FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
3.9/5
4.2/5

About FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA)

Built for SALESFORCE CUSTOMERS with 100+ EMPLOYEES - Manage your professional services team,customers,projects & financials all in one app. Get visibility into sales pipeline & resource demand before it's needed. Manage projects to grow revenue,improve margins & deliver for customers. Create projects directly from opportunities with all information included. Kick off the project smart,fast & with a seamless transition from sales. Learn more about FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA)

William M.
Owner/Founder
December 1, 2011

“More than I need Human Capital Management Software”

OverallI would say if you are a small or medium business and you have no idea what an HR department or IT department looks like, then you need Vana Human Capital Management. If you have employees and you want to increase performance, this solution is complete. HR departments will thank you, you will save time and headaches. This made our performance reviews a dream. The social collaboration is new to us and has become the center of our corporate universe. you will be overwhelmed so just be warned the Quick Start Implementation will appeal to you, but I encourage you to just get the next level up so the team at VanaWorkforce.com will do all the work for you. Just get it. Oh yeah, since it is on force.com it makes integration with CRM and other force.com products a single click of the mouse and has single sign-on, super cool. Patrick.
ProsThe user interface is excellent. If you know Salesforce.com CRM then you will inherently know how to use Vana HCM. WOW! No training required. Great future vision product, it has more than I need to manage my team, recruit and track people, leave, benefits, compensation, performance and more. Even better I LOVE the Social Collaboration tool. It keeps my employees working and collaborating in the solution and not of facebook or twitter. Also love the collaboration on goals, initiatives, performance reviews and projects. Top it off the library was an added bonus, since I can store and share corporate documents and even education materials as part of the solution (free) and have my team collaborate with others on these and track it in the learning management. Overall: over the top! Thank you.
ConsThere is almost too much to learn. The overwhelm is consuming. I wish I had the ability to configure everything that is delivered. Knowing where to start was a bit daunting, thank goodness they did the first series of configurations to launch the product and provided me with an easy to use Getting Started Guide so my team could calm down and get started 1...2...3 Learning to use the system most effectively was a challenge, but I think we finally got it. It may have been more of a resistance to change, rather than a solution problem. It took a while to adopt it as a company, but we are all on the same page now and it ROCKS! The Social Org Chart was a bit of a challenge to set up, but easy to re-org and fix with a little help and is now AWESOME!
December 1, 2011
Emily S.
Director of Services
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
September 1, 2017

“Robust app with tons of functionality, requires major investment”

OverallSometimes FinancialForce feels like a bit of overkill for our small business, but the functionality is unmatched, especially if you are a Salesforce shop. We have become significantly more efficient in our staffing since adopting FinancialForce, and maximizing our billable utilization rates is worth the investment.
ProsBeing a Salesforce app, integration between Opportunities and Projects is seamless, minimizing data entry and enabling robust reporting. Another huge benefit of this is that it's easy to customize the tool to your needs and automate processes. The resource planner is fantastic, very detailed and easy to use.
ConsThere are a ton of features that are overkill for our organization, but we can't disable or get rid of them. Some of these features generate a huge number of records that is starting to drive up our data storage costs. The learning curve is also steep, it took at least a year for us to really be using the tool smoothly and figure out what tweaks we needed to make to make the tool work well for us.
September 1, 2017
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
November 20, 2018

“FinancialForce Helped Streamline My Billing Process ”

OverallFF PSA allowed me to create and bill projects from the quotes and opportunities from our sales team, it helped combine multiple processes that existed before.
ProsI like that FF allowed me to bill directly from projects we created in Salesforce. Previously we had separate systems and it was time consuming. I also like that we are able to customize our project fields and opportunities. I also use the report creating tool a lot.
ConsI sometimes have limitations with specific auto calculations it runs, but they are few at this point.
Regina N.
Solutions Consulting Manager
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
November 27, 2018

“Powerful, but not always in the right places”

ProsIntegrates with SalesForce and NetSuite. Allows resource planning, revenue recognition, and forecasting in one place.
ConsProject planning is rudimentary (Gantt only). No good options for sharing project info with people outside of our organization without extra licenses. Process-heavy features are not a great fit for our organization's culture.
John L.
Senior CRM analyst
Consumer Goods, 501-1000 employees
November 27, 2018

“PSA for Project Management”

ProsA lot of builtin Project Management tools. Somewhat difficult to train Users on, due to the complexity of our requirements and instance. Easy to maintain, add and remove Users.
ConsComplexity. A lot of moving parts in the background. We over designed our instance and the group that uses it only uses about 20% of the capabilities.

“Amazing Features”

OverallWe are using our PSA for time reporting. There are so many additional features like resource requests, project scheduling, and overall project management that we are beginning to explore. We are also setting up our skills management module this quarter, which will allow us to improve utilization within our team.
ProsI appreciate how PSA links with SalesForce and our customer support modules. As a "superuser" I have all the information that I need at my fingertips. I can address questions from different teams (i.e., sales, support, consultants). I also have files and supporting documentation at a click of a button.
ConsThe software isn't very intuitive and can't be installed out of the box and utilized in a day. It takes a few weeks to get accustomed to the functionality, but can take months to explore all of the features. They do have an AMAZING support community. I found that have a relationship with the customer success manager to be most helpful.
Melinda O.
Salesforce Operations manager
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
November 20, 2018

“FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) review”

OverallWe have been able to do better resource allocation and better insights into how utilized our teams are
ProsUtilization and project management as it was able to help us better align resources
Consthe project task gantt was hard to use and did not function properly
Linda N.
Global Services Operations Manager
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees

“Restrictions on Access”

ProsEasy to use Ability to import and export data Easy to Customize
ConsDashboard creations are limited Must purchase additional licenses for those who only need view only access Would like to be able to link to SAP
December 14, 2018

“FinancialForce helps me manage my business!”

ProsFinancialForce is fairly easy to use but you definitely need to have an admin who is savvy with FF & SFDC. Once it is setup how you need it, it is fabulous. Reporting can be challenging at times hence the need for a savvy system admin.
ConsThe need to export things to Excel for extensive reporting and develop pivot tables to get full data analysis. This is really not just a FinancialForce limitation as we had to do this with other tools we have used.
December 14, 2018
Computer Networking, 5001-10,000 employees
November 21, 2018

“Great for Professional Services/Project tracking”

ProsProject Management features are great. Billing and financials tracking too.
ConsConfiguration and setup seem convoluted and can be difficult to understand at times.
Eric E.
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees

“Great reporting functionality”

ProsReporting and ability to run bulk updates to project entries.
ConsSome of the features like setting up automated reports and dashboards are not intuitive
Gabriel N.
Designer
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
November 30, 2018

“Easy to use for the one who knows it. ”

OverallI think this software can get intuitive if it's designed right by management. The options are endless so anyone can build it to be as simple or complex as you want.
ProsI like the fact that its customization is very granular, we are in the process to adapt it to our business and we learn about more and more options that make the automation of processes much easier.
ConsIn general I have had many issues where project deadlines are directly linked to the projects a resource can add to their time cards. I have had many situations where after the project is over, a client requests changes, and I cannot add work hours to my time entry because the project does not show in my selection. Worse part is I have to track the PM to tell them the situation in order have them help you. And that is a bit of a process as well.
Kacy H.
sr business analyst
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees

“analyst / admin”

Prosfunctionality, time tracking ability to use metrics to run business
Consproject mgmt gantt tool, not very easy to use
David E.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
August 31, 2017

“Using SCM and Financial packages for ECommerce”

OverallWould love to see built in EDI support
ProsSalesforce platform, Half Decent API, Great customer support. Allows you to manage things in one place. Lower cost of ownership. Installation and maintenance is nothing compared to most ERP solutions.
ConsAPI could be more developed. Difficult to customize using apex (ie I would love to see some dependency injection here for custom logic of doing some things). ERP software is complex FF is not exclusion.
August 31, 2017
kevin L.
Consultant

“FF Review”

ProsEase of use - all sales and account related material is in one place.
ConsThe UI looks a bit dated but other than that nothing crazy.
November 30, 2018

“Thumbs up to FinancialForce”

ProsThis software is so much better than the previous software we used in the past. Its simple and easy to access and review reporting.
ConsI don't like that with using a MAC I have to expand the screen to sumbit things.
Tiana R.
Sr. Product Consultant
Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

“Way to scale ”

ProsI love that I am able to pull reports, put in staffing requests, manage my budget, manage my team's expenses, and report my own time and expenses in the same place.
ConsSome of the features are not intuitive, like requesting time off.
Nolan M.
Board Of Trustees
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
November 20, 2018

“FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) Review”

ProsThis tool has helped our company get important data that we need.
ConsThis software can be very hard to use and to get the proper configurations unless you hire a specialist or have somebody with experience.
Telecommunications, 5001-10,000 employees
November 27, 2018

“Good tool; can be hard to make the most out of it”

ProsVery powerful tool with a lot of functionality.
ConsIt takes a significant amount of customization in order to make the most of it.
Richard T M.
VP of Customer Experience
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
November 20, 2018

“Reporting good, but very buggy, last generation technology”

ProsProvides an interface to let my staff interact and submit information (time cards, expenses, etc.). The ability to pull reports is very helpful and reduces staff time
ConsIt's very buggy. Crashes at least once a week and our team loses data all the time. For example, saving time cards has been a nightmare. Generally PSA feels like technology and an interface from the early 2000's. It's dated, and not fun to use.
Jim H.

“FF PSA review”

ProsMany features included which fit together well
ConsReporting functionality difficult to use and get the data desired. Does not fit together with SalesForce reporting very well.
Financial Services, 51-200 employees

“FF PSA is a Winner”

ProsSeamless integration with Salesforce CRM. Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface. Super responsive support team. Unlimited flexibility with all the features offered.
ConsThere's some level of complexity involved for beginners considering the sheer number of features available. A lot of updates, at times unnecessary but part of what keeps the FF engine humming along. Could be some improvements to mobile and reporting.
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees

“Depends on your needs”

ProsAlthough I do not love the user interface, Financialforce works consistently.
ConsIt's complicated and lacks basic project management functionality.
John H.
Head of Finance and Administration
December 22, 2011

“Significants improvements to Financial Control for an NGO”

OverallExcellent analysis tools and integration with Excel supports our multiple reporting and wider organisational needs.
ProsExcellent Multi-currency. Dimensions Feature allows the level of reporting we need to comply with multi-country/currency/project/phase/donor requirements. Very easy to use and to train others to use. Excellent import/export facility with Excel. Web based allows field and UK staff to work in real time on the same data.
ConsWe are an NGO, and our requirements are only for General Ledger, so I cannot comment on the pros and cons of the full system. We also use SalesForce; which is a pre-requisite to gain some of the benefits above.
December 22, 2011
51-200 employees
February 16, 2018

“A solid addition to the Salesforce platform for tracking professional services activity”

ProsIt complements the Salesforce application and so skills using and creating reports / dashboards can be transferred
ConsAt times the interface is very extensive and can be overwhelming to users. Many of our staff have failed to create dashboards that reflect their reporting needs
February 16, 2018
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Flexible but clunky”

ProsI really love the flexibility - and that's why we chose it. We are able to operate two separate companies in one instance allowing us to share resources and visibility which is something that most tools couldn't accomplish. With that we were also able to customise the tool for our use, allowing us to mold the tools to our needs vs the other way around
ConsIt's unintuitive and difficult to learn. Configuration and training has been an absolute headache, and the project was almost pulled multiple times due to frustration from those helping test it. We persevered - verdict is still out whether or not it was the right decision.
Michael B.
Operations Manager
December 19, 2011

“Fully Integrated Solution”

OverallIf you are a Salesforce user this is an excellent integrated solution. Sales and finance share the same information. With Financial Force we look at the business financially the same way we look at it operationally.
ProsWeb based, integrated with Salesforce, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to maintain, always up to date, great support
ConsProduct is relatively new so sophistication is developing over time. Reporting is based on standard Salesforce reporting so whilst extremely powerful is non standard for finance- though a product to resolve this is currently in development.
December 19, 2011
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

“Your one stop PSA tool”

ProsIf you have SF CRM and your a prof services org...stop here, this is your tool.
ConsHigh costs of customizations and limited reporting cause a bit of a slow launch. but all the major features are there.
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

“Financial Force”

ProsI liked the accessibility of the information through reports and the fact that is easy to massive upload to add / modify records
ConsThe user interface is very poor, it's not intuitive as it should be.
Zodiac F.
December 12, 2018

“Financial Force ”

ProsA great upgrade from what our company was initially using - easy and straight forward
ConsLike any change it takes time to fully grasp so there is a learning curve
December 12, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

“Excellent Tool”

OverallExtremely satisfied with the feature set provided
ProsVisibility and Tracking of PS Projects provides valuatable insight
ConsIntegration with other Salesforce difficult
Consumer Electronics, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 26, 2018

“Great PSA Software Built on Salesforce Platform”

ProsMy favorite feature is time card entry. It's quick, easy and intuitive to submit time for various projects I'm working on. System is highly configurable to fit our needs and the UI is easy to navigate.
ConsReporting seems to rely on the Salesforce interface and can be a bit slow.
Arty B.
Program Manager
Logistics and Supply Chain, 1001-5000 employees

“FF PSA review”

ProsIt caters to the need of users. Very useful for the professional services team.
ConsDifficult to identify capabilities for each user.
Jonathan S.
Operations Manager
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
October 10, 2017

“Cloud based with solid feature set”

ProsCloud Based and very intuitive. Ties into salesforce and very intuitive as it aligns to the design and flow of SalesForce and ServiceCloud.
ConsExporting data for usage outside of the tool can be a challenge. Separate database is used entirely for the product so it isn't truly integrated with sales and support tools.
October 10, 2017
Internet, 201-500 employees
November 30, 2018

“Decent self-service portal for HR applications”

ProsI can handle most things myself instead of having to reach out to HR staff. It does its job of automating various HR tasks admirably, and seems quite flexible.
ConsThe user interface is pretty dated and can be difficult to navigate. There are so many features it can be difficult to know which one does what I want.
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

“One Satisfied User”

ProsThis tool has revolutionized how our organization handles Professional Services. From giving a single pane of glass, to simplifying processes.
ConsThere is certainly a learning curve, and it took our administrative team some time to get the permissions right for our users.
Mohit A.
Senior Consultant
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
December 31, 2018

“good”

ProsSoftware is awesome and help you in automation
Consnothing in specific which was not of great use
December 31, 2018
Lauren W.
Events
Events Services, 10,001+ employees

“Psa financial for e”

ProsI like how it seems very seamless between departments
ConsThe training that we had to do for the job
Kate E.
October 5, 2016

“FFPSA - complicated to set up and admin”

Overallimplementation was more difficult than expected. Installed 111 custom objects into my org - including the whole FF ERP, even though I'm only using PSA
October 5, 2016
Internet, 201-500 employees
November 20, 2018

“Hard to find things, inaccurate historic tax representation”

ProsIt stores most historic info accurately.
ConsIts a little hard to find stuff. The historic tax burden is not represented correctly. It only reflects the latest tax rate for your stub.
Vikas A.
October 6, 2016

“Review from a user”

OverallGreat app, but bit complex. was awesome superb experience to have this one tell . User interface to be improved.
October 6, 2016
David T.
Sr Director Managed Services
November 27, 2018

“Financial Force helps us a lot”

OverallProfessional Services project reporting and timesheet tracking
ProsAllows us to drive our project based reporting and time tracking for our services business.
ConsUI could be a bit easier when creating projects
Matt A.

March 14, 2018
Aniket S.
Senior Consultant

“FF review”

ProsGood features in the financial force software
ConsLack of proper support while dealing with issues
Internet, 10,001+ employees
November 28, 2018

“Best PSA for Salesforce Users”

OverallFinancialForce PSA is essential for our business to run the services department.
ProsEasily connects our professional services teams with projects and customers in one place. FinancialForce is built natively on the Salesforce Platform so everything is connected. Has everything we need for a PSA tool with an amazing support team.
ConsWith so many features and flexibility in the software, the best options to do something isn't always clear.
November 28, 2018
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
December 22, 2017

“Great app with good functionality”

ProsWeb-based, integrated with Salesforce, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to maintain, always up to date, great support
ConsAPI could be more developed. Difficult to customize using apex. ERP software is complex FF is not exclusion.
December 22, 2017