Eventzilla Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.2/5
4.2/5

About Eventzilla

Eventzilla is a fast growing event ticketing and management platform for conferences, fundraisers, classes, workshops, reunions, concerts, and sports events. We support a wide range of events, that includes events requiring simple RSVPs to large conferences/expos with thousands of attendees with multiple tracks. With Eventzilla, event organizers can sell tickets online, process credit card payments and promote events on social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. Learn more about Eventzilla

Paul C.
CFO & Chief Paper Pusher
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2017

“The Good and the Not So Good - Feature Rich and Affordable”

OverallAffordable event management application that was quick to get up and running
ProsCost - It's cheaper for events then most other solutions, Ticket Pricing - great with coupons and volume discounts, CheckIn - easy with the mobile phone applications, Check Out and Purchase - straight forward and the event pages are pretty good
ConsWe run 30 events or more a year. Our issue is that someone registers or purchases a ticket to an event but can't remember which one. There is no way to search all our event registrations at once, you will need to go into each event and search. This is very frustrating and time consuming. The event page looks great but adding formatted text can be a bit tricky. There were a few events where trying to get the formatting correct was awful and challenging - we just had to go with straight text only approach. When viewing all events there is no option to sort events - alphabetically, dates, etc. it would be great to be able to do this and to sort descending or ascending to find events more quickly. When an order is PENDING (meaning it hasn't been paid for online) the attendee doesn't show up in the attendees report until the order for the registration is PAID. We would prefer to have the attendee list contain a column that indicates if the ticket is paid for or not. That way the mobile registration app could alert us more quickly about payment status.
August 29, 2017
Fritz R.
Sports, 1-10 employees
November 6, 2018

“Great Event Management Software”

OverallI have used for years for both a High School Reunion and several golf tournaments. It works well. Keeps the Management of attendees.
ProsAllows you to quickly setup an event, set the Venue, Set the Tickets. Accept Payments. Notifies you of Purchases. Generally a one stop for the Event. It can handle any type of event.
ConsDid not find it sooner. Would be better if you could spread payments using WEPAY instead of PayPal. It may be a feature but I have not found it. That would be a General Ticket is taken down by a 4 Ticket Purchase. I use Eventzilla for a golf tournament but I have several tickets that are for 4 golfers. We also sell singles. I would like it if I could reduce the Single Player count when a Foursome was purchased. I now do that manually.
November 6, 2018
Jennifer F.
Mom
November 14, 2015

“Relatively easy to use. Your Eventzilla home page can provide you with lots of useful information!”

OverallI used Eventzilla for a 20 year Nursing School reunion. I am not a professional party planner, just a mere mortal with limited computer skills and a desire to see long-lost friends. This website was perfect for us! Attendees could easily pay with a credit card. You then have to set up an account with PayPal (or similar) to have the money deposited into that account. The Eventzilla fee was a dollar per ticket sold. The fee with Paypal was 2.9% of whatever you are charging for your "ticket" plus 30 cents. Setting up the website was fairly easy, although somewhat time consuming (as any website would be). You can get all sorts of helpful information from your home page about website traffic, aborted ticket sales, etc. If you are selling tickets to something and trying to make money doing so (not the case for me) I can see where this info would be very helpful. I did have to contact customer service one time. I was surprised that there is no phone number to call, only an email address. They did respond to my question quickly, and gave me the information I was looking for. My one complaint, is how the page looks where payment takes place. My attendees would decide how many tickets they were purchasing then click the next button. No prob. On the next page they would fill out their personal info so I would know who was purchasing the ticket, then click the next button. No prob. This next page shows a confirmation number with their name. Next to their name they are to pick a payment method (either Paypal or credit card). This payment area is not set up in a clear fashion. That, coupled with the confirmation number, meant quite a few people thought that they were good to go, but in fact, were not, because they hadn't paid! My suggestion is to NOT give a confirmation number before payment is received as well as revamp the look of the payment screen. Having said that, I would definitely use Eventzilla again. If they could fix the payment screen, they would be darn near perfect.
November 14, 2015
Cathy R.
marketing specialist
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
March 23, 2017

“Easy and automated”

OverallWe like this site for its ease of use, but would love the options to search for attendees by name and allow attendees to cancel their own registrations.
ProsFree service, automated emails to participants and organizers, looks good, easy for participants to use.
ConsWould like the option to search for participants by name since we host so many events. We would also like a clearer explanation to participants as to how to cancel their own registration.

By Eventzilla on March 25, 2017
Hi Cathy, Thank you for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs. 1. We do have plans to improve the name search - in the coming weeks, so you can find attendees easily. 2. Attendee self-service is live now. Attendees can view and download their tickets easily. In the near future, we are adding options using which attendees can edit or cancel their registrations - when it is enabled by event organizers. Thanks again, Customer Success Team @Eventzilla
March 23, 2017
Denise S.
July 5, 2017

“The software has gotten better over time. It is not the most intuitive but it certainly gets the job”

ProsI am able to imbed registration linking on to my website. And it works well with PayPal. It isn't hugely expensive.
ConsThat the software doesn't recognize ticketing levels correctly. For example if you have a max registration of 10 and you have deposit, 1sr installment and 2nd installment registration ticket levels, the system will show sold out when 7 deposits, and 3 1st installments are made even though there are 3 spaces left. This is very annoying.
July 5, 2017
Gerald U.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2017

“5 stars all the way...”

OverallI recommend big time... What a great service and easy to use. Further, you get your cash NOW, no need to wait at the end of the event. Customer support is awesome. Bang for the buck...
ProsEverything...
ConsNeed french version option upon registration
Recommendations to other buyersNeed french version option upon registration.

By Eventzilla on March 25, 2017
Hi Gerald, Thanks for choosing Eventzilla for your event registration needs. Great feedback about displaying the language selection option on registration. We plan on implementing you feedback in the next release. Thanks again. Customer Success Team @Eventzilla
March 22, 2017
Kira W.
July 20, 2018

“Great alternative to EventBrite”

OverallOverall I like EventZilla better than EventBrite. Not only for the cost (we are an official non-profit and giving even a small % is a lot to us), but also for the number of features that we get for that cost. Additionally, adding different types of tickets is really helpful because we can accommodate certain scenarios with our students without having to manually manage different, common ticket scenarios (e.g., reduced cost).
ProsI used EventBrite, but switched to EventZilla and continued to use EventZIlla because I feel the following is a better value for my money: - Seemingly more features - More customization of my event - Better admin/management features of the individual events as well as the account as a whole - Analytics on events
Cons- Setting up the payment was a little bit "round about" in understanding how to do so - Refunding/Canceling orders was confusing. The help document did not provide enough clarity. - Inability to transfer registrations between events without refunding money.

By Eventzilla on July 23, 2018
Thanks Kira for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to have you on-board. Our product management team will review the items you had mentioned on your review and add it to your continuous improvement roadmap. Thanks again. - Customer Success Team @Eventzilla
Mayowa A.
Design Engineer
March 21, 2018

“Easy to create events.”

ProsEventzilla makes it easy to create events and customize how I want my event page to look like. It has a simple interface, making it easy for attendees to register for events. I am also able to send messages to my attendees all at once.
ConsI have had trouble paying for event tickets in time past on Eventzilla. Apart from the issues with payment , Eventzilla does a good job in every other area.
March 21, 2018
Tracy F.
Senior Procurement Analyst
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
July 17, 2018

“Versatile event registration site”

OverallEventzilla has been a great tool for my organization for organizing workshops, open houses, and other events.
ProsI like that Eventzilla has a lot of options for my events. I can customize all of the details, as well as ticket types, registration details/questions, response emails, reminder frequency, etc. It gets me the information I need to collect data on my registrants and understand my audience better.
ConsThe software is a little cumbersome at times. Some of the great features are pretty hidden and you really have to look for them. The text box fields are also a little tricky sometimes - especially if you copy and paste formatted text. The text boxes allow for text editing and style options, but it is easy to get weird lingering formatting to stick and make things look funky.
Carol H.
PresidEnt/CEO
July 17, 2018

“Eventzilla Review - Springboro Chamber of Commerce”

OverallExcellent system, we have used for about 4 years.
ProsEase of use, fast response time, immediate posting, easy to clone events and copy events, edit events and use to register for our members.
ConsI dislike sometimes that the system is down during the week. I understand sometimes maintenance has to be done, just wish it would be done in the evenings, or on the weekends.
Cindy H.
Owner, Mental Health Counselor
Education Management, 1-10 employees
November 23, 2017

“It has worked wonderfully for my business.”

OverallThis software is excellent for our purpose. Easy to edit, delete, clone, do attendance. The mobile app is excellent. I have had no changes that I could not figure out. It is very user friendly!
ProsIt is so easy to modify and add to! When I have to delete and re-enter due to a typo, it is very simple to edit. Very user-friendly! Love the mobile app. It is so handy when doing attendance. I really like all of it.
November 23, 2017
Marcellina D.
Associate Director of Programs
Research, 1-10 employees
April 26, 2017

“A user friendly, visually friendly-ish tool that could use some updates”

OverallWe've been using Eventzilla for quarterly classes and event registrations. There are bugs in the system we don't like, but we've figured out a way around some of them to make it work for us. I took on the task of managing the tool without any training provided to me and it's been relatively easy to pick up as the site options are pretty intuitive. The tool has some limitations such as not being able to track sent messages, like when you've notified someone to complete their registration, or when you've notified someone on your waitlist that they can register. Another thing that bothers me is it will not allow us to overbook an event as the the administrator, which means if you cap your event, you have to go through a lengthy and risky process of opening registration up again to the public if you want to register someone on the back-end after your event has reached max cap or it's past the registration deadline. This is something we have to do a lot and it is time-consuming. Overall the tool is useful and pretty user-friendly, but we would like to have better email tracking and customer tracking abilities and will be exploring other options.
ProsEasy to use.
ConsVery little if any tracking capabilities.
Recommendations to other buyersWe need to see metrics, sent emails, track participation in events. And we need to be able to overbook our own events.
Vincent Y.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees

“Six Events Experience”

OverallAlthough this service will improve and has potential to be very good, I would recommend you look at other programs such as Eventbrite and take some notes from their business model. They are very efficient and work very seamless without lag. Although I like your event customizing much better than Eventbrite, the rest has been just off mark. Again, I am sure you will improve over time with feedback such as this.
ProsGreat promise with intuitive layout and customize able layout.
ConsReports and real time operation. When a report is ran, it should be able to be opened within a minute or less. Not be told that it will be emailed when ready. Sometimes it took a few minutes, other times, it took hours or never was emailed. Changes when customizing the event were not quick and sometimes had to wait 5 minutes or more for them to lock in, even after refreshing the cache. Payments would need to post before tickets were issued, and constant complaints from customers that would not receive their tickets and verified by us as well. Real time purchasing information was a let down as well as the app.
Rex B.
semi-retired teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
July 17, 2018

“My experience with Eventzilla”

OverallIt saved the organisers a heap of time, and we rarely had anyone registering that found the registration process difficult to use.
Pros* It really simplified the process of people registering for our workshops, both for them and for us. * When I had an issue with the software, the Eventzilla team got back to me straight away and resolved the problem. * Our workshops had the same format, so we were able to create a new form for registering by just editing an existing form. A real time-saver. * And because we weren't charging teachers for the workshops, it was free to use.
ConsOnly that one issue with the software - we were using a keyboard character in our title that caused the problem. But it was resolved quickly.
Jason S.
Treasurer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
August 4, 2016

“Eventzilla”

OverallWe used the software for about 1 year, as a registration method for a large convention. Overall, the software works well, but there are some flaws, especially with payment methods offered.
ProsEase of tracking total numbers of registrants. The ability to download as an excel file at the end, to manipulate into the sign-in sheets that worked best for us.
ConsThe payment methods offered were limited, and not customizable. Also, PayPal was the "online payment method", but PayPal has serious issues with anyone trying to use their cell phone to pay (instead of a laptop/pc). Also, if someone needed a registration modified (name changes, email changes, etc.) it was extremely time consuming and frustrating to do.
August 4, 2016
Kelsey M.
Marketing Coordinator
Law Practice, 201-500 employees
May 17, 2019

“Great event platform ”

OverallGreat platform does what I need it to do without being difficult to use.
ProsThis product is easy to use. Everything is in individual categories making is step by step to set up for whatever you're trying to use this platform for.
ConsI would like to see a simplified yes or no rsvp without having to be a ticket sale.
May 17, 2019
Chris P.
Business Owner
Events Services, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2019

“A must have for events!”

OverallEventzilla is my go to for all my events. It has allowed me to expand my business and offer customers a quick and easy way to sign up for my events.
ProsEase of use, lots of features to match a variety of events. Easy to customize and personalize.
ConsWould like some additional customization features.
Elizabeth A.
Staff Development Supervisor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
July 23, 2018

“Good Alternative for event registration”

OverallOverall it has been a useful tool. Creating events is really simple and once you have a template, editing it for future events is a snap. Eventzilla also makes check in super simple which has sped up our registration check in lines. I do wish there was a way to do a few customizations on the tickets. We often giveaway items at our events and wish you could print things like sizing or some sort of code on each person's ticket. Its not a deal breaker by any means, would just be a nice feature.
ProsOverall it is easy to use and customize. We use it for internal events that our staff attend and customizing it to our needs is pretty easy.
ConsOccasionally editing is difficult. If you are creating a multiple choice option and make a mistake, its not easy to just edit the one line that has a mistake, rather you have to delete it which then changes the order of how you had things listed. This can be corrected, but its an extra step I'd rather not have to make.
Melinda M.
August 23, 2017

“We love Eventzilla!”

OverallEase of managing registration and I love that it's free. We are a non-profit so it's so appreciated that you keep the basic free!
ProsI was hesitant to try a registration management site I had not heard of before, but I went ahead and did it. I've been very impressed in how great it works! It's pretty easy to use and if you can't find something, you can search the Q&A section. I've been using it a little over a year now for various events for our non-profit and I love the fact they keep the costs low, and even free for the general system. We will continue to use and promote Eventzilla whenever possible!
ConsHonestly, I can't think of any. I've noticed it has a tendency to remove my cover photo at times and rearrange my custom questions. But those are just little quirks that are easy to work around. Just double check everything before publishing the event!
August 23, 2017
Edgar R.
Consultor en comunicación y tecnologías de información
Performing Arts, 201-500 employees
December 21, 2018

“Big Ticket Platform For Any Size Event”

OverallWe run many cultural events and performances, all free of charge. So we needed a professional solution for ticket handling that solves many logistic issues, starting with ticket sale windows, personel, ticket printing and event entrance control. With Eventzilla we solved all these issues and many more. Social marketing gets boosted on the fly and post event CRM is pretty cool and helpful also.
ProsEverything! It's really easy to set up and to customize your event tickets. Plus the fact that you can do check-ins with a barcode scanner or your mobile phone gives your attendees a much better impression of your events. Social media promotion is a great plus, but getting feedback from your attendees with customizable surveys gives Eventzilla a big plus over other ticket software.
ConsNo sitting map configuration yet. Other than that, everything is great.
December 21, 2018
Cathy B.
Administrative Assistant
May 11, 2017

“Mixed reviews”

OverallReduces some of my workload but then again it also increases my workload in other areas (tracking/maintaining details)
ProsOrganizes registrations in one location, and forces the individuals to register themselves. (I don't have to take phone calls/emails to register individuals into a spreadsheet and use a different system to collect payment.)
ConsWish comments could be updated after submitted into the system. Example: for individuals wishing to pay by check, I invoice them so their status changes from pending to confirmed so I have an accurate count for attendance to a training session/luncheon, etc. Also, clients are having difficulty paying by credit card - some don't want to use paypal but there is a button that allows them to click - this then puts their registration into an incomplete status. I have to then follow up with them to collect payment. Very frustrating. Customer service is also very poor in that - I have to email and wait over 24 hours or schedule a time for a call back (which often when I need help it's NOW!) I also can't get other registered administrators to be able to log in on their own accounts. They all use my log-in and password. :(
May 11, 2017
Carla H.
Director Marketing and Sales Support
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
June 18, 2019

“Eventzilla is the BEST on the Marketing”

OverallExcellent
ProsEventzilla is extremely easy to use and easy to customize. The registration reports are robust. This is my favorite tool on the market. Much better than eventbrite
ConsWish we could print custom name badges and have a digital check-in app from Eventzilla. QR codes would be helpful as well.
June 18, 2019
wayne a.
Vice President and Exec Committee
Sports, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2018

“tickets for events, dinners, courses, etc...”

OverallOur organization uses the tickets for dinner events, courses, and gift cards. We are limited in what we can raffle and be supported with.
ProsEase to setup account, create organization tailored tickets, and be live within minutes. Important to have Eventzilla review your business as well as whoever who choose to do the credit card transactions. Some types of transactions are not supported by every card processor and can be disappointing to find-out later when you have a ticket live that it gets shut down. Core value proposition for our org is we are too small and too few transactions to get into a merchant account cost effectively....so the pay as you go model is ideal.
ConsWe found no major issues. We did review EventBrite and Picatic (now part of EventBrite).
December 4, 2018
Dana S.
Managing Broker
September 7, 2017

“Fabulous software to publish our monthly Continuing Education calendar for real estate”

ProsEase and flexibility for event creation & contact with attendees. it is so easy to create an event & link a Google map to the location. I also like that I may customize an email when someone purchases a ticket & send the attendees a reminder or change about the event.
ConsSetting up a waiting list is a bit confusing & not automated. I wish that it was automated so when an attendee cancels, the system would automatically go to the wait list & send the next person in line an email to register for an available seat. It seems that I have to do that manually - unless I just haven't figured that part out!
September 7, 2017
Barry R.
Orthodontist/Educator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
April 27, 2017

“Running a business on my own...”

OverallI didn't mean for it to become a business. I just thought I had some space and could let people use it to give dental continuing education. Before I knew it, I had 25 classes running each year and it's growing. A secretary? No need. I run it with Eventzilla! Promotion, registration, attendee lists, refunds (through PayPal). It couldn't be simpler. My only complaint is that some of my tuitions are pretty large and I pay a hefty fee with the flat percentage even though there is no extra work for that. But that does cover their free service, too, so what the heck.
ProsPretty easy to run.
ConsSometimes I find certain things hard to find....have to go through different sections to find what I'm looking for. Can't remember examples offhand.
April 27, 2017
August 31, 2018

“Great tool for organising events”

OverallWe've used eventzilla to organise our national fundraising challenge events, allowing people to sign up for mountain climbs and pay for their ticket at the same time as accepting T&C's and finding out more information about the event. It was really easy to set up and to manage the event and much easier than dealing with hundreds of emails!
ProsIt's easy to use and simple to personalise the events to incorporate your own branding and design. The notification settings are also easy to adjust to suit and reporting works really well. There are a lot of functions for a simple looking interface.
ConsNothing, it all does what we want it to!
August 31, 2018
Financial Services, 1-10 employees

“Simple set up”

ProsI like that our free events do not cost us anything to register our attendess. Multiple currencies for our paid events are definitely a benefit to our global business. Customer service - always quick to reply
ConsI would like to drag and drop the order of my sponsors instead of having to re-input them to reflect their order of importance.
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
April 19, 2017

“Eventzilla is a great asset to our sales team!”

ProsEventzilla is easy to learn and navigate. It makes managing RSVP lists for events easy and allows customization depending on registration process. The event pages created are clean and neat and user friendly for attendees that are registering for the event.
ConsThere are some limitations if you need to create a detailed (multiple choice) registration page. Sometimes the font format can be difficult to format under Event Information. Would like if you could customize event page with more options.
April 19, 2017
Jessica T.
Owner/Organizer
Events Services, Self-employed

“Always Getting Better”

OverallI obviously really like Eventzilla, as I switched to using them in 2014 and have stuck with them. Getting a custom URL, getting money deposited weekly (and not at the end of my event like other sites), and a slew of other features make it a really great choice.
ProsI love the functionality vs. price. I have been using Eventzilla for several years now and they are always improving the functionality, yet the price to the consumer is always low compared to other ticketing sites.
ConsI think some menus could be streamlined and easier to find/navigate, but it's a very small complaint and not a huge deal.
Kim V.
Program Manager - Curriculum Developer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
July 20, 2018

“Eventzilla for scheduling software user group meetings”

OverallOverall, great product for the price!
ProsFree! Nice look to the published event website. Allows for tickets to not be required, sends reminders about the event, allows for waitlisting and setting capacity on tickets.
ConsThe UX could be simplified. I use this tool quarterly and have for almost five years now and I still have to search around for areas where I need to make edits. I really wish the text entry fields had better WYSIWYG editing capabilities. I don't know HTML code and if my font sizing is off or I want to change a color, it is rather difficult.
Cayce B.
Assistant Director of Leadership Development
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees

“Great registration tool!”

ProsEventzilla has been super easy to set up and utilize for our events and programs that both require payment and those that don't! Linking to paypal was super simple and straightforward. Eventzilla customer service has also been quick to respond!
ConsThe only issue that has come to mind is super unique for arranging a conference on our campus to accept payments through a bank account.

By Eventzilla on July 23, 2018
Thanks Cayce for sharing your feedback about Eventzilla's customer service. We do have bank transfer as a payment option to collect payments. You can contact us at help@eventzilla.net to learn more about it. We are thrilled to have you on-board and look forward to assisting you. - Customer Success Team @Eventzilla
col s.
Regional Trainer
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
January 4, 2018

“I like the professionalism it provides me and ease of use.”

ProsThat it is web based and easy to access and edit when needed. I like that I can copy and event and edit it with a new link. That is a time saver.
January 4, 2018
Sandy S.
Artistic Director
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
July 31, 2019

“Eventzilla Review”

OverallWe have been very satisfied with Eventzilla.
ProsEventzilla is an economical and viable alternative to more expensive ticketing systems. Eventzilla is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. We were sold by the daily payment option and lower costs compared to competitors.
ConsThe Help section doesn't cover some topics. We had a problem with a couple events with multiple dates and times cutting off ticket sales way too early and I have yet to figure out how to set the TOTAL number of seats/tickets available correctly when assigning ticket price levels. We had several complaints from patrons when using PayPal payments but most issues were resolved once we used the internal WePay option.
July 31, 2019
Carol R.
Educational Consultant
Education Management, Self-employed
July 29, 2019

“Gets the Job Done”

OverallIt was fairly easy to use with a low cost.
ProsIt was simple to duplicate my events from last summer and edit them for this summer.
ConsI had difficulties getting the coupon codes and online payments to work.
July 29, 2019
Patrick B.
Board Member
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
September 4, 2018

“Great for Event Management”

OverallVery positive. I tried a bunch of other Event managers and this one was the most flexible for my needs of scheduling a dinner for my scout troop.
ProsIt was easy to setup and configure to personalize for my Boy Scout troop. It was also free for the type of events that we host from time to time.
ConsSome of the options we a bit challenging to find, and I had to dig through menus to get to them. Perhaps a single page with more of the options would be better than multiple pages tied together with navigation.
September 4, 2018
Anna D.
HR
Education Management, 51-200 employees
August 6, 2018

“Great way to manage and set up an event!”

OverallWe love that Eventzilla allows you to make your own questions as part of registration in order to correctly collect all of the data needed to ensure we are set up. Highly recommended!
ProsI love that Eventzilla is a trusted site that has been around for 9 years. It offers setting up the event, sending invites, collecting payments, as well as tracks attendance to give you great data.
ConsWe had a glitch a few years ago with the ticket posting, but it was corrected. Very few errors, great product. Well worth it!
August 6, 2018
Melissa M.
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

“Feedback ”

OverallSo far I've had a good experience few kinks but overall it does what I need and the fees are low compared to other sites..
Pros It's fast and efficient and my customers don't have issues With purchasing tickets
ConsThat I can't add photos for me Merchandise add ons...
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
July 17, 2018

“Easy to use for different types of events”

OverallWe have a midday event for moms and their children at our church. I needed a method to know who was coming each time so that I could plan appropriately for childcare. Eventzilla made this a simple process for me to set up and for our moms to use.
ProsI liked being able to personalize my use of Eventzilla for different types of events. I work in church ministry and have used this for ticket sales and just simple registrations. It helped me tremendously to be able to build my own registration forms with specific questions based on the needs of the event.
ConsIt took me a little while to learn how to effectively use the waiting list feature with my sales and registrations. I would have a limited number of spots and needed an easy way for a customer to cancel their ticket and the next person on the waiting list to be notified.
Becky D.
Education Management, Self-employed
August 28, 2017

“Eventzilla has been easy to use and handles registration for my events seamlessly. ”

ProsIt is easy to input information and update from previous events (I use copy event a lot because I have similar events running every year.
ConsI wish it was possible to pick the fields we wanted exported, however, as it currently exists (exporting to a .csv file with additional information) still works. This is not a big problem - just what I like least. Ok, one more thing. Wish there were more templates to choose from for background picture during registration.
August 28, 2017
Murrel R.
Non-Profit Organization Management, Unspecified
June 30, 2017

“Very practical and useful. Good features and support.”

ProsProvides good value at low investment of time & money. We have reconsidered Event Brite from time to time, it has better features, but still select EventZilla. Writing our own from scratch is too expensive.
ConsLacks good field edits. Numbers should have field length, upper & lower boundary checks etc. We have an online membership database that we would like to use to validate attendees but there seems to be no way to embed code to validate member numbers against those entered in the field.
June 30, 2017
Jonathan G.
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
June 25, 2019

“Great alternative to the other platforms”

OverallI run webinars and was using an event platform with my email platform but Eventzilla is much better. I can set up my webinar events in minutes, and start receiving signups! Duplicating events is easy. New events is also easy!
ProsWhen I needed an event platform quickly, Eventzilla was the perfect solution - no monthly fees, easy to use, great features. I haven't looked back. Thank you!!!
ConsI really do not have any cons to list. It does exactly what I need it to do.
June 25, 2019
Ross S.
Entertainment, Self-employed

“Need an app”

ProsCost is better than other services I've looked at. Pretty easy to use and I'm able to input all the information and forms I require for registration.
ConsNo app. Although possible through the website, it would be nice to have an app to make check in easier when out of service areas.

By Eventzilla on July 23, 2018
Thanks Ross for sharing your feedback. We do have an app for both iPhone and Android users to track registrations in real-time and check-in attendees by scanning the QR code on tickets. Here are the links: iPhone app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eventzilla/id525214852?mt=8 Android app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmail.EventZillaAppStore&hl=en_US - Customer Success Team @Eventzilla
Denise S.
Photographer
Photography, 1-10 employees
July 21, 2018

“Almost perfect”

OverallIt's good but there a lot of room for improvement.
ProsThe interaction with PayPal is great and it allows folks to use their own credits cards to maximize points etc.
ConsThere is no way to create a reply email (like a thank you) to a registration. Just a like box. I think this could be substantially better. Also the ticket limit is ridiculous. If you have an event with a limit of 10 spots, and you want to stagger payments (1/3, 1/3, 1/3) the system will show sold out when 10 payments are received. So 7 pay the first 1/3, 3 go to pay the second 1/3. When the 4th goes to make a second payment they get sold out. It's forced me to go to invoicing through PayPal.
July 21, 2018
Angela K.
Executive Director
July 17, 2018

“Eventzilla makes it easy!”

OverallEventzilla allows us to sign up volunteers for our non-profit events for free or low cost. We've looked at other 3rd party sign-ups, but Eventzilla offers the best.
ProsMost options we need are free. It is relatively easy to use on both ends.
ConsSome of the features go a bit too deep to set up so if you don't go step by step, link by link, you may miss setting up something properly. Can't always tell if emails are being sent and received to registrants.
Paul C.
CFO
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2017

“Robust solution and gives us the features we were missing from other registration vendors.”

OverallNot having to build our own registration system, downloadable reports
ProsThe product covers all our must-have features. Paying to remove the logo and branding is something to consider for a more professional approach to the registration page. There are a lot of features to choose for customization.
ConsThe total count of registrations on the dashboard only displays that count of CONFIRMED and PAID registrations. It would be nice to see the PAID versus UNPAID registrations. By Unpaid registrations, I am referring to those registrations that are requesting to pay at the door or pay by invoice. Having that on the dashboard would make it easier for event managers to see a larger picture of what to expect on the event day (how many people are showing up to make a payment on the day of the event) to help with staffing at the registration desk. It would be an improvement to pay a yearly fee to remove Eventzilla branding and logos from ALL events we schedule. We currently have 18 events and it was overwhelming for our finance folks to get 18 invoices for the fee to remove Eventzilla branding.
April 30, 2017
Joshua L.
IT Officer / Social Media Manager
Sports, 11-50 employees
April 26, 2017

“A great easy to use "affordable" ticketing platform. ”

OverallI find the workflow easy, and I like that eventzilla keep their naming conventions standardized - there are no tabs with misleading names (which leads to much less menu-diving) - overall 5/5
ProsWorkflows are easy to figure out and editing on the fly is great - most other systems lock you in to a "Generated Inventory" - so if you make a typo or have to change to STOP SELL date you can't do those on the fly edits like you can with Eventzilla
ConsAn aggregated Order/Attendee report would be great! We normally have to print both to get all the details together (for our use-case).
Recommendations to other buyersA on-screen visual guide that helps to push users below the fold - we've had customers tell us they could find where to input their information - it turned out the spacing on the page template had pushed the fields way down below the fold with a larger than expected gap in between.
Kim G.
COO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2019

“The Platform for Online Event Registration”

OverallOur business, a mid-sized YMCA, did not have a user-friendly, secure way to accept credit card payments. Eventzilla is a game changer for us.
ProsEventzilla is user-friendly, easily customizable and offers a secure way to take credit card payments online.
ConsLet me first say that this product is awesome! The only drawback for my business is that Eventzilla - as the name implies - is designed for events. We would love to be able to use this platform for all credit card transactions, including annual campaign donations, youth sports sign ups, membership payments, etc. The "Ticket" verbiage, which can't be modified, is awkward for purposes outside events. However, this is the best online registrations software we've found and we are very pleased.
February 22, 2019
Events Services, Self-employed
January 14, 2019

“Eventzille Review”

OverallI had a problem with funds from ticket sales being available before the event date launch....which is important if ticket sales are a primary revenue base to pay entertainment
ProsThe software was very easy to navigate and I especially enjoyed the ease of use of the invite. Everything linked up perfectly , there were no errors at all related to functionality.
ConsI would have to say in comparison to Eventbrite , Eventzilla wasn't as connected to the google search engines as immediately as Eventbrite. I expected to be live on the web search engines much sooner then I was.
January 14, 2019
Izabela S.
Training Program Manager
Education Management, 1-10 employees
July 9, 2019

“Feedback”

ProsConvenience of accessing it anywhere, PayPal integration
ConsCumbersome user interface, does not adapt well to mobile.
July 9, 2019
Danielle S.
Owner | Director | Designer
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2018

“Best entry-level ticket sales/reg platform online”

OverallWe needed an online system to take hundreds of solo,duet, trio dance registrations for a video dance contest as well as to process ticket sales for the live event. We needed it to have low fees (or zero) as well as the ability to pass on fees to the customer. Eventzilla did all of this easily! From customizing the registration forms to processing refunds and exporting reports - it was a breeze!
ProsEverything! Very user friendly interface, all of the basic features anyone would need and the price is right!
ConsIt would have been nice to be able to completely customize the ticket/reg main page a bit more.
November 27, 2018