Lodgix.com Ratings

Overall

About Lodgix.com

Free 30 day, no credit card trial. Free setup / support. No contracts. Flat monthly pricing. Integrated to authorize.net and stripe.com. Comprehensive WordPress plugin and API. Integrated to Airbnb, HomeAway Book it Now / Instant Book, Flipkey, Facebook, Booking.com and Expedia. Also includes digital signatures, door lock code generation, work orders, travel insurance, damage protection and MailChimp integration. Owner and employee portals w/ statements and restricted access also available. Learn more about Lodgix.com

Marcus C.
Marketing Director
September 13, 2016

“Lodgix makes running family-owned vacation home business possible”

OverallWhen we decided to start a business renting out our old home to riders of the Hatfield McCoy Trails in West Virginia, we looked for a vacation rental management software that could do it all - organize our reservations, manage guest communications, take care of billing and invoicing, and generate online bookings through an easy-to-use booking process. Lodgix fit the bill in all manners. We love the ResortLock integration because it allows us to give guests easy access to their accommodations at whatever time they arrive by giving them their door code in their pre-arrival email - so no one has to be on site to meet them with a key. We have heard nothing but praise from our guests about this convenience. The online availability calendar and booking system is easy to use on a desktop or smartphone, and is a very useful resource for potential guests to get an instant quote or find a week or weekend that's available. We constantly share it on our Facebook page and suggest that those who call us check it out when they are asking about availability. Very complex email trigger scenarios can be set up so that professional, customized emails automatically go out to guests when their reservation is confirmed, when they've paid in full and when their stay is a week away. I have also set up reminder emails to myself so that I remember when to bill customers and when customers are checking in and checking out. We wouldn't be able to run the administrative end of our business, while still working our own full-time jobs, if it weren't for Lodgix. The Lodgix software has helped us give our guests a great customer experience on a tight budget, and has no doubt given our website a professional look that leads to phone calls and bookings.
ProsI like the door code integration with ResortLock the most. Our triggered email that sends to guests a week before their stay includes the guests' door code and instructions on how to use it and how to change it. I also like the online booking calendar, which allows us to be transparent with our potential customers on pricing and availability. It makes it easy to book instantly, even from a smartphone.
ConsThe Lodgix admin interface is not easy to use from a smartphone. We do not have a dedicated phone answerer or "front desk person" so often times we take customer calls from our cell phones and need to be able to book someone on the spot. It is difficult to use the reservation ticker in the admin interface from a phone, and even more difficult to go through with a complete booking on a phone. I would really like to have a Lodgix app, so that I could have quick access to our availability calendar, and an easy way to make a reservation, right from my phone. Also, the setting up of triggered emails can be confusing. I wish there were more documentation of some common email trigger setups, and/or an easier way to find such documentation from the admin interface.
Recommendations to other buyersLodgix is a great investment for small businesses or vacation home owners who want to spend less time doing administrative tasks and organizing communications with multiple guests at once.
heather r.
August 30, 2016

“Best Reservation Management Software I've had the pleasure of using!”

OverallI have owned two boutique property management companies within the past 20 years. Within that time I have researched property management software up and down, backward and forward looking for just the right fit. I finally found it with Lodgix!
ProsThe ease of use. A person can easily manage one property with Lodgix, or dozens! The software is intuitive to use. I honestly can't recall ever having to call customer support...and I'm not the most tech savvy person. Set up was simple and quick. I also appeciate that Brent is available should I have a question. He always responds in a timely manner. The feature I probably love the most is that Lodgix automatically emails the cleaning company when a reservation is made within the system. This, for me, is HUGE! I used to have to make a 'cleaning schedule' for the cleaning company at the start of each week. This took a boatload of time for me to do and also was open to human error. Since I've started using Lodgix software we have not had ONE mistake with the scheduled cleanings of the vacation rental properties. This sort of peace of mind is priceless! And finally, the monthly fee for using Lodgix is right too. I've paid much MUCH more per month for software that didn't do half as much as Lodgix does with the ease of use it offers. Thank you Brent for developing Lodgix! I'm a fan!!
ConsI had to really think about this one...but I'd have to say that I get a little confused when setting up the 'rules' section. I'm not sure if it is just the way it is worded or what, but I tend to have to ask my husband for help when setting up a property within this section. Hubs seems to understand the rules section just fine. :-/
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work!

By Lodgix.com on August 30, 2016
Yes the rates and rules are due for a major overhaul and guess what? It's done. However it's such a big change that we are holding off till the full impact of the new booking pages has lessened a bit. Change is good, but too much change too quickly sometimes throws users for a loop! Thanks for your review!
Andy P.
Director of Operations and Sales, Managing Partner
July 7, 2017

“It's a hidden gem - stumbled upon Lodgix + learned how awesome it is”

OverallUsing it for over 1.5 years. The manuals are pretty up to date, it just takes some time to get acquainted and set it all up, but the team is very responsive. They have a blog I discovered that they constantly post updates from on new features coming up. They've updated a lot of the user/guest interfaces. Though it has taken awhile to get all things in order, it has saved us a lot of time ! Integrated PM account with Homeaway/VRBO and TripAdvisor/FlipKey, calendar syncing for other non-integrated sites. I've attempted to "try" or convert to another platform/VRM/CRM but due to the extensive set up process, I have not successfully switched. Lodgix has all you need at a great price. I'm glad we stumbled and started with this. It's pretty flexible/versatile, but if you want something better and are willing to pay top dollar, then there's other options out there.
ProsIntegrated payment processing, email and invoice template customization, automated trigger emails, custom rules/pricing, integrates with our website, homeaway, tripadvisor. 2-way calendar sync, and tons of reporting functions/exporting to excel or pdf is simple.
ConsCan't import data, takes time to DIY and learn it if you don't have experience setting up a CRM/VRM. However, they'll schedule a time to guide you and show you via phone/web conference. I became acquainted with (and set up) this software just by using their online guide/manuals and some googling + some late nights when customers weren't calling.
Recommendations to other buyersLeverage their support team, they're great. Use and read the manuals, ask when you need help. It's worth the price and time. Overall 4.5 if I could.
July 7, 2017
James H.
March 8, 2012

“Fits the needs of small but growing company perfectly”

OverallThis is the most well thought-out product I've ever purchased. It has every option you could possibly want, and has contributed to our significant growth in the few months we've been using it. The company is incredibly responsive to suggestions and customer service is top notch. It's clear they have an in-depth understanding of the needs of small- to mid-sized vacation rental businesses. They're a true partner and want you to succeed so they do, too. My advice is to buy this software from the moment you enter the vr business rather than fumbling around with different payment methods (paypal, squareup, etc), trying to keep track of inquiries, lying awake at night worried about double-bookings, forgetting to enter a reservation on your calendar and having someone show up unexpectedly, making sure you collect the balance due from guests prior to arrival, properly accounting for taxes, etc.The amount of time and effort to successfully do that without this software is overwhelming.
ProsThere are literally too many features to list, all of which work seamlessly with each other. Some of the ones that have helped us the most: 1)autoresponding to inquiries (even automatically suggesting comparable properties when the inquiry is for a booked property) 2) building a trackable database of all inquiries and guests 3) sending emails based on specific triggers 4) alerting housekeepers to checkins and checkouts 5) Online booking--no more paypal invoices! No more paypal period!!! Literally get bookings while you sleep, click 3 buttons, and the reservation is accepted, the guest credit card is charged and a confirmation email is sent out (and the email is property specific) Money in the bank! 6) Highly customizable, from discounts, to coupon codes, to custom variables like lockbox codes 7) Simplifies all finances, accounting, tax reporting, allows analysis of your business based on occupancy rate, revenue per unit, etc. so you truly understand and can grow your business.
ConsReally none. There are ongoing improvements to every aspect of the software based on client feedback.

By Lodgix.com on March 8, 2012
Thanks Jim, appreciate the kind words. I'll remember that next time you need a new feature. :-) You've got some amazing properties in Charlotte..for whomever reads this, if you are visiting Charlotte, NC, check out TheHomeCollectionCLT.com for some exceptional vacation rentals!
Richard K.
Real Estate Agent
February 17, 2017

“BEST PM SOFTWARE I HAVE WORKED WITH>>BOTH HANDS DOWN!!!!”

OverallI have only been using Lodgix for 3 months now and have found it a life saver! Getting started was fairly easy. There is a learning curve in some areas but mostly it is common sense. I have often peppered online chat with questions and their response was very good, no matter if it was 2pm or 2am. I have found customer service to be not only open to suggestions for improvement, but surprisingly agreeable to changes and enthusiastic about the implementation of such ideas to enhance the user experience. I have found customer service from the beginning and through the date of this review, that they have been exceptional. Customer Service is the obvious winner here! Customer Service really deserves 10 out of 5 stars in my opinion. All questions are promptly answered. Their scheduled trainings are not only informative, but they go out of their way to spend more time answering any and all questions even if not related to the training subject matter. Customer service is so wonderful that it sometimes overshadows the features and value of Lodgix software. I have been able to fully integrate many booking channels under one roof and even opening up a few more. Channel manager working great. I was able to bring over my current payment service. Everything, once set up has been executed without issues. Some time and diligence is required though. Dont try to rush your self to get going (it is easy to do I must admit). Take your time, you will be rewarded once you flip the on switch! I am beyond satisfied with Lodgix and so grateful to Brent and his team for making the transition into Lodgix painless.
ProsThis ability to fully integrate Homeaway/VRBO, TripAdvisor/Flipkey and Booking.com has been great...AND...ICAL syncing with just about everyone else!
ConsTake your time to get to know all of the functions. You will be happy that you did.
Recommendations to other buyersYou will LOVE their Customer Service!

By Lodgix.com on February 17, 2017
Wow, thanks for the kind words Richard! I hope Lodgix and our team continue to exceed your expectations in the future. We've got a ton of exciting new features to launch and look forward to working with you for many many years. Brent
February 17, 2017
Robert L.
Managing Owner
August 30, 2016

“Best booking management platform out there!”

OverallWe've been on Lodgix for over a year now. We love it! Both before getting Lodgix and since then, I have tried other booking management platforms. This one is more functional and easier to use than all the rest.
ProsEase of use. Love the availability calendar where we can see all the properties at once. In particular, I like how the reservation bar shows a different color based on the payment status (red=not paid, yellow=partial payment, green= paid). Lodgix allows lots of flexibility with respect to entering different fees (rental fee, tax, service fees, cleaning fees, etc.) You can set defualts as well as add charges at the time entering the booking. Other platforms I demo'd were much more confusing with respect to entering booking and payment details. I also love the Facebook page interface. Our own website isn't up and running yet. But, we were able to easily set up a Facebook page fed by Lodgix that makes us look professional and legit right off the bat.
ConsThe user interface for entering rates is a bit cumbersome. The developer has told me they plan to improve that in the near future.
Recommendations to other buyersWorks on mobile devices. I can enter reservations and check details from my phone. Super easy and convenient.
Paul H.

“Unbeatable Software”

OverallI manage 15 short term rentals and Lodgix has made the whole process seamless. I can now do all reservation work from my smart phone almost as easily as from my computer! The software is completely geared toward simplicity and functionality and I can't imagine going back to my days before Lodgix.
ProsVery simple to use, both for me and for my customers. Fully featured, there is nothing essential that I desire that it doesn't offer me. The way it is able to integrate with vrbo is a huge plus so I only have to edit rates, photos, and property details in one location. Also, the credit card processing integration is the best I have every used and carries the lowest rates, and I have tried a lot of them over the 18 years I have been in business. The damage insurance offering is awesome, too. If I ever have questions I just submit a support request and the response is always amazingly fast, with simple explanations.
ConsCan't think of anything!
Recommendations to other buyersIntegration to Quickbooks Desktop would be nice at some point in time, and Airbnb similarly to how it integrates with vrbo/homeaway.
Kim B.
Owner/Operator
August 29, 2016

“Excellent Channel Manager and Booking Program for Vacation Rentals”

OverallI've been in the vacation rental industry since 1996, and have heard many stories about difficulties with channel management systems. I've been very happy with Lodgix, and never hesitate to recommend it to my colleagues.
ProsThe software is consistent, and is a good system. Brent and his team are always working to upgrade and update, and it's much appreciated. I've never received a complaint from a guest regarding the booking system, and if you regularly deal with vacation rental guests you know this says a lot about Lodgix. The team are always extremely quick to respond to questions and issues. I have been very impressed.
ConsCustomizations regarding the plug-in use for your own website. That being said, I work with a web developer who, while sometimes gripes about the ability to customize the Lodgix application for your own website, admits that Lodgix is one of the best channel manager programs to use with your own website. My only other issue would be updates to the user manual and search-ability issues within the manual. The good news is that the team is continually working on upgrades regarding these issues.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're searching for a channel manager, really look into the usability and compatibility. Lodgix has many of them beat.
Sam P.
property manager
April 25, 2013

“Too many great things to say about Lodgix”

OverallThe fact that you can see availability at multiple properties on one page is what drew me to Lodgix. After much searching for a booking calendar that would make things easier rather than just work for me, I got a free trial. I have never looked back....as with anything that makes life easier in the long run, there is a set-up period that can be tedious with lots of data entry. Even this they make quicker by allowing you to easily copy any relevant input from one property to another. With a busy season approaching I was eager to skip things and just get the basic calendar online. It is only as and when I have had periods of time to browse through the site that I have implemented more and more of the settings available. Each one makes my life easier and frees up more of my time in the long run. It seems that everything has been thought of, and if I think of anything that would be useful to me personally Brent invariably makes it happen! I cannot recommend Lodgix highly enough!!
ProsThe support is phenomenal - questions are answered and problems are often sorted in minutes rather than the days you usually have to wait on other websites. I am EXTREMELY technically-challenged but with the awesome and extremely detailed manual (and often Brent's help) have been able to get to a point where I am confidently able to run more and more of my business directly through Lodgix, using my iphone or ipad as much as my desk computer. This is important to me as I manage 20 + villas as well as take bookings for them - so I don't necessarily have enough time at my desk as I could do with! I can now write up and send out invoices or receipts from my phone as I sit in line at the bank. I reckon I am still only utilizing about 25% of the settings and modules available with the general subscription, I discover new time-savers constantly. The site is extremely well set out too - easy to access anything anytime and go from one screen to another.
ConsAny problems that I have encountered have generally been because of our somewhat remote location in the Caribbean. Most of this been overcome however.
April 25, 2013
Kendall C.
August 31, 2016

“Dependable, affordable and simple to use - User since 2011 50+ units”

OverallDependable: I can't think of a single time the system went down other than planned maintenance. This is key. It integrates very well with WordPress so our website is meaningful. It integrates well with VRBO so our main marketing resources work well. The price just right and scales when we grow
ProsVersatility. It allows me to manage properties in a flexible way that I can support and serve a wide variety of furnished home types.
ConsThere is no internal tools to record information about a property that can be shared on work orders or with the cleaners. I.E. Alarm Codes that I want to share with a cleaner - I have to use a third party system to communicate internal information. Maintenance guidelines, maintenance logs etc. Operation tools like this would be helpful.
Recommendations to other buyersAn APP that works fast on a mobile device would rock ones world. Where we are a very mobile company, we're in the filed a lot, it would be nice to field reservation calls on the go and be able to send quotes and book guests that way.
Kendall C.
August 31, 2016

“Dependable, affordable and simple to use - User since 2011 50+ units”

Michele T.
September 15, 2016

“BEST! Rental Management Software”

OverallI have been using Lodgix since I started my vacation rental business in 2012. They by far have the BEST web based program, the BEST customer service, and the BEST tech support. In the beginning the staff had been amazing with assisting me with the set up and understanding of the software. One experience really sticks out for me with Lodgix's support. I sell discount ski tickets which is only a seasonal service. I contacted tech support to ask if there was a feature that I could turn off the sale of the tickets during the non ski season. At that time that was not a feature however, their response was "I'm pretty sure we can make that an option for you". Within a very short period of time I received a response back that they had added a feature to have the ability to turn on/off each service. There has not been much need for me to contact them since because everything works great for me!
ProsWeb based which is so important so I can access my account from anywhere, anytime. Easy to use, great features and functionality.
ConsNo Cons
Joseph C.

“Lodgix Rocks”

OverallI've been using Lodgix for years and it makes booking and accounting a breeze. Calendar integration with major websites like VRBO, TripAdvisor and others ensures that potential guests can always see current room availability. Multiple reporting options lets me gain valuable insights about booking patterns that helps me set prices and maximize bookings.
ProsHere's the best part: If you have a question or problem the support is supper responsive. They even take your input for new features. On one occasion I told them I needed to be able to sort a report by a certain field that wasn't available in a report and they added it to a downloadable spreadsheet that day. Try getting kind of service anywhere else - you won't find it.
ConsThere's really no down side. The Lodgix team is constantly adding new features. The on con, if any, is that I rent too few rooms to take advantage of all the neat features they offer.
Jacob S.
August 30, 2016

“Perfect Automation and Booking Software for a Turn-key VRBO”

OverallLodgix dramatically decreases the time needed to manage multiple vacation rental units. Automated digital rental agreements, triggered arrival instructions (with custom templates), integrated unique key code generation (with a handful of lock manufacturers), channel consolidation and calendar syncing, custom invoices and payment options and many more features turn hours of work into minutes. I can manage all of my inquiries, bookings, payments, communication from one localized hub online or on my phone (which happens often). Lodgix has absolutely streamlined my VRBO process.
ProsEasy to use, logical interface that has been well-thought out. The support team is easy to reach via chat and phone and are always ready to help in a timely manner.
ConsReady for a full Expedia integration feature that is bug-free. Also, I would like customization code for the calendar and booking widget to be used on non-wordpress websites.
Recommendations to other buyersIt will take some time investment to set everything up with Lodgix, but I don't think the competition comes close to ease-of-use and overall functionality. It is an excellent solution.

By Lodgix.com on August 30, 2016
Thank Jacob for the kind words. We'll be working on new skins and more option for the calendars soon!
Matt J.
August 30, 2016

“Scenic River Cabins, Van Buren, Mo. ”

OverallStarted my cabin business in 2013 with absolutely no rental experience. This software was more or less Devine intervention. I can't possibly imagine having run my business without using this software. It's ease of use and built in modules for digital rental agreement signatures and door code integrations has made the process very easy. To date I haven't had a double booking and the booking calendars stay updated on my own webpage & Facebook page. If you have a rental business and want peace of mind and ease of use Lodgix software is defiantly worth every penny.
ProsUp to date calendars for properties, digital rental agreement signatures, door code integrations with resort locks.
ConsSometime it will double bill when booking clients on my iPad.
Recommendations to other buyersIt delivers way more than I'm using it for so I'm still learning and getting a better understanding of its full potential. The reports for the financials give you really good info on your business. Using the reports have made expanding my business easier by providing that information to the bank.
Matt J.
August 30, 2016

“Scenic River Cabins, Van Buren, Mo. ”

ConsSometime it will double bill when booking clients on my iPad.
Kathleen F.
August 29, 2016

“Excellent Product, Spectacular Customer Service, and Compatible with all of my Advertising Venues”

OverallI did quite a bit of online research before deciding on Lodgix software. I needed my software to be user friendly (I am not a computer whiz), and compatible with all of the websites I advertise with. (That narrowed it down to just a handful of Companies). Then came the cost factor, do I pay monthly or invest in "ownership"? After careful consideration and evaluation, I chose to go with a Company that would need to work tirelessly, every day, to KEEP my business instead of investing substantial funds upfront and trusting that the Company would evolve with the times and ever changing World Wide Web!
ProsUsing this software makes my life so much easier, and frees up time for me to be doing other things! Once I created my templates, anyone responding to Guest inquiries and reservation requests, is using my words to respond just the way I would!
ConsI am trying to think of something to say that is negative, but nothing comes to mind. Having said that, it would be nice to be able to "bundle" optional modules, or maybe try them out after using the basic system for a while...
Recommendations to other buyersThey made me feel as though I was the most important customer they had, priceless...
Marisa D.
August 30, 2016

“An affordable option that gives you control of your website and the BEST customer service ever!”

OverallI chose Lodgix because it was an affordable option that gave me control over my website. The idea of paying someone to own my website and to give them control was not something I wanted to do. Lodgix was one of the most suggested platforms for someone who wanted to have control over their website and an easy back end program to put into your site. My web developer loved their platform and was able to quickly do my site. I like the way it looks as well.
ProsI am not terribly tech savvy so I have probably called their customer service ten times, emailed them ten times, and did four trainings and every time they have been super helpful and prompt to work with. I wish all customer service was like Lodgix! It is almost unheard of to have people call and email you back with answers so quickly these days!
ConsI am not super tech savvy so I have not thought things were super easy to learn. However, as I said above, their customer service is top notch and so they are always fast to get back and are super helpful. There have been a few features I really wish they had but they have been attentive every time I have expressed those thoughts and are working on implementing a few.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are a lot of options out there and more popping up every day. I would definitely suggest choosing a platform though that allows you to own and control your website. If/when you grow to own your own website your platform and all the info store there will then be useless. The good thing about these guys is they are still small enough to offer exceptional customer service and are affordable, but they are growing so they continue to upgrade to offer features some of the bigger players have they don't.
Rosemary M.
August 30, 2016

“Thank you Lodgix for the huge productivity lift you give us every day!”

OverallWe operate seven vacation rentals, so we're the small guys, but the productivity lift we've seen is huge! Now we can concentrate on competitive analysis, marketing, and capital projects in an ever changing environment, without being distracted by the day-to-day details which the Lodgix software takes care of so easily and completely. This team has thought of everything!
ProsEASE OF USE. The software is written in an intuitive, straightforward and friendly way! It's obvious that the developer(s) is in the vacation rental business just like the clients are! This comes through over and over. Everything you need to run your business is there and the documentation is excellent. Above all, if you do get stumped they will help you right now. I love the chat experience! It's local, it's now, it's from the experts and you really do get help! How often can you say that?!
ConsI wish I had subscribed sooner!
Recommendations to other buyersThank you for helping owners navigate through this very fluid environment in which we find ourselves -- with new and changing opportunities in social media, advertising efficiency, mobile ascendancy, and trending customer preferences, to name just a few. Your interest in competing and staying on top of the curve is helping me and my business secure a better future!
Azalea B.
Property Owner
September 3, 2011

“One word IMPRESSIVE!!! ”

OverallI did some extensive research on the internet for vacation rental software without success until I found Lodgix.com Website I immediately downloaded the free 30 day trial. One night, shortly after registering I was struggling with setting up my weekly, daily rates, learning the software, etc. I received an email from Brent M. Kleinheksel (President) of Lodgix. Brent jumped in and started helping me configure my weekly, monthly rates for my vacation rental. I was surprised, extremely impressed and thankful! Brent was obviously engaged and willing to spend the time necessary to ensure I was successful with setting up my vacation rental software. Phone calls and emails are always answered, quickly. At this point, I was convinced this is the software I am going to use for my online vacation rental management software. I would highly recommend Lodgix.com vacation rental management software!
Pros* Lodgix.com vacation rental management software on a scale 1 (worst) - 10 (best) Lodgix.com rates 10+++, * The software has an intuitive interface * Guests can easily reserve and book a rental online * Outstanding Customer Service * Lodgix is highly professional and attentive management team committed to the highest standards of service * Problem-solving strategies with online documentation * Lodgix vacation rental management software is the best software on the market!
ConsNO CONS, JUST PROS!

By Lodgix.com on September 4, 2011
Hi Azalea, thanks for the kind words. We do try hard to get folks over the hump and on the road to vacation rental success. We encounter so many customers who've been given bad advice or just plain been intentionally misled. We try to use our collective experience to simply show our customers what works and in EVERY instance it's done by keeping processes simple and actually answering the phones and emails when problems arise. Too many companies these days shy away from direct customer interaction because it's expensive, but without it I just don't see how a company can put out a great product. Thanks again for your kind words and congrats on your first rental!
September 3, 2011
Dave S.
March 24, 2011

“Tried a couple - subscribed to Lodgix.com”

OverallYes - I have and will continue to recommend this product. It's a lot of value for $19.95 per month. I also like the fact that I don't feel like any old customer. Being in the technology business I hear a lot about partnering. However, I had never really experienced it until I started working with Lodgix.com. even though this is a micro business - it is my business and it is important to me. it's good to know I have a "partner" i can reach out to for help in this area. Additionally, I think the leaders of Lodgix,.com have built - and will continue to build - their business on their genuine commitment to help VR owners be successful - rather than building a business on sales - which frankly, I see too much of in today's ultra competitive business environment. Lastly, I am not a relative of one of the owners. Just found these folks through and internet search on Google less than 30 days ago. As a matter I have not even paid them yet
Pros- Customer Services: Soon after registering for my free 30 day trial, the President of the company jumped in and started helping me configure the app. to fit me specific needs (pricing model, etc..). I was surprised, impressed and thankful! He was obviously engaged and willing to spend the time necessary to ensure I was successful with his solution. I knew then that I would be able to pick up the phone or e-mail to get a question answered, quickly. - GUI: Seems to be the most up-to-date one in my price range. - Price: STRONG value. - Intuitive: Obviously, you have to move through various screens to manage different aspects of the application and customer information however, all in all pretty easy navigation. - Functionality: everything and then some that I need.
ConsThere is a learning curve. However, I got through it with some quick responses from tech support.
March 24, 2011
Lois M.
Co-Owner
March 8, 2012

“Great Product and Great Service”

OverallI would highly recommend this on-line booking system to any business who wants to increase cabin or cottage bookings. I would also recommend Lodgix.com for their design work that they completed on our website. It is very functional and is much more useable than the old site. I love blogging right on our new web site and having customers write their reviews has been a boon! I can post upcoming events to let our customers know what is going on in our area.
ProsWhile the reservations seem to come in on-line all the time, we at Cook Forest Top Hill Cabins sometimes have 4 to 5 on-line reservations first thing in the morning from the night before. Our total reservations, since we started with the on-line bookings, are up overall by about 25% per month and we expect it to increase even more as time goes on. We also really like the merchant processing system that is in place, cdgcommerce. Thanks for your great service!
ConsOne Con was in setting up as I misunderstood what was required. We have a merchant account that we use in our office when people check in. So when I was asked if we had a merchant account, of course, I said that we did. BUT, I did not understand that we needed an ON-LINE merchant account. This on-line merchant account is a totally separate account from what we have in our office. It took a few weeks longer to get up and running but the wait was worth it. We love CDGcommerce, the company that we went with for the on-line merchant account and things are working very smoothly now.

By Lodgix.com on August 9, 2012
Thanks Lois, really appreciate the nice words. I am so happy that Lodgix is meeting all of your expectations. We have some great new innovations on the horizon and we'll continue to do our best to develop a system that results in more bookings with less time spent per booking! Brent
John T.
owner/property manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

“Life Changing Event”

OverallI am not being dramatic. This vacation rental software has been a life changing event for me. I spent many hours comparing the various vacation software choices. I am grateful that I found Lodgix and Brent. I am able to easily manage 7 rental units instead of having to rely on excel and word and quicken. The continual upgrades have been timely and worthwhile.
ProsTrigger emails make us look good. Will be signing up shortly for digital signature for agreements. Calendar is user friendly for guests and myself. This software makes managing properties much easier and I can have a life at the same time. I even made a few suggestions years ago and they have all been added in updates. Very user friendly.
ConsAbsolutely none.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't procrastinate any longer if you are on the fence. Get it.
Jack M.
August 30, 2016

“Increased our rates by 20% over competitors”

OverallAbility to show all availability for all properties on one calendar has made a huge difference in bookings for us. The Lodgix Wordpress plugin made creating a website super easy and was done in just a few hours. The application itself is easy to use, easy to setup and intuitive.
ProsIntegrated to HomeAway, platform is every stable and fast.
ConsNot the best phone support, however their online ticketing system is very very good and their documentation is very comprehensive.
Recommendations to other buyersLodgix offers efficiency and therefore does not tend to offer attributes that are not a component of an efficient business model. That keeps the software very streamlined and intuitive. They have great advice on how to make your business better and while it's difficult to sometimes to hear a critique of your own business, most of their advice is spot on.
Tanya K.
Real Estate, 51-200 employees

“5 Years and Counting!”

OverallI have used Lodgix for several years and have been so pleased from the moment of instituting it. We own four properties in Breckenridge, Colorado and the ease of booking for my guests has been seamless and the customization has been great.
Recommendations to other buyers I also rent out 100+ other properties besides my personal own. It is not on a daily basis and different ones are booked all the time so I am not able to "list" them with a subscription individually as it economically is not cost effective. I would like to see if somehow additional properties can be added on a per needed basis and incorporated into the software. Maybe pay "per booking" subscription type set up. As I would still like to be able to use a Book Now link and have them pay through the Quantum Gateway system online.
Mark C.
1-10 employees

“5 years and counting”

ProsEase of use, ability to add notes to bookings for future reference. Very good customer service! We have been using Lodgix for over 5 years. It exceeds our expectations and links flawlessly with Homeaway and VRBO. Lodgix is tied to our personal web site. Making changes and adding pictures is a snap. The record keeping and search functions are great and the triggers are a huge time saver.
ConsI would like to see higher resolution for pictures

By Lodgix.com on December 19, 2017
Thanks Mark, you've been a great customer. My only wish I could find the time to make it down to visit your properties, they look incredible! You are building a great business! Brent
Kellee D.
President, Owner
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
August 30, 2016

“Great Property Management Software with Fantastic Support!”

OverallI've been using Lodgix for the last 2 years for my luxury vacation home rental business. They have the right mix of easy to use features and their customer support is very timely and excellent. Highly recommend.
ProsThe Wordpress ease of integration makes it a breeze to do a custom website. The new Control Panel interface is also very easy to use and keeps the right information available. Owner statements are very simple and easy to run.
ConsIntegration with Quickbooks Online is not very good. It would be nice to generate housekeeping reports that easily have guest email & mobile number for housekeeping lead.
John C.
August 9, 2012

“When only the BEST will do!”

OverallWhen only the best will do - get Lodgix, there is simply nothing better!
ProsMy "real job" requires me to be available 24x7, so I knew I needed a system that could automate everything in VRBO business the way *I* wanted it automated and this system is it!! I tried a few others but I knew they weren't for me when I was still trying to learn them three days later. With the Lodgix system I was up and running within a day because the system is *super intuitive* and just that easy to use. I think the one of the best testaments to the system is every time I ask myself "I wonder if I could have the system do X" and it can. Like others I enjoy: 1) Waking up in the morning to bookings that occurred over night while I slept. 2) Reading emails from my staff confirming job assignments that were automatically assigned by the system based on bookings. 3) Being able to handle all credit card transactions within the same system. Finally, I have been able to achieve a 70% occupancy rate through mid 2014 with no effort since Lodgix does all the work!
ConsNot a one!

By Lodgix.com on August 9, 2012
Hi John, thanks for the kind words. It's been great working with you over the past couple months. I think you'll be quite pleased when we get into the some of the fun social media stuff in the latter part of this year. We'll be putting out some neat tools for Facebook and Twitter to bring those important marketing vehicles into Lodgix to allow for easy updating, booking and automation using Lodgix. Thanks again!
August 9, 2012
Gerard L.
August 30, 2016

“Lodgix almost does it all”

OverallI went from excel spreadsheet to Lodgix about 3 years ago and thank god I did. You really need software to run a professional business even if the condos are yours.
ProsEase of use Dashboard Work Order Feature Automatic emails based on specific criteria Templates Etc
ConsI would like to be able to send a text message to a guest from the system but perhaps its impossible for anyone to do The add-ons get expensvie - should come with the base product. IMO

By Lodgix.com on August 30, 2016
Gerard, thanks for the review. I agree with you about the SMS component I hope we can get that out the door soon!
Annabelle W.
Managing Director

“I love this software!”

OverallI've used Lodgix for years, I love that they are committed to constant feature upgrades to meet the market. Their customer support is second to none. Great job guys.
ProsI love that I can adjust invoices as I need them to be, the multi calendar view and terrific support.
ConsI'd love to be able to enter expenses that recur each month, and I'd love for end of month invoicing to give a choice - so that I can pay owners for each night occupied in the month - not just each stay ending in the month.
Recommendations to other buyersGive them a go, they have a great product.
Jennifer L.
Real Estate Broker
August 30, 2016

“Excelent software and customer service”

OverallI manage around 50 properties in Rincon PR and was doing it all manual for so many years. As the business grew I know I needed a reliable system for all my rentals. From the beginning the staff answered all my questions (over 100) in less than an hour everytime. I was scared that after buying the product (as with other companies) the customer service was not gonna be the same, however they keep being always available and have helped me in all my dobuts. The software is so easy to use and so effective! The online training covered all I needed to know. This is one of the best investments that I have made on my company. I will recommend them to anyone!
ProsEverything!

By Lodgix.com on August 30, 2016
Thanks Jennifer, it's been a pleasure working with your team. Hopefully we both have many years of success in front of us! Brent
Bob R.
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 25, 2018

“Do not use”

OverallNone waste of my time and poor customer service
ProsAfter a long set up process I got everything up and running on my site after a small set up issue...
ConsI made the mistake of asking one question regarding an issue with the WordPress install and they responded by saying maybe I shouldn't try to learn WordPress, which as network admin, I already know WordPress, but suggested I go to wix and have them build a site and drop the html into my site. Worst advice anyone could give and when I responded I don't need to LEARN WordPress and if the WordPress plug in doesn't maybe I should move on and the owner responded yes I should just move on. So with those great customer service skills I don't see why anyone would use this software. I own a large property management company and pay a lot for my software and wanted to this out. Now I know and will stay with what I have. [This review is of the Free Trial]

By Lodgix.com on February 1, 2018
This particular individual was not a Lodgix subscriber. The individual had one property and was extremely rude to our support staff. There are many smaller platforms that work great for small accounts with less than 3 properties. Due to channel restrictions Lodgix in many instances is just not a great fit for those with <3 properties. This individual clearly needed technical hand holding and so we kindly suggested that he try a couple of other platforms that cater to individuals who don't understand all the technical nuances of wordpress and who cater to smaller companies. This did not sit well with this customer and I guess it upset him even though it was our intention to only steer him in a direction where his expectations would be met and happiness would result. He was a trial subscriber for less than 24 hours and does not represent the many 1000s of satisfied customers that are illustrated in the other reviews present here. Thanks! Lodgix
January 25, 2018
Gayle W.
Event reservation coordinator
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
September 13, 2016

“" Lodgix.com user for over 5 years and give it 5 stars!"”

OverallVery easy to learn and use! I have Spent countless hours with different reservation companies going over there software and still found that lodgix was the easiest and most efficient booking company to use! Our corp office is in the US and our resorts are in Mexico so communication is the Key! We are finally starting to utilize all that the system has to offer! Thank you Lodgix.com for all of your support!
ProsUser friendly and very easy to learn!
ConsI do not have any!
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the great work Brent!
Erin M.
Vacation Rental Property Manager
September 2, 2016

“Lodgix is the perfect product for my business!”

OverallI am happy I chose to use Lodgix for my vacation rental software. It is easy to navigate through, offers our company a professional way to book online and the customer support is fast.
ProsI like having the property management software available. Love the ability to set my daily, weekly and monthly rates and to be able to copy them from one property to another.
ConsSome small features, like the square footage, doesn't show on my wordpress site. Wish it did :(
September 2, 2016
Sylvia B.
Owner/Manager
September 14, 2016

“A+ Management”

OverallOf all the positive things that have been said, the most important is customer service. I am not always excited about change but they make it easy,
ProsBeing able to send an email with a question, no matter how silly or inconsequential to another, my questions are always answered quickly and always guide me to the right way to fix something I have messed up.
ConsNothing
Recommendations to other buyers Very user friendly after you learn the program
September 14, 2016
Kristen D.
Founder / CEO

“FANTASTIC Software!”

OverallOur Company has been with Lodgix for about 6 years, and have been pleased with how easy and professional this software is to work with. Brent and his team always manage to improve the software and service each year... Just keeps getting better and better!
ProsI LOVE how user friendly the system is, and all the different modules you can use.. As your Company grows your software modules can grow.

By Lodgix.com on August 29, 2016
Thanks Kristen, I've enjoyed working with you and your team!
Brenda C.
September 13, 2016

“Easy to use for processing and reports. Great searching for past guests.”

OverallMy husband and I are a tag team. He does the updating to the website and I handle to bookings, reports and taxes. I find this program very easy to use with all the information I need.
ProsOur customers find it easy to use for their booking of our properties. They have very positive feedback.
Recommendations to other buyersThe support staff you have are very quick to respond to any issues we have. (Very few to date) Kudos to them all!
Deborah T.
August 29, 2016

“Small Property Management Company”

OverallWe did research to find the right fit for our small property management company. Lodgix was exactly what we needed. Easy to use, staff personally talked to us about our concerns and were very responsive to any questions we had. It is very reasonably priced compared to competitors.
ProsWe were able to set the whole site up quickly. It was easy to use and had help menus that were easy to read and use.
Jay B.

“5 year user of Logix”

OverallAfter five years I have no problems in recommending this product for any rental property, highly configurable and fast support. Easy to integrate and great reporting options.
ProsReliable, I never worry about my booking app.
ConsMy only issue is when the exchange rate is not in my favor it can get pricey for smaller business.
Recommendations to other buyersThere is a free trial period worth the look at.
Ramona T.
September 1, 2016

“Great Product and Service”

OverallI love this software. We are a small vacation rental company and this was our first experience utilizing online booking software. I have been so pleased with the ease of use and the personal assistance we received during the set-up process. It has also helped to increase our sales and customer satisfaction. We are very pleased with Lodgix.
ProsEasy to use and learn and I love all the flexible options with importing the various calendars into our website. Also, I appreciate the flat price per month rather than the percentage some other companies utilize.
ConsI can't really think of any cons as far as the software, it works flawlessly. But, I would love to see an app that I could use on my mobile devices.
September 1, 2016
johannes v.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees
August 31, 2016

“Fantastic and easy to use bookings software for villa rentals”

OverallAfter searching and trying various sofware systems , we decided to go for Lodgix, easy to use and clear on its features. We needed a system were we could store our reservations , pricings and customer administration and lodgix fulfills this, there are a number of features available we haven't tried but are possible.
ProsEasy to use Calender and searching availability for dates by date or by number of bedrooms Storage of customer details and reuse of this information for new reservations
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersFor availability search maybe the feature from and to
Martin S.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
January 26, 2017

“Awesome support and very powerful feature set”

OverallThe worst thing you can say about this software is, that it's usability can be improved. But they have a lot of valuable features and an awesome support that makes up for all the complexity that the wide feature set brings. They are responsive and helpful. And they even say no, when no is the answer. It has improved the way we do our rental business. I love the way they sync all dates with all platforms via ics. Saves tons of time and allows to use loads of platforms. Cool stuff.
ProsSyncing features. Ability to do billing including all documents like offers, invoices and such. Like the stripe integration
ConsI needed to ask a lot. But support helped out awesomely. I do not like, that they do not decipher between kids above and below 2 years like airbnb does.
Recommendations to other buyersUse support a lot and you'll be up and running much faster.

By Lodgix.com on January 26, 2017
Thanks for the review! We have some great plans to improve the onboarding experience which includes some more intuitive interfaces, as well as a setup checklist to help guide you through the process. We recognize we can do better and are constantly investing time and money to keep the product fresh and up to date, thanks again!
January 26, 2017
Leslie B.
Guest Services

“Lodgix is a lifesaver!”

OverallWe love lodgix for the ease of use and incredible functionality it provides. It is reducing the human hours required for booking reservations.
ProsValue, customer support, ease of use, visual appeal, functionality.
ConsIf it could manually process payments 30 days out from guest arrival--that would be the cherry on the sundae.
Tom S.
Owner / Manager
August 29, 2016

“My experience and my feelings about the Lodgix Software”

OverallI just had a question to day about an issue I couldn't figure out and I was supplied with the answer in just a few minutes.
ProsThe way it connects to and keeps the HomeAway, VRBO and Flipkey calendars synced. Saves me from having to go to each calendar for each change
ConsReally I can't think of anything that I don't like about Lodgix
Kathy L.
Founder/Owner
October 2, 2013

“My Success is because of Brent and Lodgix”

OverallI've been with Lodgix now for 2 years. I was starting from ground zero being a property manager when I came across a website in my search for a web-designer. The site was for Vacation Rentals in Florida. This site had beautiful colors, simple to use even a 3rd grader could use it and I liked the flow of ease to see the rentals and calendars. I figured if I can use this then what a great design for my personal business I was starting. I called the number online and 30 days later I had my own site, with the software of Lodgix. I get great reviews from my customers of how easy it is to reserve a home, and the fast turn around from inquires have put me ahead of the game here in Tahoe. Customer Service! Poor Brent and his staff to put up with me!. They all have been gems. I love the personal touch, the help with my site and my 200 questions because I can't seem to get it. They always educate me, get me to were I need to be and success has always been my outcome. I have recommended the product to a dear friend of mine in Costa Rica and they thank me often for Brent and Lodgix. The hardest part is taking the time to learn it. Its not hard to learn, its taking the time to learn the information they have given you online. It has pictures, it has 101 for dummies like me when it comes to website information and input. I do wish when there is new updates they could hold a webinar for us that learn by visual, not reading. Thank you for such a great product, and I hope to meet you all some day!
October 2, 2013
Josh H.
March 4, 2011

“Everything you need right when you need it!”

OverallGet this product. You'll love it. Your customers will love it. Worth every penny!
ProsI have to say that your interface is soooo user-friendly. Its built to handle online bookings, over the phone bookings, whatever... you have already thought of it and its in there! I love Lodgix. Not only is the back-office software user-friendly, but the online availability calendar that my customers use to click-n-drag, get quoted, and then proceed to their reservation --- its the best I have seen. Its so easy to use, and its "live" so it makes my life easy. Potential guests can always be pointed back to my calendar online because I know its up to date and accurate.I am so happy you've been in this business and you designed the software with the owners in mind. I've only been doing this for a week but I can already tell it will not only save me a ton of time and stress, but it comes across much more professional to the customers as well, which I think leads to more bookings.
ConsThought about it... still thinking.

By Lodgix.com on March 4, 2011
Thanks Josh, have really enjoyed seeing your property do so well in such a short period of time! We'll continue to put out a great product and have some great new offerings on tap for the summer! Thanks again, Brent M. Kleinheksel CEO, Lodgix.com
March 4, 2011
Ana F.
Used the software for: I used a free trial
December 7, 2018

“A bit confusing”

ProsIt had several modules that I thought important to my business.
ConsI tried this software but the choose another. The interface was a bit confusing and you couldn't understand at first glance what you should do. The setting was extremely difficult and couldn't be done by you. The price was also very high, and they had set up fees.

By Lodgix.com on December 17, 2018
Lodgix is one of the only remaining platforms that charge a flat monthly fee that varies by the number of properties under management. Most platforms today charge a % of bookings. While we take 2% for booking.com and Expedia.com bookings, all other bookings have ZERO fees. The net result is that the monthly spend on the Lodgix platform is near the lowest of any platform on the market today, and we intend to keep it that way! We also have no minimumn spend. Many platfroms with our feature set and customer service require a $250 - $1000 a month minimim spend. With Lodgix, you can start for as low as $49.99 a month and will only pay more as you grow. In terms of setup, the first challenge is always how to get properties setup and reservations entered. Lodgix has several tools that import both property and reservation data from HomeAway and Airbnb. It couldn't be more simple. Thanks for considering Lodgix, please check out our free 30 day free trial!
December 7, 2018
Austin M.
co-owner, manager, jill-of-all-trades
September 15, 2016

“No software is perfect...”

Overall...but this comes very close. I chose it because it was one of the few channel managers for small businesses than I could run on my *own* website, but it has many other good points.
ProsVery flexible; very customizable; excellent, prompt support; excellent documentation
ConsIf you want a to integrate this channel manager into an existing website (rather than using just the provided pages) be prepared to troubleshoot--that's not really what the software was built for. Also, all the options and flexibility can be a bit overwhelming at first.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely take advantage of the training they offer. That takes care of pretty much any con's...
Crystal E.
September 9, 2016

“Lodgix is great!”

OverallI love my lodgix system. Guests have a very easy time making reservations. I am easily able to edit my listings and keep track of my bookings using Lodgix. I am not very good with technology, but every time I have had an issue Lodgix helped me solve it immediately and were very patient with my lack of computer savvy. Would definitely reccommend!
September 9, 2016
Greg W.
September 13, 2016

“Great for small inns like ours”

OverallWe've been with Lodgix four 2 years now; comparing the functionality with some of the bigger software providers makes us stay.
ProsEase of use
ConsI manage this from my iPhone and iPad; sometimes the display on the iPhone can be a bit small.