Psych Advantage Ratings

Overall
3.1/5

About Psych Advantage

Our Psych Advantage EHR and Practice Management software is designed to automate the day-to-day tasks of running your practice so you can focus on patient care. Designed specifically for behavioral health, Advantage uses artificial intelligence to improve clinical and financial results. Designed to maximize time while seeing patients, Advantage includes everything you need to optimize workflow including EHR, PM, patient engagement, and RCM. Learn more about Psych Advantage

Carrie A.
Owner/Therapist
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
January 4, 2018

“Consistently Great Experience with Compulink”

OverallTotal practice management with reliability and ease of use
ProsThe functionality, flexibility, and extensive nature of the software is impressive to say the least. It is an affordable option that makes practice management and billing simple. There is a bit of a learning curve, but every person from sales to customer service has gone out of their way to help in all areas needed and to consistently respond to support requests. Training new people on the software has gone well. It is a powerful program that Compulink is consistently working to improve, listening to user feedback. I am relieved we went with Compulink, as we recently had Tsome rather extensive growth. the program has handled our growth without a hiccup and allowed things to continue running smooth. Perfect? No. Worth it? Definitely. Overall, they are highly recommended. There is not one area where Compulink promised and did not deliver. Their staff is professional, the tech support is knowledgeable, and everyone works hard to ensure our success. So thankful for Compulink!
ConsLearning curve is moderate to heavy depending on experience, but comparable to the powerful nature of the software. Having some minor issues with insurance information no importing from the web registration.
January 4, 2018
Shelbie M.
Therapist
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
June 10, 2017

“Overall good product for a large agency, but not very easy to use and expensive for solo practice.”

OverallIt was a good product for large agency and supervisor work. It was also good for highly detailed treatment plans and progress notes.
ProsI liked the ability to be very detailed in treatment planning and progress notes if I needed. I also liked the 'load previous note' so that I only had to update changes from session to session and could write progress notes fairly quickly. Psych Advantage was also easy to use as a supervisor, as I could view interns notes for feedback.
ConsIts complicated to use, as many of our therapists needed hours of training. We had many part time therapists and it seemed cumbersome for them to remember all the steps when they weren't using it every day. I also didn't like that there are so many individual tabs/pages for each client note. Going to private solo practice I decided to use another product, as psych advantage is more cumbersome and expensive than other EHR.
June 10, 2017
Erica M.
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
October 15, 2019

“Very out dated”

OverallI love their customer service. The rest is very complicated and out dated.
ProsI loved the customer support. We have used the system for about 8 years and the customer support is great! They get back to you quickly and always willing to help.
ConsIt is very complicated and seems outdated. You have to build tables in the calendar and add times. Also the updates usually go very bad. One time all of our calendars went missing and we lost all our appointments.
October 15, 2019
Nicole B.
Nutritional Therapy Consultant (NTC)
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
November 14, 2018

“A work in progress”

ProsThe flexibility and the functionality of the software is excellent. The customer support in particular has been extremely helpful and the electronic billing capabilities are very strong and for the most part, user friendly.
ConsIt took me a while to get used to the software. It takes time to play with. Customer service has been useful in this regard as well.
November 14, 2018
Melissa S.
August 24, 2015

“Psych Advantage is the EHR system for Mental Health Professionals!”

OverallWe have been using Psych Advantage by Compulink since April. We are thrilled with what it has done for the flow of business operations and chart compliance. It took quite a bit of admin (myself the Executive Director and our CBO) time to set up and customize and we continue to make modification to meet our clinical and research needs. I would say, if your practice has 4 or more clinicians, this product should definitely be on your list to try out. It is expensive but worth every $ we have spent so far. Our staff say that after minimal training (less than 3 hrs each) they can work the system without much issue. They also say that it has decreased their paperwork time significantly. Would be happy to share more information with anyone interested.
August 24, 2015
Terry H.
Psychologist
August 17, 2015

“Awesome software with every feature a psychologist would ever need, fully integrated!”

OverallI love this software. It integrates features I previously had to have separate programs for. The billing component is comprehensive, the EDI feature speeds claims, electronic health records section that has all sorts of highly useful features (like client education resources, assessment tools for clients, even help deciding CPT and diagnosis codes), and the practice management has more reports that you'd ever need! Plus screens are customizable. Drawbacks include the heavy initial time to implement and learn the program (setting up many database tables so that future use will be easy. Free training and support are very helpful and pleasant.
August 17, 2015
Erin W.
MA, LPCC
January 22, 2016

“Have used this in practice for 4 years”

OverallThis program is a nightmare. It is not user friendly, the interface is archaic, it has weird bugs, it is NOT intuitive at all. All the clinicians I work with hate this program but my boss isn't savvy enough to look into new options. We have had a complete meltdown this week of the program, which is why I am on this site desperately hunting for new software I can try to talk my boss into. We had the program freeze up this week and probably spent 16 hours on the phone w their tech support trying to fix it. After multiple attempts, the tech guy told our secretary he's have to quit trying because he couldn't figure out what the problem was- and that he'd have to take it to the team to work on before he could fix it. So I left work yesterday having not completed a single therapy note. Grrrrr....
January 22, 2016