Apptivo Ratings

Overall

About Apptivo

Apptivo's online CRM system is a powerful tool to manage your sales, marketing, and much more. CRM sits at the core of Apptivo's integrated suite of business apps, providing a complete suite to tools to gain a 360 view of your customer. Our CRM includes lead management, an opportunity pipeline with intuitive dashboards, and flexible workflow tools including marketing automation. Everything is completely accessible from your Android or iOS device and integrated with Office365 & G Suite. Learn more about Apptivo

Dave C.
VP/COO
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2019

“Exceptional assistance from Gowmi on recent invoice generation issue”

OverallOverall, the wide array of software modules and features contained within each have helped us reasonably well over the past couple years to centralize our product and client billing functions.
ProsWanted to give a special thank you to Gowmi, who walked us through - and promptly adjusted templates for us relating to - a specialized case in the creation and sending of a partial payment invoice. We depend on Apptivo for most CRM functions, but we often have special case situations that need a deeper dive - and the present case was one of those. Gowmi took all of the time necessary to view my screenshots and descriptions, research the underlying problem, make changes to the templates we were using, and answered all of my follow-up questions. The problem was resolved in a timely manner, and we got the right information to our client as a result. What more can you ask for? Gowmi, thank you very much again!
ConsWe are into our 3rd year using the paid version of Apptivo. Over this period of time, we've had a moderate number of chat-based technical support issues that we've tried to resolve. Unfortunately, I've learned that if it gets to the point where the tech support team member is compelled to write a support ticket after exhausting their own team's resources, we typically never hear back again as follow-up to the ticket generation. Beyond that, admin users do not get the benefit of seeing any kind of "Your current open support tickets and progress" page that would give us some reassurance that tickets were actually being worked on by the senior support and developer teams. This has been a significant Achilles' heel in an otherwise very functional platform.

By Apptivo on August 26, 2019
Hello Dave, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you were happy with your experience with one of our support representatives. We understand and will collect your feedback regarding followups on tickets to notify our teams accordingly. Thank you so much again! Team Apptivo
August 20, 2019
Michael A.
CIO
Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees
June 28, 2019

“General ”

OverallSlow. Very pleased with how things work, but it took a little while to get used to the interface. Now that we have been using it for 3 months or so, it has everything we need all in one place.
ProsThe variety of features that cover Sales to Finance. The value of the apps that are offered fits perfectly into our organization.
ConsIt's sometimes hard to find things. I think this will diminish as I use the product more. The biggest frustration is the integration with other products especially O365. I think I have the email down, but calendar is harder than it should be. Using OneDrive only connects to my personal account and I would like to be able to connect it to our O365 sharepoint folders instead.

By Apptivo on August 20, 2019
Hello Michael, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you're happy with the value the apps bring to your company. We will collect this feedback on getting familiarized with Apptivo and notify our teams accordingly to improve the process. Thank you, again! Team Apptivo
June 28, 2019
Robert P.
Entertainment, Self-employed
March 23, 2019

“Making a small business look large and professional”

OverallVery Happy with the product. It works well, year in and year out, and this year, I intend to learn how to use more aspects of it. It's a complete sales CRM and I don't really take advantage of that. I use it as an invoice generation tool. I am a loyal user and have no intention of looking elsewhere. BUT please think about that calendar feature. $60 and an invasive integration from Google, feels a bit much.
ProsIt is easy and quick to punch out an invoice copying an old customer invoice and making a couple changes in the body the Output looks Professional when I bill my corporate clients. I like that if I get stuck, CHAT is always available and it's been quick to resolve my confusion or concerns.
ConsInconsistent features access between my Ipad and my windows desktop. The IOS (Apple) apps have improved since I started using Apptivo. Although I had to have two separate Apps on my ipad initially and it was confusing, the main app has bulked up to where I rarely need to get on my windows machine. But I'm finding I do have to still, like setting up recurring invoices. Recording payments, seems to be less than intuitive, resulting in me over crediting an account and having to search until I gave up, trying to delete the twice or more extra payments due to some sort of lag from screen to screen. My man complaint is lack of a simple calendar capability and it appears if I want it I'll be having to add Google G Suites, which is overkill. Apparently to make up for lack of feature capability in Apptivo, if I want to set up recurring invoices that utilize date features like 2nd Tuesday of every month or 4th Monday of the month. That will cost me $6 month from Google and I don't want or need all of the G suite features.

By Apptivo on April 4, 2019
Hi Robert! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo Sure we are taking all your feedback on enhancing the Recurring Invoices and Calendar capability into consideration and will work on it. I am delighted to read that our support team provided excellent service. We would continue to give all of our customers with the same fantastic experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to support@apptivo.com. Thanks again!
March 23, 2019
Vernessa T.
Freelance Writer
June 20, 2018

“Apptivo is All-Inclusive, Modern ERP Cloud App Done Right (Just Add Speed and GUI Refresh)”

OverallI was using Teamwork (formerly Teamwork PM) for project management, a local install of vTiger CRM for contacts and opportunity management, and myriad other cloud-based apps to pull together administrative activities. I wanted an all-inclusive software with strong project management features that also allowed me to handle detailed invoicing and allowed customers to click a link to pay. Lastly, the CRM component had to be at least as good as vTiger (or Zoho CRM which I'd also given a trial run). Apptivo satisfied these needs. Pleased with the CRM, opportunity management, project management, field service management, and billing apps (especially since they've added Stripe as a payment gateway).
ProsThey do not nickle-and-dime you to death! One price includes everything. Their tiers are about number of users rather than adding/subtracting features. A more sensible model than some of the others. I like how detail views are available from most places -- call logs, projects, tasks, and notes can be associated with a contact or company or opportunity. The integration with email is excellent, right down to making it easy to connect your email boxes. One challenge I had that Apptivo solved for me was how to keep emails related to a particular project or opportunity all together in one place. Apptivo does a good job of this by assigning codes (or project numbers), and allowing you to select whether or not the email you are writing is related. If you are writing emails using some other application (your desktop client or cloud-based app), you can use the same code in the subject line and Apptivo will pull that email into the app, and associate it with the relevant modules (project, client, case, etc.)
ConsApptivo is reliable, doesn't seem to ever lose information, etc. but it is often as slow as molasses in an ice storm. Waiting is a no-no; constant waiting is a annoyance that has made me close the app more than once and come back another time. Apptivo communicates improvements and changes on a regular basis, however, it takes Apptivo a long, loooooong time to integrate changes that have been requested by clients, and improvements overall. The incremental changes they report on are good but they are really things that should have been implemented 4-5 years ago. An example of this is Stripe (payment gateway) integration. I requested it over and over about 3 years ago but it was just implemented last year. They could do better with customization (esp. dashboards), reporting, data import, data export and speed. Low scores on API/integrations -- they have an API but not many other services have developed integrations for it. Neither have they developed many integrations (except for Google products). Even their WordPress module is outdated, clunky. Also, connection to phone services (to take better advantage of the ability to log calls). The interface still has areas that are clunky and unattractive (although, in defense of Apptivo, I must say the interface has improved in aesthetics, colors and icons in the 4 years I've been using it).

By Apptivo on December 12, 2018
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo
June 20, 2018
Marcel O.
May 1, 2018

“Very useful CRM, accessible from anywhere, good value for money”

ProsThe CRM functionality is intuitive to use. Not much setup is needed but still a lot of customization is possible. It can easily grow with the company and is accessible from anywhere. As a cloud based service you do not need to care about hardware, accessibility etc. Remarkable: There is an exceptionally responsive customer support. Overall very recommended for flexible startup companies.
ConsWhile the CRM functionality is quite good the rest of the apps (like order management, invoicing, inventory etc.) are a bit limited in possibilities and use. As long as one is dealing within a single country this should be fine. As an international business with export to many countries there will be many compromises or workarounds. Especially regarding interaction with the customers (quotes, invoices etc.) the customization possibilities are very limited. From time to time new releases or features are deployed that can change appearance and functionality to the better or worse. While the response time of the customer support is better than anything else I have ever seen, the help with more sophisticated questions is often limited and needs long explanations. Fixing of bugs can take very long. Overall the software feels a bit slow.

Edwin S.
Founder - Shareholder - Marketing manager - Sourcing and Purchasing manager
1-10 employees
February 22, 2015

“Why I am choosing Apptivo”

OverallSo, I have been test driving CRM's for the last 2 years. I have scanned and reviewed about 100 of the CRM's out there, and during the selection process only a few stood up to my requirements, being: -A solid sales pipeline (From lead to opportunity to sales to after-sales) -A great contact management system -The possibility to generate quotes that can be converted to work orders, to invoices etc -An integrated templated Project management system with pre-set task generation -Email (gmail) integration -Google apps for business integration -The possibility to add more functionality in the form of integrated apps when the need arises. At the end, and when all the nitty-gritty was tested, only 3 applications remained who were comparable, qua price and functionality. But where Apptivo stands out with head and shoulders above nearly ALL the CRM's I tested, is the quality and the availability of their support! As far as I know, ONLY Apptivo, has a free 24/7/365 online support chat from within the CRM, and I consider this as a huge plus point. I run a small B2B business supplying promotional products mostly in Southern Africa but rapidly growing and expanding our market. We are currently with six people, but I am confident that at our current growth rate, we will pass the 10 employee mark by the end of 2015. I have a deep passion for what I do and when it comes to the integration of a tool that in time becomes a keystone in my business, I need suppliers that share my passion. And this is exactly what the people of Apptivo do: Tested and proven, even today on a Sunday afternoon. Keep up the good work guys, I hope we will go a long way together! Edwin Spiessens Corp. Gifts and Gadgets cc South Africa www.gifts-n-gadgets.co.za Feel free to drop me any question at any time if you think I can help you by selecting a CRM: edwin@giftsngadgets.co.za
Pros-A solid sales pipeline (From lead to opportunity to sales to after-sales) -A great contact management system -The possibility to generate quotes that can be converted to work orders, to invoices etc -An integrated templated Project management system with pre-set task generation -Email (gmail) integration -Google apps for business integration -The possibility to add more functionality in the form of integrated apps when the need arises. As far as I know, ONLY Apptivo, has a free 24/7/365 online support chat from within the CRM, and I consider this as a huge plus point.
ConsIf I have to say anything then it will be that the look of the user interface is a bit dull, but i will take this a hundred times to bells and whistles, and a quarter of the functionality and support!
February 22, 2015
Bryan M.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 22, 2019

“Who Provides GREAT "Chat" Support?”

OverallReplaced ACT Contact Management System to provide realtime access to critical data to make decisions and deliver breakthrough support to our customers and vendors.
ProsApptivo does! Although it's rare that I've had to use Apptivo "Chat" Support. Today, was another example where Naresh went above and beyond to get a Supervisor to fix an important Account Set-up. On a prior Chat call, Apptivo suggested a remote session where the representative quickly identified the Advanced Capabilities required to import a complex database. My company does not sell or represent Apptivo although we are in the enterprise software integration industry. Apptivo sets a new standard of excellence in support that organizations small and large can depend.
ConsAdditional pre-built integrations are time savers and Apptivo has more work to do in this area. Professionally, I'd rather have a solid framework of broad core features that is competitively priced than can be used by everyone in the company.
September 22, 2019
Craig K.
Market Research Consultant
Market Research, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2018

“All-in-one ERP - broad coverage at a reasonable price”

OverallAll-in-one business software, good support and value for the money.
ProsAn extremely broad range of applications. Apptivo beats most competitors in this respect; it really is an 'all-in-one' ERP in fact - not just a CRM. At the same time Apptivo is excellent value for the money. The 'in-app' live chat support is especially helpful, as you can deal with issues as they occur. The pricing is per user, broadening the base of potential organizations who will find Apptivo appealing from the outset, and scaling as the organization grows larger.
ConsBeing a 'jack of all trades', Apptivo cannot be expected to excel in every area. Some features - such as the two Wordpress plugins - seem neglected and are seldom updated or promoted. Given the popularity of WP it seems to be a missed opportunity to expand into the help desk market. Another example would be the customer portal, it seems a bit awkward. The customer must sign-up through Xinnect and then Apptivo as well to access their portal, even though Apptivo might not be relevant to them. It is also difficult to control exactly what clients will see, and they are shown a lot of irrelevant fields, even though there is a rudimentary role assignment mechanism. Combining this with cases (tickets) and answers (knowledge-base) should in theory provide an alternative to a help desk, but it is a long way round.

May 14, 2018
Tara M.
May 7, 2018

“Great way to track projects. A lot of features that can be customized for your specific industry. ”

OverallBeing able to see any project at any given status at any time.
ProsBeing able to put numerous fields to retain all project information in several different formats. Ease of reporting by exporting data to excel and going from there. You only have to use what you need. Disabling certain apps prevents you and users with too much information. Great selection of apps to customize for each business. Really enjoy the product!
ConsInvoicing is very basic. Not able to use it if you bill hourly. Not enough 1:1 support for highly complex project system setups. Need more reps to have access to custom care. Had pitfalls in reporting, but were addressed fairly quickly, but set us back as a company. Needing to double check items saved in the project you just updated, some data doesn't get saved on the first try. Not being made aware of when enhancements are made and what new features now exist. Reporting on specific users projects - needs ability to set priority is assigned roles and see those rankings constantly.

Marisela E.
November 28, 2016

“Customer Support is very Responsive”

OverallOur business started Apptivo when we were quite small, and there were several issues with the program when we first began using them. The support at Apptivo is awesome, every time that we have a difficulty using any of the programs feature, they have gotten back to us within hours or sometimes days. The recent issue with using their Ledger App took a bit longer to resolve but we enthusiastically appreciate their dedication to resolving the issues, and how thoroughly they did resolve it. The features we use most often include: Emailing Invoices and Estimates, keeping track of our Finances with their Ledger App, and keeping track of correspondence with Clients. There are some many other features to the program including tracking Inventory, tracking Accounts with Suppliers, and creating Projects with clients/collaborations with other professionals just to name a few. I will continue to use and support the Apptivo program. They continue to grow and offer more features, clearer and efficient options for tracking the growth of our business as it continues to grow!
ProsEasy to use features - Sending out invoices - Receiving payments and notifications - Receving Emails and Client feedback - Tracking client info - Reviewing, Updating, and tracking Inventory and Accounts Payables. There are many other features but these we use in general.
ConsSome errors with Invoices through paypal that require the client to input the info more than once, especially when there is Updates to the program. This has happened on some occasions, but is no longer an issue that we experience.
Recommendations to other buyersYes, great program for all your CRM needs.
November 28, 2016
Olivier V.
Managing Director
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees
February 20, 2019

“Great experience”

OverallWe are a small & medium company located in Europe with subsidiaries in US and Asia. We were looking for a provider which could (1) allow each subsidiary to view each other's customers (to increase the lead generation); (2) enable us to standardize our data (previously we were entering data into Excel without proper format); (3) facilitate data analysis and (4) enable us to streamline and automatize as much as possible the process from price offer to invoicing. After extensive research, we selected Apptivo for our CRM solution. Having to deal with lots of lists of companies from different countries, dealing with multiple currencies, it was not easy to find a CRM which is easy to use, affordable and yet can meet our demand. We have been using Apptivo for one year now and we are very happy with our choice. It was a necessary step to professionalize our business process. There is probably much more we can do with the application which we haven't explore yet. We are now using CRM, HR, Suppliers, items and Invoicing app within Apptivo.
ProsEasy to use, flexible, great value for money, great support (very friendly and quick), easy to import/export your data back into Excel.
ConsWe found a few small glitches (no space between "Mr." and "Name" when exporting the fields; or one functionality in invoicing did not work), but the support team was very quick in fixing those.

By Apptivo on March 26, 2019
Hi Olivier! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to support@apptivo.com. Thanks again!
February 20, 2019
Rob G.
Next Level Achievement Coach
May 1, 2018

“Best Bang for the buck on the market! Adaptability and ease of use with scalability!”

OverallFunctionality and accurate data collection that was flexible to meet my needs! Hands down the best solution on the market for the price point!
ProsEase of USE and layout modifications! The layout is so easy and adaptable to collect the information simply from other users. Databases are only as good as the information you put into them. Apptivo makes it so SIMPLE getting the info in and thus making it powerful!
ConsVery few, because it is cloud-based they are constantly adding customization features and options and sometimes the functional icons show up in the Customization Settings of the Administrator and there is no documentation for the new functionality as of yet. I would much rather have this problem than them not update the customization functionality though. This database is unbelievably scalable and constantly improving!

Gregory S.
May 1, 2018

“I have utilized several CRM solutions and the Apptivo CRM solution is a great solution for it's cost”

ProsApptivo CRM is easy to use, and makes available lots of functionality to pick and choose from when building a customized solution. Apptivo's customer support is excellent, responsive, helpful and does a great job supporting me when I need help.
Cons For non-technical users, modifying the screens to build a customized app, can be a challenge. However, Apptivo customer service is ready to jump in and help when needed. Customer support is accomplished via chat window, which can be tedious. However, Apptivo makes available voice support when requested. And, they provide lots of You-Tube based videos to demonstrate how to modify functionality.

By Apptivo on December 12, 2018
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team ApptivoThank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo
Ken J.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
May 20, 2019

“Apptivo Rocks!”

OverallVery, very good. It is really hard to find fault. A brilliant company, very good software and a really responsive help desk that can answers questions, 24/7. What is there not to like? WELL DONE APPTIVO....(just address my two little 'cons' and you have a PERFECT platform).
ProsFeatures - This is a one stop shop. Marketing, Sales, Telephony, Shipping... the list just goes on and on. I don't there is a need to sign up to a separate subscription for other services. Apptivo has you covered for everything. Price - Amazing...so much for so little. I don't believe another platform offers such value for money. The closet is Bitrix 24, but you have to sign up for at least 5 users to use all their functionality like Google 2-way sync. So although good, not the best if you are just starting out. Customization - This app allows you to add fields, change the layout and do pretty much what you want in terms of one wishes to use it. Integration - integrates with all the major platforms and has some great 3rd party plugins. Support - 24/7 and immediate. No waiting. Brilliant. Support team is particular helpful
ConsI think the U.I could do with a refresh Document support for uploaded files is a little limited. The software would be perfect if it had a viewer support for Word docs, etc. What this means is that any uploaded document, has to be downloaded in order to view it. This is clumsy....but a small price to pay, for what is very good software in nearly all respects.

By Apptivo on June 20, 2019
Hello Ken, Our team is thrilled that you're happy with our integrated software and our support team . I understand your feedback regarding uploading and viewing documents. I will collect this feedback to notify our teams accordingly. Again thank you so much! Team Apptivo
May 20, 2019
Anil J.
Sales Operations Manager
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
September 24, 2018

“It literally saved my hours and hours of precious time!”

ProsIt helps to manage customer relationship, campaigns, billing, and invoices. This is helpful to manage payment and tax department very smoothly which is important for any business. It further helps to organize the calendar for all business activities and keep a record of all the important contact details. Document management is another key feature. All the important documents related to the business can be kept safely in a virtual location. It caters to widespread businesses like the travel industry, retail, and wholesale industry etc.. All important activities of a business can be interlinked with the help of this application. We can enhance our productivity with this effective management application.
ConsWhen we started, our time zones were just IST and when employees from another part of the world started to sign up to the CRM, we faced a lot of problems to set autoresponders at the correct time. The time and date format don't change according to the location.
September 24, 2018
Brett L.
Architecture & Planning, Self-employed
February 5, 2019

“Perfect for any business”

OverallI have only used a handful of the features so far, however, I am happy with what I have, I was looking for a solution like this as I grow but don't have the resources to generate a custom solution. This was the perfect fit, it hosts all the information of expense reports, projects, invoicing, licensing, provider payments, staffing, etc. in one place to review so things don't get lost through the cracks.
ProsYou can find many CRM softwares, other project management softwares, and yet other accounting software. Apptivo brings all these features and more into one platform. While maybe not the easiest to use, it is due to the vast capabilities and customization features of the software. I don't have an IT staff and am an individual business owner but I was able to get everything set up for my professional services related business. I am extremely satisfied with the fast assistance by email, phone, and chat with the support staff, I couldn't have done it without them.
ConsI wish the person completing the trial demonstration could also have done a very advanced customization demonstration or I could have schedueld that for the future. I attempted multiple times to customize apps myself and ended up duplicating features and the original feature was better than what I did in the first place.

By Apptivo on March 26, 2019
Hi Brett! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to support@apptivo.com. Thanks again!
February 5, 2019
Sean G.
Construction, Self-employed
May 4, 2018

“I like Apptivo, but have found it to have lots of glitches and is very slow at times”

OverallApptivo helps to keep my partner and I organized. We particularly use the email and notes function. We are a builder, so everything is organized around projects. The scheduling program is terrible, by the way.
ProsThe concept of the software is great... it is very integrated and it seems like the owners are always trying to improve the program.
ConsThe problems are the number of glitches experienced; the difficulty in getting issues resolved; the fact that the program can be very slow to respond. Right now, for instance, when I click on an email sometimes it opens up and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure what is causing this, but it is extremely frustrating and inefficient. I tend to do things in Google. I am seriously considering abandoning Apptivo.

By Apptivo on December 12, 2018
Thank you very much for your review! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo
Tom W.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2019

“Great CRM Software ”

OverallI have now used Apptivo with two businesses and find it highly functional and easy to adopt.
ProsEasy to set up, understand and customize.
ConsTakes some e-learning to customize properly but it is easy to accomplish

By Apptivo on August 26, 2019
Hello Tom, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you find Apptivo fairly easy to use and valuable. We exist because of customers like you! Again, thank you so much! Team Apptivo
August 1, 2019
Emily M.
Consultant
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 29, 2019

“Everything you need”

OverallThis is by far the best CRM/estimating/invoicing/product management/project management software a company could be looking for. It is also the most affordable. You can limit user access, track phone calls, and do so much more all within one platform that is easily accessible from any device with internet.
ProsCompletely customizable Integrates well and all information is easily found
ConsCan be difficult to navigate if unfamiliar Can be difficult to customize if unfamiliar

By Apptivo on August 20, 2019
Hello Emily, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is glad you're happy with Apptivo. We will collect this feedback on getting familiar with Apptivo and notify our teams accordingly. We exist because of customers looking for an end-to-end solution like you! Again, thank you so much! Team Apptivo
July 29, 2019
Tony S.
Operations Manager
Packaging and Containers, 11-50 employees
July 2, 2019

“Great alternative to the big boys”

OverallWe were upgrading from paper to digital and looking for an overall solution that would be CRM , Service, Production, Marketing and Apptivo covers these item well.
ProsThis software allows our field service team the ability to write service call reports and expense reports on their phones. Additionally, the project start from kickoff to handover to service is easily tracked and the speed of the service is great. The customization implementation cost is very reasonable. Customer support via chat is fast and they provide an answer usually very quickly.
ConsSome features are missing little details such as a print feature for expense reports, the response was that the feature has been added to the next upgrade however, not available now.

By Apptivo on August 20, 2019
Hello Tony, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you're happy with our product and that you found our custom implementation cost reasonable. We are excited to have you on board! Team Apptivo
July 2, 2019
ed k.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
March 14, 2019

“Its the support that makes all the difference”

OverallFastastic experience overall. Great documentation but I just use the chat support and they usually direct you straight to the article I need. I intend to gradually introduce all the functionallity into my business.
ProsI like the way you can enable just the bits you need. I started with just invoicing and am gradually enabling the other elements as I need them. That way it doesnt blind you with too many options whilst you learn to use the system. Its the support that really makes the difference in this product. I have had lots of questions and I have all these answered quickly via the chat function. No question is too much trouble and considering the very affordable price its unbelievable.
ConsI cant think of many really. Occasionally its a little slow and sometimes I get the odd glitch but nothing to really worry about.

By Apptivo on April 3, 2019
Hi Ed! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. Our apologies that you are facing slowness with our tool. We are working to optimize the speed and stabilize it without any further glitches. And I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. Thanks again!
March 14, 2019
Jack F.
President | Get LinkedIn Appointment Setting | LinkedIn Expert | Sales Leader, Trainer & Coach
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2018

“Apptivo is Awesome”

OverallOverall, I love the product now that I have learned to use it. I just wish that it were more user friendly in the beginning and that the customer service were more helpful when I want to learn something new. I have been hindered in learning how to use other apps within Apptivo because I don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with customer support.
ProsApptivo provides an excellent CRM for us to schedule emails and send a personalized email to several people at the same time. We schedule meeting reminder emails and workshop reminder emails all through Apptivo.
ConsCustomer support is lacking and the software is not very intuitive. It seems as though customer support is outsourced and that the CSR's don't know the product very well. Apptivo does not have a lot of instructional videos on Youtube and their written support is hard to locate.

By Apptivo on December 12, 2018
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about your issue with our user friendliness and customer support, we are working towards improving it. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo
August 21, 2018
Ashton B.
Technical Consultant
Food Production, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2017

“The interface, functionality and configurability of Apptivo CRM is superb. ”

OverallQuick setup, compartmentalized functionality so we can add features as we go along, and of course the ability to track our contacts, customers, and sales. This makes it not just a CRM system, but also an invoice and accounting system and reporting tool. At its price point, its features and full support, it is hard to beat.
ProsThe heuristics of the interface provides the user with an natural environment to learn and work within. It's configurability is superb and it's modular functionality provides the right amount of compartmentalization that allows the user to focus on just the features the need. This enhances navigation and the user's learning curve. On top of all this, Apptivo provides top notch support, even through the trial phases of their product. Their support representatives are online 24/7, and in one instance, Mani provided me an upgrade and customization for my particular application. With such competent and helpful free product support, I have total confidence in our companies ability to roll out a great implementation of CRM. All of the features we desire are available on a mobile platform, so we really couldn't ask for much more.
ConsA few minor quibbles, none functionally inhibiting. In creating views the product automatically alphabetized them and I would have preferred to display them in a custom order. Between Apps, which are really views, their is not a 2-way synchronization of fields, only a one-way push is offered. The product keeps a history of all changes, so we have yet to notice weeknesses in how user accounts are handled.
April 30, 2017
May 4, 2018

“I have been using Apptivo for 5 years now. Very good overall!”

OverallIntegration, control over my process, paper reduction, information available always, on the go, basic reporting, personalization and company branding, professional presentation of my company, cost control,
ProsSimple It is growing in terms of features It allows managing a complete end-to-end company Invoicing App is very simple and powerful. Mobile app works fine
ConsSometimes it is slow Some Apps are very basic Documentation is very simple, basically the screenshots Personalization could be complex

chris b.
Building Materials, 1-10 employees
June 16, 2019

“cloud”

Prosall the data is safe in the cloud and accessible from any device anywhere
Consif features are not available, they take a very long time to be implemented and feedback is non existent.

By Apptivo on June 18, 2019
Hello Chris, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We will collect this feedback and notify our teams accordingly. Again thank you so much! Team Apptivo
June 16, 2019
Bill S.
Telecommunications, Self-employed
May 30, 2019

“Review of Support on 30 May 2019”

OverallApptivo is very powerful and better than most that I have seen
ProsDavid and Faiyaz were fantastic today. Very patient and helpful in helping me understand Apprivo and correct some issues that I had.
ConsIt is a little complicated. But, I will learn it.

By Apptivo on June 3, 2019
Hello Bill, Thank you so much for your kind words. We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review in your experience with two of our support team members. Thank you again! Team Apptivo
Adam M.
Marketing Director
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 12, 2019

“Apptivo Review”

OverallIt works for 1 of the 3 things I set it up for.
ProsThe ease of setup, in comparison to Salesforce.
ConsThe user interface is not overly intuitive, its too intricate and overly complicated. It does not have a easy flow to it. It feels like trying to make a lot of pieces fit together instead of setting up steps that compliment each other.

By Apptivo on August 26, 2019
Hello Adam, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is glad to hear that you find Apptivo fairly easy to set up. We will collect your feedback on our interface and notify our teams accordingly. Thank you so much! Team Apptivo
August 12, 2019
Bill S.
May 3, 2018

“We recently started to use it. So far, so good”

ProsCan access all areas of our business - Sales, Projects, Tasks etc. I like the ability to create Project Templates
ConsWe have to create Custom Lists for common views like Opportunities > Open> Sorted by close date. A pretty common KPI. We then have to export it just to view it on a weekly basis for staff meeting. A few steps to get standard data. Same with Open Projects, sorted by Due Date

May 3, 2018
Louis J.
CTO
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
April 14, 2019

“Excellent CRM with a rich feature set, that just needs a visual update”

OverallExcellent CRM with a rich feature set, that just needs a visual update
ProsApptivo has so much included for a very fair price - Leads, Opportunities, Projects, Item Tracking, Customer Portal and so much more. The support is a live chat from within the CRM so it's so easy to raise an issue. It's generally reliable and easy to customise.
ConsSometimes can run slow during peak periods (US time) so can be slightly annoying. The GUI is good, but could use with updating.

By Apptivo on June 20, 2019
Hello Louis! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We are glad that you're happy with our support team and find Apptivo easy to customize. We are continuously trying to improve Apptivo and will collect this feedback to notify our teams. Again, thank you so much! Team Apptivo
April 14, 2019
Cole R.
Vice President
May 7, 2018

“I like using Apptivo better than my previous software salesforce, it is more intuitive. ”

ProsI like that we can convert from estimates to invoices, it saves dual entry which for a salesperson is key. I am able to create these estimates very quickly and turnaround time is crucial for my customers.
ConsI think it would be nice is apptivo made updates and releases/improvements to the software regularly and informed the users of this via a monthly email or newsletter. It is easy to get stuck in a rut of doing the same things in the system and I may not be getting all the functionality that the software has to offer.

By Apptivo on December 12, 2018
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We have started sending out newsletters as you requested and we hope you like it. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo
Prince D.
Country Manager
May 5, 2018

“Central to my operation”

ProsApptivo does everything that I need for my business. It's simple to configure and has all the functionality essential for my business. I like its completeness and how all the modules are integrated
ConsThe mobile app is very limited and does not have the functionality of the web app. For a small business that operates on the go this is not ideal

May 5, 2018
Curtis H.
Director of Marketing
Management Consulting, Unspecified
March 16, 2015

“Excellent Product, Excellent Support. ”

ProsI like the fantastic support, customizable forms, and employment management. These features are really well put together. On the topic of customizable forms I'll just add that you can create a form that is as extensive (or simplistic) as you need. The search function for forms is fantastically easy and advanced search gives you the option to search for any data in any specific form you have which is really really good.
ConsThere are a couple changes needed for me to rate this 10 out of 10. I love this software, but until the following issues are fixed, we will continue to have a few frustrations with using it: -You should be able to sort every column A-Z (or by date oldest to youngest) and vice-versa not just "Standard attributes." -Again around filtering, if you create an input box for a date, not using the 1 standard attribute "Date Completed" Lets give the example of using a new field you create called "Sales Presentation Date". You can't sort the data by a range of dates. You can only do this for the 1 standard attribute field "Date Completed". We have several date fields that we NEED to be able to filter the range with (e.g. to find out how many sales visits a salesman has been on during a specific month), but we cannot do this because we cannot sort or filter by date range. -Lastly the inability to PRINT directly from Apptivo is just frustrating. You have to export it to Excel (which should be a separate button and not part of a drop down menu) and then print.
Recommendations to other buyersYou can customize this software to do almost anything. It doesn't have calculation functionality yet so that is about the limit. The only other thing you'll have to consider at the moment is if you are doing a lot of date ranges searches, then you'll have to make sure you have a workaround before going ahead. Besides that, we love using it! And it's stupid cheap! Give it a try, you wont be disappointed!
March 16, 2015
Kenneth N.
Partner
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2019

“Exceptional Quality”

OverallThis is the best fully customizable CRM solution we've used that integrates seamlessly with Outlook. The value for the money is exceptional.
ProsFor the price, I haven't found anything like this out there. It is EXTREMELY customizable and the variety of apps, many of which are part of the base service package, is unbelievable.
ConsEvery now and then, there are some quirky glitches but on the positive side, client services is always available via chat and they are extremely helpful.
August 27, 2019
Chris B.
COO
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees
October 27, 2018

“Nice features. Great support”

OverallThey have been a dependable partner for over two years now. Never had any downtime and it works as advertised.
ProsThe support is great. I can get to an active chat and they answer my questions instantly. The feature set covers most of what I need and the pricing is great. A great value when you compare it to Salesforce.
ConsThe features are not as extent as Salesforce but you can't beat the pricing for a small business.

By Apptivo on December 12, 2018
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo
October 27, 2018
Computer Software, Unspecified
May 7, 2018

“I am happy with the service as it meets my requirements”

ProsI needed a CRM system that I could import existing data and then also create campaigns. I also wanted quite granular segmentation capabilities. I started with the free version and after a few days went for the paid option as I wanted to do some customization. For the price I think the service is very comprehensive and when I have asked for support it's been helpful and met my requirements. There are modules / components that I have not yet used but I like knowing they are there if I need them. The product video's online are very helpful. I should have started with them so some mistakes where made.
ConsI often want to set up a calendar entry in different outlook mailboxes. Ideally I want to copy an address associated with a contact. However when I click on the address to copy and paste into outlook calendar the option take me into edit mode which take me longer to copy and paste as I have to copy a few times. Otherwise I have no other issues.

Tom S.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
May 4, 2018

“I've been using this software for 2 years. Feels good”

OverallInexpensive
ProsIntegration to offer apps. We use RingCentral to make and track calls. We also use the email function
ConsThe support is tedious. They prefer a chat format that takes 3 - 5 minutes before they respond to a question. Almost always they ask the same questions over and over. Support is over seas

Nina D.
Admin
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
May 1, 2018

“It didn't have all the features we needed but they were working on it. ”

ProsThe Support staff were helpful and available. It was easy to use and the features were nice options.
ConsYou had to add the same information each time you added an app, this made it time consuming. Such as Templates for Email, I had to add it to the Email section, the Customer Section and then again to the Contacts section. It would have been nice to have a Universal Email template area so I could input them Once and choose throughout. Also, some functions for the Funnel system and Search engine wouldn't be Universal enough, so I had copies of people in each section so I could do a search or Report in 2 different areas for One customer just to get the complete information I needed. Search, and Reports should have the same options regardless of where the Customer is a Lead or transferred into a Buyer. This was annoying.
Ankit A.
Director / Owner
July 20, 2015

“Almost there!”

OverallGreat product. Some of the must have features for our business are still a work in progress, but once they are available - I'd jump on this product. Things we need are pretty minor, but hope they get the attention it needs: - Need timesheets to require a customer input. Currently timesheets can be created without a customer and that creates problems, since approved timesheets cannot be edited or deleted. - Need to be able to enter timesheet involving multiple customers/projects in the same period. Currently, users have to enter multiple timesheets for the same period if they worked on different customers - Our timesheet periods are set to weekly, and our week begins on a Monday. But it doesn't force the users to have a Mon-Sun period. They are able to submit time that begins in the middle of the week (Thu-Wed). - Once the above timesheet changes are implemented, would also like to see a user being limited to one timesheet per period. Don't want duplicate timesheets unnecessarily, specially since they cannot be deleted once approved - For a service oriented business, we need to be able to track an employee's time such that it gives us cost, as well as earnings, so profitability (and payroll calculations) become easier. - When each employee signs up, they have to go add each app that they have been given access to. This adds a lot of training and onboarding overhead to us. We'd like to be able to add apps to employees' accounts at an admin level, so they just have to log in and start using the apps - Similar to the last point above, we would also like to be able to control the look/feel of each of our employees' accounts. We've setup the color schemes to match the company brandings, but they don't reflect in our employees' logins. Other than these missing features, it's a great product! The customer support is exceptional. I've never seen such a dedicated support staff who is available to answer questions and help you get started so quickly.
July 20, 2015
Rachel G.
Office Administrator
December 12, 2017

“Great way for multiple people on a team to manage and use contacts”

OverallThis software is key to organizing and maintaining addresses!
ProsApptivo is a program that our ministry uses to keep our subscriber addresses organized and updated. We have several people on our team going in to make changes on a consistent basis, and this program helps track who has changed what and when. Also, we have multiple lists with thousands of addresses, and it can handle the large volume.
ConsThe only con I would state is that we use abbreviated states in order to send mail cass certified. Apptivo uses the full name of states, so we have to use formulas when we export to Excel in order to print labels correctly. It can be a hassle.
December 12, 2017
Richard B. T.
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
March 24, 2019

“The best support I've ever experienced!!! I'm talking 7 days a week 24 hours a day”

OverallIt is absolutely not only the heartbeat of my company, but now I also use Apptivo for my personal use.
ProsApptivo is by far the Best CRM and Financial, Apptivo is freaking Amazing & Awesome!! I truly Love Apptivo!!! Ricky Bobby
ConsMy lack of knowledge, but it is easy to use.

By Apptivo on April 2, 2019
Hi Richard! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to support@apptivo.com. Thanks again!
March 24, 2019
Jordan P.
IT Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
March 13, 2019

“Very Helpful”

ProsEasy to use. Easy to configure. Easy to get support. Those are the most important things that a platform can offer.
ConsWhen working with templates, it can be a bit confusing but with support on standby, it can turn out to be an experience that isn't difficult.

By Apptivo on April 2, 2019
Hi Jordan! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to support@apptivo.com. Thanks again!
March 13, 2019
Financial Services, Unspecified
May 4, 2018

“Started using Apptivo 3 years ago, Great financial admin tools and smartphone apps are handy as well”

ProsCloud based, User friendly and if you require something they will try to add it in. 24/7 live customer support.
ConsYou can do a print out of all payments received if you have many clients (per invoice only), time sheets will only be specified on the invoices if you do it one week at the time.

By Apptivo on December 12, 2018
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! . Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo
Troy B.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Construction, 11-50 employees
June 7, 2019

“Amazing Support!”

OverallThe very best customer service I've ever experienced.
ProsVery easy to navigate the program and the individual customer files
ConsI use it for Companies rather than individuals but the design seems to be driven by a persons name or an individual contact. I'd prefer that it lists by company and then every contact and location under that company

By Apptivo on June 18, 2019
Hello Troy, Thank you so much for your review! We're glad that you found our support amazing and we hope to continue giving great support to our customers. We exist because of great customers like you! Again, thank you so much! Team Apptivo
June 7, 2019
Sarah L.
Project Coordinator
Biotechnology, 1-10 employees

“Simply the Best”

OverallWe have a business model in which we are essentially the middle-man: we have clients on one end and customers on the other, and their products go through us in-between. Apptivo allows us to easily sort who is who and what project or indication they are associated with through Tags and Categories, as well as allowing us to split contacts into Prospects, Leads, etc. In addition, we also must send out supplies from third-party vendors, so there's a lot of supply and project tracking that, ideally, we would like integrated. Apptivo has the ability to do this through automation and customization, and it is one of the cheapest options to boot! The customer service and support team is very helpful and responsive, a must for when you're starting out with a new database and have lots of questions. Highly recommend Apptivo for small businesses to track and streamline work flow.
ProsVery accessible and great customization, easy to navigate, easy importing from Excel, ability to track email campaigns, add-on and integrate apps for parts of a process, inexpensive, and live support chat within the application
ConsThe interface is not as "fun" or attractive as some other online CRMs in the market, but still nice and practical

By Apptivo on June 20, 2019
Hello Sarah, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is so happy that you're happy with our software and support team. Again thank you so much! Team Apptivo
DEREK T.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
May 27, 2019

“Apptivo”

OverallOverall impact to be business is great. We needed an affordable ERP System and Apptivo fits our needs very well.
ProsEasy to learn and to use. Excellent on-line support
ConsNone, i works for us without any issues or missing functions. I'd like to see this developed to include a financial model, rather than exporting to another app.

By Apptivo on June 3, 2019
Hello Derek, Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review! We are so glad you found Apptivo easy to use and our support, wonderful. We hope to continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience you had with us. Again, thank you! Team Apptivo
May 27, 2019
Sean C.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
April 1, 2019

“Decided to switch to something else”

OverallTheir software is decent, but they really seem to loathe their Starter Plan customers. The way they hack out features that they don't want available is sloppy, and makes it necessary to come up with ways to work around their intentional stumbling blocks. Apptivo - If you don't want to offer a free product, don't. I got the hint, and I'm setting up PayPal Invoicing tonight.
ProsI've been using their "Starter Plan" since 2012. It is good enough to get by, and it is free. I mostly use the invoicing module.
ConsCertain settings in the starter plan don't make sense. For example, the e-mail template includes a link to paying online, but online payments aren't supported in the starter plan. Modifying the e-mail template to take that link out is also not supported in the starter plan. I could deal with all that, but now, after a year of using the recurring invoices feature, they suddenly stop working. The tech support person says I have to upgrade my plan to use that. But the settings pages all work, and my invoices are all just sitting there waiting.

By Apptivo on June 20, 2019
Hello Sean, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We're glad that you enjoyed using Apptivo as a customer for many years. The Starter Plan is generally very limited compared to the other plans. We also upgraded versions since you first created an account with us. This might have caused some unexpected changes. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and will take your feedback to the appropriate teams to help improve our user experience. Thank you again for your feedback! Team Apptivo
April 1, 2019
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
July 25, 2018

“This has been such a great site to use for us to record customers and make sure to follow up”

ProsLove how they have the follow up option, I depend on this on when to follow up with my customers It is easy to use and get data about the type of clients we have
ConsI wish it was easier to link so we could have sales, manually updating that is a pain, also wish that it had more options on types of customers we can put them under

By Apptivo on December 12, 2018
Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the manual updating and we are looking into that. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo
July 25, 2018
Stuart M.
Director Panel Products USA
Import and Export, 1001-5000 employees
May 7, 2018

“Like that I can access from a mobile device”

OverallMobile access in a easy to use format.... just need eda simple contact management program where daily notes and quotations can be stored.... Don't need or want the fluff that doesn't help sell products for our organization...
ProsQuick connections - no hang time...format is easy to follow, learning curve is very quick and help chat is a huge plus.....Mobile device connect is seamless , even on a smart phone
ConsAdding contacts individuals - address and main phone numbers are not migrated from the Company of at lease the option.......

Jennifer J.
Licensed Insurance Agent
Insurance, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2018

“Awesome way to house my clients. ”

OverallI am able to add customers to the database and then go back in and update their charts from any location that I am at. I love it.
ProsWhat I like most about Apptivo is the calendar for scheduling my clients and how the CRM software makes it easy to navigate to the clients uploaded files.
ConsI wish that we could eliminate the am hours that shows up on the calendar. I have tried to figure out how to eliminate like 1am to 7 am.

May 2, 2018
Rainer L.
Founder/Managing Director
May 8, 2018

“Great experience so far. For my type of Business ideal”

OverallCRM System is very useful to Support a systematice sales process.
ProsPossibility to tailor it to a specific Business, the functionality, Ease to Use, Layout, various search functions, etc.
Cons- Opportunities section could be enhanced by beding able to create reports for a specific product. for example: -Performance Report, Pipeline by Stage, Sales Funnel, 12 months Pipeline etc. not only for "All opportunies, but also for specified and pre-defined products

May 8, 2018