Asset Essentials Ratings

Overall

About Asset Essentials

Asset Essentials is a cloud-based maintenance management solution developed to support asset-centric operations. With our software, users can improve their processes where they live, work and play with streamlined workflows and advanced maintenance. Key functionality supports operations teams across departments with enhanced real-time visibility into work orders. Improve labor operations, manage inventory and extend the life of your assets all in an agile, user-friendly solution. Learn more about Asset Essentials

Beth Lee S.
May 7, 2013

OverallOur Facilities Management Department covers the operations of 24 town buildings in our municipality. These buildings also include three elementary schools and one middle school. Our maintainers and custodians handle all aspects of these buildings, from cleaning and grounds work, to repairs, HVAC and inspections (just to name a few). Prior to Maintenance Edge we utilized two work order systems. School staff used an in-house request system through our IT Department, while all other town employees utilized a purchased software (MP2). My position is that of Administrative Assistant and I am the one individual that processes all work requests for our office. This meant switching back and forth between our two systems making sure all requests were processed. Work requests were not addressed during any absences from the office (vacation, etc.), thus sitting in queue until my return. Also, there was not a concise record of completed tasks. I am still the one individual in our organization who uses MaintenanceEdge on a full time basis. However, we have now added our maintainers and custodians as daily users of this program. When we began using it in November of 2012, I realized how simple and flexible this program was. It has met all of our needs, and as I continue to use the system, I find more and more areas we can adapt to its use. It has been extremely helpful in reducing the amount of daily work order processing, as so much is now automated through the program. Instant notification to our maintainers' cell phones and email gives immediate contact on requests and tasks, thus eliminating any delays during my out-of-office time. Automatic routing also eliminates the need to forward work orders to the proper maintainer, since notification is within minutes. This function also allows our maintainers to check on work orders when at a specific building, thus eliminating duplicate travel time. This has greatly improved the productivity of our department. We have also taken advantage of the automated reports function, which generates and emails the specific building reports to the proper individuals on a weekly basis. Everyone, including building directors and principals, are "on the same page" with updates and tasks. MaintenanceEdge definitely helps us all communicate more effectively and efficiently. Finally, from the standpoint of the "requesters" at our many buildings, they find it very user friendly. One 20-30 minute training session was all it took to get all users up and running. The transition has been very smooth, especially with the added assistance from the FacilityDude support staff. They are easy to contact, always friendly, and have the correct answers and information that is needed; and if not, they continue to work on any issues until they are solved. I've recommended MaintenanceEdge to a number of colleagues in local governments in my area. It is a user-friendly system with fantastic customer support. From my standpoint, it is a blessing, and has done wonders for our department!
May 7, 2013
TJ I.
Superintendent of Parks
January 27, 2014

“A Tool You Can Not Go Without”

OverallWe initially began using Facility Dude in July of 2013. Are initial goal was to utilize Facility Dude in several departments thru out our Government entity. The startegy was to start out slowly to see if the software would meet our needs. After adding our fifth department last week, we have become very pleased with its performance. Facility Dude is currently being used in our following departments: Parks and Recreation, Public Works, Communications, Community Development and Construction and Maintenance. Each department is on schedule of implementaion of various degrees and levels. The unique aspect of Facility Dude is that the departments have been able to operate seperatley within the same account while the sytem stays intact as a whole. This allows for upper management and county officials to view a snap shot of all departments at any given time. The other crucial advantage of using one work order system is that departments can easily exchange information without restriction. Facility dudes internet based access does not burden hardware specifications allowing us to be creative in finding efficient means of operation. For example we can utilze Ipad technology that is a few years old allowing us to purchase used hardware at a much less expensive expenditure. This carries over to not needeing as powerfull technology in relation to overall hardware costs. Several times while implementing Facility Dude we have come across needs that were not readily tested already within the workings of the original system. Facility Dude has been very helpful in working with us in developing protocols to work thru these "custom to us" features. Currently we are working together in areas that need fine tunning. The overall impression we have recieved from our online in the field staff has been very positive, with an emphasis on ease of use. The support staff at Facility Dude has always be extremly timely and usually instant. The timely completion rate of work orders has decreased from one half to one full day on average. This has been a result of requests from requesters going immediately into the system and technicians being able to see them and route themselves accordingly. Can I at this time do a complete review of Facility Dude? No I can not, reason being is that as much as we have already made succesfull we have not begun to scratch the surface of all that we think Facility Dude will do for us.
Christy S.
April 22, 2015

“Maintenance Direct has been a lifesaver for our department.”

ProsSchoolDude has the best customer service department! We really appreciate their prompt and friendly staff. Maintenance Direct is very user-friendly and allows unlimited user access. I loved that it was so easy to implement, you only had to enter minimal amount of data before using.
ConsThe only thing I can say is maybe allowing some customization in some of the filed categories instead of having to use their default list. Some districts may use different ways to describe the same function.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen we were looking for a work order system it was important that it was easy for the end users in the schools. It also helped that data that was entered into Maintenance Direct could be imported into some of the other modules so the set up was fast and easy. Customer service is also key. Having a customer service department that is so helpful really makes it easier when questions or problems arise. SchoolDude is always ready to help whether it's by phone, email, or live chat. One of the biggest things to look for is making sure that you can get out information you enter into viable reports and graphs. You need to be able to show what an awesome job you do or where improvement is needed.
Holly S.
Receptionist

“SchoolDude User Friendliness”

ProsMy overall thoughts of schooldude would be that it serves it purpose for scheduling event but it really is not user friendly. The amount of time that it takes for a new user to complete a proposal to schedule an event is pretty tedious.
ConsI am not a new user so it is easy for me to access and set of events but even explaining to new users is hard because of the lay out. I think it needs to be more simplistic. For example like when you turn on a new Iphone it asks for a piece of information then you hit next and it asks for another. Then it populates all your information for you to review at the end. One other flaw that I noticed in it for billing purposes is that it does not send an email notification when something new is put on to the calendar. Which would be really helpful when something is added last minute if the invoices are already completed for that day. I am not a veteran and do not know all the ins and outs of schooldude, but I do think these fixes could improve the users experience on it.
Recommendations to other buyersI think it does serve its purpose but for the individuals who plan on using it they will need some training, or at least time to play around on it. Don't just expect to come in and use it fluently. There are a lot of small buttons or unnoticeable items to click in order to schedule or approve a reservation and it just takes time to know what to click and when.
Paul S.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
June 23, 2017

“First CMMS at Atlas”

ProsMaintenanceEdge start up has been amazingly simple. Once our equipment list was finalized and given to Dude Solutions, their team completed all the data entry allowing free time for our end users to familiarize themselves with the software. The navigation is easy and training went smoothly and quickly. The support staff has been lightening quick about any questions that have come up. On going weekly scheduled meeting with our dedicated representative from Dude have reinforced training and expanded regularly on our knowledge of the program.
ConsThere are a few functions that have been lacking that tech support has been made aware of. Not all of the reports are able to be automatically generated on a schedule, ie. Downtime. I would like to see the ability to toggle some of the fields on or off depending on the end users preferences.
June 23, 2017
Angela T.
STOREKEEPER II

“THE EASE OF IT ALL”

ProsLearning to use MD was so easy. I can enter purchased items, or stock items and then actually track the cost of a job, including the labor. It lets you know what status it is in, New Request, work in progress etc. and each person assigned to that job can actually go in leave notes for the others who are involved. If items have been ordered, you can also notify the others that once they arrive the job can be completed. Working in a school system, you deal with so many locations, and this helps to keep everyone informed and up to date on the latest.
ConsI wish we had the options of ink colors, so if something is vital, that part could be done in red so that it is very visible.
Recommendations to other buyersI used to work for a big box store, this software is so much easier to maneuver.
Jack P.
Principal
April 27, 2015

“My Experience with SchoolDude”

ProsEase of use. Significantly less paper work. Quick response when service is indicated. Keeps everyone who needs to be aware of an issue informed. So far the process has worked as advertised. It has allowed our staff to provide quick and accurate responses. There is more accountability when a request is made in writing, approved by a supervisor and acted upon in an efficient amount of time.
ConsI really can't think of anything. Maybe making deleting a request easier. There are times when the situation submitted has been addressed through a conversation and there is no need for the responder to take action.
Recommendations to other buyersConsider how it makes your work life easier. Allows for a supervisor to follow the chain of progress in terms of addressing a problem and confirms when the issue is addressed.
Tracy D.
Facilities Coordinator

“Repair Assistance 101”

ProsMaintenance Direct keeps great records and history of repairs and those who submit them. It helps to retrieve similar issues and generate vendor repairs as a combined problem, rather than piece meal each repair separately. In the long run, it is a tremendous cost savings overall.
ConsChanges that are not always made known ahead of time that I feel are a sometimes a loss of accessibility. Example is password reset on the administrative side. This has recently changed and it does make it more cumbersome to figure out new user errors such as duplicate logins.
Recommendations to other buyersTake the time to go through each unit to determine how much input is required to get up and running and who will be responsible to make sure everything is being consistently updated to closed, in progress, etc.
Bob B.
Assistant

“Great Product”

ProsI use two packages from SchoolDude. Maintenance Direct and Facility Direct. We also use Trip Direct in our District. All work great together and are seamless. I can go to one and then it will connect me to the others without having to re-enter passwords. All keep records of past events and searches are simple. Maintenance Direct is very powerful and more than meets our needs. Everything is thought out and setup for a School District, but I can see it used for other Business's as well.
ConsThe only complaint that I would have is that the charts on the Home Page of Facility Direct doesn't export to Excel and when printing it out, it can look strange on the paper.
Recommendations to other buyersI would say if you can, try it out. It works great
Ashley B.
April 7, 2015

“Great Product and Great Customer Service”

ProsThe product works great for the administrators, technicians, and users. We get positive feedback regularly about our use of this product. And if there happens to be something we don't understand about the product or some way we think the product could be improved, the customer service is happy to respond to requests and take recommendations into consideration.
ConsHonestly, there's not really anything we don't like about them. They have a good product that they continue to improve. I guess I just wish they had more products.
Recommendations to other buyersThe product is only going to work as well as the effort you put into it. If you spend time keeping the data accurate, then the product will work well for you.
Nathan R.
Engineering Mgr
Automotive, Unspecified
January 14, 2016

“Preventative Maintenance software”

ProsThe software has the best (easiest to navigate and common sense flow) user interface out of the 4-5 competitors that I evaluated. The sales rep that I worked with was low pressure and responsive to my needs and questions. Implementation cost and annual service costs were very competitive. The after purchase training and setup was also very positive. I have a point person and scheduled time blocks for training and continue to have great customer service 3 months after implementation. In fact my training rep. emailed me today asking how things were going and if I had any questions.
ConsIn a perfect world, I would like to tailor the software to my specific needs and industry. Facility Dude is a generic software from the sense that it accommodates the language and requirements spanning several very different industries. I have had to be creative in a few cases with how we classify groups and naming convention. Not a big issue however the inability to have some level of customization would be my only complaint.
Recommendations to other buyersDemo's are a great way to interact with the various software packages and definitely allowed my team to make better decisions. Lack of Contracts if your buying the software or using a web based system are also a great way to use reduce risk if the software doesn't provide what you are looking for.
January 14, 2016
Kim F.
Library Media Specialist

“Tech Request Made Easy”

ProsI like this product is easy and straight forward in entering a request. Only the facts are needed; not any unnecessary questions to clutter the request.
ConsIt is a little irritating when you can't login when you forget to pull down to itdirect and have to start over; there needs to be an option for iDevices or Android devices and netbooks rather than hardware. Finally, when checking on tech requests, it would be nice if the list pulled up with newest first. I know that is an option at the bottom, but sometimes I forget and have to go to end;
Recommendations to other buyersCheck out the ease of the entering requests and the options for selecting the problems
Dale W.

“Wonderful and Amazing”

ProsThe Product is easy to use, and has wonderful reporting capabilities. Since the product is web based it can be accessed from anywhere. Since the product is web based School dude has the capability to do comparisons on how you are doing in relation to the rest of the world. This shows me what areas we need to improve on and what areas we are doing great on.
ConsWe cannot have a work order assigned to more than one person. Can you guys please change this?
Recommendations to other buyersGet in try it you will be pleased. I have used several other product, but the simplicity and ease of use work wonders for you and your customers on school dude
Doris D.
April 7, 2015

“SchoolDude software is outstanding.”

ProsSchoolDude software is user friendly, with amazing reporting features. The Client Services Team goes above and beyond in support of the SchoolDude products. Client Services is not provided from a foreign country. The staff is easy to understand - there is no language barrier. SchoolDude University provides a unique opportunity to expand product knowledge and build relationships with peer institutions.
ConsThere is not a single aspect that I am unsatisfied with.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't waste your time trying it....jump right in an use it! SchoolDude provides a top quality product - You will be hard pressed to find anything better.
Thom G.
October 10, 2014

“A good fit: SchoolDude's MaintenanceDirect and Landmark Christian”

ProsOne of the most compelling reasons that we went with their product is that their applications are built exclusively for the needs of educational institutions. The company has basically put all of their eggs into that basket, which gives them an understanding of educational facilities and their maintenance requirements. Educational environments (be it public, private, or higher) are in a class all their own and are met with certain challenges that other businesses may not necessarily face. All of the staff I have had the pleasure of meeting and/or speaking with exhibit a sensitivity to and knowledge of those unique needs.
ConsHaving come from a completely paper system to an automated system such as SchoolDude's, I haven't experienced any flaws worth noting.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are in the educational arena, you should definitely give SchoolDude a look. It is cloud-based (so it doesn't take up any room on the school's servers) and is extremely easy to use. With a school or school system's potential huge number of employees who may end up using the product, ease of use is key.
October 10, 2014
Janine C.
April 29, 2015

“SchoolDude - Awesome Product - Awesome Service”

ProsQuestions? Your answer is a phone call away, and there's always a human that answers the phone! We use Facility Scheduling and Maintenance Direct. Both products are easy to use and it's easy to train users in our buildings. SchoolDude also offered conference call training when we did the initial set up.
ConsI can honestly say I have not had a negative experience with SchoolDude.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't just look at the software, look at the service. SchoolDude prides itself on exemplary customer service and it shows whenever you interact with one of their team.
Nick L.
Computer Technician

“School Dude Review”

ProsThe product is always up to date and keeps in real time with requests that our clients have put in that help us to reach them faster. It also is an easy to use source for checking into the history of requests along with dates submitted and dates completed.
ConsSometimes the product does force some of our tickets into a limbo of sorts when we've tried to assign it employees. It goes into a place in which it's not assigned nor is it open. This issue has caused conflict several times in which someone is waiting for help but we had no idea until we do a full search in which it will then be visible.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure it's intuitive for your clients to use and make sure it's easy enough for your staff to use.
Cindy A.
Coordinator for Support Services

“MaintenanceDirect ”

ProsMaintenanceDirect is very user-friendly. If you should have a issue navigating the system the customer service/ technical support is awesome.
ConsI would like to be able to batch close work order but craft, assigned to, and/or purpose code.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure that you find a software that is user-friendly. In our industry, you have people with all different levels of computer skills and you need to be confident that everyone can work in the software so that it can be used to it potential. Report features are very important. You need to be able to use the data to improve your organization.
Jim R.

“Director of Facilities”

ProsI have had great success using both the Maintenance Direct program and the PM Direct program. Both have assisted my District with becoming more efficient with the Maintenance work orders and the Preventive Maintenance schedules. The online help or direct phone help is outstanding as well.
ConsThere really is nothing about the schooldude program that I do not like at this time.
Recommendations to other buyersStart with just one of the programs and build from there. They are very easy to use and there is plenty of support if there are any questions.
Butch S.
April 23, 2015

“Review of Maintenance Direct”

ProsAs a Technology Coodinator, I evaluate a lot of different software. ALL of the School Dude products are simple to setup and very easy for the customer to use. The tech support above and beyond what is normally expected. They were able to fix my routing issue in less time than it took for me to login to the portal.
ConsI wish School Dude was more affordable. On the other hand, you get what you pay for in life.
Recommendations to other buyersI recommend using School Dude and quit wasting time evaluating others. School Dude is the BEST!!!!
tyler s.
maintenance
Dairy, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“never can log in ”

Overallpoor waste of money cant even log in only once in a while very very poor
Prossoftware is well organized that is about it
Conseverything, I can never seem to log in to the web site this is a website problem, also the program runs really slow if I knew what I know now I would have never invested so much time into this useless program

By Dude Solutions on June 18, 2019
Hi Tyler, We're really sorry to hear this and would like to work with you to make things right or better understand how we can improve. Our support team is available at 877.868.3833 or support@dudesolutions.com at your convenience. If you prefer that we contact you directly instead, please send us a direct message with your organization's name/contact information and a client success manager will be in touch immediately.
May 28, 2019
Cheri L.
Sr. Accountant
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
October 31, 2017

“Suddenly going downhill”

OverallI'm afraid SchoolDude has stretched itself too thin and is getting ready to implode. Sooooooo many problems this year. These problems that belong to SchoolDude are truly having a negative impact here.
ProsWhen it worked right, which was before 2017, the inventory direct was a great tool for our Warehouse (over 4000 items). Before 2017, when things started going haywire, the PM direct was good; it could have been better. The Maintenance Direct still seems to be working.
ConsIn March of 2017 I do not know what changed; support has never been great but we started having all kinds of bizarre problems and most have not been fixed. The problems have been turned over to their developers......where they stay I guess.
October 31, 2017
Gary M.
April 27, 2015

“Web Based Maintenance Management Systems made Easy”

ProsThe product is cost-effective. The only hardware I need is a computer, smart phone, or tablet. The vendor is in touch with the needs of the clients they are trying to reach.
ConsI would like the product to have more capability to clean up clutter in various data fields. I would like to have more contact from my account representative/manager.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend you compare this product and its ease of use with other products that are designed for your specific use. In my case, it's K-12 public school.
Norm B.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees
May 8, 2017

“Easy to use and capable.”

OverallThis system will satisfy our needs for at least the initial five years of a conversion to RCM.
ProsEase of use for price, great reporting. The Dude Intelligence reporting is newly developed and comes right out of the box with great graphs and organized data.
ConsCurrently limited in long term root cause failure analysis due to restricted levels of asset organization.
May 8, 2017
Ruth M.
2.5/5
May 19, 2016

“Better than what we were using”

ProsUser Friendly for both techs and requester to make work orders.
ConsThe reports do not allow for various options I may wish to use to generate a report and entering of work orders as an administrator is very time consuming. Would also like to attach a file when creating a work order, not have to save it first then go back and upload file.
Recommendations to other buyersEnsure the software is user friendly and easy for technicians to enter their work orders during their work hours.
May 19, 2016
Brad J.
February 28, 2013

OverallWe have multiple facilities across three counties, so we are mindful of travel time and expense. We can easily see the most important items and address those first. MaintenanceEdge has also enabled us to do benchmarking and analyze our data to determine how we are utilizing our resources. Information from the system is essential when we advocate for additional staff or plan for future needs. The amount of training for the end users was minimal, staff were able to use the system in just minutes after receiving start up notification which included log-in and short introductory training (Less than 5 minutes and this was done electronically and individually without any special face to face or group training sessions) which made implementation and training costs minimal particulalrly for work requesters. The customer support is fantastic and has exceeeded my best expectations. I have and will continue to recommended MaintenanceEdge to several of my peers that manage Healthcare Facilities across the United States. MaintenanceEdge is a great product with great support, a winning combination for the facilities I'm responsible and my team that manages them!
February 28, 2013
Wesley R.
December 1, 2015

“I couldnt be happier with this system”

ProsIt is extremely user friendly and the more we learn about the system the more it has to offer. All of my techs were able to navigate through the system and get the basics down in a matter of minutes by day 2 they were creating work orders and asking about searching work history on equipment.
ConsI have had to input all my assets, vendors, manufacturers, etc. the data entry is still ongoing after several months. I would suggest hiring someone for data entry.
Recommendations to other buyersFind out the data entry steps IE: first add your equipment classification, then equipment types, then manufacturers , then suppliers and enter equipment last ass you will need all of the others to enter equipment. This will save you a lot of backtracking if you try to jump ahead during your training
December 1, 2015
Melissa S.
Administrative Assistant
April 23, 2015

“Simplifies tracking maintenance issues”

ProsWith multiple campuses - being able to track work orders, in particular being able to search specific rooms or areas that have issues, has made identifying trouble spots or failing equipment much easier.
ConsI have had no real issues with this product that have not been solved by their support team.
Recommendations to other buyersTalk to people who are using the product in real world situations. Often what looks good on paper is not good in application.
Margaret S.
Teacher

“School Dude”

ProsThe screens are easy to follow, most of the time it uses drop down boxes for filling out information. We use three products from School Dude. Maintenance, IT Direct and Trip direct. All three of these are very easy to use.
ConsAt times there are too many boxes that are required to be filled out.
Recommendations to other buyersI'm a classroom teacher and SchoolDude is very easy to use even for those that aren't geeks.
Brent G.
Technology & VoIP Specialist
April 27, 2015

“The software works very well to manage my helpdesk requests for IT.”

ProsI like how easy it is to keep up with all my requests. It is much easier than requests coming to my email and getting lost with all of my other inbox items.
ConsI would like for the process for doing a query to be much easier. It is not a simple process!
Recommendations to other buyersBe sure that the ease of use is available on both the IT side and the other employee populations side. If they don't understand it, they won't use it!
Joe D.
June 25, 2015

“It's a great product!....”

ProsI like the warehouse affect being able to put all the information that you have in the warehouse and match the warehouse product to the job...
ConsI like it the way it it is you don't have to change a thing....
Recommendations to other buyersI guess to be honest about it and write down your true feelings about it because it is a great product and it deserves one full support from everyone....
Michael R.
Network Administrator
April 24, 2015

“I have used school dude for over 3 years now and it works all the time”

ProsSchool dude is always up and running. I have used school dude for over 3 years now and it works all the time. I have never had a time where i tried to sign on and it was down.
ConsI don't like how when teachers submit a school dude they come in twice sometimes.
Recommendations to other buyersSchool dude is the right choice. If you don't use it you should change your mind.
Caren P.
April 23, 2015

“I have really enjoyed work with SchoolDude!”

ProsIt helps me keep track of all our work and preventative maintenance.
ConsFS Direct is harder to understand all of it. It takes the longest to learn.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend it. I really like being able to keep track of all our work orders and that they never go away. I also like the PM maintenance so we always are reminded that it is time to complete the PM's. I like the reports also.
Deborah M.
Assoc Dir Customer Serv
March 30, 2015

“Best Customer Service ever!”

ProsIt's intuitive and easy to use and maintain. Great customer service. Great peer discussion group.
ConsI would like to be able to assign the work orders to more than one person; I would like Action not taken in red to disappear out of the Action Taken box
Recommendations to other buyersYou can hit the ground running right away. Customers/requesters like it. It's very economical, very reliable.
March 30, 2015
Ryan G.
March 10, 2015

“Was Amazing. Totally made or campus effeicient”

ProsEverything is amazing. All support, is great! Maint Direct and all other products work great together.
ConsIt slow at times when out of range of wifi or LTE. Maybe there could be an app for Windows tablets.
Recommendations to other buyersA better mobile app not based on notifications. Other than that, it works. Maybe have better customizable reports. And auto print all work orders when assigned.
Chris D.
Mfg Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
January 24, 2017

“MaintenanceEdge by Dude Solutions ”

OverallWe are launching the use of MaintenanceEdge to manage our Preventive Maintenance system, replacing a spreadsheet based system in place for years. The system is used to create Preventive Maintenance tasks specific to each piece of industrial equipment, and schedule them recurring as required.
ProsVery simple and intuitive to use. Permission levels can be set up to let users have sufficient access to edit database records and fields without too much restriction. This allows for good customization.
ConsThere are limitations with search and look up features for certain fields of the data records. In most cases, one can search based on any data field, but in some key cases this is not easy and a round about way of finding a record is required.
Recommendations to other buyersRequest trial version of the software to familiarize yourself with its specific capabilities and shortcomings before committing to it. Consult with Dude Solutions about their help to migrate an existing database at launch, to save having to do this record by record oneself.
January 24, 2017
Allison D.
Accountant

“SchoolDude.com”

ProsThis software is very user friendly and fairly easy to navigate. It is a great improvement from our previous work order and inventory system.
ConsEven though it is web based, this could cause issues if either of our networks go down for any significant amount of time.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure it has all the features you like from your current software or at least discuss them with the vendor to see if they can be implemented. Otherwise the value of keeping your current software may outweigh the replacement value of this software.
Holly W.
February 25, 2013

OverallWe provide maintenance support to over 30 departments located throughout our county. As a local government, we are mindful of our accountability to citizens and also like to ensure we are offering a high level of service to our customers. With those things in mind, we decided to begin using MaintenanceEdge to make sure we efficiently do the best job we can. Getting set up in the system was no problem at all, we transferred over some information from our last system and the system is simple enough to use that we only needed minimal training. One aspect of MaintenanceEdge that we appreciate is the ability to have an unlimited number of users. It's made it easy for departments to set up users to enter work orders. Another benefit is that since it's so user-friendly, the technicians have no problem navigating it and inputting information. The fact that the software is web-based is helpful because we can access it from anywhere and don't have to worry about upgrades. This is an exceptional product and I recommend it.
February 25, 2013
Margaret B.
Senior Office Apps Specialist

“Maintenance Direct”

ProsSupport staff is excellent. Response time when asking a question is answered fast and efficiently.
ConsUnable to delete work orders. I understand this is a quality control issue. Also, to be able to create our own Crafts.
Recommendations to other buyersUsing the forums is very helpful. Advanced reporting is great.
Susan H.
Admin. Assist.
April 29, 2015

“I think SchoolDude is a great tool for our school.”

ProsI like that it has drop down choices. It is fast and easy to choose.
ConsI would like the drop down for the permanent building that I am employed to be already chosen, so I don't have to choose the building.
Recommendations to other buyersI don't have any recommendations for evaluating software.
Terry Z.
April 24, 2015

“Super efficient ticket tracking application”

ProsSimplicity of service entry for teachers and concise ticket view for technicians.
ConsThe need to refresh page to display new service tickets.
Recommendations to other buyersVisit other organizations utilizing the application to experience the positive aspects in a working environment.
Victoria G.

“Critical conflict alerts”

ProsEase of usage and comprehensive reports. I particularly like the conflict alerts.
ConsSlow at times. However, the periods of slow-ness are random.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at the entire product and it is a 'stand alone' in the market for all the versitility the program offers.
Joshua N.
January 17, 2015

“When you need an edge”

ProsAs a product, MaintenanceEdge is supported by excellent customer support. The product itself is simple and straightforward once you've learned the interface. The streamlining of requests is intuitive and promotes a more productive work environment.
ConsThere are a few holes in functionality that either require long-winded solutions for the end user or aren't possible at all. Searches and filters are rudimentary, and the UI is outdated and clumsy.
Recommendations to other buyersWith most software, experiencing a product demonstration before investment is critical. More so with software like MaintenanceEdge, where personal taste and the ability to optimize the system's functionality vary significantly from person to person. Make sure the people who will be involved are willing to invest the time to learn the system.
January 17, 2015
Aislynn T.
Administrative Rockstar
January 27, 2014

“Getting To Know The Dude”

OverallPrior to using Facility Dude for the first time, I had zero experience with any type of IMMS. After about 3 months at my current position, I was the resident expert in my department for all questions and new users. The trick with MaintenanceEdge/FacilityDude (aka ME/FD), is prepping your account before users get in an create loads of data. Without the proper equipment, budgets, departments, etc. already in there, your reporting will be arduous. If a small amount of prep is completed prior to launching, it can be the automated cost-tracking, email-reminding, planned maintenance-scheduling DREAM assistant for your maintenance needs - or otherwise. I have also used ME/FD to track our Safety Program project from initial safety inspection all the way to the confirmation of work completed. All in all, you get out what you put in, but The Dude makes it easy to ferret out the info you need and get going with tracking and planning!
Kary G.
June 25, 2015

“MaintenanceDirect Time Saving and effective.”

ProsMaintenance Direct keeps my jobs organized, employees efficient and customers happy.
ConsBecause it's so easy for everyone put in work orders.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it. The longer you wait the more time and money you will loose.
Jennifer C.
IT Manager

“School Dude”

ProsThe ability to retrieve past information anytime I need it.
ConsNothing really. It's very easy to learn and user friendly. I can't think of anything I wold change.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat software. Easy to use. User friendly. Love the ability to print forms.
Scott T.
March 31, 2015

“Our school district has been using SchoolDude for over 8 years.”

ProsThe ease of tracking all items, from budget to problems with equipment.
ConsSometimes, searching can be a problem if you do not put enough info in to start.
Recommendations to other buyersThe more you put into it, the more you get out of it.
March 31, 2015
Chris W.
Sales Manager
201-500 employees
January 16, 2018

“Very friendly to the user and guides you step by step”

OverallVery good for the price
ProsEasy and simplistic steps to process your order with customization. I like the graphs and data presentation.
ConsReport generation on schedule. Limitations on search feature. Wish there was email notification when work was complete
January 16, 2018
Jennifer H.
1.5/5
March 10, 2015

“Probably ok for Maintenance tickets but terrible for IT requests”

ProsThe one thing that I do like about this system is that if you use both IT and Maintenance, you can send a ticket over to the other side without reentering it.
ConsThe biggest issue with this software is that everything about IT tickets is difficult. It's difficult for the users to create them. It's difficult for the staff to manage the assignments. It is counter-intuitive to enter work done on the ticket. Because there is no real security, it exposes our ticket content to the world if they just enter an email address.
Recommendations to other buyersIf anyone is evaluating IT ticket tracking software, look somewhere else. There are many other products that are just as reasonably priced, or less, that will give you more functionality and more reporting features.
Allen S.
Supervisor Maintenance & Operations
February 10, 2014

“Preventive Maintenance Program”

OverallWe began using MaintenanceEdge because we needed a better preventive maintenance program. Our previous program lacked specific information about what work needed to be done and what had been done. MaintenanceEdge helped us set our new baseline for proper preventive maintenance. We feel confident PM gains the maximum life out of our equipment. We have an accurate inventory and the maintenance equipment records are helpful during regulatory reviews. In fact, The Joint Commission called our system `a best practice from their experience during our last review. In addition to improving our PM program, it also improved our operations and staff scheduling almost immediately. Having the ability to run reports showing open or in-progress work orders helps us to more effectively allocate staff and resources. Our day-to-day operations are a lot smoother now.
February 10, 2014