Formsite Ratings

Overall

About Formsite

Easily build professional online html forms and web surveys. Choose from over 100 pre-built web form templates that you can customize for registrations, reservations, secure orders, customer surveys and payment collection. Our Drag & Drop editor lets you easily design almost any type of web form or survey. Responsive forms are standard, making them look great on all devices. We host your form and securely store your results that you can email, analyze, share, and download at any time. Learn more about Formsite

Jane C.
volunteer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2016

“Lately improved”

OverallExtensive use in our group to track applications and contracts. Clients had problems completing the forms on smartphones because the information would sometimes "slide" between questions. This issue has apparently been addressed in upgrades. Takes awhile to get familiar with its numerous features.
ProsA number of ways to track and search data. The volume of information it can be formatted to gather.
ConsOne thing. When we add data to the form, it requires you to go all the way to the end of the form to update it. Have update option at beginning AND end of a form.
Recommendations to other buyersI have never seen any instructions for use. I essentially had to fumble my way through and I am not sure that I am familiar with all the features and uses.
December 6, 2016
Sergio R.
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
February 6, 2017

“The best software for forms on earth without hesitation”

OverallThe best software for forms on earth without hesitation. If someone does not like it, there are 2 options: Or selected the wrong software profile (customer mistake) or did not use it at all. If you need forms online for surveys, take massive registration and why not, use it as a landing page in a marketing funnel, you will not find any other option better than this, I promise you that.
Pros- Easy to use. - Amazing features. - The best support on earth. - Only pros, no cons at all.
Cons- No cons at all, only pros (I have used it for more than 4 years) and have not find any con so far.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you need forms, surveys, massive registration or landing page, do not look further, choose this one without hesitation.
February 6, 2017
Janet W.
Director of Membership and Communications
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2018

“Formsite - more than forms”

OverallI have used this product for over ten years and prefer it to others on the market. It is great for a simple registration form and surveys. Also works well for uploading documents and information that needs to be gathered from members. We are very satisfied with the functionality.
ProsVery simple to create surveys and forms. The variety of forms gives flexibilty to quickly and easily use it for multiple purposes. Able to customize with your own graphics. Appearance can be fun and whimsical or very corporate-looking. There are affordable options for any size business or organization.
ConsThe Save and Return feature needs improvement as it can be confusing for users to figure out how to reopen their responses once they have closed it. Also, the platform doesn't take the user back to where they left off; they need to page through all the previous responses to get to first uncompleted section. We have requested this enhancement.
December 14, 2018
Conrad W.
April 13, 2018

“Great way to customize release forms”

ProsI run a niche business that has specific needs for liability waiver forms. This gives me the ability to quickly get the client signed off and move on.
ConsOnce we had reached a certain limit, the software did not accept any more forms on the tablet. I had to change my preferences in the field and made a log jam while trouble shooting. A warning that we were getting close would have been helpful.

By Formsite on April 16, 2018
Thanks for the review! Our system sends an email to the account email address when you approach your results limit for the form. We don't send multiple emails for multiple forms, however, so if you received a warning email recently for that or another form then you wouldn't have seen this one. Also, the message may have been filtered by your email account and you may find it in your spam folder. Thanks again and feel free to contact us at any time with any questions: https://www.formsite.com/contact.html
April 13, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
January 22, 2018

“Formsite gave us a platform to organize numerous miscellaneous requests that come in daily. ”

OverallThis software has allowed us to organize our marketing requests on one platform.
ProsThere is a ton of functionality in Formsite. You can pretty much create any type of form with plenty different styles of questions.
ConsBecuase of the level of customization that is available, it can get very confusing. The set up is probably necessary to carry out the customization, but it can get overwhelming. Exporting reports to excel is a little bit of a pain. I would enjoy more customization there.
January 22, 2018
Alan M.
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2019

“Formsite...a GREAT product!”

ProsI really like having the ability to create our own online registration forms for different events that we host. From start to finish, I can have registration for an event up and running in just a few minutes. I also really like the ability to download the data that's captured on the registration forms, so that I can manipulate in my own spreadsheet.
ConsAbsolutely nothing. Formsite is a great product and I highly recommend!

By Formsite on July 26, 2019
Thanks for the review and the good words! We love hearing from people who find our service useful. If you ever have any suggestions for how to make our service better or questions we can help with, feel free to contact us from https://www.formsite.com/contact. Thanks again!
July 25, 2019
Elizabeth S.
Director of Communications
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
October 2, 2019

“Very easy to use”

OverallI've used this with many different companies and always had great results.
ProsDrag and drop to set up forms is very easy to use. Simple user interface. Easy to edit results. Easy to integrate with authorize.net
ConsYou have to upload any images you want to use on an external server and then pull the url into formsite, which takes an additional step.

By Formsite on October 4, 2019
Hello, thanks for the review. To address your comment about images, you can upload your images into your Formsite account's User menu -> Files & Images page to use them with your forms or Notifications. You don't need to use an external server, although you can if the images are already there. Thanks again!
October 2, 2019
Johnny C.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2018

“Formsite was flawless ”

OverallFormsite allowed us to seamlessly connect potential leads to our program with our staff.
ProsEase of use. How well it worked. It just did the job.
ConsThe software worked up to our standard. No cons at all.
November 2, 2018
Kathleen M.
Director of Membership Services
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees
February 21, 2019

“Great Product for any kind of form”

OverallI use it for so many things, and the continue to upgrade the features, which is nice. I really could not work without it now.
ProsIt is so flexible and lets me customize the look and feel of my forms as well as create applications, surveys, etc. All the different options for drop-down, radio buttons, signature blocks, the ease of including photos and images are so great. I keep finding more ways to use it.
Constech support is not great, you can't call and talk to someone, which is really frustrating sometimes.
February 21, 2019
Keith A.
Human Resources, Self-employed
November 15, 2016

“Great product, tons you can do with it, easy to embed ”

OverallI use formsite.com for all my forms for my website. There is so many features I cant begin to list them, but it is super easy to create forms, share forms, set up notifications, results, etc. Easy to embed into my website, easy to edit (which automatically edits the embedded form on my website). Have not had to use the customer support because it's very self explanatory.
ProsVery Customizable, easy to share and embed. Can set up notifications for multiple people for part or all of each result.
ConsPrice goes up if you need more forms or a larger amount of results or more GB.
November 15, 2016
karissa b.
marketing and events manager
December 15, 2017

“It is fine for small events but forget trying to organize anything where people sign up in groups”

ProsUser-friendly, works for individual sign-ups.
ConsExport file is not reliable, payment status unreliable, customer support was just plain unhelpful. When you have multiple people sign up in one form, there is no way to export the file and have all the names in one column. We make name tags and check people in for our events and having the file exoprt the names into column z when other names are in column b just doesn't work! I asked if this is something I could have assistance with from customer service and I got a "NO". not helpful thanks....

By Formsite on December 18, 2017
Thank you for reviewing Formsite. To clarify, there is a way to do what you describe, which is to design the form to collect a single person per submission. Each result is recorded on its own row and there isn't a way to change how the system works, so the solution is to work with the system to get the results you want. Our customer service explained that and did not reply with a "NO", as your message seems to indicate. It's definitely possible to do what you ask and we even have a blog post with instructions: https://blog.formsite.com/2016/11/18/allow-multiple-answers-formsite-form/ The other solution we proposed was to explore how to work with your results export file with Excel to format your results as you need.
December 15, 2017
Kendra P.
Industry Services Coordinator
Government Relations, 11-50 employees
November 18, 2018

“Great use for sponsorship applications”

OverallWe mainly use it for sponsor & exhibitor sales for our conferences.
ProsThe flexible use of conditional logic on the form and in emails. This allows you to creat unique experiences for the user.
ConsIf a payment doesn't go thru, there is no way to troubleshoot through Formsite. Additionally, if not using a login for customers, they cannot save and return to their application, which if not completed, will take items out of inventory.
November 18, 2018
February 14, 2018

“Great for surveys, inquiry forms, etc.”

ProsSeveral things I love about this program - it's online based so I can access anywhere, the document uploader is amazing (great if a client wants to submit a photo of inspiration to us), and it's super easy to get a new form created.
ConsOnce a form reaches it's maximum amount of results we have to clear out the old results. Totally understandable however it would be great if a notification got sent out when you get close to reaching that maximum.

By Formsite on February 15, 2018
Thanks for the review. The system does send out an email when your form is approaching the results limit. Check your spam folder to make sure it's not being filtered. Thanks again!
February 14, 2018
Law Practice, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 22, 2018

“Not for complicated responsive forms”

ProsForm responses are encrypted by default.
ConsThe reason I didn't stick with Formsite is because I was trying to create a fairly complicated, responsive intake form for my law firm, and there's no way to edit rules for more than one item at a time-meaning that you have to create a rule for every single item individually. That's all fine and good if you're building a short, simple form, but I wasted an entire day messing around with Formsite without getting very far on my intake form. Maybe I could've eventually created an amazing form, but I think it would've taken me a week to get there, and I don't have that kind of time.

By Formsite on September 28, 2018
Thanks for considering us and for the review. Yes, item rules and page rules can only be created on individual rules, but the rules are only used to show or hide items so not every item needs a rule. For forms with a large number of items, combining them on separate pages is typical to make for easier completing and you can set up the page rules to skip pages if needed. You don't mention the problem you had with responsive forms. Our forms are mobile-friendly and responsive by default so they're easily completed on all devices. My recommendation is to always contact the customer support people if there are any questions about how to do things. Our support staff is always ready to provide suggestions and answers. https://www.formsite.com/contact.html Thanks again!
September 22, 2018
Angela S.
Church Admin
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2018

“Useful form builder”

OverallI've used Formsite for quizzes, surveys, sign-ups, and an in-depth 102 question assessment. Worked well each time.
ProsIt's pretty easy to get started. They offer a free version which is great if you want to try before you buy. You will have to upgrade to get the added features and to be able to get more submissions. Drag and drop concept like other web builders.
ConsIt took a while to get used to the validation codes. I think it is a little behind the times in that area. But works if you have the patience to link each cell together.
December 12, 2018
March 30, 2018

“Excellent software for good looking forms”

ProsThis creates the most flexible, clean looking forms out there. After trying several other form creators I came back to this one. I can create a form to match any type of branding. The notifications are instant and reliable.
ConsThe software is a little pricey for a low use user like myself. I only needed this to create a reliable web contact form.

By Formsite on April 3, 2018
Thanks for the review! Note that we have a Free service level that allows for indefinitely free service. Send any questions to our support staff at https://www.formsite.com/contact.html.
March 30, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
October 16, 2018

“Works Great for the Most Part ”

ProsIts great to get information quickly with a link. Building the forms are pretty easy.
ConsI hate the layout of viewing all of your forms, it gets confusing. Some settings for each form are in very random places. It is one of those sites that you have to check EVERYTHING before saving. The settings drive me nuts.
October 16, 2018
Jonathan W.
Marketing Guru
April 22, 2018

“Formsite is an amazing tool ”

ProsI absolutely love formsite because it is incredibly easy to use , there are an array of valuable tools and the platform allows for the creation is aesthetically pleasing forms.
ConsNo cons at all, I am overall happy with form site; it's an amazing tool that we use on the daily for all of our need.

By Formsite on April 24, 2018
We love hearing reviews like this! Thanks for choosing Formsite.
April 22, 2018
Brian W.
President & Co-Founder
May 9, 2018

“Comprehensive form builder for small businesses and startups!”

ProsFormsite is a great tool if you'd like to embed a comprehensive or simple form on your website. We used it to create a fairly complex online application and it had great flexibility for our needs. It has powerful conditional formatting and overall the value for the functions and features is worth it.
ConsThe design interface for the tool took a little while to get used to using. It is a drag and drop, but building the fields and the conditional formatting was something that had a small learning curve.
May 9, 2018
Holly H.
Marketing assistant
June 15, 2017

“Great features”

ProsFormsite is a little pricey, but it makes embedding and utilizing every function you'd want from a fort very simple . Includes piping, auto responses, rules,m and anything you'd need. You can create unique forms and get results exactly the way you want them.
June 15, 2017
Joanna C.
September 9, 2015

“Formsite is Excellent”

OverallI've been using Formsite to develop customized online survey for years and I couldn't rate them more highly! The surveys look professional and they offer all the options I've ever needed, including branching to scoring to signature blocks. Plus, their customer support is excellent - I have always gotten a response to support questions within hours, even on holiday weekends.
September 9, 2015
Katie M.
elearning production and design coordinator
June 7, 2017

“Love the variety of options”

ProsThis is the perfect way to build a custom form with little coding experience necessary. So pleased with the forms on my site now, they ask exactly what I want, in the order.
ConsThe only thing I could say is a wider variety of text box and entry boxes might be nice, just to customize the aesthetics a little more.
June 7, 2017
Ketty H.
April 13, 2016

“Functional and Flexible”

OverallI've had a great experience with FormSite building everything from training registration forms to employment application. It's easy to use and customize to meet a variety of needs.
April 13, 2016
Ketty M.
February 8, 2017

“Variety of functions ”

OverallI've used form site with a number of my clients. It's great for everything from web registration to surveys to job applications.
February 8, 2017