Findmyshift Ratings

Overall

About Findmyshift

Create and share staff schedules anywhere, any time in any web browser. With drag & drop scheduling, unlimited staff, unlimited access, shift reminders, text messaging and reporting, it's free for the first month, there's no credit card required and nothing to install. No contracts and no hidden costs for adding extra staff. Just pay-as-you-go scheduling with unlimited staff. Learn more about Findmyshift

Grace P.
Business Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
October 25, 2017

“We have been using this website for a few years for our busy cafe/bar, a great site!”

ProsEasy to use and set up. All of the staff find it a lot easier to log in and check shifts than rely on printouts. It makes it a lot easier to make up rotas when you can see a couple of weeks at a time and can see the overall picture to juggle shifts about, can also copy and paste which makes it easier. Also makes it a lot easier when trying to find cover, you can see easily who is available and find their contact details. Great for keeping track of holidays, reports for calculating wages, keeping a record of who worked when and making/calculating small changes such as if someone left early. It's good that it sends an email to staff each time the rota is published, we don't use the 'accept' function or messages as we just have a small workforce, but I can imagine it would be handier if there were a lot of employees. I know some of the staff also use the mobile site.
ConsNot really found much wrong with it, have never had to contact customer support. I think occasionally when looking at the staff view the times/shifts/staff names haven't lined up properly if it's zoomed in or a funny resolution.

By Findmyshift Ltd on October 26, 2017
Thanks for the review Grace! If you ever have trouble with the cells not lining up try resetting your browser's zoom. The keyboard shortcut is normally CTRL + 0. I hope this helps!
October 25, 2017
Cal W.
Deputy Manager
January 3, 2018

“Best value for money scheduling app out there! Simple but has all the features you need.”

OverallMore efficient scheduling (than using Excel spreadsheets) - cost saving Easy to manage staff requests, holiday and time off
ProsWe have been using findmyshift for scheduling in our business (hostel, 30 employees) for a year now - having previously only used excel spreadsheets for our rota. This software has helped us schedule more accurately according to our business level which helped us save hours as well as relieving our team during the busier periods. It's use is very straightforward and does pretty much anything you need it to with a bit of fiddling. The customer support team are very quick to respond to your queries with a live chat as well. On top of that it is pretty much the cheapest in it's category (compared to Deputy or WhenIWork) although it might not look as snazzy or have all the functionalities these have. We will definitely be continuing to use this software for the next year. Can also connect to your google cal or ical which helped me personally organise my life better :)
ConsIt is a bit fiddly at times, and does seem more catered towards office businesses (9 to 6, Monday to Friday) than a 24 hours, 7 day a week business like ours. The app (for phones, Android and Apple) is a great plus but could be improved upon - The way the shifts are displayed is not super clear, the filter is hit & miss, and how you navigate the app is not the best.

By Findmyshift Ltd on January 4, 2018
Thanks for the review Cal!
January 3, 2018
December 6, 2016

“exceptional value for money - Mobile app needs improvement”

OverallWe're a cafe/bar employing a team of 20+. We use the back office constantly - amending hours and shifts is a daily chore made simple and easy with Find My Shift. The ability to have a working calendar months in advance at our staffs fingertips is priceless. Barely having scratched the surface in regards to reporting functions, from an administrative point of view it is exceptional. The only issues we've faced are in regards to our staff accessing and using it themselves. The mobile site isn't great and the last time I checked the app to help a staff member out, it was awful.
ProsWe love having access across our management team to the reporting features. It cuts our work time down dramatically being able to see all of our figures laid out.
ConsOur staff find it difficult to use the app - most being quite young, won't open find my shift in a browser: they will go straight to the app. Even when opened in a browser, if they're using the mobile-site it is still not easy enough for them to see who is working and when. We also have a problem with the "reject shift" feature every time a new staff member starts with us: they tend to believe that working is optional as a result of seeing the option.
Recommendations to other buyersFind my Shift is excellent from a management point of view. Time needs to be spend with staff members, however, to explain how the app applies to our working life.

By Findmyshift Ltd on December 8, 2016
Thanks for the honest review!
December 6, 2016
Christopher B.
August 13, 2019

“A well laid-out rota”

ProsThe way the rota can be laid out by "facility" or, in our case, areas of our business makes it easy to see at a glance where people are, where there are short-falls and where people can be moved to help make the business run more smoothly.
ConsThe main area which I would love to see improved is calculating holiday pay. In particular, adding a holiday for a part-time user should be set to deduct holiday by default only for those days they would usually work - for example, someone who usually works Monday, Friday and Saturday should be able to be set as such so that holiday is deducted accordingly without having to manually change it. Also, someone who works varied hours should able to default to their average weekly number of hours deducted. I also think that adding sick leave could be improved to not require removing from the rota first before adding the sick leave. Adding time off generally also defaults to "Everyone" - it would be much better if it defaulted to blank and forced a selection before being able to apply such that people didn't accidentally add "Everyone".

By Findmyshift Ltd on August 14, 2019
Thanks for the review Chris! Lot's of great ideas there regarding time off that I'll pass on to the team.
August 13, 2019
Russell K.
IT Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
June 23, 2017

“Does what we need for managing 30 staff across 10 locations”

OverallWe have 15+ 'rooms' (8 surgeries and a number of shared admin offices) and around 30 staff. Some staff (e.g. dentists) not only need a room allocating to them they also need a nurse allocating to work with them. Other staff may just need space to work - for example allocating receptionists to one of 3 receptions, allocating admin staff to an office to work in, etc. We used to do this with spreadsheets but as we expanded it became unwieldy and prone to errors. FindMyShift has proved to be an economical way of us both planning who is where on any particular day but also communicating this easily to the staff.
ProsThe ability to access the software from anywhere with just a browser is the biggest plus for us. Clear easy to understand graphical interface goes a long way too. The support from FindMyShift has always been fast and helpful.
ConsSometimes screens can be a little 'busy' - for example the time off planner. However it is hard to think quite what could be done better - there is inherently a lot of information to display.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Hi Russell! Thank you for your positive comments. A tip for the time off planner, if you look under options you can narrow it down to just specific types of time off. It will make it less busy and much easier to see. If you ever have any questions or issues, please let us know, we are happy to help!
June 23, 2017
501-1000 employees
May 16, 2018

“beautiful app to manage employees from anywhere”

Prosfindmyshift is a friendly app with a very nice and easy to use interface where you can manage employees from anywhere and any device from your web browser. allows real-time monitoring of employees either in a single company or in several at the same time. where you can monitor with your clock application the hours that employees are working and automatically generate automated reports to calculate payroll and manage costs. very easy to program, we can manage perzonalizables database and configure reminders of daily changes, notifications by email, text messages or push notification. As if that were not enough, it allows deducting personnel breaks and making smart calculations to generate a payroll. and all this we can store it in a completely secure way in the cloud with backups. findmyshift can use it totally free of charge up to 5 employees and provides us with enough documentation to see everything you can do. and with a very low price we can manage an unlimited number of employees, perfect for large companies and with several branches
ConsIt is very difficult to see something negative in this application, since it has several years in development and improvement. the only negative would be his dependence on the Internet to manage. since if the Internet fails, we could have administrative control problems. It should be developed in more languages.

By Findmyshift Ltd on May 24, 2018
May 16, 2018
Tyrone B.
Care Home Administrator
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
January 11, 2018

“Very useful software that has steadily improved over the years”

OverallAs our business grew and we employed more staff, managing an excel/paper based rota became time consuming. The reporting aspect alone of this software has saved me enough time throughout the year to justify the cost, let alone the fact that staff can login using the app or through the website and see their own shifts instead of calling into the office because their paper copy is out of date
ProsThe accessibility of this software is one of the most important features for me. My staff use both the app and the website on their mobiles and tablets to access our rota to check their shifts, request holiday etc.
ConsThe way the software is currently setup its not possible to assign more than 1 rule to pay rates with makes my job more difficult when working out wages on days that attract 2 different levels of premium rates. For example paying someone an additional £1 per hour for working a night shift and also paying them an additional £1 per hour because that night shift was on a sunday or a bank holiday.

By Findmyshift Ltd on January 17, 2018
Thanks for the review Tyrone! Regarding the pay rates, it is actually possible to add multiple rules and you can quite easily set them up to pay your staff different rates for different types of shifts. If you'd like us to walk you through it, get in touch with our support team!
January 11, 2018
Danielle C.
Office manager
Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees
October 4, 2017

“we have been using find my shift for many years and find that it is a very effective and easy to use”

OverallThe user friendly system is very beneficial to all staff and the excel reports for the hours worked helps me to generate my timesheets for my invoices.
ProsThe software is very user friendly for me and my work force and there is a smart phone app which also makes it more accessible for my staff. I find the reports which you can generate from the system very useful when translating my hours in to invoices for my customers.
Cons(not really cons just suggestions)If you finish a staff member on your rota's, they cannot see old shifts. It would be handy to have two finish dates one so that they are not on the rota anymore and one so that you can't schedule them from that date onwards. For example, we also use the finish box for current staff as a reminder for when their SIA badge runs out and we can't schedule them without them having a badge to work not necessarily because they so not work for our company anymore, most of the time they still need to see past shifts or log on to help them do invoices.

By Findmyshift Ltd on October 5, 2017
Thanks for the review and suggestion Danielle. We'll take a look and see what we can do for you. Perhaps a grace period for your staff to log in (maybe up to 2 weeks) after their finish date might help?
Neil H.
Operations Director
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
December 14, 2016

“It's changed our world”

OverallLike many other businesses, we survived for years using the good old fashioned spreadsheet to give us a visual planning tool for our staff assignment. Initially, we trialed Find My Shift purely for the ability to share the roster amongst our management team. Only when we took the leap from the old spreadsheet feature did we realize how much more we could achieve. The facilities feature was a pretty cool tool but then we started to share the roster with our staff. To say our staff communication has been revolutionized would be modest. It's changed our world and made a significant contribution to a culture of shared info - something we didn't think we were lacking until we tried it with Find My Shift. After that, we just kept exploring. We're now running all timesheets from Find My Shift - and it's taken a whole day off the payroll process! But still the best feedback from the team actually came from the partner of one of our guys - "this is awesome, I can now find out what you're doing this weekend - it feels like we've got control of our life back".......thanks guys, love your work!
ProsShared access, individual crew login, timesheets, facilities.....so much we love
ConsWould love to see a better mobile app - perhaps that staff can use for timesheets? Also, would love to be able to code time to a job (cost center)
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're using a spreadsheet to plan staff - get Find My Shift NOW - you'll wonder why you ever waited.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Hi Neil! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.
December 14, 2016
Richard J.
Media Production, 1-10 employees

“Just right for us”

OverallWe schedule multiple jobs at multiple sites with multiple staff on a daily basis, that also changes on a daily basis. This software allows us to view multiple locations and 'who is where' each day, whilst instantly notifying each member of staff and syncing with their own calendar automatically. This dramatically reduces the amount of time scheduling jobs and we also put purchase order information onto each staff members daily booking, making cross referencing of invoices much quicker. We have been using this software for our business for several years now and it quite simply just does its job, and does it well!
ProsWe love the fact that you can add as many staff as necessary without paying per person, particularly as we use a wide database of freelance contractors, so we have may only use some of them on rare occasions yet we don't have to continually pay just to have their name sitting in the app.
ConsThe fact that you can't zoom in and out whilst viewing the calendar to be able to see several weeks at a time on screen.

By Findmyshift Ltd on October 15, 2018
Thanks for the review Richard! To zoom in and out, press CTRL - and CTRL +. I hope this helps!
Jennifer H.
Practice Manager
July 13, 2018

“Have been very happy with Find My Shift”

OverallMany. All in the review
ProsIt is easy to use, easy to enter the schedule in and you don't have to follow an exact protocol for the times, etc. I like that I can email everyone at once right from the program, the templates make it convenient to add the schedule weeks in advance, I love the time off request feature, I like being able to change the font colors and the back ground colors. I also love that employees can check their schedules at home from their phones. No one can say they "looked at an old schedule" or didn't know about a shift because its all right there(unless you forget to publish a change...)
ConsThe color chart is hard to tell what color you are choosing. I wish there were an option to "Publish all" So I don't have to highlight a week, then publish, then highlight another week, then publish, etc if I put 8 weeks of schedule in at once. Its a little slow to save/publish

By Findmyshift Ltd on July 18, 2018
Thanks for the review Jennifer! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site! If you're having trouble with the colour chart, hover your mouse above it and use your mouse wheel to zoom-in and make it larger. I hope this helps!
July 13, 2018
Barry W.
Operations Director
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
July 24, 2017

“We manage our contracted hours and zero hours staff through this system for the last few years. ”

ProsWeb access makes it easy for multiple managers to access. Fairly easy to set-up, customisation of filed names and fairly simple to use.
ConsRows and columns don;t stay in alignment when scrolling. No easy way of inputting blocks of shifts. We have a 6 and 8 week rota system and have never managed to make the template bit work for us so we copy and paste lines for the year (takes about 3 days to programme half a years rota) / No edit or audit trail to see when a manager Added, moved or changed a shift. Awful interface on touch screen devices and the overview on mobile devices is no good for management purposes.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Thanks for the great review Barry! Lines can get misaligned if the browser zoom function has been adjusted. We suggest hitting "Ctrl + 0" on your keyboard fix alignment issues. Templates are best used for repeating shifts and can easily be applied to multiple cells. To apply a template to your rota, select the cells you'd like to apply the template to, then click "Templates" then the week (or weeks) you'd like to apply. I hope this helps!
July 24, 2017
Trilby W.
February 5, 2017

“Invaluable tool for a small business”

OverallWe have been using findmyshift for quite a few years now. We run a 24/7 operation with about 15 different shift times, so efficient management of staff timetables is absolutely essential. As our business has grown from 15 employees to over 40 we have found this scheduling website to be invaluable. I can't imagine going back to our previous spreadsheet schedule which resulted in staff turning up late to shifts or not coming in at all as they weren't aware of late schedule changes. Automatic syncing with employee calendars and the time-clock function really help to set this software ahead of anything else I've tried. I'm sure we will be using findmyshift for years to come.
ProsIt's easy to use and has a lot of functions
ConsI wasn't aware until trying other software products that findmyshift had a time-card function. So I would suggest somehow making users aware of these other functions. I'm not sure of the best way to do that - maybe a popup for managers every few logins so with different functions or tips?

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Hi Trilby! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.
Tyrone B.
Care Home Administrator
January 3, 2019

“Great online rota solution”

OverallI think this is our 5th year renewing with findmyshift. One of the biggest reasons for sticking with them is that you can always get hold of their support, they always want to help and will often go above and beyond to advise, tweek or fix anything that we are struggling with in terms of functionality or potential bugs in the code.
ProsWe've been using findmyshift for years to manage the staff rota for our carehome. Being able to access it anywhere with an internet connection, make changes etc has been invaluable.
ConsThe holiday management within the software doesn't suit our industry very well, great for straightforward hourly rates for staff with hours that never change and where additional payments aren't a consideration but doesn't account for the fact that employees must be paid an average wage for their time off taking into account regular overtime, flat rate bonuses for shifts etc. As such, i need to keep a separate spreadsheet for this.

By Findmyshift Ltd on January 4, 2019
Thanks for the review Tyrone!
January 3, 2019
KD D.
Clinic Director
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
November 30, 2016

“Makes Scheduling easy”

OverallWe converted from spreadsheets to using findmyshift, and have been very happy. We no longer have problems with employees not checking the schedule, we can email it to them. It has also helped our time off requests being tracked. My only problem is when an employee forgets to clock in, we can't change the time, so we aren't using that feature. Overall saves us a lot of time making and changing the schedules and keeps our employees informed.
ProsEasy to change and send to all employees the updates Time off Requests are easy to track
ConsClock in times can't be corrected if someone forgets to clock in

By Findmyshift Ltd on December 1, 2016
Thanks for leaving your review! The time clock times are kept read-only so that they can be used as an audit trail of exactly who clocked-in and out at that time. Of course, this is not going to work for payroll and reporting, which is why payroll and reports all hang off timesheets (approved time clock times). For more information, please see these help articles (or just chat with us live on the site): https://www.findmyshift.com/help/what-happens-if-staff-forget-to-clock-out https://www.findmyshift.com/help/what-is-the-difference-between-time-clock-data-and-timesheet-data https://www.findmyshift.com/help/how-do-i-change-the-times-on-time-clock-report I hope this helps!
November 30, 2016
Emma S.
HR/Finance Manager
May 3, 2018

“Easy way to monitor time and attendance ”

ProsThe reports that are available along with the additional facilities that can be added to each individual shift for each individual employee. Being able to attach all our employees details and information is also beneficial to us. Being able to input an hourly rate is also a factor which we like as it allows us to use this against our payroll system.
ConsI don't really like and am not 100% keen on the fact that there is so separation within the employees and that you can't separate them in departments or different locations. what is also different is cross referencing an employee that is based at one location but covers a shift at a different location, the only way in which we could do this was by colour coding which doesn't clarify specifically what location on the final report.

By Findmyshift Ltd on May 7, 2018
Thanks for the review Emma!
May 3, 2018
James P.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
August 16, 2017

“no more no-shows”

OverallI think that was covered in the review
ProsI like that it's live and always accessible on different platforms; means staff always are aware of their shifts and practically eliminates the occurrence of no-shows due to having the wrong shifts written down
Conssimple spelling mistakes can cause breaks to be not recorded: I had a manager who kept typing "30 mins break" and I realised this only after overpaying for dozens of hours. Can't have both stores visible on the same page: have to use two differnet tabs and this causes issues when managers are rostering hte same staff. Also that I have to record all holiday and new staff twice- lots of duplication of effort

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 27, 2017
Thanks for the awesome review James! We're sorry to hear of the breaks not being recorded. We recommend using "Break rules" instead of manually entering breaks. Break rules will automatically apply to your shifts so you won't have to worry about typos.
August 16, 2017
Debs S.
Restaurant Manager
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
March 6, 2017

“All good and suits our requirements well”

OverallHave not had to call customer service so not sure of how supportive they are, system itself suits our requirements well, only issue is that we have two shifts a day and if a member of staff is going to be unavailable or on holiday for one shift you have to mark the whole day off, not just that one shift, maybe there could be an option for am and pm unavailability/holiday, etc.
ProsEasy to plan ahead for the team, easy to email out to them with a message Easy to split departments to show costs
ConsInability to show unavailability/holiday for the two shifts we have in a day, can only book a whole day off and not a single shift
Recommendations to other buyersCould be easier to change the background colour for different members of staff

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Thanks for the review Debs! We have noted and added your suggestion to our list of feature requests. In the meantime, the best way to add half day time off entries would be to enter 0.5 on the "Allowance used" field. I hope this helps! If you need more information, drop us an email anytime.
March 6, 2017
April 2, 2019

“Excellent product for residential home shift planning”

OverallOur overall experience of using find my shift has been excellent. We started using it almost 3 years ago and it is an integral part of the business not only for the care staff but also for finance and business purposes. Without this tool we would not be able to calculate hours/wages/costs easily. We've never had technical difficulties with the software and if ever we have required assistance it has been on hand immediately and has been effective.
Pros1. Good that you can see 20 weeks worth of shifts 2. Staff ability to access sheets via phone is really good 3. Reviewing past months/years is easy and a very useful function
Cons1. Sometimes it's too easy to make mistakes i.e. moving a shift without knowing 2. Occasionally we need to have 2 background colours in 1 single cell (e.g. if someone is working an early but then also training in the afternoon) and this can be hard to achieve.

By Findmyshift Ltd on April 3, 2019
April 2, 2019
Wouter J.
Consultant Anaesthesiologist
October 25, 2018

“Five years using Findmyshift”

OverallI'm doing roster for 24 doctors in our department. I can make changes to roster from any computer and relay message to staff members about these changes seamlessly via FMS. The app is great and very easy to use. We've managed to cut paper printouts of rosters as well.
ProsGreat flexibility between facility view and staff view. Different filters and preset filters allow me to tailor rota for different areas in hospital. Product support is excellent. New features added regularly.
ConsI haven't managed to coordinate our leave cycle which runs from 1 April to 30 March with the leave reports which appears to take annual allowance from 1 Jan-31 Dec. It might be possible but haven't found feature yet.

By Findmyshift Ltd on October 30, 2018
Thanks for the review Wouter! To coordinate your leave cycle, visit Settings > Time off and change the date next to "Holiday year begins". I hope this helps!
October 25, 2018
Simon M.
Contact Centre Manager
Automotive, 201-500 employees
September 3, 2018

“Value for Money”

Overallgoing from manual resource management for a Contact Center, from using various spreadsheets to using Findmyshift has been a breath of fresh air and made management of the resource a doddle.
ProsThe price is very fair for the features it provides. The range of reporting is really helpful and as a whole it is really easy to navigate. the view is very clean and easy to find what you're looking for. having visibility of any time off being added is a real great tool.
ConsI would like to filter by multiples of the same category e.g. several job titles (this may be possible but haven't figured it out yet). adding time off is a few clicks longer than it needs to be. It's a bit annoying when an employee changes their hours and you have to go through and update a few weeks worth with the new hours, A way of having a default shift pattern for each employee that you can change so it changes it for all future shifts.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 5, 2018
Thanks for the review Simon! To filter by multiple items, just add a comma between them. You can chain as many items as you like in a filter. Also, a quick way to add time off is to select the dates on the schedule, right click and select Add > Time off. I hope this helps!
September 3, 2018
Darragh w.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
July 12, 2017

“A vital business tool. Saves me a lot of time and effort.My staff find it so easy to use the app.”

OverallControls cost. Frees up my time.Keeps my staff informed and happy
ProsEase of use for both desktop and mobile app. being able top control costs by comparing previous weeks . Saves a lot of time. speeds up payroll.
Conshard to fault. sometimes get tripped up by entering a pm instead of an am.As I am not that tech aware. I am only discovering how powerful the software really is at my own pace , so if there was a prompt function to ask "why not try this feature" or "do this it will give you this benefit", that would speed up my knowledge and give me more return on my investment

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 27, 2017
Thanks for the awesome review, Darragh! We've noted your suggestion on our list of feature requests. If you're comfortable using the 24-hour format, we suggest using it to avoid any mistakes with your AMs and PMs. Hope this suggestion helps!
Patrick M.
MD
Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees
April 9, 2017

“Awesome product!!! ”

OverallWe are a small business that has grown whilst using FMS, the product itself is great, updates intuitive, staff like it, customer support always prompt (and patient given that most of our issues are user error :) )..... Cant recommend it highly enough. PRM Operations
ProsSeems to be gleaned from excel so staff can use it well
ConsI don't find the app as user friendly for the administrator of the roster, but the staff love it as individuals, so not sure if that is a con or not, but in the office we almost exclusively use desktop.
Recommendations to other buyersYour business is a perfect three way combination, a good simple no frills product, well supported and well priced, we really think its fantastic.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Thanks for your feedback Patrick! We do hope to add more features to the app in the future to make it more user friendly for administrators and managers. If you have any other questions, please let us know. We are happy to help!
April 9, 2017
Richard M.
Executive Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2019

“Quality Rota system”

OverallMoving from multiple excel/ paper based systems to a simgle coordinated approach is excellent.
ProsIt is the best value rota software available
ConsThe set up takes some time and the administrator needd training

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 4, 2019
Thank you for the review Richard!
September 3, 2019
Lyndsey H.
Support Coordinator/ Man power
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
October 4, 2017

“Efficient and effective in every way!”

OverallThis software makes my life easier day in and day out. The software make scheduling simpler, more efficient and more effective. Very Happy Customer.
ProsFind my shift is easy to use and very adaptable, find my shift make scheduling and adding rota's easier and less time consuming. The agents find it easy to access and understand also. Find my shift is a great scheduling tool and I would recommend this system.
ConsI would like to be able to add breaks in a better format, for example rather than it being displayed on the time sheet for it to be on a link for example in grid format.

By Findmyshift Ltd on October 9, 2017
Thanks for the review Lyndsey! Thanks for your feedback about the breaks. When you get a minute, please get in touch with our support team and so we can find out more about what you're looking for.
Jennifer B.
HR Manager
August 22, 2017

“We have trialed a few different programs and this was the best one we found for our needs. ”

OverallWe have several business sites around town, this program allows our managers to look and see what staff are scheduled at their sites and when they work at a different location.
ProsEasy to update and very easy to customize for our staff needs. We have a particular rotation we use for our shifts and it was simple to set up. We have multiple users inputting shifts and its nice to be able to see what user has made the changes.
ConsIt doesn't always seem to save, sometimes you go back and your change isn't there. Also it is not easy to use on the mobile version on your phone. For a PC use it is great.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Thanks for the review, Jennifer! To be on the safe side, we recommend clicking the save button or hitting "Ctrl + S" on your keyboard before exiting Findmyshift to save all your changes.
August 22, 2017
Kathryn T.
CLV Officer
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
September 14, 2018

“Great rota software”

OverallI have used the customer support chat quite often, and the team are extreme helpful and quick to respond. We intend to use this software for the foreseeable future.
ProsThe ease of adding in shifts and people, the fact that the admin can accept and confirm bookings. The option to add additional roles. The everyone can log in from home to see the rota, and that there is a message board function.
ConsIt is not very transferable between different devices, I often get complaints from the members who use the service with us that the layout is not understandable when read off of a iphone or ipad. The reports function is useful, however I do find it hard to navigate and understand.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 19, 2018
Thanks for the review Kathryn!
September 14, 2018
Ian C.
Chief Operating Officer
March 21, 2018

“Easy to use, with information clearly displayed. Great access across all devices.”

OverallA much clearer and more accurate view of staff work times, leave. Easier to track absenteeism and manage via the reports available. Simple to use and a time saver when planning rosters and staff leave.
ProsInitial set-up was easy and the instructions to do so clear. The rosters can be set to cover a wide range of duty shifts, daily and weekly. The roster template set-up was simple and it is extremely easy to transfer to the Overview for use. Changes to the roster for holidays, rostered time off, sick leave etc. is very simple and can be added directly into the Overview. The reports available are clear and full and very good for Management purposes. The time clock log-in and log out is quick and simple.
ConsThe inability to select several staff members when adding time off, especially Statutory Holidays when not all staff have the time off on that day. Even though this may be done directly in the Overview it would be quicker and easier to do as a once only action in the Add Time Off function.

By Findmyshift Ltd on March 27, 2018
Thanks for the review Ian!
March 21, 2018
Lorraine B.
Showroom Manager
Furniture, 51-200 employees
February 21, 2018

“Excellent rota system for my staff”

OverallI have never used such an easy system and I will continue to use it for my staff. The App is useful to but the desktop option is much easier to use.
ProsIt is very clear with many functions and my staff find it easy to use. The layout is very clear and the colours are also very useful.
ConsThe display order of the staff listed on the rota seems to be different for each staff member. I would like to set it so we all see the same rota layout.

By Findmyshift Ltd on February 22, 2018
Thanks for the review Lorraine! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site. Regarding the display order - while this can be set globally through "Setting" > "Display", your staff can still override this via their "Options" menu on the rota. If they do want to use the global setting they just need to select the "Default" sort under "Options". I hope this helps!
February 21, 2018
Finlay I.
January 9, 2018

“Have been using this software for three rosters for about 5 years”

Overallwe manage rosters over 3 sits (soon to be 4). However the cost of paying for multiple rosters that do not link to our paysystem is becoming prohibitive and we are actively looking for an integrated payroll / roster / timeclock package.
Proseasily accessible for staff, good visuals and easy to use. Some staff are abler to link to the phone calendars which is helpful
ConsThe phone app is not great for me so always use desktop version on my phone, which can be problematic. there should be a setting that forces automatic refresh as sometimes staff will be looking at a roster and not realise it has changed.

By Findmyshift Ltd on January 10, 2018
Thanks for the review Finlay! Please get in touch with our support team so we can help find a solution for you to integrate your payroll with Findmyshift.
January 9, 2018
Kadie F.
Supv, Service Coordination Specialist & Planner
September 5, 2017

“Would Never Consider Using Another Scheduling Tool”

ProsOur service group uses Findmyshift for scheduling multiple engineers - changes are constantly made throughout the day and by different individuals logged in at all times. The ability to make changes with instant updates and allow everyone to access via phones and web as well as advance scheduling is extremely beneficial - I would never want to be WITHOUT Findmyshift!
ConsWe would like the ability to select multiple resources, type one thing, and have it populate to all cells, but that is more of a recommended preference than an issue with the program.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Thanks for the wonderful review, Kadie! We're glad to hear you're finding our software beneficial and we'll keep your suggestion in mind.
September 5, 2017
Adeline V.
Restaurants, 1-10 employees
July 19, 2019

“Easy to use”

OverallIt's functional, everyone uses the software easily, and it's by far the best option that we've used so far.
ProsIt's really straightforward to use, the login clock is ideal for our scenario where we might ask people to stay on past their shift time if it is busy.
ConsWe have a lot of young employees who are only legally allowed to work 4hr shifts at a time, so we have a considerable number of employees, although it's actually only the equivalent of 2 full timers and 1 part timer. It makes the software quite a lot more expensive as we pay for each member of staff. I wish there was an offer for small businesses that allowed us to pay for hours shifted per week, rather than by employee.

By Findmyshift Ltd on July 24, 2019
Thanks for the review Adeline! With Findmyshift you don't pay any extra for additional employees, it's just #22 per team - everything included.
July 19, 2019
Janet C.
Administrator
January 22, 2018

“We have 7 locations and 25 employees. This software allowes us to track who is working where. ”

ProsI like that the employees can have this app on their phone and check their own schedule. Our company is an assisted living facility and we can put out one email and it goes to all 25 employees when we need a shift filled. We used to have to call everyone to get the shift filled.
ConsI would like to change the employees credentials from the employee page that lists all employees. Right now we have to go into their own file on the site. But it does allow us to track who had a flu shot, T-B test etc....

By Findmyshift Ltd on January 23, 2018
Thanks for the review Janet! I've noted your feedback about editing staff credentials from the list page - hopefully we can include that in a future version.
January 22, 2018
SUSAN A.
DIRECTOR
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
October 24, 2017

“Really easy and straight forward system - takes the headache out of rota writing!”

OverallSpeed and efficiency of rota writing. Fast accessibility for all staff.
ProsEase of use and ease of ability to add new staff as we have a fluctuating staff base. Staff find it so easy to use too so it makes the whole process smooth and efficient.
ConsI can't seem to re-use names easily so find I have to adjust names on the rota - effectively making up a name :)

By Findmyshift Ltd on October 25, 2017
Thanks for the review Susan! It's not possible to have two people with the same name on the rota, so when you add your staff make sure you add a last name. If you don't want last names to show on the rota you can change the way this is displayed via Settings > Display. You can also hide last names from other staff via Settings > Privacy. I hope this helps!
October 24, 2017
Edwin K.
Scheduler/IT/Unit Clerk
August 18, 2017

“I schedule for 2 different companies and www.findmyshift.com is far more value for your money.”

OverallTimesaving, Flexible, Employee tracking.
ProsI like just about everything about findmyshift.com. I have been using it for several years now and have found nothing that compares for the price. I find it to be easy to use, functional, flexible, feature packed and also like the mobility of it.
ConsIt would be nice to see biometrics built into the database for automatic time clocking... as an option it would be nice to have the feature to have a daily sign in sheet that can be used online by supervisors to check their staff in easily.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Thanks for the review Edwin! We're pleased to hear our software is meeting your business needs. We'll keep your suggestions in mind for future updates.
August 18, 2017
karen j.
business owner
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

“online rosters”

Overallwe where using a paper format that could only be seen in store , find my shift makes it possible for rosters to been seen 24 hours and to notify staff of any changes as they happen
Prosstaff can access their rosters online through computer or smartphone app . They are made aware of roster changes and updates through an automatically generated email , but you can chose to send if needed all staff can see who is rostered on , so if they need someone to cover a shift they can see who is not rostered on .
ConsI have not come across any major issues , is can sometimes be a bit slow to save changes

By Findmyshift Ltd on October 15, 2018
Thanks for the review Karen!
andrea K.
October 4, 2018

“Find my Shift”

OverallGood. Would like to be able to have a sign in for timesheets, that coincide with the roster, so i have an electronic document of it all.
ProsCan log in from anywhere to check and like wise for staff
ConsWhen a staff member finishes and you put a final date in, or you remove that staff member, it removes them from all history. Would be useful to keep on, from that point back, so you could look back on shifts and see where that staff member was allocated.

By Findmyshift Ltd on October 6, 2018
Thanks for the review Andrea! FYI, when you enter a finish date for a staff member all of their history remains intact, and remains available for historical reporting. If you're not seeing the staff member in your reports you should get in touch with our support team as there may be a filter or setting that is excluding them. We're here 8am-8pm UK time, so please feel free get in touch!
October 4, 2018
Wendy M.
Company Secretary
January 8, 2018

“Fantastic value for money software”

Overalleasier shift planning, annual leave planning
ProsEasy to use, easy to change shifts, leaves a paper trail for annual leave requests, shift requests etc.
ConsThe app is rubbish for authorising leave etc - have to log in to desktop site. Would like a more robust biometric clocking in/out to link with Find My Shift - using the one on Find My Shift isn't working for us as staff "forget". Would like a terminal where people clock in/out as they enter/leave the office.

By Findmyshift Ltd on January 9, 2018
Thanks for the review Wendy! We do offer a stand-alone time clock application, but if you'd rather use an external system we can look at integrating the data for you - just get in touch with our support team!
January 8, 2018
Joe T.
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 20, 2017

“Easy To Use”

ProsI like how easy it is to use for both workers and managers, no matter if you're in the office or working from home.
ConsSome faults when using on versions of Google Chrome, Better holiday functionality for half days and not including days not worked in calculations.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 27, 2017
Thanks for the 5-star rating, Joe! If you're experiencing any issues with the software on Chrome, please don't hesitate to email us anytime at help@findmyshift.com. Time off entries for holidays can be entered as half days by entering 0.5 (if you're using days as holiday allowance unit) or 4 (if you're using hours as holiday allowance unit) on the "Allowance used" field on your time off entry. On the same note, if you wish to exclude days not worked from your time off calculations, you can enter "0" on the "Allowance used" field. This way, the day will still marked as a holiday but time off allowance will not be deducted.
September 20, 2017
victoria m.
June 20, 2017

“Such a valuable tool for staff scheduling!”

ProsThe most valuable part of the software is that staff can see their hours after the business closes. Previously they would have been messaging around each other to see what time they started for the next day but now with a simple click on the site they can easily find out. All staff use the software in our store- its easy to use and saves so much time. The software isn't perfect but it is a vast improvement on our previous system.
ConsThe only downside is how slow it works on ipads. It tends to freeze more often and is less user friendly as a result.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Hi Victoria! Thank you for your feedback regarding iPads. We are looking into improving this so it can be as user friendly as on a computer. If you have any other suggestions or questions, please let us know, we are happy to help!
June 20, 2017
Peter W.
March 21, 2017

“Most useful staff management website!!!”

ProsWe use this site every day and could not fault its uses and the staff who are on hand to help whenever we need it. It covers our every need from simple staff management to reports on just about every bit of information we need to know regarding time off/hours works/budgets etc... The customization is perfect for the user to control how much information everyone linked to our company can view.
ConsThere are some alignment issues with the overview page when selecting more than 2 weeks which can cause problems with reading the correct table for certain staff members.

By Findmyshift Ltd on March 23, 2017
Thanks for the review Peter!
March 21, 2017
Tania B.
Member Serivces Coordinator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
November 30, 2018

“Solid Scheduling Software”

OverallEnjoy using it, thank you
ProsEmail notification of shift changes; visually
ConsShould be able to enter a start date and end date range when entering Time off without having to select all the dates (e.g. 2 weeks). Should be able to right click and enter the date range, as oppose to having to view multiple weeks, or selecting the date entering one date of Vacation and them going back in and adjusting the end date.

By Findmyshift Ltd on December 4, 2018
Thanks for the review Tania! If you'd prefer to enter your time off with a start/end date rather than having to select the cells on the roster, just click on "Time off" > "Add time off". I hope this helps!
November 30, 2018
Debs S.
Restaurant Manager
May 9, 2018

“All good, fulfils our requirements well”

OverallWe have a rota system that is easy to use and accessible to all staff
ProsEase of use and flexibility, ability to re-schedule the timings of shifts and send a quick email to notify staff quickly.
ConsWe now have quite a lot of staff and some work in two different departments, it would be handy to be able to pick the staff members you want to see and put them on one screen as some are down the bottom of the list and off the page, there is a lot of scrolling up and down to make sure all the shifts are adequately covered.

By Findmyshift Ltd on May 14, 2018
Thanks for the review Debs! Try using the filters to split the view by department - it should help!
May 9, 2018
Philip B.
vet / partner
July 12, 2017

“I've been using this software for 3-4 years now and overall I'm extremely pleased with it.”

OverallIt's just made organising our group of vets way easier!
ProsWe run a vet practice with five sites and use the software to plan rota for future months and show vets which duties they have each day and allow them to request holiday etc. It is a huge leap forward from paper planners and our other previous methods.
ConsI find it a little fiddly to view our setup on mobile or smaller devices, but this is mainly down to the number of staff I'm attempting to organise.

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Hi Phillip! We appreciate the feedback and your loyalty! If you ever have any issues or questions please do not hesitate to contact us, we are happy to help!
May 5, 2017

“Useful tool for the hospitality industry”

ProsIn the hospitality industry, changes to the rota are the frequent, Findmyshift will send updates of any changes made to the rota and notify all staff. It also allows staff to mark in requests for annual leave or time off. These two features make it easy to organise your rota in advance and at quick notice. The programme is easy to use, and makes organising busy schedules a doddle.
ConsMobile app does not show who else is working on shift with you, which would be helpful feature. I always return to the desktop site as an organiser to see the overview of the shifts.
May 5, 2017
Andrew A.
Sales & operations Director
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 employees
April 7, 2017

“Good value ”

OverallWe have used Findmyshift for a few years now predominantly because it is is simple to train new consultants (we have 150 homeworkers) to submit and manage their shifts themselves, which can be different week on week and month on month. Management then can approve and monitor relatively simply. Reporting is basic but fine for uploading onto to CSV/Excel then manipulating the data as you need it. Does not have many bells & whistles but works for us currently as good value for money and simplicity.
ProsSimple
ConsBasic reporting and doesn't separate out lunch breaks from stats

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 25, 2017
Thanks for the review Andrew! We might look into adding breaks on stat reports in the future. In the meantime, breaks can be viewed on hours reports.
April 7, 2017
Loisoz E.
Business Owner
March 16, 2017

“User Friendly”

OverallVery reliable, allowing everyone in the team to access and nominate changes. i haven't really explored the whole platform, however, if there were a section where you would implement everyones available days/shift, perhaps there may be a way to generate a a template roster then make minor changes if need be
Prosuser friendlyness
Consunable to generate roster via staff availability implementation
Recommendations to other buyersi think its great, and can only get better :)

By Findmyshift Ltd on September 26, 2017
Thanks for the review Loisoz! Findmyshift has several functions for allowing staff to nominate their availability. One is the "Request shift" function which allows staff to request any shift they want, subject to manager approval. Another is the "Available shifts" function where manager can display all available shifts for staff to take. Lastly, the "Swap shifts" function allows staff to swap shifts without need for manager approval. I hope this helps!
March 16, 2017
Elaine M.
Food Production, 11-50 employees

“Excellent rota software”

OverallI run three teams of people in three separate locations. Find My Shift is excellent. It lets me create templates for different weeks and then I can edit the templates if I need to. Once applied, the rotas can be edited. There's a 'staff view' which lets everyone see everyone's shifts on one screen, and there's a 'location view' so I can check I have enough people covering the different locations. The mobile version isn't great, but the desktop version can be used on mobile devices with no issues. I've never had to contact customer support, which is why I've not rated that section.
ProsFull shift visibility over multiple locations on one screen.
ConsMobile version is very limited.

By Findmyshift Ltd on February 6, 2017
Thanks for the review Elaine!
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees
January 11, 2019

“Schedule management (web based)”

OverallI am satisfied in terms of co-managing your work schedule and to express your availability.
ProsWhat I like about this is that you can manage your availability in a given date without exerting to much efforts or going to excel file just to create/manage schedule. This software is basically can serve as your own secretary. If you are running a company you can manage your workers with the use of the software, you can put your schedule inputs that employee can see on their end when they log in on their own account that includes personal details of your employee that you can just pull up when you need it.
ConsIt sometimes takes time to load up especially if its a big input.

By Findmyshift Ltd on January 14, 2019
January 11, 2019
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
August 20, 2018

“Love it but...”

OverallFindMyShift works really well for our business needs, however, it could do so much more, the lack of regular updates and new feature as put the platform behind the competition. The rota part is great the rest around it is so so....
ProsBeing able to have the rota per building or per employee, we use per employee base don our business needs. How easy and quick it is to book and enter times.
ConsHoliday management Uploads section and notice board need a lot of loving, not very 2018 more like 1999. The Android/ iOS app could be improved massively. Reports are not great or easy to use
August 20, 2018