CareCloud Ratings

Overall

About CareCloud

CareCloud Charts is a comprehensive, cloud-based Electronic Health Record solution that easily adapts to a practice's workflow. Charts helps physicians become more productive and profitable, while maintaining adaptability and adjusting to the frequent changes in healthcare reform. Our MU-certified EHR that features real-time patient flows, rich patient summaries, built-in templates, and time-saving clinical documentation to help you treat more patients every day, more efficiently. Learn more about CareCloud

Carlos S.
February 26, 2013

OverallWe are a three physician rheumatology practice in Miami Beach, Florida and have been electronic since 2004. Our experiences until CareCloud were frustrating, to say the least. Our previous EHR/PM system was horrible, despite being one of the biggest names around. It was (and remains) a legacy system, saddled with screens that were full of checkboxes and devoid of any intuitive menus. Simple tasks would take multiple clicks, and that's if you spent hours doing the training to learn what those clicks were. Our accounts receivable was ballooning, the result of a practice management system that would reassure us that claims had gone through, only later to learn when drilling down that they were still being held by the system or somewhere lost by the clearinghouse, which was another nightmare. In short, we were through with this system. It took a lot to decide to move on to another system (there is quite a bit of inertia to overcome, to say the least), but I can honestly say, looking back, that switching to CareCloud was one of our best decisions last year. In terms of the practice management side, I am no longer in fear that my billing staff will quit on me. The interface is intuitive, adjustments are easy to make, reports are easy to generate, and most importantly, our AR is now back to our target. Our clean claims rate to Medicare is over 97-98%, in part, thanks to CareCloud. Electronic remittance advice is autoposting for nearly all payers (in our old system, we were manually posting most of the time because we could not trust the software to autopost correctly!). As far as the EHR is concerned, I went into this understanding that CareCloud had just launched their EHR just a few months before I switched. The weakest link is probably its note composer. It should be a bit more structured. However, for me this works out perfectly, since the HPI and Impression and Plan are dictated by me using Dragon voice-recognition software. I've been told by the higher-ups at CareCloud that there is an entirely new revamp of the note composer that will fix all the weaknesses of the current one which should arrive any day now. I can say that the e-prescriber is far better than 2 previous ones I've used before. Looking up a pharmacy is intuitive and quick, and I haven't been called by a patient or pharmacy once to tell me the e-Rx never arrived. The scheduler is intuitive, easy to use. Many of my follow up notes are similar (we deal with chronic problems), so that it was important for me to be able to copy the old note into the new one, then make adjustments. We're able to do this with the simple click of a button. The whole interface is intuitive. I was pretty much set to go with about 3-4 hours of training, very different from the other systems that I used. I sort of liken this to the difference between working an iPad vs. an old PC running DOS. The last thing I want to mention is support. I have been very skeptical about promises previously made. Half the support questions in my old system could not be figured out by the vendor, so my ticket got turfed to someone on the other side of the world. Needless to say, this was a nightmare, as those support staff had nary an understanding of Medicare, BCBS, Cigna, etc. It was incredibly frustrating. With CareCloud, whenever I run into a glitch I take a screenshot of the window I'm working on and email it to support, with resolution usually within the same day. They are also responsive to phone calls, and I don't get turfed to someone on the other side of the world that doesn't understand our medical and reimbursement environment. My billing staff and I have been very happy with CareCloud's support. Lastly, I kind of figured out one of the reasons why CareCloud has to be able to deliver and why I'm convinced that they will. They are pay-as-you-go, so the onus is on them to deliver, otherwise, not I nor anyone else have any obligation to stick with the system. I made the mistake of signing a lease for my old system, for which I am still paying the remainder of the lease. I would strongly recommend to anyone else looking for an EHR/PM to avoid signing any lease or purchase contract. I would like to make a specific mention of two stellar members of the CareCloud team, Elizabeth Kormesser and Michael Pepe. Elizabeth got us up to speed with both the EHR and PM and did a tremendous job of helping us fix the world of hurt that we were in early last year (2012). And Michael Pepe did a phenomenal job of making sure that we were ready to report for Medicare's first phase of meaning use. Looking back, man am I happy, satisfied, and once again, sleeping well at night!
February 26, 2013
Jennifer L.
June 25, 2016

“Have used CareCloud since Day One of my private Dermatology practice”

ProsCloud-based, easy to use. Can log on easily in seconds from home computer or laptop. Reliable, easy for staff to learn how to use. Great for tracking product sales, analyzing revenue, charges, etc... Text reminders for patient visits very convenient. Seamless integration with my eHR (Modernizing Medicine) - that's perhaps the most important aspect for us.
ConsSmall detail but not insignificant for us- with the text reminders for appointments, if a patient wants to cancel their appointment, they're unable to do so the way CareCloud is set up now. This leads to no-shows for us because CareCloud can't reflect the patients' desire to NOT confirm their visit and cancel the appointment. We have noticed errors when CareCloud records remittances. Only brought to our attention in certain cases when patients have asked about their bill, and when we reviewed their insurance payments/remittances, we noticed blatant errors during entry from CareCloud staff. Would be near-impossible for us to investigate how often this happens. Wish CareCloud had better payment options for patients (to directly logon and make payment that would record accurately in their charts).
Recommendations to other buyersObviously, try a bunch of programs, test-run them. I needed a practice management system that bridged easily with my EMR (decided on my EMR first and sought PM systems secondly). I love how easy the billing is (ICD-10 and CPTs flow instantly from my EMR to CareCloud). Has made our billing/collections much easier (we are a small office, started from scratch 3 years ago, never had an in-house billing staff, started with CareCloud concierge billing/collections from the very beginning and have NEVER looked back). Have recommended CC to several other friends/colleagues starting Dermatology offices (because they also chose the same EMR). ICD-10 transition was NO inconvenience to our office at all- in fact, you wouldn't have even known things had changed because my EMR and CareCloud were so prepared. We didn't dread Oct 1, 2015 at all when we had to implement ICD-10- super easy for us, and no effect on insurance collections/payments.
June 25, 2016
Megan C.
Vice- President, Billing Supervisor
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2017

“Carecloud takes the cake for all of the software systems I use daily!”

OverallOverall, I work in numerous systems every day and looking at the services compared to the price I think Carecloud is most definitely worth every penny. If you look at the seamless process of checking patients in and checking their eligibility, the system is extremely helpful compared to others. I always say, " You get what you pay for!" and Carecloud shows that on every level.
ProsI like the all in one user friendliness! ERAs individually split up for billing secondary claims which makes them a breeze! Also, printing proof of timely filing from the patient screen helps out tremendously. The Collections app is probably my next favorite. I don't feel like I am stuck running reports all day. Instead, I can go in to my denial bucket and work the claims directly from there without having to run a report and then go to the patients one by one and then work the claims. I also love that it stores copies of all of the statements that I generate for each patient so when a patient calls regarding a balance and has a question, I can tell exactly what they are looking at!
ConsThe one thing I do not like about Carecloud is the inability to send claims on demand. If you miss pick-up at 8p.m. the claims have to wait until the next night. I wish we could get a change for this. Also, I wish when working with claims in the outbox that we could select as many as we want and then be able to change the delivery method all at one time, like printing without the claim form. It would save our office time as we have quite a few that have to go paper.
Renee A.
Practice Administrator

“CareCloud review”

OverallThe customer service at CareCloud is exceptional!!!!! Anytime we've called they have always been pleasant, helpful and usually are able to solve our issues.
ProsThe billing and collections modules have increased our revenue. With the two modules we can immediately see if a claim has errors. Our old EMR system took weeks for us to receive a denied claim. The Appointment module is easy to use. When we first started with CareCloud in 2014 the Prescription module was easy and quick to use. The main reasons we selected CareCloud was because of the Billing, Collections and Prescription modules. We are extremely happy with the reporting module. We are able to get so much more information from the system than with our prior EMR.
ConsI wish the system would alert you if you scheduled a physical to early (less than 366 days). The recent upgrades to the prescription module has made it harder to use. With these changes now there is more room for errors to be made when selecting the medications. It takes us twice as long to fill prescriptions with having to search for the correct medication from the lists.
Del C.
Neurosurgeon
October 31, 2017

“Carecloud is extemely user friendly and is regularly being updated to make it even more so”

OverallOverall, an excellent program; I have no regrets about committing to this system several years ago.
ProsApp-like appearance and ease of use, quite intuitive to learn to use various functions; development team has been extremely active in regularly updating the various functions to improve its usefulness to physicians and staff. Unlike some programs that were clearly developed by software professionals who have no knowledge of the actual needs of healthcare providers, CareCloud is very responsive to MD input to make it progressively more user friendly and useful in the clinical setting. The I-phone app is extremely helpful when away from the office.
ConsOnly con would be that it is a cloud-based system, meaning that the main frustrations develop when we have issues with internet access (obviously no fault of the software, but rather our local issues). The advantage of a cloud-based system is the constant updates, but access is occasionally a problem in my office.
October 31, 2017
Sheila S.
January 29, 2013

OverallI am a practice administrator for a 4-providers urology practice. My providers are very busy surgeons and clinicians, so having a good practice management system is essential to our financial outlook. In May 2011, I was given notice from our then practice management company of seven years, that due to the 5010 changeover, they would no longer be in business and I would need to obtain services from another software company by the end of year. I was given the task of choosing and implementing a new system, with a deadline in less than six months. I began the daunting task of searching, and within 6 weeks, I had investigated 13 systems of every type imaginable. I was given advice from several administrators to go with the "conventional" and not venture into a young, web-based company that wasn't as well known at the time. But being stubborn and opinionated, I was intrigued by what CareCloud offered and began to investigate their product. When my search was completed, I was able to present my top three choices to my physicians for their final decision. I had already decided on CareCloud, but wanted my physicians to decide on their own without my direction or influence. We were presented all three systems in one evening with CareCloud being the last program to give us an overview of their product. After the presentation of Care Cloud, and without reservation, the doctors and I agreed the CareCloud product was far and away the best choice for our practice. Budget and financial concerns are a major concern to all practices these days, so I was pleasantly surprised when discussing the reasonable cost of the system. I was given figures for my bottom line that no other company could compete with, which also included all the features we would need to run our business. Bay Urology Services has greatly benefited from the professional and knowledgeable staff at CareCloud, which had us up and running by October 1, 2011 -- quicker than I imagined we could implement. I was told by other administrators facing similar issues that this time frame "was virtually unheard of" for a practice of our size. CareCloud really shines in how easy the system is to use, training of staff, and product functionality compared to previous systems we have used. On a final note, I will say that CareCloud and our partnership with them has been one of the best decisions we have made in the ten years we have been in operation.
January 29, 2013
Rainey E.
Financial Services, Unspecified
September 8, 2016

“CareCloud PM-Excellent Product”

ProsThe up to date interface and "app" feel make this system very easy to learn. It is fully integrated and the "workflow" for the system is hands down the best I have reviewed and worked on in my 16 year career. The remittance posting and statement modules are cutting edge and thoughtfully designed for the end use. I also love that their is very little wait time to talk to support associates. For the most part, most of my items have been resolved easily over the phone same call.
ConsThe monthly cost per provider has increased since I first started using it. It can give a bit of sitcker shock to start up practices, but in the end, it's ease of use and reliability make it worth the investment.
Recommendations to other buyersMost demonstrations do not in anyway deliver a good "feel" for the day to day use a PM software. Your end user is the most important person in this equation. If your employees cannot be productive with the system, it will not be a sound investment. Push further with yous software account. Ask for a "dummy" account on a non-live site so that you can really test drive the software. You wouldn't in most cases buy a car you hadn't driven, therefore I don't recommend you buy a software you haven't actually used.
September 8, 2016
Andrew N.
System Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2019

“Run away as fast as you can”

OverallCareCloud has been a nightmare. They came in toting being the easiest to use cloud platform on the market with robust reporting. It falls flat in every single category. CareCloud did not provide ways to report data for meaningful use until halfway through 2019. Reporting is limited. Advanced reporting is still limited to pre-determined metrics. Once they have your money don't expect to get the same treatment you get during onboarding, completely ghosted us after expressing multiple complaints about functionality and workflow limitations.
ProsIt is fairly simple to use but you are limited to baked in features and pre-determined workflow.
ConsConstant slowness and crashing. Server stability issues weekly and performance issues occur daily.
September 19, 2019
Ann K.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
November 18, 2016

“Worst choice since starting my own medical practice; I turned away from Carecloud after 2 months of ”

OverallI am a solo practitioner in internal medicine. I used Athenahealth before Carecloud due to college's recommendation. But the feels for non closed loop orders were getting expensive so I looks for a program that won't charge me a dollar for each prescription. I was interested in Carecloud due to their App settings and made it look easy to document/chart. I should have known when they were trying to get me to sign their contract that I was in for a big diasppointment. They, the sales rep gave me a deadline to sign the contract with appealing price if I sign before the timeline. He got me on the phone with the big boss, also the same thing,' its the lowest price so sign now', like a used car dealer to seal a deal. I was a fool, $36,000 lost due to my stupid action signing that day. I will regret for the rest of my life. After 1 month of use, I knew this isnt what I wanted to uses going forward. I plan to make a youtube video showing how slow Carecloud is. Whenever patient calls for appointment or refill, it takes long time to pull up their charts and all patients complain ' why does it take so long to pull up my chart?' and we say it's our carecloud program... But that's just the tip of the iceburg. Here are the reasons I gave them for terminating with them. 1 - Promise to incorporate clients' suggestion for improvement to their platform is an empty promise. We have offered them pages upon pages of suggestions, of which exactly NONE have been incorporated in their promise of "updates" every 3 weeks. When challenged on this, the company brushed us off, saying "do you know how many providers we take care of?" Pretty clear that we, as a individual client, are not important. 2 - It may look organized but when actually using it, it forces you to move back and forth all day long between different organizational icons. Even the simplest task of ordering a patient's lab requires at least 5 minutes. It is the farthest from "user-friendly" that we can imagine!! 3 - By definition, an EMR is an ELECTRONIC medical record. Despite this, any documents that require the provider to initial or sign (all home health documentations, labs to be reviewed, etc.) need to be printed, then hand signed, then re-scanned into the computer. Be prepared to have your support staff spend an extra-ordinary amount of time managing this challenge. Again, our practice has asked CareCloud to address this concern several times without any indication that they will actually become a
Pros initial look of it, looks different, but it is an illusion to believe that you will be better organized provider/front desk/reception with the App functionality.
Conscons: Slow, breaks down. Slow and shuts down. Jumping from app to app to just to see patient's insurance information, up coming appointment, and to see EOB, that is not allowed in carecloud. You have to download CMS program to see EOB. When claim has issues, it can sit in an app and none of your manager or carecloud will let you know that there is problem in you A/R, help you to solve problems. You are on your own. I almost went broke due to using their concierge service. No money was coming in.... Be prepared to get a loan or go broke with their billing services.
Recommendations to other buyersadvice to others: I hope to warn others through the nightmare I went through. Please contact me for more information I would be happy to discuss my issues with them personally. Especially, if you are provider that wants to be hands on, or want to do more that just charting/documentation, this program would slow you down, or it would crash and would have to start the program all over again, up to 10 - 15 times a day minimum.
November 18, 2016
June 21, 2017

“CareCloud Easy to Use and to Train on”

OverallPros definitely over weight the cons. Only superusers or power users will notice a little drag, but it is not enough to effect business production.
ProsAppointments scheduling and rescheduling is easy with the total appts on the screen, no reports to run. Ability to create customized schedules per doctor or per location your choice with block time that does not count as an appointment.
ConsFlash based, so sometime load time may take a tad bit longer. this doesn't happen alot and it basically resolves its self as internet traffic varies. its like posting on facebook, most of the time it happens instantly, sometimes it drags a little bit.
June 21, 2017
katrina p.
Administrator
November 30, 2017

“ a customer service rep”

OverallI want to recognize a guy as an exceptional Rep who was patient & kind and willing to help me understand how to post some very difficult ERA's.
ProsI like the customer service reps who talk me through issues w/posting ERA's I like the ease of checking patieints in/out.
ConsReports are difficult to generate and not as "robust' as the sales guy promised. Some ERA's are difficult to post as they require extra steps of downloading EDI's. Also, Tertiary claims DO NOT auto-attach the previous payers EOB's so this must be done manually even though payers like Tricare for life prefer electronic claims
November 30, 2017
Kenneth A.
January 14, 2015

“Right choice”

ProsI have read many of the reviews and wonder what experience these writers have had with EHR systems. My experience has been very positive from ease of use to cost. I compare it to my first EHR which I will not name. We were able to get started with minimal training and the providers input has helped get changes made for the better. It is easy to try something and complain, but I can tell you from my experience, the CareCloud staff and employees have made great effort to build a system that conforms to good patient flow and ease of use. The color coding gives the program appeal and is a useful tool as well. As the Coder/Biller can tell you, having the providers chose the right ICD 9 code makes my job a lot easier. It helps us to get our claims settled much quicker with a higher first time pass rate. We believe that we are just achieving a small percentage of what CareCloud can do for us in the long run. I look forward to a long relationship with CareCloud so we can become subject matter experts.
ConsI have very little to complain about. We are learning new features and incorporating them daily. I think if we were taught everything at once we would have a brain meltdown. As for the vendor, we have no complaints.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at the top 5 players and get demos on all of them. I have previewed more that 30 different EHR's and CareCloud is our second EHR. I wish I would have known about them before we spent money on the first EHR we had.
January 14, 2015
Susan S.
October 14, 2016

“Customer service still has not arranged for training for new staff nearly a month after the request was made”

OverallWe first contact support to discuss arranging for training for new office staff on Sept 26. We are told a ticket has been created. We contact them again on Sept 30 as no action has yet been made on our original request. They assign a new ticket number and think they have done their job. At some point my new office manager gets a hold of a sales rep and tells of the areas that the training should focus on. According to the sales rep she has had 20 emails with my office manager to try to get this arranged. After 20 emails nothing yet has been scheduled. We had blocked our patient schedule on Oct 13 in order for the office staff to do this training which we thought would be sufficient considering we first contacted support on Sept 26. Oct 7 and the sales person has the sense to contact me, the owner. In her email she asks if I ever received some forms needed in order to arrange for the scheduling. I sent an email response that I never received any forms by email. I don't know why she bothered to send me that email as she NEVER responded to my reply saying that I never got any form. Oh you wonder if any phone calls took place? I never received any phone calls. I called the sales rep several times and left messages that we need to get this training arranged by the Oct 13 date. I never received any return phone call. When Oct 11 comes and nothing has been arranged, I email the sales rep and CC a manager at Carecloud. Now I get an email saying that she has had 20 emails to get this arranged. Well these emails may just as well have been to discuss the weather because no emails were sent to me, the person who needs to authorize payment for these trainings. Additional emails sent by the sales person at this time are all an attempt to cover for her inability to respond appropriately. She sends a Sales Force log saying she has sent 20 emails. So what? Those emails didn't accomplish anything and wasted my staff's time. Then she says that she sent 4 emails to me at a mystery email because it was not my email. So what about trying to reach me by phone? It never happened. We have call logs at our business and I can check the call logs of my phone. No calls were made to me and I am the one who they need to contact to authorize payment. So that is my experience with their customer service.
Pros.
ConsSee above Also, the site is in Flash which is slow and being phased out by the various browsers.
Recommendations to other buyersCheck with users of any site you consider buying and ask about the customer service of their EMR.
October 14, 2016
Rachel B.
Doctor
July 27, 2016

“ Full billing and collection support perfect for a small practice ”

ProsThe claims follow up and aid with collections provided by CareCloud Concierge allows me (a physician) to do my own billing and save money on an in-house biller. CareCloud has even helped us automate most of our payments which saves a countless amount of time for myself and my staff in updating accounts.
Cons We had some difficulties in the beginning with this product and understanding what our role was and what their role was in the process. Once this was discussed with our practice manager, things have run much more efficiently.
Recommendations to other buyers Since the business and of medicine has become such a large focus of our time and energy in the office, finding care cloud concierge has been invaluable for getting our claims paid and accounts posted correctly. Asking questions upfront S who does the coding, billing, claim submission, and claims follow up with this sort of service is an integral part of determining if this will be a good fit for your practice. The great thing about CareCloud concierge is that they have a hand in all of that.
July 27, 2016
Melody K.
April 5, 2018

“Great experience with CareCloud EHR”

OverallI would recommend CareCloud for any practice.
ProsWe have used CareCloud EHR for almost 4 years and it's been great. The EHR makes it simple to manage my clients and practitioners. It has great functionality and is user friendly overall. The billing app is the best. I actually eliminated an admin position by using the billing app.
ConsI would like for the iPhone app and the calendar app to offer a few more features. It would also be nice if there was way to upload and store clinical documents.
April 5, 2018
Mel H.
COO & Practice Manager
February 10, 2018

“All that was expected and more”

OverallI recommend CareCloud to anyone that would like to upgrade workflow, efficiency, analytics, MIPS, cashflow, clean claim rates, and the list goes on.
ProsEase of use is fantastic. Training was great and all employees have learned the software within a few hours. Go-Live was much easier than expected. All providers find it very simple and easy to use. Customizable Add Breeze and the power and features of the software expand to create efficiencies that seem to be unrivaled. Support and training are top notch Support staff speak english that one can actually understand Claims are scrubbed using 3 clearing houses that work with dozens of second level vendors who work specifically with payers increasing clean claim rate Analytics are great. Easy to create reports, dig into the EMR to pull data, create dashboards for each employee and provider if desired. Dashboards so that each employee and associate can check KPI's each day and real time.
ConsOur practice didn't discover CareCloud years ago. One minor challenge when dealing with self-pay payment ID's for easy posting. A work around though solved the problem.
February 10, 2018
Cheryl B.
AR Manager
October 19, 2017

“Great software for the money!”

ProsI feel it's easy to use and has some good features that make my job easier. Customer support has been good whenever we have needed them. And being a very small office; we like the fact we can choose the options that we need, but not pay for things we don't need.
ConsThere are still some things that we would really like to see happen, one of which is having the integrated labs show in the note without having to manually post them.
October 19, 2017
Lance S.
February 12, 2014

“Mixed Review”

ProsWhen the product works, the billing system is great. It makes it very easy to follow up on claims and keep your A/R in line. I also like the layout that lets you work on multiple things simultaneously. If you're in the middle of something and have to switch gears for a minute, it's easy to go back to what you were working on.
ConsThe two biggest flaws for us are scheduling speed and downtime. The function to find the next available appointment doesn't always give accurate results (something they've been working on since we've started with them) and going day-to-day to find open appointments is not as fast as it could be when compared to our old system. Also, we've experienced downtime with different parts of the system. For a while, about once a week, we wouldn't be able to scan insurance cards or upload files into the system. I will say they have gotten much better about that, and it hasn't happened in a while. Also, rarely, we've been completely locked out of the system for anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes. It hasn't happened often but when you have a patient on the phone or in front of you, it is extremely frustrating.
Recommendations to other buyersThey're still a young company, so the software isn't as complete a system as other solutions. However, they do give you an opportunity to give input to make the software better, and they do updates frequently. When comparing with other companies, see if they give an uptime guarantee in the service agreement.
February 12, 2014
MEGAN F.
Vice-President
Financial Services, 1-10 employees

“The Ultimate All-In-One”

ProsThe user-friendliness of the software is amazing! I love that the software basically moves from left to right and the tracking on denials and no-responses ensures that you aren't having to pull those ugly aging reports. It is the most user-friendly EHR/PM solution I've ever used!
ConsThe limited selection of specialties that are able to use and some manual work-arounds on submitting paper-claims.
Brissa P.
Director of Operations
August 27, 2019

“WORST EMR - PRACTICES BEWARE!”

OverallAwful. Our original project manager left as soon as we launched the product. Then our lead contact left, then our sales rep, and they've continued to have HIGH turnover rates with their people, which is HUGE RED flag for the overall reputation of the company. They promised us all these changes would take place at the end of last year...has anything changed? No. We have had connectivity issues and when you call support they are completely useless and rude about the situation. It completely affects our operations and I would highly recommend you go elsewhere!
ProsThe only pro is that it is visually appealing and easy to follow. It looks like apps from the Apple Store...but don't let the fool you...keep reading.
ConsWhere do I begin? There is CONSTANT issues with connectivity, slowness, workflows that are completely inefficient, and so forth. We were sold on the reporting, but then come to find out, it only works if you use their billing side of the product. All other reports are not customizable and you're stuck with them. On top of that you get manipulated into this 3 year contract, and when there are changes you have to go through an entire process. I can continue but there is not enough room in this box...
August 27, 2019
Rebecca H.
Reimbursement Specialist

“Reimbursement Specialist”

OverallAt the end of the day...money is where it matters. Clean claims, timely submissions, prompt EDI tools and ability to communicate regarding outstanding A/R, CareCloud out of several software billing systems I have used throughout my 25 years has been hands down the most technically enhanced out there. We promote CareCloud to all our clients as we see them at the times of doors opening and or at a critical time in their practice where upgrading their software to keep current, current and close out older software that was hurting A/R rather than helping. A healthy A/R promotes growth in a practice and we have seen and assisted growing practices with excellent tools like CareCloud. Thank you
ProsI work primarily in the collections module. Within my line of work I deal with all of the other modules to complete my investigation on a denial or no response claim. I enjoy the reporting analytics module to quickly determine a trending issue among our providers within date ranges and the sorting features are endless.
ConsThe hold feature on patient balances. The collection piece on patient collections are outdated. I can run a report, individually go in and place an account on hold but I cannot collectively take statements off hold. I would like patient collections to be updated.
Jenah H.
Business Manager
December 12, 2018

“Great product for large practices!”

OverallOverall, I would highly recommend CareCloud. They did seem invested in continuous improvements. If you have a large practice and don't mind some software growing pains, then CareCloud would be a great choice. I think they will lead the industry soon.
ProsI like the user interface for this product. It looks and "feels" like an iPhone which makes it user friendly.
ConsCustomer support is disorganized. During my time with the product, the reorganized how they managed support several times. It was difficult to keep track of who/what/how we should handle certain types of support issues.
December 12, 2018
December 5, 2016

“CareCloud #1 Practice Management for Any Practice. ”

OverallWe have searched and researched numerous PM systems. There is not one that compares to the easy of use and functionality of this system. Automatic EFT posting is truly that automatic (which you can turn off if you choose to). Real (Manual) payment batch posting, with balancing and attached the eobs right to the the line item in the patients accounts. No more having to pull daily batches and search 450 pages of pymts to find your specific eob. Truly has an API with emdeon, with claims management from r/s to changing modifiers and diagnosis, with claims appeals pre populated forms.
ProsPayment Batch Posting, Attaches EOB's to patient account with line by line posting. Claims Management all in one system. Posting Charges from the Appt App, easily see what is billed and not billed.
ConsBeing flash based, when ever adobe does an update the system may experience crashes. But normally they are back up in a few minutes. This truly does not outweigh the Pros.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try. Staff from Novus to Super user will trying be able to use the system in a couple of hours. Most staff do not need formal training. It is user friendly and makes sense. If you have used any other PM successfully, you will love this system and be able to get started right away.
December 5, 2016
Michael R.
Executive Director of Franchising
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
April 30, 2018

“Great Analytics”

OverallCarecloud Charts is a good product. Consider the options and see if it's right for you.
ProsCarecloud offers very good chart features, some of which are customizable. The reporting features are very robust. It saves you time, which saves you money.
ConsAll these features come at a cost. The system is a little pricey. Smaller practices may not be able to afford it.
April 30, 2018
Christel D.
LCSW
March 3, 2017

“super support team”

Overalltheir tech support will stay on the phone as long as needed and REALLY work on finding the trouble spot and then FIX it so you can be up and running again
Prosworks great and runs dependably, they keep you informed of any outages, community page to post questions and get answers from other users
Conswould like affordable and cheap voice control input to avoid typing and to make product even greater
March 3, 2017
Brandi B.
Administrator
June 24, 2016

“Ease of use, user friendly workflows and reports are fantastic!”

ProsWe love how easy to use CareCloud is. The workflows are very user friendly and the webinars CareCloud provides are great resources for learning to use to the product. Also, CareCloud assigns a friendly, knowledgeable Client Manager to your account to assist in questions you may have. Additionally, CareCloud support is also available via a phone call or online support.
ConsOverall, we are very pleased with the product. The main thing I don't like about CareCloud is that they don't provide a support line for patients needing help with the patient portal. Therefore, the practice must contact support on the patient's behalf.
Recommendations to other buyersI recommend choosing CareCloud based on upon its ease of use and the reports that are available for practice management purposes as well as clinical evaluations.
June 24, 2016
Lorrie D.
Mental Health Care, Unspecified
December 10, 2015

“Care Cloud Central Concierge Service”

ProsMy Care Cloud Account Representative. She is so helpful and a resource.
ConsIn Oregon we have Coordinated Care Organizations for Medicaid. Each of these CCO has contracts for the individual medical, dental, and mental health insurance carriers that is not listed. If the carrier is not listed or has a change of mailing address they are slow to verify the information given to Care Cloud.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease remember what type of office. We are a non-profit mental health facility and teaching clinic. So we receive clients from all over Oregon and have practicum students, doctoral interns and resident psychologist that have different licensing needs for billing. We work with our Care Cloud representative exclusive when setting up new residents, interns, and practicum students into Care Cloud. Please remember your specific needs when evaluating any software programs with the support and technical staff available from the vendor.
Steven L.
Executive Director
February 27, 2018

“Top quality billing and administrative information system ”

OverallThe Service and Support is top notch. Customer Care stays on an issue until it is resolved, and resolved timely.
ProsCare Cloud is very intuitive and easy to use. It is fast and efficient. I can data mine and get reports that best help me manage.
ConsI would like more front end "Scrubbers" that help make sure claims are complete and correct before they go out.
February 27, 2018
Julie H.

“Phenomenal Software”

OverallI'd suggest that anyone looking at changing software platforms look closely at what they want and need before making the final choice. However, I'm confident that CareCloud is a great choice for many offices regardless of the size and specialty.
Pros* Saves significant time for all aspects of patient management * Revenue cycle management keeps the income flowing with little to no interruption * Customer support is fast to respond and solves issues easily and quickly
Cons* As with any software, transitioning to a new system can been annoying and time consuming * I do both chiropractic and family medicine and there are no widgets or shortcuts for the chiropractic practices and techniques as of yet
Dana H.
Doctor

“excellent product ”

ProsJust had a site visit and was so impressed with the expertise of my client manager and the care they have for my account.
Conssome delays at times with processing claim denials and timely filing issues, perhaps could be a better way to communicate with the collectors, or have more collectors working the denials so that they end up being responded to more timely.
Recommendations to other buyersothers should look into how claims are submitted, and how the denials will be worked, how they will communicate with the collectors, whether they will have a designated account manager, whether there are video tutorials for staff, whether the system will check patient insurance eligibility and if there is the capability for call confirmation done automatically via text or email, a credit card on file program and whether there is or will be a claims estimator so that high deductibles can be collected upfront.
December 5, 2018

“CareCloud for billing neuro and ortho practice”

ProsTotally a billing, follow up, and collections software. Real time changes, clean and easy to read. Upload, bill, fax, transmit, and check status without leaving the system
ConsCould use a contact manager to allow same contacts, fax numbers and notes to be used system wide instead of by user
December 5, 2018
RHONDA E.
July 10, 2018

“We have had a great experience with this software.”

OverallOverall it is a great product
ProsIt is very easy to use. It is set up where you go from icon to icon from beginning of patient to the end.
ConsThe claims department is not as fast as I would like it to be. The revenue is pretty good. I think the turn around for denials should be worked faster.
July 10, 2018
John D.
Medical Biller/ Team Lead
February 20, 2018

“Very proficient and adaptive software that also provides upgrade to boost its ability.”

ProsThe ease of moving around from schedules, to patient registration, posting payments, and claim correction.
ConsWould like for the software to add a clock- in and out system for staff members. Also think that claim correction could use some work to provide more flexibility to correcting claims.
February 20, 2018
Jenah H.
Business Manager
January 16, 2018

“Great software for large practices!”

ProsCareCloud offers a VERY user-friendly platform with a lot of functions. It was great to use this software for a large group of 10 providers.
ConsCustomer support could be difficult at times, but CareCloud works hard to provide larger clients with a representative that can touch base personally and more frequently.
January 16, 2018
Stan S.
Therapist/CEO
November 3, 2017

“Use it daily as a therapist in office. Easy to interact Schedule appoints and coordinate with front desk ”

OverallGood product. Good support and updates are often
ProsQuick movement from one patient to other. Scheduling with patient right there information gets into system immediately. Able to access with Touch ID on iPhone
ConsNeed to schedule at 15 minuet intervals Sometimes the computer is slow to reopen after 45 minuets. Could be quicker
November 3, 2017
Janet M.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 5, 2017

“Dependable and easy to use.”

ProsVery dependable and user friendly they have many options for new employee's to learn the system and staff available for questions. Wonderful options for uploading information.
ConsThe billing system is still confusing to me and I like being able to use paper forms and not submit claims on line.
October 5, 2017
Heather J.
April 10, 2018

“User friendly ”

ProsIt is user friendly and easy to learn and navigate. Customer service is always helpful when we need them.
ConsPrice is based per providers and not on what features you use. Our practice does not utilize the electronic records. We primarily use only the scheduling/billing features.
April 10, 2018
Ana R.
MAA
March 19, 2018

“Really great experience ”

OverallTo be able to verify every insurance
ProsIs easy to use and safe for patients security, Taking care of pt in of is really important to the office also always having a reminder
ConsSometimes it does not give the right info for insurance like copay or if the deductible applies to the type of visit
Karen S.
March 12, 2018

“Love my software”

OverallNothing more to say
ProsHas many perks that make my job easier including zip + 4 and NPI database. Very easy to loop up existing appointment for patients as well
ConsWaiting for a users conference. Also only using PM side of system as we use a different EHR system that is Dermatology focused
March 12, 2018
Samantha G.
Medical Assistant
November 13, 2017

“Carecloud is helpful and convenient ”

OverallCarecloud support is very helpful and very nice. Any questions or problems are always answered or solved quickly. I have been using this system daily for over 2 years.
ProsCarecloud makes it easy and quick to schedule appointments, check patient information, and more. I also love all the reports you can run.
November 13, 2017
Donna C.
Office Mananger
October 17, 2017

“Very satisfied with the overall product.”

OverallThank you!
ProsHelpful support. Cost of running this system is reasonable. It was very easy to learn. The app for our IPhones is a great feature, easy for the doctors to operate.
ConsMy practice is primarily Worker's Compensation and a lot of features I could use are not available.
October 17, 2017
June 7, 2017

“CareCloud great for Billing Managers”

OverallGreat system.
ProsEase of Use, Apps that are intuitive and helpful without having to dive down. all documents are attached to the account without having to use outside processes.
ConsHaving more drill down reporting would be nice. PM tasking feature that is truly a work list would be nice.
June 7, 2017
Linda M.
December 10, 2015

“2 years with Care CLoud”

ProsThe product is very intuitive and user friendly. The claims and collection follow up is very well designed. The best part is the customer support.
ConsSome updates wanted by many customers seem to be slow in coming--like the revision of statements. If there is a reason this has been put off for so long I think it would be helpful to briefly explain to users why
Recommendations to other buyersThere is no on-site training, unless you make a special, and probably expensive arrangement, but consider the overall cost and that people usually learn by playing with the system. The system has all the elements needed, and the fact that there are regular updates and a means for customers to communicate with Campus it shows the system is not stagnant and can change as the healthcare regulations change.
Lawrence F.
July 19, 2018

“Care Cloud Improves Care”

ProsCare Cloud is vital to the smooth efficient use of our practice and is an Intergrated part It our management system
ConsThe only thing I would change about the Care Cloud system is that it is sometimes unworldly to use and can be awkward
July 19, 2018
Sanadu S.
Back office tech
March 5, 2018

“Easy to use.”

ProsI really like that this system is user friendly. It's easy to navigate through and like that you can upload document to it.
ConsWhen starting up the system it takes a while to come up. And if your computer does not have adobe flash, it will not work.
March 5, 2018
stephen m.
franchise and corporate finance support coordinator
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
December 7, 2016

“CareCloud - A Great Solution for Medium to Large Medical Practices”

OverallI used CareCloud for well over a year in a mental health setting. The scheduling and billing features are top notch. While this program does require a good deal of training, it's a work horse of a program. If your practice seeks extensive reporting and analytical features, CareCloud is the way to go - you're able to customize reports and set just about any parameters you'd ever want, rendered to Excel, CSV, PDF, etc.
ProsVery robust reporting and analytical features, great for medium to large practices, powerful and versatile enough for any medical group. Carecloud support is very helpful, has speedy responses, helpful training seminars, etc.
ConsThis cloud-based EMR is somewhat pricey, and has a somewhat steep learning curve for first-time users. If you're able to tap into to all of its functionality, the price is worth the benefit.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is a powerful EMR tool - it's capable of handling anything from a small private practice to a hospital setting. With that being said, it isn't cheap - I'd recommend this for medium to large medical practices.
December 7, 2016
Lashun B.
medical assistant
August 21, 2019

“Great software”

OverallIts a great application for making appointments and managing the flow of the office.
ProsThat its very user friendly and always updating to improve the quality.
ConsNot much to dislike. Care cloud does everything my office needs it to do.
August 21, 2019
Rhonda E.
Billing specialist

“Overall review”

OverallOverall I think this is a wonderful EHR product and would recommend it to anyone.
ProsThe best feature of this product would be how easy it is to use.
ConsThe one thing I would like to see improve would be the correction errors.
Sandra F.
Chief Medical Officer
May 20, 2019

“CareCloud personal review ”

ProsUser friendly. All in one EMR. Friendly and helpful customer service Frequent updates
ConsIf you integrate Breeze with CareCloud it's a bit buggy. Doesn't always transfer information into CareCloud.
Caryn D.
Physician Assistant
August 3, 2018

“Easy User Experience”

Prosvery easy to learn, one of the most user friendly softwares I have ever used and not hard to navigate
ConsExpensive, hard to integrate with our other electronic medical system, system tends to go down and takes time to reload
August 3, 2018