Elexio Database Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
4.1/5
4.6/5

About Elexio Database

ELEXIO provides the only fully-integrated church management solutions that simplify assimilation, discipleship, event management, contribution management, and more. Our ChMS is Mac, PC, and mobile compatible so you can access your data from any device, anywhere, at any time. Learn more about Elexio Database

Mary S.
Senior Pastor
December 16, 2016

“Happy Elexio User!”

OverallI love Elexio! We were using Shelby, which is not user-friendly and not cloud-based (we could not afford Arena). Only 1 person in our office could access reports. Now, from my laptop at home, I can easily send a text or email to anyone or any conceivable grouping of people in our congregation. I can check to see who has read their email, and my admin can send emails from my email address so replies come to me. Members can email all members of their small groups from the web portal (Group leaders can easily send a group text). The phone app makes it easy for lay members to check the directory and events and check in their attendance. We have not had significant issues with children's check-in. It is possible to do this online or offline, and customer service is available on Sunday mornings. The access I have to information seems priceless - it is at least worth one employee's salary. As a Senior pastor, I can quickly tell who hasn't attended in any number of weeks, who is in what small group, how frequently people are attending, who lives in what neighborhood, what repeat visitors are currently attending, where we stand on contributions - almost anything I need to know. And I can do it at 10 p.m. from my kitchen table if I need to. I can look up a member in the directory on the app and immediately get directions to their house. Other databases have similar functions; however, we were paying much more for Shelby (+ a calendar program, which we dropped when we switched to Elexio), and I couldn't do any of this. For the price, the ability for any staff or lay member (who is given special access) to have this kind of functionality at their fingertips is well worth it. Of course, it's not perfect. It helps to have an analytical mind to think about how to filter information to get what you want. Elexio staff are available to help with that and will look at what you've attempted and tell you how to tweak it. I mainly deal with customer service over email, so will wait hours or a day for a response. Calling is an option, also. The one improvement I would like to see is the ability to export the calendar feature to our website to use in a monthly format. The way events are listed on the portal is not very helpful. The better calendar feature is available if you buy their website. I do recommend paying for the implementation training if you are moving a significant amount of info from another database.
ProsFunctionality Cloud-based (can use on PC or Mac) User-friendly Makes online giving easy (through web portal or app), including text-to-give Smooth transition from Shelby Easy to give database access (and define limitations very specifically) to staff and lay members Extremely customizable to meet your church's needs (if you pay for implementation training, they will work closely with you to use your church's language, as well)
ConsEvents calendar function through web portal is limited - comes in list form, so it's not easy to jump ahead a few months to see when a certain event will be held; there isn't a search function to look for events by name. Functionality is best if you purchase their website product.
Recommendations to other buyersWe are very pleased and wish we had made this change sooner!

By Elexio on January 24, 2017
Great to hear from you, Mary! We are honored to be able to serve you with solutions that help ease your daily management! We're glad you made the change! I'm thrilled you're liking the ease at which you can communicate with staff and groups. I also want to share how much I appreciate you sharing your wishes for future development features as we progress! We're always looking to find the items that will really impact your ability to focus on your ministry. Also really appreciate the time you took to detail your experience in your review. Again, we're so pleased to be able to serve you. If you'd like to share anything additionally, feel free to shoot over comments to feedback@elexio.com.
December 16, 2016
Emily B.
Operations Manager

“Exceptional Support”

OverallAs a borderline millennial (born in 1983) I am fairly proficient at picking up new things, and being able to figure out the intent of the software designer, and I grew up using actual computers instead of "touch screen smart devices." So for me picking up Elexio Essentials web based Community and Giving has been fairly straightforward. And when I stumble across something I can't figure out for myself there is great Support from Elexio to help me through it. However, there are still some features that could use some serious refinement. There do not seem to be very many report options. It was surprising that the Giving portal was not more thoroughly integrated to the Community page. But generally I like the look and feel of using Elexio Essentials. It has a modern feel and is attractive to the general web and app user.
ProsFor someone who is fairly natural and picking up new tech skills, this software is user friendly.
ConsI wish it was more fully integrated between Community and Giving. Users having two separate logins is too much in this day and age when we sign in to so many websites. I would like to see more reporting options in Community/ or more training on using workflows and searches to provide us the updates we want on involvement. I would like the check in feature to take less clicks to check in children to their classrooms. And I would like to be able to assign specific ministry leaders to be able to approve events in specific meeting spaces, instead of just based on tech needs or childcare, etc.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't hesitate to call Elexio support, or submit a ticket. They are responsive and will work to help you find a solution.

By Elexio on March 1, 2017
Thanks for your comments, Emily. We will definitely pass your comments on to the team as we shape the future of the products. We are dedicated to ensuring a fantastic customer and product experience. If you would like to share any additional feedback, feel free to shoot your comments over to feedback@elexio.com.
Gwen P.
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
June 19, 2017

“The technical support that you all give when I call for help is always very helpful.”

ProsThe ability to send communications using mailing lists or any other list and the receiver does not see the long list of names that also received the communication.
ConsAfter 4 years the reports are still like pulling teeth. I have a few basic reports that I use, but if I have to run a report that does not fit the reports that I use most. It takes too long to set it up. Plus all of the reports that others have run whether they work or not clutter up the log of reports. I wish that there was a way that everyone would have their own log of reports without having to go through all reports ever made by everyone else. I know that you can make a report private, but when you are needing a different report it is hard to fine the original basic report to manipulate.

By Elexio on June 20, 2017
Hi Gwen! Thank you for the kind words about our team. We have a fantastic new platform that may be a great fit for you in terms of reporting. We'd love to set up some time with you to share it. Please contact the team at (888) 997-9947 Ext. 1. Thanks again!
June 19, 2017
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees
July 26, 2018

“Used Elexio for years”

OverallGood reporting. Good at keeping track of giving, notes, demographics. Not something our congregation really liked but on the office end, it got the job done.
ProsElexio was a good church database in terms of the church side. When we used it, the congregation did not like the online user interface so many did not sign up or even bother to log in to look at it after our initial roll out. That being said, Elexio has some of the BEST backend reporting. It is so easy to customize and make a report got literally anything I could think of. The customer service was ok, they did always answer and respond to my calls. I did use an older version that was on a network, so we had problems with crashing butI believe they are all online now.
ConsThe crashing which was a problem a year ago but I do think they switched over to an online platform. The check-in was outdated. You could customize the look, but it still looked very old.
July 26, 2018
Mandy V.
Administration Pastor

“Elexio Review”

OverallMy experience with Elexio has been neutral. I've had some really good experiences with using the database and with customer service, and I've had not so good experiences. Overall, the database was a step up from what were were using. There are a lot of different parts to the software that one doesn't learn overnight. I'm still learning all the time new things, and I've been using Elexio for about five years. It can easily become a full time job making sure the database is up-to-date and using it to the capacity it is meant to be used.
ProsI like to be able to put people in ministries and communicate in masses through those ministries. Elexio can take the place of your work email with all the information right there.
ConsIt's pretty complex. I feel like even after five years, I'm just hitting the service of what it can really do.
Recommendations to other buyersYou will need a capable person on your team to own this software. This software is great for small/medium size churches (in my opinion).
Mark W.
Creative Arts Pastor
February 22, 2017

“An Excellent Church Database for All Your Basic Needs”

OverallElexio Essentials Database is an excellent choice for church management software for the small to medium size church with basic needs. It's easy to use yet powerful. Highlights include: automated workflows, mass communication, group management, attendance, reporting, seamless integration with your website, and optimized viewing on mobile devices. Another plus is that it is non-contractual meaning you're not locked into a year or even 3-year contract. This keeps the good folks at Elexio working hard to earn your continued use month and month. Since "Essentials" is less than a year old, it lacks some of the more robust features included in Elexio's "Deluxe" Database (which has been around for many years); however, more features are constantly being added by the developers. And being a client of Elexio's other fine products such as website hosting and financial management adds to the value and integration. Customer service is always on hand with prompt replies. It's also a great value economically, particularly for churches whose attendance runs under 250 people. Recommended!
ProsBasic church management needs met. Seamless integration with website and financial software. Optimized viewing on mobile devices. Cloud based access from any device with internet access.
ConsCannot create unique icon for shortcut on devices. Can only see one month at a time in calendar. Cannot choose levels of privacy in directory.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's a great value for small to medium sized churches especially with 250 people or less. It's worth looking into, especially knowing that features are always being added and concerns are actively being worked on including all the aforementioned in my "Cons:" comments.
Shelley M.
May 29, 2018

“Really happy with the NEW Elexio web-based product. Much more user-friendly! ”

OverallWe are Mac users and in past years it has been a bit difficult to find database software that is compatible. We are loving the new Elexio web-based option! Very user-friendly, intuitive, easy to manage data. A bit of a learning curve coming from PC-based old Elexio (for which we used Microsoft Remote Desktop). But definitely worth it! Elexio is also aggressively working to make improvements!
ProsComing from the old Elexio, the new version is very intuitive and user-friendly! Screens are better layout and easier to view. Simpler report design/management.
ConsTrying to re-think everything being tracked in "groups" within new Elexio, requires new disicpline and practices to ensure everyone is in correct groupings. Learning curve.
Weston O.
Director of Student Ministries
February 28, 2017

“Intuitive Interface with hot and cold features and support”

OverallThe easy of doing the basics of looking people up from anywhere (phone/computer/tablet) is quick and most of the functions are intuitive and helpful, but most software in this category does that. The elements that should make or break things are a mixed bag. The mobil app is excellent, with integration to maps and phone so you don't have to jump apps, meaning you can look up someone, click their address and pull up directions, or click their number to call and it connects to your phone app to begin the call, without copy or pasting addresses or phone numbers. However some of their defining features don't work near as well as advertised. The main reason we went with Elexio was there "workflows" which allow you to automate a lot of processes, but unless you have very specific needs that the workflows fit, it may not function as needed. We have worked with customer service a lot, I mean A LOT. To their credit, their customer service is quick, friendly, and responsive. However, it didn't take many phone calls to figure out that not all customer service people are the same. I felt like I was training them a number of times (again, due to the intuitiveness of their software, I had figured quite a bit out) just to get to the problem I was having, only to have them say "oh, yeah, it can't do that, I'll put in a feature request for you." We have put in a number of "feature requests" in the first couple months. Some are for some pretty specific needs on how we do things, but many are things that seem pretty basic. I will say they do seem to update regularly and have worked well with us. If you're looking for an intuitive software with easily accessible customer support, then this is a decent product that I would recommend, and we will be staying with it. If you're looking at moving from a similar product for some of their bells and whistles, I would wait a bit until they've worked out some of the kinks. Also, I wouldn't recommend their "coaching/training" package. Again, they have created such an intuitive interface that, unless your staff need a lot of handholding or aren't moderately tech competent, it's probably redundant. Again, nice enough people doing the training, but only about 15-20% of the content of the training was helpful, as we had figured out the other 80% on our own, and it was woefully slow in presentation, definitely not worth the expense.
ProsSee my review
ConsSee my review
Recommendations to other buyersHave your coach/trainers adjust to their audience better.

By Elexio on March 1, 2017
Thank you for the feedback, Weston. We'd love to hear any additional comments on how we can better approach the training for onboarding folks at different levels of the learning process. I did want to let you know we really utilize these feature requests in our roadmap, so do keep sharing them as we continue to develop the strengthen the platform. Feel free to share any of this at feedback@elexio.com. Thanks again!
Troy T.
Children & Family Minister
September 29, 2016

“Not the best for Children's Ministry”

OverallSo far, I am not fond of Elexio. Here is why: 1. poor contrast makes it hard to see and you can't enlarge the size of text. Very bad for those who need help seeing like myself. 2. I asked tech support about the above issue about 9 months ago. have not heard back and nothing done. 3. no mac support. 4. Our system constantly has errors and break downs. I have lost the trust of my parents as a result. people don't like using a system that does not work. This is a MAJOR problem I have with elexio. 5. I don't like the records being kept off site. that requires trust in an internet connection, which as been the cause of some of our reliability issues. I can back up our system here. no need for elexio's help with that 6. The system is not user intuitive so getting things done is hard and requires watching lots of tech videos - if you can find the right one. Things that are added to files seem are put in the wrong field because fields are so poorly marked with confusing computer tech language. elexio needs to learn from Mac. Make it easy enough you don't need ton of training to use it. 7. A positive: Elexio does do a lot. Everything from financial giving, to room management to check in. Can't knock the functionality. They have thought of everything. 8. The stickers do not stay on the child and the name tags you can get are limited by the printer type you can use with elexio. You can't print in color and the look of the print out tags by 'KidCheck' are more pleasing to the eye than by elexio. my people miss essential info on the name tags cause they are hard to see and just not pleasing to the eye. My conclusion is that I want to give elexio a fair shake, but I have lost credibility with families. A security system that relies on a computer system needs that computer system to work 100% of the time. Elexio does not. We are a church. I need the system work on the computers I have, not the computers and printers I have to buy special just so they will work with elexio. I have spent a year working with our computer department at our church to resolve these isses, but in the past month we have had 5 service times where there were errors throughout the service that rendered most if not all of the people to not be able to check in correctly. If I cant' resolve this in the next month I will be recommending we switch to new software and use something different for each area (facility, giving, check in).
ProsElexio does a lot, from giving, to room management, to communication and check in and more.
ConsSee previous email. Quite a few
Recommendations to other buyersYou have 3 major issues you must solve soon in order for me to encourage our church to stay with elexio: 1. it needs to start being easier to see on any platform computer. Better contrast, larger print. 2. It has to be 100% reliable. Right now, the biggest gap in our safety system is elexio becasue its too hard to use, too unreliable, and too confusing. That reliability part has to be 100% reliable. no breakdowns on sunday morning, no check in problems. it MUST be able to endure system lags. 3. MORE USER INTUITIVE. The system doesn't work naturally, but unnaturally so you have to do a lot of learning just to figure out how to use it. This system needs to be used by people who are not computer people and who are volunteer. It needs to function in a logical way so that errors and frustration are reduced. Get this - SIMPLE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT A SYSTEM THAT CAN DO EVERYTHING. Its true that the leadership may choose to stay with elexio regardless of my input. That is OK, I'm just saying that it would serve the Kingdom a lot better if the above issues were resolved ASAP. Preferably by this sunday :) (chuckle)

By Elexio on January 24, 2017
Thanks for sharing here, Troy. We are dedicated to helping you find the best solution for your needs. We have actually launched a brand new church management platform (Community ChMS) that has a keen focus on ease-of-use. Still has all the things you loved before: Check in (now with proximity app), room reservation, and contribution data, but now in a way that you can hit the ground running. Feel free to reach out to a team member by calling (888) 997-9947 Ext. 1 to get a demo and take a look. It is definitely ready for you to use this Sunday! :) In all seriousness, thanks for sharing here and we look forward to being able to serve you with the next generation of ELEXIO solutions.
September 29, 2016
Melissa G.
March 1, 2017

“Give Elexio Database a try!”

OverallI am the administrative assistant at a church where they use the Elexio database. I had no previous training with the database when I began my position. I was able to teach myself how to use Elexio and learn basic reporting features. The customer service is wonderful. They are committed to helping you solve problems and work smarter. In the beginning, I had a lot of questions and have learned some great tips.
ProsThere is great training available through podcasts, videos, and articles. The software is easy to use with lots of options to customize your experience. They do offer one on one training and I would highly recommend the additional training.
ConsThe cost of training was more than we could afford.

By Elexio on March 1, 2017
Thanks Melissa! We've loved being able to get you up-and-running and appreciate the feedback.
Peggy B.
Church Secretary
May 22, 2018

“Stable platform to keep track of church members & events”

OverallSaves time and money. No longer have to print a directory. People can upload their own photos.
ProsIntegration with event calendar - can reserve rooms and equipment by event. Keeps us from double-booking space! Database has ability to send out group communications (emails AND texts!); ability to schedule group communications; easy to keep track of visitors and assign follow up. Track giving, makes the information readily available to people instead of them needing to call in and asking for us to run a report. Also easy to email end of year giving records.
ConsNot always intuitive to use advanced features. Wish we had the option to have our own logo as the app icon.
Charles J.
February 24, 2017

“Great Product, but not exclusive to Elexio and WAY OVERPRICED”

Overall10yr Customer with Elexio. This is by far the best product (database) they have ever offered. However they charged me monthly for it, only to find out that it is a licensed product from another parent company, and not exclusive to Elexio. Therefore I was able to find the EXACT SAME database with a sister company for cheaper! That's Allot cheaper. Very disappointed in Elexio taking advantage of us like that.
Proseverything
ConsAs with any product, still needs some tweaks. Some aggregate reports need the ability to TOTAL from multiple groups that happen on different dates, as opposed to just totalling per date. Giving needs the ability to add "SUB-CATEGORIES". Also, Giving needs to be able to "IN-ACTIVATE" Categories. Otherwise you will slowly accrue a massive long list of categories that you certainly dont want to DELETE, however dont ever need to populate in the list again going forward. EX. Jordan Missions Trip 2003. Its a line item that is obsolete years later. Why would it still populate in the list? There are other minor issues. It also needs to INTEGRATE more with the actual FORMS in the GIVING module better, and could INTEGRATE more and better with related website products.
Recommendations to other buyersYes. It should be RECORD BASED PRICING across the board with all of you sister companies.
February 24, 2017
Robert H.
Minister of Involvement, Office manager
May 22, 2018

“By using Elexio we have been able to communicate better to the members of the congregation. ”

ProsThe Elexio app has changed the way we are able to stay connected and be able to see who old and new members are through the church directory. I love the way we are able to connect with guests, so quickly through the workflows. The customer service and help videos are excellent.
Cons"The accounting portion seems like an afterthought to the software program" stated by our CFO. This is our main con.
Sabrina M.
Director of Admin
May 23, 2018

“We have been with Elexio for 4-5 years and we love that they continue to improve the software. ”

ProsEasy to use, very clean look, that they are continuing to make improvements. We also love that it is internet based so that we do not have to have volunteers download software onto their computers.
ConsThe reporting could be improved and we would really like more options with workflows. I would like to see the help area be a little more people friendly.
John F.
Church Planter
February 22, 2017

“Good option for church plants!”

OverallThe learning curve is a bit sharp but the resources available are fantastic! The customer service far exceeds expectations! I have never worked with a company in any arena that has made me feel so personally cared for. Their attention to detail and followup has always impressed me!
ProsThe integrated platform. No other company offers this.
ConsSome of the components are still not intuitive. More instructional videos may be helpful.
Recommendations to other buyersNo
Karen B.
Volunteer
May 7, 2019

“Looks good, functions poorly”

OverallThe prior product (Elexio Database) was a very good product. The current (2019) products are inferior, as described above.
ProsAttractive interface. Website solution is good. Functional calendar.
ConsHave used Elexio products for almost five years. Three of the four solutions currently offered (church management, accounting, and online giving) have significant deficits. Elexio moved from a mundane and (somewhat) outmoded database system about 24 months ago which, while boring to look at, functioned quite well. In an attempt to bring their software up to their competition's standards, they cut numerous features and never have quite got all the features fully integrated. Giving integration has severe deficits and fails (too) often. Church management component, while appearing at surface level to be quite robust, has many idiosyncrasies and is rather limited. Accounting module is archaic (we used it for only one year) and reminds me of the prior software we canned due to obsolescence. Support routinely responds, "We hope to add that feature in the future" or "...add back that feature..." to most support requests.
May 7, 2019
cassi w.
Development & Communications
May 12, 2017

“This is the software we were afraid to even dream existed! We couldn't be more thankful for Elexio.”

ProsElexio has allowed us to combine 4 other softwares we were using into one efficient system. Reporting is now so easy for us. Even though we are somewhat out of the box for Elexio being a camp rather than a church, the staff has been super helpful in setting us up, finding better ways for us to manage our data and helping us work smarter and not harder!
ConsBecause we are out of the box as a camp rather than a church, we wish for a few capabilities that aren't there. A couple examples would be Mass Contact Records to see what was sent to who, allowing our forms to directly import into the database without exporting forms to do so.

By Elexio on May 12, 2017
Thanks for reaching out, Cassi! WOW. We are so grateful that you are sharing your story here. It's incredible to learn of just how many platforms folks were using that they are now able to streamline and this is just another testament to that. Please continue to provide feedback as it all goes directly to the team who are passionate about further developing the platform to the best it can possibly be. Best of luck and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.
Melinda R.
November 8, 2016

“Valley View Christian Church ”

OverallLOVE how Elexio works with our needs! Elexio works with every client to meet their needs. Amazing software!
ProsEase of use
ConsSlow to sync events with database and web
Recommendations to other buyersMore interest in super user input

By Elexio on January 24, 2017
Thanks for sharing, Melinda! We're so pleased to be able to serve Valley View Christian Church and that your experience has been such a positive one. If you'd like to share anything additionally, feel free to reach out to us at feedback@elexio.com.
November 8, 2016
Shari S.
May 22, 2018

“Elexio has been a a great solution for our church”

ProsIt is easy to use for administrative staff as well as for the church members. Online giving is particularly easy to use.
ConsI wish the setup for child check-in and setting up children's Sunday school classes and children's church was a simpler process. There was not much easy to understand guidance available.
Andrew P.
Pastor of Communication and Care
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
March 3, 2017

“Love Elexio and Elexio Support!”

OverallElexio is a top notch company. There are some features that are missing on Community, but it seems like this software is maturing rapidly. We would like to see a more easy to use child-check-in software (similar to Elexio Delux), see more automatic weekly reporting, etc, but overall, Elexio Community is great!
ProsWeb based, great to use with our desktops, laptops, iPads and mobile phones!
ConsChild Check-In complexity and restrictions (i.e. All groups show up... if child is signing in on a Sunday, Wednesday's ministry groups are showing... this can easily lead to check-in user error. It would be great to only show Wednesday's group on Wednesday, and Sunday's ministry from this time to this time...)
Recommendations to other buyersIt would be great to have a directory that would show birth day (month and day) without showing year or age. Some of our members are complaining about that. :)

By Elexio on March 3, 2017
Thanks Andrew! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on Community and your experience with the team. You are certainly right that the solution is maturing rapidly, so we'll make sure these remarks get to the right folks to consider future planning!
March 3, 2017
May 23, 2018

“This software has been a huge help in organizing our church.”

ProsEase of use. Development of forms is great. I love the app, and the ability to access the database on my phone.
ConsNo ability to test an e-mail before sending it out. No ability to put test data into a form and then delete the data before going live.
Tony P.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“Church management made easier”

OverallBetter tracking of our congregation and able to readily identify needs.
ProsHelpful to be able to group family members, merge individual accounts and also track giving, attendance and other reports you may set up
ConsWe had previously used an older version and it was very tasking moving the previous data into the new online version. Don't like not having a version to utilize from the desktop
September 25, 2019
Richard J.
Lead Pastor
March 7, 2017

“Biggest bang for your buck!”

OverallI have completely loved using Elexio for our church database, and I have tried a bunch of them! Our experience with Elexio compared to other cloud-based services has been amazing! It can function as simply or with as much complexity as your church requires. As a church planter, the beginning stages are easy on our budget, and will grow as we do. It's also great the way the software expands to meet our continually changing needs. I highly reccomend!
ProsGreat, easy-to use, expandable interface.
ConsThe inability to use a different online giving merchant account. We had to switch to their proprietary system.
Recommendations to other buyersOur entire staff loves using Elexio!
March 7, 2017
Cassi W.
Development & Communications
March 1, 2017

“Finally -- all in one place”

OverallBeing a camp ministry, we are outside the box of Eleixo's usual clients. We could't be more thrilled to finally streamline our work in one concise, organized, easy to use database! We are able to do more without working more which is everyone's dream, right?! We couldn't be happier with Elexio and we are thankful for all their work to help us be better at what we do!
ProsUser friendly, organized, visually appealing -- streamlines our work into one program rather than our past 3-4 programs. Customer service has been excellent so far!
Consit's made for a church and we are a camp -- being able to customize it more for us as far as terminology, etc would be great! but really -- we are excited to be using it and these things are minor!
Recommendations to other buyersbecome more specific to camp ministries! what you have going is amazing! more camps could benefit from your user friendly and cost effective program!

By Elexio on March 1, 2017
Thanks for the feedback, Cassi! Love hearing how your camp is using the flexibility of Elexio to do your work. We'll pass your notes along to the team!
Seth M.
Creative Arts Pastor

“Easy to use”

OverallOur church was using a different management software that was not at all intuitive. Even after the company took us through training we could not master our old software. We have found Elexio very easy to use and quite flexible in how it can be set up.
ProsEasy to use but powerful.
ConsI wish there was better integration between the calendar and the database. For instance: if the calendar would send a notification to someone who has been listed as the person in charge of an event.
Recommendations to other buyersTake the time and invest the money to take coaching sessions from Elexio.
March 6, 2018

“So easy to search for church members, register for events, and give donations”

OverallOur church is so well connected. We're able to see the directory, manage our giving, and register for events. As a church administrator, this software is also simple to use on the back end.
ProsI love how easy this software is to use. You can quickly see what options your church has to interact, and as a church member who has used this software on the back-end, it's also easy to set up events and options for users.
ConsIt can sometimes be buggy on the user side, I've had it freeze up when trying to log in or register, but a simple refresh fixes it.

By Elexio on April 23, 2018
Thank you so much for your feedback. We'll make sure the team gets your notes around the platform. Looking forward to the opportunity to continue serving you.
March 6, 2018
Jodi J.
May 12, 2017

“It is easy to you and very efficient!”

ProsIt is user friendly and also easy to teach others in the group. If you play with it long enough you can figure out most anything you need to do. I love that I can input info from the ap.

By Elexio on May 12, 2017
Hi Jodi! We are so pleased that you decided to reach out. We pride ourselves in providing easy to use solutions that help you do what you need to do. It's so wonderful when we get the opportunity to hear directly from you that we are serving you well. Thanks so much and please continue to reach out if you need anything.
Nolan N.
Music and Media Director
March 1, 2017

“A great product from great people”

OverallI had experience with some of Elexio's older products which were effective but sometimes difficult to use. Elexio Community has been a breath of fresh air in this regard. Being browser based makes it much easier to access on the go and the interface is much more intuitive. It has been great working with their training team and support staff also. Any time that I run into an issue or have a question about best practices when using their product, I get a timely and easy to understand response and it is great to know that I can call in and get help right away if I need it.
ProsBrowser based, easy to use
ConsSome advanced features that I would like to see are missing at this stage

By Elexio on March 1, 2017
Thank you for sharing, Nolan! It's so wonderful to hear that Community has come in as breath of fresh air at Grand City Station. We are committed to serving you well, and love seeing that you've experienced everything we work towards. Keep those feature requests coming as we work to build and grow to the future.
Patricia K.
May 29, 2018

“It's an easy to use database and great for small to mid-size organizaations”

ProsI liked that it was relatively easy to use. It had some great tools including some useful reports.
ConsMine was a different experience because the software was purchased prior to me joining my organization. It's a great tool for churches and organizations looking to keep track of attendance at events etc, but we needed a more robust donor development software so this wasn't the right tool for us.
Steve P.
May 29, 2018

“We migrated from Elexio Deluxe to Elexio Community. ”

ProsThe ability to access our data base anywhere from any device - all the data being cloud based. The mobile app is being used by our church leadership to view our database "on the go."
ConsWe experienced many online contribution hiccups due to the issues in Elexio Giving. Entering contributions via the check scanner are tedious and very difficult for our counting team. The Elexio Deluxe system was faster and easier.
Amy G.

“We love it!”

OverallAfter moving from a very outdated system with limited functions, Elexio has been a lifesaver. The integration among its various platforms (check-in, database and website) has made my life as an admin a lot easier. Our ministry leaders are getting the hang of using the database and the automated work flows are helping us tremendously with our assimilation process where we've previously fell short. Whenever I have questions, the support team is ready and willing to help. Fantastic customer service. I would highly recommend this product.
Jami J.
Dir. Communications
December 8, 2015

“Database Admin, Dir. Communication”

OverallHere's my wish list: I would like the online portal, app and desktop database to provide same features. It is confusing for my staff to tell them go to the online portal for groups & ministry teams... and go to the App for making a note or follow-up.... and go to your desktop database to see who has signed up for your class or send a group email that you want to be sure gets sent (since the large groups in the portal often get blocked) and saves a copy of the message. Online web forms wish list: easier to access submitted forms. That email alert that form has been submitted actually had the form information in the text of email. That it would be easier to organize forms, delete or hide forms that have expired. We still find it simpler to use Sign-up Genius to organize our schedule of Sunday morning worship volunteers, or other tasks. Follow-ups: Wish there could be an automated email reminder based on due date. I know we can run the report.

By Elexio on December 8, 2015
Jami, Thanks so much for your review! We are taking these pieces of feedback under advisement as we move closer to the release of the new version of the Elexio church management system. Thanks! Elexio
December 8, 2015
Richie R.
Associate Pastor
May 23, 2018

“Elexio has been very useful - a breath of fresh air from other ChMS systems we've used!”

ProsWe enjoy several features, like a search bar that pre-populates, the appealing nature of each household record and the ability to link giving in a user-friendly way.
ConsWe've struggled to utilize the workflows completely and haven't been able to take advantage of absentee reports the way we used to in our former system.
Richard S.
Computer Software, Self-employed
April 20, 2018

“Elexio Database is used with the website”

OverallIt has easily tied in or tithing and website into one product..
ProsVery full featured and professionally administered. It probably has more features than we even need.
ConsNot always intuitive. It might be that I have designed other databases that I sometimes have trouble. It might be better for someone that has no knowledge at all.

By Elexio on April 23, 2018
Thanks for your feedback, Richard! We so appreciate it, particularly coming from someone with UX/UI knowledge. We'd love to hear more about how you think we can provide more intuitive experiences. Feel free to shoot us an email at info@elexio.com.
April 20, 2018
Andrew G.
Elder

“An excellent improvement”

OverallWe replaced an older church management system with Elexio about a year ago. Members are especially glad to be able to see the directory on their smartphones. The staff are glad that we can have much faster access to information, and especially pleased that our data is safe off site. The learning curve is certainly not flat, but if you're familiar with basic database concepts and have a decent organization to the church, Elexio seems to fit well. It's nice to be able to customize parts so that they fit your particular ministry, rather than the other way around. One pitfall for us was that the client software didn't work on Mac computers very well. We've actually just switched to Elexio's entirely online product, Elexio Community. It's a better size for our church, and since it's all online, we don't have to worry about the platform so much.
ProsPowerful, has a calendar, communication tools are included, decent price
ConsDoesn't work great on Macs (or HiDPI screens), an easier scheduling tool would be a plus
TOM B.
May 22, 2018

“the more we use the program the more frustrated we are getting on its limitations”

Prosthe very best part about this program is that it is web-based. it is essential that we can use it on any device. Being able to assign prayer request through interactions is a big plus. Having the website forms integrate with our database and financial giving integrated with the database saves a tremendous amount of man-hours in manual input.
Consuseless mobile app. Check-in is too cumbersome and not parent-friendly. reports are weak and lack ad hoc reporting
Jenny H.
February 22, 2017

“This one is juuuust right!”

OverallWe are a small church (about 200 members) with no full time administrator. We are just large enough to have outgrown our Excel spreadsheet directory and updating that spreadsheet was cumbersome and fell onto the shoulders of one individual. In addition, we had multiple places where we stored information (email service provider, spreadsheet, etc.). We began shopping for ChMS platforms - but so many were WAY too expensive or WAY too powerful for our needs at the current time. We almost went with a larger name provider, but we changed our minds because Elexio is powerful, user-friendly and priced just right. We look forward to our church using Elexio now (email, text/SMS, directory) AND growing INTO Elexio's features in the years to come. After 8 months of searching, Elexio is juuuust right for us!
Prosease of use, great customer service and support, upgrading to meet the users' needs
ConsMass Communications could be more HTML-friendly
Michael P.
Lead Minister
August 23, 2012

“Love it!”

OverallThe partnership we have with Elexio is fantastic. They are always willing to help and are responsive to our needs as a small church. The products are very intuitive to use and take the worry and stress out of our website and database management. The reports and processes have helped us gain a better understanding of where our congregation is spiritually. They have also helped us to challenge individuals to take their next steps to grow closer to Jesus. The real value in partnering with Elexio is that we can focus our time where God has called us, and that is shepherding people. On a side note I recently heard about a church that lost their entire database (including financial records) because they forgot to back it up. I just thought, "I am glad I don't have to worry about that!
ProsSo many tools at your fingertips. This is one the most powerful resources we use at the church.
ConsThey have many reports out of the box. However, it can be tricky to learn how to customize those reports.
August 23, 2012
May 22, 2018

“The Elexio Database is a powerful church management system, but may not be incredibly user-friendly.”

ProsVery specific search criteria and group building. Easy reporting. Giving records are very thorough.
ConsNot incredibly user-friendly. Not Mac friendly. (Required a Microsoft Remote Desktop environment to run on Mac.)
Allison B.
Administrative Support
March 10, 2014

“Tom Kirk Elexio Review”

OverallI've been using the software for about 10 years, since back in the PDS days! I'm most impressed with the automated emails, letters and mass email functions. The automated processes alone allow us to connect and follow up with dozens to hundreds of people weekly with detailed, personalized information. I honestly believe that Fusion helps us meet the needs of our community in a way that we would not be able to do so sufficiently without it. There are other database products out there, and I think the automated side of Fusion really sets it apart from the competition. I think the data is entered and stored in an organized and logical way. I like the long list of preset reports and the customizable FCR reports (although the filters wording is sometimes tedious and difficult to work with). My experience with anyone on the customer service team has always been positive. Your staff is knowledgable, accessible, and helpful. Thank you for a great product!
March 10, 2014
Joseph C.
Director of Ministry
Publishing, 11-50 employees
January 30, 2019

“Solid database tool, that creates easy access to entire team”

OverallElexio is a solid database tool that meets a major need in many ministries, allowing organizations to maintain good control and discretion over the information of their constituents.
ProsPowerful database tool that grows with your organization, and makes it easy to add members who have access to defined areas and information. Administration is fairly simple and sharing information with teammates is a breeze. Database allows you to easily track giving records and history, attendance, project participation an group connections (classes, ministries etc...)
ConsIt feels a little clunky at times, and the end-user experience isn't as intuitive as I'd like. Having said that, I love the access teammates can have and especially that it's easy to regulate what each teammate has access to or not (like limiting access to financial giving records etc...)
January 30, 2019
Kaitlyn B.
teacher
Education Management, 11-50 employees
December 13, 2018

“Helpful database”

ProsI like that this software allows me to connect with others in my church. Instead of having to call the church and ask for someone's number, I can go to the app, find it, and communicate with that person directly. It is also helpful that pictures are inserted next to family members' names so that I can make sure I have a name right.
ConsI haven't found anything that I haven't liked. I use it in the most basic form: to get contacts of people I want to communicate with and match faces to names.
December 13, 2018
Lauren S.
Ministry Assistant
May 22, 2018

“Elexio support has been extremely helpful, but the softwares features have not been cutting edge”

ProsI like the accessibility of looking at people's information. The groups feature is also very easy to use. I love being able to look at a person's profile and see the groups they are in. It is very easy to move people and merge profiles, when needed.
ConsReporting is less than desirable. I understand that we can do a lot with the advanced search, but it's just so clunky and not user friendly. In addition, recording our weekly service attendance is such a long process. This data entry is done by our volunteers and it has been painfully slow and also far from intuitive.
Gary G.
Executive Pastor
August 22, 2012

“Elexio Products”

OverallWe highly recommend Elexio products!
ProsWe are very pleased with the ministry tools Elexio has provided to our church. Due to its complexity, our previous church management software solution was basically an expensive rolodex. While capable of many tasks, the difficulty and design of the user interface pretty much negated any benefits that the average, every day staff user needed. Elexio's Amp tools have made these daily tasks and our ministry follow-up so much easier. We also love the look, feel, design, and user friendliness of our Elexio website. Mix all that in with great and personable customer service.
ConsWe have experienced no negative issues with our Elexio products or their support.
August 22, 2012
Trevor G.
Director of IT
Business Supplies and Equipment, Unspecified
May 22, 2018

“Easy to use and pleased with customer services s support. ”

OverallAccessing contact information from congregation.
ProsThat it accessible on all devices and it cloud based. Also able to be accessed outside of the network.
ConsThe reporting needs work. I wish there was a way to run more specific reports. Especially in finance.
Tom B.
June 3, 2015

“Clean, simple and easy to use. ”

OverallWe have been using church software for over 10 years. It has been our desire to find a high quality, easy to use software that is cloud based so our volunteers and leaders would be able to work from any location. We found that product Elexio. Early 2014 we switched to Elexio and have been amazed at the detail and ease-of-use we have experienced. Before Elexio we were using one company to host our website, another to run our church database, and another to process our electronic giving. We have saved hundreds of dollars per year in just monthly fees by combining them all in Elexio. The mobile app, text to give, provides the ability for any member of the church to update their information from home and makes this product outstanding. I have recommended Elexio to many of my Pastor friends and highly recommend it for any church.
June 3, 2015
Korbin D.
Administrator
May 25, 2019

“Great!!!!”

OverallWonderful!!!!
ProsThis program is awesome!!! It allows us to set up groups and email them. It allows us to create lists. Keep data on individuals.
ConsNot enough time in the day to discover all that it can do.
May 25, 2019
Chris Q.
Director of Communications
May 31, 2018

“Review Elexio Database”

ProsMost of the functionality is wonderful. After all these years, I've been able to figure out probably 99 percent of what I need to do in the database.
ConsSometimes support can be frustrating.
May 31, 2018
richard g.
Technical suppor
December 12, 2018

“Elexio Community”

OverallOutside of reports, It solved our church admin concerns.
ProsWeb-based. Easy to use interface. Has functions necessary.
ConsThe reports available are sub-par at best.
December 12, 2018
Kathy B.
IT & Network Administrator
May 23, 2018

“Love the app and web based product. Training and support has been good. ”

ProsWe love that it is Web based and user friendly. Support and training has been great. The app is a great tool.
ConsPulling specific information is restrictive even with advanced search especially with the inactive/active not part of the search choices, check-in reports are not easy to print only what we need, we have to look for the online giving fees as well as returns rather then receiving notification.