Oracle Food & Beverage POS Ratings

Overall
2.5/5
2.6/5
2.2/5

About Oracle Food & Beverage POS

Oracle Food and Beverage provides comprehensive restaurant point-of-sale systems that can be scaled to meet the needs of every type and size of restaurant, whether you operate a single restaurant or hundreds. With our modular restaurant POS systems that let you buy what you need, our restaurant point of sale software solutions are perfect for table service, fast casual, and quick service restaurants. Learn more about Oracle Food & Beverage POS

Daniel C.
Managing Partner
June 7, 2019

“Bigger Isnt Always Better”

OverallWe opened with a MICROS system 8 years ago, and a few years ago, we decided to update the system and re-up with Oracle/Micros instead of switching to one of the newer companies with better reviews and ratings. A big reason for that, we had already invested thousands in the hardware - all-be-it, somewhat outdated compared to the competition. We were actually at a point where are software was near unusable and had to do something. Then once we signed the agreement, the new hard drive and other hardware arrive within a couple weeks, but the install wasn't schedule for a couple months. So we had to store these boxes until the install date, and not only that, but we started being bill almost immediately, several weeks before we had scheduled the install. But despite all that, the system has been reliable and dependable. Though its been harder as the years went on, the service and warranty coverage from Micros/Oracle has always been pretty solid too.
ProsOur Oracle POS is fairly easy to use and learn Its also been reliable and dependable since we have opened 8 years ago
ConsSystem seems bulky and slow, needs constant rebooting and cleaning Nothing flashy or sleek about it. Have found glitches across the board in various areas While its easy to use, I don't think we are really getting the bang for our buck, and I think a lot of the features are lost on us, or underutilized.

By Oracle Hospitality on June 10, 2019
Hey, Daniel - Thanks so much for the honest review! We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if you need any additional support or if you have any issues you need resolved - we are happy to help! Email us here oracle-foodandbev_ww@oracle.com or here samantha.james@oracle.com and we will get back to you asap!!!!
June 7, 2019
Dominic F.
September 22, 2017

“It was good when it was Micros but since Oracle bought them its appalling.”

ProsCan't think of anything nice to say. Other than the local micros people in Vancouver were always very nice and supportive. I wish it was different but I think selling to Oracle has reduced the customer focus.
ConsOne of our units is closing down so before the service contract was renewed for another year I asked for it to be cancelled. They said they wouldn't cancel it as its on auto renew and time had run out. I hadn't noticed the auto renew notices as they went into junk mail. Just over a week before the contract auto renewed I checked junk mail, saw it and requested to cancel immediately. As it was a service contract and therefore no hardware, time or training had been used I thought this would be easy. But no. They just didn't care. Or care that I had been a loyal customer for over 10 years in three locations. They are very slow to respond and about as far from being customer centric as possible. Pity as as I say I was quite happy with Micros and have another location coming up next year. Having spoken to other POS companies I am now considering changing all my systems.

By Oracle Hospitality on September 25, 2017
Hey, Dominic - Thank you for your honest review. We have forwarded your concerns over to our sales team in Canada, and someone will be reaching out to you shortly. Thanks for your patience!!! --Oracle Marketing
September 22, 2017
Jennifer R.
GM/Owner
July 7, 2019

“Support is impossible ”

OverallTerrible.
ProsFunny, you can't submit a review without naming pros of the system, seriously, it won't permit you to post without it! Ease of use for the most part would be the best pro I can think of.
ConsI desperately need help with one issue and they completely, point blank REFUSE to help with what for them would be a simple issue if i won't pay them for a full service contract. This is ridiculous and a change for the worse since Oracle took over. We have had this system for ten years and are a small, stand-alone restaurant. We do not need their very expensive service contract, we barely have had one question or issue a year and this would be a large, unnecessary expense for us. I have been approached by a number of other POS companies where the hardware is FREE to us (unlike the $25,000 we spent on this Micros system!!) and covered by credit card processing fees. I am getting ready to change to one of them based on the terrible service issue.

By Oracle Hospitality on July 9, 2019
Hey, Jennifer - We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. We will have a representative call you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!!!
July 7, 2019
Debbie K.
September 16, 2016

“Oracle Hospitality POS Support is subpar!!!”

OverallUnfortunately, we made the mistake of upgrading our POS system last October 2015. Previously, we had excellent service from Micros. However, since Oracle purchased them, service is absolutely horrible. Our service contract is up for renewal. We have left at least 15 messages for a representative to return our call. We are operating without a service contract, but we can not believe that Oracle does not care about customer service and does not monitor a representative's phone log to question why calls are not being returned.
ProsThe system is easy to use, but the conversion was not a smooth process. We found several, functions that were not converted properly, but Oracle wanted us to pay for the program to be changed.
ConsCustomer support/help line. I have had to wait over an hour for a representative to answer the call. We use to be able to call individuals at Micros and they would solve our simple issues. Not any more! Everything requires a case number.
Recommendations to other buyersDo not buy this POS system. Service is the terrible. No personal service any more. Oracle ruined a good company.

By Oracle Hospitality on October 24, 2016
Thank you for your honest review. We will forward this along to the appropriate department and they will be reaching out to you. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing
September 16, 2016
Tim M.
IT Manager/Systems Administrator
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
August 10, 2018

“Micros 3700 POS ”

ProsA few years ago Oracle hospitality purchased the Micros POS software corp. The Micros 3700 is for small to medium-sized restaurants and does a pretty good job. The user interface for employees can be customized to step an employee through the order process without much coaching. The Kitchen Display System works well for communicating needs to the kitchen staff. My local dealer is pretty good with customer support and hardware service.
ConsThe reporting is canned and can't be customized without a healthy investment to have a report custom written. There are 3rd party web reporting software groups that do a much better job. The programming was originally developed in the 90's, and hasn't been updated on the back end, so setup can be a little confusing. If you call Oracle's help desk to ask a question, don't expect to wait on hold for less than 30 minutes for someone to tell you that they need to research the problem and call you back...which may or may not happen.
August 10, 2018
Vijay V.
Accountant
June 10, 2019

“Industry Standard in F&B”

OverallIt works well and I believe it is the industry standard in the restaurant business.
ProsWe use two different versions of the POS at 2 different restaurants (inside our hotels). One is an older server based and the other is a newer web based version. Both versions work very well. Their tech support is very knowledgeable if you ever need any help. Also, the POS software integrates well with our hotel software (Opera). The web based software is newer and great to be able to access remotely to run reports. We will be upgrading the old server based software to web based very soon.
ConsI wish it were cheaper. But, you get a quality product and professional support.
June 10, 2019
Jeffrey O.
FB Manager
May 8, 2018

“Good System and easy to navigate once trained on, but Support and installation was brutally slow!”

ProsGood Navigation, programming in the backend is smooth. Cloud platform is nice as well as the app to view sales.
ConsReporting is troublesome and access for multiple users, seems to be a problem. Sales team was the worst I have ever worked with and took almost 2 years to get finished from the first quote. Kept getting re-quoted and paying a higher price as Oracle didn't have there act together. Was forced to take this product due to corporate policy or I would have chosen another option other than Oracle.

By Oracle Hospitality on May 15, 2018
Hello, Jeffrey - Thanks for your review. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you at this time by emailing us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. We are happy to help!!
May 8, 2018
Helen H.
January 4, 2018

“Horrible experience with Oracle! Stay away. Micros was great, to bad. ”

Prossoftware works most of the time , durable hardware, user friendly. The very few good things are insignificant in comparison to all the bad things with Oracle
Cons Purchased the software when it was Micros in 1998. Throughout the next 17 years we had four upgrades to software and hardware. Each time we had an upgrade we did a lease through Micros . Our last upgrade was two years ago and at this time the company Micros was acquired by Oracle. This was the worst upgrade in the 20 years that we have had this POS system. The sales person with Oracle set me up with the leasing company to set up the lease for our latest update. I assumed it was the same as the other fou updates we have done and it would be a two year lease . I trusted the company that I have done business with for 20 years. The leasing company Oracle put me in touch with and told me they handle all their leases ended up never funding the lease. I found this out because oracle started billing me 18 months later for delinquent invoices. I called oracle and advised them that I have been making my payments for the lease every month. With further investigation, we found out that the leasing company never paid Oracle for the upgrade. I have contacted Oracle dozens of times in regards to this, they refused to do anything about it and continue to bill me and send me threats via email that they're going to terminate my services. I have hired a lawyer to go after the leasing company, no help from oracle. They don't care that the leasing company they sent me to ripped me off. Terrible

By Oracle Hospitality on January 5, 2018
Hi Helen - Thank you very much for your honest review. We have forwarded this information onto sales escalation, a member of our team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any immediate questions by emailing at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing
January 4, 2018
Rose W.
April 11, 2017

“No support even with contract”

OverallMy 3700 micros is less than a year old. Purchased maintenance contract and was ASSURED it has hardware and software support. Not true. All kinds of programming glitches that I had to live with for months with no help from support. For months I had email communications with a contract renewal sales person ( the same person who sold me the first contract ) about getting SOFTWARE support help/ contract. Now there is a " fatal hard drive" error message when credit card processing company tried to install a terminal that can take chip cards since Micros still does not have the technology to do so. I tried againand again technical support said they can help but they have to submit a billable ticket. This is a software problem. Back to same sales person for help with getting software contract. Today got an email from her saying my same contract that has not worked and that has not expired was " activated" and " renewed" and it should work. I cannot believe what I was reading. This is months of communications back and forth about NO SOFTWARE HELP. To date I paid for 2 contracts with the same number that specified " hardware technical support" but still have a piece of equipment that cannot accept chip card reader. And that have all kinds of glitches no one seem to know why.
ProsHave many capabilities to help in running a business
ConsIf only we know how to use the system. No live support. No software support. No service. No knowledgeable people working for the company. Fragmented help.
Recommendations to other buyersBuyer beware! A great system but no good if you don't know how to use it

By Oracle Hospitality on April 11, 2017
Hey, Rose - Thanks for reaching out to us here. We are very sorry to hear of this issue. We have forwarded your information over to escalation and someone will be reaching out to you soon. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com, or feel free to reach out to my personally at the email provided by Capterra. --Samantha, Oracle Marketing
April 11, 2017
Aaron M.
Senior Hospitality Analyst
February 17, 2017

“Micros - the worst customer experience available.”

OverallI currently have over 300 POS workstations deployed across multiple Micros platforms including Simphony 1x and Res 3700, as well as a number of hotels running Opera PMS. Dealing with Micros since the oracle takeover is the most painful customer service experience I have ever had to deal with in 20+ years in the hospitality industry. Their sales process is broken to the point where it is almost impossible to get a timely quote, and their support services are beyond useless. I would literally recommend going with ANY other provider before having to deal with Oracle Hospitality.
ProsThe central management capabilities of Simphony are actually quite strong, and there are very limited options when dealing with large operations. They DO provide the best interface with Opera PMS, but only because they have artificially disabled IP interfaces to any third party products and only support Oracle product integrations via IP at this point.
ConsDealing with Oracle is literally the most frustrating customer service experience you can imagine. Their service is beyond hopeless, their sales teams are incapable of providing timely quotes, and when they DO get orders placed they are incorrect more often than not. Oracle has introduced so much red tape into what was already a difficult company to deal with that working with pen and paper would likely be a better option for many people at this point.
Recommendations to other buyersI have worked for POS companies as well as re sellers and end users for many years and would recommend finding someone who wants to put their clients first and can provide top notch support. Most POS systems are similar under the hood, so finding a good sales and support experience is imperative.

By Oracle Hospitality on February 20, 2017
Hey, Aaron - Thanks for your honest review. We would like to get more information from you so that we can have the proper team reach out to you. We want you to have a good experience with Oracle Hospitality, so please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with your contact information. Thanks for your patience! --Oracle Marketing
February 17, 2017
MARILYNN H.
bookkeeper
November 15, 2016

“A complete disaster”

OverallWe are writing this review to express extreme disappointment in our Micros/Oracle POS system. In spring of 2014 we met with several POS venders and ultimately chose Micros because they promised 'at table' ordering and credit card support with their new hand-held devices. We were also promised a smooth transition from our previous POS system. Nearly two years have passed and our installation still has not been completed. The following are the problems that ensued. ' Training was a disaster. Their trainer came late and unprepared. Our entire staff was present and 'on the clock' as they sat waiting for the trainer to learn their product. Most of our staff's questions went unanswered. Our staff was left to figure things out on their own; both front and back of the house. ' The handhelds, which were the main reason for our purchase, have never worked properly. They frequently lock up while our servers are taking orders, causing duplicate orders and a lot of product waste. The hand held devices cause the delay of orders to our kitchen and bar, negatively impacting our guests. The credit card swipes on the hand held units have never worked. Oracle has still not come up with a solution after 2 years. Battery life is another issue. We were promised 6-8 hours between charges. We get three at best. ' The 'end of night' server reports are inaccurate. There are several glitches causing inaccurate data. The glitches occur when they are splitting checks, payments drop off of their 'end of night' report. Our servers do not trust their reports and spend a lot of time recalculating. ' The back of the house sales report is inaccurate and has never made sense. Occasionally the computer randomly drops sales tax from one of the server guest checks. Accounting and IT has spent hundreds of hours trying to find and fix these errors, without success. We have made many attempts to try to make this system work, including conversations with Oracle sales team and support. They have been completely ineffective in solving any of their systems short comings. In our opinion, our installation has never been completed. We were left with the dysfunctional equipment and inaccurate reports right from the beginning. If we are unable to resolve our problems we will be forced to look for a new POS system that is able to handle our restaurants' needs. We will not recommend this POS system to anyone at this time.
Prosnone
Consmany
Recommendations to other buyersHas potential if the product is installed correctly
November 15, 2016
Em B.
June 13, 2016

“Say No To Oracle”

OverallI am the general manager of a restaurant who purchased a $20,000 system through Micros approximately 2 years ago. Everything started out great...Micros was FABULOUS until Oracle bought them out. Before Oracle took over 'IF' I had any problems or just general questions, I could almost immediately get a programmer or technician from the local office on the phone and they always had the answers...but then Oracle came along. We immediately began to have system issues that stayed unresolved because I was rarely ever contacted back by a service technician and when I was they made the problem worse, once even knocking my entire system off-line...it stayed that way for an entire weekend until a tech from the local office was sent out to fix it. He was one of the original people who installed my system and had the issue fixed within 15 minutes thankfully. He was amazing!!! It took dozens of phone calls, massive hold times, some profanity and a little crying on my end to actually get an onsite tech sent out. My Micros sales rep provided me with the email address of the head of Oracle's service dept...I've never heard back from him. The onsite tech told me that the local office had been downsized considerably and the employees that were left were forbidden by Oracle to speak directly with anyone about service issues. He also told me that the employees at the Oracle call center were never trained to use much less resolve issues with the Micros system. We have regretted the change to Micros ever since Oracle took over. Thankfully we haven't had any recent issues and I pray that we don't because it will be nothing but a headache. The owner of the restaurant I manage is in the process of opening a 2nd and 3rd restaurant...we will NOT be installing Oracle systems in either. It's a shame after spending $20,000 on a system along with paying yearly service contract fees that a person/company should be treated this way. We are both in the 'hospitality industry'...I would be mortified to know that any of my customers were treated this way!!

By Oracle Hospitality on June 13, 2016
Hello, Em - Thank you for your review. We would like to speak with you in order to mitigate the issues that you have been experiencing. We will forward this review to the service representative for your area, and someone will be contacting you soon. Thanks for you patience.
June 13, 2016
Nicole T.
March 8, 2018

“Avoid Oracle/Micros if you know whats good for you. ”

OverallThey were quick to set up and get it working, but that's it. No other benefits whatsoever.
ProsNot very much. When issues do happen (which is often), the IT and tech support that visits are always very friendly and helpful, but that's about it.
ConsThis company is a conglomerate nightmare. We were sold on the res 3700 system, which we were assured would be a great fit for our small restaurant and that the technology was well supported and would be updated frequently. None of that has happened. Almost every other week our tablets break down in one form or another. Ease of use is non-existent on the back-end, where creating buttons, running reports and getting any information is extremely complex and not user friendly. The tablets are somehow Oracle branded, which they don't make anymore. So whenever we have a problem they can't fix, we receive 'up-cycled' items from restaurants who have already abandoned this system. We were trapped in a 4 year contract, of which any updates or support to try to assist the barely functioning system would result in a complete renewal of contract! Finally we are 2 months away from leaving this company and never returning. Please, for the love of god, stay away. For everyone like me, you understand.

By Oracle Hospitality on March 19, 2018
Hey, Nicole - Thank you for your honest review. We would like to get you the help you need to fix these issues. Please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with your contact information so that we may reach out to you. Thank you! --Oracle Marketing
March 8, 2018
Frank S.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2017

“Why is Oracle-Micros still in business?”

OverallHeadaches with perhaps the most disorganized company ever dealt with. Not sure how they are sill in business. We will be letting our equipment from Micros go and switch to a provider with customer service.
ProsThe Micros - Oracle system is versatile and has many options to be used such as accounting and invoicing, inventory, etc.
ConsTerrible customer service. Getting the runaround for 3 weeks. Nobody seems to be responsible for anything. Running in circles.

By Oracle Hospitality on June 20, 2017
Thanks for the review, Frank. We appreciate your feedback and want to get you assistance. We will be having a representative reach out to you!! Thanks. --Oracle Marketing
June 19, 2017
Judy B.
manager
November 8, 2018

“Want your money with nothing in return ”

Overallhorrible- I would never wish this on my worst enemy they customer support is non existent
Prosno much to like - easy to use when it works don't every try to upgrade
Consyou have to buy every single interface for any of it to work slow and bogs down

By Oracle Hospitality on November 21, 2018
Hello, Judy - Thanks so much for your honest review. We are very sorry to hear of your negative experience with Oracle and we want to help resolve the issue as soon as possible. Can you please email samantha.james@oracle.com with your contact information and more information on the issue? We will be happy to have an executive reach out. Thanks! --Samantha
November 8, 2018
Julio V.
IT Manager
Food & Beverages, 1001-5000 employees
August 28, 2019

“My experience with Oracle Food & Beverage POS.”

OverallMy experience is good! The little documentation available in Portuguese is not help, but support help when we need it.
ProsThe software has many good features, so i can't pinpoint a main one. What I can say is that its interface is very practical for POS operators.
ConsI can't say I didn't like it, but I think the configuration part of SIMPHONY through EMC is very complex.
August 28, 2019
David L.
Software Engineer
Retail, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2019

“Oracle Hospitality POS Review”

OverallUsed in restaurants and in a QS kiosk environment. Mostly resolve issues ourselves. Had one major issue with database and help desk l1, and 2 were quick to resolve.
ProsRES 3700 Customization. Quickly make changes to enterprise.
ConsCloud products. Lack of ongoing support in the future.
Wederson da Silva R.
IT assistant
August 23, 2019

“Near to the Best”

OverallOverall I consider a very good system, but the price is too high.
ProsI like the simplicity and how to use. For management is easy to use too. Few commands make a lot of preset things.
ConsAt the initial configuration, you need a technical specialist, because the manual is hard to understand at the begin.
August 23, 2019
Charlie M.
Mgr POS
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

“Great Enterprise Solution”

OverallIts nice to work with a large vendor but I feel the integrations are lagging
ProsStability and reliability. Large enough company that they are fiscally stable.
ConsLack of technical support in certain areas. Over complication of products and features. Failure to evolve and partner with 3rd parties
Justin M.
AP/IT Manager
December 30, 2016

“Oracle Support is the worst I have ever dealt with buy another product”

OverallSince the purchase of Micros by Oracle, the support standards have gone so far beyond sub par that I don't even receive phone calls back about issues I call in, the tickets just get closed when Oracle feels like it. They state that they have left messages with the site which is false as all technical calls are routed directly to me) plus my phone number and email are on every piece of documentation and yet they can't find the time to contact me before closing the case. During the installation of a new terminal, I kept records of the times that were worked, and yet the times that their staff submitted did not match the actual working times and they refused to adjust the issue to show the correct times. If you are thinking of buying this product, buy a different one simply do to the support
ProsThe software itself is fantastic and can be adapted readily when you know how to use it.
ConsWorking with Oracle in any fashion is tedious at best. They care nothing for their users and only seek to increase their profits while destroying any customers service that they could provide.
Recommendations to other buyersBuy something else.

By Oracle Hospitality on December 31, 2016
Hey, Justin - Thanks for the honest review. We have forwarded this information to support escalation and they will be contacting you. Please note that the Oracle winter break will run through Monday, January 2nd, so please expect a short delay. Thanks for your patience! --Oracle Marketing
December 30, 2016
Kelcie S.
Analyst
Restaurants, 10,001+ employees
December 21, 2018

“Oracle”

ProsI liked that this software was efficient and had robust functionality
ConsDifficult to learn how to use. Took me a long time to get up to speed on the inner/outer workings of it.

By Oracle Hospitality on January 2, 2019
Hello, Kelcie! If you have any questions or need help with Oracle support or training, please reach out to us at foodbev-central_ww@oracle.com. We would love to help! Thanks!
December 21, 2018
Josh W.
Tax Accountant III
March 5, 2019

“The Good & Bad - Oracle F & B”

OverallOur expectation was to slowly integrate into it, a couple of hotels at a time, etc. We really like it now, and there are occasional kinks still being worked out but overall moving efficiently now.
ProsOur company recently switched to this software as we are in the hospitality industry this seemed like a logical choice. Once the kinks are worked out it is very easy to maneuver, look up certain items, etc.
ConsThe set up time, it took our company of about 45 hotels and some managed hotels about a year and half to get up to speed with the new system. Every other day during the transition stage it seemed like another issue popped up.
March 5, 2019
Christopher B.
Restaurant Manager

“Easy to use software!”

OverallAnytime a Tech comes onsite it's a phenomenal experience. Representative our onsite technician is super friendly and helpful. Location support is probably the best part of the software!
ProsVery intuitive and easy for servers to use
ConsCustomization can be difficult and support for programming via phone is difficult
Ryan M.
Chef Owner
February 16, 2018

“I'd give zero stars if it was an option...”

ProsGreat local support from reps and IT. I felt a sense they really cared and supported my business. That's it... that's the only positive and it's heavily outweighed by the negatives.
ConsWas a Micros customer at a previous job and liked the ability to dig into the reporting side of things. This is not the same company I remember. Was sold on the Symphony system only to find out it was being pulled from the shelves weeks before I opened my restaurant, with a lot of money already invested I had little choice but to settle for Res 3700, a very outdated version of a POS system, simple tasks such as splitting and combining cheques are a nightmare to complete if they work at all. The overall UI is very clunky and very unintuitive. The worst part by far has been the overseas customer support (which is really an oxymoron) who show little empathy to the plights of a small business owner they are unwilling to work with a start up trying to find footing in the tough restaurant market. My local reps were great and touted how well Oracle Micros works with the small business owner, I came to find out once a problem left the local level they showed little remorse or willingness to work together. There are many, MANY, better POS options out there for restauranteurs. If I could go back and do it all over again I would not have signed with this company sadly I am stuck with them as I do not have the capital to make a switch.

By Oracle Hospitality on February 20, 2018
Hi Ryan - Thank you for your honest review. We have forwarded this information to support escalation in your area, a member of our team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have any immediate questions by emailing us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thank you - Oracle Marketing
February 16, 2018
jesus R.
December 5, 2017

“Nice software ”

OverallOnline reporting Inventory track
ProsBecause of the no. Of transactions we handle a day we could.not find any other sw robust to handle them
ConsPrice! But we could match our budget. The sales person and the techie guy help us to work on the ROI and the board could make a good choice

By Oracle Hospitality on December 6, 2017
Thank you for the review, Jesus. We really appreciate the positive words about our solutions! Please let us know if you need anything - Oracle Marketing
December 5, 2017
Robert L.
CIO
May 7, 2018

“Frustrating. Painful.”

ProsIt works some of the time. When we have issues, 10% of the time I get a really great and competent support tech. The rest of the time I deal with someone who I feel like I'm teaching. Most issues take months to resolve.
ConsArchaic interface & configuration. But what's really terrible is the customer support since Oracle took over with their "silo" system. Every time we have a problem we're starting at square one with someone who knows nothing about our system or business. It's awful. Only when problems are critical is it worth navigating "support". Perhaps that's the Oracle business model?

By Oracle Hospitality on May 11, 2018
Hello, Robert - We are very sorry to hear about your frustrations with Oracle support. Please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com or marketing at samantha.james@oracle.com. We can get your request to support escalation and to a team who can see your past support requests and will be able to help you. Thanks for your patience!!!
May 7, 2018
Dave S.
February 1, 2017

“Expensive and primitive ”

OverallNot overly enthused by this point of sale. It's a bit archaic, glitchy and limiting. Not to mention expensive.
ProsNot much
ConsDifficult to navigate. Unreliable.
Recommendations to other buyersStay away from it.

By Oracle Hospitality on February 1, 2017
Hey, Dave. Thanks for the review. Is there any questions you have that we might be able to assist you with in order to improve your experience? We are here to help. Feel free to email us at OracleHosp_ww@oracle.com to start the conversation. Thanks. --Oracle Marketing
February 1, 2017
Gustavo H K.
Head of IT
September 11, 2019

“One of the best F&B software for hospitality”

ProsEasy to use Lots of Reports Great for Operations
ConsSupport needs to be improved and Configurations are not easy if you never used Micros softwares
September 11, 2019
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees
April 23, 2019

“Micros”

ProsThe software is very user friendly and allows for easy training.
ConsI would love a reorder button to make it easier for times when there are duplicate orders.
April 23, 2019
April 2, 2019

“Excellent and friendly service ”

OverallAll good and works perfectly
ProsUser friendly application and design and team was excellent
ConsGst tax slot need to be extra and no user activity log
Harutyun M.
Waiter
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
August 30, 2019

“Normal sofware”

OverallA useful software to prepare lists, tables and does not require hard knowledge of it.
ProsThe software is simple, once learned all the needed steps, can use easily. Can easily be used when multitasking.
ConsThe program as itself is suitable for computers, but for tablet or phone it's such a big deal to use.
August 30, 2019
Akash A.
Night Manager
August 24, 2019

“Disastrous”

ProsNothing at all. Oracle is only being used because a bunch senior managers have chosen this product and do not even use it themselves.
ConsThis is supposed to be used by users worldwide yet it seems to be configured, designed by a dumb person. The scroll bar stays stuck till the last option on the list. Seriously these are basics. When putting a profile note for a guest in a specific room, after going into the room toy further have to go into the profile and further select from a list of options to leave a trace. It surely could be simpler. When doing payments the EFTPOS button does not work why is it even there in that case.

By Oracle Hospitality on August 27, 2019
Hello, Akash! Thanks for your honest review. Can you please email thierry.guiraudios@oracle.com with your contact information? We would love better understand the situation and help improve it! Thanks!
August 24, 2019
Dan D.
CIO
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
December 23, 2018

“Look for any other alternative. Don't buy Symphony”

OverallWe have 17 properties using Micros Symphony and we have begun migrating to newer and better systems. Word of advise no matter what you are told, DO NOT spend a second considering Oracle for any of your hospitality needs. Never again!
ProsMicros is well known and has a long history in the industry.
ConsMicros Symphony is an outdated product. It is developed on old technology using old programming techniques. The product is slow and very very maintenance intensive. The system is not easy to use, and certainly not easy to setup. It's a bad investment in every sense of the word. To cap an already bad investment you need to know that you cannot rely on support, which is effectively innexiatant.

By Oracle Hospitality on January 2, 2019
Hello, Dan - We would like to help address these issues for you as soon as possible. Please email me at samantha.james@oracle.com so I can get you in touch with support escalation! Thanks!
December 23, 2018
Martin S.
January 26, 2018

“The Worst POS system Customer service sucks !”

Prosday to day function is not difficult but changing things in back montior is headache there should be a easier way to change items.
ConsThe Worst POS system I have been trying to get support for a month and now they tell me after back and forth with several customer service representatives apparently I have failed to pay support status which never received a bill for and now I called to try to pay the bill and they are closed. Im trying to run my business and need important information and they can't get me a representative to come out and fix my issue.

By Oracle Hospitality on January 29, 2018
Hi Martin - Thank you for your honest review. We have forwarded this information to support escalation and sales in your area, a member of our team will reach to you as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any immediate questions by emailing at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thanks! -- Oracle Marketing
January 26, 2018
STEPHANIE R.
September 19, 2019

“Oracle Hospitality POS”

OverallThe customer service rep was great and help me fix my problem ASAP
Prosease to work with
Consdisconnections
September 19, 2019
Chris R.
August 11, 2016

“The most terrible company ”

OverallHonestly this product is difficult to operate. Hard to program and the very worst customer service I have experienced in the industry.
ProsNone
August 11, 2016
Rodrigo C.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
June 14, 2016

“Really bad se4vice for the high price”

OverallIs an expensive software very complete, with modules for alm0st every aspect of restaurant administration, but it is very difficult to achieve even the 75% of its capabilities.
ProsVery useful for sales
ConsVery very poor service since micros merge into oracle. No response to several cases, only explanations and promises. I even lost the Spanish support (I am from South America). I invested over us$ 25.000 in The platform, and forced to pay an high amount of money per year to have support. But for more than 1 year I almost have nothing. Very disappointing
Recommendations to other buyersFor now, not recommended

By Oracle Hospitality on June 14, 2016
Hello, Rodrigo - Thank you for your honest review. We would like to contact you regarding the issues you have experienced. We are forwarding this to our LATAM sales manager, and someone will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you!
June 14, 2016
Hyo moon K.
Operations Coordinator
September 13, 2018

“Oracle can't fix their own system problems, shame! Symphony”

OverallDon't waste your money and time on this kind of product. I trusted their name value "Oracle". I should have chose NCR, Toast or Square. I feel betrayed.
ProsNone. simply go over the review who can be satisfied with this.
ConsSR 3-18163661171 : Sales Mix Names Alignment Issue This is my service ticket and by today, it has been 21 days. what kind of restaurant can't even find out what kind food they are selling? Their techs don't even know what is causing this and don't even let us know updates and progress. I still don't know what kind meat we are selling on the report. This is not a first time, we had some issues and sometime their POS is not working at all, so we have backup POS from other company. we have replaced their system twice already this year for two different locations. worst product and service. I heard that Starbuck is using Symphony and I don't know how they are doing. I have visited one of our locations in UTC San Diego and we had a problem with Symphony and at the same time Starbuck had a problem too. I am not sure whether it was the same issue or not. they need to fix things right. Maybe hire more techs to fix things in timely manner.

By Oracle Hospitality on September 18, 2018
Hello, Hyo Moon. We are very sorry to hear of this issue and have alerted support management. They will be reaching out to you today. Please email me at samantha.james@oracle.com if you need further assistance - I am happy to help! Thanks for your patience!
September 13, 2018
Frank L.
September 12, 2017

“Oracle Hospitality is an Abomination!!”

OverallNone whatsoever
ProsThere is absolutely nothing good to say about Oracle Hospitality. I have no idea how they are still in business and why they haven't been sued out of existence!
ConsI say ditto to all the other abysmal reviews on this page. My only question is: Why hasn't anyone filed a class action suit against Oracle to recover our losses?

By Oracle Hospitality on September 13, 2017
Hey, Frank - Thank you for your honest review, and we are sorry to hear that you have had issues with our company. We have brought your comments to the regional sales director in your territory, and someone will be reaching out ASAP to you. Please let us know if you have any additional comments/questions by emailing us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thanks for your patience! --Oracle Marketing
September 12, 2017
jeremiah c.
July 20, 2016

“WORST SERVICE EVER AND ITS NOT GETTING ANY BETTER .”

OverallTHE WORST COSTUMER EVER! I love this heading from Oracle "were hanging on every word" but nothing changes! Money invested in this company and I can't even get someone to speak to in English. multiple phone calls made this person on break call back in 45 minutes call backstay on hold for another 45 minutes and boom someone I can't understand. I have money coming out of my account every month and you're still sending me bills.your customer service has destroyed the quality of micros product I can't believe you continue your hospitality business the way you do ! do you even read your reviews? Do you understand people in the restaurant business don't have time for this kind of bs? FYI I am a reputable business owner I do pay my bills and customer service is always #1 at my place of business ! and yes I did leave a review before so I'm sure I will get the same response as everyone else did. "we would like your contact info so we can resolve any issues as quickly as possible " clearly nothing is getting resolved by this company. PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY IN THIS COMPANY.
July 20, 2016
Sean R.
March 21, 2018

“Oracle Is Driving Micros Into The Ground”

ProsI have many years of experience with Micros and their old team. Almost everyone has been replaced by a tangled mess emails, support portals and non functioning numbers.
ConsThe automatic response to email oracle at the help email address is the worst way to tell a customer to figure it out on your own.

By Oracle Hospitality on March 27, 2018
Hello, Sean - Thank you for your honest review. We are addressing this issue, and we will reach out to you shortly. Thanks for your patience, and please reach out to us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with further inquiries. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing
March 21, 2018
James H.
Server
July 3, 2017

“Nothing but trouble doesn't work over half the time”

ConsLiterally everything its cost my restaurant thousands it doesn't work 70% of the time customer service is non existent micros seems to actually enjoy ripping its customers off the system doesn't work period.

By Oracle Hospitality on July 5, 2017
Hey, James! Thanks for your feedback. We have forwarded this issue over to the appropriate managers, and someone will be reaching out to your restaurant shortly. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing
July 3, 2017
Max D.
Server
Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

“Great Product!”

OverallFulfillment of customer needs and apt communication with staff.
ProsI appreciate the ease of usability and customization.
ConsThe platform can be rigid at times but overall my dissatisfaction is minimal.
JaVon A.
Restaurants, 10,001+ employees
January 18, 2019

“Oracle Hospitality POS - JA”

ProsOracle POS allows you to easily dive into all transactions for your company to monitor facets such as voids, sales, and discounts.
ConsOracle's software isn't the easiest to learn how to use.
January 18, 2019
Dara M.
November 7, 2017

“The Worst”

Overallit takes cash
ProsA fairly robust piece of equipment that operates like any other POS and sometimes if there cloud isn't down it works well however is slow to process credit cards in a quick service realm.
ConsTHE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I HAVE HAD SUPPORT IN AUSTRALIA INDIA SPAIN ETC. THEY NEVER. NO TECHNICIANS A TRULY HORRIBLY RAN COMPANY I CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE THIS LARGE OF A COMPANY.

By Oracle Hospitality on November 9, 2017
Hey, Dara - Thank you for your honest review! We have forwarded this information to support escalation and sales in your area, and someone will be reaching out to you to address. Please let me know if you have any immediate questions by emailing at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thanks for your patience! --Oracle Marketing
November 7, 2017
Mary G.
August 23, 2016

“Oracle help desk”

OverallI have never been more frustrated in 24 years in the restaurant business with a company's service as I have with Oracle. I would never recommend this company and am very likely going to switch my service

By Oracle Hospitality on August 23, 2016
Hey, Mary. Thank you for your honest review. We want to resolve the issues you are experiencing. Please email oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com, and our team will escalate. Thank you for your patience.
August 23, 2016
September 6, 2018

“Oracle is incredible”

OverallThe training provided was great and the support team is even better if I need help with anything. The live support provided by Oracle was incredible.
ProsIts overall experience is unparalleled to be honest. Its fluid, smooth, and works great.
ConsI haven't encountered anything specific that I don't like. The are still a few things I'm learning, but overall the usage has been awesome and smooth.
September 6, 2018
Robert K.
September 17, 2016

“Micros Hand Held Pad System... worst experience in my life... ever”

OverallComplete, total failure. Zero usable support, nothing but excuses and lies. Do not purchase tgis system under any circumstances (that is, if they continue to try to sell this trash).
ProsNone
ConsNothing. Failure across the board, software and hardware.
Recommendations to other buyersNope. I've said it all.

By Oracle Hospitality on September 19, 2016
Hey, Robert. Thank you for this honest review. We would like to troubleshoot this issue for you in order to mitigate the situation. Please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with your contact information, and we will escalate. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing
September 17, 2016
Kim S.
April 14, 2016

“Terrible Service- if I could give this system Negative star rating I would!”

Overall If you are considering this POS system - beware! We were sold a bill of goods with it! Aside from the E7 system being expensive, antiquated and redundant - the customer service is terrible! The worst I have ever received! When you call you get stuck on hold forever -(on hold right now - have been for 40 minutes). Once you get a person they will open a case for you in which someone is supposed to call you back - in my experience they usually do not call back - a couple of times they have but it was 2 weeks later - not much help trying to keep the burgers and beer rolling out. Twice I have had to pull out the cash registers and go old school until we could get help. - OK Update - finally spoke to someone after being on hold for 45 minutes - another 15 minutes on phone to find out that someone has to call me back. They cannot give me a time frame for a return call but I have been instructed to stay by my phone and keep my phone line open - I guess I don't really need to run my business - I am am on Oracle time!

By Oracle Hospitality on May 23, 2016
Good afternoon, Kim - Thanks for your honest review. We would like to address this situation, so please us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with your contact information, and we will address ASAP. Thanks for your patience!
April 14, 2016
M W.
June 8, 2016

“Oracle forces you to have a service contract or they won't help you!”

OverallI'm the GM of a restaurant. We had Aloha but I was never all that pleased with them and was going to have to upgrade to a new system to be PCI compliant - old system was XP based. Overall on a daily use basis, they are very similar. The main thing that is so horrible about Micros (Oracle) is that they FORCE you to enter a service contract or they will NOT help you at all if there is an issue. At least Aloha let you pay $150/10 minutes of support. I thought THAT was outrageous but since I almost never used it, I didn't worry about it too much. Then I got MICROS. I still hardly use the support (that I have to pay for anyway) but when I do, they are slow to respond or help with anything. At least Aloha was Johnny on the spot for the most part. I'm about to renew my forced contract so I just wanted to vent. I hate this company soooooo much!

By Oracle Hospitality on June 10, 2016
Hello and thank you for your review. We would like to chat with you about your service issues and fix them as soon as possible. Please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com or call us at 1-866-287-4736 and we will escalate to the appropriate department. Thank you so much for your patience!
June 8, 2016