Accounting Suite Ratings

Overall

About Accounting Suite

AccuFund provides a comprehensive government accounting solution that offers robust reporting capabilities, dashboards for more informed decisions, and much more at a great price. The core system includes a general ledger, modules for easy financial reporting, customizing dashboards, tracking and paying bills, managing cash receipts, and reconciling bank accounts. Additional modules support Utility Billing; Fees, Taxes and Licenses; Court Fines Property Tax and Building Inspections, etc. Learn more about Accounting Suite

Joyce M.
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
February 21, 2017

“City of Craig, Alaska”

OverallThe city implemented AccuFund in 2005 and has used a majority of the modules. Once AccuFund is set up there is little maintenance if updates are installed as released. AccuFund is easy to teach to staff and has the internal controls for a small municipality. I have used numerous accounting software and AccuFund is the best for the value, ease of use and the AccuFund staff are great to work with.
ProsAccuFund's support is exceptional and usually replies within 24 hours. The separate modules integrate with each other and are easily customized to the city's needs. Reporting can be customized.
ConsAccounts payable post details to general ledger rather than one line per invoice. Employee portal calendar stops frequently. Property tax reporting is cumbersome.
Recommendations to other buyersI would highly recommend this software as it can be customized for the most government or nonprofit organizations. Before implementation, I suggest you have a clear plan of what you want from the software such as specific reporting, payroll processing, or ease of entry of the data.
February 21, 2017
Linda W.
Controller
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
July 9, 2018

“I would say that this software has a ton of capability. ”

OverallVery flexible. Very powerful. Takes some time to get familiar with, but well worth the time and effort.
ProsThe flexibility, AccuFund is very powerful. I also like the fact that you can setup a test database of your own system to test various scenarios before implementing. Support staff is very helpful. I think it is really important to have a good retailer to help with the setup to make sure it works correctly from the very beginning.
ConsIn some ways, the flexibility. Understanding how the software works makes it easier, but because each customer can customize everything so much, you really need to know how it works. I was not involved in the original setup, but I have setup a couple of modules and was successful. I always did it in the test system first to make sure it worked the way I expected.
July 9, 2018
Tanya M.
August 17, 2017

“As a non profit organization, our accounting system is very complex. AccuFund meets our needs!”

ProsThere are so many things that I love about this software program, the A/P module, the A/R module, the Payroll module, Loan tracking, the Requisition and Purchase Order system. We have a lot of different funding sources, so allocating costs to each funding source is a breeze when using AccuFund. The drilling capability is also a huge benefit to this software. I can drill down on any expense to see what Purchase order was used to generate the expense and what check number was used to pay for it.
ConsAs with anything, there are always improvements that can be made, however, AccuFund listens to what your needs are and makes upgrades as needed.
Cynthia J.
Payroll Supervisor
August 22, 2017

“I have had good customer service. Most of the Customer Supporters are very willing to assist.”

OverallThe ease of the accounting process. If you go out and change a distribution it automatically changes it in the employee record.
ProsOnce it is explained how it works it is fairly easy to get around in the program. I have recently tried to change a report and found it fairly easy to maneuver.
ConsSometimes I find that the system works very slowly. Also, sometimes you will get the message that an illegal action was performed, not sure why this happens? There was some major confusion during the start of the ACA reporting.
Deena S.
Accounting Director
August 21, 2017

“Great accounting software”

ProsAccounting software is excellent. It is user-friendly and the updates happen frequently enough to address any issues that we have.
ConsPayroll module is not functional, nor is support adequate for our business. We have continued problems with calculation issues as well as time clock issues. We have asked for support numerous times, but nothing has been completed to assist us in fixing the issues. We are looking at other options for our payroll processing.
August 21, 2017
Bev M.
Government Administration, 1-10 employees
August 24, 2017

“Very user friendly. I have had AccuFund software for nine years now; have loved it from the start.”

OverallI know my DueToFroms are all correct, plus I can track any and all of my posting. My auditors are very pleased with our choice of AccuFund.
ProsHow user friendly it is and they keep updating and adding useful modules. They also have excellent customer service.
ConsI do not understand the report writer, but I think I would if I went to a training seminar. Other than setting up custom reports, I have not found anything I do not like.
August 24, 2017
Tonya L.
May 30, 2018

“We purchased AccuFund in December 2015 and I have loved ever since. ”

ProsElectronic Requisitions w/approvals, Purchase Orders, and Timesheets. The ease of entry and the various reports generated.
ConsHaven't found anything I can think of. Compare to the software we had before this is 100% better and we should have upgraded years ago.
May 30, 2018
Karen C.
Director of Finance
August 22, 2017

“We have been AccuFund customers for several years. No complaints. Easy to use.”

ProsEach module interacts with the other with no issues. We have the accounting, purchasing, budget and fixed asset modules.
ConsIf there is a typo in a transaction, it cannot be corrected. If the description could be corrected without changing the actual dollar transaction that would be great.
Tina G.
Accounting Technician
May 8, 2018

“I use it everyday for PR and AP purposes.”

Pros Running reports is the feature I like most, I can usually find one that fits my specific needs.
ConsWhen we run payroll, everyone has to log out for almost an hour, otherwise the process will be extremely slow or will just stop.
May 8, 2018
Daniel N.
Financial Manager
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
August 17, 2017

“AccuFund has allowed our foundation to have integrated accounting software for the first time.”

OverallWe finally have an integrated accounting system for our foundation.
ProsI like AccuFund's flexibility. We can do basic accounting and also get into complex fund accounting. Most systems we tried weren't able to do all the tasks we needed done.
ConsThe cloud-based version can't work through a browser. I requires a special platform installed on the computer. I want to be able to access AccuFund wherever I am located.
Jennifer L.
Director of Business Operations
May 9, 2018

“I am a relatively new user to Accufund. I am finding that the more I learn the more I like it.”

ProsLots of features and functionality. There is almost nothing that can't be done with this software.
ConsSometimes a little TOO detailed and TOO many features. The reports feature is good and bad. With proper training, and a lot of use, you can create any report you want but you have to use your knowledge or lose it!
May 9, 2018
Rodney H.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2018

“We use for Rep Payee and has save us alot of time and effort.”

OverallMoved Rep Payee from multiple unmanageable spreadsheets to a very well maintained system.
ProsReseller is very knowledgeable. Staff and support treat me with respect. The software is customizable. I can create form exactly as I need.
ConsA couple of bugs that have not been fixed, ie. reports will create a new page prematurely. The UI is a little dated but I understand they are working on a new version that will fix that.
April 17, 2018
Laith T.
Accountant, CPA
March 20, 2018

“Great if you have good Training ”

OverallI like it more than QB. it's easy to use.
ProsGive you more details, the financial statement easy to understand, easy to follow your money, no way to duplicate your entry.
Consit's not easy to fix your mistakes, your books you got it with the program not enough at all to understand the program, the service too expenses.
March 20, 2018
Brittney W.
April 25, 2018

“AccuFund Review”

OverallGreat flexibility for business.
ProsEasy to concept and follow with no accidental of duplicating any entries. Many different features such as AP, cash receipts, general ledger, bank reconciliation, importing and exporting, document storage, a financial report writer and a forms designer for customized form generation- all of which are great to use to help run the business more smooth.
ConsIt requires time for training to understand the uses of the software and sometimes customer support is different to get through for help.
April 25, 2018
Ken M.
Controller
Government Administration, Unspecified
3.5/5
August 3, 2015

“Robust with many features but lots of quirks”

ProsA full suite of modules that are very customizable
ConsVery unforgiving of errors and not amenable to certain transactions. For instance, invoice cancellation does not release the receiving. Product returns are not supported; i.e., we cannot do negative receiving to match to credit memos. Check voids cannot be reversed although voided checks occasionally clear.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure that you have a VAR with a deep understanding of the product because you will need that support to program it to your needs.
August 3, 2015
Fabiano M.
Information Technology Manager
11-50 employees
July 16, 2018

“As the sysadmin at my organization, I've found easy to work with AF Accouting Suite.”

ProsSoftware flexibility and customer service really stands up. Upgrades and patch updates are easy and quickly to implement. The tech support team is very knowledgeable and friendly!
July 16, 2018
Rosemary G.
Medical Receptionist
Civic & Social Organization, 5001-10,000 employees
October 3, 2017

“ACCUFUND”

ProsTHIS PROGRAM WAS USED WHEN WE NEEDED TO DO OUR BOOKS FOR A PRIVATE CHIROPRACTIC OFFICE. WE DID NOT USE IT FOR LONG.
ConsTHIS PROGRAM WAS EFFECTIVE IN ITS USE FOR OUR COMPANY FOR THE SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME THAT WE DID USE IT.
October 3, 2017
Carl P.
Philanthropy, Unspecified
December 29, 2014

“AccuFund is better than QuickBooks for our organization”

ProsThe flexibility of the chart of accounts, reports, and our reseller all trump the options and support we were previously receiving through QuickBooks.
ConsWorking with the database setup has been the biggest challenge in our transition to AccuFund. The AccuFund support team has been helpful, but with our complex SQL database configuration, it has taken a substantial amount of effort.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for an all-in-one software package that is a step up from QuickBooks but still within a reasonable price range, then AccuFund is the product for you! Account structure flexibility, reporting, and support - the three main strengths in my opinion.
December 29, 2014
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2019

“Low-budget option”

ProsKeeps track of vacation/sick/etc. accumulations and is updated every pay period.
ConsFilling in the time card is way more difficult than it needs to be. In order to input holiday/vacation/sick time, you have to delete the hours, type in "0," save, select holiday/vacation/sick, type in the correct hours, and then save again. It's way too many steps for something that should be simple. Also, the way the time sheet is set up is very difficult to see on a computer screen without having to scroll horizontally, which then hides the categories. Not mobile compatible.
April 25, 2019
Laith M.
August 11, 2017

“Great with some support”

Overallit's good so far
Proseasy to use , we really like it the problem with this program is the books don't show you every thing so you need to contact the company and they will charge you too much money.
Consthe support too expensive, I wish if you can make if free or couple hours free support not like not.
August 11, 2017
Thamara P.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 18, 2018

“Lots of features inside one application”

OverallGreat application with lots of features but need to improve .
ProsProvide powerful core system which is contain essential modules for accounting and also AccuFund is a cloud base solution which we can access from any where. Can export .csv format files and import excel files. Basic and simple user interfaces with detailed information.
ConsBasic user interfaces which can be less have user interactions and too much features will caused to user to difficult to work and handle.Not easy to adopt to the system without any guidance.
November 18, 2018
Jose M.
CFO
Government Administration, Unspecified
July 17, 2016

“Purcahse of AccuFund”

ProsThe president of the company came to our office and presented a live demo. They spent sessions going over our questions. They provided good references.
ConsWe are still implementing it, so I cannot comment at this moment.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease look at other accounting software and compare cost, functionality and support services.
July 17, 2016
Jaspal S.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
November 9, 2016

“Review of AccuFund Accounting Suite”

OverallIt is a very flexible accounting software and has made our operations and management very easy.
Prosit's dashboard supports employees portal it' wide product range makes it flexible for different businesses
ConsIt does not have time and management tracking capability It requires time for training
November 9, 2016
Abigail D.
Digital Marketing Specialist
51-200 employees
March 8, 2018

“If you want basic, Accufund is it”

ProsMy organization uses this software for staff to log their hours for payroll. We went from using an Excel doc, to Paychex (which was a horrible user experience), to Accufund. Accufund functions fine, it just feels very outdated. Maybe it's the type/level our organization has, but it's a horrible user experience. The pro: I get paid.
ConsThere are many cons. The system is not intuitive; it took me forever to figure out how to print my paystub. Each time you select a cell to type in your hours, it skips back to the very beginning of the pay period and you have to scroll to where you previously where. The left column that determines the type of time (sick, vacation, etc.) doesn't float when you scroll, so you have to look and select it beforehand. I could go on...
March 8, 2018