ReferralCandy Ratings

Overall

About ReferralCandy

Grow your sales through word-of-mouth marketing! Reward your customers for referrals and watch the sales and shares roll in. ReferralCandy connects instantly with popular ecommerce platforms (Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento) or choose custom API and advanced integrations. ReferralCandy also integrates with other marketing tools such as AdRoll, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, ReCharge, Fomo or Chargebee and many others. Learn more about ReferralCandy

Jonathan K.
Digital Strategist
Internet, 1-10 employees
July 24, 2019

“Referral Candy Is Great!”

OverallAll of our customers have the potential to become brand advocates and earn nice commissions in the process. Big fan of that.
ProsIt's pretty easy to set up, and customers automatically become affiliates/partners once it is set up, so that's great.
ConsThere was an issue with the set up because of the way our cart worked, but Referral Candy helped us get it resolved. I also initially had some challenges finding everything in the admin login, but once I got to the right place once, it was easy to find what I was looking for again.
July 24, 2019
Andrey K.
Senior Developer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 25, 2019

“Great business solution”

OverallNone.
ProsWe use ReferralCandy in Shopify and it really works great. Very easy to setup and use. Each of our clients receives a referral link, can recommend our products to their friends and receive bonuses. All the functional is implemented very well. Customer support is friendly and prompt with responses!
ConsOne currency available for payouts at the moment
August 25, 2019
Michel F.
Principal Engineer
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees
June 26, 2019

“Flexible, easy to setup, great support”

ProsSetup was painless, it's quite flexible in how you implement the referral system and support has been sublime. Rep was great in helping setup the program and was very responsive the whole way through. The free trial is generous and has no restrictions, so you could test all you want before deciding to pay.
ConsWhile setup was easy, it did take a while to verify before we could implement.
June 26, 2019
Kyle B.
Co-Founder
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
September 22, 2019

“ReferralCandy experience”

OverallIt's been a good experience so far, though we have not had much luck thus far getting referrals, but that is more on us and our customers, not the software. Their customer support has been very responsive by email, Representative has been especially helpful.
ProsI like the pricing structure of a low monthly fee compared to other products coupled with a modest pay-for-performance fee. Product was very easy to setup, we were able to easily setup the Javascript on our check-out page.
ConsFor the emails that go out I'd like to be able to reference some more dynamic fields we can build into the email message such as the referrer's referral link.
September 22, 2019
Joel H.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
April 23, 2019

“ReferralCandy is a wonderful customer referral platform -- We highly recommend it”

ProsReferralCandy is extremely easy to setup (just drop in some code), and soon every new customer who buys from you becomes a potential affiliate. It is also very easy to setup and customize the program parameters. We have used this at two companies now, and plan to keep using Referral Candy in the future.
ConsThere could be some better reporting options for users to be able to track their traffic and referrals.
Barbara B.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
August 22, 2019

“ReferralCandy review”

OverallActually, thus far, no orders have come in through Referral Candy so I'm excited to see how this unfolds.
ProsThat it's easy for customers to use. I recently needed a question answered and customer service executive went above and beyond to help me out. She replied quickly and her support was very much appreciated.
ConsIntegrating it with my Square Space. Took waaaayyy more work than expected.
August 22, 2019
Domenick V.
Retail, 1-10 employees
January 31, 2019

“Great service and product”

OverallOverall this is a great product. CSR and team are also always very helpful and there when needed!
ProsBrings in a great amount of new customers!
ConsI do not have any cons with Referral Candy
January 31, 2019
Amin A.
Founder, Executive Director
Media Production, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2018

“Excellent Automated Marketing Tool ”

OverallIt's a staple of our Shopify-based ecommerce store.
ProsReferral Candy works. We use it as a part of our Shopify store, and we've had success with it. About 3% of our monthly sales are generated via Referral Candy. The interface is easy to use, and the constantly make improvements, month to month. We essentially set it up, and review it once every four months - we love how little administration we need to do.
ConsWe've seen other referral programs offer a "stage-based" referral incentive (eg if you refer 5 or 10 people you get a special Gift). I wish Referral Candy offered this. Additionally, there are automatic "share" buttons that are easy to include for customers associated with Facebook and Twitter. I wish they had the ability for us to program sharing via WhatsApp. Finally, it appears the price has increased for ge software, which is not ideal
November 8, 2018
Julie L.
Chief Executive Manager
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

“A suitable solution”

OverallWe have definitely increased the number of people that tell friends and whose friends convert to a purchase. Word of mouth is our most cost effective means of promotion. We still do many other things as well but dollar for dollar this is a fantastic value compared to advertising.
ProsReferral Candy is easy to use and implement on my site. Customer support is friendly and prompt with responses. My customers really appreciate the rewards for telling friends.
ConsThe emails are a little clunky to edit and I had a little trouble finding the setting that controlled how frequently people received reminder emails, and a few clients got irritated by that. I found the setting for that finally and now no longer send reminder emails.
Michael D E.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2019

“Easy to use with Woocommerce”

OverallThe amount of detail I can see from the dashboard regarding my customer interactions is really amazing.
ProsThe ease of setup and implementing into our woocommerce marketplace. Rep was a great help in ensuring we were live and functional with ReferralCandy.
ConsI don't like the commission on referral dollars. Our marketplace does not make money on most of the transactions from our site so this will be a cost we have to eat as our traffic increases, but we hope that the traffic will add to our overall subscription services sales. It is risky as we grow.
September 20, 2019
Timo S.
Affiliate Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

“Great software”

OverallOveral we are satisfied with ReferralCandy. It let our customers promote our product to their friends and we are getting new customers, which we otherwise wouldn't have reached.
ProsThe software is really simple to integrate and to use.
ConsThere is no possibility to do A/B testing.
June 14, 2018

“Amazing product for boosting word of mouth marketing.”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is how easy it is to set up and get started on creating referral programs. Referral Candy makes it very easy for us to implement their system for merchants to boost conversions and spread the word about their companies in such an amazing way.
ConsWhat I like least about this software is the leap for monthly pricing as you get into the enterprise space, however that's just because it's harder to get a client to sign up for it (but hey, that's just business and I get it). The monthly price point is hard to beat for something like this, so it's a good alternative.
June 14, 2018
April 8, 2018

“Its a cost-effective, user-friendly application that can be customized per my use.”

OverallIts is best solution, per se, to maximize the voice of customers. I've found out that the best thing a customer loves is getting rewarded for their time, their referral.
ProsI've tried other apps in the remote past, but sticked to this one because it can be customized and re-customized to my needs. I like clean UI and stats and it really boosted our revenue by 15-20%. Works well with shopify and each and every clean customer who recommends our site/product is rewarded. I have already recovered the ReferralCandy cost in the third month of its use.
ConsPrice may be a concern for small stores. Limitations in discount codes is a big no-no, and fraud automation instead of full automation makes other competitors suffer.
April 8, 2018
Sara K.
Marketing Manager.
May 13, 2019

“Great Customer Service”

OverallA very positive experience so far!
ProsI've only just started using this software, so I haven't had a whole lot of time with it yet. From what I have seen so far, however, I'm impressed! It gives me the options that I have been looking for and everything is easy to follow. The best part so far is their great customer service. The rep was awesome in helping solve my problems in a timely manner. She also gave me recommendations of things I should do outside of what we were discussing to get the most out of the program. So far I'm very satisfied. Thank you, Lorraine!
ConsI haven't had a lot of time with the program yet to find many cons.
May 13, 2019
Mira X.
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
February 26, 2019

“Good”

ProsEasy concept, free emails for invites, reporting system good
ConsCannot share with email and instagram button using templates to make it easier for the advocates, Only facebook now that our advocates have been using. Advocates have to manually copy link to email or instagram if they want to share with their friends. ALso there is no login page for existing advocates if they ever wanted log back into their account, they share the same landing page with new advocates
February 26, 2019
Lisa S.
Medical Practice, Self-employed
July 18, 2019

“Customer Support was great”

OverallNot much problem
ProsThe automation, reports, analytics. Integrated with my software but does not integrate with Square POS
ConsNo tutorial that explains the features and the result you will get. Example : "If you do this then that will happen"
July 18, 2019
Abbi H.
Operations
Retail, 51-200 employees
June 12, 2019

“Referral Candy Rocks!”

OverallWe are growing a new multilevel marketing program and need to implement a system to track ambassador referrals. This program seems to be one we can grow with!
Proswith a little explanation, the program is easy to use.
ConsCan't think of any at this time, too new.
June 12, 2019
Caitlin L.
Head of Marketing
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
September 26, 2019

“Help from Customer Support, the rep”

OverallI just had a great experience thanks to the support of the rep. I needed to fix one CTA button that was missing and at first the rep thought that I would have to have my developer fix it. A few minutes later she messaged me back and told me she found the solution. I very much appreciated her support and attention to my problem!
ProsReferral Candy gets the job done by providing links to our clients.
ConsSometimes it is hard to edit the content if you don't know how to code.
September 26, 2019
William R.
Career Services Manager
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees
September 4, 2019

“good stuff”

ProsEnjoying it. Received great customer service, rep. was very helpful.
ConsA little confusing to use. Lots of things simple, but it's a bit overwhelming at first.
September 4, 2019
April 23, 2019

“Easy to use Referral program”

OverallProgram is working pretty good overall. Would like to control the currency to pay the advocates tough.
Pros- Ease of use - Customization - Langages
Cons- Only one currency available for payouts at the moment
Evan L.
Chief Web Officer
Printing, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2019

“Set it and forget it”

OverallI have no major issues with the service or software.
ProsI like how the system mostly serves customers with minimal customer service requests. I haven't had to worry much about referral candy since setting it up.
ConsI do not like how we have to feed order data into the system to sort out which orders are valid referrals. I wish there was a more privacy-oriented solution.
September 11, 2019
Alessia P.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 employees
February 25, 2019

“Great Program”

ProsIt is an easy and attractive program for the customers
ConsThe personalization of the themes is a bit difficult
February 25, 2019
Entertainment, Unspecified
February 13, 2018

“Great option for our customers”

ProsOur customers have expressed that while some of them would love referral rewards, others would not. But Referral Candy helps us have a great option for those who are interested and thus far we have seen a valuable return on this service.
February 13, 2018
Barbara S.
Digital project manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2019

“Great customer service and easy to use product”

ProsIt's easy to implement and customize. Very responsive customer service quickly resolved issues. Big thanks to CSRs.
ConsNo major issues, we just had some problems with texts inside referral widget that were not editable.
July 25, 2019
Brad H.
COO
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
February 12, 2019

“Great customer support”

Overallsolid customer support.
ProsEasy to set up and starting using to generate referrals.
ConsFlexibility around creating custom referral programs- limitations on creating custom rewards systems for individual referrals and tiered rewards structures.
February 12, 2019
Albert M.
Director of Outreach
Music, 1-10 employees
May 9, 2019

“Incredible Customer Service!”

ProsWhile I'm still new to using ReferralCandy, my experiences have been totally positive so far. The customer service in particular has been incredible every step of the way, especially with my boy Tippy in particular!
ConsHonestly I don't have a ton of feedback on the negative side as I said, I'm pretty new to using them, but I will update this as I get more hours under my belt.
May 9, 2019
Hiral Z.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2019

“Challenges with Integrating but great customer service”

ProsAbility to track referrals and great customer service by Tippy who helped me get this up and going.
ConsDoes not have an integration with Stripe, was difficult to integrate.
May 14, 2019
Samim S.
Sr Marketing Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2019

“Increased our sales with ReferralCandy”

OverallAs we are operating an eCommerce site its important for us to grow our customers base and what is best is to get referral traffic from existing customers. We have deployed couple of referral campaign and all of them is success. We are getting good numbers of referral traffic and sign up from these sources. We are happy with the performance of this tool.
Pros- Easy setup with magento2. - Individual referral links. - Instantly deploy referral campaigns. - Easy to track. - Easy to offer incentives to customers.
ConsNo such major cons found during our usage period.
Lena M.
Marketing

“Great service ”

OverallIt was great and rep was very helpful and always getting back to me in a very short time. He gave me the right tools and knowledge to manage the platform.
ProsIt is a great way for customers to get rewards
ConsYou can only do one reward type at a time (I.e one email template)
Mayur M.
Developer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2019

“Good product still needs ease support”

ProsUser experience is easy, dashboard and reports
Consless platform support and documentation.
August 15, 2019
Lyle P.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
February 21, 2019

“Thank you,”

OverallMy client had an issue integrating RC with their ecommerce platform. When I emailed RC Support for help, I was lucky enough to have my support ticket "picked-up" by Customer Success Manager. When the issue still wasn't resolved after sharing countless acticles, links, and other documents, Rep continued to work with the RC team, my team, and my client, for THREE MONTHS to find a solution. He absolutely went beyond the parameters of his job description. He solved the problem, saved the client, and defined "Customer Success Manager".
ProsI think the software provides all the basic tools for start up brands to launch/manage their first ever referral programs.
ConsI think the current features available limits the types of referral programs a brand can offer. Other features like lifecycle rewards, reward tiers, and parent/child account types, would be great additions in my opinion.
February 21, 2019
Elaine T.
Associate
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 16, 2019

“Works but has limited fraud check capabilities”

ProsAllows customers to refer friends & be rewarded easily
ConsCustomers were often able to refer themselves via other email addresses to take advantage of the rewards; this software did not catch many duplicate customers
August 16, 2019
Patrick B.
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

“Great customer service!”

ProsSupport team responded fairly quickly and with detailed instructions on how to do what I was asking.
ConsEditing the email was a little tricky. I wish it were easier to edit the text.
Damien C.
Acquisition Manager
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
February 4, 2019

“Great Customer Service”

ProsCustomer Service : Our rep helped me to find a solution for my problem. Thanks you !
ConsNot at all. Thanks to free trial I can test features.
February 4, 2019
Andrea M.
communication and marketing leader
Food Production, 1-10 employees
May 15, 2019

“Excellent customer service”

OverallI think this software will help increase sales
ProsIt is easy to use and i think it will help my business increase sales
Consnothing, i think everything is fine the only thing is the time of response but it is because of the time zone.
May 15, 2019
Jason C.
COO
Publishing, 1-10 employees
October 7, 2019

“Referral Candy ”

OverallIt's been pretty simple to implement and use and the CS team have been especially good at answering questions promptly and with follow through
ProsSimple to use and Good customer service.
ConsIt is at times almost two simple e.g. you can't run different offers and test them etc.
October 7, 2019
Anthony P.
Marketing Director
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
May 3, 2019

“Great customer service ”

OverallSo far I am liking the quality of the service provided by both the software and customer service
ProsCustomer service is great, I got a response within the first seconds.
ConsEverything is great so far, I have nothing to complain
May 3, 2019
Kate D.
Blogger
February 10, 2018

“I used this too boost a launch for a new workshop. ”

ProsI was very quick to set up and provide a place for my customers to get a referral link. I loved that it was easy to use the first time.
ConsIt is a bit pricey but may be worth it depending on your audience size and how likely they are to get referrals.
February 10, 2018
charlottetaylor .
February 17, 2013

“Easy to use, reasonable price”

OverallEasy integration with whatever platform you have, mine's self-hosted. It increased my sales about 15% 3 months down the road, no harm trying for 30 days.
February 17, 2013
Cynthia P.
cofounder
August 29, 2019

“Surprising that this is the normal”

ProsIt's possible that ReferralCandy works better for other kinds of businesses. I wouldn't recommend it though.
ConsThe product felt clunky and hard to use. I'm truly surprised that this is industry standard. It just doesn't feel professional.

By Anafore on August 30, 2019
Hi Cynthia - Apologies if you feel that way. I'm trying to check your account with us so I can help you out with your concerns on our app but couldn't find any on our system. Perhaps we can schedule a call so I can help address your concerns.
August 29, 2019
David H .
February 27, 2013

“Simple and smart solution”

OverallFinally a simple and smart solution to amplify the recommendation power of our customers. The engine has started.
February 27, 2013
Todd B.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
July 3, 2019

“Best customer service”

ProsIt's inexpensive, very easy to use and the customer service is top notch, especially representative!
ConsI hope they'll continue to build integrations
July 3, 2019
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
December 13, 2018

“Great functionality, but a bit expensive”

Proshas a great tracking software and lots of functionality
ConsIt is pretty expensive compared to others
December 13, 2018
Claudia C.
Senior Customer Strategist
Internet, 11-50 employees
June 10, 2019

“Great Support ”

OverallI've interacted with CSR through Support and have been very pleased. She followed up, provided guidance, aligned with me on the problem and solved it.
ProsThe interface is easy to use, and the functionality is there. If I were a daily user, I'd likley have more feedback
ConsThe editing of the page that reflects within our system could be better for the user. It could be a limitation that our own system has, though-- since I'm not the one who implemented I wouldn't know.
June 10, 2019
Mike R.
CS Asst. Mgr
Retail, 11-50 employees
March 28, 2019

“Great Customer Service”

ProsWe have been using this software since 2016 and needed some invoicing from 2017. Executive in CS answered our chat, asked the correct questions, and helped find our information. This was our first time reaching out to Customer Service and we had a great experience.
ConsNone that I can think of at this time. We have been using the software since 2016.
March 28, 2019
Yuk Lun C.
MD
Media Production, 1-10 employees

“Too early to tell”

OverallToo early to say
ProsThe customer service is fast and eager to solve problems.
ConsHaven't worked out economically yet. No referrals