SuccessWare21 Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About SuccessWare21

Business management software for the residential contractor. Manage dispatch, customer information, service agreements, full accounting, sales leads, and more. Our mobile field service solution; SWRemote, allows techs to fully run their jobs from the field including time stamping, invoicing and payment processing all synchronized into SuccessWare21 in real time. Full reporting allows you to analyze and manage your business allowing you to achieve higher profits. Learn more about SuccessWare21

David K.
CFO
September 4, 2019

“SuccessWare21 Helped us grow and grew with our business effortlessly”

OverallWithout exception, the platform is solid. With 20 or so users supporting 44 employees both in the office and in the field, we're connected and seamlessly care for the client from phone call to field visit.
ProsRock-solid stability, zero failures of any kind in 16 years. It also handles our AR/AP with ease. Good reporting and data access. One entry point for client data that is shared across entire company from client inbound calls, invoicing and marketing. Plus, inventory, dispatch and CSR use, it's super proficient and easy to use. We started at $2m in 2003 and now at $10m, Successware is right there with us.
ConsUnable to save reports as templates to run the same each time. Field interface somewhat limited.
Anthony B.
Online Marketing Manager

“Successware21 Review”

OverallSome users have difficulty navigating the software with due process, meaning they cannot follow all of the guidelines we have set in place and user errors do happen. I'm sure this is common with any software.. Overall good experience, can export invoices, track phone calls, and follow jobs to close.
ProsThis software can be great for the right business and individuals. The processes we've put in place within Successware21 couldn't really be done for our business with any other software on the market. I'm not saying Successware21 is amazing because it's not, but as an an individual I prefer the old-school style of data reporting essentially tabular data models. The combination of the styling and the specific business solution it provides would be what I like most about the software.
ConsThere are some limitations within the boundaries of the developers who created the software.. Such as we've had problems adding simple HTML img tags to the automated Successware21 customer emails. And, we've had to customize a few integrations for our PBX system.
Gillian C.
Owner, VP
August 14, 2019

“SW21 One Hour & Ben Franklin Mt Airy MD”

OverallWe have been with SW21 for 19 years and have been extremely pleased with the software performance and capabilities. As technology has developed SW21 has continued to maintain the software on a state of the art platform and continues improving and enhancing the ease of use and its capabilities.
ProsSW21 covers our accounting and dispatching needs for our both residential service companies. Support is just a phone call away with the capability for them to log into my system to help solve any issues. Usually these issues are tasks that I don't perform very often or we have made a mistake that needs to be corrected and we are at loss how to correct. SW21 is a true accounting system, nothing like some competitors that allow modifications to $ after the fact. Extremely pleased with our decision from 2000, yes we have been with SW21 for 19 years!
ConsAs a franchise owner we have a daily managers report that needs to be generated and information inputed into a corporate website. We have to run numerous reports to generate the information and then key in the information into a separate website. I would like this to be automated, at least one report to generate in lieu of three to obtain the necessary information.

By SuccessWare21 on August 22, 2019
We do have KPI and DMR reporting available within the software. One of our representatives will reach out to you to go over them. Thank you for your input!
Judi M.
CFO/GM
August 14, 2019

“Try it you will love it!”

OverallPrior to Successware21 we were hybrid QuickBooks and paper. Very small company struggling to get it together. Successware21 made it possible to achieve the business success we risen to...could never have done it. CPA complains occasionally but he understands my joy is with the front end of the system....would never ever go back or to another software program. Aint broke not changing.
ProsAlmost intuitive software. Adore spell check! After 16 years using the historical data is amazing. Can find answers before clients even know how to ask. Have work history for years of reference. Can roll all the location history over to new owners of properties. Easy to edit and make changes.
ConsI have to manually move jobs on the dispatch board job by job...I'd like to be able to highlight and move jobs not done for the day to next day so I don't lose them 'in the past' and wonder did we get that job done. Technicians have difficulty understanding the difference between a job number and a call number...but that's an education issue.

By SuccessWare21 on August 22, 2019
Judi, Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We love and appreciate our customers. We want to thank you for your continued business all these years!
Raymond B.
Finance Manager
Accounting, 51-200 employees

“Accounting Issues”

OverallNot quick on solving simple accounting issues as stated above. I know of no other software that doesn't have titles on their exported reports.
ProsIntegration with other modules. Better customer service module than previous software
ConsNo titles to exported reports. I have asked for this for 4 years Every report should automatically sort by date, but it doesn't. You can't double sort when reconciling your bank and cc accounts so it would be nice if it just automatically sorted by date when you pick another sort option. I have also asked about this for years. Can't drill down on reports. You have to write down or print out a report and then log into the other module to find your answer.
Cheryl C.
Director of Finance

“Great all-inclusive program”

OverallCompared to the bare-bones program we used previously, this has allowed us to streamline our office tasks and stay on top of job cost. It was a bit of a learning curve to get going with it in the beginning 6 years ago, but I am so used to it now and love it!
ProsI really like to have all aspects of the job coordinated within SW21. From the scheduling, to the billing, to the vendor invoices, it all ties together centered around the job. I think the accounting program within SW21 is very efficient.
ConsThere are a few small things I would like to see tweeked but not enough to have called about it. For the most part, I am very happy with the program
Devry K.
Secretary

“SuccessWare Fan”

OverallSuccessWare allows us to run all aspects of our business in one central location. It is the centralized mother ship of our company. It is so convenient to have everything in one place.
ProsI really enjoy the enormity of the software program and that is all inclusive to every aspect of our industry.
ConsI don't think there is anything that I personally don't like about SuccessWare. What I think some companies find is that due to the enormity of the program and the way that everything flows together if they don't stick with it or are not confident in their training it can be very easy to become frustrated. So the very thing that I love most about the program is also what I feel people find the most difficult. I guess if I could come up with something I wish had a tiny bit more flexibility it would be the Agreements. I do wish they were a bit more editable after they were activated. One other thought and it is not a con, but the way we can access location documents would be kind of cool if they implemented that same thing with the payables and we were able to connect and view payable invoices too.
Debbie W.
General Manager

“SW Feedback”

OverallI implemented SW at my last place of employment and set up financials at my current position. I feel SW is very user friendly and is very helpful for inside staff and the field staff as well.
ProsI like the accounting , call taking and ispatch features.
ConsRunning Reports to retrieve information. It may be a matter of training and taking the time to learn. I have attended the training class in Phoenix, but have not been able to implement other than a few items since I have returned.
Lynne B.
Construction, 51-200 employees
August 21, 2019

“User friendly, rough for data entry”

OverallIt is a great CRM/dispatch program. Our service department and Marketing department loves it. I just wish they would put the same level of thought into the accounting/finance modules that they did in the service modules. We still have to double enter all our sales in Access, for example, because there's no way for us to export the customer info out of SW in order to build files, etc., and I wish there were multiple levels of comparatives we could do on financials (multiple MTD's compared to YTD's, for example).
ProsSW21 seems pretty easy to drop people in. After minimal training they get the gist, and since the keystrokes carry between the modules, it's easy to train someone in service and then move them into marketing, etc.
ConsData entry is a BEAR. There is no automatic tab entry, so you have to manually create a new line when you need one either via a mouse click or keystroke. When you have 100 line items (invoice, PO, inventory, etc), this repetitive motion gets tiring and painful quickly.
Shelly E.
Co-owner
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

“SW21”

OverallLove it, bu it does a lot and maybe too much which can make it difficult to use all the reports it has.
ProsIt's integrated with other softwares and one software for account and dispatch
ConsIt doesn't have a remote software so techs can use it in the field. We need to game another software software so techs can use in the field.
Debbie G.
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

“Buy It!!!”

OverallWe can run reports on everything. We are able to follow jobs, estimates and so on.
ProsEverything. It runs our business without any headaches. Beats the other by far. It is fun to use to.
ConsNothing. It did everything that I needed and more.
Janet A.
Office Assistant

“Successware 21”

OverallThe owner of the company can get just about any report he needs to keep the company running at top notch.
ProsI liked that we did not have to put the same information in more than one software. Successware 21 has the accounting, payroll, Purchasing and invoicing all on one software.
ConsNot always the easiest to get it to do what you need it to do, but the updates that are made to the software have repaired most of the problems I had with the software. Probably my biggest problem is with PO's. If you have more than 1 receiving on a PO, you can not change the PO after one receiving has been posted unless you send the first receiving back. Things do change on PO and this makes it very difficult to change.
Shawna L.
Retail, 51-200 employees

“User Friendly”

ProsThis software is very user friendly. It is very easy for a new user to pick up and learn. Some software is quite complicated and hard t navigate, not so with Successware. I love the functionality of being able to get to multiple places with a keystroke from one screen. You can go from the job to the PO, to the invoice, to the payment. Super easy.
ConsI wish this software was more customizeable. I have worked with software in the past where the reports and functionality was customizeable to the customers need. There was always a fee for these features but sometimes it's worth the extra money to get something you really need.
Tracey M.
August 20, 2019

“Product Review”

OverallVery satisfied. Easy to use.
ProsI like the fact that it is very user friendly. I like how things are color coded. It is very easy to come up with reports needed for accounting issues and seeing profit etc. When you call into the office everyone is very pleasant and they always seem to get back to you within an hour of calling in my questions or problems. Have very few problem with, just certain things that come up that I can't figure out and call in. We have been using for over 15 years now. Everyone else in the office seems to have no complaints and feel it is very easy to use as well.
ConsA very minor thing. When 2 people go into the customer at the same time and it locks up.
August 20, 2019
Betty C.
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

“Successware 21 Review ”

OverallWe switched to Successware remote a year or two ago and it has made dispatching and invoicing seamless.
ProsVery user friendly, easy to train new employees. I have used this program for 14 years, it was fairly new to us when I started working for my company. The software has grown and changed for the better with each new release. I highly recommend this product.
ConsThere are a few little glitches here and there, with user support they are worked out quickly. Someone is always available on your support team to help.

By SuccessWare21 on September 4, 2019
Wow, Betty! Thank you for the glowing review. We appreciate it! We are continually working and evolving to give you superior customer service, support and a product that we can proudly stand behind. We wouldn't be in business this many years, if it weren't for the support of customers like you.
Pat B.
Co owner/Office manager
August 22, 2019

“Successware makes my life easier!”

OverallI was dragged kicking and screaming into this software, but it has been invaluable to the business. I love the reports-you can track almost anything-great for marketing.
ProsIt has modules for just about anything-payroll, dispatching, invoicing, A/P, A/R and even marketing. I like the way it can track so many things and print so many reports
ConsMy biggest beef used to be that you couldn't cut and paste in it, but they have solved that issue. The initial setup of the software was hard and time-consuming, but I think that's the case with any sophistocated software. The support was great-don't try to do it by yourself. And the guilt I feel about not using everything it has to offer!
Jill B.
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2019

“Great asset in the HVAC industry.”

ProsThis program is easy to use and has a great way to keep track of our technicians daily schedule. Great integration from tracking service history for our customer to keeping accounts payable and accounts receivable up to date.
ConsIt would be helpful is there was a way to edit a service agreement once it is activated. As it stands now, if something changes or is incorrect upon start up you have to totally terminate the agreement and create a new one and now the revenue is not recognized correctly.
August 16, 2019
Ronald K.

“SuccessWare21 Review”

OverallThis is a good program. it is a little pricey, but it is way better than what I used to have. I wish it wasn't so expensive to put it on tablets for my guys to use in the field, but I'm sure new stuff will be developed to make this more affordable. I would also like to see some of the daily/monthly reporting be easier to access as well as more eye appealing. Overall, I'm glad that I got this software.
ProsI like how the dispatching and accounting are tied into together. It takes away having to do multiple steps and saves me time and time is money.
ConsIt was a little complicated to get the hang of this system because it does so much, but once I did it was amazing.
JEWELL B.
ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
August 28, 2019

“SuccessWare21 Long Time Customer”

ProsThis software is user friendly with training and support available as well as continual updates. It provides multiple points of information for customer accounts and is focused toward giving us the ability to provide good service to our customers. The fact that detailed departmentalized accounting is integrated into the operations software is a huge plus.
ConsNone come to mind - they have always been responsive to questions or issues.

By SuccessWare21 on September 4, 2019
Jewell, Thank you so very much for this fantastic review! We are humbled by what you have said, and appreciate your business over the last 17 years! We are honored to be part of your continued success!
Amanda B.
August 22, 2019

“Robust, but there's a learning curve”

OverallOverall I like the program and all it has to offer our business.
ProsI like that we can handle so many parts of our business with this software, from invoicing to our customer database; a wide range of reports from equipment installed to job costing. I appreciate it being hosted in the cloud so that I can access all our files from anywhere as long as I have internet access.
ConsIt looks and feels a bit antiquated. It's not very intuitive. Could use a facelift.
Cindy E.
office manager

“Outstanding product!”

ProsMakes keeping track of your customers a breeze. Every single visit is logged in their account and we know exactly what we did there and when we did it! Customer service is by far the best ever. Whenever I call w/a problem it is resolved and I learn something new in the process.
ConsI am the company bookkeeper. When I am working on accounting, I have to close out of what I am doing to take calls for the "service" side of the software. It would make it much easier if I could easily use both simultaneously.
Lynn T.
November 15, 2017

“We use the system heavily and successware provides us with an overall good experience”

ProsSuccessware is an All in one solution. Call taking/dispatching Integrates with other programs like SWRemote and Review Buzz.
ConsIt's outdated in the look and feel. Reporting isn't customized and we have to extract information to a speadsheet to manipulate to interpret. It requires extensive training to get someone up to speed ot use the program when we have a new user. Call Taking Screen is outdated. Would be nice to have it tie to scripting and easily searchable resource documents for pricing, services offered, etc.
November 15, 2017
Jason G.
August 29, 2019

“Tough to transition, but sooo worth it”

OverallIf we could do it over again, I would have paid the additional money to have someone from SW21 come out and help us set up everything. We learned a lot through the process because we duplicated lots of things at first. It was a learning experience but it cost us time. Because of the experience, I feel like I have a better grasp of the system over all and I know how to fix things when there is an input issue.
ProsEverything is all in one program and there is a mobile platform for out in the field.
ConsIts hard to get an exact report that I need
August 29, 2019
Ken D.

“SuccessWare 21 Revies”

ProsI am a CPA working for a Plumbing/Heating company and like that the accounting package is very robust and secure. Having come from a QuickBooks environment this is far more advanced and professional.
ConsThere are one or two accounting issues they have yet to work out so that the company financial statements follow GAAP.

By SuccessWare21 on September 4, 2019
Ken, Thanks so much for your kind words! We appreciate the positive feedback. You know we are here for you if and when you need us!
Lynn T.
Package/Freight Delivery, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2018

“SuccessWare21”

OverallWe have continued to use the software for a long time. They listen to our enhancement requests (especially support team, which is appreciated). Customer service support at times has been a bit short and come across like we should know what we don't and be a bit snippy about it with an attitude "You don't know that? or why are you doing it that way?"
ProsWe've been using SW21 for a long time, almost 20 years. It's great that it does everyone in one system!
ConsThe look is a bit outdated. it's difficult for new people to learn
September 27, 2018
Charles H.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2019

“Does it's job. But could be better.”

OverallOnce I figured everything out(took a very long time) it is great. But still get frustrated when I have to change something. It does it's job.
ProsReporting is great. Call/dispatch board works good.
ConsTo many steps to complete 1 task. Very long learning curve for new employee. Does not have many extra features(store pictures, options for quoting....). No direct field worker access. They have to use a 3rd party app. It works well but could be better.
Gracie E.
Call center manager
Utilities, 51-200 employees

“SuccessWare”

OverallI like the program but there is so many easy things they could change to make it more user friendly. I feel the program has a lot of buttons you need to press just to complete a task which make things very frustrating
ProsI like the amount of reports you can pull. I like that it's color coded for routing purposes
ConsIt's not user friendly. Too many little buttons to click on to open accounts once they've been closed. You cant customize the time block requests off.
Mark M.
Chief Operating Officer

“Poor Review”

OverallI would not recommend this company for any plumbing or AC company to use. Only forced to by the scam of the franchise partnerships it made because it gave franchise visibility into the franchisee. compared to modern software with vision and progression, the software is not worth the money.
ProsFull service software that had accounting function integrated
Consobsolete, the software is dated. Virtually impossible to find a unicorn that already knows how to use the software, and cost a lot to constantly train. The mistakes made from lack of training are costly, and there is virtually no real training available worth a dang. The training portion is a scam, better to pay and force someone to read the dang manual.
Gunnar G.
Marketing
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2019

“Successware 21 for service provider”

OverallWell rounded product. Just needs a face lift and nav improvements.
ProsMulti functional. C all aspects of business from dispatch to accounting and payroll.
ConsNavigation is not clear. A tab or drop down function would be mare familiar to most users. Never sure if I should use top and bottom nav or if the field is active.
Bill E.
Business Coordinator
November 24, 2017

“Overall covers about all that we ask of the program.”

ProsEasy to use, easy to train. I can get most of the information I need simply because it's so easy to find it.
ConsUnable to go directly from purchase order to job costing. Commission/bonus is affected by parts costs, it would be easier to go directly from a purchase order created from a job to that invoice and recalculate commissions related to parts cost.
November 24, 2017
Jack E.

“First log on”

ProsWe have used Successware 21 since 1996. As the first ever logon to the web base program I have never looked back. We have built our business around Successware 21. It has done everything we could ask for.
ConsI would like to see Remote become a more stable application for field use. It has improved greatly over the past year.
Kevin B.
VP

“SW21”

ProsI like the integration with SW Remote and the ability of my field employees to have access to customer history.
ConsThe accounting is difficult to navigate and challenging to have an outside accounting agency use for reporting and taxes.
Mark S.
August 14, 2019

“A Platform Worthy of Consideration”

OverallOverall, Successware provides an excellent solution for daily operational needs
ProsComplete solution for our firm. Excellent interfaces to third party apps
ConsSomewhat dated. Learning curve somewhat high

By SuccessWare21 on August 22, 2019
Mark, Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate our customers and respect your opinion! We thank you for your continued business.
Jessica S.
Business Operations Manager
September 7, 2017

“Successware does a great job for our Heating/Cooling/Plumbing business.”

OverallIt manages our whole business.
ProsI like that our entire business is integrated into one software- customer relationship management, accounting, dispatch, all in one
ConsInventory can be hard to manage if you don't set it up right initially. Work closely with Successware's support team to make sure you have it set up correctly.
September 7, 2017
Amy H.
Administrative Manager

“Holland Heating Review”

OverallWonderful. Customer Support is the greatest!
ProsThere has never been a question that you have not answered for us!
ConsI wish there was a CRM that integrated :)
Martha R.
VP
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2019

“Good overall system”

OverallI was taught through the class when we signed up and hired another individual who was nearby working for another company to help me set up my zones, codes and Successware helped me transfer over my client list of over 5000 names. We used the system for a month before fully transferring over AR and AP.
ProsReports are easy to read for my accountant.
ConsHave to hand input every single piece of information/credit card receipts into they system. There is no downloading capability.
August 15, 2019
Elaine Y.
Controller

“Successware opinions”

OverallI enter the accounting in Successware. It took me several months to learn and get caught up entering everything. I am still correcting all the errors of entering information incorrectly. We needed more training in the beginning. It is a very complex software.
ProsIt will let us do job costing and split out the financials by department
ConsIt is a very complicated software and took a long time to learn. There is no storage space to upload the invoices or backup so we have to get another storage to upload all documents entered. There are so many steps to all entries. I do a lot of accounting and our old system was so much easier and user friendly.
September 17, 2018

“Antiquated and clunky.”

OverallThere are two points of failure, if Citrix goes down, I don't have access. If the Successware server goes down, I don't have access. We also pay Citrix and Successware to use the product. This system is terrible.
ProsIt has a lot of functionality, and some integrations with outside resources like text messaging.
ConsWhere to begin. The system is extremely antiquated. It appears to be designed for Windows 95, and that is not hyperbole. Due to an existing contract with our corporate hiearchy, we are required to login using Citrix. So instead of me using a web based or computer based APP, I have to log into Citrix, wait to connect, download the launcher, and login again. The whole system is based around hot keys, as the GUI is not intuitive at all. The hot keys do not represent modern computing standards. For instance if I press CTRL+P, that opens call progress, instead of print. Exporting any type information is almost impossible. To export a report, I have to print to PDF, copy and paste, and hope that reformatting doesn't take me hours.
September 17, 2018
Hannah C.
Ccr manager
June 26, 2018

“A huge dispatching and invoicing software”

ProsIt's very useful for dispatching and building a database. You can store on your own onsite servers or in the clouds
ConsIt's massive, I've been through the training and I still don't know everything about Successware. But the dispatching and customer service features are easy to use
June 26, 2018
RAVEN G.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

“Easy to use. ”

OverallOverall I really like SW21. I miss it more since our company switched.
Proseasy to maneuver has its own accounting software fairly detailed
Consneed more filters when it comes to accounting portion of software could use more report needs an updated look
LISA H.
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER
August 14, 2019

“LIKE SHREK- LOTS OF LAYERS”

OverallBETTER REPORTING, CLEAR FINANCIALS, TASK PRICING
ProsFINANCIAL SYSTEM IS TOP NOTCH, SET UP OF EMPLOYEES AND DISPATCH BOARD ARE EASY TO NAVIGATE
ConsIT HAS SO MANY LAYERS OF FUNCTIONALITY- YET, THE PROJECT MODULE CANNOT INTERFACE WITH THE SERVICE SIDE OR SWREMOTE
Vicky W.
Controller
August 14, 2019

“Wonderful & complete software package”

ProsThe best part about SW21, is unlike most other CRMs on the market, the accounting does not have to be exported into quickbooks.
ConsThe only negative that I have is that there is not drill down/clickthrough options for reports.
Bob C.

“SuccessWare21 Review ”

OverallFinding out what equipment was installed when customers want to replace their systems.
ProsService history of our customers so that technicians are better prepared.
ConsLearning to use full potential of program
Skip R.

“User Opinions”

ProsIt tracks all facets of our business including unlimited pieces of equipment and accounting.
ConsHaving to manually "SAVE" a job before putting in assignments.
Emily H.
Customer Service Representative

“GREAT PRODUCT”

ProsTHE EASE OF USE. IT IS RELATIVELY QUICK TO LEARN TO DO ALL NECESSARY TASKS WITHIN THE PROGRAM.
ConsIT DOESN'T HAVE CERTAIN FEATURE THAT NEWER PROGRAMS DO. IE. TEXTING CUSTOMERS WITHIN THE PROGRAM.
Ian W.
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

“Has a lot of Potential”

OverallGreat platform. We mostly use use it as a dispatching board but understand there is a lot more here.
ProsThe amount of data that can be stored is great.
ConsThe reporting can be difficult and cumbersome.
Debbie B.
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

“overall”

ProsEverything works together even though there are multiple steps per screen.
ConsIt freezes up during usage. Not sure what the problem is. I am hardwired into the computer.
Ethann z.
dispatcher

“sw21 user”

Prosit is very organized and it's hard to make large bookkeeping errors-lots of checks and balances
Consdesign and look of it-also it seems like it takes a very long time to make needed changes
RIchard P.

“SuccessWare ”

OverallEffective dispatch and customer service solutions
ProsFull integration of customer service and accounting and integration so TNFR system
ConsThere are limitless reports available but not always easy to find
Donna C.
Human Resource Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 employees

“Functionality”

ProsThe ability to obtain employee information
ConsReports do not have an auto sort function, nor do they allow a place for full middle name and other information