SutiExpense Ratings

Overall

About SutiExpense

SutiExpense can be easily configured to meet the unique expense reporting needs of any business. Its intuitive icon user interface and flexible design supports rapid deployment and adoption. Our software automates the process of creating, submitting, and approving expense reports leveraging third party integration and optical character recognition. Full integration with your General ledger for expense allocation, credit card data import, and seamless integration into your ERP. Learn more about SutiExpense

peter V.
Executive Director
October 4, 2019

“Brought our Expense Process into the 21st century”

OverallExtremely positive. We went from a paper based form to fully electronic in a very short period of time. The change management aspect was easy compared to other changes we have implemented. Strong support from the vendor, a dedicated support person who understood our business. This has lead to us processing expense payments in a quicker and more accurate manner.
ProsThe ease of Implementation both from a user perspective and also the technical integration into Great Plains. Working with SutiExpense, we were able to get the product up and running in no time. They were able to implement the various tax processing we needed for Canada which other providers could not do or could not do easily. Pricing model was flexible and worked well for us enabling us to keep costs down.
ConsWe may still be in the honeymoon process but to date we have not found any real cons. We had some minor hiccups with the implementation but support from the vendor was very good and helped us work through the issues. Some issues with the approval process but most of these were due to staff not be fully trained.
October 4, 2019
Greg W.
Western Regional Sales Manager
September 19, 2019

“Life just keeps getting easier”

OverallThis makes my life so much easier. Personally, I keep all of my receipts in my wallet and at the end of the night or week I enter them into my computer, then open the report on my phone and take pictures of them. This allows my guests to leave the restaurants quicker. Everything else is emailed to me like plane tickets, hotel receipts, UBER or Lyft, hotels and rental cars and I can just attach when entering (pdf is best). This is the quickest way for me and I don't forget anything.
ProsI can add to my expenses on the fly. I can save the receipt as a pdf and just attach it. Easy to go back and add or fix. I can attach multiple documents on one expense entry Very easy to identify the stage the expense is in as far as submitted and paid. The best part is I can do all of this from my smart phone. The new software is very impressive and easier to navigate. The new dashboard gives me everything, even what type of purchases I'm making (Amazing)!
ConsEarly on the entry would freeze (fixed now). The older software was not as easy to navigate, the upgrade is perfect. I wish I could just enter a dollar amount of a receipt somewhere and it would bring up other transactions that match that expenditure to identify if I am duplicating an earlier entry. It would be easier than the process it goes through verifying the expenses.
Betsy P.
CFO
February 18, 2019

“SutiExpense Review”

OverallWe wanted SutiExpense to treat the expense report submissions as a vendor transaction instead of an employee transaction. Approximately 800 volunteers were already in our financial software as vendors and they were submitting paper expense reports. SutiExpense support worked to make this happen, migrating the transactions from SutiExpense to the vendor database in our financial software. While this took several months to complete, we feel it was worth the extra time.
ProsVery user friendly. We rolled the software out to approximately 850 volunteers and staff. Overall we have received very positive feedback on how easy it is to use and the quick turn around time to receive reimbursement. Prior to SutiExpense volunteers and staff submitted paper expense reports with receipts attached. Also, SutiExpense's willingness to work with us on the changes we requested.
ConsThat we couldn't default the GL coding based on the purpose of the expense report. We put this in a recent SutiExpense survey and we've received notification that they are working to make this happen.
February 18, 2019
Dennis A.
Western Regional Sales Manager
December 5, 2018

“Westrn Regional Sales Manager”

OverallThis requires minimal time, I use to use excel SutiExpense is a time saver and allows me to do sales and not accounting. I have been using for two years and I can't recall any issues that were costly.
ProsMobile, Ease of Reporting and Ease of reviewing past reports & receipts.
ConsWhen corporate adds new monthly mileage costing, I have to delete and reload the App for the new rates to be available.

By SutiSoft on February 21, 2019
Hi Dennis, Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that SutiExpense is saving you time! To help you save more time in regards to updates, instead of having to delete and re-install the SutiExpense mobile app, next time you can save some steps by simply navigating to Settings > Sync within the mobile app. This will automatically sync your mobile app with the updates that your corporate administrator has made. Thank you, SutiSoft Customer Success Team
Wendi L.
Expense Team member
Events Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 6, 2018

“so easy to use-makes expense reports quick & easy”

Overallwe now have a one-stop shop for our employees. they can submit their Pcard transactions AND their cash expense reports in this one program. We have gotten some great feed back from the employees as well on how easy it is to use.
Prosas a user, this software is so simple to use and intuitive. As a program administrator and the one that trains the new employees, it makes life so easy. New employees seem to grasp this very easily. and we find that employees that find the software easy to use, will actually turn in the expense reports timely!!
Consour company's coding is a bit "intense" and therefore we do not encourage our employees to attempt to code via the phone app to avoid making mistakes. We do love the app for other features (especially the receipt capturing)
Mike K.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
September 26, 2019

“SutiExpense Review”

OverallWe are using SUTI for check requests and it is mostly working well and appreciated.
ProsSuti- is a nice tool and I think it has some greater potential.
ConsI wish it had the capability to copy previous Suti Requests to then edit and submit. For example: our organization submits monthly check requests so most of the information is the same, but unless I am not aware of a way to copy/edit previous submissions (which is highly possible) we have to start from scratch each time and that does take more time etc. Again, unless I don't know how to do this properly (which, again, is entirely possible), Suti doesn't seem to automatically populate or produce a pop-up with common and repeated data that is entered. For example: When typing in an address, it doesn't populate previously used addresses automatically, so we have to re-enter the same info. each month. Also, if you enter info. in the Address dialog box at the bottom of one of the screens, then save the Suti Request and exit, come back into it - a lot of times that address is either deleted or at least not complete.
September 26, 2019
Aaron B.
Director of Builder Sales-U.S and Canada

“Use of Suti”

OverallGreat option for easy expense managment
ProsEasy to Use software. Like to use it on my phone
ConsI don't like when I take a picture of a receipt on my phone that it stores these to my phone I have to go in and delete all of my receipts taking up space. Need to have an option that asked you if you want to save the receipts. Again, the point of having Suti is that you capture the phone and the receipts are saved on suti. I don't need them on my phone too.
William S.
Missionary
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
August 24, 2018

“Very pleased user!”

OverallVery, very please with the easy way to use this software. Makes reporting so much faster.
ProsThis has been such a great time saver for me because of not having to fill out paper forms, scanning them and then sending vouchers via email. I can do all my reporting over my phone and submit them as well.
ConsI can't seem to find in the software settings on my phone to select one country where I live instead of having to select it every time I record an expense for my report. It is always returns to the US.

By SutiSoft on August 29, 2018
Thanks for your valuable feedback. The selection of country preference will be added to the mobile solution in a future release. We do have this feature in the desktop solution. Once you add the country under preferences on the desktop, it will automatically sync with your mobile app.
August 24, 2018
Ashlan C.
Accounts Manager, Flight Ops
Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees
May 17, 2019

“SutiExpense review”

OverallOverall Suti has been great to work with. We look forward to getting more comfortable with the software and would recommend the software to other companies. Your support team is great!
ProsOur company really likes the real time of the mobile app and how user friendly it is.
ConsWhen you select a date range to import transactions it wont pull your entire statement if the transaction or posting date is different. Wish you guys had on site training or are able to log in and screen share to make sure we are using the full functionality.
May 17, 2019
Stephanie A.
CFO
May 5, 2017

“Overall very good experience”

ProsThe phone app is great. I like the ability to email receipts. Once everything is in place, it is very easy to upload into QuickBooks.
ConsCredit cards are a bit of a challenge, particularly for transactions paid for in advance. Additionally, there are some challenges trying to change expense categories. Often transactions must be deleted and then re-entered.
Anthea S.
Marketing Coordinator
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2017

“Streamlines expense reporting & approval, especially submitting receipts!”

OverallVery convenient for submitting expense reports, and I get an email for each submission & approval that lets me know where it is in the workflow. Even with the flaws, I'm very happy with it!
ProsI love the way I can use the mobile app to build my whole report, snapping photos of the receipts with my phone as I enter each one. MUCH quicker than our old process, which involved tape and a photocopier...
ConsThe mobile app, at least on Android, currently has a glitch where it crashes if I try to backdate an expense. They're working on it, but it's a little irritating to need to log on to the desktop app to fix the dates, rather than just submitting from my phone. I've never gotten the hang of emailing receipts in to attach because the mobile app is so much easier!
July 18, 2017
Eugene L.
Director of Sales

“Expense Report Review”

OverallGood performance rarely have software issues and downtime with app
ProsSimplicity of use of the app is welcome..
ConsICONS-- Would like to be able to move them around on bar.. Several fo them are not used by me routinely.. I would like to move the ones that I have in the order that I would like.

By SutiSoft on February 21, 2019
Hi Eugene, Thank you for your suggestion! Good idea about being able to change the order of the icons to your preference. We currently have this option available at the Admin level where the Administrator can set the order of the icons for all users, but we like the idea of being able to change the order to the employee's preference. We have submitted your idea to our Product Management team for review. Keep an eye out! Thank you, SutiSoft Customer Success Team
Rob C.
PMO
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
August 6, 2018

“Easy and Functional”

OverallWe were looking for a custom solution and Suti was able to meet that need. They were quick to respond and seem to always have a solution.
ProsEase of use. Suti was great to work with to meet our needs. Our end users love the multiple ways of getting receipts into the system.
ConsI don't really have Cons, but if I had to come up with something it would be that the ADMIN section can be a little confusing. Could use more pop ups to explain what some of the settings actually control.
August 6, 2018
Ryan G.
Team Leader - ABL Consulting Services
Accounting, 11-50 employees
August 9, 2016

“SUTI Is THE Answer to Expense Reporting and AP Management”

OverallSupport has been exemplary. Any small issues encountered during our implementation were resolved within 1 business day; and assistance was clear and concise. The Software was easy to roll out to our team; with most staff able to self teach given how intuitive the platform is. The generic training videos are also a great tool; and the virtual training we received was terrific in walking through all the specifics.
ProsGeneral ease of use; Intuitive nature of product (both Mobile and Web based); Amazing support; Automation of our Firms Expense reporting and Reimbursement work flow.
ConsImage capture makes turns each receipt into an individual page; which can be cumbersome with 20+ expense line items. Ability to merge receipts into a single page for print out (or in our case billing) would be a huge bonus (let me know if I just missed that part of the tutorial :)).
Recommendations to other buyersBest option and value our firm could find after months of research and demos. Great implementation experience, and customization of the platform and reports to meet our specific needs was superb.
August 9, 2016
Jeff E.
Manager, Field Sales and Training
December 11, 2018

“SutiExpense is worth the expense”

ProsEase of Use User Friendly Mobile app works great and allows you to review, approve and process expenses
ConsCategories could be further broken down Editing in mobile app is a little cumbersome
John G.
Individual & Family Services, 501-1000 employees

“John Gardipee MSW”

OverallIt makes check submissions quick and saves a great deal of time in my busy schedule.
ProsExtremely easy to get familiar with and to use.
ConsThere is nothing I disliked it is a fantastic tool.
Katri F.
Financial Operations Analyst
Management Consulting, 1001-5000 employees
September 6, 2018

“Very User Friendly for All Global Users”

OverallWe find our card expenses are turned in more frequently as the users feel the phone app and processes are so easy.
ProsAble to use across many currencies and countries without issue. The phone app is best a big win for our users.
ConsReporting across our 30 programs could be more robust as we currently run individual reports. Suti is working on a solution for us.
Rich K.
IT Administrator
April 15, 2013

OverallHighly recommend
ProsWe vetted 6 providers before deciding to use SutiExpense. Suti support was a great project management assistance throughout implementation. They required weekly online meetings to keep the implementation moving forward with tasks assigned and reviewed each meeting. It was thorough and successful. Since service implementation, our users have found it to be easy to use overall. Besides the ease of implementation and user reaction, the other major plus has been the responsiveness of the support and programming staff. We have made numerous requests to make the service easier for our users and more effective for our cost controls. Almost every request has been incorporated. The end result has been a great addition to our system and a project that our IT department was commended for initiating and completing.
ConsWe literally had over a 100 requests for tweaks to their system / software service. These were items that are particular to our industry needs. To date, less than 6 could not be implemented in the current architecture. So we have no "cons" to list.
April 15, 2013
Robert R.
District Manager
Food Production, 501-1000 employees

“My Opinion”

ProsThe ease of the system, moving tab to tab. Wish I had this years ago..
ConsSometimes put incorrect dollar amounts from receipt
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

“sutiexpense”

Prosease of use auto review of duplicates
Consapp bugs quick auto log out on pc opens second window after sign in
tori d.
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

“Very user friendly”

ProsThe software is easy to use and the customer service has been great.
ConsI have had no issues with the software,
Consumer Electronics, 501-1000 employees
November 19, 2018

“Easy to Use”

OverallExpense reporting is what we use Sutisoft for. It has made the job of organizing and importing the information into our system easy and has saved me 40 + hours a month in keying in the information manually.
ProsEase of use, ability to tailor to your needs, support is great
Consreporting is limited and not customizable by the user.
November 19, 2018
Carlos R.
Energy Business Development Manager
September 21, 2019

“Simplistic Expense Reporting”

OverallI have now been using SutiExpense for 4 years I use it almost daily works great for me.
ProsThe simplicity and user friendly software makes for reduction in hours that it used to take to complete expense reports I simply take pictures complete expense details and send to my receipts account. Nice Icons for each expense type makes for easier tracking .
ConsI really did not find any negatives this product was an upgrade very user friendly and practical for us.
September 21, 2019
Brian H.
Controller
Printing, 51-200 employees

“Overall good product”

ProsConvenient, easy to use. App works well.
ConsSometimes receipts get dropped after linking to an expense.
Chae B.
SSVF Coordinator

“SutiExpense Review”

ProsIt is easy to use and it provides all the information I need to have to submit a check.
ConsI can't store documents I use for each client to reuse on a later date. I have to resubmit the documents a again.
Adrian T.
Territory Salea Mgr
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

“Simple to Use”

OverallOverall experience has been good. It makes keeping track on my expenses easy.
ProsThis app is convenient and simple to use
ConsThe OCR doesn't really work well. It proceeds as if it is pulling info but it pulls nothing. Not sure why.
Chemicals, 51-200 employees

“SuitiExpense Review”

OverallI have had a great experience with the SutiExpense app and software.
ProsI really like that it is very user friendly and has a very small learning curve. I was not given the best training on putting in expense reports so I had to teach myself. I caught on quickly and have had no real problems since.
ConsI do not like the online version as much as the phone software. I think that the app is quicker and more user friendly.
Scott S.
Consulting Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“SutiExpense”

ProsEvery interaction I have had with the SutiExpense support team has been exceptional. Issues I passed on to them were handled quickly and I had personal follow-up to let me know the status of the updates and then to check with me after the updates had been released to make sure I was happy.
ConsThe date feature on the mobile app always seems odd. I think it must be tied to GMT...
Phil S.
Sr. Regional Sport Sales Manager

“First review”

OverallBeen A good too thus far!
ProsOnce you learn the system, it's makes reporting expenses MUCH less painless, let's face it, expense reporting is a fan favorite. Much better than the reporting systems I have used previous positons.
ConsThat you cannot use it off-line. There are times I would like to catch up on expenses while on a flight, but unable to without a cellular/Wi-Fi connection.
Bill D.
Senior Account Executive
Industrial Automation, 51-200 employees
December 11, 2018

“SutiExpense is Easy & Quck”

OverallWe use SutiExpense for all expense reporting. The software interface is unfriendly and is it has proven to be a valuable tool for our company
Prosthe software is intuitive. SutiExpense is very easy to use Simple download of receipts Easy Approval process with email notifications, makes the approval process transparent
ConsI happy with the software and cannot recommend any changes at this time.
Eric H.
Senior Accountant
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 15, 2018

“Suti saves hours of data entry”

OverallReplaced our excel based system with Suti, improved our reimbursement time by 5 days and reduced data entry by 15 hours a month. All of the remote employees love it and cant stop raving about how much better expense reimbursement is now.
ProsEasy interface, electronic approvals, rejection at the line level.
ConsReporting is a bit rigid, more flexibility with which fields you can add to a report would be an asset.
Denise G.
Director of Administration
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2018

“SutiExpense works Well”

OverallIt is great the way it brings my expenses into Quickbooks, having all the expenses on one report to invoice clients is great as well, I used to have to import from several places to accomplish what this portal does
ProsCombines many things I did manually into an easy reporting solution.
ConsI can't say I have any complaints about the software at this time
December 21, 2018
Ben P.
Territory Manager
Consumer Electronics, 1001-5000 employees
September 19, 2019

“Expense Reporting is a Breeze”

OverallI don't have any issues using Suti, nothing that is operationally dependent, just preferential. :)
ProsIt's fast to use, and easy to log expenses "at time of".
ConsFor my food expense, it requires an arrival date, departure date, and expense incurred date. I would recommend that for food, just require one date.
Patricia C.
Budget Manager
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees
November 27, 2018

“Great product!”

OverallGreat software for the entire team! We have a team that travels everywhere and sometimes they do not have internet, this software allows them to still scan their receipts and enter the information. Thank you.
ProsVery easy to use. Great customer service!
ConsTakes a bit of time to learn, but customer support was a tremendous help.
November 27, 2018
Cassandra H.
Training Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 501-1000 employees
November 15, 2018

“Excellent product and customer service. ”

OverallMy experience with Suti has been very positive. All of my needs are met with this software and it is easy to use and understand. Any problems I have are easily worked out.
ProsThis software is extremely user-friendly. I find that because it is so easy to use it is very easy to teach. As the Training Manager, this is important in my role.
ConsThe only thing I dislike is that sometimes the app does not function and loses all my data. Fortunately, this does not happen often and it is resolved fairly quickly.
Joseph D.
Director of Finance
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
May 5, 2017

“Simple setup and Admin. Easy to pay and process.”

Overallsave time and money
ProsEasy to use, easy to add implement. Mobile app works well. Easy to get Direct deposit set up, integrate with QB online and add chart of accounts. Approval process is very clean and setting up hierarchy is easy as well. Receipt viewer works well.
ConsMissing a few small features I would like. Projects codes on the front screen would be great since we do a lot of billable projects. Would like to be able to mark a report as billed easily. Receipt capture needs to be improved as it doesn't get much right. Quickbooks integration lacks ability to set the posting date in the system. Need to manually go in and change posting period in QB.
Roger D.
Business Development Manager
Packaging and Containers, 201-500 employees

“Ease of use and Fast”

OverallExcellent. No issues. Paid very quickly once approved.
ProsThe ease of use from entering an expense to attaching receipts. The quickness of an email sent to the approving manager for the expense to be reviewed an approved for payment.
ConsNothing at this time that I can think of for a con.
Rose M.
associate
Accounting, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2018

“works for me”

Prosthe ease of use, I am able to attach the appropriate documents to my report, my employer is able to get my expense report quickly and it makes the reimbursement quicker
Consthe fields in the description of the expense is hard to see what you typed or go back and change it, it gets chopped off
September 18, 2018
Kamar G.
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2017

“SutiSoft is very intuitive...and in the case where we get stuck, someone is also there.”

ProsSending receipts directly from my email. Customer Service is easy to reach. Their manual is very straightforward.
ConsNot every credit card is able to sync with the software. This is a work in progress. Sometimes, the Software doesn't recognize taxes the way it should. That could be a user issue.
December 21, 2017
Richard B.
Creative Services Manager
Chemicals, 501-1000 employees
January 29, 2019

“Easy & Convenient System”

ProsI love the feature of just being able to snap pictures of my receipts while on the road, and have them there ready in the system when I go to put in the expense report.
ConsThe mobile version is a little more difficult to use as far as filling out reports.
Ric M.
Dir. of National Accounts

“Expense input”

ProsIt is simple today to enter expenses and take a pic.
ConsIt would be nice if you could take an e.mail confirmation from a credit card company and auto enter the expense data and let the user approve or deny the company expense.
John B.
Sales Rep
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

“SutiExpense Software”

OverallMy experience has been good so far and I'm able to do my expense reports much faster now compared to the previous company we used.
ProsI find SutiExpense very easy to navigate. I'm happy my company switched providers and picked SutiExpense because I can breeze through my expense reports now.
ConsThe only problem I have run into was when I needed to take a pic of a receipt on SutiExpense App from my Android device and I was unable to do it. However, I put in a service request and I was contacted promptly and told it was just a matter of them updating the app with a fix for the issue.
Ashraf K.
Controller
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“SutiExpense Review”

OverallGreat experience, despite being complex the support was responsive
ProsGreat support, had a lot of questions and the team answered them timely
ConsVery complex, need lots of support to understand everything
Christa Z.
Development
Financial Services, 51-200 employees

“Software questionnaire ”

OverallOverall it's successful and a great program
ProsIt's easy to learn and use. I like how it's formatted and easy on the eye
ConsSometimes it times out and I have to log back in
Richard B.
Territory manager
Construction, 11-50 employees
December 13, 2018

“Suiti in the field ”

OverallMakes life much easier
ProsEase of use on the go. I never have to worry about losing receipts again.
ConsHaving to fill in the info that the picture should pick up
December 13, 2018
Rob C.
National Sales Manager - Jan/San

“Better than spreadsheets”

OverallOverall good, but there are several inconsistencies within the logic of the program.
ProsIt allows you to send receipts right to a holding place for consolidating later.
ConsSometimes a challenge to see or find receipts from tiny postage stamp size pictures.

By SutiSoft on February 21, 2019
Hi Rob, Thank you for your feedback! We understand it could be a bit difficult to see receipts only from a thumbnail image, which is why we offer a few different options to expand the view of the receipt. One option is to click on the receipt thumbnail image itself which will provide a pop-up with the full view of the receipt. Additionally, if you click on the edit icon in the My Receipts screen, a pop-up will appear with options to zoom in or open the full size of the receipt into a new browser tab for review. Throughout the environment, we provide the option to view the complete receipt, simply by clicking on the 'View Complete Receipt' button above the receipt image. With that being said, we are always open to new suggestions. Please feel free to reach out to us with any further feedback! Thank you, SutiSoft Customer Success Team
Music, 51-200 employees

“Ease of use”

OverallOverall experience has been positive.
ProsCovers all the basis Allows you to make corrections on the fly Seamless integration
ConsClunky integration for adding regional tax amounts
Robert F.
service rep
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

“Suti review”

Overallgood once you have created your expense
Prosdoes expenses, tracks receipts, does auto exchange rates.
Conswhen starting a expenses report adding information does not always save.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

“Valuable User”

OverallOverall this makes credit card reconcillation easier but there needs to be improvements in the software to capture accurate data and maybe even recognize and match up more receipts to the transactions automatically
ProsSimplified in uploading receipts, auto matching up receipts
ConsThis does not accurately pull information from the receipts (vendor and $ totals generally wrong)
Stephanie H.
Admin. Supv.
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees

“SutiSoft”

OverallGood. I have had no issues with the Software.
ProsIt is intuitive. Easy uploads. User friendly.
ConsSometimes runs slow. Cancellation is difficult.