Okta Ratings

Overall

About Okta

Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the worlds largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Learn more about Okta

David R.
Senior Engineering Manager - Pricing Services OPAS
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
July 29, 2019

“Single sign-on done right”

OverallWe were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.
ProsHave you ever heard someone with this "great" idea? "I'm going to make a webpage that has all your links. When you click them, it'll authenticate for you". It sounds great, but in reality it's extremely hard to do. Securely storing passwords, integration with enterprise systems, centralized management of the lists of links, etc. And, if you do one thing wrong, you can compromise the security of literally millions of logins. Okta seems to have conquered the problem. It's central management is wonderful. New employees login for the first time and immediately have dozens of applications available to them. New applications are all managed through our Active Directory groups. It has a great chrome extension that gives you access to your links from your toolbar. The smartphone app, Okta Verify, is fast and works well.
ConsAt work, I use 3 servers within Okta. One for our "corporate" servers, one for "production" and one for our parent company. The chrome extension only shows the links from the most recently accessed. So, I end up having to use the web pages, even with the extension. Also, having multiple Okta servers doesn't work well with LastPass and other password managers. They see all my servers as the same host. But, I have different passwords. So, I basically just turn off password management for Okta.
July 29, 2019
Chase P.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
May 28, 2019

“Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market”

OverallWe have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.
ProsOkta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.
ConsOnly minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.
May 28, 2019
David B.
Security Architect
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
May 2, 2019

“Okta Buyer Review”

OverallNeed to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!
ProsSaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.
ConsLimitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.
May 2, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
February 12, 2019

“Great tool for giving end users access”

Overallwe use this for so much, a user wants to access an email account or group, give them a chicklet for it, it allows for much better sharing of items and greater control over the access as well which is great.
ProsI love this tool. No longer have to risk giving out passwords to account. I can just give my user access to an OKTA account and then assign them chicklets to access account, software, groups and so forth, without them ever having to know the password to them. It works well and is fairly easy to use and set up users. The AD tie in is nice and helps in making it easier to add users to your account. Put yourself at ease and give OKTA a real look you will not be disappointed.
Consi would say adding users can seem a bit tricky and odd if you don't do it all the time, it could be a little clearer on adding users into your account. but other than that its pretty solid software
February 12, 2019
Construction, 1001-5000 employees
May 24, 2017

“Great User Experience and Easy Administration”

ProsOur users save minutes every single day, no longer repetitively typing and re-typing their directory password. When we have had issues with applications, their support has been extremely responsive. They also take what the community builds as custom applications and will roll those into the app library as they put polish on them and make them ready for prime time.
ConsThe only downside to Okta is cost. We know these systems are not cheap and Okta is one of the premium models for sure. We decided that with a system which was so user intensive and users had to touch many times per day for logging into applications, we were not willing to sacrifice usability for what came down to not a lot of money. I will tell you that the list pricing on their website is very negotiable. If you can find some other customers to talk pricing to you you'll know that good deals are there if you work it correctly with your account team and their sales cycle.
May 24, 2017
kalaiselvan k.
Integration Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
July 7, 2019

“Okta Review”

OverallOverall, i am very impressed with the Okta with its powerful security standard implementation.
ProsOkta exposes its identity API in REST interface with JSON which provide both Authentication and Authorization based on the need.So it is easy to integrate with any type of application as a front end security layer . OAuth 2.0 implementation by okta provide token which has a validity for some specific time avoid the overhead of making extra authentication call each time. They give different sort of strong security implementation including single sign on for both Authentication and Authorization but licensing will vary based on the implementation we use in the application. Time to integrate with any sort of application is very very less .
ConsYou need to understand okta documentation properly to integrate the appropriate security implementation. we have to put some initial effort in understanding the API.
July 7, 2019
Owen F.
System Administrator
Construction, 1001-5000 employees
May 11, 2017

“Okta - Easy on IT, Easy on End Users”

ProsOkta is intuitive to manage. It packages a lot of components into a single pane of glass (unlike, say, Microsoft's solution which requires a bunch of disparate systems). You get a log of value for your money. The support and development teams are responsive. The support for single sign-on to non-SSO apps with the browser plugin is very helpful. The product looks nice, and is easy for end users to use. The Okta Application Network has far more apps total, with SAML support, and with provisioning support than the competitors.
ConsTheir MDM solution (OMM) is very basic, and slow to develop more features. It would be nice if you could deploy any mobile app you wish, not just the ones associated with catalog apps. OMM should really support enterprise wireless profiles as well. The browser plugin for IE sometimes misbehaves, and upgrading it doesn't always go as smoothly as it should.
May 11, 2017
Alexandra d.
Senior Analyst
Public Policy, 10,001+ employees
September 18, 2019

“Okta is a One-Stop Hub for Everything You Need”

OverallI use Okta on a daily basis to access a variety of resources for work, including email, the helpdesk and my HR information. It is easy to use and navigate. I love that it is a one stop hub for all of my company's resources.
ProsOkta makes it easy to connect to all of my company's resources, especially when I am working remotely. The interface is intuitive and visually appealing. There is a button for each resource on the homepage. You can even personalize your homepage by moving the buttons around so the ones you use most are at the beginning of the list.
ConsI wish you could create categories or folders and organize all of the resources on the Okta page by these categories or folders. It would help me find the resource I'm looking for even quicker!
September 18, 2019
Human Resources, 5001-10,000 employees
February 15, 2019

“The easiest way to sign in to everything”

OverallOkta has saved me time and energy, and as stupid as it might sound to say that when it comes to maybe 10 seconds for signing in to each service - it definitely adds up over time.
ProsOkta is the software that I didn't know I needed in my life. Remembering a single password and having access to every service I need for my job is amazing. Long gone are the days of opening my computer in the morning at work and spending the next 20 minutes logging in to all of the websites that I was going to be using that day.
ConsHonestly, I don't think there is anything. Maybe the ability to customize the look of the main Okta screen? It may even be possible through the backend but it isn't the prettiest in my eyes.
February 15, 2019
Collin E.
HRIS / Payroll Analyst
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
December 13, 2018

“Seamless and Secure SSO - A UX Review from a Front-End User”

OverallI am a user of this software rather an administrator, but do have some visibility to the back-end as I work with our IT department occasionally. From a user experience standpoint, I have not come across a nicer SSO platform. It is truly a pleasure to use and seamless when accessing our systems.
ProsA true single sign on platform. We are a high volume company with over 1200 employees and utilize multiple cloud-based vendors. Having all of these platforms centralized within Okta is invaluable. I could not imagine my day-to-day without it. API documentation is extensive and functionality is robust. Okta has become our "Single Source of Truth" for not only connecting vendors, but also our data. Mobile based app is intuitive and fast for dual-authentication. System is very secure. Hand-offs are seamless.
ConsDual authentication and tokens can sometime require a dual submission. Permission grants and overall setup for user-specific platforms may take some time. Other than that, not much more!
December 13, 2018
Jacob T.
Application Support Analyst
May 16, 2017

“Okta is a powerful, easy to use SSO tool with a decent amount of customizability, easy to administer”

Pros1. I like how easy it is to set up for the first time. We synced up AD to it with very little work, or issue. 2. I love how easy it is to add new applications and maintain our instance. 3. It's very easy to use. We rarely have issues with end users. 4. There are a lot of built in application setups already, which makes it easy to add most software. 5. The documentation and app setup walkthroughs are great.
Cons1. Their customer service is pretty bad. I deal with a lot of vendors and this is one of my least favorites to have to call. 2. While their application documentation is good, the rest of their documentation is pretty hit or miss. I'd say the majority are good, but several are just not very useful at all. 3. While it's easy to administer, this comes at the cost of some customizability.
May 16, 2017
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

“Easy to use”

OverallI use it daily and never had issues. I think it could use an update on apps because sometimes searching for them they don't show and others do.
ProsIt's easy to use and user-friendly and so far admins are able to set things up super quick for us end users. The display is friendly as well, not clunky.
ConsI don't have any Cons that would really hurt the purchase but would like to not see the "suggested saved" pop up. That gets annoying, I'll save it if I want.
Chris M.
Manager, Technology Service & Support
Accounting, 1001-5000 employees
June 26, 2018

“Best two factor Identity Management solution out there!”

OverallLove it, it the best there is out there!
ProsSo many pros, how to list them all: - Single Sign-on, - Multi-factor Auth - Life-cycle Management - Universal Directory - API access management Okta coves all basis of Identify management in an easy to use software solution. The best aprt is now most of my employees do even know there password for access to critical / sensitive software and applications.
ConsWhen okta down, my staff are unable to get access to majority of the solutions they use. This has happened only 2 times and was for less then an hour each time in the 3 year we been suing okta.
Peter K.
Account Director
Retail, 5001-10,000 employees
October 18, 2018

“Okta-mazing!”

OverallOverall, I would recommend Okta to any business that manages loads of people and loads of different applications requiring SSO! We have used it on so many different applications and completely streamlined access for our people, saving us time and in effect...money!
ProsWe have used Okta for many years in many different ways! We love the ease of use and the ability to have people signed into different applications through Okta. It eliminates the need for employees to manage several different login names and passwords! Who has time for all that?!
ConsThere is absolutely nothing I dislike about Okta!
October 18, 2018
1001-5000 employees
May 3, 2018

“Makes using my phone for work EASY”

OverallIt streamlines my daily work tasks when I'm away from my computer.
ProsMy favorite thing about Okta was downloading the app in lieu of giving my company express permission to access my personal cell phone. If you download the Okta app and sync it with our work profile, I am still able to access all the files I need through Box, Outlook360, Concur, ADP, and others. It makes accessing them when I am not at my laptop, extremely easy. In the case of needing to get to my email remotely, it makes the process much faster than firing up the computer, logging onto the VPN, and signing into Outlook.
ConsOccasionally, I have to sign into the individual apps again, but it's still infinitely easier than working on my laptop in a pinch.
May 3, 2018
Natalie Y.
Senior Market Research Analyst
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
October 3, 2019

“Okta Review”

OverallOverall, I have had a good experience with Okta, with the exception of having to sign in many times throughout the day.
ProsOkta protects our company and my professional / personal data by allowing us to have a secure sign in process. It has been very reliable thus far, and I haven't had any issues.
ConsConstantly signing in can be a pain, as we're often prompted numerous times to sign in to our Okta account throughout the workday. We are also regularly prompted to update our password, which can be difficult to remember and become confusing.
October 3, 2019
Nicole S.
Property Manager
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
September 24, 2019

“Great way to streamline applications!”

OverallI highly recommend Okta to all of those that work in a professional environment. It is truly the most efficient way to function throughout the work day. Saves a lot of time.
ProsI love the single sign on feature that Okta has that streamlines the access to all of our work applications. This makes all aspects of work more time efficient. Saves us a lot of time not having to log into applications separately throughout the work day.
ConsNothing, it is very easy to use and helps to streamline the work day. Very user friendly and no issues as far as access.
September 24, 2019
Internet, 201-500 employees
September 8, 2019

“SSO tool to allow you login once to different apps”

OverallOur company is not a huge one, but still we use lots of different websites and apps for work. In the past we had to remember passwords for all these apps separately, but after our company started to use okta, this nightmare is gone. Now you can log into okta once and choose the app you need to log into - very convenient!
Pros* No need to remember lots of different passwords, you login once into Okta, there you see all the available applications and choose what to login to. * They have their okta verify app for lots of platforms, not only ios/android
ConsHad problems with okta verify app on my smartphone, it didn't allow me to have 2 okta accounts, while I had to use 2 oktas: 1 for my company and 1 the client's.
September 8, 2019
Greg S.
Director of Enterprise Information
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
July 2, 2019

“SAML 2.0 vs OpenID Connect”

ProsOkta is a great SSO vendor, being reliable and overall having very good documentation
ConsWe spent months developing an application to utilized OpenID Connect, something all their docs point to as the preferred method only to find out that it was enabled in Dev, but we had to pay a high fee for us to have it in production. This is causing us to have to rewrite the application to SAML 2.0 (no additional cost). I have no idea why OpenID comes at an additional cost, but it wasn't worth the pricing.
July 2, 2019
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
November 30, 2018

“Great for keeping my information safe and organized!”

ProsOkta is an incredibly helpful tool for keeping everything in one place. Instead of having multiple bookmarks to keep track of your usual spots, Okta keeps them nice and organized. It saves your passwords, so there's no need to remember all the passwords you may use across multiple platforms. It also provides an extra layer of security, which is essential to keeping your information safe and secure.
ConsNo complaints! I have yet to come across any issues with Okta.
John T.
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees
August 6, 2018

“Best sign-in manager.”

ProsIt is very simple to use. The procedures to get into the application are very easy. No previous knowledge is required to understand its functionality. The task of re-typing your passwords is now minimal since this application solves that very problem. They have both Android and iPhone versions, apart from the desktop version. Since there are a lot of applications already enrolled, it becomes easier to use.
ConsThe support team is not very helpful. The fact that they charge you for having a conversation with their support team seemed ridiculous. Also, the very application when all the necessary features are added is quite expensive.
August 6, 2018
Jessie R.
Account Executive
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
September 7, 2017

“Great tool! ”

OverallIt simplifies my life & allows me to more easily do the things I need to on a daily basis.
ProsI love that it simplifies my life! I literally don't know what I would do without Okta because it allows me to easily access to tools that I need without having to remember a zillion passwords.
ConsI can't find anything yet. One thing I've thought about is being able to use it for personal log ins (instead of just work-related ones). I haven't tried this but would love to consolidate my personal and professional log in credentials into 1 Okta account.
September 7, 2017
Maxwell (Enmanuel) T.
Solutions Engineer
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2019

“Best SSO solution for use and collaboration”

OverallBasic single sign-on for security, managing and sharing single credentials for multiple team members to leverage.
ProsInterface, app, chrome extension are super easy to use, great options to manage/organize various apps that are assigned.
ConsThere is a situation in which the browser can be set to memorize the password provided by Okta, which technically could allow a user to directly access said password. Ideally they'd look into some browser policies via the chrome extension to account for this
April 10, 2019
Harish J.
Business Development Manager
Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees
September 18, 2018

“An application that makes access and identity management an easy task!”

ProsInstalling and setting up the application is a very simple process. It didn't take me much time to get used to Okta. It has helped us save a lot of time by eliminating the need to type and retype passwords huge number of times. The support team has been extremely responsive to our concerns and issues were solved with in hours. The integration with the AD (active directory) has been seamless, within seconds we were able to import information and create accounts. In addition to thousands of applications in their catalog, they keep adding more each day.
ConsI found that the report generation features aren't up to the mark. When we wanted to delete some accounts, I couldn't do it myself and had to get help from a customer support agent. What they said was we can only deactivate, but not delete them. I needed it to be removed from everywhere in fact.
September 18, 2018
Computer & Network Security, 501-1000 employees
May 17, 2019

“You can view everything with just one click”

OverallMakes it easier to access any work-related tool with full security, you can easily carry your work on your phone without any worry
Pros- The best feature for this app is that I can access my work related apps anywhere with just one click on an icon, my emails, ATS tool, and calendar.... everything with just one click away - It also works if you have slow internet, trust me the area I stay in has very bad reception, most of the time... I don't have to open my laptop to check anything. I can easily do my work on my phone
ConsI have been using Okta for more than a year but haven't faced any issue till now
May 17, 2019
Ethan B.
EDI Team Lead
March 26, 2019

“OKTA for Waystar”

ProsI like how all of my passwords are kept in one centralized location. I do not have to keep up with them in another document or on paper. Whenever you visit a website that has the stored credentials, the OKTA box pops up and asks if you want to login with your saved information. Makes logging into websites a breeze! Helps save alot of time and headaches.
ConsHonestly nothing - it does everything it needs to do.
March 26, 2019
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
March 27, 2017

“Make your life easier with Okta”

ProsEase of use, return on investment, ease of management, reporting, constant improvements. Thats just to hit the top level. Full integration into your environment with more capabilities than most solutions can provide, and all in the cloud. A great place to start for a cloud first methodology.
ConsNo, delete button for users but it's coming. I have several wants with Okta. But they are growing and is becoming more and more useful with each passing quarter.
March 27, 2017
Tyler W.
Engineer
Medical Devices, 1001-5000 employees
July 16, 2019

“Single sign-on is great!”

OverallVery pleased with Okta.
ProsBeing able to use a single sign-on password is very convenient. It is also convenient to have all of my commonly used applications available from a single "home-page" in my browser.
ConsOccassionally, I have issues with some of the apps not working correctly or I am directed to the wrong location. However, I feel this has more to do with the setup and less to do with the software.
Biotechnology, 201-500 employees
June 2, 2019

“Great e-platform for company”

ProsI learned of Okta because my company uses it basically for everything. Okta is a base-camp for all other applications that are not only work-related but also for variety of other sites. Single sign-on system is super useful and time effective. Also Okta checks up on me whether login was successful everytime I visit different sites and Okta tries the best to be most user-friendly as possible.
ConsOkta is super convenient to use for first-time users and I could not really point out cons of using this sofware. It's simple, easy to use and user-friendly.
June 2, 2019
Kate H.
Customer Support Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
March 20, 2019

“Okta Review”

OverallI don't have a problem with Okta but I think you need to create a habit to sign in to it to get to your tools
ProsHelpful in the sense that it has a majority of the tools I use on a daily basis on one page.
ConsThis is more at the fault of my organization, but it was sold to us to reduce the amount of times that we need to sign in and now everything has secondary authorizations so it has almost created more lost time for signing in to accounts.
March 20, 2019
Murali K.
Business Development Manager
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
January 26, 2019

“Okta is a cloud-based software that helps companies to improve customer experience, prevent data breached and modernize IT furthermore.”

ProsOkta users can feed information needed to log in to different websites and the software can remember it for you, thus making it easy to access a wide variety of accounts, without having to remember each and every passwords as the software remembers the saved login credentials. Okta is easy to use and access and can be used in different platforms such as mobile phones and tablets, making logging into accounts easy. This implements the concept of Single Sign On, which needs the user to only log into one account, that is, of Okta to get access to all the applications of which the credentials have been saved.
ConsThe cost of Okta may not be affordable to small and medium scale companies, only the larger or more established companies can use this software to store employees' login credentials and other passwords. The software also does not give options of adding or deleting more or less services to manipulate the usage charges.
January 26, 2019
Allyssa E.
Design & Content Manager
May 4, 2018

“Okta > OneLogin”

ProsBest experience I could have asked for. It makes it so easy to log into one account and get access to all of my accounts. I love that I only have to memorize one password and since I work for a cyber security company it makes it easier for us to keep things secure. Also, the Chrome Extension is nice!
ConsThe interface could look a lot better and sometimes the brand logos don't load so it's harder to find what you need.
May 4, 2018
Ryan G.
IT Systems Engineer
Internet, 201-500 employees
December 8, 2017

“The only IAM product worth using”

ProsExtensive and constantly growing catalog of integrated apps, services, infrastructure. Straightforward, easy to navigate & use UI. Best customer support of any enterprise service we are currently using. Extremely open and proactive about feedback, product reviews, surveys, etc.
ConsFundamentally at the mercy of app devs to add SAML & API-based provisioning, so it can take long periods before an app is integrated.
December 8, 2017
Megan G.
Customer Success Program Admin
Internet, 501-1000 employees
April 2, 2019

“Easy user experience for increased security”

ProsAs an end user, Okta makes it really easy for me to generate and manage passwords for all my apps. I know it also increases security and compliance for my organization, so it's a win-win all around.
ConsThe mobile experience isn't great. The app works fine, but if you just want to use your mobile browser, a lot of the apps require the Okta plugin, so they aren't accessible.
April 2, 2019
Torri D.
Social Media & Advocacy Specialist
February 13, 2019

“I'm a fan ”

ProsSingle sign-on is the best. My company does require 2FA, which became problematic when I was traveling outside of the US because I couldn't receive the SMS but Okta has Okta Verify that you can download as a secondary app to help authenticate. Problem solved!
ConsI wish I could connect the Gmail app to open natively instead of using Gmail for desktop within the Okta app
February 13, 2019
Andy M.
Recruiter - People Operations
December 11, 2018

“It's a No-Brainer!”

ProsI love that Okta is essentially our company's one-stop-shop for logging into almost every software/system we access. If you work at a company like mine where you access 10-12 different sites daily that require login credentials -- Okta is a life saver.
ConsIf you have a ton of sites with saved credentials - you may have to keep on your toes to maintain them all in Okta!
December 11, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees

“Okta for Business”

OverallI'm grateful for Okta. It seems like a secure way to manage multiple log-ins and systems.
ProsI hadn't heard of Okta before my company purchased it to use for single sign-on. I have at least a couple dozen apps within the Okta site of places I'm regularly logging into. Okta makes it so easy to log-in to the multiple systems I need to access on a daily/weekly basis. You can also rename some of the apps to make them more intuitive if needed.
ConsI didn't realize the company can set up and send out its own apps into your Okta automatically, and I had already added some of the apps myself, so I ended up with a handful of duplicates. This might be less of an Okta issue and more with how my company handled it.
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
August 10, 2018

“Okta is a simple solution for multiple access”

ProsWith Okta it is very easy to log into various apps without having to enter a password into every single App. I have over 20 apps so having to do duo sign on (insert password and then have system send push notification) is incredibly convenient. Also, it is easy to request and receive an app.
ConsI have no cons, though I wish I could just obtain the apps without waiting to be granted apps.
August 10, 2018
Victoria C.
CTSS (Client Tech Support Specialist)
201-500 employees
June 26, 2018

“We use it as an external authenticator. ”

OverallGreat way to have all your everyday work applications in one place, and it gives you the ability to have personal applications there as well.
ProsWe use it as an external authenticator for our Support Portal and Community for external clients, and for an authenticator for all our work related apps for our internal users (employees). It is a great way to have everything under one roof.
ConsI wish you could just see the password of the apps in your dashboard (without having to confirm with the push to your phone) but I understand the security reasons for that.
Computer Software, Unspecified
March 21, 2018

“I use Okta for SSO into my companies apps”

ProsI no longer have to remember 4000 passwords and can instead leverage the SSO capabilities of Okta to access all my apps in one place with the added layer of MFA security they offer
ConsI have no complaints. The software works great and always does it's job. I just wish my company relaxed the controls so I could add personal apps to Okta as well and SSO into everything I do for work and at home
March 21, 2018
NEERAJ T.
Engineer 3
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
October 13, 2017

“Okta is very efficient software which save lot of time.”

ProsOkta software is very time saver. Single login support is awesome. Access of different tools through single software is great. There is no need to remember password for different password for different application.
ConsLeast thing about it plug in installation. Some application needs plugin but plugin installation is not smooth in Okta. There is need of improvement. It should be user friendly.
October 13, 2017
Guido D.
TSE
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 6, 2019

“Easy to use application which saves lots of time”

OverallSince it's so easy to use and very useful by remembering your credentials for other webpages it's a must have application for each organisation.
ProsThe easiness to use it and add new websites or applications for single sign on purpose. The webpage is very user friendly. By using tabs you can categorize your websites in e.g. work related , private etc. It saves lots of time since it uses SSO to log you on.
ConsActually nothing. You can use several options for additional security. Basically it's set and go with this application/webpage.
September 6, 2019
Jared W.
Regional Sales Manager
July 16, 2019

“Okta is alright but drives me crazy sometimes”

OverallI haven't seen a ton of benefits other than having all the app tiles visible is helpful at times to quickly access available tools.
ProsConvenient way to access apps all at once and good way to ensure I can quickly sign in to multiple things without a bunch of different passwords and processes.
ConsI feel like I'm constantly having to re-sign in to Okta and the two-step verification often takes forever and is a timely annoyance. I get why my company wants it, but from an end user perspective it's not always that convenient.
Daniel R.
Website Copywriter
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
December 14, 2018

“What a Time-Saver”

ProsI use OKTA for keeping track of all my passwords..for everything. I have so many logins and I constantly worry that I'm going to forget them and waste time resetting them, or that they're going to be made public somehow and my information will be compromised. OKTA takes care of all that for me by safely and securely remembering everything for me.
ConsSometimes OKTA will keep multiple passwords and login info for the same site, but they will use the wrong one for different instances. I also find that using Chrome to remember passwords competes with OKTA, so you have to turn it off, which means you will run into new things that need to be stored in OKTA.
December 14, 2018
Sherry S.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
July 30, 2018

“My company uses this platform to allow single sign on verification across sites”

OverallAll work-related sites in one place for logging in with same sign-on
ProsHow I only have to remember one sign in to get to many different platforms my company uses. The browser is aware of what site I'm on, and if I happen to go to a specific site and attempt sign-in I'm redirected to Okta. This is a life-saver, as I usually have to look up passwords elsewhere.
ConsI'm constantly asked if I want to save personal passwords to Okta, where I don't like to allow professional software access to my person passwords.
July 30, 2018
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
July 22, 2018

“Okta is the most simple and powerful identity provider”

OverallIdentity management, SSO, login, user provisioning.
ProsOkta makes it easy to provide a one-stop portal for all employees tailored to the sites and services they need access to. Instead of complex controls and customization, Okta focuses on getting you set up fast and offering power user options only when needed. This cuts down on time to configure and time to go live. Okta also has benefits for providers, with a simple developer program and easy app publication.
ConsOkta can be cumbersome if your services are not well documented. This is a flaw of SAML integrations, and not of Okta, but one that can often pop up during configuration. Okta also has some naming conventions that differ from standards.
July 22, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
October 6, 2017

“IAM at its best”

ProsGreat tool to bridge solutions with a singled identify provider. Between ease of use, deployment, and management, we enjoy using the tool. End users love the fact they can go to one location for all company approved apps.
ConsWe have had some challenges with the full automated workflow with less standard apps but nothing that is overly concerning.
October 6, 2017
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
August 8, 2017

“Great service”

ProsEasy to add new sites (internal or external) SAML setup available Very secure APIs available to pull data into other services or update Okta User profiles from external "source of truth"
ConsThere are a few features lacking, for example searching for groups within Okta can be hard or pulling up reports requires knowledge of their unique search query.
August 8, 2017
July 6, 2017

“Incredible Platform for Easy Management”

ProsOkta makes life easy. With automatic provisioning of Apps, accounts, and SAML authentication, it's really saved us time (and money) in rolling out new users, and keep current users happy.
ConsThere are certain features we'd like a little more control over, but for the most part you're able to customize and control everything. It's a struggle to think of something I don't like.
July 6, 2017
Brian K.
Digital Marketing Manager
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
September 17, 2019

“Great for SSO & Password Management”

OverallPassword management and SSO 2FA requirements by IT/Security.
ProsExcellent tool for SSO 2FA. Also use it to store passwords in a similar fashion to LastPass. Excellent app makes entering 2FA codes a thing of the past.
ConsDashboard can be slow at times, but that could be a local machine issue. Nothing major to report. Works great.