Daylite for Mac Ratings

Overall

About Daylite for Mac

EXCLUSIVELY for Mac, iPhone & iPad. Daylite is a CRM, Lead Management & Project Management app ideal for teams of 2-50. Track leads and follow ups. Build custom sales pipelines. Segment customers for targeted campaigns. Save time with email templates & email blasts. Manage emails with Apple Mail integration. Share leads, tasks, and projects with your team. Great for sales teams, real estate professionals, design studios, law firms & more. Learn more about Daylite for Mac

Michelle R.
Designer
Design, Self-employed
June 28, 2019

“Daylite is my Command Central”

OverallI am able to provide a variety of design services with different workflows to my clients. I use it to manage my solo business, so Daylite is my only "assistant", so with my pipelines and activity sets established, it tells me what to do and when to do it. I am vigilant about my Daylite meeting time, and it helps me establish the goals for the week in manageable bites. The more detailed I am in the set up of my pipelines, the more effective Daylite is in helping me manage projects. All the linking features make it easy to get a snapshot of my jobs including emails, tasks, goals, key players.
ProsI love that I can use project management, task management, contact management and scheduling all in one. I also love the linking capabilities and its interface with my emails. I can go through email and assign every email to a project, task and determine a date to accomplish the task. I use the pipelines and activity sets to get better and better at my workflows. The longer I use and develop daylite to fit my work, the better I get at my job and my ability to replicate successful projects.
ConsThe downsides occurred in the beginning when I had to learn the platform and spend time setting it up. It took a while and several tries before it caught on. Once I learned it and a lot of the nuances, I got to a point where I am afraid I could not live with out it. I am sure there are features I don't use or know about, so I appreciate that Daylite support is proactive about training with the informative videos and support outreach. There have been some glitches here and there, but the customer support team has always helped work through those and get things on track.

By Marketcircle on July 10, 2019
Hi Michelle, We're so glad to hear Daylite is making your life easier! Being able to link your emails and manage all of your projects with ease makes such a difference. Like most CRMs, we know Daylite does take some time to learn and it's great that our support team has been able to help you through the process! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!
June 28, 2019
Management Consulting, Self-employed
November 29, 2018

“Powerful and highly customisable multi-function app, but subscription prohibitive for non-commercial”

Overall1. My primary contact list, especially for business associates and friends globally from my working life. 2. List of domestic service providers with all relevant data such as contact details, account numbers etc. I have created forms as records of vehicle and equipment maintenance. All these can be linked including receipts imported as pdfs. 3. Domestic and community project management where suppliers, venues, resources, tasks, schedules/pipelines and receipts are linked.
ProsAlmost infinitely customisable fields, keywords etc. for fast data search and smart lists. A CRM database, with the added functions of project management and data forms. Automatic copying of e-mails to companies and people. Ability to telephone from the app. Ability to create templates and forms. Linking of people, companies, tasks, correspondence and files such as receipts to a project, for example. Not enough time to list all its amazing features!
ConsDaylite is aimed at the corporate market. The switch to subscription service will sooner or later make it unaffordable for me as a retiree using Daylite for non-commercial personal and community projects. Marketcircle really should offer a lower cost version for personal use. Because Daylite is so highly customisable, you need to have a very clear idea of what data you need and how you will use it before starting. However, once you have it set-up to your liking it is intuitive and simple with the aid of templates and forms etc.

By Marketcircle on December 5, 2018
Hi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! It's great to hear you value how customizable Daylite is. We're proud that it's simple to use yet really adaptive! If you'd like, we'd love for you to reach out to us at info@marketcircle.com so we can go over pricing with you and find the best option.
November 29, 2018
Jeremy R.
Portrait Artist
Fine Art, 1-10 employees
October 24, 2018

“My staff loves it. Business intelligence is severely lacking.”

OverallI want to love Daylite. If the reporting were more robust, I would be THRILLED to stick with it. But without reporting and analysis, it is more like a glorified Contact Manager, Appointment Calendar and Task List--which is why my staff loves it. Unfortunately, I need business intelligence, and Daylite doesn't provide that.
ProsIt lives on the Mac desktop, like a "real" business application; not on a browser where it is too easy to get distracted. Awesome. It works on Mac. Excellent. It takes some forethought to get it set up, but once set up it is flexible enough to handle unique needs. I initially loved that. Activity Sets automatically create Meetings and Tasks based on date (but there are huge problems, noted below). Daylite does an excellent job of tracking individual events for each Person.
ConsWhile Activity Sets do a good job of creating a series of upcoming Meetings and Tasks, Daylite has no idea that these "events" must exist in series. A meeting is a meeting is a meeting and a Task is a Task is a Task. This makes reporting next to impossible... Daylite cannot generate a report of how many People made it to one Meeting, but not to the next Meeting. It cannot tell me how many Phone Calls (each entered as a separate Task), for example, were made to a Lead before they came in for that first meeting. Daylite uses Categories to keep track of People. A Person might begin with a category of 'Lead', then change to a category of 'Client', then have category 'Completed'. (We actually had 5 primary categories, each with subcategories to help us understand each client) The problem is that there is no history. Reporting, again, is nearly impossible: Daylite can give raw counts: How many People were added in the last 7 days? How many Leads do we now have? Etc. But these reports are a snapshot of current data. Once a Person moves to the next Category, I can no longer get an accurate report of: How many new leads were added last week? What is our conversion ratio? How long did they exist as Leads? The Report Module is very limited. Custom Reporting is available but requires a 3rd party programmer. Piplelines proved too clunky.

By Marketcircle on November 20, 2018
Thanks for the review! We appreciate you being a long time Daylite customer and your detailed review. We have discussed your feedback and using it to consider how to improve Daylite.
October 24, 2018
Alan M.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
March 16, 2018

“Fabulous CRM for B2B B2C & Recurring”

OverallAlready described
ProsDaylite doesn't seem to differentiate between B2B or B2C. You can add appointments, tasks, notes, email, pipelines, etc to people, or businesses. You can add single tasks, activity sets (groups of tasks, appointments etc) or pipelines (stages with groups of tasks, appointments etc. within each stage). Whether you are managing a sales cycle or a project, data entry is minimal. I love that with one click, all our carefully considered steps can be applied to any situation, whether it's a sales cycle or the projects that result from a sale. Combinations are possible and I'm confident that no step is overlooked or omitted and they pop up at exactly the right time. Customization of the task list or pipeline task set is also possible "on the fly". Their service is unbelievable. I haven't had a lot of interaction with Daylite support over the 12 years I've been using Daylite, but the followup I recently received for questions I had offered service at a level to which I would like to become accustomed! I had support sending me emails some days later asking if everything was okay - not an automated survey question, but someone in support that actually cares! When do you ever get that level of service? A big thank you!
ConsI don't use Opportunities for prospects since it's not possible to convert an Opportunity (and everything recorded & saved) to a Contact. I set up any prospect as a full contact then tag them with a category of Prospect. I then set up a smart list that displays all contacts that have a category of Prospects. Also, it would be great if PC users could access Daylite too. Not everyone on the team uses a Mac.

By Marketcircle on March 19, 2018
Thank you Alan for your wonderful review of Daylite. We are excited to hear how you use Daylite so extensively to manage your business. It's great to hear how our customers use Daylite. May you continue to win more business and get more done!
David K.
February 21, 2018

“VERY Responsive Support for a Great Product”

OverallIt's the most fully integrated software that allows me to manage all aspects of my business (less accounting). I love the integrated functions of; Calendar, Task Management, Project Management, Sales Opportunity Tracking, Data collection and analysis, robust Contact Management. These features, combined with the email integration piece, allows me to quickly turn an email into a; Task, Calendar event, note, idea, or just save to an associated project, opportunity, company or individual file. Daylite is an indispensable part of my day and essential to running and growing my business.
ProsDaylite allows me to integrate all aspects of my day into two portals (email & Daylite). Daylite email integration, combined with (Calendar, Tasks, Team, Projects, Opportunities, Forms, et al) allows me to work inside one interface for all my needs. The email integration is my favorite piece. I can action any email for a thought, idea, task, appointment, note and numerous other uses, without having to copy/paste, forward or otherwise transfer information. Instead of managing multiple softwares (Outlook, Project, Sales Force, etc) I can follow pipelines, workflows, activity sets, and send merged mailings all from one portal, tracked to each person or company. I am a HUGE Fan.
ConsThe only functionality I could ask for is to integrate an email app into Daylite which would make the process complete. Other than that, Daylite Cloud has been indispensable to running my business, managing my team, and growing revenue.

By Marketcircle on February 22, 2018
Thank you David for your wonderful review of Daylite! We're very happy to know that Daylite helps you run your business and your team, while growing your revenue! Thank you for sharing David. :)
February 21, 2018
Barry D.
Freedom Leader; Master of Peaceful Governance
February 3, 2018

“My Seasoned Love Affair With Daylite!”

OverallPhenomenal control over all my data, commitments, opportunities, and projects. I now excel at staying on top of my commitments. Fewer things on my mind due to Daylite's automation features. I manage both my business and family life with Daylite an integrated solution for information management.
ProsWhen I realized my peace, sanity, and time were worth protecting and was fed up with complaining to my wife about a piece of garbage software I was currently using, I did not have a solution to replace it with. I had no knowledge about Marketcircle's Daylite. It wasn't until I threw the gauntlet down that there had to be something for the Mac that was serious for running my small business did I discover my new-found love. I have scars from using other programs. That's how bloody it got, how costly. But for a precious fraction of the cost with Daylite, I have peace like a river flowing out of my personal and professional commitments. I am in control. Thank you, Marketcircle! This year marks my 11th anniversary with my new love, Daylite. She has been so good to me. She is flexible, customizable, expandable, able to take on new tasks and projects without fuss. It's been a peaceful 11 years since our new relationship began, and God forbid that I would do anything intentionally to harm that relationship. It wasn't long after being introduced to Daylite that her hidden capabilities came into view. The more time I spent with her, the more I became grateful for her creator. "You mean this company fosters feedback from the experience I am having with their prize creation? You mean I can have a hand in the engineering enhancements beyond what she is doing for me today? This is phenomenal!"
ConsWhen I select an object and create "New Appointment" from that object, the title field for the Appointment should automatically be populated. Phone support, when needed, would upgrade Marketcircle on par with companies of excellence like Apple, Bluehost, and Cannon. There's always room for improvement in service to the customer.

By Marketcircle on February 5, 2018
Thank you Barry for your love for Daylite! :) We are super happy that Daylite provided you peace and sanity in running your small business. Happy 11th anniversary Barry!
February 3, 2018
Michael W.
Agile Software Coach
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
August 29, 2017

“Daylite supports me to work how I think, natively on my Apple devices, convenient+safe in the cloud”

Overall* Contact and Calendar on steroids! Rich linking to capture the rich relationships that really exist in the real world. * Project/task management * Opportunity management for an extended job search. This could not have happened via a spreadsheet, contrary to job coach advice. A job search is too rich to be 2-dimensional. * Native Apple look-and-feel, and UX. * Tracking multiple opportunities in my job search pipeline. * Integration to email. It just fits in the tools I use every day.
ProsRich linking -- My ADHD mind isn't deficient in attention - it makes rich connections. Daylite allows me to do that, too. If I think an association is important to capture, Daylite lets me do that. Many other CRM's force an association model on me. I like it that Daylite allows me to make the associations that make sense for me because it let's me later view different perspectives of those links -- everything (yes, everything) that's relevant to a person, an appointment, a note, an opportunity. If I think that's an important as it's top-of-mind, I capture that relationship for later use. Integrated with native Mail.app -- It's great to link mail to sales opportunities (and people, and tasks and appointment, and projects) all without leaving mail. Then, when I'm back in DL, all that mail shows up when it's relevant. I don't have to go searching through INBOX. Customer service -- World class. I wouldn't doubt if I were in the top 1% of customers requesting support. I've contacted them A LOT! I always get personal, courteous, expert responses. That's rare. I value that deeply. Apple first -- The interface does not make concessions to Windows look-and-feel or UX. Yeah! As an Apple-only user, that suits my thinking and muscle memory just fine! Underdogs -- I feel like I'm part of a movement -- an all-apple CRM that kicks butt for usability and productivity.
Cons* Beyond-expert-level features and keybindings. Marketcircle is small, and doesn't (yet) have the customer base to get to the kinds of features that my power-user toolsmith mindset would want. For example, some actions require use of a mouse, and I'm a HUGE fan of keeping my fast fingers on the keyboard. That's a nit to pick, but it's the kind of detail that comes from a larger customer base. Missing - a browser-based (or API) interface -- There are some times that I just don't have my phone or MacBook with me. It would be nice to use any-old-browser. Ah... the tradeoffs for being tightly coupled to Apple-only devices (BTW... See "pros" for same issue).

By Marketcircle on August 29, 2017
Thank you Michael for your wonderful review!
August 29, 2017
Tuey C.
Chief Creative Thinker, CMM
Events Services, 1-10 employees
June 14, 2017

“Daylite has transformed the way we work, helped us to close more business and better manage projects”

OverallPlease read my survey results that I just submitted as it answers this question in depth.
ProsDaylite is robust but not overly complicated. The customization aspect is excellent. Our team loves using it for a myriad of reasons including - customization of reports, the plugins from IOSxpert - they are fantastic(!), the mobile version on iphone is completely wired in an user friendly, the new team-view features are superb as we are all able to help deliver on tasks and projects when it counts, the user interface is very clean and organized, the calendar integration with iCal and Google is excellent, the smart lists for projects and opportunities are totally functional and help speed up large scale project accessability while connecting team members...and the list goes on. I particularly like the option of dragging up the most pressing opportunities and project to the top tool bar and having them right at my fingertips. We also integrate Merlin Project into the larger projects and it's compatibility is excellent. There is a bit of learning curve but once our team took the time to dig in and get under the hood of the cross functionality, it only made our project management easier. In fact, I would say that through Daylite, we have come to sell our project management skills and realize this vertical as a profit center for our small company. Honestly, Daylite is a game-changer. Congratulations on all that you have accomplished and we look forward to continued roll-outs and developments.
ConsNeed to continue improving Apple mail to Daylite and it would be great to have a slack-like messaging component. Probably the biggest 'want' is the ability to output to word and excel in some capacity. Daylite will output to excel in a very limited fashion - it works, but it could be smoother. I realize that this 'ask' would probably require licensing from Microsoft in some capacity and it may be cost prohibitive. Otherwise, Daylite is a fantastic platform for Apple shops. We have been using it since 2012.

By Marketcircle on June 14, 2017
Thank you so much Tuey for your love of Daylite. We will pass your feedback to our Design and Development team.
June 14, 2017
Jason G.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
December 23, 2016

“Best Mac CRM available”

OverallMy use case: small consulting firm that has been in business for 3 years. We use Daylite for customer relationship management, project & task management, calendar/resource management, as an applicant tracking system for our executive recruitment line of business, opportunity tracking, correspondence, etc. Prior to using Daylite, we ran the Salesforce platform and if you are willing to commit to the Apple/Mac ecosystem, Daylite is simply so much better than anything else that we have tried for the variety of tasks above. Not only was our previous solution almost 3x the cost, it was much more difficult to use, to customize, and to generate employee buy-in to actually use the system. Because this is a Mac-only product, it integrates extremely well and any Mac user will find it very intuitive. The data is in the cloud, but the application sits on my machine. This allows for the excellent reliability and off-line usability of a desktop application with the security, standardization, and data-recovery benefits of the cloud. Obviously, because it is Mac-only, I can't get a seat for one of my partners/contractors unless either they or I am willing to invest to get them into the Apple ecosystem. Not a problem internally for my company, but it is a limitation that can best be described as the blessing and curse of Daylite. I am certain that if it was a web-based or cross-platform software, it would not integrate as tightly and there would be more performance issues. Its not something that I consider a fatal flaw as I am fully invested in the Apple ecosystem, but is a limitation for scalability. In the few instances where I have had a support issue come up, I'd place MarketCircle's support team right at the top of software support teams that I have ever dealt with. They spend the time necessary to understand the problem, find the solution, and communicate fully and quickly. What more can you ask for? If you are looking for a small/medium-sized business CRM that (for my use case) far exceeds the usability and functionality of Salesforce at a fraction of the cost, and you are committed the the Apple ecosystem, I cannot recommend Daylite highly enough.
ProsIt is tightly integrated with Apple hardware and software, so it just works the way that you need and expect it to. This is a truly full-featured CRM/project management system/opportunity tracking system that is capable of the configurations, customizations, and integrations of systems that cost 3-4 times as much.
ConsThe blessing and the curse is that it is Mac-only. That makes it able to work as well as you'd expect a native Mac app to work, but it obviously limits your hardware choice and eliminates the possibility of sharing the CRM cross-platform. The performance and stability gains are well worth it in my opinion, but it is nonetheless a limitation.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for a small/medium-sized business CRM that (for my use case) far exceeds the usability and functionality of Salesforce at a fraction of the cost, and you are committed the the Apple ecosystem, I cannot recommend Daylite highly enough.

By Marketcircle on December 28, 2016
Thank you so much for your review, Jason :)
December 23, 2016
Elaine T.
Production Consultant
Media Production, Self-employed
August 14, 2017

“The best project management app I have been able to find. I don't think another, as good, exists.”

OverallWithout this software it would be a great deal harder to control each of the projects I work on. Every project has a different client base and different suppliers, all of whom can be input into the system. It's the control over information that gives peace of mind.
ProsDaylite makes it very easy to track every project on my desk. I am a one woman company, working on a number of projects at any one given time and it could so easily be chaos without Daylite. Being able to view emails and documents within projects, as well as the ability to add notes is essential. Since I moved to a Cloud account it has been even better. Very reliable and easy to keep up to date while on the move. There is a lot that is customisable of which I only use a small amount, however that may change as I make use of the tutorials available. The calendar syncs across with ease and the 'Home' page is an essential tool, giving a clear view of the days appointments and tasks. Much of the software is customisable.
ConsI am always seeking ways to work 'smarter' and thus save time. I would love it if there was a little more functionality so that I could input information on the Project page that would automatically populate a custom sheet in, say, reports. That would save me a huge amount of time. Being able to see the status of all projects and project history on one page would certainly be helpful to me.

By Marketcircle on August 14, 2017
Thank you Elaine for your review. I will email you for there is a way to see all your projects in one view.
August 14, 2017
Gary S.
Consultant Commercial Manager
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
May 4, 2019

“Intuitive and immensely powerful”

OverallEarly days with my first project (client) but having hosted a team workshop day to document (flipcharts and post-it notes) the end to end sales process (headline Stages and the detailed tasks/deliverables within each stage), I'm now developing and fine tuning Pipelines for Opportunties and Projects (including a Lost opportunities Pipeline) to help streamline the processes to help the business deliver more efficiently and at higher volume. I can see Sales Assistant high on the agenda in due course ... but one step at a time for now!
ProsHaving worked in a large Uk Plc for over 30 years, I have seen many iterations of different CRM systems come and go, each one promising to be better than the last... unfortunately, many never delivering on the promise we were sold as front line users and eventually falling into disuse. Now self employed as a consultant, I have been introduced to Daylite for the first time working with a small business that wants to grow; it has the capacity with orders, but is constrained by internal expertise and resource. At every step of my learning so far with Daylite, I have not yet failed to be impressed with the immense power contained within Daylite to automate, support and streamline the sales management process. I am now working very closely with my first client SME to develop fuller use of Daylite in their business using Pipelines and Forms to enable improved productivity and therefore sales growth from the same resource (to begin with) and the intuitive operation of the system should make this very easy and rewarding on all fronts. The online video tutorials are excellent and willingness of the software team to support and answer queries, first rate.
ConsNot a lot to be honest, but I'm still learning!

By Marketcircle on May 23, 2019
Hi Gary, Thank you so much for this feedback! We're so glad to hear you've had a great experience so far. Daylite really is packed with a lot of power and features and it's great to hear you're getting value out of this flexibility! We know how important having a streamlined sales process is so we love hearing you're already taking advantage of Pipelines!
May 4, 2019
James D.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
August 10, 2018

“The perfect Mac CRM program.”

OverallWhile I am glad to see a Mac-compatible product, I really wish that it was available for PC users. As someone who uses a Mac for a laptop and a PC as a desktop, it can get a little annoying to have to bring out my Mac to use it. I have seen a lot of people complain that you cannot use Daylite with other email clients, I know you can use Gmail with Mail. I have not tried connecting my Gmail with Mail, but I would imagine that once you have it connected, Daylite will work with those as well.
ProsWell, the best part of Daylite is its integration with my Mac's Mail app. There are a lot of products that leave out Mac users, but Daylite works perfectly with my High Sierra machine. I love that I can create a calendar entry for things that I have to do that are mentioned in my emails. The ability to track future sales helps us keep up to date on how we are meeting our company's goals. Not only is it very easy to use, but it also has a mobile app that syncs with the program.
ConsThe price has to be the biggest con for me. It is rather steep when compared to other CRM programs, especially when you start to add users. While I am personally glad that there is finally a Mac CRM program, as someone who also uses a PC, I find that it's a little frustrating to have to pull out my Macbook every time that I needed to use the program. I would also like to see an option for more storage, especially for the cost of the program.
August 10, 2018
Christian J.
Attorney at law
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
February 22, 2019

“Daylite in a law practice”

OverallI run a law practice. I don't know how I would be able to maintain an overview of my clients and projects and dead-lines without Daylite. The software never caused problems, save for errors on my own part. It's greatly appreciated.
ProsI appreciate the fact that a template for the database came pre-installed and that it was easily modified to suit my needs in terms for categories of contacts and projects/objects. The e-mail integration is important to me as mails are generally attached to the relevant contacts/projects. The integration of pages and numbers templates provides for a smooth process of drafting letters, contracts, income sheets etc. The task system of setting dates to keep me alert on dead-lines is crucial as I do a law practice and dead-lines are an integral part of my couselling.
ConsI was worried about transferring to the cloud as I couldn't get an authoritative answer from my association as to whether I was really allowed to store sensitive client data this way. Consensus now seems to prevail that this is OK, though.

By Marketcircle on March 4, 2019
Hi Christian, Thanks so much for your feedback! It's great to hear tasks are keeping your on track and our options for integration are making things run smoothly. We know how important deadlines are and we're really happy we're helping you get things done! We appreciate the time you took to share your comments - thank you again!
Christian S.
AppleCare Support Advisor
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
June 16, 2018

“I use Daylite for privat use and it helps me a lot to handle my privat office stuff”

OverallSelf organisation
ProsBest fetaures: - Apple Mail Integration - Cloud Service / App syncing - The possibility to link everything with everything Daylite is a great program to collect documents, correspondence and all information about daily office stuff. The timeline helps me a lot to organice my self and supports me a lot to find old documents and correspondence. The biggest benefit is the App to access the informations from everywhere. The worklist is a big feature for my daily task management and helps me to not forget important stuff.
ConsThe update mentality is a shame. No worries, but in my feeling Marketcirle is very slow in development. The calendar is a mess. Without the integration in Apple calendar the Daylite calendar would not usable for me. The task and project management is okay but had lots off oppertunitys to become better. Tools like Thinks or Omnifocus are much better than Daylite. The document management could be either more functional and should more functions provide to organice. The iPhone / iPad app stands still in development. You should integrate more functions from the desktop version for example like Groups. The design from all Applications are very old school and need a refresh.

By Marketcircle on June 22, 2018
Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear that Daylite helps keep you organized, manage the day to day and helps you not forget what is important for your business. We are working to speed up the development process and seeing real results!
June 16, 2018
Jörgen O.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2018

“Perfect for a small team”

OverallDayLite helps me and my team stay on top of our daily issues in a way that is better than any tool I have seen or used.
ProsI have been using DayLite since version 1.x, so you can say that I'm a happy camper. DayLite is so featured rich that there is always a way to solve what you need. The features I make most use of is : Task Management where it is fantastic to be able to delegate tasks as well as having full control over what to do and when. Mail integration that makes it easy to store mail that are connected to Opportunities or tasks. Calendar integration that helps me see who I met where and when. Opportunity Management that helps me stay on top of deals and quotas. Last but not least - I'm always in sync, I have a local copy of the database no need to be connected to the Internet at all times. ...and much more.
ConsThe possibilities with all features is also a potential risk that you lose your self in the software - so I think it is a good idea to make use of any of the professional consultants that are part of the network. When I started with DayLite I was on my own and I could probably have reached my goals a lot faster with some help. I also really miss that I can not handle multiple currencies without having to buy an expensive add-on.
December 4, 2018
LeeAnne H.
Transaction Coordinator/Assistant
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2018

“I've been using Daylite for 7 years and can't imagine being a transaction coordinator without it!”

Overall The biggest benefit for me is that I juggle 10-20 transactions at a time and I don't have to keep a million details in my head. It also provides a place for my brokers to look when they have questions about a transaction, current or past.
ProsI work on a team, coordinating transactions for 4 brokers as well as assisting with various projects ranging from social media content creation to client events. Daylite offers one place to hold details and to track tasks. Transactions are Opportunities and everything else is a Project. Attaching emails is easy and super useful. Contacts we use over and over again only have to be entered once. No one on my team has to keep a million details in their head so it helps us all stay on the same page. Now that we have switched to the cloud its faster, more reliable, and I've been able to install it at home so working remotely is seamless.
ConsDaylite mail assistant for iphone/ipad has been needed for years. Also really wish I could copy and paste multiple fields from people or company records.

By Marketcircle on March 26, 2018
Thank you LeeAnne for your review of Daylite. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying Daylite even more on Cloud. Thank you for your feedback, I will submit your request over to our Design and Development Team. May your team continue to win more business and get more done!
March 22, 2018
Brian N.
Territory Manager
March 6, 2018

“The BEST CRM program for a Mac user!”

ProsI have used Daylite for the past five years switching from another PC CRM program for the previous ten years. I love the fact that I do not have to be online to use Daylite, it resides on my MacBook and can sync with the cloud when I want to. I recently switched from "standalone" to "cloud" and converted on a Sunday. After having some questions, I received AMAZING technical help on a Sunday afternoon that made the transition VERY easy. This program works VERY well and is worth the investment. Having all my data in one program that integrates with other programs has been fantastic. With DMA, this allows me to record incoming emails into the contact that sends them. This has proven to be a valuable feature of Daylite. Lastly, their customer service is top notch. If you send a question, expect an answer or resolution very quickly. They earn five stars for this.
ConsI would like more features (plugins) available with the program that I do not have to purchase from a third party vendor. Other than that, this program is perfect.

By Marketcircle on March 8, 2018
Thank you Brian for your review! :) We're happy to hear that you find Daylite to be the best CRM program to run your business. May you continue to win more business, and get more done with Daylite!
March 6, 2018
Chris D.
Photographer/owner
Photography, Self-employed
September 12, 2017

“I look at Daylite as being my electronic office manager. Keeps me on track, and organized.”

OverallHelps keep my business activities, new biz, existing clients, projects' coordination, and link to billings on track, helping to reduce the stress of running my business.
ProsAs a sole proprietor, I needed a package that would keep me on track, and organized throughout all aspects of running my business. When used religiously, Daylite reduces the stress of being a business owner, allowing me to concentrate on being a creative professional. I am just beginning to use Daylite to organize my new business efforts, and am confident that it's keen organizational features will help grow my business. Now cloud based, I have access to my synchronized Daylite data across all platforms, IOS & Mac, from anywhere I have an internet connection.
ConsFairly steep learning curve that is worth the initial pain. The user MUST be dilligent in entering all pertinent data related to a project, prospect, lead, opportunity et.al. Enter the pertinent data immediately into Daylite and you will be rewarded with a secure, and concise database of information structured to keep the business owner on track. BUT, you must take the initial efforts to enter pertinent data. So, it is a con, but work thru that initial pain and it will be rewarded.

By Marketcircle on September 13, 2017
Thank you very much Chris for your review!
Capital Markets, 201-500 employees
February 24, 2018

“I wanted a Mac friendly CRM that resided on my desktop. Daylite fit the bill. ”

ProsThat fact that it integrates with Mail and other Apple products so smoothly. You don't have to compromise your daily computing environment by using Outlook or some other third-party product. I'm not crazy about it moving to a SaaS model but I understand the business reasons for it. And it's still an Apple/Macintosh product which will retain me as a user. I had one support issue and it was taken care of extremely quickly and efficiently. I wish all companies' support systems were as good.
ConsI find the search function can be slow at times and I may not always get the results I expect. I also wish you could easily move chronologically through the entries that are listed in the "All Activity" view of a project, opportunity. I open something to read it, then have to close it to go to the next entry. These reasons are why I only gave it 4 stars on ease of use.

By Marketcircle on February 26, 2018
Thank you for your review and we're super happy that you had a great experience from our Customer Service Team. I have sent over your feature requests to our Design and Development Team. Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate it! May you continue to win more business and get more done with Daylite. :)
February 24, 2018
Michael B. S.
President & CEO
December 7, 2017

“Five-stars all the way around. Best CRM for Mac. My most used software!”

ProsMy company assists nonprofit organizations, using a diverse group of expert independent contractors. Daylite is a key member of my team. In one piece of software, Daylite give me control over contacts, calendars, projects, sales leads and more. And, Daylite interconnects all of those in an intuitive manner on both OSX and IOS. Frankly, Daylite functions as my Executive Assistant. It reminds me of scheduled events and notifies me of upcoming task deadlines. The Daylite Customer Service team is responsive and has never failed to keep me up and running. Daylite's developer, Marketcircle is a client-focused company that adds innovative features. Simply amazing! Buy ... or at least try ... Daylite!
ConsHonestly, I can't think of any liabilities with Daylite. None / Zero / Zip. I am running Daylite Self-Serve on a Mac-Mini. Might be helpful to have a bit more processing power -- but everything stays synced with my iMac and MacBook Pro.

By Marketcircle on December 8, 2017
Thank you Michael for your wonderful review. We're super excited to hear that Daylite is your Executive Assistant in letting you get more done and win more business.
December 7, 2017
Christopher T.
Principal
May 12, 2018

“I have been a user of Daylite for 6 years.”

ProsSoftware is intuitively very easy to use. My four-Star rating is due to the higher end functions not being as intuitive. Support from the company is great. The folks at Marketcircile are very interested in listening to their users. They respond quickly during normal business hours to help. Daylite is also way more powerful then it initially appears. Various consultants across the world have built businesses setting up and customizing this product for its users willing to pay for the service. It takes very little to learn the basic, but I feel as if I've barely scratched the surface despite this being a very useful product to me.
ConsMarketcircle is not a gigantic company so sometimes the lack of instructions on certain aspects of the product is frustrating. However the company has definitely improved a ton on this by posting training videos on their website.

By Marketcircle on May 22, 2018
We are so happy to be a part of your business for the last 6 years! We want to give small businesses the most powerful and simple to use app possible and we take your feedback seriously.
May 12, 2018
Management Consulting, Self-employed
June 26, 2019

“Powerful Business Development for the Entrepreneur”

ProsThis is a great tool for our time - it feeds and tracks all information about the all important customer into one location, allowing consistent and relevant information to be channeled to and from the prospect and customer. I love this CRM! The team of developers and customer support professionals are quick to respond, bright and friendly, and take my concerns (a sole practitioner) seriously every time. The ios Daylite app is just as powerful and new features, such as an integrated mail function, are being developed all the time.
ConsI would want better integration with texting and calling from my iphone. Texting is now handled by a third party developer which doesn't meet the standards of function and ease of use set by Daylite developers.

By Marketcircle on July 5, 2019
Hi there, Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We're so happy you're finding value in having everything in one place! SMS functionality is definitely something we can look into when it comes to feature requests - we will pass this along to our development team for review!
June 26, 2019
Alan T.
January 22, 2018

“Daylite is the perfect Apple Mac/iOS CRM and Project manager.”

ProsDaylite integrates so closely with the Apple ecosystem. It has allowed us to consolidate on all Apple technology and know that everyone has the best product for integration. One of the best parts for us is that it allows us to not only save and store as much information on our clients and transactions as we need, but it allows us to find, access, and get reports on that information. Many other CRM's that we tried previously were real estate industry specific, but they did not actually allow us to get the information in the ways that we wanted.
ConsAs we are in the real estate industry, there are many real estate specific products that were easier in the beginning to use. They were set up the way the majority of real estate agents/brokers work. Daylite took some extra time and effort to setup in the beginning, but we are now feeling like the extra time was worth it as we are able to customize it more to our systems. Just be prepared to put in the extra time up front.

By Marketcircle on January 23, 2018
Thank you Alan for your review of Daylite. We're happy that you love the fact that Daylite integrates well with the Apple ecosystem. May you continue to get more done with Daylite.
January 22, 2018
Cathy B.
January 24, 2018

“Daylite contact management is a must for Apple/Mac users! Outlook is archaic in comparison.”

ProsSynchronization with Apple programs is awesome. Broad range of functionality; i.e. contact management, calendar, tasks, project management, sales/opportunity management, mail merge, scheduling with shared calendars, etc. etc. Ability to import events from Outlook. Contact management is 'Person' driven, not date/event driven like Outlook. I can view upcoming events with contacts, as well as history with each contact. Love the online version! Love Daylite iPhone app!
ConsThere is nothing I don't like about Daylite software. I highly recommend it. My only wish is that Outlook was an Apple vs. PC product, since the business world is entrenched in Outlook vs. Apple Mail. This would eliminate dragging events scheduled in Outlook to Daylite. It's a simple, easy step though and I'm grateful for this functionality.

By Marketcircle on January 25, 2018
Thank you Cathy for your review of Daylite. We're happy to hear that you love Daylite Cloud, and may you continue to win more business and get more done with Daylite Cathy!
January 24, 2018
Anna R.
Graphic Designer, Joomla! Consultant
January 19, 2018

“I depend on Daylite to manage my business and my private life, my whole life actually :-)”

OverallI depend on Daylite to manage and keep track of everything, business and private. It would be on the rare occasions when there have been sync problems but they were very rare and lasted only a very short time.
ProsThere are so many things I like it's impossible to think of them all but just the ability to keep everything that has to do with a certain project or client linked so I can easily look it up is one thing. When a client ask me for something to do with a specific project I did way back I can still quite easily look it up and give the client the information they are looking for. Also the Pipelines with their custom tasks in Projects and Opportunities are invaluable. And of course, having all this synced over all my devices. The customer support is excellent - the best I've experienced anywhere! In short, I don't know how I would manage without Daylite!

By Marketcircle on January 22, 2018
Thank you Anna for your awesome review! We're super excited and happy to hear that you depend on Daylite to manage your business and private life. :)
January 19, 2018
Gary H.
January 13, 2018

“Daylite is a great cloud based CRM that is better than anything out there!”

ProsLinking is a key feature and benefit with Daylite, you can link people to a company and to other people, tasks, projects and pipelines. These can be linked in the diary as well, coupled with all emails linked through means you have a fully linked client history, with all the relevant information in one place. In todays small to medium sized business that doesn't have the people resource to manage this level of functionality, Daylite does it all! AND, you can run it on multiple devices, iPhone, iPad and iMac, with auto-syncing means no back ups required. I couldn't be happier with Daylite Cloud.
ConsNothing really, customer service is very good and software is great. I guess the only small downside is sometimes not a quick response from support as they use Canada timezone. But its not a big issue.

By Marketcircle on January 15, 2018
Thank you for your review Gary, and we're super happy that you love Daylite Cloud. It is great to know Daylite Cloud is keeping you organized and in running your business more efficiently!
January 13, 2018
Carol S.
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
July 13, 2017

“Great application that works seamlessly on all of my devices.”

OverallMakes my life and work easy to organise and keep up-to-date.
ProsIt syncs beautifully across all devices. Enables me to have all of the information and interaction with my clients and projects all in one place. The interface with Apple Mail delivers the emails into my projects and that combined with files, notes, appointments, and tasks all being attached to my clients means I am always clear on what is happening with my projects.
ConsHard to find anything I like least as Daylite is my go-to software. Its a small thing but it would be nice if the calendar view could be changed so that I could see more of the day on the screen at the same time i.e. it is currently in half-hour increments which can't be changed and I often work in evenings and have to remember to scroll down to see appointments in the evening. Would be good if it was customizable to change the viewing to hour increments.

By Marketcircle on July 13, 2017
Thank you Carol for your review! I will send your feature request along our Development and Design team!
July 13, 2017
Dr. Jon R.
Director/psychologist
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
May 30, 2017

“I use Daylite to store all my emails and equally as important patient reports. ”

OverallSystematic integration of information technology. Can be used in a variety of circumstances from professional storage information to family documents.
ProsAllows me to store all my contact communications and relationships to me so that I can efficiently respond to any questions as well as send out notices. For example I have a patient category that I can send group communications regarding treatments and government subsidies as well as I can send group emails to other traders regarding our outcomes. The program does a lot to systematize the information provided over the Internet and as such is a very valuable if not essential hub of my business. I am particularly appreciative of the support that I get which includes staff logging on and showing me on my computer what I need to do.
ConsI have been using Daylite for several years now and have become accustomed to working with it. Difficulties have arisen typically in synchronizing the Daylite database with other programs such as Apple Mail.
May 30, 2017
Michael W.
President / CEO
Packaging and Containers, 1-10 employees

“Daylite For Mac”

ProsDaylite is a robust contact management program. It is great for a single user or larger organization with multiple users tracking multiple projects. Any questions or issues are addressed quickly by their customer support team. Not only do they follow up quickly, they follow up days later to insure the problem has been resolved.
ConsFinding a criticism is tough. I would think one would be that uncompleted tasks do not roll over to the next day automatically. Moving them is easy enough. As a single user I am sure I am not using the full functionality of the program so I would not be able to highlight any underlying annoyances.

By Marketcircle on November 23, 2018
Hi Michael, Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Since you feel you might not be getting the full value from Daylite we would love to learn more about how we can help integrate Daylite in your business. Are you interested in setting up a call to discuss your workflow? You can book a time here: https://marketcircle.as.me/aprile
Jochen C.
Senior Partner
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2019

“Solid CRM on the Mac”

Overallwe use Daylite to plan and execute our projects, capture time used per task/project. we also use it to plan customer acquisition and follow up in the deal pipeline.
ProsWhat we like most is the integration in the Apple standard software. The Apple adressbook, mail, calendar etc can be used as before, but the team gets full awareness of activities and updates. we also like the add-ons the German distributor added to enhance functionality even further.
Conssome of the features are just not yet as easy to use as in standard Apple way. that's were you can see that its not a super big company ...

By Marketcircle on January 15, 2019
Hi Jochen, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! It's awesome to hear you're getting so much out of Daylite's Apple integration and add-ons. We're proud Daylite helps you collaborate with your team! Our developers love hearing feedback and ideas from our customers, so we'd be happy to learn about any feature requests you may have for us. You're welcome to reach out any time at success@marketcircle.com and let us know!
January 9, 2019
Ian T.
Minerals Engineer
Management Consulting, Unspecified
January 10, 2018

“All my data, easily searchable, in one place”

ProsAbility to interrelate people, companies, locations, business types etc etc in an almost infinitely customisable way. Ability to maintain comprehensive records of activities, communications and relationships with contacts. Powerful search criteria and ability to create smart lists from them. Facilities to plan and follow up, linking multiple people, activities, companies, resources etc. Having all my data in one place. Intuitive, once you have understood all the available options.
ConsNot really a "con", but rather a recommendation. Have a clear idea of what you want Daylite to do for you, and structure the highly flexible options, keywords, relationships, locations etc. accordingly before you start. You can edit reasonably easily, but it's best to get it approximately right at the outset.

By Marketcircle on January 11, 2018
Thank you Ian for your review of Daylite. We're very happy that Daylite helps you organize and run your business efficiently.
January 10, 2018
CV R.
President, Senior Systems Engineer
December 15, 2017

“Daylite is a gem that no small business should be without”

OverallIt's the hub and backbone of how we do business everyday. It helps internal communication to be effective and efficient. Daylite being the hub on all information related to projects and opportunities, eliminates wrong information since everyone on the team is looking at the same up-to date information.
ProsAbility for a business to work together as a work-group and team. All key information in one place and ready to use on all your apple devices. Searching and finding your data is fast! Now with Daylite Cloud and integration with other could services, the functionality expands to new heights.
ConsContact information from email signatures must be entered manually into a Daylite contact. This should be automated. Having the ability to have 'outline' format in Notes would be great! Phone app sometimes continues to remind you of appointments that have been cancelled or deleted.

By Marketcircle on December 19, 2017
Thank you CV for your review of Daylite! It's great to hear that Daylite is the backbone of your business, and keeps your team up-to-date.
Ronald C.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 12, 2017

“Oh, what a relief it is.... to finally make the jump to Daylite online!”

OverallCan't run our National non-profit without it.
ProsThe integration of email, and tons of fields plus 13 extras, gives me plenty of flexibility to sort/select and find the record I'm looking for. Fr'instance, say, it's somebody I met at a Rotary Club in some state, but forgot the name, I simply do a search on any word or phrase (not necessarily a keyword) and Daylite finds the likely matches, whether in an email, or a note, or whatever. The associations of who is connected to who (whom?) and how, helps to connected the dots even more.
ConsWhile there are plenty of report formats, and capability to modify somewhat, this could be improved. The Access database (at least from what I recall years ago) had a neat way to select/order reports & forms, such as listing, say, customers by city, within county, within state, within region, etc.

By Marketcircle on September 13, 2017
Thank you Ronald for your review. We're happy that Daylite helps you connect the dots for your non-profit!
Lori S.
Director of Marketing and Business Development
Human Resources, 1-10 employees
June 8, 2017

“Great all-in-one CRM, Lead Management and Workflow tool for our business!”

OverallOur company has been using Daylite for 5+ years. MarketCircle is great at listening to customers and making updates and changes that are helpful to us. We are an executive recruiting firm and use this software to track clients, candidates, and each position we are asked to fill.
ProsDaylite helps us to keep all information about a contact in one place. We can have contact information, notes from every conversation, every email communication, every document we have sent, and every opportunity, project or task associated with the client. Daylite has a great deal of flexibility in the ways you can remind yourself about upcoming activities. It helps us keep commitments to prospects and clients.
ConsWe cannot find a way to scan and load contacts into Daylite. We also wish it interacted with Evernote. We also wish that we could create custom reports more easily. Right now, Daylite recommends that we use a partner to create reports.

By Marketcircle on June 8, 2017
Thank you Lori for your review!
June 8, 2017
Eric L.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
April 13, 2017

“Get Product For The Apple Centric Environment”

OverallDaylite manages customers, accounts opportunities with ease. Tightly coupled integration with Apple Mail and calendaring functions make it a seamless product that delivers results. It has depth and many time saving features as result of this tightly coupled nature of the Apple only ecosystem. It is this point where the challenge to Daylite exists, not the product but having the customer convert from a non-Apple platform to a Apple based computing infrastructure. The barriers of cost outside of Daylite are not insignificant, but the good news is that this cost barrier is becoming less over time and most users would be happy to move to an Apple based product.
ProsGreat Opportunity management. Ability to tag specific emails through the Mail Assistant to people, companies and opportunities is one of the greatest strengths Easy to create sales processes Find anything instantly with database wide searching. Easy to integrate with supported 3rd party applications such as bulk mailers
ConsSingle platform support - Apple Only. (Including no Web Portal Interface)
April 13, 2017
Sara D.
Broker Associate
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 3, 2019

“All the Features I want and More”

OverallMaintaining focus on every relationship and opportunity will take my business to a higher level.
ProsThe deeper I get into the Daylite app, the greater is my appreciation for the thought behind the functionality. I can easily filter my contacts in a way that allows me greater efficiency in my work. Details of contacts are displayed prominently for quick reference, without having to leave the list view. Integration with Apple Mail is absolutely brilliant. Apple Mail was not my primary mail app, but it is now. Creating a task, appointment or new contact from the Mail app saves time, but most importantly, the actual contacts don't slip through the cracks. I know with certainty I will make more money by using Daylite because I will build my relationships more thoroughly.
ConsThe interface isn't the most modern looking. I wish the font were larger, but I'm getting used to it. After finding out what Daylite does for me, it's worth it.

By Marketcircle on April 22, 2019
Hi Sara, Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback! We know the value of having everything in one place and easily being able to find information so we're glad you are getting so much out of this! Emails are so important and helping our customers manage them is something we're really proud of. We are definitely looking to update Daylite with improvements often so you are always welcome to let us know any feature requests you have for our developers to review. We love hearing feedback and ideas from our customers!
April 3, 2019
Vladimir S.
Consultant, Software Developer
Computer Software, Self-employed
February 22, 2019

“Daylite is simply an amazing tool, even for unintended uses”

OverallI am using Daylite to manage software development projects with tasks and communications which are mostly not sales related. The flexibility and ease of configuration make it an ideal tool, even for this unintended use. I went from an inbox with 250+ red flagged e-mail notifications for various project issues, diagnostic reports and inquiries, to zero in less than half a day. Now the mess of flagged e-mails is categorized, assigned to project and tasks with priorities and keywords. The best part is that it only takes a few seconds to do the same for any new e-mail which allows me to keep my inbox clear without interrupting what I am doing or loosing track of important communications in a sea of less relevant information.
ProsDaylite is a superb application which should be used as an example to developers on how to create a complex applications which are user friendly and easy to use without being dumbed down for power users. Excellent integration with Apple mail makes processing incoming e-mails into Daylite take only a few seconds.
ConsDue to its incredibly full feature set it creates an impression that it is complex to configure for specific use which is not at all the case.

By Marketcircle on March 13, 2019
Hi Vladimir, Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us what you think! We're very happy you're finding so much value in Daylite. We know your inbox can be a source of stress and it's easy to lose track - it's great that Daylite Mail Assistant is helping! Like most CRMs, we know there is a learning curve with Daylite, but we have plenty of resources like webinars, one on one calls, Daylite Experts, and our Learn Daylite articles to get you on the right path! https://www.marketcircle.com/learn https://www.marketcircle.com/webinars https://www.marketcircle.com/find-an-expert
Werner B.
December 15, 2017

“The most flexible CRM we found for our business! ”

ProsThe rational model behind the software gives us the flexibility we need to support our customers and report our doing. To link nearly everything to everything is amazing and to handle different sales pipelines is perfect for our recruiting business where we help different customers to find their sales partners national and international. The Offline version works great and the synchronization (we host by our own) is a perfect idea to work internationally.
ConsThey are looking very carefully on integrating new features so the speed of modification is not that fare as we should expect it, but most of the time it is stable what you get... The iPad version (especially for iPad Pro) should be more function rich oriented on the desktop version (thats not the fact so fare).

By Marketcircle on December 19, 2017
Thank you Werner for your review. We're happy that Daylite gives your business the flexibility that you need.
Khai F.
Creative Director
Design, 11-50 employees
July 29, 2019

“Powerful, intuitive CRM”

OverallAll-in-all we love Daylite, but we wish we could extend its functionality to more areas of our business.
ProsDaylite leverages the power of the Mac OS to allow you to manage your data using Smart Lists and incredible searchability. It integrates with Mail to automatically import communications. It is easy and intuitive to use and works offline with sync for increased speed.
ConsDaylite has limited functionality when it comes to quoting and invoicing as well as limited integrations.

By Marketcircle on August 19, 2019
Hi Khai, Thank you for this feedback! We love hearing that Daylite is intuitive and making a difference in your business! We'd love to know more about what other kinds of integrations you're looking for or what would help you accomplish more with Daylite for the rest of your business! You're always welcome to reach out to us at info@marketcircle.com with any feature requests or ideas - and we can even suggest other options and workflows that may already be available!
July 29, 2019
alan d.
VP, Client Services & Regulatory Affairs
April 12, 2018

“BEST CRM SOFTWARE (oh, and also the BEST VALUE SOFTWARE for Money!)”

ProsIt does all Salesforce done 'and more' for less than 1/2 cost. Daylite is a best CRM product for less cost! The product is continuing to evolve and soon will release an integrated iOS feature that moves yet another element of a GREAT product to be SUPER FANTASTIC! Daylite's osX is unparalleled and it is integrated well with iOS. An upcoming enhancement to iOS will position Daylite to 'disrupt the CRM market'
ConsI can not think of a single flaw. The product is feature rich and Daylite has countless Video tutorials on how to be leverage their product providing ideas that can support your unique needs.

By Marketcircle on April 13, 2018
Thank you Alan for your support of Daylite! We are honoured that you love Daylite as much as we do at Marketcircle! We're super happy to hear that Daylite is your number CRM choice. May you continue to win more business and get more done! :)
April 12, 2018
Lucie L.
Trainer/Teacher
March 16, 2018

“Daylite for Mac has allowed me to keep track of all the aspects of my courses and students.”

ProsThe flexibility fo use, the fact that all the information I need can be linked and found from different angles within the application. I love being able to customize the forms and the reports amongst other things. I love that I can create tasks from other applications. The customer support is very, very good. There are tons of trainings videos, articles and now also a manual, the combination of all these suits me perfectly. I also love that all is not strictly Cloud based, I often find myself in areas where I do not have access to internet and enjoy having all my information on my laptop.
ConsI can not dictate tasks through Siri ( and I tend to have my greatest ideas while driving or picking up horse manure). The application can do way more than I can so it is taking me some time to uncover many of Daylite's jewels.

By Marketcircle on March 19, 2018
Thank you Lucie for your review! We're happy to hear that you love Daylite's customizable form and reports. May you continue to win more business and get more done.
October 16, 2017

“The best CRM I've ever used”

Pros1. It does everything I want it to, including keeping track of contacts, calendars, tasks, projects pipelines, emails, notes, etc. 2. It integrates perfectly with David Good's Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology. In the past I've had to use two or three apps to do this. Daylite does it all in one place and does it very well. 3. It's reliable. I rarely have a glitch and - when I do - it's minor and tech support already has a fix. 4. It automatically creates backups of the data. I don't have to worry about that.
ConsThe biggest drawback is that it isn't easy to create templates for documents, labels and reports. To create a new label or report template, I need to go to my Daylite consultant, which costs me money. To create a new Word document template is clunky and requires experimentation.
October 16, 2017
robin S.
Partner
1-10 employees
March 15, 2017

“Very Robust System for Small Business---But you Have to Put the Work In”

ProsDaylite has a lot of functionality and wonderful integration. (Our calendar and email integrates with Daylite). We use this software for our customer database. To get the most out of the product, you need to take the tutorials so you can learn how to "tag" customers and create mini databases. For example, if you have a buyer that has bought certain items from you company, you will want to tag that buyer with the name of the item so you can pull up reports. The more you use the tags and connections, the better your reports will be. We find these very useful, but if someone in the office forgets to tag a customer properly, the data is pretty much useless.
ConsIt is not "plug and play". You need to put the work in to understand the functionality.l If you have a "lazy" employee, you might not get the full use of the software
March 15, 2017
Sara S.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
December 21, 2016

“My workflow nirvana”

OverallI've used Daylite for many years (long enough to remember how excited I was when Daylite Touch came out) and although the set-up took some brainstorming/planning because there is a myriad of possibilities for workflow management, it was well worth the investment. This product is versatile, robust and accommodating. I use it primarily for GTD and project planning for my accounting practice. It is my one-stop shop for organizing my time, tasks and deliverables. The customer service over the years has been improving with its response-times and helpfulness. It was great when I first started using Daylite and has exponentially improved since then. I cannot imagine my practice without Daylite.
ProsFlexibility, endless set-up possibilities, offline access, task management abilities (keywording is awesome)
Consnot being able to have activity tasks auto-start at a certain date without setting up a task as a reminder
Recommendations to other buyersIt is definitely a more steep than average learning curve but well worth it in the end to spend the time.
December 21, 2016
David P.
Content Director
February 28, 2018

“Outstanding intuitive product for business and personal use”

ProsI love the way contacts, projects, tasks, meetings, etc. are all independent objects that can be linked an infinite number of ways. I have used ACT! and many other CRMs. Daylite stands out to me as the clear winner. It helps me keep my personal and business projects, contacts, appointments and reference information organized. I use Mac and the integration with Mail is also extremely useful. Also I love the way Daylite Cloud syncs across all my devices, Mac OS and iOS seamlessly.
ConsI had challenges with the Daylite Server version in the past so if you go with Daylite, stick with their cloud version.

By Marketcircle on March 1, 2018
Thank you David for your awesome review of Daylite! We're happy to hear that you're loving Daylite Cloud, and it syncs across all your Mac devices. May you continue to win more business and get more done with Daylite.
February 28, 2018
Darryl A.
Managing Director
Media Production, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2017

“Daylight users since 2008 for shared calendar, CRM, tracking of sales opportunities & projects.”

ProsA very good set of sales and workflow management features and a solid build. We love how it integrates our calendars (for people and resources), sales funnel (including quoting), project communications, and CRM. Mail integration allows all emails to be linked to the relevant contact, company, project or opportunity in the main database, so that all team member can see project communications. we are starting to use Zaps to feed directly into the database from other applications.
ConsTemplate engine is not intuitive. Could do with greater automation in contact information capture, and the ability to link multiple email messages in Mail to the same person/project/company by selecting multiple messages in Mail (currently only possible to do this one message at a time).

By Marketcircle on September 13, 2017
Thank you Darryl for your review!
September 11, 2017
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
April 9, 2019

“We have used Daylite for 10 years”

ProsYou can link emails directly from Mac Mail, simple-easy-and always there. The switch to Daylite cloud was seamless and zero problems thus far. 10 years+ and still appreciate the features and ease of use.
ConsI wish changing appt's on the calendar had an option to confirm. Also the ability to create form letters from a project with multiple contacts but utilizing one address would be a huge time saver.

By Marketcircle on April 11, 2019
Hi there, It's awesome to hear you had a seamless move to Daylite Cloud! We know how important emails are so knowing you get value out of Daylite Mail Assistant makes us very happy! We love hearing feedback from our customers - if you have feature requests, you can always reach out to us at info@marketcircle.com and let us know - it'd be great to hear more about your appointment and letters idea. Our developers review all requests :)
April 9, 2019
Richard W.
manager
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
March 6, 2019

“Review”

OverallVery positive.
ProsUsing Daylite allows you to see Daylight (I'm Australian) as you are able to open less time infant of your computer and more time outside of the office due to increased productivity and efficiency.
ConsProduct suggestions and enhancements are not acted on as soon as would be ideal. Now that you are not developing two parallel products; one self-serve and one cloud I am hopeful this will change.

By Marketcircle on March 20, 2019
Hi Richard, Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback! We're so glad Daylite is making your more efficient and helps you get more done so you can enjoy that daylight :) We're continuously trying to improve Daylite and are always happy to hear any about any feature requests you may have! You're always welcome to reach out to us with ideas or to check in on any request you've had in the past at info@marketcircle.com!
March 6, 2019
Steve A.
Principal
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
November 15, 2018

“Outstanding customer support and ability to customize”

ProsIn the Mac world this program has no equal in terms of the flexibility and the power of built in features and the ability to add on modules that your business needs. When you have questions or problems their system for customer support is better than ANY I have ever dealt with inside and out of the software world.
ConsThere is a steep learning curve to get to the full functionality of the product but that does not prevent you from utilizing what you need to begin with and they have great training videos.

By Marketcircle on November 22, 2018
Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to submit this positive review of Daylite. We appreciate your loyalty as a long time Daylite customer. We understand that the learning curve can be somewhat steep. We are working on improving this for our customers and are hoping to get something out in the near future to help.
February 13, 2018

“Daylite helps me run my business from anywhere, on my phone, mac and iPad.”

OverallControl of my business.
ProsI love that I don't have to do "old yeller reports" for my team. I can simply see where they're all at, and keep a track on the numbers that mean the most. dials, meetings, proposals, and won deals. All the attachments, client history, calls, and information is kept for me, so I can transition staff easily or update myself on activity.
ConsI do wish that it had email open tracking, templates for emails, and suggested activity sets. As someone who may not be the most sales-inclined, I'd love a little more industry-leading guidance on what the best activities sets for networking, following up after a meeting, and such are.

By Marketcircle on February 14, 2018
Thank you very much for your review and it's great to hear that you use Daylite to help you see where your team is at, and help you win more business! :)
February 13, 2018