an email without having to scroll back up to the top to change the stage each time.
Recommendations to other buyersMy advice would be to start using this software TODAY. The payoff is immediate! I've been a satisfied user for a year now, and I can't speak highly enough of the product and the service!
June 28, 2016
Brittney D.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees
March 29, 2019

“Simply the best there is out there!”

OverallI absolutely love working with Reruiterbox. I love all of the functions, having one place to review and screen all of my candidates without having to jump all over to look at resumes from different ads. The customer service here is hands down the best I have EVER experienced. They are increadibly fast at getting back to you and resolving your issue. They follow up with you to make sure your issue was resolved correctly. When I first started with this program I was thrown into it with zero training and I was able to reach out to a rep who provided me with tools to learn it along with doing a phone call with me so we could walk through some of my questions. We recently changed software programs for our HR/Payroll and the software provided a recruiting service. I check it out and could not make the change. Recruiterbox does everything I need without headache or hassle. If you are considering using Recruiterbox stop concidering and just do it. You will not be disapointed!
ProsThe ease and functionality of this software. It does everything scheduling an interview, evaluating that interview, emailing and making comments about the candidate.
ConsI really enjoy the software. I would like to see a function where you can label a previously rejected candidate with a flag warning of some sort when they reapply, for when we passed on them for one reason or another that will be in your face so you can notice it right away. Also, another feature would be nice is a No longer with our company with reasons such as left on good terms or Terminated something along those lines.
March 29, 2019
Bertold K.
Product Quality Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 2, 2016

“This Tool Makes Hiring w/ Many Candidates A Breeze”

OverallHiring for intern positions require us to sift through dozens of resumes. Bulk upload feature is a blessing as the tool can parse PDFs and populate profiles automatically. We love the integration capabilities and it was a breeze to add the job listings to our website. It is great that we do not have to request the website team to update the list of openings manually anymore. Receiving applications directly into the tool reduces the manual effort put into processing the applications. Configurable workflows are helpful. E-mail templates make communication with candidates super easy. Customer support is fantastic - majority of the time the resolution of an issue takes only a few hours.
ProsEasy integration into your website Applications go directly into RecruiterBox Bulk upload of PDF resumes Managing hiring process using custom workflows E-mail templates are time-savers
ConsCalendar integration in Google Apps is not working very well, but this is a minor annoyance only Sometimes the app has problem scanning the PDFs - s they are either not displayed properly inline or have some garbled text. The original resume can still be downloaded and viewed using a standalone PDF viewer application.
August 2, 2016
Stephanie W.
HR Manager
December 9, 2014

“Recruiterbox is so simple, intuitive, and now a staple in our hiring process!”

OverallI started using Recruiterbox about a year ago to help staff for hourly restaurant positions for new restaurants we were opening. I liked Recruiterbox because it was an additional option to learn about interested candidates in new cities, without them having to come into the restaurant during our job fair hours. It was also interesting to track the sources and see where are online candidates were coming from, so we could focus our spend on those sources. I soon transitioned into using Recruiterbox for some of our existing restaurants that were struggeling to hire hourly positions. I would set-up the restaurant and jobs, and the restaurant managers/sous chefs would login and screen candidates. It was so easy for those busy end-users to quickly navigate Recruiterbox, and reach out to those candidates for hire. When I was not on the unlimited plan, and had to manage the number of openings, my end-users did not want me to turn their jobs off!! They saw that much value in it. Support at Recruiterbox is amazing. They answer immediately, even if they're researching the answer. They're kind, and honestly the best help-desk I've ever dealt with!! Cons of recruiterbox: 1. They don't provide physical training materials, and they keep updating their website, (not a bad thing, but my training materials are already outdated) 2. I'm not technical enough to understand how to arrange my positions on the website by city or state. My jobs are currently listed in a random order 3. I can't brand the hosted website with our fonts, I have to use their standard font templates. It's very clean though 4. Doesn't post on Craigslist Pros of Recruiterbox: 1. Easy, simple to use, intuitive to teach to end-users 2. Excellent support team 3. Recruiterbox listens to your needs, and develops new features to meet the needs of their clients 4. Free hosted website 5. Posts to 5 websites organically With our unique restaurant brands, Recruiterbox designed a platform that worked for me to introduce all our restaurant brands on the website to help not only new restaurant openings, but existing restaurants staff. That tailored customer service is genuine, and they really came through for me. I've seen a lot of progress and growth with Recruiterbox in just 1 year's time, I'm looking forward to the many features and updates in 2015. Thank you Recruiterbox!
December 9, 2014
Kelly W.
Director of Recruiting
Government Relations, 201-500 employees

“Fantastic Service”

OverallWe have appreciated our relationships with RecruiterBox, even through some changes, and are always appreciative of their approach and service when we need assistance.
ProsThis company clearly has a "customer oriented" mentality, from feature requests, to education, to support, I always feel there is a concern for our needs and a genuine attempt to create a product that matches our goals. While I realize that this is not a custom software product, I think RecruiterBox is always looking to maximize the tool for the most users possible.
ConsThis is an off the shelf product that must measure the needs of all vs. a custom built approach. That said, there are times when we'd like features that don't necessarily make sense to the greater good. Despite this, we feel that they are attentive, approachable, and their customer service/interchange is fantastic, even when we don't get everything we wish for :)
Kelly W.
Recruiter/Project Manager
Management Consulting, 201-500 employees
March 31, 2017

“You guys are awesome!”

OverallFirst, the customer service team is amazing. They are responsive, friendly, and completely willing to take the time to understand any issues, and to see them through to conclusion. Every person that I have spoken to at this organization has been fantastic to work with. They are eager to learn how to provide more meaningful support and ease of use for our specific circumstances, even when I'm sure we don't represent the broader group in the way we utilize the processes and tools.
ProsFirst class customer service at all levels, not just the ones that are "supposed to" - We have not had a partner company more willing to work with us to find solutions.
ConsAs with all systems there are times when you are looking for individual tweaks. All situations can't be accommodated immediately, but even when they can't, I feel that they always are willing to find every possible way to provide service tailored to your needs. On the rare occasions when this isn't possible, I've always had great faith that it wasn't for a willingness to work towards the goal of meeting our needs.
March 31, 2017
Amy A.
Training/Hr Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
July 12, 2016

“Great way to manage recruitment - great service ”

OverallUseful tool for managing recruitment efficiently. I had an issue with The application form and the Recruiter box team were really helpful in helping me resolve the issue.
Pros At a quick glance you can see the stage of each of your candidates which is helpful when you have a large number of applicants and multiple positions running at the same time. You can manager interviews, cvs or any additional documents everything is all on the recruiter box which makes managing the recruitment process much more efficient and a lot less stressful.
ConsI have not found any negatives with using the recruiter box. At first it took me time to get used to the system but now I would not manage without, it really helps with the organisation of recruitment.
Recommendations to other buyersThe recruiter box saves you time and stress with its helpful organisational tools it really is worth investing in.
July 12, 2016
Mike L.
Director Global Talent
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
July 27, 2016

“Recruiterbox has been great!”

OverallWithout question Recruiterbox has been a great tool for me at Linaro. Prior to Recruiterbox all out managers would interview and send me emails and we had no system. Thanks for Recruiterbox several years later we have notes on every person that has interviewed with us. Have used many different ATS systems over the years and Recruiterbox is by far my favorite.
ProsCollaborative and I use it for everyone of our hiring manager and hiring team. Our costs are not increased just by wanting to add a new user. Just about every competitor to Recruiterbox charges per adding a new user license. That is not how they work and I love that. Considering using this but not positive feel free to reach out to me.
ConsThey have not flown me to California yet to meet the people that created this great software!
Recommendations to other buyersBuy it, use it, then eventually love it.
July 27, 2016
Parul T.
Technical recruiter
Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1000 employees
February 16, 2018

“ Extremely affordable for smaller and mid-sized companies”

OverallIf your recruiting team is not very familiar with technology, this software as a service is one of the best choices, since with the customer support team that they have, your team will be able to be auto sufficient in troubleshooting.
ProsVery easy to manage and track. It has made our recruiter process much more fluid and transparent.. Keep track of candidates and help one to track the hiring process. While the program has been fine tuned since we have been using it, and some of the changes have needed more changes, we are overall very happy with the product. They have been responsive to my feedback and that is important. Response time is good. The program organizes the hiring process very well.the free version is excellent. It contains all the core functionality for applicant tracking, it's only limited to a number of users (5) and applicants (200).Ability to allow multiple users have access to the same application in order to keep track of where they are in our process
Consyou had a great visual of which stages seemed to have a lot of apps built up and instantly knew where your attention was needed. They took that feature away and although you are still able to filter by stage, it is a pain and adds much less value.The search function works very poorly and inconsistently. If the stages you create in each opening aren't typed exactly the same, they won't stack and will act as completely separate stages
February 16, 2018
Rahul B.
COO
Sports, 51-200 employees
July 1, 2016

“The best Interviews, Candidate tracking and Recruiting Product ever! ”

OverallAwesome. Recruiterbox is hands down the best recruiting product I've used. It's really freed up hours and hours of my time and taken over a lot of manual work.
ProsStrong features, automates a lot of manual work and saves us hours and hours of tracking, interviewing, processing etc.. during all stages of recruiting. Has really freed up the team to do what matters and that's speaking with and spending time with candidates.
ConsUI is a little hard to use at first ... after training though everything is smooth. Could be a little more friendly on how the features and ui appears.
Recommendations to other buyersJust keep growing and yes, add People Operations functions too ... become the one software we need to track the entire lifecycle of an employee, from candidate to hired to employee and then more.
Andy H.
June 30, 2016

“Changed how we handle recruitment”

OverallWe tried a number of solutions for managing our pipeline of candidates, however Recruiterbox has consistently impressed. We went from a situation where there was little repeatable process to a highly-personalised workflow for hiring.
ProsFlexibility of the candidate management process. Notifications. The seamless experience and scheduling. Clarity of the overall hiring process. Getting candidates into the system is really easy.
ConsSome parts of the hiring process never are quite as linear as you would like, and it can be tricky to deal with those anomalies, however I've yet to see another piece of software that solved that well. Some parts of the agency management process are not fully customisable, and we have some specific internal reasons why that would be useful.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you have a bunch of candidate sources, have multiple people involved in the hiring process, or you presently manage recruitment from your inbox, this is a great bit of kit.
June 30, 2016
Taylor M.
Human Resources
Retail, 201-500 employees
March 29, 2017

“RB is a great price for what it offers, but could use some improvements.”

OverallRecruiterbox is still a great Applicant Tracking System (ATS), especially for how affordable it is. However, I've found I was much happier with the system 1 year ago than I am using it right now and hope they remove some of the "busy-ness" from the interface.
Pros- Extremely affordable for smaller and mid-sized companies - Ability to allow multiple users have access to the same application in order to keep track of where they are in our process. - Constantly implementing updates (sometimes a con as well) - Pretty intuitive and easy to use for the most part
Cons- Although they implement many updates, I don't view all of them as improvements. For example they used to have a Dashboard on the home screen that was one of RB's best features. You had a great visual of which stages seemed to have a lot of apps built up and instantly knew where your attention was needed. They took that feature away and although you are still able to filter by stage, it is a pain and adds much less value. Sometimes it seems they make it busier more complex than it needs to be in order to add value. I've used it for 3 years and have been disappointed with their updates in the last year. - The search function works very poorly and inconsistently. I can search an applicant's exact name at times and "no results found" is what I'll get. - If the stages you create in each opening aren't typed exactly the same, they won't stack and will act as completely seperate stages. For example, "BGC and DT" vs "BGC & DT" - The RB support is very prompt in resonding to your chat, however they've asked me for my feedback 3 different times on the same exact matter. They say they will pass it along to their engineering team and I don't hear anything more which makes me think it never goes anywhere. Even a later response saying "it was talked about but here's why it can't happen right now.." would be good enough.
March 29, 2017
Christina O.
Hiring Manager
Executive Office, 1001-5000 employees
October 10, 2018

“Going to give this a try! Need talented associates! Are they still out there?”

OverallExcellent! Would recommend to anyone! Great program and overall 100% satisfied!
ProsThe ease of use was the best thing for me! It is very easy to maneuver around and learn how to use! Also, the candidate base was a million times better than ZipRecruiter what I had previously been using! I actually have associates that show up to interviews now and that actually go to work that I can depend on! All because of Recruiterbox and the talent it provided me as a Hiring Manager! It is outstanding at tracking our usage and number of candidates who have successfully been hired through us finding them!
ConsThe only thing that I disliked was when I tried to use their Customer Service line. But other than that it has been a very useful and outstanding program to use! A+
October 10, 2018
Rahul B.
COO, Co Founder
Computer Games, 51-200 employees
August 13, 2018

“The right tool for every step of hiring”

OverallThe right recruiting tool for startups and small-medium businesses, as well as, Agile teams!
ProsWe started as a 2 man shop and as we grew, Reruiterbox was there every step of the way to help us with our growth. The features, reports, and most importantly support are all great! Recruiterbox helped us streamline our recruiting and gave us insights for every step in our process. The search function is extremely fast and really lends itself for one of the reasons why we use it so actively.
ConsOccasional bugs / kinks but nothing major. And everytime we've reched out to Customer Support they've responded with a resolution quickly.
Chris W.
VP, Technology & HR
Construction, 51-200 employees
July 19, 2018

“Product continues to evolve and support continues to be amazing”

OverallStreamlined our hiring processes, allowed us to reach more candidates, and reduced the time we have to devote to processing candidates by at least 50%.
ProsRecruiterbox is easy to setup and get moving with. When I'm asked to post an opening I can be done in less than 5 minutes most times. In the 4 years I've been using Recruiterbox I've seen the product continue to evolve and the company is great about receiving customer feedback and being honest about whether a feature request is likely to see daylight. The only time I had an issue they were incredibly transparent about the reason for it and did a great job of keeping me informed on when it would be resolved. They love their customers and it shows. I can't say enough great things about them.
ConsSince I have to put something here I'll say that it's not as customizable as Salesforce. Then again you wouldn't expect it to be. But there are times that I want to do something that is an edge case at best and I can't.
July 19, 2018
Rachel S.
Office Administrator
Internet, 11-50 employees
July 22, 2016

“Incredible support from the team”

OverallOur company was thinking of new ways to move our HR system online, and we came across Recruiterbox with our first click. The support we found from the team behind Recruiterbox was incredible - we actually didn't expect to have our emails answered within the first few minutes of sending them. They even adjusted our plan to fit our needs, and were of great help along the way. They took everything we asked into consideration, put them to work and integrated them into the final product which we're currently using. The software is so easy to use that it made the handover process to my other team members relatively quick and I was able to answer any questions raised instantly, due to the fact that I was provided the information from the Recruiterbox team prior to giving the handover. We also chose this software because it fit our budget. Our company offers software development, hosting and digital marketing services, and we're a team of roughly 25 people. The system was integrated beautifully with our website, and it also allows us to add recruitment agencies to the system which was also a huge plus.
Pros- ease of use - extremely supportive team - possibility to add recruitment agencies to use the software - any customisations we needed were implemented - fit our budget
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend Recruiterbox. From an HR perspective, it made the recruitment process so much smoother and easier that I no longer see it as a tiring task (forwarding emails, replying to candidate, scheduling interviews which won't take place at the same time as another meeting, etc) as it's all automated and the staff quickly got the hang of it.
Rachel B.
Accounting, Unspecified
November 25, 2014

“Good product for the price and continuously improving”

ProsI have been working with Recruiterbox for 2 years now, and there have been many upgrades and improvements to the product. I like that they are continually improving and that if I have an issue, I can send a "help" question directly to one of the developers who will work to fix issue quickly. This is a very robust tool for the price, and it integrates nicely with our website. Additionally, being able to have monthly subscriptions to the service is great. There are no contracts, which means we can scale up or down based on our current number of openings.
ConsI would like to see more comprehensive reporting functions and search/contact functions. For instance, the search functions have dramatically improved over the past couple of years, but I am not able to mass disposition or reassign, etc. Those actions need to be done within a specific job that the candidate is assigned to. This can be frustrating when sourcing for candidates that have previously applied but who you want to keyword search to find fits with new opportunities. Additionally, I would really like if when you did keyword searches, the words were highlighted in resumes. I am able to do this manually with Ctrl-F, but automatic would be nice.
Recommendations to other buyersDo a cost benefit analysis based on features, and keep in mind that you don't have to sign any contracts with Recruiterbox so you can scale your usage up or down based on need as many times as you like. This is good, and I believe that, coupled with ever improving functionality, makes Recruiterbox a good option for HR/Recruiting departments who are looking to implement a fairly simple ATS.
November 25, 2014
Pete E.
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2019

“A Must-Have for Recruitment Quality and Time-Saving”

OverallIn case you hadn't noticed, I LOVE this software. It means I recruit NOW rather than putting it off until I have time to come up with a process.
ProsThis software revolutionised our recruitment process - it was exactly what I was looking for. We recruit maybe twice a year and, previously, I would have to find an old spreadsheet, remind myself what I'd done in the past, copy it, decide it needed changing, yadayadayada... Recruiterbox does everything I need. It makes advertising the job simple (we commonly use LinkedIn and Indeed, both of which have yielded a good crop of candidates) and quick, and I can manage the candidates through the whole process with a minimum of input. I can see a glance where people are in the process and I can pinpoint the information I need at a stroke.
ConsWhat's not to like? Sure, there are some small interface tweaks that might make things slightly better, but if anything had really bothered me, I would have contacted the developer to ask for it.
September 11, 2019
Jenna Y.
HR Manager
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
July 21, 2018

“Best Applicant Tracking for the Price. ”

Overall- Streamline recruiting process. - Eliminated use of paper processes. - Increased our followup with candidates - Allowed hiring managers/interview team/ HR Facilitator all know where were are in the process of recruiting in real time
ProsThis system is very intuitive. Allows tracking for all stages of the recruiting process, with effective followup procedures. Easy for all our managers to use!
ConsRecruiterbox could do better letting us know how their upgrades affect the features in the system. Sometimes you do get a little surprised because the system was given a facelift of a little upgrade and features are moved around. 99% of the upgrades have given better functionality, but it would be good when you open the system, there's a popup or something that gives you notice of the changes. Other minor con: when our staff signs up it always seems to put them in random time zones and so when we send out calendar invites, the times listed on the invite are very confusing.
July 21, 2018
Esther M.
Recruiter
11-50 employees
December 18, 2017

“Excellent tool!”

OverallOverall an excellent candidate management tool that allows for group communication, scheduling interviews and keeping all information about candidates in one place.
ProsThis is a fine program that does exactly what it is supposed to do. Keep track of candidates and help one to track the hiring process. While the program has been fine tuned since we have been using it, and some of the changes have needed more changes, we are overall very happy with the product. They have been responsive to my feedback and that is important. Response time is good. The program organizes the hiring process very well.
ConsThere have been a lot of changes to the program since we have been using it and I liked it better when it was a little simpler. I have found functions hard to find at times.
December 18, 2017
Charlie S.
Sr Operations Manager
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
April 18, 2017

“Great Applicant Tracker”

OverallIf you're interested in using this product, the free version is excellent. It contains all the core functionality for applicant tracking, it's only limited to a number of users (5) and applicants (200). As a small organization, we lasted us a solid year before we decided to upgrade.
ProsThis software is really easy to use. The layout and user interface are quite excellent - everything is right where I expect it to be. I have used it with my HR team, and also with managers who don't do much hiring, and all of them have had no problems using it. It is a great organizational tool, it properly highlights applicants who might have applied for a job with us before, basing it off name, phone, and email address. No more ctrl+f and a giant spreadsheet.
ConsReally the only downside is that there are only 2 types of users, administrators and basic users, both of which have the ability to work on files and contact applicants. I would like another level of user which would allow people to view files, but not interact with the workflow or email out to applicants. I have a specific user in mind who wants oversight, but doesn't always do software well.
April 18, 2017
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 6, 2016

“Recruiterbox makes global recruiting easy”

OverallOn any given day, I may be interviewing for roles in the UK, Australia and the US. The features in Recruiterbox make it easy to handle the many tasks involved in recruiting. I especially appreciate the ability to create templates for repetitive tasks. It's also easy to add other users to the platform in order to share information about a candidate. A great, time-saving tool. You guys have thought of everything!
ProsSharing with a global team is really easy with Hubspot. It's also very easy to contact candidates and keep track of activities.
ConsReally can't think of anything negative to say about this product.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you need to recruit and hire and have a globally dispersed team, Recruiterbox makes it easy. Also, Recruiterbox integrates with your website and with job posting boards to eliminate the hassle of having to post a job in multiple places.
Renate G.
HR
Media Production, 51-200 employees
July 4, 2016

“cheap, easy to handle, with little restrictions to the BIG providers”

OverallReally easy to start with, supereasy to understand for every recruiter AND every department lead etc. (which is even more important), webbased , flexible on the price, REALLY very cheap, no installation costs or issues.... it's like registering on amazon :-).
ProsGood value for money, webbased, easy to handle
Consmobile not usable :-( , can't have two people on one "stage" (e.g. first interview with candidate), missing a kind of "out of office reply" - but that could be an individual problem as we don't feed the recruiterbox directly, only by forwarding from our jobs-inbox...
Recommendations to other buyersMake a 30-minutes-training 1:1 with every department head who will use it her-/himself and find a common understanding of your own recruiting behaviour and processes for a position that suits you, the stages suggested by the recruiterbox a JUST a suggestion !
July 4, 2016
Gleb S.
CEO and owner
August 14, 2018

“A tool for a quick and stable team growth”

OverallWe are using RecruiterBox to expand our IT team. As almost every candidate is a "soft person", we have to track every little piece of information and not repeat ourselves to attract the candidate. We have been using this tool since 2015 - strongly recommend.
ProsThe feature of building and customizing our own pipeline depending on an opening. Integration with google calendar also helps to schedule the interviews with all reviewers and gather feedback afterwards.
ConsUsers with a role Team Member cannot add Social Footprint manually, only Admin can do that.
August 14, 2018
Aleksandra R.
August 9, 2016

“Absolutely amazing! ”

OverallA very convenient and user-friendly ATS! I've been using it more than a year and I see how the product grows and develops! It's like when you have just a thought that some feature would be great to have, but they have already implemented it! And I am very happy with the customer support - all questions are solved almost immediately! And the system is so adjustable - you can build separate hiring workflow for every opening if you need.
ProsVery easy to use ATS! If you have a newcomer, there is no necessity to waste a lot of time in training as the system is so intuitive and user-friendly. You can see that system constantly grow and develops as the new features are introduced or some old features are being re-designed to become even more convenient to use.
August 9, 2016
May 3, 2016

“Most intuitive hiring software”

OverallRecruiterbox delivers all the best features any modern ATS provides but doesn't require your whole company to be trained on ATS software - this is huge! Your interviewers and hiring managers don't need to remember a username/password because Recruiterbox delivers all the information necessary for them to conduct an interview securely over email. HR coordinators can get to work quickly thanks to the intuitive design & layout. Everything is where my brain naturally expects it to be; I can't think of any better compliment to the interface than that! According to Recruiterbox one unexpected consequence of this is that they can offer 24x7 technical support free of charge. I didn't find another ATS company that offers the same so I figure it's worth mentioning.
Prosbest careers widget of all ATS providers (none of their branding on your site & blends in perfectly with the look and feel of my own site), excellent support (24 hours a day 7 days a week, and yes they respond on weekends - I tested), easy to use, structured hiring workflows + auto email templates are a life saver!
Consthey support most popular job boards but i'd like to see them add monster as well (outside of the custom posting option they currently support)
May 3, 2016
May 20, 2019

“Awesome tool for recruitment”

OverallWe have gathered a lot of information about the candidates since 2014 till now. RecruiterBox helps us to increase the loyalty level of our candidates by reminding every little detail about the candidates.
ProsNothing can get lost. One can store every single fact about both candidates and already hired employees. Very easy to customize the pipeline.
ConsOnly administrative role can change the social footprint on a candidate's page. I wish it could be done by a recruitment manager also. Everything else is perfect!
May 20, 2019
Keith G.
July 1, 2016

“Reliable, efficient and fast - not just the product but the support as well”

OverallEverything works just as you expect. Virtually no bugs, but if you report one, they will respond within seconds and fix the bug within hours.
ProsMakes my job as a recruiter significantly easier. I save a lot of time and I know that no candidate will fall through the cracks.
ConsThe software is not optimised for European and non-English based companies. CV parsing makes more mistakes with non-English CVs. European data privacy rules are not supported. Integration with headhunters is quite rudimentary at this stage.
Recommendations to other buyersThe support team at Recruiterbox is a dream. It's exactly how support should be done. Friendly, competent, personal and blazingly fast. I've forwarded some of their responses to my own support team so that we can pick up some tips.
Jeff S.
Vice President, Operations
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
June 29, 2016

“A lifesaver for those who hire”

OverallWithin the past two years, we've shifted our hiring practices from reactive to a proactive approach of "always be hiring". Recruiterbox has played a pivotal part in enabling us to manage the constant inflow of applicants across multiple departments and positions. For both workflow and information management, the software can't be beat.
ProsEasy-to-use and customize to fit company practices and/or individual position needs Quick plug-n-play feature to connect hiring to your existing website Easy to share postings across multiple online platforms (social media, hiring boards) Quickly identifies applicants who have applied before
Recommendations to other buyersUse it. Thank me later.
June 29, 2016
Sunil P.
Founder and CEO
July 22, 2016

“Easy to use, Powerful and Flexible Applicant Tracking System”

OverallWe at SignEasy, have been customers of Recruiterbox for at least 2 years. We were a team size of 5 people at that time and have grown to over 20 people, by using their software to keep track of candidates, managing the pipeline and moving applicants to ultimately hire and no-hire stage. What differentiates Recruiterbox is their excellent customer support, flexibility to configure the hiring workflow as per our company's needs, collaborative workflow, rich feature set and continuous releases to improve the experience, and capability of their software.
ProsThere are some features that stand out: - Interview feedback reporting - Interview scheduling - Ability to attach multiple files like resume, portfolio, code, designs etc - Email integration and templates
ConsSome things they can improve upon: - Better mobile support (web or native) - Some resumes in PDF don't render properly.
Tannen G.
Manager, Talent Acquisition
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
June 4, 2018

“RecruiterBox is cheap and the support is ONLY by email. NO real human will ever help you.”

ProsThere are very few pros for this ATS. There are better options available for a lot less money. It is easy to figure out because it doesn't have many features. They made me fill this section out, or they wouldn't take my review. Other then it is simple to figure out - because it is not a very robust app, I have nothing good to say about this product.
ConsHow would you like to get the same 10,000 emails in on day? RecuiterBox sends me 10K of the same email in one day. Then when I asked for supports help, I received an EMAIL, not a CALL saying - Yea we noted his happened. Won't happen again. I hate this product and the nonexistence service. They raised their rates and hadn't upgraded the product. I have complained, begged, asked nicely, screamed, and nothing has changed. There are better options for ATS - I highly suggest you look at anyone other than this one. They have lost notes on candidates, canceled interviews for no reason, and lock hiring managers out of seeing the candidates notes, so you ALWAYS need to double your work to cover your butt. We are moving to ADP and I couldn't be happier. Maybe as my parting gift, they decided to make my life more miserable than they already have - and sent me 10,000 emails as my parting gift. I wouldn't put it past them. Of course, NO ONE will CALL me even after reading this review - I bet you 10,000 emails they won't even bother. You have been warned - do not buy this ATS
June 4, 2018
Corene S.
November 9, 2016

“Very easy to use and customize”

OverallI needed to step up from spreadsheets and start interacting and building relationships with our candidates. I also needed to have access to reports for my bosses other than a count box in a spreadsheet. This platform allowed me to customize the hiring stages, tag hiring campaigns, and track where each candidate is in the process. They share great articles on their Facebook page to help you connect with your audience.
ProsOur team is connecting and keeping in touch, a more personal approach to onboarding to retention. We can then track where we're losing candidates, where we need to hone up our efforts, and to monitor the efficacy of our recruitment efforts. I've had prompt, excellent customer service.
ConsI love that there is a $20/month option, but with that you lose the perks of not mass emailing, or bulk changes, you have to do that individually. I'd rather do that than pay the extra $$, though.
Recommendations to other buyersI don't know why I didn't do this sooner.
November 9, 2016
Laura C.
October 4, 2016

“Very useful and usable!”

OverallOur office has been beta testing this product and we are now moving towards company wide adoption of the system. We have been using Recruiterbox for our office hiring for about a year and it has been an invaluable tool for our company. We typically get over a hundred applicants for a single open position, and the adoption of this system has made sorting through all of them much easier and more streamlined. It is very user friendly, inexpensive and makes sorting through the hundreds of applications received as easy as possible. We are able to have multiple people review applicant groups, mark applicants for easy sorting, and easily move applicants through the stages of the hiring process. The best aspect of using Recruiterbox for us has been the amazing customer support. Utilizing the "live chat" support option, you can easily message with a representative to get questions answered or to provide feedback about any problems you might be having. Fixes to any problem seem to be made within hours and whenever there isn't an easy answer to a question, the representatives send an email follow up when they find a solution. The level of responsiveness is one of the greatest strengths of this program, and you can tell that they take every suggestion into consideration when improving their product. Each upgrade that we have seen the system go through has made big improvements, and I do not doubt that it will continue to improve even more as time goes on. Highly recommended trying out this system for hiring as it has definitely been an easy time saver for us!
October 4, 2016
Kelly S.
HR Director
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
October 8, 2018

“Never disappointed, always happy with the product, 4 years, and going strong!”

OverallThank you for producing such a great product!
ProsEase of use, functionality, appropriate upgrades, accessibility, smart software. High quality with an affordable price.
ConsI am open minded and can navigate my way through any system. If I think of something that I would like to see, I typically see what I am looking for in the next upgrade.
October 8, 2018
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees
August 20, 2018

“A decent ATS for full-cycle recruiting”

OverallOverall, this is an above average software that hits all the necessary needs of the recruitment lifecycle. Great for smaller/start-up recruiting practices or freelance recruiters.
ProsRecruiterBox is a user-friendly way to manage resumes, open job requisitions, and recruiting pipeline. Simplified format, allows you to upload multiple resumes at the same time, and filter candidates and organize folders. Decent application integration with other ATS systems.
ConsFree version is very limited, so you will likely have to pay to experience it's full potential. Pricing is a little high, but not bad compared to similar services. I'd like to see a better mobile application as well.
August 20, 2018
Randeep K.
Digital HR manager
Mining & Metals, 10,001+ employees
August 15, 2018

“A smart tool apt for small firms to schedule interviews and get hiring done with ease.”

ProsOne of the most attractive features is that the application can analyze all the attached resumes and retrieve information about education, skills etc. We can configure the workflows based on the vacancies and openings, and we can even design all the steps of the hiring process along with their outcomes. The application syncs with Google calendar and thereby schedules appointments for an interview. The customer service team is very genuine and responsive. You can easily enter your firm's job feed. The application helps to screen, sort and add comments and you can easily import a candidate from various sources. The rejection templates that you can use to reject candidates all in a go, helps in saving a lot of time.
ConsAn option to highlight a few resumes would be superb. The absence of an option to insert signature lines.
August 15, 2018
Carolyn H.
Founder and CEO
December 21, 2017

“FAN”

ProsI have been a user for 5 years, and a couple things stand out about Recruiterbox. The customer service is extremely responsive. And this software is easy to use for key functionality for almost any user.
ConsThis is not a fully automated as resume parsing, automatic rating. I would also love to see some text integration.
December 21, 2017
Alvin A.
Board Member
Computer Software, Unspecified
May 26, 2015

“Simple & Easy to use ATS”

ProsRecruiterbox solves the pain for me when hiring. Traditionally, we put up a job posting and get a bunch of resume that we have to sort & filter through. With Recruiterbox, we're able to effectively and efficiently categorize all the resumes that we receive into different stages, similar to a sales funnel. The ability to segment candidates & incorporate comments after each interview with our hiring team makes my hiring so much easier.
ConsIn the past, their note taking section was a little bit too small (I took notes on my laptop's notepad and paste it under each candidate's profile). They have since updated it and made it so much better.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are quite a few ATS out there though the criteria that we look for are based on ease of use, simple UI, price and assistance to disseminate job posting to other job boards. Recruiterbox exceeds my expectations on every checklist that we have and we enjoyed using Recruiterbox ever since.
May 26, 2015
Jacklyn A.
Recruitment Associate
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
July 9, 2019

“Very Happy Customer!”

OverallIt has been amazing and when given the chance I totally endorse this program. So user friendly and amazing
ProsThis software is forever innovative. They keep changing as the market does. They really care about their customers
ConsIndeed's resumes looked chopped, and do not display their education properly
July 9, 2019
Efrain Elias R.
Business Development Manager
11-50 employees
June 13, 2018

“One of the best ATS out there!”

ProsIt's very organized and easy to use. We can manage all our positions very quick. The reports are also great indicators of our work.
ConsThe calendar feature could be better. We struggle a little as we do not use a compatible email provider for the calendar feature.
June 13, 2018
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
November 24, 2016

“Great recruiting app with amazing customer service”

OverallWe've been using recruiterbox for about 7 months now to manage full time hires for our small startup as well as remote contractors who apply to mentor people through our website. Recruiterbox is useful in helping us manage applicants in one place, the pricing is great and the customer service is amazing. Every interaction I've had with someone there has been wonderful -- they've even made small changes to their product in days after I've emailed to point out something that wasn't working for me. Great company!
ProsEasy to use product that helps organize recruiting process for our small team and killer customer support/service.
ConsI think their UI could be a little more intuitive.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely give them a shot!
November 24, 2016
Bryon B.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
October 6, 2016

“Recruiterbox is a great tool and getting better”

OverallWe have used Recruiterbox for more than a year now and it has changed the way we track our candidates and pipeline. We used to dig through emails, resume folders, one note pages or whatever and we were never sure where things were or what happened with Candidate X or Y. We now have full visibility to our candidate pipeline, status and next steps. They provide easy ways to create openings and our website can easily integrate with it. It has always been stable and they are adding new features and improvements all the time. For a company who is growing as rapidly as we are, it has been critical to our hiring success.
ProsSimple to use Easy to compartmentalize sensitive data (like salary discussions) Great workflow Great integration with email flows, where I can respond via email and all correspondence is captured in the tool on each candidate. Nothing gets lost Integration with our Open positions on our website as well as hiring tools like Monster, Dice,etc
ConsI don't really think it has cons for what it is. I would love it if they could expand their product to also manage employees after they hire, an HRMS functionality. Reviews, goals, reminders for development activity, places for them to sign/agree to company policies or whatever. I would pay extra for that, as long as it doesn't detract from them making the current product work as well as it does.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are not using anything yet and trying to manage the hiring workflow, this is a great value.
Pardeep M.
Sr Technical Recruiter
Staffing and Recruiting, 1001-5000 employees
January 3, 2019

“Review for Recruiterbox”

OverallVery Good
ProsWe can maintain all resume over one platform. Very easy to use, everybody can be familiar with this within one week.
ConsA less famous in recruitment industry and can get more faster results as well. Rather than that everything is fine.
January 3, 2019
Chelsea M.
Scribe Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
February 26, 2018

“The place for recruiting! ”

OverallRecruiting is beautifully easy now!
ProsI am not a recruiter, but I do manager our incoming workforce via Recruiterbox! I love how easily each hire is laid out with all of their paperwork and notes from the recruiter. It really allows us to bridge the gap between recruiter and manager. Our employees have reported applying for the position via Recruiterbox to be easy as well!
ConsIt can be clunky when you are auto importing emails into Recruiterbox, especially with regards to email signatures. Resumes sometimes come in with a funky format, but hey, the candidate should have used a PDF like everyone else.
February 26, 2018