OfficeSpace Software Ratings

Overall
4.900000095367432/5
4.800000190734863/5
4.800000190734863/5

About OfficeSpace Software

Suited for companies with 500+ employees, with busy meeting rooms. OfficeSpace makes room booking easy by integrating with your calendar and updates availability in real-time. See the features available in each room, and book rooms using any device. With a suite of powerful tools to help you manage every aspect of your workplace, OfficeSpace simplifies room booking and delivers the ultimate employee experience. Book a demo and see why companies love OfficeSpace. Learn more about OfficeSpace Software

Jerry B.
August 23, 2012

OverallAs the Facilities Manager at PMI, a competent space planning tool has been a major key to our success in planning and managing the ever changing space plan of our facilities. We've experienced fluctuations of employees between 700 and 400. Originally, I used a much different space planning software that just didn't do what I needed. For large scale moves the space planning portion was outsourced and that wasn't something I wanted to do any longer. What I needed was a user friendly tool to manage my space plan that didn't take nine months of specialized traning to understand. I needed to be able to schedule moves and update our maps within just a few minutes. After some research and discsussions, I made the decision to change to Office Space and I couldn't be happier. We've now completed over a thousand employee moves in the last two years and OfficeSpace has been a huge part of my success. The OfficeSpace team was amazing during the implementation process. They walked me through everything to get us up and running, held calls with our IT and within just a couple of weeks, I was fully integrated into the OfficeSpace product and using the system on a daily basis. I have to admit that sitting through the demo, I didn't think that the software would be that easy to use. Once I got my hands on it, I was pleasantly surprised that the ease of use was exactly as advertised. This tool has become a mainstay in my Facilities management portfolio. The product itself is second to none and the customer support is even better. The support team (big thanks to Ash, David and Rafa) has provided solution after solution upon request, answered questions at all hours of the day and night and provided insight on best practices to make sure that I'm thinking of everything. I went from spreadsheets and a clunky software to presenting picture perfect space plans with 100% accuracy and the ability to make changes on the fly. We even went as far as to roll out the Visual Directory to our employees and the positive feedback that we've received has been amazing. If you're looking for an exceptional product with an excellent support staff then your search ends here.
August 23, 2012
Tami K.
March 15, 2012

OverallI am the Director of Corporate and Global Facilities for a company that is constantly moving people and assets between several buildings. In addition, we manage out-of-state and other country locations and monitor space needs for build-outs and expansions. For several years I looked at systems that would allow us to track people, assets and conference rooms. Everything I saw would fall into two categories: it didn't do what I needed or it would be so cumbersome that it wasn't worth the investment. During a visit to World Workplace I spent time looking at OfficeSpace Software. I couldn't believe how intuitive it was and that it could do what I was looking for. The folks answered my numerous questions there and after the show. I figured this is too good to be true. Being a technology company, I knew if I chose the wrong program this would be a huge error on my part. I needed something people could understand and engage with. Frankly, something that would lessen my workload along with that of my team. THIS IS IT!! We have found this to be a great success; we get constant feedback from our employees that they love it. When traveling from city to city folks know where the conference room is for their meeting and where the person they are meeting with sits. I can project when we need to build more seats, because of its keeps all data up-to-date in real time. When we throw stuff in a storage closet, we can track it (beautiful). This was a win for our company, employees and for me, especially when the COO (who is also head of all technology) sent me a personal note saying "Awesome". That felt great!
March 15, 2012
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
November 14, 2018

“Great organizational mapping application”

Prosvery user friendly and nice clean forward facing view. Staff love the ease of locating others using the interactive maps.
ConsI have no complaints with this product, all portions of it so far have met our desires
November 14, 2018
Lynn K.
Facilities and Contract Administrator
Industrial Automation, Unspecified
May 8, 2015

“Would be LOST without this product!”

ProsThe OfficeSpace software combines user-friendliness with a wealth of in-depth capabilities; not only can I track and plan facility moves, I can employ a variety of metrics to better-analyze our space needs. The absolute BEST thing about the OfficeSpace software, however, is the superb customer service. Anytime I need to make changes made to a layout, or if I have a question, not only do I get a quick response, but I usually get more help than I'd even needed.
ConsIt would be helpful if there were a way to export layouts into Power Point.
Recommendations to other buyersTRY this product; it has transformed our abilities to handle space configurations and intercompany rents.
May 8, 2015
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
January 18, 2018

“Fantastic software that allows you to view your space with ease.”

ProsOfficeSpace has a great user interface that allows you to find where employees/colleagues are sitting with ease.
ConsWhen you type in a seat number, it does not bring you to that seat and instead provides a list of everyone that has that number in their profile, such as a phone number.
January 18, 2018
Alana G.
Facilities Coordinator
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
January 5, 2017

“Excellent Functionality for Multiple Locations”

OverallOfficeSpace is an excellent tool for organizations with multiple locations. It allows for easy remote facilities management -- from seating employees, assessing capacity, managing assets to regular reporting and evacuation and safety functionality.
ProsEase of use, quick response and vested interest from customer support, extensive functionality across all areas of facilities management.
ConsSwitching between platforms and dashboards for those admin capabilities does not often flow well.
January 5, 2017
Chip L.
January 5, 2014

“Excellent Product, Stellar Support”

ProsProduct: Simplicity and ease of use. Can use anywhere if not locally hosted or with VPN access if locally hosted. Vendor: Can-do attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, ease with which to work.
ConsThere's some lack of flexibility, but it's actually intentional. The product is inherently simple and supposed to remain that way. There's functionality that is not built into the product; even so, the development team has bent over backwards to accommodate almost all of our special requests. It would be nice to be able to attach files to notifications or add more custom messages, but keeping things simple is better in the long run. Notifications are HTML-based, so if you can code a little, links work just fine. If you can't code, MS Word text can be imported just as easily.
Recommendations to other buyersKnow what you need and look at other products before or after so you know what the competition offers. Mostly, that will be something based on CAD, which may be more product than you want, especially if you're a small organization with only one location and/or a few floors.
January 5, 2014
Chuck T.
July 27, 2012

OverallAs Director of Operations and Facilities I have been looking for years for the right software to keep track of all the moves, location changes, and well as keeping track of the assets the employee has been issued. Everything I looked at was either too expensive or had many features we would never use, but then I found OfficeSpace. I first saw OfficeSpace at last year's IFMA conference and was pleasantly surprised it had all the features I wanted, appeared easy to use, and at a price we could afford. After going through the demo with David Spence there was no doubt in my mind that this was the software we needed. We went from purchase to implementation in less than a month. It would have been shorter than that but we ran into problems supplying OfficeSpace with correct CAD's. The folks at OfficeSpace worked with our IT department to assure a smooth implementation and yes it was just that smooth. I was using the majority of OfficeSpace after just an hour of instruction. Yes, it's that easy and very intuitive. Those here at Campus who frequently use the software are just as happy with it as I am. Amazingly, nothing has gone wrong. I highly recommend OfficeSpace and I give an A+ to their customer service.
July 27, 2012
Ala T.
201-500 employees
September 14, 2017

“Best bang for buck floor map and Office Move software”

OverallFantastic client experience throughout the entire processes from contract to setup to implementation to launch. I wish our other vendors took some lessons.
ProsVery, very, very intuitive and easy to pick up. Our facilities team adopted this almost overnight because it was very user friendly and easy to manage. Support team is always quick to response, very helpful and professional. We have yet to report an issue/concern that was not quickly addressed. Move management process has been completely streamlined and is now much more efficient.
ConsDon't have meeting planner functionality, yet. This is in the works and is apparently set to be delivered within the next calendar year.
September 14, 2017
Michael M.
January 16, 2013

OverallI just wanted to take the time to say what a wonderful product Officespace Software is. I have been at my current job for about 3 years as a Facilities Tech at IEEE. We never had any software that handled what we needed. I used to have to take our boring old CAD floorplans, open then up with Adobe and create text boxes for our current employees, how unprofessional. There was nothing like going into a meeting with my bosses and trying to discuss which moves were coming up and how many open spaces were left in our organization. I actually had to physically walk the halls, building to building and count the empty cubes and offices. So I decided that enough is enough and that is when I found out about this amazing program. Once I easily setup a demo with David and Rafael, I just knew this what exactly what I was looking for. We went from demo to implementation in 2 short weeks. They were always quickly available whether is be via email or phone and always took the time to answer my questions and make this process as smooth as it could be. I cannot thank Rafael and David enough and I look forward to working with them in the future.
January 16, 2013
Terry M.
June 24, 2013

OverallOur organization is growing and constantly evolving, so the locations of our Associates changes constantly. Also, the configuration of our buildings in relation to offices and workstations is changing constantly. We needed a space management tool that was easy to use for relocation of our Associates, and for adding new or reconfiguring offices/workstations. In 2009, we had purchased a space management system that was very cumbersome, from the perspective that it was not easy to use and it needed to be housed on a server which required endless hours of support from our IT department. Due to these challenges, we never really implemented use of the tool. When we launched OfficeSpace in February of 2013, we were amazed at how easy the tool was to use and how supportive the staff is to our changes, questions, and needs. Implementation of OfficeSpace was easy, quick, and training others to use the tool is effortless. We benefit daily from using OfficeSpace to keep track of our Associates. Our benefits will increase as our data within the Reports section is updated and we can produce more accurate space analysis reports.
June 24, 2013
Javier B.
February 8, 2013

OverallAs a non profit we have tons of volunteers and interns that offer their time to aide in our mission and OfficeSpace has been the best tool to assist with orientation. We previously used a printed excel sheets with everyone's phone number, this was not ideal as things constantly changed and we had to go around replacing the list every time there was a change. Our users are extremely happy with OfficeSpace as they are not required to remember everyone's names and faces on the first day of orientation. This has allowed staff to make the volunteers and interns feel more welcome by remembering their names and interns now feel more comfortable reaching out to staff for guidance or advice. OfficeSpace has also helped our facility manager in keeping track of available seating since our staff travels 50% of the time. The support team is superb as they have successfully implemented a feature requested by the IT team to track equipment assigned to the user. The ability to have multiple maps even allows to keep a floor plan for all wall jacks with ID's. I just want to say thanks again for the great product and support.
February 8, 2013
Julia J.
March 29, 2012

OverallMedImmune has undergone rapid expansion of our Cambridge site. Facilities procedures for move management and desk/space allocation hadn't been able to keep up with the rapid change. We were reliant on a lot of manual systems. It became a logistical headache to manage, churn, and plan projects with any sort of peace of mind. As well as not being able to accurately provide any detailed space forecasting. OfficeSpace has become a fundamental tool for our facilities team. Moves are now easily plotted and reports to current desk occupancy are quickly created. However, just as importantly it has become a valuable resource for our staff. It has helped them locate colleagues, find meeting rooms, and we have integrated it seamlessly into our intranet staff search option. The feedback from our staff has been really gratifying! The whole installation project was managed effortlessly with OfficeSpace and our IT team, it pretty much was just plug and play. The training has been a breeze due to the intuitive nature of the software. Once installed, OfficeSpace is a product that makes you wonder how you ever managed your daily tasks without it.
March 29, 2012
alex K.
Facilities Manager
Retail, Unspecified
3.5/5
August 17, 2015

“Office Space Planning and people location ”

ProsThe product did just what we wanted to with out getting overly complex. The drag and drop is very handy! The ability to share proposed layout etc is also great. The vendor has been great they are helpful and reactive to your needs, the process of uploads went like dream. We have not taking this for the global portfolio!
ConsWe like the everything but would love a mobile version for keeping the floor plans up to date.
Recommendations to other buyersTake time to get what you want from the system down on paper so that there are no misunderstanding. This will also save you a lot of time. Make sure you data is clean as this affect the way the system works.
August 17, 2015
Sarah R.
Administrative Assistant
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
June 7, 2017

“Easy desk move planning”

OverallI am part of a team that orders or passes out swag or other items on people's desks, I use OfficeSpace most for tracking down individuals or finding better ways to use our physical space.
ProsIt's so easy to see where everything and everyone is! I use it a lot for tracking down desks for new hires in our rapidly growing company.
June 7, 2017
Claire L.
August 15, 2012

OverallPennington Biomedical Research Center has ten buildings currently loaded in OfficeSpace. This software was purchased in November 2011 and within two months all of our AutoCad drawings were loaded and we were trained. Training was scheduled according to our needs and dependent on our learning curve. The system is very user-friendly and we have a great relationship with the vendor. Before we purchased OfficeSpace we used printouts and wrote in pencil on the room layouts. This is messy and we were not able to use this for meetings with faculty in regard to space requests. Now, we use a big screen monitor and can show the floor layouts and discuss possible solutions to these room requests. Customer Support is excellent; in fact the turn around time for a support question is quick.
August 15, 2012
Marybeth v.
Space Management Support
Oil & Energy, 5001-10,000 employees
June 22, 2018

“Very easy to use”

OverallThe team was very nice during the demo and this was, by far, my favorite of the suggestions.
ProsI liked that you could see when people were moving in/out and could set up moves for future dates and still be able to see it on the map.
ConsI can't really think of any cons except that you can't move a group and it auto populates in the new area depending on what they previously had (ie. Office to Office and so on). However, they did tell me that it was something they were working on and would hopefully be an added update soon.
June 22, 2018
Allexis C.
November 15, 2016

“Great for new hires to check out the office!”

OverallOfficeSpace is very helpful when new employees are searching for meeting locations and the names of their new neighbors. It is also very important for HR as emergencies may arise or employees get asked to leave. Minor complaint, it is a little confusing when you remove someone from a seat but don't always have a seat to place them in. The person gets 'stuck' in the queue. Sometimes I would find myself making duplicate profiles because I could not retrieve the person in the queue. Otherwise, it is great!
November 15, 2016