Gradelink SIS Ratings

Overall

About Gradelink SIS

Administrators, help your school save time, improve student outcomes and fulfill its mission with Gradelink's easy-to-use gradebook and SIS software. Loved by admins, teachers and parents worldwide. Cloud-enabled and standards-ready, with integrated lesson plans. Report card time has never been this easy. Switch between English, Spanish and Chinese at any time. All backed by an award-winning support team. Get up and running in days not weeks! Learn more about Gradelink SIS

LAURENTIU M.
Superintendent/ Principal
September 16, 2019

“Great platform for school management, grades etc”

OverallExcellent, we were very happy with it
ProsThe software is fully featured, and offers a lot of bells-and-whistles within the basic package (attendance, grades, email messaging, discipline, GPA, reports, report-cards generation, contact info, emergency info, medical records info etc.). For a moderate price, you can add a few more features (e.g. unlimited text messaging, parent/student registration etc). The platform is very intuitive and allows a lot of customization (grade periods, grade scale, weighted grading, own discipline and attendance system etc). Support is well rounded, with a lot of online instructional materials (video and text) and phone support is very responsive. Another nice thing is that you can open simultaneously several accounts (admin, teacher, etc) in the same browser, and it has good security measures (accounts can be blocked by admin, you know who signed last and when, accounts get locked after third wrong singnin attempt etc).
ConsThe overall aspect is outdated, the colors are bleak, the whole system looks old school. Also, it behaves weirdly when averaging periods and grades (sometimes), you don't know exactly how it's done.

By Gradelink on September 17, 2019
We've worked hard to make Gradelink as useful as possible, so it's gratifying to see how much your school community is accomplishing with it, Laurentiu! An update of the interface is on our to-do list, so stay tuned. And, if you haven't already, please talk with your support rep about averaging periods and grades so we get that figured out.
Portia G.
Assistant Principal
September 11, 2019

“Gradelink for Schools is awesome.”

OverallGradelink makes our operation completely automated and allows to admin to access student information efficiently. The less paper in our work environment the better.
ProsThis software allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder. The the software is utilized the easier it becomes to start a new school year because so much info carries over. The information that parents and students have is presented differently because each user has a different goal for using the software. Gradelink makes it easy to integrate all aspects of the education environment into one easy to use vehicle.
ConsThe software does not allow users to edit and input their own personal information. There fore keeping up on ever-changing hone numbers and even teacher info is a challenge. The information from previous years is not as easy to access. It is accessible though.

By Gradelink on September 18, 2019
"...allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder." We love that, Portia! And we agree that using less paper is a good thing. We appreciate your comments because they help us understand our customers' needs.
September 11, 2019
Barbara P.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
August 13, 2019

“Answer to a small school's needs”

OverallI have been very satisfied with Gradelink, from usability to customer service when there is a question or concern. The staff is always polite and efficient. I would like to see some of the"extras" included in our package, simply from a budgetary perspective. We are a little school, your tuition/fees program looks excellent, I would like to see if it more effective that what we are using now. I highly recommend Gradelink and have spoken to other administrators about our success with the program.
ProsI needed a program that would be easy to implement, easy to use, and affordable. After reviewing a number of SIS programs, Gradelink met the needs of the school. Having the program for five years I have found new staff members are able to jump in quickly, parents love the ease of communication and availability of attendance, grades, and comments concerning their children. We also use the "news" page to keep parents up to date with reminders and current events. I use the program for snow cancellation and delays, as well as blast informational emails to our community, including alumni.
ConsThere are still a couple of pieces of information that take me time to access, including a quick attendance report on an individual student or a readable transcript that is inclusive of attendance, but a part of that might be my lack of knowledge. Customer service has been excellent in helping us customize report cards, something we could not do independently. Some of the staff is still reluctant to use the planning program to its full capacity, I'm not sure if there is an overarching reason or merely a comfortability learning curve.

By Gradelink on August 16, 2019
We love hearing how well Gradelink fits your needs, Barbara, so thanks for sharing! We're always happy to help and there's no charge for training and support so please contact your support rep for assistance on anything from lesson plans to attendance reports. Or click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink for tons of invaluable information, including articles, screenshots and videos.
Debbie H.
principal
August 13, 2019

“Gradelink does what we need!”

OverallWe've solved communication problems and group texting as well as phone calls with the program. Our overall experience has been positive. Gradelink has been very responsive to any concerns we have had.
ProsGradelink has been user friendly and provides us with all that we need to store our student information and communicate with our families at a reasonable price. The customer service has been great. It is easy for us to call and get help if we get confused or don't understand an aspect of the program. We do not need to set aside days to do teacher training. The program is simple enough that brief training sessions and video links are all we need to train new teachers. Ease of enrollment and re-enrollment are nice as well.
ConsAt times, I would like more features, such as digital sign in for our preschool and aftercare. They have a program for that, but it is not what we need, so we will wait patiently for the program to be perfected! :) When parents enroll, we have found that they can skip certain answers by just putting in a space or a letter, for example. We would like for that feature to some how be fixed.

By Gradelink on August 14, 2019
Thank you for a great review, Debbie! We always appreciate feedback from our schools to let us know what's working well and what could use improvement.
Aimee R.
Teacher/Gradelink Administrator

“I love Gradelink!”

OverallWe have found Gradelink to be superior to other SIS programs we've used in the past. The cost is more practical and there are very few glitches. It works well across PC and Mac platforms.
ProsI love the ease of use, functionality, and cost of this software. However the part I like MOST is the customer service. Whenever we have a question or issue, Gradelink customer service/technical support representatives are helpful and friendly.
ConsThe only part of Gradelink that I don't love is the lesson planning feature. It is sufficient, and I could easily get by using that module. However, I prefer the flexibility of another lesson planning product.

By Gradelink on August 14, 2019
You made the support team's day, Aimee! We're always looking for ways to improve Gradelink, so please send a note to service@gradelink.com to let us know what changes you'd like to see in lesson plans.
Eileen D.
Teacher/Librarian
August 7, 2019

“Gradelink is an intuitive SIS with great support.”

OverallOur experience with Gradelink has been stellar! We were briefly forced to migrate to another SIS because of mandates from our district. But there was such a hue and cry from faculty, parents, and students, that at the end of one term we were allowed to return to Gradelink. For our size of school, Gradelink seems a perfect fit!
ProsSome of the best endorsements of Gradelink are from our teachers and parents. Teachers who aren't particularly comfortable with technology say this is the most user-friendly SIS they have ever encountered. Those who are comfortable with technology find the system easy to learn and use effectively. I like that Gradelink just seems so intuitive. It behaves like it was designed from the school's needs up, as opposed to systems that seem to be designed from the top down by programmers to do what they think schools need. I was the system administrator for several years and worked with Gradelink customer support extensively. They were excellent! We had to implement new report cards, and they worked closely with us through the transition. I also liked the ability to create a test student to see how something would work before running with it. For functions that are only performed once in a while, e.g. opening a new term, Gradelink has links on that page with quick how-to reminders. You don't have to open and wade through a separate help window. I found that a great time saver. Parents find the system easy to use and so do our middle school students, who check their grades and monitor assignments routinely. We also like the communications portions of the program. The teacher pages, email capability, grade-books, etc. are all available with a single sign-in.
ConsWe've all gotten used to Microsoft and Google email products, and email from the Gradelink platform doesn't have all the features users find in dedicated email systems. For grades, it is live right away--there isn't a way to post grades, but not publish them until a later time. That might be desirable in some isolated cases, so much of a drawback all things considered.

By Gradelink on August 8, 2019
Wow, thank you for such a well-thought-out review, Eileen! We appreciate your suggestions for ways to make improvements. We're so glad you came back and we look forward to many more years of working with your school community.
Haiat B.
June 29, 2017

“I am very happy with gradelink software. It made my life easy as an administrator. ”

OverallMost of all, the biggest benefit is that it saves our time in the office. We do not have information everywhere. All information is located in the software.
ProsEvery information we need is stored in G.Link. All lesson plans and standards are together. Standards carry a lot of information for teachers. Grades are easily entered and are not lost. Parents communication has gotten better this year because of G.Link. Every teacher has a web page that she/he can design. Administrators can publish their announcement daily, weekly and monthly. We like the fact that it prepares the students' report cards and transcripts. We do not have to do that any more. The discipline, students' health life, parents' information is all there for us. Teachers like it so much. They still need to get used to it and the deadlines they receive but I know for a fact that they like the features in the lesson plans such as copy and paste the whole week then make daily changes. I keep teaching this feature because that 's what will make their planning so easy, especially for those ho have 6 different subjects to plan. I love how the administrator can easily check teachers' lesson plans, up to date grades. Teachers reports is another feature that is really valuable. Once teacher understand how to use, they can retrieve a lot of information from those reports and use. The Gradelink staff and team members are extremely sharp and helpful. They usually give us answers right a way even if we call 10 times a day. They still help. They know well that once we get it we will stop calling them. I love their big support.
ConsOne thing does bother me. We want to send information to parents such as pictures, newsletters and so on. We can not send 2 at the time or more than one. We have to wait a certain time in order to send another info. This does work for us as we have to send timely information. Something that we have to send today, we can wait until next week to send. It is time sensitive.

By Gradelink on July 6, 2017
It's wonderful that Furqaan Academy is making good use of so many of Gradelink's features, Haiat! We're always happy to help, so, if you haven't already, please contact your service representative about sending multiple messages to your students' parents.
Karen R.
Guidance Counselor
June 29, 2017

“I enjoy using this comprehensive, well organized software. ”

OverallNot only has this software streamlined our grading and transcripting process, but it allows us to keep parents informed of students' academic progress, as well as school events in an easy and seamless fashion.
ProsI do enjoy this software immensely! It has a lot of great features, which meld together seamlessly. I have used this software both as a guidance counselor with full admin privileges, and as a teacher. It is easily accessible to parents, and allows teachers to keep parents informed on a daily basis. The platform appears to be solid, and I don't have random "grade changes" while I'm not looking! I've listed four small issues below. When these are fixed, it will be fairly close to perfect, and I will be able to give it five stars all around. As with any multiple-feature computer program, there is a learning curve. Customer support is always there and willing to talk to us.
Cons1. We cannot set up grading differently for middle school and high school. (We would like 25% per quarter, 10% exam for middle school, 40/40/20 for high school.) 2. We cannot easily select out parent vs. student e-mail in the Communicate section. 3. I would like to ability to write a comment on a transcript that is neither a test nor an award. 4. I would like to have the ability to print out a grade level of transcript. Specifying graduation year rather than grade level would be fine.

By Gradelink on July 13, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write such a well-thought-out review, Karen! We go to great lengths to make Gradelink an all-in-one solution for schools and their students, while still keeping it easy to use. We'll get in touch with you to talk about possible solutions to the issues you listed. We'll see what we can do to earn those five stars!
Tina A.
Assistant principal
December 14, 2016

“Reassuring Me While Encouraging Me to Learn and Become Better at Problem Solving ”

OverallI was working on creating and populating classes for exams for our seventh and eighth graders. Somehow without realizing it, I created an extra seventh-grade language arts class for quarter one. As I was double checking to make sure I had everything set up correctly, I noticed a seventh-grade language arts class with zero students. I did NOT notice that this was an extra class. I thought that somehow I had deleted grades and students from quarter one. To be honest, I was scared, nervous, and quite frankly wondering how on Earth I could correct my perceived mistake. When you're that upset, it is hard to see what is right in front of you. So, after about fifteen minutes, I called. customer support answered the call. They listened. They talked with me and found the problem. I was so sure that I had 'lost' grades for students that I didn't totally believe that everything was fine. C.S. reassured me. They led me to 'see' for myself that all the information I thought I had lost was still there. I could have cried as I was so relieved. In the eighteen months of being assistant principal for our school I have learned so much. There are some companies I will not use anymore. Then, there are companies like Gradelink that have helped me to learn. I have often praised Gradelink's customer service. Some of the people I know by name as they have helped me with issues that I perceived to be challenging; whereas they showed me how to solve the issue. Thank you Gradelink for great customer service!!
ProsOnce you learn it; it is easy to remember how to apply skills and teach others.
ConsThere are times when I would like to export information to create mailing labels or rosters for testing and to my knowledge, I am not able to do this with Gradelink.

By Gradelink on December 28, 2016
Thank you for the epic review, Tina! Mike and the rest of the team are happy to help in any way we can. As for exporting info, please contact support and we'll see what we can do.
December 14, 2016
Janet S.
Secretary
August 6, 2019

“Gradelink makes school admin life easier”

OverallI really do love working with Gradelink and if I ever have a question, I rarely wait online long for assistance. I always get help, and the call center is very friendly.
ProsLove that we can mass email, individuals or whole grades. Gradelink is user friendly, everything is in one place. There are a lot of tools that parents can use to access grades, assignments, teacher's pages, and now we've set it up for discipline. (instead of using a separate program) Parents also have input on community service hours, we can add ACT/SAT scores to transcripts, too.
ConsThat the "Not Re-enrolled" button doesn't work. It just gives all students, instead of the ones not re-enrolled. Teachers not having the ability to send a text for their classes. - So, they have to use "Remind"

By Gradelink on August 7, 2019
It's rewarding to hear how much your school community is doing with Gradelink, Janet! Please contact your support rep for help with the "not re-enrolled" button and we'll be happy to see if we can get that resolved. Unfortunately, at this time, admins are the only ones who can send text messages
Anissa P.
Director of Development
July 3, 2018

“Overall it was a really good experience. All the hard work was worth it based on the outcome. ”

ProsWe really trust Gradelink, as they previously hosted our old site and always do a great job with our school package we have through them. Since we knew we were overdue for an updated website, it was an automatic choice for us to ask Gradelink to handle the design. We are so thrilled with our new website! It is so much cleaner, fresher, user-friendly, precise and engaging. Vince helped us take the next best steps and continues to assure us beyond the finished product, which demonstrates outstanding customer service. Rep was absolutely phenomenal! So very patient, detail-oriented, honest, attentive and kind he went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied with the final product and that we felt comfortable to collaborate and share our ideas and needs during the building process. Our site needed so much work, and he was always very gracious in our planning meetings. His expertise was so evident and he worked extremely hard to ensure our satisfaction. Genuine excitement about our website project was also evident and helped spur us along when we needed to envision our future site. We are so grateful for Rep and Gradelink!
ConsEveryone on our team isn't super "techy" so there will be a learning curve. However, we are glad that we can utilize the monthly support that Gradelink offers.

By Gradelink on July 23, 2018
It's been a pleasure working with West Covina Christian School, Anissa! Please let us know how we can help less tech-savvy staff members become more comfortable with Gradelink.
July 3, 2018
Sandra B.

“Gradelink Review”

OverallOverall, our experience with Gradelink has been wonderful! The customer service personnel are very, very helpful, especially to those of us who need technical guidance.
ProsGradelink has made it much easier for our staff and parents to keep track of our students' progress academically. I appreciate that I receive a copy of every initial email that goes out so that I am better aware of any potential issues. Grading parameters are easy to set up. We create individual schedules for our students as well.
ConsWhat can be a bit time consuming is posting daily assignments. We also have to go into every individual account to click on the indicator for our parents to receive low grade alerts. As it is now, we would have to assume that parents would choose that option. Since we want to make sure our parents are notified whenever a student has a low grade, we must go into every student's account and click on that notifier. It would be great if Admins could do that with one click for the student body. We also use Gradelink for our billing. While paying is relatively simple for our parents, understanding the balance sheet is not. Also, for some reason, even when a parent has paid a balance in full, it will still "look" like they have a balance.

By Gradelink on August 7, 2019
Good news, Sandra: the new Default Grade Alerts setting will make things easier for you! To learn how to use it, just click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen or contact your support rep and they'll be happy to walk you through it.
Becky B.
Business Manager
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
April 4, 2019

“User friendly Student Management Software”

OverallOverall Gradelink helps us stay on top of our growing student body giving us a central place accessible by everybody with current information. In addition, it helps us provide better communication with our school parents.
ProsI love how easy it is to set up and use. The user interface is very easy to get staff to buy into using. We had tried a different product first and it was just too much for my users. I am very happy with the reliability of Gradelink. We have been using it for a number of years and Gradelink has been down less than 5 times. Ever. Wish I could say the same about our internal network! I am very pleased with support. Everybody is friendly and responsive. Problems large and small have been handled as quickly and painlessly as possible.
ConsThe stuff that is missing like: historical student census data -- how many in each class last year, 3 years ago? how many re-enrolled this year compared to last three years? etc. seating chart with pictures report different attendance reports (monthly for National School Lunch) more financial report options ability to enter the school calendar and have attendance automatically marked NS for those days. Little stuff that annoys but doesn't really prevent me from accomplishing what I need to.

By Gradelink on April 26, 2019
Feedback from our schools is an important part of our development of new features and updating existing ones, so appreciate your input, Becky!
Heather G.
SIS Director/Computer Tech Instructor/Admissions
February 25, 2019

“Gradelink Website Development ”

OverallWe have worked with the staff at Gradelink for almost 5 years. The customer support is responsive and always willing to help when a challenge presents itself. Choosing them to be our SIS was one of the best business decisions we made, and entrusting their website team to streamline our site was the icing on the cake. Highly recommend!
ProsProfessional and Intuitive - Our website is easy for our families to navigate and the final design reflects the personal and intimate feel that defines us as a small private school located in Washington State. When we were in the planning process with Gradelink's Education Consultant and Website Specialist, did an amazing job configuring the online tools that would save us time and money and then seamlessly integrated them into our website. All of our school tour scheduling is now online. He designed a custom form that handles our complex afterschool care program registration procedures. Yearly or monthly tuition payments are easily made through our online store. All of these improvements have saved our staff hours of paperwork and time and have allowed them to focus on what really matters to us..... the kids.
ConsI would love to be able to sort the Family Directory by Teacher! ;)

By Gradelink on June 20, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, Heather! It's rewarding to learn that your new website is working so well for you.
February 25, 2019
Kathleen C.
Office Coordinator
September 10, 2019

“Does Some Things Really Well”

OverallOverall I like GL. Customer Service is very responsive.
ProsIt's very easy to get information from GL into Excel where it can be manipulated. GL accepts a lot of information, and it's easy to update.
ConsNavigation is really not intuitive. Information is compartmentalized and difficult to access. To change a student's attendance, instead of just looking up the student, I have to go look up the student's homeroom, then go to Attendance and find that homeroom, and change it there. I can't look at all of a student's attendance in Student module--I have to go to Administrator Reports, and do Custom Attendance. Teachers cannot see a lot of the information on a student for no reason that I've been able to discern.

By Gradelink on September 11, 2019
Thank you for your feedback, Kathleen! We value input from our schools because it helps us with our continual product development and we're always looking for ways to make Gradelink even easier to use.
Misty A.
Assistant Administrator
June 17, 2016

“LOVE Gradelink”

OverallWhen I first started with this program 3 years ago from the first consultation until now every treats you with such kindness. I have had to ask questions and no one acts like I should know. They are always trying to make things better. Improving their program constantly, but never overwhelming. This is so easy to setup. Even if you struggle they are there immediately to help. I never have to wait. Thankful for Gradrlink. They have made our SIS program a breeze.
ProsThe ease of getting anywhere. It always makes sense. The tabs are very user friendly. Love the news page! Tons of help videos if needed. I feel the cost is more than reasonable. I had researched a while before I found them. The cost anywhere else was too much for a small private school. Gradelink was so helpful even in the financial as I was trying to convince my superiors that this what we needed to do. Now they have an app for our families and students!!!! LOVE. Excited to share.
ConsI can't say I have any. I love the app. Hoping the calendar can go on there as well. :-)
Recommendations to other buyersEvery school needs it!!! It is truly wonderful. Customer service is worth it.

By Gradelink on June 17, 2016
Wow, thanks a million for such an encouraging review, Misty! We work hard to keep our schools happy, so it's rewarding to hear how well Gradelink is working for Seymour Christian Academy. And we're glad you love the app; we have some more good stuff coming, so stay tuned!
June 17, 2016
Aaron H.
Administrator
July 28, 2019

“Very useful for our school”

OverallWCA uses Gradelink on a daily basis. It assists in our grade keeping, attendance, discipline notices, and a variety of other things. Using Gradelink makes the enrollment process simple and eases everyone's stress level! I am glad that we made the switch!
ProsEasy setup Ease of use Helpful staff Parents love it Teachers love it Gradebook
ConsLesson plan feature could be laid out better

By Gradelink on July 30, 2019
We love hearing that WCA is getting so much out of Gradelink, Aaron! We're always looking for ways to improve, so please talk with your support rep about the changes you'd like to see in Lesson Plans.
July 28, 2019
Janet C.
Rgistrar
September 17, 2019

“We made the switch”

OverallGradelink now has billing and AR add to the program. It's been a tough road for us to learn all the ins and outs of the system, but service is quite helpful. They worked hard with us and we've asked for many updates to their system, and mostly quite cooperative.
ProsWe use to use excel for everything. Too easy to lose data, make mistakes, difficult to handle. Gradelink made us organize better. Better looking report cards, better system for keeping medical records, It made us look more like an 'institution'.
ConsWe expected parents to be able to update on their own, and we'd receive notice of changes. Parents had a little difficulty navigating, as well as us, and they felt the 'change' from just filling out paper forms. Somehow they felt they had to do more, when in reality it is less, more condensed, better for us.

By Gradelink on September 18, 2019
Thank you for sharing how updating and streamlining your school's management system by switching to Gradelink has made such an impact, Janet! To help parents better understand Gradelink, we have a short video at gradelink.com/student-training.
September 17, 2019
Angela B.

“Great Customer Service”

ProsFamilies do not have to enroll themselves. They are easily enrolled because we use Gradelink for our school lesson planning, grading, and communication.
ConsSo far we are very happy with everything.

By Gradelink on August 14, 2019
We love that you're happy with everything, Angela! And we'll continue working hard to keep it that way.
Stephanie B.

“Gradelink Integration”

OverallWe've enjoyed working with gradelink. There grading, report cards, attendance, student database, transcripts, etc. are fantastic and easy to use. Love having this system!
ProsI love the customer support and how easy it is for me to get an answer for what I'm looking for. Never have I worked with better customer support!
ConsI'm not a fan of the lesson plans. They are designed to mirror Planbook, but the features just aren't there to facilitate it. We ended up switching back to planbook this year. It's slightly aggravating because gradelink is an all in one system.

By Gradelink on September 18, 2019
Thank you, Stephanie, you made the support team's day! We also appreciate your feedback on lesson plans because it helps us better understand what schools need.
Debra M.
September 10, 2019

“Gradelink Offered Us More Possibilities”

OverallGradelink has given us a central database for so many daily tasks that were only available on certain computers and allows us to quickly and easily generate reports that, in the past, would have been done by hand. It has reduced the need for some paper documents. We have had many positive experiences with customer service and the ease of set-up and implementation was excellent.
ProsI like being able to take attendance online, keep track of immunization records, customize report cards, generate family directories and utilize the financial feature for all of our billing needs. These are just a handful of features that we use on Gradelink.
ConsThe only complaint that we have had with Gradelink is when printing report cards for our students. The columns for comments are long and narrow and therefore difficult to read. Our teachers like to write multiple paragraphs in this section and we don't have the option to change the way this is formatted.

By Gradelink on September 12, 2019
It's fantastic to hear that your school community is getting so many benefits out of using Gradelink, Debra! Thank you for sharing.
Adrienne F.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2019

“Gradelink SIS Makes Life Easier”

OverallWe are able to communicate with all of our parents, whether by email or text, which is great. The software is pretty easy to use and there is always someone available to help when issues arise.
ProsI love that I always have access to the software and can use it whenever and wherever. I can schedule messages and really have no issues.
ConsI would like there to be a mobile app portion for use.

By Gradelink on September 12, 2019
Being able to work anywhere is wonderful, isn't it? In addition to the Student/Parent Mobile App, we are planning on an app for teachers and admins, although we don't have a release date at this point. And we love the title of your review, Adrienne!
Wendell R.

“School Management Software”

OverallWe love this software. It is easy for all users to operate.
ProsGradelink offers schools a complete school and student management system that can be easily custom designed.
ConsThe only concern is that we are on the East Coast and customer service is on the West Coast.

By Gradelink on September 13, 2019
We that you love it, Wendell! Even when we're not in the office, help is always available by clicking on the question mark icon at the top of the screen when you're logged in. You'll find all kinds of articles, screenshots and videos on everything from training to report cards to admissions and more.

“Bang for your buck.”

ProsGreat value. Incredible customer service.
ConsDoesn't have as many features as others. Some tasks have to be completed manually student by student and are thus time consuming; these should be streamlined.

By Gradelink on September 12, 2019
Thank you for your review! Please talk with your support rep about the features you're looking for; with all that Gradelink has to offer, it's quite possible we actually have what you're looking for. If not, we'd love to know what you'd find valuable for us to add. Also, check out gradelink.com/features for an extensive list of things you can do with Gradelink.
Loraine M.
March 27, 2019

“Best Decision ”

OverallI would definitely recommend this program for smaller schools. It was definitely the answer we were looking for and feel it was the best decision for our school.
ProsWe had used another SIS program previously that was designed for large districts and had a lot of functions, however, we were not their target audience. Gradelink's customer service makes you feel like you are a big school that matters. They listen and make adjustments as needed. The implementation and training went smoothly. My teacher and staff are extremely happy with the ease of use compared to our previous programs, yet it still has all the convenient features we wanted from the larger vendor. It is also elementary school friendly which many of the other programs aren't. Most programs seem to cater to the middle/high school. Gradelink still has all those features for upper levels, but has grading, report card and scheduling options that can be adapted specifically for elementary school. We have been very happy with our decision.
ConsI look forward to more Google integration which I know is under development. Some reports can only be exported to Excel to be printed which is a little inconvenient. I hope this will be upgraded in the near future.

By Gradelink on April 22, 2019
We're honored that you chose Gradelink when you switched SISs, Loraine! We look forward to working with Pearl Prep for many years to come.
March 27, 2019
Eric D.
September 16, 2019

“Product worth every penny and then some”

ProsGradelink has many benefits for one's education site. Most notable, is the easy interface. Teachers have varied levels of technology awareness and yet training of us for this product is seamless. The program is set up to offer teachers and centralized platforms for the many tasks of teaching, while not adding more time to prep, information input, etc. Furthermore, when working with Gradelink you receive personal customer service. Many of these platforms do not offer that personalized touch in which they understand your school and it's unique characteristics. Gradelink does, and makes it a point to model your product needs in a personalized manner.
ConsI do not have a single issue with this software.

By Gradelink on September 17, 2019
We're delighted that you find such value in Gradelink, Eric! The dev team strives to make Gradelink as user-friendly as possible and the support team works tirelessly to take care of our schools, so they appreciate your comments.
Samantha F.
Admissions Director
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2019

“School Parent Communication Tool ”

OverallStaying connected with parents. Easy communication tool.
ProsEase of use. Low cost. Great customer service.
ConsIt's very basic. Not very fancy with the graphics or reporting features.

By Gradelink on September 11, 2019
We're glad you find Gradelink easy to use, Samantha! We want to make sure you're getting the most out of Gradelink, so please talk with your support rep about reports or other features you'd like to know more about. Plus, clicking on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink will take you to the help site with tons of useful articles and videos.
Nancy A.
Admissions and Records Manager

“Gradelink is great!”

OverallWe are a private school and this helps us organize our students, enroll and re-enroll our students, and helps parents keep track of how their students are doing. I think it is a very helpful tool. The rep and others at Gradelink are very helpful.
ProsWe have been using Gradelink for about 3 years. It is helpful in enrolling students and keeping track of them. We appreciate that they keep adding new features. We appreciate that parents can access their records for their students and they can enter and keep track of their service hours online. We are able to produce Report Cards at the end of each trimester. We appreciate their customer service. They get back to us usually quickly the same day if we have issues or questions.
ConsSome features are still missing. Recently, they added a way for us to sign in/out students in Preschool which is a requirement with the State of California. But it was slow in coming.

By Gradelink on April 25, 2019
Thank you, Nancy! Our development team is continually working on making Gradelink even more useful, so please let us know which features you'd like to see.
Kacy S.
Adminstrative Asst.
September 12, 2017

“I am always needing help and your staff provides it. ”

ProsThe help team!!!! Hands down. Everyone there is so patient with me. The customer service agent was a great help today as well and quickly answered my questions without having to call or waste time figuring it out.
ConsI think the financial side has been very challenging. Us using this feature almost defeats what we really needed it for in the first place. If I have to record every single payment, I might as well have parents pay me directly in the office. I will say that having the auto pay plans are effective but we will see as the year progresses. There are other features I'd like to see but can't recall at this time. Engrade had some great features that Gradelink doesn't. If I think of others, I will surely direct them to your team.

By Gradelink on August 24, 2018
The Support Team says thank you, Kacy! Taking care of our schools is a top priority, so we appreciate your compliment. And we're here whenever you need help with the financial tools or anything else. As for features, please let us know what you would find useful. We're always looking for new ways to add even more functionality.
September 12, 2017
Melody B.
Teacher, Accreditation & Curriculum Coordinator
September 10, 2019

“Glad we made the switch!”

OverallWe have been able to simplify our procedures and systems with Gradelink. Most data is now held in Gradelink--a huge help.
ProsGradesheet is like a spreadsheet. Many reports available. Repository for all data (medical, academic). Accessible from anywhere. Exports to xcel.
ConsGradesheet - wish assignments only required date due (not date assigned), and that date due would auto populate as current date (or allow this to be customizable by each school). Can't filter demographic info exported to xcel (can only do it by manipulating data after exporting). Lack of customization - would like to customize conduct categories so parents and teacher can view/keep track.

By Gradelink on September 13, 2019
Thank you, Melody, we truly appreciate input from our schools because it helps us better understand their needs. And we're happy you made the switch, too!
Beth S.
5th grade teacher
September 20, 2018

“A "B grade" for GradeLink!”

OverallAs a teacher, I appreciate the vast amount of information kept within the software. However, the entire program is not user friendly and, as a result, can be very time consuming. My work with the help center has been nothing but an friendly and helpful.
ProsThis is our 4th year using Gradelink at my school and I am really in the groove of using the product. It is full of information, so many things that we cannot even get to in our usage. Most importantly, the customer service and help center is phenomenal. I have never experienced such competency and kindness in a company.
ConsThis software is so full of information and buttons, that it is not always intuitive. Many teachers at my school complain about the complexity of doing what should be the easiest tasks. I have found that much of my work, especially when entering comments, does not get saved. It is also limiting in how report cards can be formatted, which we know not to be the case with other software.

By Gradelink on September 24, 2018
Thank you for the compliments about our service, Beth! We're sorry to hear that you and some of your fellow teachers have had some frustrations. Because Gradelink has so many capabilities, it can be a bit complicated. We want everyone at your school to be as comfortable as possible with using Gradelink. If additional teacher training would be helpful, which is included at no additional charge, please schedule a time with your service rep and we¿ll be glad help.
September 20, 2018
Joni G.
teacher

“Gradelink is worth it!”

ProsI feel Gradelink is very user friendly. I am not a wiz with technology and I CAN DO Gradelink. It saves lots and lots of time as a teacher. It can do so many things that I don't even know everything yet and I've used it for years.
ConsThe only problem I have had is that occasionally my communication will not send anything through my emails. I would write a big letter to parents, and email it. Then I get back emails from parents saying nothing was sent...just a blank email. This has happened to me a number of times and it just fixes itself...... I just don't like losing my long letter to parents.

By Gradelink on September 11, 2019
We're glad that, for the most part, you enjoy using Gradelink, Joni! However, we're sorry to hear you've had some problems with emails. Please contact your service rep and we'll work out a solution. To learn more about what you can do with Gradelink, please click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen when you're logged in for all kinds of helpful information.
Mary Kay O.
Assistant Principal
September 10, 2019

“Gradelink serves us well!”

OverallGradelink allows us to communicate grades, attendance, and comments with parents daily and to report through emailed quarter reports. Teacher work is streamlined and parents appreciate the information they can have at a moment's notice on their device or on the Gradelink parent app.
ProsWe've tried three educational management systems in the past ten years and Gradelink is by far the best. The system is intuitive and setup takes little time. Our account service person helped us every step of the way. We've been happy with the ability to adapt templates to our needs and with the positive teacher and parent feedback. The Gradelink communication system allows us to send emails, texts, and voice notices to staff, parents, or classes. Teacher newsletters are easy and complete.
ConsThere really hasn't been anything we couldn't manage.

By Gradelink on September 13, 2019
Wow, it means a lot to us that you prefer Gradelink over the other systems you've used in the past, Mary Kay!
Marie L.
Administrative Assistant

“Great SIS!”

OverallExcellent support.
ProsGradelink is easy to use and maintain. Customer support is excellent. I love that suggestions I have made for improvements have been implanted. (Batch import was one!).
ConsI prefer to use the Academic Yearly Parent contract for my emergency printouts to the Student Reports. On the student reports, the parent phone numbers do not line up with the parent name ant therefore difficult to tell whose number is whose. The contracts are easier to read. However, they can only by printed one at a time. I have suggested and am waiting for the ability to batch print Contracts. I understand that may be in the works.

By Gradelink on August 8, 2019
We certainly appreciate your feedback, Marie! Input from our schools plays an important part in our ongoing product development. And we're happy to say that batch printing for contracts is something we'll be working on soon!
Rebecca E.
Vice Principal
September 19, 2019

“We love Gradelink”

OverallParents are able to easily keep up with student grades, disciplines, and classroom/school news.
ProsGradelink is easy to understand. Teachers are able to record grades, email all parents at once or just one, record discipline issues, write lesson plans, leave classroom news, and keep track of attendance all in one place. Administration can easily keep track of grades, attendance, discipline, and much more.
ConsThere are a few reports that I'd like to have that are not available right now, such as student roster sorted by period or teacher. Every once in a while, we encounter a glitch. However, overall we enjoy this website!

By Gradelink on September 23, 2019
It's wonderful to know that you're getting so much use out of Gradelink, Rebecca! Please talk with your support rep about the reports you're looking for. If they aren't already available, it helps us to know what our schools need.
September 19, 2019
October 10, 2017

“I have used gradelink as a teacher and as administrator. ”

OverallIt provides faculty with an efficient and digital means for recording grades, assignments, and lesson plans. It provides a means for parents to always be aware of the academic progress of their student. It provides administration a means for managing the classrooms of our school.
ProsGradelink has many features, and they continue to improve it. It is customizable. The best thing I like about Gradelink is their customer support. They have responded to me in expedient fashion. They have even made a design change or two for me.
ConsI am not in love with the report card feature. We have elementary and secondary students which use different formats. I wish they had the ability to show cumulative GPA for high school report cards. They only provide annual GPA.

By Gradelink on October 13, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! If you haven't already done so, please contact your service representative to see how we can help you get what you need out of your report cards.
October 10, 2017
Meghan E.
Vice Principal
August 27, 2019

“User friendly SIS”

ProsGradelink is the easiest SIS to use. If you ever have any trouble, the customer support is top notch!
ConsNothing! Gradelink keeps adding features to make their SIS have more functionality.

By Gradelink on August 28, 2019
Our development team works hard to make Gradelink user-friendly, so we're delighted that you find it so easy to use, Meghan!
August 27, 2019
William E. O.
January 11, 2017

“Greatest Classroom helper”

OverallGradelink has made keeping parents involved with their students educations so easy. Teacher enter curriculum in the lesson plans, assignments are listed in the Gradebook. Students and teachers are able to find information about students work all in one place. Great form of communication between parents, students and teacher. School page let everyone know what is going on at the school in one easy to find place. Staff are ready to help and take your recommendations to heart. Would not want to do my job without it.
ProsEvery tool a teacher needs from lesson plans to gradebook to email, and teacher pages are in one place. Easy to work with staff. Eager to take your thought and make them a reality.
ConsNot enough parents take the time to check what is on Gradelink.

By Gradelink on January 13, 2017
William, thank you for your glowing review! Do your students' parents know about the Gradelink Student/Parent app? It's available for free on the App Store and Google Play. It's a great way for them to keep up to date with assignments, grades, news and more.
January 11, 2017
Rachel T.
Technology and Curriculum Specialist
September 16, 2019

“SIS that meets your needs!”

OverallThe customer service that Gradelink provides is out of this world! From the SIS support to website support, the employees are super friendly and willing to help. I also love that Gradelink has their own help desk where you can find answers and train yourself in implementation and day to day management.
ProsThe program is very user-friendly. The location of information makes sense and was easy for our teachers to implement. It is also easily customizable to the needs and wants of your school.
ConsEvery thing that we have not liked, we have asked Gradelink to improve and they have.

By Gradelink on September 18, 2019
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Gradelink, Rachel!
Diane F.
Lunch Supervisor
August 25, 2019

“I believe an upgrade is due this program! Additional program for lunches,misc,etc”

OverallI've learned about writing in a ledger but by far the system I've been with needs too flourish, update with lunches program, Sports, misc fundraisers, etc. Mostly the main income such as Tuition, Registration, Mandatory Fundraisers. Include the ability too spreadsheet the different incoming receivables.Why go into a totally different program when it could be all in one?If every user has a specific work associated too the day, wouldn't it be easier for the main subscriber too view the daily tally?
ProsI like the ideal ability to input the funds received to the categories. Printing a balance sheet! Ability too print for the parent payments and balances due.
ConsNot have the specific categories such as lunches, misc.fundraisers,etc. separately printable.

By Gradelink on August 26, 2019
We appreciate your feedback, Diane! Input from our schools is vital to our ongoing product development. Please call or email your support rep to discuss your needs in further detail.
August 25, 2019
Vickie L.
Admin. Assistant
August 14, 2019

“Gradelink ”

Prosease of operation and the many functions it performs regarding grading and billing. Customer service is great reply quickly.
Conscan't say there is anything I dislike. It has worked very well

By Gradelink on August 16, 2019
Thank you for the review, Vickie!
August 14, 2019
Alana G.
Student
September 13, 2017

“It is awesome and I love being able to check my grades daily.”

OverallI get to check my grades and chat with people. I love being able to keep up with my grades daily and see how I am doing in school. I didn't answer my Industry or my Company Size because I am a student and I don't own a company.
ProsI like how I get to see all of my grades for all of the subjects. It is so awesome to be able to do it, before I get the report card, so that I can bump up my grades if I have to. The customer service rocks and I love getting to chat with the people here. I love school!!!!!!
ConsI don't really know if there is anything I don't like about this software. I don't like it when I forget my password or username or something. I maybe wish that I could chat with other students or maybe my classmates on here, but everything is so great. It was like pulling teeth trying to figure out bad things about this software.

By Gradelink on September 19, 2017
Thank you, Alana! We enjoy hearing from students and we're glad you love school and work hard to keep your grades up. Do you know about the Student/Parent mobile app? You can download it for free: gradelink.com/student-parent-app.
September 13, 2017
Cindy C.
Admissions
June 29, 2017

“Our school has been using this software for about 2 years and I am learning everyday . ”

OverallAs Admissions Coordinator it has really helped the process for online enrollment and management of less paper. Our school is slowly transitioning our system and process completly to Gradelink.
ProsWhat I like most is all that it has to offer, such as report cards, email communication and data management reports into exel or pdf. I like that the software is being updated and changed as new aspects become available and that there is a learning site to resource on how to use to our best advantage.
ConsFor now, I do wish the prospects portion of the software was a little more refined. It does store information that as a school we do use and resource however I do wish somehow those could be status switched to new enrollment if they chose to enroll. Seems like a lot of duplicating of information.

By Gradelink on July 12, 2017
It sounds like you're really getting a lot out of Gradelink, Cindy! Please contact your service representative to see how we can help you with moving prospects into enrollment. If there's not an easy solution, it may be something we can include in a future update.
Aimee R.
teacher/project aide
June 29, 2017

“The more I use Gradelink, the more I like about the program. The updates are great!”

OverallWe have enjoyed being able to enter data from any web browser. I also like being able to look up information on the go from my mobile devices.
ProsI love the simplicity of the program, the video tutorials, and the customer service. There have been many times we were relatively sure we understood how to enter data or fix an error, but we called to make sure. The customer service reps are always helpful and easy to understand.
ConsI wish the lesson plan module had a little more flexibility to carry over plans from year to year. If they carried over (without copying and pasting from folders) I would totally use every part of Gradelink as a teacher and a site admin.

By Gradelink on July 12, 2017
It's rewarding to us that you're getting so much out of Gradelink, Aimee! And thank for your feedback on Lesson Plans. We're always looking for ways to make improvements, so we appreciate it.
Sister Sharon D.
June 24, 2017

“Gradelink is an asset to our school program and the tech support is great!!!”

OverallIt is an easy way to track attendance and grades. The teachers are able to plan lessons on this software. The office and staff have access to demographic data as needed.
ProsThe ease of getting help with problems is one of the best features of the program. The program is easy for teachers to learn.
ConsThe program does not have a feature to log in and deal with Service Hours for parents. This is an essential area for our parents to be able to check on their hours without an individual parent needing to maintain a spreadsheet and send out emails one by one with parent data.

By Gradelink on July 13, 2017
It's great that San Garbriel Mission Elementary is getting so much out of Gradelink, Sister Sharon! But we're sorry to hear you're not getting what you want out of Service Hours. Please contact your service representative and we'll be happy to help you. If you haven't heard, volunteers can now enter and track service hours with the free Student/Parent Mobile App.
June 24, 2017
Jenny S.
High School Science and Math Teacher
July 5, 2016

“Gradelink: Teacher Gradebook”

OverallWe have been using Gradelink for 4 years and are very pleased with the Teacher/Admin/Student interface and the prompt, courteous customer service. After the initial set up, Gradelink staff continued to work with use to ensure our report cards and transcripts presented the student information the way we desired it to. The staff at Gradelink is continuously looking for ways to improve their product and listens to what we, the customer, desires, i.e. parent/student app, text message blasts, separate student/parent logins, etc.
ProsAs a teacher I appreciate the ability to see my students quarterly average instantaneously. I also appreciate that I am able to see the weight each assignment carries toward the overall grade. Add/editing assignments is very easy.
ConsAs a teacher, this software meets all my needs.

By Gradelink on July 19, 2016
It's rewarding to see that New Life is utilizing so many of the features built into Gradelink, Jenny! Thank you for the encouraging feedback.
July 5, 2016
Jacqueline J.
August 29, 2019

“Ease of Use”

OverallOverall, it has been a great time-saving tool for our school.
ProsI especially like the ease of use of this product. I don't have to do a lot of training of new teachers because it is so user-friendly. I simply give them their password and let them explore on their own.
ConsAs an administrator, I do wish that some of the reports were easier to find. I also wish there was a report for user passwords. When a teacher forgets his or her password, I have to actually change it. I would like to be able to simply look it up to tell them what it is.

By Gradelink on August 30, 2019
It's great to hear that you find Gradelink so easy to use, Jacqueline! For teachers that do need help, just click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink to access a series of short training videos, along with a wealth of other useful information.
August 29, 2019
Nancy B.
Director Curriculum & Instruction

“We LOVE Gradelink!”

OverallGradelink has solved so many issues of organization, communication, and data tracking and analysis for our school community. It has been a wonderful partnership!
ProsThis software is so user friendly. Parents and teachers love the ease of use and multiple functionality of the program. As a school, we love the Enroll Me feature. This has saved us countless hours of data entry and streamlined our registration process.
ConsEvery issue that has come up has been addressed quickly by the gradelink staff. The customer service is excellent!

By Gradelink on August 7, 2019
Thank you for sharing some of the ways you are using Gradelink to work smarter at St. John's, Nancy. We look forward to working with you for years to come!
Jennifer M.
March 22, 2019

“Gradelink review ”

OverallOverall gradelink is a great tool for any school to use. It helps keep all a child's information in one place and helps keep the school organized and running. It's made life as a teacher a lot easier to communicate with families of students in my class.
ProsI really like using gradelink for my classroom. It helps my supervisors, students, and parents all have access to the same system of information. I am able to put in my students grades, attendance, discipline, etc. all in the same software where we can go back and look at a later date if needed. It helps the parents of my students keep track of how their child is doing in school without them having to email me through out the semester.
ConsI don't like that I am unable to send certain messages/ pictures to numerous people and families at once. Everything has to be done one person at a time which just takes up extra time.

By Gradelink on April 19, 2019
It's great to hear that you're getting so much out of Gradelink, Jennifer! For help sending emails to multiple people, please login to your account and click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen or get in touch with your support rep. We're always happy to help.
March 22, 2019
Sharon S.
Admin assistant, registrar
December 21, 2016

“Best Customer Service is Gradelink's greatest asset”

OverallAs an admin/ registrar some of my tasks are infrequently performed; that plus the unique situations of our students' needs make tweaks necessary. The service techs are exact, courteous and always encouraging, in spite of errors on our end. Best tech support system I've encountered in the past 8 years!
ProsVariety of features available for completing the many tasks necessary in an academic setting. The constant updates of new ones are very encouraging.
ConsIt would be much more convenient taking attendance if classes could be grouped by their time periods as they can be under the classes tab.
Recommendations to other buyersHaving a strong and consistent source of internet connection is mandatory to save and retrieve data.

By Gradelink on July 7, 2017
Wow, that's great encouragement, Sharon! We promise to keep doing our best. As for taking attendance the way you mentioned, if you haven't done so yet, please contact support to see what we can do to help.
December 21, 2016