Information Builders WebFOCUS Ratings

Overall

About Information Builders WebFOCUS

Information Builders WebFOCUS is the industrys most flexible and pervasive BI and analytics platform, able to deliver a broad range of governed analytical tools, applications, reports, and documents to any and all business stakeholders. It is a comprehensive platform that provides an array of analytical and operational benefits inside and outside the enterprise, whether to management, analysts, line-of-business workers, partners or customers. Learn more about Information Builders WebFOCUS

Liessa C.
Sr Mgr Financial Planning, Reporting, & Analysis
201-500 employees
July 25, 2017

“Real feedback based on real life experience ”

OverallCustomer support is really great. Nice people.
ProsOK, this will sound like a promo - but this is real feedback based on real life experience using various BI and FR tools over the years. Over the last decade Finance/BI has inherited many ops tasks as traditional IT departments push to migrate BI and financial reporting to "user self-service". (Keeps their headcount down and mine up!) WebFocus has all the 'sexy' stuff that software vendors are promoting. Great, but I am a production shop and 90% of what we do is just day-to-day critical. WebFocus provides the three critical components I need from a BI software package: InfoAssist helps us manage through staffing churn. I don't need to hire BI staff with WebFocus experience as most Individuals with any kind of BI experience can launch InfoAssist and figure it out themselves. Reportcaster: My staff can manage standard scheduled report distribution in Reportcaster. Once set up it's easy to maintain. Speed: "Instant" graphs and analytics is today's expectation. We've got more data than we have time to do report development, so WebFocus gets us to the data for all the one-off reports and charts.
ConsThis is not really a con, but a heads up. WebFocus is a robust BI tool. Setup and security requires your IT Department's "buy in" to support the tool. Yes, it's a BI reporting package, and it can be used for just that, but WebFocus can do so much more - and sooner or later you'll want the 'more'
July 25, 2017
John S.
Government Administration, 10,001+ employees
October 3, 2019

“WebFOCUS as the go-to app for data dissemination”

OverallMy users throughout the state of New Jersey are finally buying into the fact they can create 'what-if' scenarios and modelling with the data I'm preparing for them.
ProsAccessibility to data regardless of where it is stored. Easeat which to disseminate the reports I generate. Ease of use of the Security Package whereby I can allow or disallow access to data, folders or a single call of a report.
ConsWe seem to always be on the cutting edge of the product and what we want to do. Sometimes it seems like we are the first to come up with a particular question. But an answer is always forthcoming even if it is not instantaneous.
Tim B.
Software Engineering Architect
Wholesale, 1001-5000 employees
October 27, 2017

“WebFOCUS is a workhorse. It handles the needs of our entire spectrum of users.”

OverallThis software meets all of the enterprise reporting needs for our organization. From singe-click users to our most advanced super users.
ProsWebFOCUS does it all in an single platform. From an entry-level single-click user to our most advanced super users running their own ad hoc queries. It is our enterprise reporting solution, and almost every department in our company uses it in one way or another. It is almost unheard of when we run into a reporting challenge that WebFOCUS cannot handle. It is extremely flexible and robust.
ConsFlexibility comes with complexity, that is a fact of life, and a fact of this software too. When diving into more advanced features, there is a certain level of necessary complexity. Customizations are also a bit of a trap when it comes to future upgrades. We have learned the hard way that just because we can do something a certain way doesn't necessarily mean we should. A fully customized application will work beautifully in the current version, but will make upgrades an uncomfortable experience. Lastly, the GUI for WebFOCUS has not always been the sleekest visually. This is rapidly changing for the better, but historically has lagged behind other reporting vendors.
October 27, 2017
Larissa B.
Business Intelligence Application Administrator
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
May 23, 2018

“The suite of products is great, learning curve can be quite high.”

OverallLarge insights to data trends which were otherwise not noticed. Efficiencies have been made to daily/weekly/monthly tasks by using excel sync's to bring in refreshed data that we couldn't not have mapped into our warehouse. By using this tool, we have created a very efficient report writing team that is spread across our organization and are data experts at an individual department level structure.
ProsIt's a wide open platform with endless customization options. We have yet to run into an issue that was not able to be met by the work done in webfocus. They're online presence is wonderful for tech support and forums which often find us most of our solutions to any sticky situations.
ConsSo many individual pieces in this suite of products, that it's sometimes confusing as to what you actually own, what you need to buy and what you are getting by with. Upgrades happen quite often, so if you don't have a dedicated system engineer to devote time for upgrades, you'll be bringing in your system engineer that was provided by IBI.
Insurance, 201-500 employees
May 23, 2018

“The Better Game in Town with room to expance”

OverallI can produce operational and financial reports much easier and quicker than the groups that manage and develop the source systems the data comes from.
ProsIt's very easy to connect different data sources and start mapping your data and building intelligent reports. I haven't found a relevant data source, yet, that WebFOCUS can't connect to. The latest versions of the product make user interaction extremely intuitive and put a lot of power in the hands of end users to create their own dashboards and reports from managed data sources. With the full AppStudio development tool, extremely complicated scenarios can be analyzed and developed by your developers and published to the users.
ConsUntil very recently, there was not a good method for Source Control of WebFOCUS content. For any company that has their BI fall under SOX Audit controls, this might be a little difficult to deal with.
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
January 1, 2019

“The strength is in mining data”

OverallThe main use for me is to create dashboards. Dashboards being data represented in a graphical interface for quick-hitting analysis, especially by C-level personnel. WebFocus has its own proprietary language, which is basically a version of SQL. This knowledge can help when it comes to constructing more detailed queries that cannot be achieved with the GUI. One of the strengths of WebFocus is that it can integrate with numerous DBs, including relational and hierarchical DBs. I've used Focus (the MF and PC version prior to WebFocus) and have seen this tool evolve into its current incarnation which is suited for the internet (web page) world.
ProsThe focus (no pun) on grabbing data and messaging it into meaning information. Specifically, the tools to achieve that are in one place and helpful in constructing pages to analyze data, such as dashboards. I like that I can take a deeper dive into queries by crafting my own WebFocus queries (knowledge of Focus 4GL required).
ConsWebFocus does take some training to put together meaningful reports and dashboards. Some aspects are easy to use without any exposure, but IBI promotes their training courses for a reason. This may be a con in that most people expect to create content immediately. To get to the next level, you will need to take more courses. Some tools are hidden and could be more straight-forward.
January 1, 2019
Andrew H.
Business Intel Analyst
July 17, 2017

“Build Robust and Easy-to-use Customer Portals ”

ProsThe company I work for has many existing reports in OLAP and other formats. They purchased WebFocus to begin building out and modernizing client portals, with more visually-appealing charts and graphs in dashboard layout. On top of this, my team and I were all brand new to WebFocus. Within a few months of implementing WebFocus, and partnering with a couple of WebFocus consultants (whom are top-notch by the way), we successfully launched our first client portal on the WebFocus platform. I joined the team earlier this year, so I wasn't involved in the evaluation process, but from what I hear of the other tools that were evaluated, we would have already surpassed their capabilities early on in our project. From what I have seen so far, WebFocus is a very powerful BI tool, with probably more capabilities than we have would ever think of using. We've yet to reach the limits of the tool, and believe me when I say that we have tried.
ConsThe WebFocus format and language is a little different than what I already knew. So there is a learning curve. However, with some training, and the will to learn, it gets much easier in a few months.
Michael W.
Business Manager - School of Fine Arts
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
May 24, 2018

“Amazingly versatile, however it does carry a significant learning curve to maximize that versatility”

OverallEnvironment to automate regular reporting and to expand and enhance the availability of data to my organization.
ProsNumerous export formats, versatile software which offers a savvy developer several avenues to accomplish the requirements of their audience. The Active Format is a very unique offering allowing developers to give users the ability to drive their own analysis from reports through sorting, filtering, charting and being able to export their work.
ConsFOCUS itself has a steep learning curve that is very dependent on the capabilities of the entity that is going to implement and use it. Your environment will carry a heavy influence on how successful the implementation will be. Management will need a measure of patients and need to invest in users to learn, documents and carry that intelligence throughout the organization.
Mitchell C.
Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
August 1, 2017

“Reliable, Robust, User Friendly, and Flexible.”

OverallRobust Reports and Charts; Business users can easily develop reports
Pros- As an IT professional, I find WebFOCUS to be a powerful reporting tool which meets very diversified demands within my organization. - Allows non-developers to quickly create reports and charts without a lot of technical know how. - The applications can handle processing large amounts of data in a short period of time. - Technical support staff is knowledgeable and turnaround time for resolving issues is excellent. - Creating ad hoc reports in InfoAssist allows business users to quickly analyze data.
ConsHave experienced a few hiccups when upgrading from one release to another, but with the assistance of their technical support team, we were able to resolve issues promptly.
Airlines/Aviation, Unspecified
December 11, 2017

“Great product, very flexible and powerful”

ProsI like the fact that WebFocus is able to solve a lot of problems. It is the type of reporting tool where if you want to accomplish something, there is a way to do it in WebFocus, complicated or simple. Email distribution is by far one of my favourite, we can customize reports to be sent out, embed them in emails, make multiple attachments. Active PDF is also very powerful too.
ConsEase of use is a main struggle point for the software. I find its hard to teach a new user how to use the power user tools at this point in time. Having attended their user conference, I have seen some new improvements and redesigns in the next release that will change my mind on this point. Ease of use is very important for user adoption.
December 11, 2017
Michael B.
Senior Consultant

“WebFOCUS 8x”

OverallAs a long-time developer and dev manager, I have a very high opinion of WebFOCUS. It's complexity is due to it's depth and breadth. I know that no matter what challenge my team encounters, we can solve it with WebFOCUS.
ProsMy team at a federal agency has used Information Builders platforms for more than 10 years to manage and report on financial data. The single biggest advantages that the WebFOCUS products share is their flexibility and adaptability. The ability to create anything and connect to everything is huge.
ConsThe flip-side to WebFOCUS's tremendous flexibility is its maturity and complexity. The platform has existed for so long and attempts to accomplish so much that the ramp-up for new developers can feel daunting.
Mitch d.
BI Manager
August 23, 2017

“WebFocus is easy to use, powerful, and intuitive”

OverallWebFocus has all the features that our small/medium sized company needs. We've been able to build complex dashboards/portals, and the tools are easy to work with.
ProsThe ability to easily switch between a graphical interface and a text editor. I usually start the build of a new report with the GUI. It allows me to see what I'm building as I add columns, titles, and features. However, when I'm troubleshooting a report, I tend to use the text editor, which allows me to look directly at the code. When working in the editor, changes can be made quickly, and large chunks of code can easily be cut and pasted to expand the functionality of the report.
ConsThe software is fine. If I can a con, it would be some of the junior customer service folks that weren't able to resolve certain issues. Overall, however, the senior folks at Info. Builders have a wealth of knowledge.
August 23, 2017
Rob F.
IT Manager
Insurance, Unspecified
November 24, 2015

“Information Builders Builds Relationships”

ProsInformation Builders is not just a company and it doesn't sell just products and services. They are a partner who ensures that you succeed and they will not talk you into a product that you don't need. When you have a question or concern someone is always more than willing to help you out... with enthusiasm and competence. The product is dynamic and robust to ensure that the business needs are met - technically as well as in usability.
ConsInformation Builders was a little slow to innovate into the 21st century until recently. The past version of WebFOCUS felt like it was still in the early 2000's, but with the release of WebFOCUS 8 they are relevant and innovating the in analytics space.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen choosing a BI vendor and software make sure to choose a vendor who will understand your company and culture. After that you can evaluate the functionalities of the software, but the reality is that all software has strengths and weaknesses and it is crucial that your corporate culture and the relationship with the vendor are in lock step to deliver success. The greatest software in the world won't consistently deliver effectively if other pieces are disjointed and there isn't common communication.
November 24, 2015
John K.
Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“WebFOCUS ”

ProsWebFOCUS is a flexible BI platform that allows developers to empower basic and power user internally and externally.
ConsThe frequent upgrades that break older content
Brian N.
BI Developer III
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
June 4, 2019

“Feature Rich & East to Use”

OverallWe are helping our clients with modern ways to look at their data to make real time business decisions that continue to propel their businesses to the next level. WebFocus has provided every thing we have needed to create what our company calls raving fans.
ProsFrom self-service to complicated analytic reporting needs, the WebFocus platform has fulfilled every need our company has demanded. The transition of modernizing our business platform as the WebFocus platform advances has been relatively smooth process.... and they have always been right there to guide and help with any difficulties we have encountered.
ConsI do not have any cons with my experiences with WebFocus.
Retail, 10,001+ employees
September 26, 2018

“WebFocus - a heavier, more robust SQL”

OverallAppStudio is so much better than DevStudio. I can see many benefits to using this software. We allow users to pull exactly the data they need without having to write or understand SQL. This makes out backend more secure, and makes the whole process smoother for the user.
ProsWe use AppStudio to create and maintain procedures (.fex). I really like the diversity in commands. You are able to join and manipulate data more than with raw SQL. I also like the option to use their GUI or their raw text editor.
ConsIt is confusing. Although they allow use of a GUI to make the software "easier" to use, there are many things that can ONLY be accomplished using the base FOCUS code. In addition, many times you have to pass over the data multiple times in order to actually get what you want out of it.
September 26, 2018
Lorne C.
Sr. Business Intelligence / Analytics Consultant
August 1, 2017

“Information Builders is truly a partner for success. They are always willing to work with you to implement successful solutions and continuously listen to specific customer needs. Many of the features in new releases are directly related to customer reque”

OverallInformation Builders is an innovative company and their products continue to improve. Given the success, experience and age of the company, they have proven to be a trustworthy business partner.
ProsThe WebFOCUS product can handle most if not all reporting requests, functionality is wide spread. If the product needs to be improved then IBI will partner with you to find a solution and/or improve the offering with new features.
ConsDepending on the user the learning curve can be a bit high; users should start with the basics and build from there. Even with that though, a user should be able to gain momentum by having success early on.
Marita L.
Data Analyst Software Engineer
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

“WebFocus Review”

OverallI have worked with WebFOCUS for almost 20 years and I have watched it grow into the tool it is today.
ProsI like that you can combine data from all sources into one single report or chart and the user will not know how many data sources were used or notice any lag time from retrieval
ConsThe composers still crash when working in them and it is not easy to modify a page once it is created. Also you cannot get to the code behind and there is still old control code left over after they have been removed from the pages. This can cause browsers to get confused and pages to slow down when loading
David F.
VP of Reporting
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
June 5, 2019

“WebFocus 8”

OverallIBI has allowed us to allow our clients to peer into our billing system, to give information around collection data, member account demographics, etc. Providing that transparency to our clients assist greatly in the very important relationship between ABC Financial and our clients.
ProsThe full suite on the platform allows us so many options for our clients, including standardized visualizations, custom/self-service visualization options, and modern automated options through ReportCaster (In-document analytics, InfoGraphics, etc.).
ConsAt the moment, there is nothing our business needs that IBI cannot provide.
June 5, 2019
Thomas C.
Infrastructure Architect/Engineer
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
October 30, 2018

“Best Customer Support in the Industry”

ProsFantastic, involved, motivated customer support team Infographics are the best new feature to come along in quite awhile Reporting Server is very fast - generally sub-second query time for a lot of queries, regardless of data source; server time is also minimal Relatively easy to host multiple, separated applications with separate user groups and roles
ConsData adapter management AppStudio software still needs an overhaul - unintuitive and ungainly (3GB???) AppStudio licensing (vs Reports Developer) - reduce that to one version
October 30, 2018
MIRANDA M.
DEVELOPER
December 7, 2017

“it is an excellent company”

OverallI was able to create fast dashboards. I become a very experience developer using the app studio.
ProsI like the new look of App Studio . it can do many powerful things. I loved the html composer and the easy way to create the new portals. In a few minutes you can create powerful dashboards.
Consinfoassist since I did not used it so often. Sometimes the workarounds do not work. Most of the things are documented but sometimes some specific things we need to search in google to find the answer. sometimes takes too long to solve an issue.
Linh D.
BI Consultant
Information Services, 201-500 employees
June 4, 2019

“Review of WebFocus from SLGA”

OverallRapid development helps quick delivery to upper management. More graph library and functions would be great since I do a lot of graphs.
ProsNew IA features and ease of use. New page designer reduced development time and create a standardized look and feel of a professional page.
ConsBuilding business view and metadata can be more streamline. Changes made in one area should be cascade down to other related view without having to remember to change things in multiple places. More automated process to build a view.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees
October 31, 2018

“A Very Powerful Platform with excellent support”

OverallWe have made extensive use of dashboards, reports and business critical analytics decision making processes. It has truly made a positive impact on our bottom line.
ProsThe platform is very flexible and deep in capabilities. There has been no problem that our company has not been able to solve with it.
ConsThe self service capabilities of previous versions have been more like developer tools and not intuitive for business users to work with. This seems to be resolved in the latest version soon to be released.
October 31, 2018
Leah M.
Sr Data Analyst
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees

“Good for Dashboards”

OverallIt is a great tool for building more complex reports and dashboards. Would just like to see more resources and learning documents.
ProsThe integration of HTML and SQL reporting capabilities helps for creating great, dynamic dashboards and reports. I love the ability to add parameters and criteria to my dashboards and make everything look sleek and easy to use.
ConsIf there is something I do not know how to do, it is difficult to follow the resources or troubleshoot the problems I am experiencing. I also would love to see improved error reporting that better specifies your errors, especially in SQL your code (when your procedure will not run).
john b.
systems manager
October 26, 2017

“Mixed.. We have evangelists and others that would prefer not to use WebFOCUS. ”

Overallturning data into information for business
ProsI think the operational BI aspect of WebFOCUS stands out. We like how the visualization aspects are growing and the interface is getting a more modern look and feel. I think you can do a lot with WebFOCUS.
ConsHad many people complain about performance of the environment. Sometimes upgrades are tough and we have a lower confidence level that everything is going to work. People can find WebFOCUS hard to use and it can be hard to find WebFOCUS developers.
Gaspar Q.
IT BI Associate Programmer
Automotive, 10,001+ employees

“Webfocus ”

ProsIt is very user friendly as you can drag and drop for beginners If you are more interested in doing the code manually you can do that as well Customer service is great there is always willing to help you (I recommend going premium! Twice as fast) Great functionality and are always adding more functionality to the product
ConsCan be very buggy sometimes Can be slowed sometimes compared to other reporting tools
Steven H.
BI Developer
Logistics and Supply Chain, 1001-5000 employees
March 15, 2019

“Not user friendly, terrible customer support, limited customization”

OverallMy experience has been to find ways to use the product as little as possible. By that meaning using it for getting basic data on the back end, then coding the front end of the reports myself. This way I am able to create the reports and dashboards with more functionality, modern styling and have them be responsive for viewing on multiple platforms (Desktop, tablet, phone).
ProsThis works good for the average adhoc user that will doing basic, single database reporting. The forum they have has been very helpful. I have found out more answers from other users than I have been able to find in their docs or from their tech support.
ConsThere are so many bugs in this product. I have multiple cases open with their tech support that have been open for months. I currently have a case that has been open for 9 months that they still cannot figure out. Usually the response is something along the lines of that it will be fixed in a later release. Then, in my experience, when updating to a later release the one bug is fixed, but more are introduced and we're back to square one of rebuilding our reports that have broken during the upgrade. Product lags when trying to do complex queries over multiple databases. Documentation is very weak and vague, if/when you can actually any documentation at all.
March 15, 2019
Philip M.
VP, Application Manager
October 11, 2018

“BNY Mellon Webfocus conversion”

Overallit has been a good experience to learn about distributed environment after years of working on the mainframe
Prosrecently converted mainframe jobs to webfocus environment. Most existing jobs were easily ported over to distributed environment will few changes. However, this gave us an opportunity to do some well needed tuning on jobs that have been running on mainframe for 15-20 year. Tuning has increase efficiency and speed in new Linux environment and we are incurring cost savings by moving application to a distributed environment over IBM mainframe
Consi currently have no negative comments to make
Douglas L.
WebFOCUS / Business Intelligence Consultant
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
May 23, 2018

“I've been "In FOCUS sine 1933" and have used it extensively since then.”

OverallWe can do that in WebFOCUS... Better than anything else...
ProsInnovation! The way things that are complicated are being made easy and the easy things are being automated. ... YES!, We can do that in WebFOCUS!
ConsReally? What do I like LEAST? Well, I guess: keeping up with all the new features as the innovation continues a fast as it does... That's more of a challenge . BUT IBI provides great help , support, and training to help us overcome those challengers.
Jamie M.
Vice President, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Insurance, 201-500 employees
May 23, 2018

“The tool does an exceptional job of delivering information to many users.”

OverallEnabled a transformation of our information delivery to deliver key information to business users in an efficient, governed, and quality manner.
ProsVery scale-able and robust - it provides a solid platform for BI & Analytics Report building tools are fairly easy to use, yet powerful Software support team is excellent
ConsTremendous flexibility in deployment can lead to challenges in initial set-up and in ensuring multiple environment configurations are consistently applied.
Ed S.
Lead Developer/Data Modeler
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
October 11, 2018

“WebFOCUS in an Enterprise Environment. ”

OverallWe use WebFOCUS to primarily pull reporting and dashboard data from our Data Repository. Our secondary use is an an application framework to build out webapps against our data infrastructure for multiple purposes.
ProsWebFOCUS works well for our Business Intelligence applications and needs. We have used it as a flexible reporting and application framework for many years.
ConsUpdating major releases can be time consuming for a larger environment.
Les M.
Director of Application Development
Food & Beverages, 1001-5000 employees
May 24, 2018

“Great tools, awesome customer service and support, obvious IBI is continuing to improve products.”

OverallInsight, reports, Dashboards.
ProsModern UI, taking the complexity out of the process of ingesting data and allowing business users to create reports, charts, and dashboards to gain insight into their business.
Consmultiple tools to create BI solutions, although IBI is on a path to consolidate tool set. Would also like to see more accelerators for the various business units to help accelerate adoption in our company.
Herve R.
Mgr Business Intelligence
Aviation & Aerospace, 10,001+ employees
May 23, 2018

“Great customer support and a tool that catched up significantly to other tools”

ProsBroad functionalities - more than other tools Very close customer support and relations Look and feel is now in the new version modern and slick Faster development and release cycles results in shorter wait time for new functionalities
ConsBecause its less known than the big tools executives might not buy in into the tool Maybe still has some legacy "issues" Still takes some bigger efforts to upgrade to newer versions
Joe B.
Director Of Supply Chain and Business Intelligence Corporate Strategy
Food & Beverages, 1001-5000 employees
May 23, 2018

“As our business grows, WebFOCUS scales with us”

OverallThis software is everywhere in our organization, almost every employee uses or is affected by WebFOCUS.
ProsScalability and customer service are amazing. This software spans our entire enterprise to run the latest visuals to creating excel reports that automatically distribute.
ConsVisualization on the browser needs good memory or it lags. I would love it if upgrades were really simple and i can use the new features quickly.
JULIE Z.
IT MANAGER
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
December 7, 2017

“user friendly tool, good customer service”

Overallcomparing with other reporting tool, I like this one most, highly recommended.
Prostechsupport is great. Care about their customer. nice and easy tool to build reports. our tech support and account manager always reaching out to us and asking if we need any tech support and making recommendation.
Consonly online training session available now, hope it can open group session or labs in this location. Also for the summit, prefer location in Florida.
Barry E.
Project Leader
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 201-500 employees
October 3, 2019

“Webfocus from a developers perspective”

OverallI have had a good run over 30 years using their products. I find them to be the best tool to address various business scenarios using IT.
ProsThe available features and the ease of which they can be used to build a report application.
ConsThe cost to maintain. The various adapters needed to support in house applications quickly add up.
Rich C.
Software Developer

“Reliable for Years”

OverallMigration from IBM mainframe using DB2 to a Unix platform using Oracle was extremely simple, most reports required only a two line change.
ProsI have been using one version or another of Focus for over 30 years. While the core product has evolved and improved and even migrated across platforms ... the core reports still work with very little updates required,
ConsReporting server has a static font - which is proportional.
Denise B.
Dept Specialist
May 23, 2018

“Michigan State Police utilizes WebFOCUS, love the environment. We are expanding every year. ”

ProsThe Customer Support, IB has the best. Never have seen any other company so focused on customers. From sales, so systems, to project management, to development, etc - The Best.
ConsNone - Our issues have not been with the software, it's our existing technology, management, servers, etc within the State's Dept of Technology that hinders and creates issues with our software.
Christopher F.
BI Developer III
December 7, 2017

“I have used WF for many years now and feel that each release is better and easier to use.”

ProsThe diversity... the GUi for the metadata, Infoassist and App Studio report writing options, ability to write code or use the ever-improving GUI. Also the ability to connect to various database platforms. Easy to use Portal developer.
ConsI feel the early releases of the software can be QA'd better to catch some of the defects up front before released to the general public.
Michael W.
Accounting Systems and Information Specialist
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
November 29, 2017

“Longer learning curve, but great benefit yields when there is a clear understanding of the product”

OverallFlexibility, opportunities to combine multiple data sources, near limitless possibilities when you have a clear understanding of the FOCUS language.
ProsFlexible, extensible, the product provides many opportunities to transform data in almost limit ways.
ConsLonger learning curve, because of desperate setups among user bases there is a need to target training with better respect to the environment that the client is in.
November 29, 2017
Chantal B.
Director, Commercial analytics

“Great BI tool”

OverallEasy dissemination of data and insight accross the organisation. Lots of capabilities.
ProsIt is very flexible. You can do almost anything. Very scalable and stable. User acceptance was easy.
ConsIt might take longer to develop a report. Developers require some tool knowledge. There are a lot of features, so it is not always obvious to pick the right one for a specific requirement.
Ray C.
Program Development, 501-1000 employees
May 22, 2018

“Lots of power to make custom report”

Overallcan create reports from multiple data sources, can let users create custom reports from their own dash broads
Prosflexible, data integration, support and cost, can design reports ans dashboards that fit all business units, mobile reports rock
Consneeds some gui interface to make some task easier, can we make a better interface for setting up security. hard to understand that part
May 22, 2018
Laxmi V.
Group Manager
December 7, 2017

“Compared to prior versions it is becoming easy to work with new versions”

ProsWebfocus is a robust tool than can very well handle high data volumes for large and transnational reporting Most recent version 8.x onwards the tool is showing capabilities of good BI tool
ConsBI dashboards and charts needs more flexibility to develop (still not Comparable with leading Dash boarding tools). Power users still not able to work independently .
Eric M.
BI Supervisor
October 26, 2017

“Ease of use and intuitive ”

ProsHow is can mesh up data from disparate sources and produce "board-room" style reports and analytics. The customer service experience is second to none. I would highly recommend to businesses that are ready to go to the next level.
Consupgrades are somewhat of a pain but are working on improving the process. Finding the right answers to upgrade issues.
Vickie T.
IS Director
Philanthropy, 201-500 employees
August 3, 2017

“A great product and a great company”

OverallWe have used IBI for more than 8 years and have never regretted our decision. They have been not just a vendor, but a true business partner who cares about the success of their clients.
ProsUser friendly, comprehensive functionality, incredible customer support, great annual user conference, extensive free online training videos, new functionality is added continually including from requests from customers.
August 3, 2017
John K.
Healthcare Informatics Analyst
Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 employees
July 24, 2017

“Partner for success”

OverallOverall a great product, they engage with their clients well. Going to user meetings and/or their summit is highly recommended.
ProsGreat customer service; very flexible product; drill down feature is fantastic; multiple capabilities to fit a businesses needs
Consbeing a flexible product comes with complexity and a learning curve in full understanding of their vast system
July 24, 2017
Ian G.
BI Administrator and Developer
Construction, 5001-10,000 employees
July 17, 2017

“My favorite BI software tool”

OverallBI for our employees, and BI for our customer via customer facing applications.
ProsExtreme customization. Being able to get at the code, and embed scripts and other languages opens this BI tool up to unlimited options.
ConsWhile not required to use the product, learning the FOCUS language requires some time and effort. However, it really pays off in the long run!
Nick P.
Client Executive, Strategic Solutions
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

“WebFocus Review”

OverallFaster decision making, ability to understand trends more easily in clients' supply chain, more accurate decision making.
ProsExtremely flexible and capable of handling any visualization needs.
ConsAlmost too many ways to be able to do things. Requires time to understand the 'best' way to accomplish a given task.
Barb K.
Sr Manager, Product Engineering
Consumer Goods, 501-1000 employees
October 11, 2018

“Going where we want to be”

OverallAble to create custom dashboards and business reviews
ProsFeature rich for business users and is a full platform for developers. The roadmap showcases many new features that are right where we want to be; advanced analytics, visualizations, Infographcs
ConsNot all features works with all datasources
Michael G.
Business Process Manager
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
October 11, 2018

“WebFOCUS provides the best of all worlds”

ProsI like the flexibility that the product provides. If you are a hard-core developer, you can build excellent reporting applications. If you are an analyst and need to do a quick, one-off analysis, it works for that as well.
ConsOn occasion, new functionality takes a release or two to stabilize.