Teamwork Projects Ratings

Overall

About Teamwork Projects

Manage people, not tools. Teamwork Projects is project management software for people who want to own the big picture. With all the features you need to plan, collaborate on, and deliver your work, it takes care of the details so your teams talents are freed to achieve the results that matter to your business. Use Teamwork Projects to manage everything from delivering client projects, to executing marketing campaigns, to sprint planning and product launches. Learn more about Teamwork Projects

Vinicius A.
Designer
September 2, 2019

“Organized work”

OverallWe used several other task managers before, but no one in the team became adapted. I had a great first impression of Teamwork, compared to others it has a interface much more inviting and enjoyable to use. And in 6 months of use we can see that they are continually making improvements. We are happy with this choice and using it daily.
ProsA quite complete task editing, can add tasks and subtasks, estimate time, billing, responsibles, and a lot other important and nice stuff. But what was really important for our team is the maintenance and display of time in the information of each task, the application generates a table, with the start and end time, and counts the total time invested. This feature is activated with a play/pause button; after a project for example, the user can display a report with all tasks done and the time accounted for each one of them, as well as the total assigned.
ConsThe home screen has a dashboard, although I didn't see much value in it, as you need to record every detail of each job for some minimally useful information. Like other tasks managers, it doesn't do everything I need, and I end up using other applications. It has a desktop timer app that is completely different from the platform design, it looks like from another product. I did not use it because I always have Teamwork open in the browser, and there each task has its own counter.

By Teamwork.com on September 4, 2019
Hi Vinicius, Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. It's great to hear that our software met your needs over others. We have worked hard to bring you the best features possible. Our timing and task counters have become quite the feature in our software! We are sorry to hear that you need other applications for some needs. If there is anything in particular needed, you could always forward us a Feature Request over at support@teamwork.com and our Customer Champions will have a look to see if it could be built into the product! Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork :)
September 2, 2019
August 4, 2019

“Teamwork is an affordable and robust project management software tool”

OverallTeamwork Projects has a lot going for it. They are constantly adding features and options that make it more user friendly, and address a lot of small business needs where many other project management software apps just focus on the project aspect, and neglect the money and expenses. Our only gripe is that they don't have a better invoicing system so we could run even more of our business with one application.
ProsI was surprised at how much you get for the price with Teamwork out of the box. It has built in time tracking, an extensive notifications system that let's you choose how often you want to receive updates and what you want to receive them about, and a great thing is bulk edit of tasks.
ConsThe invoicing system is too basic. You can create an invoice and add expenses, however, there are not a lot of options here. Also, the API doesn't allow for you to go in and do too much which is something that would really appeal to our team of developers.

By Teamwork.com on August 8, 2019
Hi there, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the features of the software, and that it has helped with your organisation. Invoicing system issues - we've got you! I've passed this feedback over to our Projects Champion, Julie, who will have a look into this request for you! Can you email us over at support@teamwork.com with more details on the feature request? Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)
August 4, 2019
Katie C.
Digital Services Director
July 26, 2019

“At TImes Complicated, But a Powerful Project Management Software”

OverallTeamwork is a poweful project management software that really means business. It can take a little getting used to, but once you have it mastered, it's great. Being able to connect to Google Drive is helpful for sharing documents. Additionally, the desktop app is amazingly functional, which is rare with software.
ProsThe organization of data, being able to collaborate, implemented chat/ticket submission, Google Drive integration.
ConsSometimes, this software can seem complicated to use. This is nothing a little bit of training and consistent use can't help, but worth noting.

By Teamwork.com on August 8, 2019
Hey there Katie, Thanks for getting in touch and leaving us some feedback on Teamwork Projects! It was great to hear that we have helped you with organisation and collaboration - that seems to be a #win for both you and us here at Teamwork. Leaving curves aren't always nice or easy, however, we have put a number of resources into this to help with the process. Our webinars are run daily, alongside multiple on-demand webinars, which will help with any on-boarding and initial learning of the software. In addition to this, our support team are available 24/7 to suit all timezones and work schedules. They can give you demos on the software or answer any feature related questions! Just pop them an email over at support@teamwork.com - they are a fantastic bunch, I promise! Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)
July 26, 2019
Eric L.
Operations Manager
Publishing, 11-50 employees
June 27, 2019

“More than Project Management”

OverallI've loved communicating with customer service at Teamwork from day 1. They're super-response-like, they're so quick to answer questions and offer help. We often use Teamwork Project in ways that aren't traditionally "project management projects," and so I've had to ask the support team at Teamwork how I might utilize the functionality to get the desired end results. And you know what? They've come back with solutions more often than not, even taking the time to prepare a demo that we'd web conference through.
Pros Teamwork is always innovating and releasing new features/functionality. And they are great at publicizing the new features/functionality, allowing you to beta test, and all the while it doesn't screw up the work you've been doing. It's cloud-based. It's packed full of things you'll likely never use, but because there's so much stuff, the core of what you use it for is that much better. The design is elegant.
Cons The exported reporting functionality isn't always as attractive as I'd like, but that may have changed since I last used it. Our team does use import/export for the management of tasks, and that's been a godsend for many of our projects. So, really, not too much to dislike.

By Teamwork.com on July 18, 2019
Hi Eric, Thanks for the feedback on Teamwork Projects! We were so happy to see a 10/10 score from you - we agree, but might be slightly biased! Features, features, and more features! Our team like to keep busy and innovative to bring our customers the best possible product, so we are glad to see that you like them! Great news Eric, we are working on improvements for the export feature so bare with us and it will be better than ever before! As a final note, thank you for the feedback for our amazing support team! We couldn't agree more, they are a fantastic bunch - and now are available 24/7! I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to the team! Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)
June 27, 2019
Philip T.
Director of Informatics and Technology
Higher Education, 1-10 employees
June 4, 2019

“Enough structure to encourage good project management practices ”

OverallOur overall experience is very positive. We have used it on website design and development and web application projects. In both cases team members are documenting and managing their work more effectively. There are still features we haven't got around to using, but that is always a challenge when you are adopting a new product. You need to balance the need to document and track with operational demands.
ProsOn that spectrum of project management products with collaboration tools at one end and products for managing large enterprise projects at the other, this product fits somewhere in the middle. It has more structure than products like Asana or Trello (we have used both of these), but is still very flexible, allowing you to organize your projects and tasks using categories, portfolios and tags. Powerful filtering extracts the specific tasks you need for reporting purposes. Milestones, estimates, risks, comments and other features allow you to keep everything in one place, if you wish to. The API allows us to submit tagged client requests directly into the product, which is very useful.
ConsOccasional feature updates can modify the user experience, but that is true of all cloud-based SaaS products. There is really nothing negative I can think of.

By Teamwork.com on June 20, 2019
Hi there Philip, Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. Our team loved hearing that Teamwork Projects has given you more structure in your work but still remaining flexible in use. We do understand your note on the feature updates. We try to keep disruption to a minimum, but your satisfaction is always our main aim! Make sure to stay in touch with us on support@teamwork.com if you ever have any issues or would like to submit a feature request, or just want to share the #teamworklove with the team. Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork
June 4, 2019
Christopher J.
Digital Demand Generation Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 23, 2018

“My favorite project management tool”

OverallI used this for over 2 years and loved how easy it made it to manage projects at work. It was easy, at a glance, to see exactly what I needed to do for that day and what I had coming up. Overall, it was a wonderful experience
ProsTeamwork Projects had a number of amazing features that took it above and beyond other tools like this. The way projects were setup was incredible. You initially setup the project, then the milestones and then tasks against each milestone. Each task can be broken up into sub-tasks which will automatically create a dependency for the parent tasks. However, you can also set a dependency between tasks too. If you have a series of repeating tasks you can actually create these as a template so you can quickly add this list to a project. When you add this list you get to set the assignments and dates which allows it to be customized to each project. The collaboration is another feature that is top notch. Comments will automatically be sent via email but Teamwork takes it a step further. You can respond to these emails with specific replies that allow you to manage tasks (such as create new ones, add hours to them or even close/complete a task). Teamwork also has a chat platform built in. This platform allows you to manage tasks as well. Finally, Teamwork Projects also seamlessly integrates with a number of 3rd-party platforms (like Google Drive or Slack) to make your life easier.
ConsThe initial setup and learning curve can be a little steep. The other thing that can quickly be a problem is the amount of space you have available. If you are uploading a number of files for each project that space quickly fills up. It is minor but an extra thing you have to manage.

By Teamwork.com on May 22, 2019
Hi there, Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork.
October 23, 2018
Josh O.
Co-Founder | Digital Marketing Strategist
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2018

“Very Robust Project Management Platform”

ProsWe've used TeamWork for years and it's great in many ways. First, it's our living To-Do list where all tasks can be organized by project, goal, team, etc across the company. Everyone can comment and communicate through the task threads (which sync to email). The ability to chain tasks together is one of the best features (and at times has been the main reason we didn't switch to other platforms). When Task A is checked off, it notifies via email the person in charge of the next task in the chain. This keeps work moving, and that's the biggest help. It also connects to Drive to store relevant files alongside tasks and logs team time for billing. You can give limited view access to clients if you need to.
ConsI would say that the main downfall is that I can't accurately predict my team's workload week to week. The tasks can be chained together and given start/end dates, etc but when it comes to how all those assignments and their estimated times apply to my employees' work week, there's very little functionality to forecast this. I would love to be able to drag a task that is estimated for 2 hours to an employee's calendar and stack these up to see how their week fills up. Can't do anything like that. Best they have is a blanket 'workload' view that shows how many estimated hours are calculated for tasks that start or end in a given week. But when you have 30 projects and 100s of tasks floating around, it gets cumbersome to organize everyone's efforts. TL;DR : Great for planning project tasks/deliverables, but not so much for managing staff schedules/workload. There aren't many options for learning how best to use the program, actually, which is frustrating for a small startup just figuring things out. Their training videos are basic and support pros don't really help you customize the tool to fit your unique business organization needs. They refer you to third party professionals for consulting on that front. I've had to hunt down how-to's and advice elsewhere. That said, their tech support tickets are usually addressed fairly quickly, but I've gotten the same message reply many times "Yes that's a great feature, but we don't offer it yet." Also, my personal pet peeve about TeamWork PM, is the mobile app sucks. The desktop interface is great (plenty of drag and drop ease of use) but the mobile version is clunky and much less organized or helpful in terms of viewing my team's workload and task sorting.

October 16, 2018
Vernessa T.
Freelance Writer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
August 12, 2018

“TeamWork Projects Incorporates Project Notebooks, Customer Portal and OS-Agnostic Desktop Timer”

OverallOverall, TeamWork (formerly TeamworkPM) is worth the monthly or annual fee. I've used TeamWork for more than 8 years and while I don't have a need to use it daily, I go to it for special projects and when I need a different kind of project control than I get with Apptivo. The interface is pretty, with soothing colors. The TeamWork crew creates excellent help documentation that's easily found in a comprehensive knowledgebase, they now have some full-fledged free online courses, and they included a customer support and feedback system within the dashboard. And then there's this: Transparency via a visual roadmap and update system on the TeamWork website that actually gets updated on a regular basis. Yes, I like skipping over to the website to see what are the latest fixes and what goodies they're planning.
ProsWhiteboards are great but even the developers of TeamWork Projects (formerly TeamworkPM) were tired of trying to make them do the work of a real project management system. That's how I came across TeamWork Projects 8 years ago -- tossing aside the whiteboards and comparing online project management applications. TeamWork ultimately rose to the top because it either includes features I felt were must-haves or they had those features on the roadmap to deal with in the near future. TeamWork has task-level time-tracking and incorporates a desktop timer that I use on both my Windows and Linux versions computers. TeamWork was one of the few online project management applications that incorporated a file manager early on AND had the foresight to include it in the permissions system (important so all stakeholders have access to the files they need). I've used it for mock-ups, contract change-orders, and project photos. There is a project notebook system that is far superior to a so-called project wiki found in other project managers. I use it to keep notes, format them to look like real documents (not just a bunch of text notes), and export out in a format that is useful to project owners and clients. This was important enough that it would have been a dealbreaker if it wasn't included: the means to allow stakeholders (especially clients) to log in to see progress on their projects, participate in project-specific discussions, and access project-related files.
ConsTeamWork's free tier is less generous than some of the other highly rated project management apps. Keeping up with the times, they've lately added a Kanban view (but it costs extra). But why the boards view is an add-on instead of integrated into the main projects beats me and makes me call this a welcome feature that is also a CON. Although TeamView has native integrations for GMail, HubSpot, and Harvest, I think it relies too much on its (well-developed and well-documented API) for integrations with the majority of the world of business applications. Of course, there are hundreds of Zapier workarounds. Still, I think TeamWork is strong enough to have better integration and less cobbled recipes.

August 12, 2018
Matthew G.
Owner, Founder
January 3, 2018

“Couldn't live without this product to manage my business”

OverallCouldn't live without it to manage my daily business workflow. I couldn't be so precise with my time tracking either, which is important for billing my clients. I usually work solo, but recently have hired additional help. The collaboration tools are awesome. I also use Teamwork Desk to create a slick support system with help from other reps. I'm a small operation, but look darn professional.
ProsHelps me manage all aspects of my business from workflow, to billing. Seriously, it's such a valuable part of my daily workflow, that there hasn't been a day that I haven't used it when working. Also, recently I wasn't super pleased with a couple of the changes to the timer, which is very important to my billing workflow. I make suggestions to support. They listened and updated the timer! It's a complete package. I know there are other options, but honestly, I'm not sure they're as complete. Oh, and they sent me some sweet holiday swag! I wish I could post pictures of me wearing it!!
ConsThe ONLY aspect that I am not the enamored by, are some of the "improvements" they push out in the spirit of improvements. All SASS products go through a similar life cycle. For example, the UI may not have been super sexy but I liked the ease of use of the task filters. It was basic, simple. They updated it, and imho, make it's less open and the UI isn't as friendly. The flip side to that is, they do listen when you submit feedback. In some cases going as far as modifying the product based on your feedback. For example, as stated above, they updated the task timer and it wasn't functional. It was a hot mess. BUT they modified it based on my feedback and now it rocks. Thanks guys for listening.

By Teamwork.com on January 8, 2018
Hey Matthew, Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects. Glad to hear you couldn't live without out products! Regards, Deborah
January 3, 2018
Mental Health Care, Unspecified
December 27, 2017

“Overall Teamwork is very easy to use. A lot of features and options to easily manage projects.”

ProsTeamwork provides many features to help manage your project from start to finish. The features are robust and offer flexibility along the way. It's very easy to add users, assign permissions, and assign tasks. To get started, Teamwork offers an easy way to import tasks from an Excel spreadsheet. The feature I like best is email communication tracking. When you add a comment to a task and send it to the assigned resources, all email responses are automatically captured on the same task. This helps prevent key decisions or conversations from being lost in off line email threads. For larger projects the Overview (dashboard) is very nice. At a glance, you get a quick overview of the project status and who tasks are assigned to. Additionally, you can drill into most Overview items to get additional information. For example, if you click on Late Tasks, you get a list of all tasks past their assigned due date and the assigned resource.
ConsTeamwork lacks a few features that would make it easier to use. - It's difficult to move individual tasks in mass to a new Task List or Sub-Task group. Tasks must be moved individually because you can't select multiple tasks at once. If you have a lot of tasks to move it can be tedious. - Project reporting capabilities are adequate but not overly robust. Most of the built-in project inquiry features are very good so reporting is not necessary unless you need to produce a report in a PDF format to email. When creating a report, you have pretty good control over what type of tasks are included but what is missing is the ability to select which columns you want or don't want. Additionally, you can't save a report filtering options for future use. You have to reselect your options every time you want to run the same report.

By Teamwork.com on January 26, 2018
Hi there, Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear that Teamwork Projects is essential to your team to track your projects and much more. We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars. Kind Regards, Deborah
December 27, 2017
Brett G.
December 21, 2017

“Productivity in full effect”

ProsTeamwork is great for not only a team of people, but for the individual user as well. I run a small accounting business and I'm my only employee. Teamwork allows me to set up tasks and projects that are both one-off tasks and regularly reoccurring tasks. As I check off the tasks that need to be done today, I can look forward to the rest of the week and get a good reminder of what is coming up. It also allows me to invite clients into the tasks so they can see the status of where I am at in a project we have agreed upon. They can upload documents, make comments. I can use a basic time-tracking tool to make sure I'm not estimating my time spent incorrectly. The extra time I have to spend upfront to get the tasks and templates created is well worth the time when a new client comes along. I don't have to recreate the wheel, or think extra hard at remember what I did last time. I can simply apply a template of tasks for any given project that is needed and we are set and rolling! This is one of the best tools I've discovered for running my practice.
ConsFor tasks that are set as reoccurring, their display of the tasks isn't the best. I click the task as complete and it immediately populates the next instance of that task right below the one I completed. I have to pay special attention to the tasks for this reason when checking stuff off. I have often checked the next month's task off after clearing the current one. When I uncheck the following month's task as actually not completed, it does not remember the future events that were created, thus making my task list look much larger than it actually is.

December 21, 2017
Jessica D.
Product Development & Project Management
Online Media, 201-500 employees
September 10, 2017

“Ease to Use and Continually Evolving ”

OverallIt allowed me to manage multiple large projects at 1 time and collaborate with employees that were not heavy users. The ability to have tasks reoccurr and launch new projects from templates freed up staff to focus on other important areas of The business. The same account was used to manage multi service clients efficiently, especially with remote staff. The flexibility of privacy setting truly allowed for complete communication tracking without requiring communications being omitted to ensure a client didn't see it. As an administrator, I am able to take over a user account to manage every aspect of their account. Administrators can limit a users project view to only their assignments, which prevented a user from feeling overwhelmed. The system is very flexible. Like many other PM systems, outlining how the users are expected to interact with the system is critical. Doing this, allowed me to migrate projects from Central Desktop to Teamwork in a week.
ProsThe UI is simple to understand, the number of efficient features is phenomenal and integrations with enterprise systems like Salesforce are easy to complete.
ConsThere are some small nuances of the search could be better, project specific calendars would be a huge asset and allowing an entire project to be imported by csv would be incredible.

By Teamwork.com on September 11, 2017
Hi Jessica, Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you are having a positive experience with a number of our features and with the simplicity of setting up integrations. We will add the search capabilities and project specific calendars to our feature request list, have a look at our roadmap for upcoming features and developments. In relation to importing a full project by csv, the following video will show you how to do so using an Excel file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGX7yh-4C4 Feel free to get in touch with us at support@teamwork.com if you need. Kind regards, Wes
September 10, 2017
McKay S.
Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
July 7, 2017

“Teamwork Makes Managing My Teams Easy. If 5 Employees Save One Minute Per Day, I Get My Money Back”

OverallIt makes collaboration from many remote team members really easy. Nothing is forgotten and all communication is centralized in one place.
ProsIt is really easy to add tasks quickly using the "quick add" feature. I also think that the organization works really well. The software is organized by Projects, Milestones, Task Lists, and Tasks. These help you really think through and plan what you are doing. Milestones force you to actually have a plan for your projects and not just go about doing day to day tasks. You can comment on almost anything. We noticed after using Teamwork that it didn't make much difference if you were in the office or remote because the collaboration is so quick and easy. For example, if you comment on a task, you can have the comment sent to someone's email. The person who receives it can just reply to the email and the response is saved as a comment in the task! This means that all those conversations are right there for anyone working on it to reference. No more tracking down email strings. It is really easy to look back and see how much time you have been spending on a client. The time tracking features are also very good. You can see very customized time reports and the workload report, which gives you a forecast of the workload for future time periods. This helps you assign out work. Teamwork support is also top-knotch and very responsive.
ConsI think they could offer to let you have 4 projects at a time instead of just two in the free version. It can be difficult to take advantage of all the features of Teamwork because it is so robust and has a lot of features.

By Teamwork.com on July 27, 2017
Hi McKay, Thank you for your review. Great to hear about the positive impact Teamwork Projects is having for you and your team. The collaboration and tracking within Teamwork Projects makes it a powerful tool, not to mention all the other features. Kind regards, Wes
July 7, 2017
Stefan K.
Butler gone Digital.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
April 2, 2017

“Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork!”

OverallI have used Teamwork for almost 2 years - trying other things on the side to see if there is somethings better out there - but my still my first choice. I know about project tools, and they all are good, but they are too complicated and all fashion in their way of use - Teamwork has done something different - and while I tested it out I also tested multiple solutions. They are constantly getting new features and optimizing reporting and UI and UX. The one thing I have been waiting for is the Kanban or Board that they call it - then it will be complete. The cool thing is they are open about their roadmap - so I constantly reach out to push features through - I am sure they listen to us as customers because things happen all the time. So let´s get down to business. Pricing and solutions beats everyone else, trust me! So what is it that makes it so good? Teamwork Project - besides as everyone would expect a project tool - they have another mindset to getting things done - and building performing teams - that I do not find everywhere else. I believe others copy them and try to do it simpler - but then it is a lack of other features that you need in a professional system. Since we have multiple projects, and we connect our clients and give them the overall by onboarding them to follow us in an easy way. We give them an ease of mind, and send them reports daily. So when we meet, we stop the chatter on where we are and can focus on how to go further. We use Teamwork Desk for support sites - and can also build up support for my clients -so we can charge for and outsourced service, that makes their services extend further. Do you think they love it? Teamwork Chat - I can be in contact down on pure tasks, and also the ability to create task as we speak. No waste of time. But my favorite tools are the extensions in chrome and Gmail. Saves me time -and makes me be so effective that I have no words - That is why: Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork! Just a Butler gone Digital, and that is also true. I have high standards - and been digital for 40 years - so I know my ground. Thanks Teamwork!
ProsThe "comlexed easyness" of the way of building quality projects. The extensions in Chrome and Gmail - timesavers deluxe.
ConsStill working on the onboarding of my non-tech clients to make it even simpler for them to follow, but it does actually not matter since they get an email daily on the progress.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are in Business - it is actually so many ways you can even make money on putting together client packages to earn on the solutions features. In normal project tools - they are so costly or they lack features. With Teamwork Desk you can service the clients support as a member service. If you do not get the ideas from using it, talk to me - because I know.

April 2, 2017
Christina P.
UX Designer
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
March 30, 2017

“This product has made my life so much easier”

OverallI am a big fan of Teamwork Projects! I am a UX designer and I had a problem in my company where all of my research files, notes, recordings, ideas, etc. were stored in a number of different places and I needed a way of keeping this information in a single place with the easy ability for other people to see it and to easily search and find what I need. Before Teamwork I would spend ages trying to track down files that I knew existed somewhere, or wanting other people to look at files that turned out to be saved on my local machine. Since discovering Teamwork all of that has changed. It has such a clean and easy UI that makes it very easy to organise my work. The search functionality is great, and the licensing does not charge per user so I can give everyone from my company a login if they want. On top of that, Teamwork has a whole bunch of features that I didn't realise I needed until I used them, and now I could not live without them. Within each project I can attach files, I can forward emails straight into the messages section, I can add a list of tasks and check them off once complete, I can record deadlines and time worked on a project, and I can record any risks the project has with severity levels and impacts. I can even setup people from outside of my company and give them limited access to certain files. Teamwork has amazing capabilities whilst being simple and easy to use. I really cannot recommend it enough. And at such a reasonable price for licenses I would struggle to find an equivalent competitor out there. I have only given it 4/5 stars for features and functionality purely because there is one extra feature I would love to see (if I could have done 4.5 I would have but alas it does not allow half stars on this site). The only thing that is stopping the rest of my company from logging in and looking at all my files is that they need to remember another login. If they could add single sign on and allow it to integrate to other systems we use (such as the atlassian products) then I would be able to get many more people in my company using it.
ProsI love how easy to use it is!! I can gather many different file types (including emails) in one location, and I know exactly where to go to find them later. On the off-chance you cannot find something, the search functionality is great. I spend most of my time either adding files, messages, notebooks or links. I don't often use the time or billing sections, but I can see how they would be useful to other people.
ConsThe only thing I would like to see improved/changed is I would like the ability to have single sign on with some other common tools, such as the atlassian suite. If people in my company did not have to have ANOTHER login to another product then so many more people would use it.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is great. If you haven't got it yet you should. It is so cheap you cannot afford not to, and the value and benefits it gives to its users are great.

By Teamwork.com on April 12, 2017
Hi Christina, Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your feedback with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. You'll be glad to hear that single sign on is really close to being released. So your team will be able to use it very shortly . Thanks again for the great review. If you'd be interested in working on a case study with us just shoot us a message to marketing@teamwork.com. Kind regards, Therese
March 30, 2017
Dominic N.
Digital Media Specialist
Construction, 1-10 employees
March 29, 2017

“One of the best, but still a lot of room for improvement...”

OverallI found Teamwork when the necessity for time tracking, project management and employee/client collaboration was needed at my job. I had already been using a similar system called Paymo at home for my freelance work. So I had an idea of what I needed, and knew Paymo wasn't structured very well for my use. I researched the heck outta these kind of sites, like close to 15 ones, and test drove at least 5 of them with trials. Teamwork wasn't the best, but it was only outdone by others that were ridiculously priced. There are many things I like. The robust functionality of the task lists is probably the most useful. And project organization is nice too. Shortfalls in this area are that project categories are shared across multiple set up companies, not company specific. I don't like how tasks are hidden once completed. And how limited you are on active projects, I'm archiving like crazy, just to save money. I like that the entire system is cleanly designed in a cosmetic sense and for the most part intuitive to learn and use. I also love that it is not user based pricing, being able to add as many users as I want opens up more collaboration with coworkers and clientele. A hard thing to find in these systems are time based reports. Teamwork has great time tracking tools, but kinda falls short in how you can report these. Within the system its just a list with a somewhat useless filter. And exporting this out to a pdf looks plain awful. Customizable, exportable, graphical representations of the time data would make an awesome addition to this system, and would improve and simplify review of time analysis with "less data minded" collaborators and clients. Still, I haven't found one system that really buts much effort into reporting and how it stands in Teamwork is still better than others. All those flaws aside, where Teamwork REALLY drops the ball? Invoicing! No customization, no templates, plain and boring invoicing, and not much can be said for financial tracking or reporting here either. I really hate the financial end of this system all together. Even Paymo did better. So for a single company, looking to only organize and collaborate projects and tasks, to improve speed and efficiency, Teamwork is superb. If you need data analysis and reporting on financials and time invested. You'll need a second system to do that with or one of the way overpriced systems that offer that advanced stuff.
ProsRobust functionality of tasks and projects. Clean intuitive design. Collaboration ability and allowance of unlimited users.
ConsTime reporting lacks in depth data, customization and visual graphic representations. Invoicing is almost embarrassing in its looks, almost no customization, and zero financial reporting.
Recommendations to other buyersDespite the cons, still super useful and one of the best systems I've tried for the price point. Hopefully they will fix these areas in the future!

By Teamwork.com on April 10, 2017
Hi Dominic, Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has been so useful to you and your team. I've passed on all your suggestions to the team for their consideration. Here's a list of the upcoming features that we'll be adding over the course of the next few months: https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap. Here's a list of our current integrations including invoicing: https://www.teamwork.com/integrations. I hope you find them useful. Please get in touch if you have any questions. Thanks again for your feedback. Best regards, Therese
Amanda R.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
March 29, 2017

“Best Project Management Software Hands Down!”

OverallIn my last position our organization of 80 people evaluated multiple project management tools over six months. Teamwork was the clear winner. After we adopted this software the Teamwork staff worked directly with our team to help us find the best ways to use their tools and even made enhancements at our request! I've since used this software for two non-profits and my own company, founded just over a year ago. The choice was never given a second thought. Teamwork continues to make enhancements, they find ways to make their software more intuitive, and they add new tools regularly. Their service is exceptional. I send an email I get a response no later than the next day but usually in a matter of hours. There is no comparison to Basecamp, the tool I've seen other organizations use and the tool I was using before adopting Teamwork. Teamwork is far and above the better program.
ProsIntuitiveness of all of the tools. Integration of all of the tools to work together. The appearance and flexibility to customize it for each unique organization. As an educated graphic and interactive media designer, I applaud the UI designers. Very clean, no-nonsense, where the design and placement of interactive objects don't get in the way of the use.
ConsLove the new calendar. Would like to see how it could populate both ways to a Google calendar. This may already be possible and I just haven't explored it yet. Really can't think of anything, though.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep doing what you're doing!

By Teamwork.com on April 10, 2017
Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has had such a positive effect of your team's productivity. Here's a help doc about viewing your Teamwork Projects calendar in Google Calendar: https://support.teamwork.com/projects/calendar/viewing-your-teamwork-projects-calendar-in-google-calendar. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. We'd love to work on a casestudy with you and showcase it with our customers. If this is something you'd be interested in, simply shoot us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com. Best regards, Therese
Erin B.
Lead Program Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
March 29, 2017

“Overall good experience on Teamwork”

OverallTeamwork has been incredibly helpful to us. One thing about our company is we work in segments, so we have about 20 "categories" of Projects, yet we can't do anything around those categories. I would like to view things with the Project Category as the filter. Milestones for a specific category of projects, tasks for a specific category of projects, add new or existing users to a specific category of projects. This would make our interaction with Teamwork incredibly more useful. I appreciate all the work that has come out over the summer to update the code base making it easier to add new features. And I have been excited about a lot of the features coming out. I would love to see a more robust JIRA integration (rather than just Zapier) since our company uses JIRA on the product/dev side and Teamwork on the operational/project management side.
ProsHow customizable it is by project and within a project. The ability to set permissions and privacy on almost anything in a project.
ConsAdding users to specific projects at a mass project level is not easy. I would like to be able to both add users and filter items (milestones, task lists, activity, Everything items) by Category of the Project. I would like to report on Category of project. I would also like more ways of exporting the milestones in an easier to read report. We want to use milestones as a way to get our entire company in-the-know of upcoming items. But we have so many overlapping milestones the calendar view doesn't work, and the exported excel list isn't appealing for a quick read.

By Teamwork.com on April 10, 2017
Hi Erin, Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience with Teamwork Projects. I'll pass on all your feedback to the team here for consideration. Nicer dashboards and metric, departments and improved reporting are all on our roadmap (https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap).We hope to have them released very soon. I think these will help solve a lot of your issues. If theres anything else you can think of that we can do to help improve your experience with Teamwork Projects, please get in touch. Best reagards, Therese
Joe B.
Principal
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
March 29, 2017

“Great software use it all the time”

OverallHi Teamwork Team, We have been using Teamwork PM for a while now and found in general it works fairly well for what we do. We are a consulting engineering company doing projects that range from a few thousand to a few million dollars. Right now we have eight employees but have had as high as 11. We often have lots of projects in various stages and we have clients for which we operate on an "on-call" basis. For example, right now we have 48 open projects. Obviously, with eight employees we can't be working on all of them at the same time and several are clients for which we have an "on-call" contract with so we keep at task list called "on-call" open with those clients. It helps to keep some visibility for all the clients we have active. One of our biggest frustrations with clients is and TeamworkPM is we can't suspend a group of tasks or a task list and then have it not show up as a late set of tasks, etc. We often have a client suspend tasks we are working on because they do not have permits ready, are still working on funding, or have to wait for something else they are working on to be completed. We can take the end date out of tasks but then we lose the history of when the task was originally supposed to be completed. The same happens if we simply extend the end date. We have tried putting a label on the tasks that say "suspend" but they still show up as late tasks. It would be really great to be able to suspend a task/task list and then it is essentially frozen and is not reported in late tasks until we unsuspend it. Also, it would be great if we could make the standard notebook default to be "This is just a little change" because we often use the notebooks to record conference call notes during the call. If someone forgets to click, "This is just a little change" then we end up with multiple versions of the notes. It would be great if there were better integration between the GNATT chart in TPM and Microsoft Project. While we are not fans of MS Project, we have clients that want their reports in MSProject. The conversion from TPM to MS Project can take some effort since MS Project is more detailed when dealing with critical path and dependencies. The last issue is how to get employees to really use it and keep it up to date! :-) Maybe an electric shock in their chair! :-) As with any tool, one has to use it for it to be successful. Overall, we like the tool. I will also say the Customer service has been awesome.
ProsIt is: Relatively easy to use Flexible Makes it easier to manage projects Great value Great customer service
ConsNo off-line version for when working in an airplane No way to suspend a task or task list
Recommendations to other buyersOverall, this has been great software and we use it all the time. Just a note on your "Industry" Pick list. I did not see electrical or communications engineering, which is what we do.

By Teamwork.com on April 5, 2017
Hi Joe, Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear your positive feedback. Regarding suspended tasks - you can choose to add due dates or not to a tasks. They will always appear to be late if they are not completed before the due date assigned. There is no plan to change this right now. But I'll pass on your suggestion. A work around could be changing due dates and adding comments under the tasks or in their description with the initial dates. You could also add suspended tags to these tasks. This way you'll be able to track all the details on the task. I'll pass on your suggestions about improving the Gantt, Notebook and MSProject integration. Thanks again for your feedback. Kind regards, Therese
Mark H.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2017

“Finally found what we were looking for”

OverallGNGF is a digital marketing agency that only works with law firms across the U.S. At GNGF, we have been a TeamWorkPM enterprise level for over 5 years (and a TeamWork Desk user since it was first released a couple years ago). We started out using Basecamp and it just couldn't meet our needs. One of the key things we needed was to be able to create different templates based on what services our clients had purchased. At the time TeamWork was the only robust online project management tool that could do this. Once we dove in though, we found a lot of features we didn't even know were missing in our lives. For example, I couldn't imagine living without subtasks and recurring tasks now. We do track our time in teamwork which is very easy to use (love this on the mobile app). With hundreds and hundreds of projects across ourclients, we also tag a lot of things and filter and search using tags all the time. I also love the different ways you can handle multiple users on the same task. Using the open API have also programmed a link between teamwork projects and salesforce clients and all user time entries are matched up to the correct employee and client and utilization and billable hours are able to be reported on right in salesforce.com, which, heavily customized, we now use as our internal agency dashboard. I can't say enough about the TeamWork support team. From how-to and best practices help early on in our use of TeamWork, to incorporation of our ideas and use cases into the actual product roadmap, to quick updates and fixes by the API team to help us with our Salesforce integration, we wish all vendor support was this good. Our account team works right out of teamwork desk to interact with their clients. Any issues requiring help by the team are just logged in TeamWorkPM and when the task is completed, the ticket is opened for the account manager to follow back up with the client. Best of all, the client doesn't even realize they are working in a 'ticketing system', it just looks like email to them which gives a much more personal touch. We utilize box.com for document storage so we don't use the file features and we use the API to get time data and don't use the billing feature in teamwork so I cannot comment on those. I have had many agencies complain to me over the years about their project management system and I always point them in the direction of TeamWork, months later I get many thank you emails.
ProsThe feature set is great for agencies with a lot of similar type of recurring projects. Project and Task templates, easy to use, robust features, time tracking built in, integrates perfect with their sister product - teamwork desk (support ticket tracking system). Great open API (we use it to kick off project templates from salesforce.com and report time and utilization back to salesforce.com dashboards). The support team is amazing, in fact everyone we have ever interacted with at Teamwork has been incredible. Plus, when you look around, the price is incredible for the feature set.
ConsWe have a crazy amount of tasks per person across many projects and many clients. Looking across everything is a little cumbersome at times. You can look across projects, users, tags, etc. it just could be a little easier sometimes. I am really stretching for a negative here, but that is all I can really think about that I would want to see improved.
Recommendations to other buyersIt also connects with Zapier - while we wrote directly to the API, it looks like you could do a lot of connection to other webapps through the zapier connection

By Teamwork.com on February 10, 2017
Hi Mark, Wow thanks for the amazing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I've shared your comments with the rest of the team here at and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the product. We'd really be interested in doing a case study with you. If this is something that you'd be in to, please shoot us a message to marketing@teamwork.com. Kind regards, Therese
January 23, 2017
Bonnie M.
Technical Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
February 25, 2019

“Teamwork Projects - Keep up with projects”

OverallIt keeps us on the same page and is a central place to gather copy for projects. It is the only system that has worked for us so far.
ProsI am a technical writer working with a web development company. Before we started using Teamwork Projects (Projects) we were struggling to keep up and keep everyone on the same page. Projects has become a central place we can all use to keep things going. One feature I use are the Notebooks. You can create them, assign different users, privacy levels, and categories. I actually write the copy for our projects directly into the Notebooks. If your internet connection is cutting out, it warns you to stop before continuing to work. When you save a Notebook, you can choose to send various people email messages, mark it as a new version, etc. There are lots of features, and that is just for the Notebooks! You can also create task lists, estimate the amount of time members of your team will spend on things, track time on projects, and send email messages through Outlook. We have even gotten clients to use the system by sending them invitations so they can send and receive messages as projects progress. When clients can use it and participate, it says a lot. No more having to search our inboxes for email messages and cutting and pasting information. Before this, version control on copy was a nightmare.
ConsThe interface cannot be customized in such a way that it looks neat. There are filters that can be applied so that things will be listed in a certain way, but I haven't figured out how to have all my current projects listed right up front when I log in.
February 25, 2019
Darren H.
Creative Services Director
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2017

“Powerful functionality meets great UX”

OverallI have been using Teamwork at different agencies for about eight years now. This is not because it has been the only available platform, in fact at some places I have had to use other platforms, so I know my choice of Teamwork is valid. Over the last 18 months, I have integrated it into our SOP for creative and development projects to great effect. It provides all the tools we need and importantly helps us consolidate a number of disparate individual processes into one area. So regardless of the team, the project type or the chosen methodology, all documentation can be accessed from one place and all tasks can be initiated, tracked and managed in a clear and open way. Frankly anyone not using a platform such as Teamwork is probably working a lot less efficiently than they realise.
ProsClear and easy to use. Lots of tools that work fantastically together, but also work just as well if used individually. As a platform, you can use as much or as little of the features as your project - or company setup - requires.
ConsThe file storage that comes with the subscription is woefully small in this day and age. We once tried using the Google Drive integration, but this was not an ideal solution. I would much rather be able to integrate external drives at a project level as opposed to the overall platform subscription level.

By Teamwork.com on July 26, 2017
Hi Darren, Thank you for writing this review and being with us for such a long period of time. We are delighted to see your positive comments and the fact you and your team are benefitting from using Teamwork Projects. We have taken note of your storage concerns and will pass this onto the relevant team here. If you'd be interested in featuring in a case study with us simply send us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com. Kind regards, Wes
April 25, 2017
Shavonne P.
Owner, Virtual Assistant
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
May 9, 2019

“ABSOLUTE FAVORITE”

OverallI am able to manage my Clients, keep track of all communications, track my time and track billing, invoice, track tasks and manage projects all from within this one software.
ProsThis software is one of the best project management and Client relations software available on the market. It is user-friendly and so simple to learn plus the integrations are insane. You can connect time trackers or use the one built in time tracker. You can grant access to your Clients and literally customize each aspect of the project and how much access they have PLUS it stores all of their information acting as a CRM as well. Not only are you able to track projects, but tasks and you can upload files and store them in the system. You can create notebooks to store information and there is also a dedicated space for messages along with a messaging app. The software is insane and perfect for the ultimate project management team.
ConsReally there isn't anything to dislike and if you are a new startup or Entrepreneur they will give you a year free of their upgraded service.

By Teamwork.com on May 21, 2019
Hi Shavonne, Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. We were delighted to hear that the product was your 'absolute favorite'! We were delighted to hear that you enjoy the product, and that it was deserving of a 10/10 recommendation! Speaking of CRM, did you know that we have one of those now?! Did the world really need another one? No, but it definitely needed a Teamwork suite of integrated products! Have a look here: https://www.teamwork.com/crm/ Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork.
May 9, 2019
December 10, 2018

“An excellent, underrated PM tool”

OverallTeamwork offers a huge amount of features for the price and is comparable to almost any other PM tool out there. The development team is very active and they are continually rolling out new features and listening to the community. Overall, Teamwork gets the work done. It may be a little clunky at times, but if you can overlook that aspect, you will find a very valuable gem in Teamwork as your main PM tool.
Pros- The gantt chart feature really sets Teamwork apart from other similar PM tools. Being able to view the entire project from this perspective allows for quick and effective planning. - Client accounts allow your clients to log in and view progress without seeing private information. - Email-response messaging allows your clients to not even have a Teamwork account but still collaborate with your team. - Internal time-tracking is a great addition to ensure the projects stay in scope, but also just to keep track of important metrics. - Templates! Creating and managing template lists and tasks is a great way to get a project up and running quickly. This is, by far, the most useful feature of Teamwork!
Cons- The desktop time tracking tool is not great at all. It's best just to use the browser-based time tracker (which is less optimal). - The UI is a bit clunky and slow at times. It doesn't *feel* like a modern web application and, at least for me, it detracts from my productivity greatly. - The commenting system seems to be very outdated. Very slow and the notifications are not very noticeable unless you enable email notifications. - The mobile app is not built well at all. Notifications often do not appear, and just the overall appearance looks likes it is from 2010. - The reports that Teamwork generates are not very detailed. A lot to be desired here, but good for a basic PM reporting tool.

December 10, 2018
Kelly I.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
March 29, 2017

“Impressive, robust project management system”

OverallNot only is Teamwork good with creating tasks for you to keep/to, but creating tasks for your entire team is so simple that I rarely have to talk to my team about the nitty-gritty anymore; giving me time to handle the day-to-day project deadlines. TeamworkProjects has made my life as a project manager so much more simple. Everything (literally everything - files, links, messages, images, notes, ideas...) are all in one place; easily organized and easy to find. I use Teamwork Projects exclusively for my work base. The integrations with Chome is also a very handy feature in that I can set tasks/reminders for myself and/or send a link to a teammate without leaving the webpage I am one. Teamwork is one of the most intuitive and powerful managements systems I have used and I highly recommend it to anyone who is working. It can be used for any number of tasks and will save your whole team time and money in the end.
ProsThe ease of use Teamwork has created makes this software simple enough for even non-tech savvy people to quickly understand. The integration into Chrome and TeamworkChat is terrific. The fact I can get updates on my phone keeps me in the loop. I love how easy it is to move projects and/or tasks around to various people in my company. Adding sub tasks and comments is extremely useful. I could go on and on...
ConsI wish the calendar feature integrated with Outlook beyond a 'read-only' ability.
Recommendations to other buyersI wish I found it sooner. Use it to handle your personal 'to-do' lists and also to handle your project from start to finish. Teamwork has created LOADS of useful features for project management, so take advantage of the software. Especially the Gannt Charts.

By Teamwork.com on April 5, 2017
Hi Kelly, Thanks so much for the stellar review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your words with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear how much Teamwork Projects has helped you and your team become more productive. If you'd be interested we'd love to work on a case study with you. Simply shoot us a mail to marketing@teamwork.com if this is something that you'd like to do. Kind regards, Therese
Mike K.
Operations Manager
March 31, 2017

“A flexible project management application that can adapt and grow with your business.”

OverallThreefold Systems have been using TeamWork for over two years now. We have looked at other systems such as Jira and Assana but none have come close to TW with respect to its flexibility and ease of use. Our developers and PM's find it easy to use and rarely have any issues with it. In addition the price point is just right and makes TW excellent value for money. TW allows us to apply our own project management structure where other application force you to adopt their philosophy. This is important to us as our business environment is somewhat different to a traditional software development agency. We have been impressed by TW's drive to continuously improve the application by adding new features and enhancements. Also where we have experienced problems the support from the TW team has been excellent. What would I like to see and improvement in? If there is an area I'd like to see a focus on it would be a either 1) a choice of integrations for analytics services/applications or 2) a flexible built-in visual report builder. While TW does provide some useful reports, it is probably the weakest area of the application feature wise. As an ops manager, I need to be able to go from high level statistics and drill down in to detail. Currently TW is missing that high level view of what's happening across all our projects.
ProsEase of use, value for money, flexibility.
ConsNeeds a more feature rich consistent reporting interface OR a choice of integrations for analytics services/applications

By Teamwork.com on April 18, 2017
Hi Mike, Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has been so beneficial to you and you team over the past couple of years. I've passed on your feedback and suggestion to the team for their consideration. Best regards, Therese
March 31, 2017
Daniel N.
Senior Project Manager
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
October 7, 2019

“Excellent beginner PM SaaS product”

OverallI had never used a project management system like this before, and it was a good introduction in how to better organize tasks and team members in a timely manner.
ProsIt helped me organize the project tasks and learn how to use a Gantt chart with dependencies. Support was very quick and helpful
ConsIt could use some better client-facing reporting options, in a case where user would like to share the project progress with the client. Seems mostly tailored to internal company use.

By Teamwork.com on October 10, 2019
Hi Daniel, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. I'm delighted to hear that it has helped with your organisation and time keeping! With regards to reporting, we have it covered! It is currently in the progress of being built by our Projects team, have a look at the roadmap here for yourself! - https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap?product=projects. If you ever have any issues, our 'very quick and helpful' support staff are on hand 24/7 to give you any assistance needed! They are a great bunch, but we may be slightly biased! Hope you have a nice day! Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)
October 7, 2019
Lindsay S.
CEO (glorified PM)
Design, 1-10 employees
March 29, 2017

“Love you guys. Missed you while we cheated for 2 years.”

OverallI absolutely love teamwork and so does my team (or at least as much as they can when their forced to track time. We've been loyal except for a two year period where we used mavenlink. Our primary reason for using Mavenlink was because they have the functionality to assign resources specific hours to the day and quickly see if your over/under resourced. We moved back to teamwork in the summer because I scaled back the agency (personal matter). But we are growing again and need resourcing. I'm using some work arounds, but it is far from ideal. Can we be your guinea pig as you role out the new software? We want to grow together with you, just as we have in the past. We need to be able to see a dashboard (with filtering) of project estimates/hours assigned to each person, totalled by the day and the week, as well as the ability to interact with feilds to change the hours. ie create a schedule (w/assigned hours that are specific to a task or task list.)
Prosease of use with interface, flexibility with tasks and task lists. Milestone calendar view makes my clients vary happy.
Cons-resourcing + team scheduling functionality -Ability to export combined milestone calendars -ability to customize look/personalize

By Teamwork.com on April 4, 2017
Hi Lindsay, Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. You'll be happy to hear that nicer dashboards and resource management and reporting are all on our roadmap, and we'll be working to release them very soon https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap. Kind regards, Therese
Raúl Fernando G.
Gerente de Oficina de Administración de Proyectos (PMO Manager)
Automotive, 51-200 employees
November 6, 2018

“One of the Best”

OverallAfter spending quite some time trying to manage all the projects for every department with documentation and spreadsheets, It was hard to let the teams know which tasks to follow or to review their work, even using cloud sharing software like dropbox. With Teamwork Projects, it was really easy to let them know what was next, send some advice, review files and report to the board the status of every project. It was amazing how things started to move more swiftly and we got rid of tons of emails.
ProsYou don't need to be a technician to be able to use this software. Easy to use, lots of features, can manage multiple projects for your own company or your clients. One of the best features is that you can invite your own client to the project, so your client can see the progress in real time, ask and review the work. Another great thing is the ability to work locally the Microsoft Office files that are online and they are automatically uploaded once you save.
ConsIt would be great to have some kind of guide or project example, because moving everything to a platform can be a little overwhelming if you don't have much experience. They do have a blog with some suggestions, but when I started I would have loved an example just to see how to arrange everything. Also, I think the reports could use a little tweak.

November 6, 2018
Giorgi G.
Lead Customer Care
Tobacco, Unspecified
June 16, 2018

“Very well managed team!”

ProsI love the extended functions and the flow of the task management in this program! It's very easy to even communicate with team members via the application, not talking about managing project/tasks collaboratively which is very easy. It's utterly feature-rich platform where you can get a certain task/project maintained without any hassle. It offers almost everything you need for managing the team, your own tasks or even the time spent on the tasks Overall, I highly advise it to the companies who have large and many teams for project management.
ConsIn the beginning, this platform might seem a bit overloaded with lots of functionalities which are gathered in one place. It, in fact, has a lot of functionalities, thus, you need to take time to review the whole platform before you are able to work on it effectively. It certainly takes time to figure it out at first.

By Teamwork.com on June 19, 2018
Hi Giorgi, Thank you for your great review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear you you are making use of all the features it has to offer and allows more smooth collaboration between your team members. Feel free to get in touch to explain what you found difficult at first and what onboarding issues you are experiencing at support@teamwork.com. We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars. Kind Regards, Deborah
June 16, 2018
Craig H.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

“Great product ”

OverallWe really find this has helped us centralize and organize work and projects for our company. It is great that we bring clients on so easily to be a part of the process. In our line of work keeping information and communication centralized is very important as small details can have major impacts to cost and timelines. This really has helped with any communication loss. We really would like to extract more info out of the program easier and are hopeful that is coming so that we can easily sort reports by customer for customers to give them snapshots of their projects.
ProsEase of use and ability to onboard employees and clients with very little training. It is intuitive and works well. Easy to set up new projects and timelines with templates.
ConsAbility to customize reports would be great and I think that is coming but it is really needed for us to help give reports to specific clients to give them a snapshot of where the products are in the order cycle.
Recommendations to other buyersIt would be great if we could have areas to store general notes/procedures about/for customers. So for an external company if there were notebooks available to thos companies not attached to projects I think would be useful. Also if we could have a more segmented side of each project so that it would be more obvious what the client would have access to and what they do not. Sometimes I am nervous my employees may make mistakes with privacy settings on sensitive documents.

By Teamwork.com on April 11, 2017
Hi Craig, Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience using Teamwork Projects. We are working on improving our reporting at the moment, but in the mean time you can create custom reports by going to the everything section, add your conditions and press the export button. Hope this helps. Please get in touch if you ever have any more questions. Best regards, Therese
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
September 7, 2019

“Best project management software”

OverallExcellent for collaborations that involve outside entities, the features and functionalities allow us to be completely transparent with other companies and clients.
ProsTeamwork has a lot of excellent features that other project management software do not offer such as risk assessment, billing, gantt charts, and other functionalities essential to our projects.
ConsThe price is a little steep, they charge per user but they do not charge extra for view-only users which is great for us when we want to allow clients to view the status of projects.

By Teamwork.com on September 10, 2019
Hi there, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Our development team were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the extensive features of the product! The view-only users can be very handy for outside collaborators. We completely agree! If you ever have any issues, our lovely support team are on hand to help out however possible! Drop them an email over at support@teamwork.com. Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)
September 7, 2019
Leslie M.
Family Catalyst
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
March 8, 2018

“A breath of fresh air in project management with a fantastic mobile app”

OverallMore efficient and robust project management capabilities, lower cost than our previous project management software, and more responsiveness of team members due to the well-designed mobile app.
ProsTeamwork was the second project management software we used, after switching from a larger, more well-known company that was not meeting our needs well (and costing us more!). Teamwork has a visually appealing and intuitive user interface and contains all the features we needed that our previous software did not have - things like cascading tasks, task dependencies, and cross-project interaction. Also, the mobile app is FANTASTIC. There is very little I can't do from my phone or tablet, which allows me to keep current on all projects and reduce response time.
ConsWe do often find ourselves wishing it integrated better with 3rd party software programs. It feels like we have to maintain tasks in Teamwork, and also tasks in a personal task-management software, or we have to duplicate all tasks to keep everything in one place. I wish there was a solution that would allow those to 'talk' to each other for efficiency of managing one's projects and time. If this were available, I would switch to pretty much any task management software that worked with Teamwork.

By Teamwork.com on April 5, 2018
Hey Leslie, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Our Mobile team will be thrilled to hear your fantastic comments about our apps, they work really hard to keep them working as smoothly as our customers. Could you contact us on marketing@teamwork.com with some more information on what integrations you would find beneficial? We have a very responsive integrations team that I can gladly pass on your feedback to. Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards, Deborah
March 8, 2018
Jas N.
51-200 employees
August 16, 2017

“Teamwork Projects is a great collaboration tool for everyday tasks for projects of all sizes.”

OverallOverall, this program is very useful in organizing larger tasks. I find Google Keep better for small To-do list type tasks and Teamwork more useful for larger projects which will have several different tasks that may take several weeks to complete. Once you have set your templates and assigned collaborators to tasks, you'll find this is a very easy to use tool to organize and log events for various projects.
ProsIntegrates easily with Google Drive and many other applications. This allows you to "store" more files on the Teamwork database without actually using up the storage space. Easily assign tasks to cooworkers and monitor their progress live. Can even set email notifications when a task is assigned to you or made available for you to work on. Dependencies feature allows for the user to streamline flow of start to end for all tasks. You won't be able to work on a task until the one prior to is completed. The ability to create task templates makes it very quick and easy to add task lists with pre set dependencies and assigned collaborators.
ConsIs a bit pricey compared to some other softwares but definitely has more features. New Gaant Chart feature is useful but not as intuitive yet. They are always working on updates so I'm sure it will be improved.

August 16, 2017
arvin b.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“we need more structure”

OverallIt will very good if we can have better structure for the below: -Better and visual task management (currently we can only enter main tasks and sub tasks are difficult to manage) -Kanban and scrum boards (+ GitHub integration for issue management) -Better messaging/conversations -Better structure/grouping for files and notebooks. My biggest problem is files being thrown to a single level and no particular structure to them. (for example: who wants to see a screenshot attached to a message within the files section which we keep major documentation.) It is very easy to get lost in files. We defiantly need a structuring for it.
Pros-short learning curve.
Cons-no particular structuring to most things. like files, notes. messages etc......
Recommendations to other buyersYou guys need to be proactive and improve with more features. It feels like product is not being improved with major functionality but only with minor feature improvements and some new integrations. There are loads of major features which you can/need to add or soon people will start to switch to other software which do improve themselves.

By Teamwork.com on April 10, 2017
Hi Arvin, Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. The new boards feature should be of great benefit to you. It's a a visual agile way to work with your tasks. Here's our youtube playlist on Boards: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAN4i3TBOs8Vmmf6XoPuT91kRetAYAQOW. I'll pass on all of your suggestions to the team here for consideration. You can check out our roadmap to see our latest feature releases as well as our upcoming ones. https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap. Please get in touch if theres anything else you can think of that would improve your experience with Teamwork Projects. Thanks again for your review. Best regards, Therese
Marilyn S.
Outsourcing/Offshoring, Self-employed

“Teamwork Projects Rocks!”

OverallI've used Teamwork for several years, both for my own business and with clients. Prior to that I used Basecamp and Excel spreadsheets to keep up with everything. I am a virtual assistant, so I typically have 3-6 clients at one time, managing many different projects and tasks for each of them. Teamwork has saved my reputation and my sanity! It's easy to set up, easy to learn, and wonderfully easy to manage. I have also set up and now manage Teamwork accounts for several of my clients, and they love it as well. TW Projects keeps the entire team on track with their tasks, allows management to follow the progress of every project, and makes tracking time a breeze. I've just recently become a Certified Teamwork Expert; that's how much I love this program!
ProsIt's extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate.
ConsThere are still some features that I can't find enough information on in the FAQs, but when that happens and I email the TW Support team, they are always quick to reply with help!
Recommendations to other buyersI just love it. I still use Basecamp with a group I volunteer with, and Teamwork continues to outshine BC and that wretched Excel spreadsheet!

By Teamwork.com on April 10, 2017
Hi Marilyn, Thanks very much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. We'd love to work on a case study with you and showcase your story with the rest of our customers. If you're interested just shoot us a message to marketing@teamwork.com. Best regards, Therese
Michael P.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2017

“The Dream Has Come True!”

Overall23 Years ago I began using Ecco Pro a group project manager in the office - pim for my medical sales company - I dreamed of one day having a system that could combine the entire enterprise, inside and outside, seamlessly working together like the Borge on Star Trek - Teamwork Projects accomplishs this goal like no other platform. Teamworks also solves the two deployment challenges we faced with Ecco and Microsoft Project - learning curve and the minimum intelligence level required to use. Teamworks is simple to use while also having the comprehensive features of the more powerfull project managers. Prior to Teamworks we had used a number of PM's inclunding basecamp. Basecamp was simple but limited. Couple of other mentions: The Teamwork Team is constantly adding features at fairly quick pace. Tasks and sub tasks - critical paths all make sure you got your "i"'s and cross your "T"'s. I have a wish list but haven't submitted it because the Teamworks team is sure to have it on their Teamwork Projects Todo List. Summary: Simple implementation, Simple deployment, Feature Rich, Start using today. Don't ask your IT girl what she thinks, you won't need her to deploy Teamworks - IT is included in the price. COST: Should be 10x the amount. We are a startup prefunding, when we get funded I would pay 10x what their asking.
ProsSimple to: Use, Deploy, Comprehensive, Scalable, Feature Rich, Very Affordable
ConsI would like to see more integration with other software -which will come as they grow.
Recommendations to other buyersStop looking, and use. We have tried the other platforms. You won't. Find lower cost. Or more features except with ms projects

By Teamwork.com on April 24, 2017
Hi Michael, Thanks so much for your great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. Keep up the great work. Best regards, Therese
April 5, 2017
Tigran K.
Digital Marketing Specialist
October 13, 2019

“Perfect for Managing and Keeping Track of Work”

OverallMy overall experience was very positive with Teamwork Projects. Every time I have the freedom to choose software for managing my work I choose Teamwork.
ProsTeamwork is the all-in-one software for managing projects. I've used Projects in several workplaces and was very pleased in all cases. It offers all the essential task tracking features and also has a Trello-like board view. The built-in time tracker was especially useful to keep track of the time spent on each task. Teamwork even offers a client for the timer that can stay above all your windows so that you don't forget starting or stopping the timer.
ConsThe only con for Teamwork Projects is that it can be hard to navigate around at first. While the UI is perfectly easy-to-use, the existence of many features makes getting lost in the UI very easy when you're new to it. To some people, the UI is intimidating at first glance. Convincing those people to get on board was the challenging part of making the software a default project management tool in the company.
October 13, 2019
Hayley M.
September 30, 2019

“Streamline for remote work”

OverallEveryone in our company works remotely, so this has been a wonderful asset to us. Honestly, without it, we would all have to go into an office together daily. This allows our out of state clients access to a list of what they need to provide without us having to bug them about it every time.
ProsI love how streamlined this makes our entire process. Everyone is able to work together on one project without physically being together in one room. It can be set to alert you when something you've been waiting on has been completed, so you can be working on your other projects in your downtime.
ConsSometimes setting up tasks and projects can be confusing and have to be gone about in strange ways, but once they are completed, it's incredibly simple to turn them into templates so you only have to struggle the first time.

By Teamwork.com on October 3, 2019
Hi Hayley, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Our team loved hearing that Projects has helped streamline your work! Struggling with setup? We have some solutions that! Our support team are on hand to help you with any issues or queries you may be having with the software. They are the best in the business, and available 24/7! Catch them over at support@teamwork.com :) Hope you have a great day, and we are glad to hear that Teamwork is part of it! Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork
September 30, 2019
Akande D.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Consumer Goods, 1001-5000 employees
August 22, 2019

“Teamwork is great for small to mid-sized businesses”

OverallOverall, it was a great platform to use for the business I was at. It had robust features and a short learning curve to become more proficient.
ProsOne thing that stuck out to me about Teamwork is how it combines the user experience of an enterprise-grade platform, but makes it easy enough to use for a smaller business. The interface is clean and easy-to-use while still being exceptionally robust. Time tracking and the Google Chrome feature are pretty awesome as well!
ConsThe only thing I didn't really like about Teamwork was the actual speed of the platform when you opened larger projects. With several tabs open, or a larger project opened, it would slow down significantly and it was sometimes a pain to navigate. I thought this was a computer issue on my end, but other users talked about the same problem, so I would assume it's something Teamwork should look into.

By Teamwork.com on August 27, 2019
Hi Akande, Thanks for the review of Teamwork Projects. We were glad to hear that you found it 'clean and easy-to-use'! We love our time tracking and our Google add-ons too, they are fairly cool! Speed issues? We have you covered! Send us an email over at support@teamwork.com and we will have our team look into this for you. We will do everything to try and improve the speed of the software for you! Thanks again for spreading the #Teamwork love, and remember to reach out to us via social media or email should you ever have an issues, or even just to say hello! Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork :)
August 22, 2019
Amber C.
Inbound Marketing Strategist
May 23, 2018

“Easy to Use with Complexity to Adjust”

OverallIt keeps our team on track and helps us understand which team member we are waiting on a piece of the project from. From an overall view of a project and how efficiently tasks are being completed to a detailed view using Gantt Charts, it's easy to see my team's productivity. Plus it's easy to see what I have to do, to set up repeating tasks, to add special permissions to my team members and more. Would highly recommend Teamwork PM!
ProsTeamwork helps keep our company in line where we can track projects, due dates, time tracking, milestones, important files and more. Our business wouldn't run without it. It's easy to use, but can become complex if you are utilizing all of its features or customizing your projects well. We switched from Basecamp 2 to Teamwork and have never looked back. We absolutely love it!
ConsI really don't have anything negative to say. The price, the usability and the benefits are all right for our small business.

By Teamwork.com on June 5, 2018
Hey Amber, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear you are utilizing so much of the features and are enjoying them- even better to hear you've switched from Basecamp :-) Would you be interested in featuring in a testimonial or case study with us so we could hear more about your experience? Simply send us an email to marketing@teamwork.com. Kind Regards, Deborah
May 23, 2018
February 8, 2018

“Inexpensive, gets the job done.”

OverallOnce you've learned the tool, your work will be extremely organized and due dates won't sneak up on you anymore!
ProsMy favorite thing about the software is, if you know what you're doing, you can easily organize all your tasks and priorities all on one overview dashboard. Once you've learned to utilize "start" and "due" dates, it's easy to see what's on your plate for the day/week if you're a planner like myself. I'm a very organized person, and Teamwork helps me and my team stay on the same page.
ConsIt's really hard to learn. I took me a couple months of working in it every day to finally feel comfortable and to use it fully. Whenever we have clients join our Teamwork projects, teaching them the software is a bit of a nightmare!

By Teamwork.com on February 27, 2018
Hi there, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear how it keeps you organised! Feel free to get in touch to explain what you found difficult at first and what onboarding issues you are experiencing at support@teamwork.com. We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars. Kind Regards, Deborah
February 8, 2018
June 12, 2018

“For us, an almost perfect project management platform”

ProsIt's ease of use. We are able to quickly and effectively launch new projects and task lists based on templates and then add team and client members to their respective tasks for seamless communication, collaboration, and asset sharing.
ConsThe integrations can start to add up in cost being that you can't purchase integration ala-carte: you have to purchase different levels of subscription to have access to specific integrations. The other big downfall is that their Gantt chart is behind in terms of the competition, which is probably the reason that Gantt is not the default view for projects.

By Teamwork.com on June 13, 2018
Hi there, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear you are really enjoying the use of our products, it's great that it allows you to keep you and your team on track. Unfortunately certain integrations are available on different price plans. I can arrange a member of our team to contact you if you would like to hear the options? In regards to the Gantt chart, our developers and designers work continuously on improving and updating our products and this is one area we will be working on to ensure we keep with our customers satisfaction. If you come into any difficulties, our support team is available 24/5 to assist with any query we may have. Kind Regards, Deborah
June 12, 2018
Chris V.
Design, Unspecified
January 9, 2018

“The most powerful, flexible PM software I've used”

ProsTeamwork Projects has it all. As a business owner, I often want a high-level, low fidelity overview of all the projects my team is working on. Other times, I need a detailed, granular view of a specific project so I can see exactly what tasks are upcoming to keep clients up to date. Teamwork can do both. It gives you the tools to visualise the overall health of your projects, while also allowing you to get into the nitty-gritty of what's being worked on at any given time. It's allowed us to merge our project management processes into a single tool, while gaining even more functionality.
ConsBecause it can do so much, it can be tough to get started and get things set up exactly the way you like. It seems like there are endless options for organising tasks, and to a degree you have to pick a method and run with it. That can make getting started and adjusted to the software difficult, and really require you to commit to learning it and using it for an extended period of time (until you settle in)

By Teamwork.com on January 26, 2018
Hey Chris, Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects. Feel free to get in touch to explain what you found difficult at first and what onboarding issues you are experiencing at support@teamwork.com. We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars. Kind Regards, Deborah
January 9, 2018
Tracy H.
Management & Training Consultant
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self-employed
September 21, 2017

“Perfect for multi-tasking”

OverallManaging compliance for multiple companies with a few templates. Awesome!
ProsThe ability to collaborate with my customers has been a real asset. As I deal in road haulage compliance and there are a myriad of individual tasks and sub-tasks to keep track of, it has enabled me to create templates from which I can create individually tailored lists for my customers. I have introduced the software to 5 or 6 clients now and have received positive praise from all of them. I really like the overview as it keeps me and them on track and the daily notifications focus the mind on late tasks. I recommend Teamwork Projects to anyone that I think may find it useful - I certainly do.
ConsTo be honest, I struggle to find anything bad to say about it ... It would be a useful tool to be able to sort files into folders, but I suppose that is a development suggestion rather than a dislike.

By Teamwork.com on September 22, 2017
Hi Tracy, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that Teamwork Projects keeps you and your clients on track. Nice to hear that you are receiving positive praise from your clients for introducing them to Teamwork Projects. We will take note of your development suggestion and pass it on to the team. Kind regards, Wes
September 21, 2017
Alan C.
Chairman
11-50 employees
February 14, 2017

“Super for all aspects of Project Management for Labor”

OverallWhen it comes to creating a project schedule with milestones and tasks, this software is nice for small to mid-sized subcontractors like our company. Very nice program with great potential to grow, and a team that seems interested in continuously improving the product!
ProsThe time tracking is really user-friendly and can report against estimated hours for each task - very simply. Some programs do not allow the flexibility that Teamwork allows when it comes to going from a drilled down project format to a broad view schedule for all projects in progress - teamwork does this nicely. It also allows notes for RFIs, COs, and project logs. Files can be fully uploaded or linked through programs like dropbox. Project photos can be uploaded to each job. The improved Overview gives a nice "quick glance" to see what's going on in each project.
ConsDoes not allow entering estimated materials cost with the ability to track actual expense verses remaining committed costs. It seems the format of the program would readily accommodate this, so it could be one of the improvements the team is working on. The program has an integrated chat that could be extremely powerful if audio was added (like Voxer). For the cost of the program, there is no way that someone could expect these items, but for customers like me, who are so happy with the foundation of it, I would gladly pay more for them - the platform is NICE. Not sure this belonged in the Cons...
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking for a good tool for scheduling projects and assigning crews - hard to beat. If you are looking for a project management program that will allow you to track the cost of labor against tasks, look no further. After looking extensively through project management programs and even starting several of them like corecon, basecamp, etc... this program proved far better for us. I liked smartsheet, but this program is even sharper!

February 14, 2017
Lora M.
Controller
July 18, 2018

“Easy to collaborate on large projects with multiple members. ”

ProsAble to add members who need to be kept in the loop. Not everyone on the project has to be selected to receive the correspondence. That way, you can direct messaging to the appropriate team members. We can all stay on the same page with relevant information. You don't have to log in to team work to see the posts you have been copied on. The messages come straight to your email.
ConsIt's sometimes difficult to follow a string of messaging. The newest information seems to float to the bottom of the string instead of the top but that doesn't always appear to be consistent, so we have team members that miss communication because they didn't scroll all the way down the page for new information. Also, sometimes the "folders" have information buried in them that not all team members remember to access. If the team members don't reply to messaging in the same string (under the common topic) it can be difficult to look up prior messages. Especially if you're looking for something specific.

By Teamwork.com on July 30, 2018
Hey Lora, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear you and your team have personalized your use for communication needs. I've taken onboard your comments regarding messaging within Teamwork Projects and i'll be sure to pass these onto our Customer Champion. Our development team are constantly working on improving our current features as well as developing new ones. Check out our roadmap to see what other features and developments are coming soon https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap. Kind Regards, Deborah
July 18, 2018
Christopher C.
Junior Marketing Manager
501-1000 employees
April 22, 2018

“Productivity software putting us onto the fast path for success.”

OverallBoost to team productivity, away from email and spreadsheet tracking.
ProsAs we expanded from tiny to small sized marketing team, we were experiencing an email deluge and suffering lost productivity as a result. This put us back on path to success. Hubspot integration a big bonus for us aswell - shopping around I could not find anything similar unless you're prepared to use Zapier as middleware, which I was not. Also important to note this integration is supported by teamwork itself no a community organization/company.
ConsAs with any software there is a learning curve. Even after doing tutorials you will have a learning curve. I guess for user experience to be a real home run, more pop ups and intuitive suggestions for what I may want to do on a page would be nice. It would be great if I knew how important it would be to set my orgs own best practices on comments for tasks, tags for tasks, linking, using office document software in tandem etc. Where is the sharepoint integration.

By Teamwork.com on May 22, 2018
Hi Christopher, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear that we have been part of your success as your team has grown and continues to grow. Would you prefer a specific webinar set up for you and your team with our Customer Success team, they can go through the learning curve that your talking about and give you advice as well as some hints and tricks to help you and your team save time allowing you to be more productive. They are available on success@teamwork.com Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards, Deborah
April 22, 2018
Ali W.
April 3, 2017

“The best project management software I've used”

OverallI started using Teamwork in 2011 after having evaluated and tested it versus 9 other tools. It was the best solution then, and it still is now. I've subsequently introduced it to the last company I worked at (to replace their existing tool), and to my latest company. The feature list is also constantly growing with incredibly useful updates and enhancements. From a UX point of view, Teamwork is incredibly well designed, and the latest dashboard enhancements are testament to this. Being able to add team members, clients and external contractors is also hugely beneficial. You can provide access to the relevant projects and tasks, and also restrict certain features - such as time tracking. I can't recommend this tool enough - different league to everything else.
ProsTime tracking, UX, hierarchy levels, and sub-tasks.
ConsGenuinely there is nothing I can say that is a con about the software
Recommendations to other buyersThey have a free plan, where you only get a handful of projects, but you still get most of the features you will need. Give this a whirl and you will see why the tool is so fantastic

By Teamwork.com on April 21, 2017
Hi Ali, Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects since 2011. We're glad to have you onboard and we cant wait for you to see our upcoming feature releases ;). Best regards, Therese
April 3, 2017
Roger R.
Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees
March 29, 2017

“Excellent Software for Project Management in Small to Medium Businesses”

OverallOur office has been using Teamwork for several months, and while not everyone in the company has moved to the system, those that have are quite happy with the way it functions in general. The level of customization that is available is robust enough to be useful, while simple enough to be functional for even an untrained employee, and has improved even in the few months we've been using it. It does require a lot of effort to build the systems and workflows that work for your company and industry, but once that is done maintenance and usage are fairly straightforward. My only recommendation to anyone considering this software is that you make sure you have executive buy-in. If the executives in your company don't get on the system, it will be much harder to get the rest of the organization in line. Executive time is certainly precious, but make the case for the software hard, and well before launch, because it is vital they be on it.
ProsCustomization, ease of use, multiple ways to organize your projects and workflows, employee interaction.
ConsNeeds more robust and customized reporting features, could use individual calendaring.

By Teamwork.com on April 11, 2017
Hi Roger, Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that your team are having a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. If you can tell us why you're having difficulties getting buy in from the rest of our team we'd be happy to look into the issue. We're working on improving the reporting functionality at the moment but a work around for now is go to the Everything section, add your conditions and export your report. You can add a filter in the calendar that just brings up your items. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you ever have any questions. Best regards, Therese