Agency Matrix Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Agency Matrix

Agency Matrix is the most robust and affordable cloud-based technology company in the marketplace. Leading today's independent insurance agencies with cutting-edge technology, we are committed to delivering agency management software solutions that help you reach your business goals. Learn more about Agency Matrix

Chad S.
June 13, 2019

“Great Value and Solid Features”

OverallOverall I have been pleased and enjoy how quickly I can access items and information.
ProsI like the value of the product and the fact that they won't jump my rates 34% without warning like I got from one of the biggest in the industry. They are also responsive and are continually improving their product. They recently upgrade their acord forms where I can quickly create and issue a new COI with multiple policies quicker than I could on EPIC.
ConsAt first I thought it wasn't as great for commercial business, but over the past few months I've been with them they have made enhancements that have been very helpful.

By Agency Matrix on June 14, 2019
Hi, Chad. Thank so much for your review! We've been concentrating for the past several months on making the ACORDs process the best it could be, for both personal and commercial users. It's always nice to hear that our efforts are paying off!
June 13, 2019
SHANNON B.
President/Agent
February 21, 2019

“Very good product, but not recommended if you primarily write commercial lines”

OverallI think the company is great. The people are truly amazing, very willing to work with me. I think they are extremely open to suggestions, but the recommendations I have made they simply cannot do because the system is simply not meant for a commercial-heavy brokerage utilizing MGA's
Prosvery easy to use. customizable fields are great. stellar support. library of training videos makes learning very easy.
Consthis was not intended for commercial lines agencies who primarily use MGA's. 2 biggest issues I see. 1.The tasks/activity tracker is extremely limited. a very small screen pops up with limited room for taking notes. That being said, they said they are working on this. 2. The attachments are very limited. you can only attach to either the entire account, a single policy or the submission. Problem though, the submissions page you can only attach pdf's and once the submission is finished you cannot transfer the documents to the policy. All of the attachments do not show up under a master list that can be sorted. Very limited and according to my most recent conversation with support, this is not able to be fixed

By Agency Matrix on May 2, 2019
Thanks for your review, Shannon. I'm happy to hear that you were able to spend some time on the phone with Chuck from training & support. We always appreciate customer input and are committed to addressing any issues you may experience while using the Agency Matrix software.
February 21, 2019
Nate T.
Cheif Operating Officer / Agency Principle
May 23, 2019

“Not Cloud Based as they claimt, NOT for commercial lines, slow response”

OverallWe are growing at a rate of + 33% year over Year and we have hung in with the system since 2016 but are SO frustrated with the lack of response we are looking to leave. THe systmen IS not cloud based NO matter what they tell you in marketing literature... If you need Acord forms with signatures this is not the system for you. Buggy overall and the whole thing goes down far to often.
ProsPrice... till you realize "you get what you pay for"
ConsNot for commercial. The GUI (graphical user interface) or the Screen you look at has horrible amounts of wasted space with literally NOTHING on it. a useless "tools" box dominates the "all important" right side of the screen and the accord forms ARE not cloud based. You still need to download the file, stamp your signature and upload to "attachments" meaning they are no longer in the cloud but on your PC (not good if you log in from a computer that is not yours (travel/home). The coding/development team is either overworked or just do not care about the commercial space. If you run a small sweat shop that is heavy personal lines this is ok for you. Don't buy anything above the standard package as none of the bells are worth it. IF the VP of slaes told me no totus ehte "accounting" feature as it is poor. SO we still have to double enter everything into a completly different accounting program. NOT efficient.
May 23, 2019
Shannon B.
May 1, 2019

“Amending my previous review from 8 - 10 stars”

OverallAmazing. Customer support is superb, the system is easy....I think this is the best choice I could have made.
ProsEase of use. This system is beyond easy to use. Many of the features you can figure out on your own. What you cannot there are training videos right in the system, support you can call in to and their on boarding process provides personalized trainings that take you through all the different capabilities.
Consthe task feature is limited, but a new roll-out is coming in the next few weeks so this might get fixed

By Agency Matrix on May 2, 2019
Thanks, Shannon. It's been a pleasure working with you. Please don't hesitate to call us if we can help you with anything.
May 1, 2019
Elizabeth G.
CSR
Insurance, 201-500 employees
August 11, 2017

“Simple & easy to understand for beginners”

OverallI learned from my mistakes. lol
ProsYou can set little reminders on your account to remind you of any tasks you need to do. Processing a payment on this software was really simple. Bridging from ITC turbo rater was easy as well.
ConsThe way you upload a document to matrix could use some improvements. I wish you could upload at least more than 4 docs before actually pressing upload. It just eats up time for me. Unlike Evolution, you can scan directly to the customer's account & upload as many files as you want. It works as a drag & drop feature.
August 11, 2017
Isaac R.
General Manager
June 24, 2019

“Worst Customer Service Experience”

OverallIt did help us improve our workflow however I cannot stress the fact that the Customer Service is one of the worst I have seen. We waited 2 months one time just to have someone get back to us to add additional services!
ProsCertificates of Insurance emailed directly with Signature, getting better with commercial policies
ConsCustomer Service needs to improve. Sometimes I am up to 1 hour on hold or get no replies back. Emailed them several times and it takes months to get a response. Also, we have to do our commissions manually as the system has a horrible invoicing operation that messes up the commissions. Something that should take minutes takes up to a day.
June 24, 2019
Jeanie F.
Executive Assistant
March 16, 2018

“Agency Matrix was an easy to learn and use program for our insurance company to help service clients”

OverallGreat software to start your business. You can use it to manage client files and communications, as well as use it to track policies up for renewals, keep track of said policies, and easily create reports.
ProsOur company quickly outgrew the Agency Matrix program, but in the years that we did use the program, it helped our company grow into one of the leaders in our industry because we could keep track of our clients and their policies, monitor who had accounts coming up for servicing and renewals, and keep on top of communication with clients. Attaching files and viewing files was easy to do and the whole program didn't take very long to learn. Customer service was helpful when needed.
March 16, 2018
Scott S.
October 19, 2016

“Very happy with the product”

OverallWe brought Agency Matrix into our Agency about a year ago. Once we completed the effort to load existing book of business, our experience has been positive. Agency Matrix has enabled us to manage existing book of business and market efforts much more efficiently. I would definitely recommend this product to Agencies with outside book of business.
ProsAn online tool that enables us to maintain all documentation related to existing clients and prospects. The ability to manage the Accord process, especially the pre filled Accord Function. The ability to email directly from the Matrix
ConsI think the pre loaded Accord process could be better. Would like to see contact information such as email address and phone flow into Accords Apps. Also noticed that When Matrix populates Insured Name and DBA information the two data elements are reversed from what I would expect. I have found that depending on which browser you are using the PDF viewing, saving and management process is not as smooth as we would like. Agency Matrix recommended Chrome, but that had it's own aggravations
October 19, 2016
Jorge S.
January 11, 2018

“It does downloads and clock in/ clock out features. ”

OverallNothing truly special about this software other than the lower priced entry point compared to other management systems and their mobile friendliness isn't very friendly since the software is cut off. If money is not a major concern and you know you will be spending a good chunk of mooney on this type of system anyway, stay away from agency matrix
ConsCustomer service is horrible. They will ask you to follow the video instructions provided with the software which is bad enough but then to top it off the video's are out of date to the point that you cannot follow them along, so then you email their support team and they either ignore you, provide a false answer or say they will reach out to you but never do that either.
January 11, 2018
Ayuda H.
November 11, 2010

“Great features that are so easy to use”

OverallAgency Matrix has given our agency a whole new perspective with great features that are so easy to use, making us more organize and efficient. We use to use paper receipts and use accounting logs to close out our daily production. Then we came across this awesome management system that was able to help us with our accounting and gave our clients a secure feeling by having a receipt that couldn't be null or void. We were able to organize our files by being able to upload the inspection pictures of our client property to there account. We are also able to send them thank you cards and if our rating system was down we are able to use agency matrix to obtain the insured's insurance card. My favorite function was how you could also upload your agency logo to the receipts and use the bottom portion of the receipt to promote your cross sales or ask for referrals. I wouldn't trade this online Agency Matrix system for any other
David N.
July 13, 2017

“Unreliable”

OverallRight now None Looking for a replacement
ProsEasy to Use Download and scanning works great if the system can stay up long enough. It does seem that they loose scans
ConsIt seems to go down daily. Since everything is cloud based Agency is screwed 1:00 Pm Agency Matrix is down and a client needs a certificate. Called customer service before and they blame everything on Microsoft. No solution from them
July 13, 2017

John C.
April 23, 2013

“not the best”

Overallkeep looking
ProsIt will do the job but is very jumpy. I have tried several different browsers and it just does not perform well. I prefer a system that is local vs online anyway. I am still searching.
Conssame same same

By Agency Matrix on March 14, 2017
I spoke with John today to see why he would give us such a bad review. John said that our system doesn't do anything. Sounds like he never gave us a chance. According to John the system they have not does not offer the Virtual Employee that we have, which will automatically send out letters, emails and text throughout the life of the policy to his clients. Our Virtual Employee will also work his renewals and cancellations, send out thank you letters, birthday emails and much much more. Our system also integrates with his website, which his does not. It will allow his customer to log into his website, view their policies, print ID cards, Print ACORD forms, update their address or phone number and make payments. Looking at his account he never even entered one client into our system. I'm confused,
April 23, 2013
Matt N.
March 31, 2016

“Good option for the money”

OverallWe've used Agency Matrix for just over 3 years now roughly and it's very friendly in terms of the interface for the money it's a nice option it gives you added features on a regular basis I'm pleased with the speed for the most part of the updates. I do have some concerns sometimes about the level of resources in their tech support and support department but again for the money and the features that we get I have to say that I'm pretty well pleased and I would give it 4 stars.
March 31, 2016
Archie A.
November 11, 2010

“Now my agents can focus on sales more and data entry less”

OverallAs an agency owner I look for certain traits in the agency management system my company is going to use. These include reliability, accuracy, cost, flexibility, speed, and most importantly, the ease of use. The Agency Matrix system has met all these requirements while also using their insurance experience and user feedback to further constantly upgrade the system. You can literally get an agent or CSR up to speed on entering in a new customer's data and their receipt in about a 30 minute training session. Now my agents can focus on sales more and data entry less!
Pedro D.
May 1, 2015

“Still trying to find themselves and make money in the process.”

OverallI used their services for at least 3 years, in that time they have changed so many things that it's hard to keep up. when direct document scanning was introduced I was all for it. It removed steps from the process of adding things to the file. It recent times their direct scanning has become a nightmare. It works when it wants to and the tech support's response is try downloading a different browser (i.e. firefox, chrome, IE) and to use all if necessary. That is just unacceptable. they also tiered their services when before it was one price and everything just worked. looking for a better solution.
May 1, 2015