nTreatment Ratings

Overall

About nTreatment

Practice management and EHR for mental health providers. Clean, intuitive, EPCS, lab integration, billing and electronic claim submission/EOB, secure patient portal and much more. Clean and extremely affordable. Learn more about nTreatment

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“No frills, bare-bones workhorse”

OverallIt runs barely well enough but I haven't found other feasible options with all the same features at a reasonable price.
ProsIt contains pretty much everything you need for a small private psychiatry practice. This includes a secure patient portal, scheduling (for one location only), integration with Stripe for payments, invoicing capability, e-prescribing and electronic medical record. When you put in a help request, you get a response pretty quickly. It is really affordable and doesn't pinch you with a lot of extra fees like other programs.
ConsIt's really bare bones. Not much instruction available. Sometimes doesn't load properly or takes a long time to load. Patients comment negatively on the clunky user interface. The mobile app is not that useful since it is pretty limited. You can only prescribe one controlled substance at a time, so if you have multiple prescriptions to put in for a patient the extra minutes can really add up. The intake form is not alterable and the assessment/plan from the intake doesn't flow to the progress note so you have to manually copy/paste. Also, when you print a note you lose all formatting so it appears like a huge run-on sentence. There is no ability for patients to sign consents (it is just a checkbox for consents when they log in). The website says you can do group practice but there's no clear way to add another provider to your practice other then as a covering provider, not one with their own caseload and schedule. When you sign a note, it doesn't say who signed it. So notes written by my assistant, covering provider and myself all appear as though they were written by me. If you or your lovely assistant accidentally delete a patient the entire record is gone. Totally. Gone. Very poor medical-legally.

By EMPS on September 30, 2018
Thank you for your thoughtful and comprehensive review. We do have a two-step check before a chart can be permanently deleted, however please contact us if you accidentally delete a chart -we can recover it for you. We agree, signatures on notes entered into clinical charts should reflect the name of any covering provider - we are fixing this now. We are currently redesigning the Patient Portal interface, so you can look forward to seeing that improve soon. Although we designed the program to be intuitive and easy to use, we offer a 30-minute personal walkthrough for new or existing users to learn more about the program's features. Our users are either individual providers or groups. Please contact us if you would like to use group features. We are always happy to speak directly with you about any of the specific concerns or questions you have.
September 25, 2018
Heather C.
January 5, 2018

“Excellent EMR, simple, integrated. ”

OverallEnables me to run my practice smoothly without and assistant.
ProsGood deal for the price, has all the major functionality I need. Cust support rep gives excellent support. It is easy to scroll through notes.
ConsGraphic interface needs updating.; it would be nice to have separate panes open at the same time (especially the medication record and the add new medication windows.) Would be great to have another credit card option with lower fees.
January 5, 2018
Emily N.
Psychiatrist
January 11, 2018

“nTreatment is incredibly intuitive to use, really affordable, and saves me so much time! ”

OverallHonestly this program meets all of my private practice needs! I did provide input for the essential necessary features for a private practice psychiatrist or therapist, and all my requests were met
ProsI really like how comprehensive the program is: I can not only keep an electronic record but also schedule patients, automatically send them reminders, generate bills, accept credit cards, prescribe meds, and communicate via secure portal.
January 11, 2018
Brandon V.
Co-Founder
October 11, 2018

“Great easy EHR tailored to psychiatry with great support”

OverallI use it for my medical records and billing.
Prossimple, inexpensive, easy to use, does what I want without being too complicated. programmer is super responsive and friendly. Easy to send bills at the click of a button, to copy data from one progress note to another if unchanged, to send in prescriptions, etc.
ConsThere are no cons I can think of right now.
October 11, 2018
Jess A.
Clinical Director
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 18, 2018

“Highly recommend!”

ProsI have been using ntreatment for the last 5 years. I find it to be user friendly and allows me to do all aspects of my billing/notes with ease.
ConsThere have been occasional issues like a note not saving but this has been minimal.
October 18, 2018
Karla P.
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
January 16, 2018

“Has revolutionized my practice - so easy ”

Prose prescribe, billing directly connected to notes, notes attached to calendar make it easy to see what has been charted
Conscalendar is slow and difficult to adjust/move appointments. Can't drag and drop things and takes a while
January 16, 2018
K Whitney S.
January 8, 2018

“Easy EMR targeted for mental health professionals”

ProsIts an easy, self-explanatory EMR . It does not have a lot of bells and whistles but does what I need it to do. Well tailored to a psychiatric practice. Super responsive help desk.
ConsI would like to be able to graph lab values and/or track vitals. However, the relative lack of bells and whistles is all what I like about this EMR.
Rania J.
November 9, 2018

“Highly recommended”

ProsNTreatment is easy to use, has all the features that a psychiatrist needs, and is well-organized and intuitive. I have used paper charts, larger EMR systems (such as EPIC), and notes using Word/Pages on my computer, and this is by far the best.
ConsOlder notes do not maintain formatting, which can make them hard to read.
November 9, 2018
Kimberly B.
Psychiatrist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
January 8, 2018

“I primarily use ntreatment for electronic prescribing”

OverallEase of electronic prescription
ProsI like the ease of prescribing for patients and I like having record of all medications in one place.
ConsI wish I could re-name my uploaded files easier. If I wanted to upload old charts they would be hard to search for because of the naming limitation.
Jen Y.
Clinical Faculty
October 7, 2017

“Tried briefly but went with another system”

ProsThis system was by far the most cost-effective when it came to an EMR. It's functions included everything that you would need as a clinician looking for a compliant EMR.
ConsDifficulty using on an iPhone. Less user-friendly interface (although I'm a very non-tech-savvy person so I may be pickier than most).
October 7, 2017